Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2004, 09:19 PM   #1  

Question Online Calorie Chart?

I have been desperately looking for a good calorie chart online. What I am looking for is a calorie chart that will tell me how many calories are in a piece of fruit, or cup of milk, etc. Nothing that I have found online so far has quite been what I am looking for. Does anyone here know where I can find a good, comprehensive, even printable calorie chart online?
Old 03-16-2004, 11:32 PM   #2  

Have you tried http://www.fitday.com? It's very helpful!
Old 03-17-2004, 08:50 AM   #3  

Riverwoman: Hey girl, this is seriously your lucky day!

www.caloriecountercharts.com

It is the one I printed out a year ago and still use. I just looked to see if the site is still active and it is so there you go.

Where do you live in MS, anywhere near me, by any chance????

Faye
Old 03-17-2004, 04:37 PM   #4  
it's always something

Most (if not all) calorie counters use the USDA nutrition database. You can download it to your computer now. It contains over 6,000 foods.

You can search theirs at http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/cgi-bin/nut_search.pl

Or download it from http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/srch/search.htm to use on your own computer.
Old 03-17-2004, 11:22 PM   #5  

Hi Everybody, can you believe this is the first real chance that I've had to be on the computer all day? Whew! Where did the time go? Thanks for taking time out to post these links for me everybody, these all look great, and I'm glad to have them all.

180Chick: I am going to have to see if I can commit to doing fitday for a little while just to see how I am doing nutritionwise. Suzanne: That database in incredible, it will be cool having it on computer. Faye: I am currently living in Tupelo. I have been to Memphis many times. I have some relatives in that area.
Old 03-23-2004, 05:17 PM   #6  
Legend in my own mind

They thanks gma2one, that is a way cool chart, and thou I didn't make the thread, I needed one too...
Old 03-25-2004, 09:05 PM   #7  

Default Try this one

I put together a carb counter page from information collected on the net.. It has tables that you can sort on any of the columns.. I put the pages together for counting carbs, but the data includes calorie counts among others.. http://www.master-minds.net/carbcounter/

Mont
Closed Thread