Support Groups - Chit Chat #36

View Full Version : Chit Chat #36

fropvd
03-15-2004, 05:54 PM
Hello and welcome to our latest thread. We are a very friendly group of women supporting each other in our quest for fitness and better health. Please feel free to join us, though be warned that you'll be subjected to our very silly humour and possibly even to a discussion about topics such as "the reach". *lol*

da fat n da furious
03-15-2004, 10:26 PM
I did all my errands and feel so good knowing the house is mostly clean and smells good,,,like blueberries, infact everything smells like blueberries...funny eh? hmmmm

I start work tomorrow,,,kinda nervous. I have done so many jobs lately,,,Im going to have to grow up and figure out what I really want to be.

Im reading a good book right now,,,another spooky one...lol why I do that i don't know.

well I should get going,,,Las Vegas
night all
Angie

FrouFrou
03-15-2004, 10:45 PM
Have a first good day at work tomorrow Angie. :) Can't remember if you mentioned it or not but what will you be doing? Did someone say you were going to be a taster?? ;) ;) Just kidding, I know you said you don't like beer.

Kat~you may scare people off with talk of "the reach." :lol:

Not much going on with me. Today was a total loss of a day which is sad. I hate when I have time and don't do anything, other than laundry that is. Oh well, tomorrow is a new day. It is supposed to get in the 60's this week which is nice. I want to go out and do some preparing. I am anxious to get started planting something. Anyway, just wanted to check in and see what's up with everyone. Of course you all will get busy once I am off the :comp: Have a good one ladies :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

fropvd
03-15-2004, 10:47 PM
How did you manage to get a blueberry up your nose?

Marti
03-15-2004, 11:17 PM
Hello ladies--

Well my two finals for today went pretty good I think. We had two hours for each and I finished my math in 35mins. and my Powerpoint in 40mins. So I got to go home early!! Hurray for me!! :)

On my way home...I had a message on my cell from James telling me my brother was visiting. So when I got home I was expecting him to be standing outside with James......instead I found him sleeping on my couch!! So l let hime rest while I cleaned up the house. He spent most of the day here which was nice since the last time he was in Oregon I only saw him for an hour or two.

Then he showed me a video him and his roommate put together from the war. Oh my......just knowing that he was there was one thing, to watch him in action was something else. I told him to make a me a copy. And the most terrible thing he told me almost brought me to tears. He had a clip of his homecoming....and they video taped the landing of the plane....cheers going on in the back ground...then them all marching towards the family waiting for them......Tony didn't have any family waiting!! That tore me up!! I had no idea that no one greeted him home!! My sister who lives in Florida kept apologizing and he told me that it was ok...but I just think that after a year in Iraq you would want to see family!!! He lives in Georgia in case you were wondering. I didn't even know when he was coming home otherwise I would at least tried to make it out to see him. My baby brother....

Ok...enough of my ramblings....I'm going to throw in some laundry...I may be back a little later.

I'll catch up then.

Marti

Mom2Gaby
03-15-2004, 11:24 PM
Good Evening,

Someone got blueberry up their what?? I heard that the smell of vanilla curbs the urge for sex.......no, I mean chocolate. It is suppose to give you a calm feeling.

I read that anyway......

Took Gab for a check up and she is 35 pounds, 31 inches tall :)
They gave her 1 shot and she took it like a trooper.

I am interested in becoming a Real Estate Agent, that is what I want to be when I grow up, Angie....lol
I am going to look into getting my license, I think it takes a few months. Actually there is a meeting on my birthday with Prudential Reality answering questions about becoming an agent. It is like a sign!!! .......omg...a realtor sign......lol
Hey, I need all the backing I can get. :)

Sounds like we have the same mother,Cristi. My realtionship with my mother is a lot better these days. I can understand her more and her struggles as a mother raising 5 children.

I think I am a pretty good catch. I just don't have a lot of $$$. I know this thing with Alex is suppose to be a friendship thing but do I wish for more??? Heck, yes....lol.
He is well off though, what would he want with a poor single mother?? Someone who only has money around March of each year from her tax return?? lol.......
Though he seems different.Maybe because his parents came to this country in the mid 1970's, I am sure he has struggled some.
Anyway, he wrote a nice email today and says " can't wait to meet you in person :)".........yep, he put a smile there.....

I better get to work.........nice to come in here and space out...lol

TTYL :)

fropvd
03-15-2004, 11:45 PM
Today was another weigh in at 221, but I got a nice surprise when I did my official monthly measuring...I'm now down 2" on my bust, 2.25" on my waist, .25 in on my abdomen, 1.5" in my hips and 1.5 in on my upper arms. My body fat has also decreased by 1.30%. My whole workout went much more smoothly after that because I was charged up on the news. *grin* Now if only I would see the weight drop down some... I really want to be at or below 200 lbs by May when I graduate. Even 199.75 would do the trick. Oh well, I'll just keep on keeping on and at least take comfort that I'm losing inches. The other big news is that my BMI has dropped to 39.2, putting me into the obese category rather than the morbidly obese category. Hooray! Thats a big thing in and of itself as it reduced some of my health risk, though I am still at very high risk for health consequences.

Mom2Gaby
03-16-2004, 12:03 AM
Kat- This is good news!! Congrats :)
Curious if that measuring is with WW? Or is that something with your Dr.?
Cross fingers that you make your goal by May. I am sure it will be a big boost to break through that 200 mark!!! :)
I know it did me,wonderful to see something that didn't start with a 2 :)

I wrote something on your brother Marti, don't see it now.

I am glad he is home safe & sound. Certainly give him a big THANK-YOU for serving his country.

You are a sweet sister, I am sure he understands that you would have been there for his homecoming if you could have been. :) Enjoy the reunion,and he will be here for your marriage??

Off to pick up Gabster.......:)

Marti
03-16-2004, 12:50 AM
Hello again--

Got my second load of laundry in the wash...one more to go. I figured that I would be doing all my house work tomorrow since I had no finals....then decided to get a head start today so I could enjoy tomorrow!!! Maybe get some scrapbooking in.............(yeah....I'm sure I will)

Who was it that asked how we met the "love" of our lives?? I can't remember but I will tell you how James and I met. (I just got off the phone with him so he's on my mind)

First time meeting him...he was 16 and I was 21....he was walking around town with my brother in law and so my ex and I stopped to talk for a min. I was introduced and it was his eyes that got me. Put me in a trance....that was the last time I saw him....

Fast forward 6 years. I started working at Foster Farms. He was the Supervisor Assistant. He had just gotten that position due to INS coming in and taking over half of the employees. So he was grumpy and I did NOT like having to talk to him. But that lasted about week or so. He would smile and ask me how I was and we would talk. At the time...I was having problems with my marriage and I was really trying to make it work. He would just talk to me and be my friend without trying to "come on to me" like a lot of men who worked there (you know the kind...oh she's vulnerable...problems at home so lets be "extra" friendly) well James was never that way. He was always sweet and would listen to me talk. He was having issues with his girlfriend at the time and I would listen to him. We were good friends. About a year or more of us talking went by. I knew I like him more than a friend, but I was really trying to make my marriage work plus he had a girlfriend. So I would tease with my friends that he is the "right" guy for me if either of us ever became single. And apparently....he was saying the same to his friends.
One day a mutual friend finally said "Dammit Marti, I can't take this anymore!! You two have been talking about how much you like each other for a whole year,yet neither of you know it...so I'm going to let you know" My mouth dropped. I had no idea that he was interested in being more than my friend.
I don't remember who told James that I liked him too (probably the same guy) but after awhile, when I knew my marriage was over....we started talking more and started doing things together. And here we are today.

Ok..here is the strange part. Apparently I talked about James a lot when I used to come home from work. Because Thom knew that James and I would eventually get together....and he was happy for me. Why?? (this I asked) Because it was nice to see SOMEONE make me happy. Now...how strange is that coming from your ex? I can't even imagine if things between Thom and I were hostile!!!

I don't know how that meeting sounds to you all...but to me...it was meant to be. And yes...his eyes speak volumes to me!! So expressive. Also...my first day working at Foster Farms...was James' Birthday...so I always tell him I was a "late" birthday gift!! :D

Well, I think I took an awful lot of room sharing that with you. Sorry about that. I can go on and on if you all let me!!!

Ok...who is next?? I love hearing how people met and got together.

Oh!! Dryer shut off...time to put the next load in!!

Marti

Jane
03-16-2004, 08:25 AM
Hi Ladies,

Kat - hope you don't mind that I change the thread title - we don't want newbies who may notg understand our humor to think we're doing weird stuff in here, lol! And about the date - we change that when the thread gets to about 40-50 posts. :cheer: :cp: :dance: Way To Go on the body fat loss and inches loss!! You are doing great!!

Cristi - Way TO GO to you, too, on your 4 pounds down!! :cheer: :cp: Don't you just love the feeling of elation of it?? I did the graphics on the St. Pat's Day envelopes myself! Glad you liked it! :D

Angie - hope you are having a good first day on the job, and that you will tell us all about it when you get home.

Susan - WW points are doled out depending on a persons weight, and then they add 35 a week to be used at our own descretion. I rarely use all 35 extra. Then, they allow more for exercise, but even when I do exercise, I don't take more points. If you (or anybody) want the points range I will be happy to post it. They base the points on calories + fat - fiber in a food. Works for me!! :D

Marti - awwww.... your story about you and James is so sweet! You could make a movie from it!

Rita - thanks for sharing your bio with us!

My friend that I went to the doctor with has a herniated labia! OUCH!!! She is facing surgery, of course. But at least it ain't cancer!!!!!!

My priorities for the day are tackling Mount Washmore, and playing with my grandkids. Not necessarily in that order, lol! :

BBL,
Jana

Mom2Gaby
03-16-2004, 12:20 PM
Good Morning,

Praying that your friend is well and back on her feet soon, Jana.

Praying that you conquer Mt.Washmore.:)

I was interested in the points because I bought some WW frozen foods, Smart Choice?? Anyway, think it was a 5 pointer. How much is a teaspoon of peanut butter?

Lovely story Marti, thanks for sharing about you and James. I must say Thom sounds like a sweet man, nice that you have a friendly relationship , so good for your daughter.

I have some errands and need to get a walk in. Excited about the real estate thing!!

Would share my love story but I haven't lived it yet....lol.

Alos, want to pick up some curlers and see what I can do with my hair.

Katie- Thanks very much for the St.Patricks card!!!! Received it yesterday:)

You all take care :)

Marti
03-16-2004, 12:42 PM
Morning ladies--

Here I sit in the office while the sun is beaming into my window!!! What is wrong with me??!! I think I will be going for a walk in a little bit.

Yesterday was my weigh in :goodscale and I decided not to weigh myself.....only because aunt FLO decided to visit. And I hate to weigh myself during the visits you know what I mean?? But you know.....I was dancing a little jig when the visit arrived!! That means, it should be over with by the 24th......I would be free for...........hmmmm......honeymoon weekend! ;)

Still haven't decided what we're doing after we get married. we would like to get away but not sure where yet. Better get to thinking!!

Jana--I got your card yesterday in the mail!! You and Cristi. Thank you ladies. I wasn't able to send out cards, but I did send an e-mail to you all. You shall receive it on St. Patty's day. I will get on the ball for the next holiday!!

Alright ladies--this one is a quicky...I need to go take a shower then enjoy this sunshine...forecast calls for a cloudy weekend possible rain!! :( (ick) So I will take advantage now.

Marti

Mom2Gaby
03-16-2004, 02:03 PM
Ok,

Enough puttering on the puter.

Gabrille & are heading for our walk at the park.

I had my Advantage shake,banana and 1/2 slice of cracked wheat bread w/ peanut butter. Just sounded good and really wanted someting to dunk in my coffee. :coffee:

My goal is to be 152 by Saturday, was my goal for last Saturday *sigh*....it's ok ( I am telling myself) I feel tons better and each day I make healthy choices. I COULD still be 165 and in these last few months I have done something about it.

Must admit though,,,,,,,,would love to see that 149.... ;) Haven't seen that since before I became pregnant 3 odd years ago.......actually 3 years in May.

Blah,blah.....best get.

Oh, I just finished my first 33 oz's!!! Good thing about the park is it takes me 15/20 minutes to walk a loop, just in time to use the bathroom....which is right there off the path..........what a pain........lol

TTYL

:dizzy: :cool: :^: :smug: :D :coffee: :) ;) :lol: :?:

Marti
03-16-2004, 02:58 PM
Here I am again--

Puttering around the house trying to figure out what I can do while James is sleeping....(he went back to night shift) I want to rearrange the office...get rid of some boxes that are in the closet (it has no door so the whole world can see the mess :eek: ) but that would make too much noise. Laundry is done, dishes are done, picked up all the mess around the house...just want to get some organizing done!! I will just have to wait until wakes up...in about an hour. :dizzy:

James has an interview today. Making more than his driving job. Still night shift, but it would be 4 days on and 3 off, then 3 on and 4 off. How good is that? He's still waiting to hear from the Railroad though. We might here something either this week or next. I keep crossing my fingers. :crossed:

As for me....hmm....being pretty lazy. Debating on going in and getting my hair trimmed. Actually more of a thinning of the layers. It's a bit too poofy for me. I don't really want to look like a clown on my "big" day!! :lol: Although that would make for some interesting pictures. I'm trying to let it grow out...but it's driving me crazy! I hate the in between stages. How in the world do I style it when I have no styling sense!!! :shrug:

Ok....I think I'll actually throw on a pair of jeans instead of shuffling around in my sweats and slippers. Time to make myself presentable.....

How are all you ladies doing today??

Marti

I think I may change my advatar soon....I look tired in that picture....but I can never figure out how to put in a new photo!! Wake up James....I need assistance!! :D

RAR
03-16-2004, 03:11 PM
Hello everyone hope that you are having a great day well Ohio is getting hit hard by snow!!!!!!!!! so been out most of theday shoveling as hubby has a bad back so he wont have to do as much just hope my back doesnt go out on me LOL so I figure that is my exercise for the day thanks to all who sent the cards it made my day will be in on it the next timewell better do some laundry like everyone else seems to be doing Rita

FrouFrou
03-16-2004, 03:20 PM
Hiya Ladies~:wave:

Jana~:thanks: oh, yes I do love the feeling of elation-it is a wonderful feeling. I was afraid to get ont he scales because it is or should be the week of TOM and normally the week before I gain a couple of pounds which could possibly explain the gain last week-completely forgot about that. :doh: But with the way TOM has been it may be a no show. OUCH! A herniated labia-egads! At least she knows now that it is not cancer. That must be a load off her shoulders. Enjoy playing with your grandbabies today. :)

Susan~Again I know how ya feel. Dating can get very complicated. I always felt like something was wrong with me-the reason guys didn't want to go out with me. But discovered it wasn't me but them. It had more to do with a ready made family and their ex'es, among other things, of course some of them were just jerks period. It is just really hard. But I know you will find that special one, and maybe Alex is it. Real Estate is a good field to get into, you can basically make your own hours.

Kat~WTG on the inches & body fat lost. :bravo: Keeping my fingers :crossed: that you make your goal of being under 200 by May-graduation.

Marti~that is such a sweet story about you and James, aaaaawwww. :love: I do think that people know when they meet "the one"-you just know in your heart when you look into their eyes. And what a supportive ex, that is cool. My friend is just in a mess with the ex and I don't think either see the damage it can do and does to the kids. Glad the finals went fine. Glad you get to spend some time with your brother.

Angie~hope you are liking your first day of work. Let us know how things went.

Kayecee~how did the trip to the dentist go?

Hi Katie, Rita & Shanna :)

Well, I got on a little later than usual today, had some errands to run. Took some shoes back to the mall for Vince-they have been sitting here for almost three months. Then went to Hallmark and the scrapbook store. I shop at Hallmark so much I get certificates all the time and of course have to spend them. :D Of course this one was just $3-hmmm slacking off there as they are usually $5-15. Didn't do any damage at scrapbook store, just needed to find a sheet of stickers to finish off a page. I need to to Michaels tomorrow and find an Easter Wreath for the door, or stuff to make one. Glad it is over by Wal-Mart-grocery shopping tomorrow. They just opened this new store Feb 28 and I haven't gone in yet. I am sure it is the same as the old Michaels just bigger. Okay, I need to get busy and send my angel e-cards. I was caught up until today, so will do about 5 or 6 days today, possibly more. Take care ladies. :grouphug: :)

fropvd
03-16-2004, 05:28 PM
Jana,

I've always disliked the numbered threads, even way back when we first renamed ourselves. Can we at least change the thread title to something like "General Chatter-March 04"? The original title wasn't meant to be offensive, just playful.

I saw a nutritionist today and she suggested that one reason I'm stalled in terms of the pounds is that I almost never eat breakfast and that I may not (at 1700 cal) be eating enough, causing my body to hold onto every last ounce like my life depended upon it. Its worth a shot, so I actually ate breakfast today. Now I'm off to the gym with my kiddo.

Jane
03-16-2004, 06:58 PM
Hi Ladies,

Marti - I look forward to your e-St. Paddy's day card! About the closet in the office, why not hang a curtain over it? You could get one of those 81" sheer types at Walmart for less than $10, and voila! no visible mess! Just a thought...

Susan - I am really proud of all the healthy choices you have been making lately, and that you are teaching them to your daughter. Bet she never has a weight problem. Hope you enjoyed your walk today.

Rita - we had very light snow but none of it stuck, thank goodness! I just love snow from November til early February, then I dread it, lol.

Cristi - are you talking about Hallmark Gold Crown point rewards? It's been a long time since they sent me any at all! I get mailings, but no reward $$. Why is that? It is so sweet of you to do the angel cards. Knowing that you went through the same thing probably really helps the women.

Kat - No problem with the joking around, we know what you meant, lol!! As for the date system instead of the numbers, I got a PM from a JL saying how much easier it is to keep up by using a number, and I agree. We don't always know the date but we can count, lol!! And we have to keep the threads reletively short for those of us who have slow servers. We could call it General Chatter # Whatever, if you want. How would that be as a compromise? Your nutritionist has a point - you may not be getting enough calories! I know that on WW they say to eat as much as you can, pointwise, and still lose, because then maintenance is so much easier.

I took fresh strawberries over to the grandkids. The girls were too little for them last year, because of the allergy risk, so they hadn't had any whole ones. I got some on sale at Walmart, and they knew what they were because of their Strawberry Shortcake stuff! (They ended up with stained lips, but not a drop got on their clothes.)

My back feels soooooo much better! I basically did nuthin' today and loved every minute of it!!

Jana

Mom2Gaby
03-16-2004, 09:46 PM
Good Evening,

My chance to have some adult conversation before I start working.

Wow, Cristi. You are a crafty lady ;) I drive by Michaels but never have ventured in. Today I drove into a JoANNs parking lot by mistake and saw some sewing kit advertised on sale. That is as close to crafts as I get....lol
I DO love Hallmark!!! Never have spent enough to receive discounts.
I think it does take a special kind of man to want to be with a lady that comes with a bulit in family.
Just to add about Alex. He does seem like a devoted father.He drives over 300 miles((round trip)) every other weekend to pick up his children.This last weekend he had them and today he went back to spend the day with his daughter in her school. I was kind of impressed with that and it was his ex wife that moved away- though he seems to be thinking what is an answer to all the travel.
Anyway, he has been on his own for 2 1/2 years.

Blah,blah........men.

I did spend some time in researching about real estate, excited about that!!

Oh, Jana...........I enjoyed my walk, thanks :)
I took Gaby to a Burgerville and ordered her chicken strips and apple.They had that in replacement to fries, thought that was really great. Gaby ate the apples first, she liked them a lot.

So,you got dressed Marti?? lol.......Rachel called me at 7:30 to come do her hair in a braid.So, I dragged my sorry arse outta bed and made it over there in 50 minutes, just in time to take her to school. She didn't care about the braid anymore. ....lol
Trying to get away from going over there every morning- exhausting.

Rita- Thanks for the Bio!! Hope you are having a great day.

How are you feeling today Kat? I don't really like breakfast but kind of have to force myself to eat something.
If it was a bagel I would be happy but trying to get away from that also.........life just ain't fun anymore.... :lol:

Had some yummy fish tonight with a tossed salad.

Ok........best get to work.

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: Hello to everyone

Marti
03-16-2004, 10:35 PM
Evening ladies--

Well yes...I did get dressed and I actually ventured into the public!! :D But let me tell you....I am having such a time with cramps today that it's doubling me over at times. Spent a lot of time on the couch trying to nurse them. Took some IB Profin and that didn't touch it. Oh well....part of being a woman I guess.

Went up to Eugene with James today...he had his interview and I had him drop me off at Walmart while he did that. Spent an hour walking around!! Turned in some film....boy....I don't like how I look!! I really need to get my putooty in gear and lose some weight!!

Does anyone here ever think how tiring it is to have to "watch" everything you eat?? I've been thinking that today. "gotta watch how much of this" or "how much of that" "is that good for me?" "should I be eating that?" It gets tiring!! And then you have all these diets out there trying to wheel you in...such as the Atkins diet and WW and so on.....not that they are bad...they do wonders for people.....but I'm thinking...Geez...how wonderful it would be to just NOT think about it and be healthy!! And be able to ENJOY what you put in your mouth!!
(can you tell it's that time of month?????) :lol:

Jana--I want to clear out the closet so I can make it into an area for my scrapbooking. Kind of make it my little office within our office!! That's my idea of coarse. But if I don't ever get through those boxes....I will be getting something to cover it all! :D

Susan--That's pretty nice to go to a place that will replace fries with an apple!! My daughter loves apples. She usually likes having melted peanut butter with it to dip the slices in. :T Good protein too. You're going to reach that weekend goal...I can just feel it.

Kat--Someone told me the same thing about breakfast before. I'm not sure who though.....while working at Sony...I ALWAYS made sure I ate breakfast before leaving...not only did it keep me from feeling like wasn't starving for lunch..but it kept my energy up through out the day. If I skip lunch or dinner...I don't feel as deprived. I need to make sure I start eating breakfast more....I kind of slacked off on that. :o

Cristi--I'm sorry to hear about your friend and her ex. I am very grateful that Thom and I have remained friends.....apparently a lot of his co-workers can't understand it...since I'M the one who left...but he (so he says) always let's them know...that I left for a good reason. Strange....

Rita--Be careful shoveling that snow!! Nothing like having back issues. Just the other day I spent an hour or so weeding around the house.....that night I thought my arms were going to fall off!! I think I need to use those muscles more often!!! :dizzy:

Katie, Kayecee, Shanna, Angie---hope you're all doing ok. Pop in and let us know how you're doing. Kathy...hope you decide to come back and join us. Skew...please join us here on the chitchat thread!!

Ok ladies...I'm going to nurse myself.....take some more Motrin...you all have a goodnight and I will yap with you all tomorrow.

Marti

Mom2Gaby
03-16-2004, 11:27 PM
Hi again,

Yes,Marti. It is a pain to watch everything I eat. Would love to just be *normal* and have never had a weight problem....lol

I don't mind though. It is kind of fun learning what is healthy, and trying new recipes. I would just look at it from an educational view.

Thinking you should have Burgerville down by you?? I thought Burgerville was a western state thing. I know they are based in Vancouver,Wa.
Was surprised to see slices of apples in lue (sp?......is it a word??lol)) of fries.Also, I wanted to add that their chicken strips weren't greasy.I went by the menu so fast because I was just ordering for Gaby but they do have lo carb items and different salads.

Anyway, better get back to work.

Hope the Motrin works :^:

luckycharm
03-17-2004, 12:29 AM
Hi everyone.

What a busy place this is. Thanks to you all for the welcome.

Just jumping in really quick just to say hi. I will try and stay a bit longer tomorrow.

Kathy

FrouFrou
03-17-2004, 12:37 AM
Hi ladies~

I am always up late but not usually on the computer this late. I didn't get to my cards earlier, well I did for todays but wanted to get further. I am up to April 15-tried going further but forgot you can only send cards up to 30 days in advance-bummer. I think I would have finished up the month of April. it was kind of funny seeing my email address on the list since I send the cards.

Jana~oh the ladies do appreciate so much that someone remembers them and their precious angels on their angels special day. So often a few months after losing a baby or a loved one, people don't mention the person and while it may seem that life goes on, which it does, the person who lost the loved one never forgets and some have a really hard time dealing with such a loss. I think it is especially hard when you lose a baby. For some it is not only one but several. So it is nothing for me to send a card to let them know I am thinking of them-it really does make their day. Glad your back is better. Yes, Jana it is the Gold Crown point rewards. You might want to go online and check out your account and see what is up because if you have bought cards you are getting points and should be getting the rewards. Not sure how many points you need to actually get the rewards-I think it tells online. I check mine once in a while especially when I know I buy a lot of cards. I buy cards and send to sick kids also. Have you heard of Make a Child Smile. They feature three kids each month who are sick. I send cards to the kids, sometimes little gifts, one of the reasons I get so many points-I do buy A LOT of cards. But I would check on your account.

Marti~oh yes girly, I DO feel that way. I get so tired of having to watch what goes into this mouth every minute of every day-that is why I am having such a hard time losing. I do fine and then slip back into my old habits. I like WW because as they say "It is not a diet, but a way of living" I try to keep that in mind. The word diet to me seems like just a temporary fix and to make anything work it has to be a change of lifestyle. That is what I am trying to get in my head and make it stick. I do hope James gets the job-keeping my fingers :crossed: and sending some :goodluck: I too look forward to your e-card. Okay, just so you don't think I copied you I also sent St. Patricks Day e-cards. I thought I would do something different and did this a while back while on the site I send my other cards. They have daily cards, and the holiday cards up early-these were so cute I couldn't resist. :)

Susan~That is cool that hamburger place replaces fries with apples, and that Gaby loves the apples. Never heard of Burgerville. I am really not so crafty, I get by when I have to-if I can make a wreath anyone can believe me. I just really have to be in a mood for crafts, even scrapbooking. Glad you and Gaby enjoyed your walk. I didn't get one in today but will tomorrow for sure. By the end of the week it is supposed to get up to 70!

Rita~sorry to hear about the snow. And here I thought winter was over. be careful shoveling, you don't want to hurt your back.

Kat~I am always telling my kids breakfast is the most important meal of the day. I always eat breakfast but never used to and now they are the same way. I hope that is the cause of your plateau and you see a loss of weight this week. :crossed: Hey, General Chatter is not a bad name for the thread, but the March 04 I don't know about because then it would still have to be numbered since we start a new thread when we hit 50 posts. Even though I am kind of partial to Chit Chat # __. ;) JMHO

Kathy~where are ya lady??

Katie~a very HAPPY 4th ANNIVERSARY to you and Tim! Here's to many more years of happiness. :cheers: :hat: :lucky: :)

Hi to everyone else. :wave:

Well, it is getting late ladies and I am feeling a little sleepy. :tired: :yawn: I am going to go ahead and wish EVERYONE a
:) :) :) HAPPY ST. PATRICKS DAY!! :) :) :)
I have errands tomorrow and don't know when I will be back. So have a good day ladies and don't forget to wear green! ;)

FrouFrou
03-17-2004, 12:47 AM
Hiya Kathy!!! :wave: I see you posted as I was writing that book. This does get to be a busy place at times. I find myself having a hard time to keep up with everyone sometimes. But it is a fun place to be and the ladies are GREAT!!! :) Take care and hope to hear from ya tomorrow. Nighty-night :yawn:

da fat n da furious
03-17-2004, 01:27 AM
Good evening ladies...
its late I should be in bed but need to fill you in on my first day.
It went great. I work in a call centre with a few other women. Theres alot to learn about beer...*sigh
Rehearsal was good...
Marti, I loved your story...very sweet. Motrin is great for cramps and bleeding... And yes I hate watching every morsal that goes into my mouth.

Susan, your such a good mommy. And Alex will be a lucky man if things progress farther....

Jana, good to hear your back off your back...lol mmm Strawberries...yum!

Cristi, like you Im up late but usually watching tv. Tonight Im doing laundry and checking emails.

Kat, YAY!!! I wish I was you right now!

Ok I need sleep,,,

Im sorry I didn't get my green cards out...Ill send out Easter cards hows that?

Angie

Marti
03-17-2004, 01:38 AM
Note to Kayecee----

Did you change your e-mail on us or is it so full that you can't receive anything....just worried because I sent you an e-card and everything before that has Poster failure (or whatever the message reads) I don't want you to think I left you out!!

SO......if you ever get back online :dizzy: let me (and the others) know.

Marti

Jane
03-17-2004, 08:11 AM
:lucky:Happy St. Patrick's Day, Ladies!!:lucky:

Katie - thank you for the card, and Happy Anniversary to you! Hope you have a great day.

Cristi - awww, the ecard is so cute with the puppy!! Thanks for that! I never thought about checking my Hallmark account on-line. Thanks for the tip.

Marti - thanks to you, too, for the ecard! Very cute!! Yes, sometimes I have a feeling of... well, sadness, that I won't ever be able to just pig out again. But instead of thinking that I lost a "friend" (because I did use food as comfort, like a friend), I tell myself that I am the one in control now. And when I can take only a small portion of something, I put another small portion in the fridge for lunch the next day. That's my way of getting seconds, lol. Hey, I gotta do what works, right??

Susan - Alex sounds like a good father and I can't blame him for trying to do something to avoid the long drive. I could only wish that fast food places in Indiana would offer an apple! As you know, I take an orange with me to avoid fries! It is also an effective air freshener in the restaurants, lol.

Kathy - glad you stopped back in. Send me a PM w/your addy when you are comfortable with doing that, and I'll put you on the list of people I send cards to. Don't forget to fill out a bio if/when you want...

Angie - I thought about you a lot yesterday, wondering how your first day was going. But I figured with your personality, it was probably going just fine. Glad to know it was!!

Hi also to Rita, Kat, Kayecee and anyone I may have forgotten!

Well, the salmon recipe was not that great. :no:.... but Neal and Katie are good sports to be my guinea pigs, lol.

Today I'm going to court again.... :judge: ....not for myself this time, but as support for a friend who is trying to get custody of a 13 y/o child. The mother is a druggie who shouldn't have a dog, let alone a child, but it will still be sad. And I want to stop by the hospital to see the friend who had a hysterectomy yesterday. Yikes, :yikes: all my un-cyber friends seem to be having troubles!

BBL,
Jana

Marti
03-17-2004, 09:25 AM
:lucky: :) Happy St. Patricks Day!!! :):lucky:

fropvd
03-17-2004, 10:47 AM
Well, I had an appropriate breakfast today...a wedge of irish soda bread with butter spray instead of real butter, a bit of milk for the protein, and a cup of tea. :)

I hope it works because I felt like I was piling on the pounds by eating at 9am. *sigh* I normally only eat twice a day...once around 1 or 2, and then a late dinner between 7 and 8. Now I have to head out to the "Senior Salute" at Norwich--in essence a one stop shopping checkout for graduation...its when they get my contact addresses so they can track me down to shale me down for loan money, order caps and gowns etc. I'm only going to order a cap and academic hood though, since I'm using my beautiful cotton choir robe instead of their cheese polyester gown. If they don't like it, tough noogies! I don't have money to waste and I do use my choir gown all the time, so why not just wear it? :D At any rate, I'm going to scoot because I also have to shovel out the car before I'll be going anywhere.

Mom2Gaby
03-17-2004, 12:54 PM
Good Morning,

and

Happy St Patricks Day!!

Curious about the court thing you are involved with Jana. Any thoughts on what I could do to get Gabys dad to give up parental rights? Just a thought that went through my head. He certainly doesn't pay child suppport. My mom thought I could go after his social security?
Anyway, he has been involved with crank since he was 17, now 48.Haven't had much contact with him in a year and look to keep it that way....lol

VERY sweet that you brighten childrens worlds, Cristi. Have you ever thought of stamping??

Along with everyone else, nice to have you posting Kathy! I haven't been here long but the ladies here have been so welcoming, I am sure you will enjoy it.

Kat- Irish soda bread?? Kind of like sourdough? I never heard of it, just wondering what the taste is like? Hope you have a good day and that you shoveled out...lol Suppose to be nice here in Portland.

Thanks,Angie!!! Rachel & Rebecca give me a hard time. I never feel like a good mom with them.Gabrielle is different, I just feel like I am the mother that I want to be. The older ones give me a lot of guilt and make me feel like if I love them, I would buy them things all the time.
Glad you had a good first day on the job!! You are super whatever you do :)

Kayecee........we miss you!!

Happy Anniversary, Katie. Hope it is a wonderful day for you and your husband.

Shanna,,,,,,thinking of you!! Hope you are getting dressed for the day ((teasing)) :)......come post, might make you feel better. I know I would feel better hearing from you. :)

Rita & Marti.........enjoy the day!!!!! :)

I better go. I have to get my walk in. I bought curlers for my hair and tried them this morning, made a slight improvement.....need to keep working on it.
Have a meeting tonight at work . I am taking Thursday & Friday off !!! YAY.....going on a field trip with Rachel tomorrow. Need to figure where Gabster is going....opps.....lol

Drink you water!!!! :)

RAR
03-17-2004, 02:07 PM
HI! Everyone just wanted to wish you a Happy ST Patricks Day and hopeing the day will be agreat one for you well from all the shoveling my back doesnt hurt but oh the arms LOL Jana glad that your back is feeling better so have agreat day Rita

Katiecat
03-17-2004, 04:19 PM
Hullo ladies,

Thanks to everyone who sent St. Patrick's Day cards, email and snail mail, and thanks for the anniversary wishes too! Tim had to work today, but he popped home for lunch. As soon as he gets home tonight, we plan to head down to Old Sacramento for the St. Patrick's Day parade and festivities. There should be live music at several pubs and in front of the Delta King, a steam boat that was turned into a floating hotel/restaurant/theater. :)

I woke up with a migraine this morning :headache: No fun. I went back to sleep for a couple of hours and seem to have slept it off, but still kind of have a residual headache, bleah...

I am not getting as much done this week as I wanted to, but still plugging along. My hall bathroom is spotless, but I need to get back to work on those closets...not to mention the rest of this house...

Laundry calls! Talk to you soon...

Katie

FrouFrou
03-17-2004, 06:17 PM
Hi ladies~ :wave:

Jana~hope everything went well at court today and your friend who had the hysterectomy is fine.

Angie~glad your first day of work went well.

Marti~hope you are enjoying your spring break, wait you are on spring break right?? Or is that next week??

Susan~I have thought of stamping but it is very time consuming and can be costly. Have fun tomorrow on yor field trip with Rachel. Where ya guys going?

Katie~have a fun celebration tonight. :hat: Hope your headache is better.

Rita~I think you got a work-out with shoveling the snow.

Kathy~yes, do go to the bio thread and do a bio when you feel like, or if you feel like it. :) I completely forgot to mention that.

Kat~WTG on getting breakfast this morning.

Hi to Kayecee & Shanna.

A busy day today for me, now I have to catch up with the laundry. Didn't find an Easter Wreath at Michael's but I do like the new store. I will probably just make a spring/summer wreath in the next week or so, didn't feel like trying to figure out what I want to get/do as far as flowers & ribbon. I got up this morning not feeling so good, not sure why but the last few days I have felt kind of funky. I had to force myself to go buy groceries, half-way through the store I wanted to quit. I did get to feeling a little better as the day went on. Good enough to enjoy ths beautiful weather and went for a 1.5 mile walk, which made me feel a lot better. Anyway, it is almost time to start dinner. I will try to check back sometime this evening if possible. Take care ladies. :grouphug:

SqueakMouse
03-17-2004, 08:19 PM
HAPPY ST> PATRICKS DAY LADIES!!! :) :) :)

Thanks to all the ladies that sent me cards, it brightened my day to get them and a smile come over my face. I love getting mail and everyone was so nice to send me a card. I will get busy with the next holiday, everyone PM me their address and I can make sure I have everyone. I have some, but not others and I hate to leave everyone out. So, get on it Hee hee

I had a fun day with Marti. We chatted, scrapbooked and cried together trying to find a dress for her big day at the mall. We could not find anything, very frustrating and I HATE THOSE THREE WAY MIRRORS!!! I swear I hate to shop for clothes, because I am always bummed for the rest of the day, because I hate my body. So, I am going to have to be bummed alone tonight since my sweetie is going to a basketball game. Good thing we don't have a lot of liquer in the house, I need to relax.
Still no job, no prospects, no money. I am at my wits end. I am looking aorund my houes trying to figure out if I have anything to sell and get money for. I am that desperate.
On a happy note, it is getting warmer here and the though of getting out in the sunshine is exciting. I love warmer weather, but not too warm and I am afraid that it is going to be another Indian Summer here. It was almost unbareable last year. Of course, I am a true Oregonian. I whine about all the rain we get here, but yet I can't handle too much heat either. Am I ever happy??!!! :lol: :lol: Of course not, I am a woman!!!!

KAYECEE: Where are you?? You always get all over my Mac Truck sized Butt for not being on here more and lately you are no where to be found?? I also can't send you anything on your personal e-mail address either. Are you afraid of all of us and blocking your address. Well... I Never!!! ;)
Well, hello to everyone else, nature calls and and so does my scrapbook.
Later Gators

Marti
03-17-2004, 09:12 PM
Hello girls--

Yep.....Shanna & I cried during out dress fittings. Boy it sucks looking for clothes!! I need to find something. I'm going to look for something again tomorrow....after my last final. Just not sure where to go!!

Ross had some pretty dresses...I just don't have the body for any of them!! It really put in perspective how out of shape I am!!

BooHoo......

I'll BBL.....I'm going to go sniffle while plopping my fat butt on the couch!!
(hmmmm.....no wonder I'm not losing weight!)

Marti

fropvd
03-17-2004, 11:17 PM
Trying on wedding dresses is always discouraging because of their ridiculous sizing. If you normally wear a size 6 (very tiny) the corresponding wedding gown size is like a 10 or so...translate that up when you wear a size 22 or 24 in street clothes and its terribly demoralizing to be told you need a 30 or so. Sheesh...lets add to the stress of planning a wedding right? I'm sure you will find the perfect dress nonetheless though!

Mom2Gaby
03-18-2004, 12:42 AM
Evening,

Hope you are having a nice anniversary,Katie :cool:

I am going to OMSI with Rachel, Cristi.
Oregon Museum Science ?? whats the I for??
I was told I have to dress *cool* and basically pretend I am not her muther.
lol
WhatEVER, I am going to goo goo over her and make her turn :devil: red.

I am headed home. Alex said he would call after 10pm. The only problem with that is I get goofy/silly and probably will sound like I am drunk or visited Angie at work....lol
Anyway,this will only be our 2nd telephone conversation, so look forward to chatting with him :o :o

I get Thursday & Friday off!! Yahooooooo, need a night to just hang with the girls.

TTYall later :)

Jane
03-18-2004, 05:22 AM
Hi ladies,

Kat - I had Irish soda bread once at a book club meeting. We were discussing "Angela's Ashes" by Frank McCourt - a very good true Irish memoir. Wearing your choir robe sounds fine to me! You have to be getting very excited about graduation!

Susan - I think the "I" would stand for Institute, probably. Enjoy your days off, especially the field trip. How'd the conversation go with Alex last night? I keep forgetting to answer your question - peanut butter is 5 points per 2 tablespoons, which is considered a serving, but I eat only 1 tablespoon at a time for breakfast which is 2.5 points.

Rita - hope your arms are better today.

Katie - awwww, your anniversay evening sounds like so much fun! We want details!

Cristi - hope you are better today and not getting sick! Have you ever made fabric wreaths? I used to sell them in my craft shop, and they are so pretty.

Shanna - hiya, young lady!! Long time, no see!! I am so glad you and Marti have each other and that you are helping her with the wedding. 3-way mirrors are ruthless and should be outlawed, lol.

Marti - :crossed: good luck finding a dress. I wore pink when I married Neal - a dressy dress with a frothy overlay, and a pink flower in my hair. I've still got the dress and if I ever get all this weight off, I'm going to wear it when I'm out with him somewhere fancy.

Court was sad. Even though the best place for the child is with my friend, and she did get continued custody, the girl cried and cried. She told the judge she wanted to stay away from her mother because the mom lives with a violent man, but the child was still torn up about the decision. The good news is, the mom has apparently been drug-free for awhile, and has been granted unlimited visits with her daughter. The child sees a therapist weekly, thank goodness.

I have been up since 3:30 and can't get back to sleep. I hate when that happens!!

The weather is supposed to be warmer and sunny today so maybe I'll get a chance to soak up some of that. :D

Jana

Mom2Gaby
03-18-2004, 11:02 AM
Good Morning Jana!!!

Seems like we are the early birds!

You are right about *I* standing for institute. I was unsure how to spell it so played dumb.........lol. We are going to learn more about Egypt and watch a 3-D movie. I get 5 pre teens to watch, oh joy.
I passed the *dress cool* requirement. Just wearing my denim capri's and a pink shirt.
I have my hair in curlers. Rach asked how I was going to wear it and I just said like it was- curleres and all..........hahaha

I had a fried egg/slice of wheat bread for breakfast. I might take a shake for lunch.

Alex?? The conversation went good. He asked at the start of the conversation when I usually go to bed and I said 11. So at the appointed hour he said " I should let you get some sleep".
I kind of wanted to talk longer but thought that was sweet. I still tossed and turned for another 30 mintues.
Anyway, he is a dream, love his Spanish accent. Kind of puts you in LaLa land. He talked about his family and we talked tamales, about our kids.
It was just nice overall, feel very comfortble with him.Also, he carries the conversation and doesn't just grunt "cool"...........lol

Need to go take these curlers out!! Rach said to pull it back in a barrett or a ponytail.........I said back "excuse me?? what am I going to do with my curls??" lol

Gotta go!!! You all have a good day!!

Thanks for the peanut butter info :)

SqueakMouse
03-18-2004, 11:41 AM
I thought I would pop in real quick before I have to get ready for my monthly trip up to Portland. Yep, that's right Susan, I am coming after you. LOL :D

I am getting kind of tired of the 3 and a half hour round trip drive every month. If I had someone to go with me, it wouldn't make the trip such a chore, but as it is now with no one, I am sick and tired of it. I wish the place I had to go to was closer. Especially when I am dirt broke and have to pay for the gas to get up there ( which isn't alot since I get 55 miles to the gallon) and money for the appointment. AAAGHHH It seems like all my bills, etc. Are coming on me at the time when I don't have any extra mulla. I think it may be a conspiracy or something.Hmmmmmm

Susan: Hope you have a great time at Omsi. I have only been there a couple of times. Mostly it was to see the IMAX movie. I love those, even though I always get sick. You would think I would learn. Last time I went, I said it was the last time, because I almost had to leave and go get sick. They don't let you back in though. So I closed my eyes, put my head between my legs and prayed I would get my equilibrium back. I never get motion sickness expect at that darn IMAX theater. Which sucks because the movies are so spectacular. Wow, I am using a lot of big words here. You guys are going to start thinking I am smart or something. I can't have that!!! :lol:

Jana: I so agree with the three way mirrors. I also think they need to have extra air conditioning in there too. All those hot lights in the dressing rooms make me get all sweaty and uncomfortable, which is a feeling you don't want to have when you are trying on clothes. It is bad enough with the mirrors and the tears. :-)

Well, to all the rest, I hope your Thursday goes by well and you don't work to hard. To Kayecee: Get you :censored: over here!!! Don't make me send the coon hounds after ya!!!! Unless of course you are getting you picture ready to post in the photos thread, then finish that AND then get your posting done. You don't want me to shame you for being on here more than you... DO YA????? :devil: :flame: :yikes: :sumo: :rollpin:

To everyone else see ya real soon and God bless your little pea-picking hearts!!!!! :balloons: :grouphug: :flow2: :cb: :flow1: :flow1:

FrouFrou
03-18-2004, 01:28 PM
Shanna & Marti~I feel ya. I dislike trying clothes on at the stores and unless I absolutely need something to wear like the day after shopping I won't. I buy it and wait till I get home to try it on. I have been pretty lucky about not having to take too much back, and it is usually just because I don't like the way it looks on me. Anyway, I hope you guys have better luck next shopping trip.

Marti~only a few days left til the big day. :) Are you getting excited, anxious or nervous? I hope you find the perfect outfit/dress. :crossed:

Shanna~I must ask, how do you pronounce your name? Is it like Shay-na or is it like Shan-na like Shannon?? I only ask because when I talk about you ladies (all good-don'tworry) I say both because I am not sure. Have a safe trip to Portland today.

Jana~I too wore a pink dress with a froth overlay. I need to get something to store it in so I can keep it forever. Didn't want your typical wedding dress since we were getting married at home, would have been too fancy. Sorry about your friend and the day in court. I swear I will never understand the court system, or actually the judges. Some of the things they do are just :crazy: I haven't tried making a fabric wreath Jana. But I had a Christmas one that I loved and had for years. It had a solid red back and kind of like a patchwork christmasy print on the front-hmmm, something to think about. :chin:

Susan~have a fun day at the musuem. Kids are funny aren't they?? Dress cool and don't act like you are the mother?? Too funny :lol: Well, I am glad you passed the dress *cool* test. ;) :lol: I love the IMAX theaters even though they make me dizzy/sick to my stomach. I saw a movie about rollercoasters and half the time I couldn't look at the screen because it's like you are there and rollercoasters scare me to death! :yikes: But they (IMAX) are pretty cool. Refresh my memory please, how old is Rachel & Rebecca?

Kat~I thought of you yesterday while in Michael's looking for a wreath. I came upon a pink flamingo with lights around it!! :)

My day hasn't been the best so far, want to go back to bed and start over. I am not an early bird. I will get up if I have to, otherwise 8 is good for me. I tried to get my oil changed yesterday at Wal-mart, thought I would kill two birds with one stone-you know have that done while I shopped for groceries. Didn't work-was told the minimum would be 1 1/2 wait just till they could get to me. Well, I had shopping to do but it wouldn't take that long. So, I thought hmmm, I will get up early and be there when they open at 7 am, no problem. WRONG!! I get there, there are two cars already there and an old man creeping along inside-no one else in sight. I go inside and wait and the guy says the minimum is a 2 hour wait!! Someone called in sick and he had only one guy-the old man. Well, what about him and another guy that was on the phone?? Then another guy walked in as we were leaving. I left again and just went to QuickLube. What would have taken 15 minutes there because no one was there, took about 30, which still isn't bad because they found 2 nails in my tire. Had to fix that and will have to get a new tire because that is the same tire I had a flat on not too long ago before we moved when they graded the roads, or is it grated?? :dunno: Can't think this morning, actually afternoon now. I couldn't remember how to spell my last name this morning when the guy asked. :dizzy: So on this almost new tire I now have three patches. Also, while at QuickLube they said I needed a new air filter, now I know when I took the car to the Ford dealership they supposedly changed that??? If they were supposed to and didn't they will be hearing from me because the guy showed it to me and it is filthy. There is no way a filter can get that filthy in just 3 months time. So that is how my day is going. I figure if I don't go anywhere else today it can't get any worse, can it??!! :dunno: :shrug: :) Of course Jason had a flat the other day and because of where the nail went in he had to buy a new tire. I am afraid until they finish all the houses around we may be running over more. They started on the second house in the cul-de-sac and will probably put in 4 or 5 across the street, maybe 3 or 4-not sure since I am surprised they are squeezing two at the end of the street. Those houses hardly have a front or back yard and the drive way will be almost touching the neighbors. Yikes! Too close for me. We kind of got in on a curve, which the whole street is and so the yards between ours and the neighbors are spaced out pretty good, and of course there is no one behind us. Anyway, on a brighter note, Vince went and had our taxes done and we will get a few $$$ back, which couldn't come at a better time, with all we need and want to do to the house. I got my laundry done early this morning, and the sun is shining. :sunny: Okay, now that I vented...:D

Take care all and have a wonderful day! :) :sunny:

Mom2Gaby
03-18-2004, 04:49 PM
Hey again,

Curious why you have to make a trip to Portland so often , Shanna? So you are coming after me?? lol Hope you have a safe trip.

Rachel & Rebecca are 12 ((13 in Aug)) and 11((12 in January))

I felt kind of sick in the movie.It is like you are flying through the air. I didn't throw up or nothing. Though some kids didn't want to go in. It was on the Mysteries of Egypt.........and I survived!! Yahoooo
Though I drove with Rachel there and she wanted my hair pulled back with a clip and kept trying to turn my head. I said " Rachel!!! The road doesn't go that way.........stop it!!"....
I also said in the gift shop when she wanted to take off up stairs. "I am coming with you" ,Rachel :"it's ok, we'll be right back"........Me: "no, I love you Rachel, I am coming with" This girl name Kiki goes "we love you Rachel".....which got all the girls laughing. Anyway, kind of my revenge....

Oh, ya Jana,,,,,,,,,the *I* is for Indusrty...........who would have thought?? I can spell that.....lol

Had Minestrone soup for lunch, that was yummy :)

Now, off for a dental with Rebecca,,,,,,,,

TTYL :)

Marti
03-18-2004, 07:28 PM
Burr.......it's cold outside! The wind has been blowing like crazy all day. I'm hoping to see the sun for Spring Break!!!

Well, my last final was today so I am officially on my Spring Break!! Whoo Hoo!! :D

Cristi--Yep,,,I'm getting excited about next week!! :cb: James got approved for time off so that's nice. :cp: I'm going dress shopping tomorrow before Jhanai gets out of school. Now.....to figure out where to go that will have something that I think looks good!!

Jana--I am a little confused...is your friend the mother or father? :chin: When ever there are drugs involved...I always feel terrible for the child. I hope all works out in the end.

Susan--Sounds like you had a good time with your daughter...even though she wanted to be more "independant". Why must they grow up so fast?? :( I'm always trying to get my hair done and no matter how it looks...Jhanai is telling it's fine!! (this includes when I just wake up!) Is she really looking at me?? :lol:

Shanna--Hey girl....if I didn't have a final today I would have kept you company on your way to Portland! I hope you had a safe trip! The wind was taking control of my car on the way to school!! :yikes:

Kat--Yes...dresses are a pain to find. But...I'm not looking for a traditional wedding dress. I'm looking for a "Springy" :flow1: or "Summery" :sunny: dress. Something I can where again. Since I'm not having a formal wedding I thought it was appropriate.

Katie--I hope your headache stayed away for your evening out with your husband. Not fun trying to celebrate an anniversary when you're not feeling good. :no: Did you get something special? I hope it was a wonderful day for you.

Angie--How is work going for you? I hope it's going fine. At least your not a beer drinker so your not tempted. I'm not a beer drinker either...unless I've drank too much of something else....and after that...people may want to stay clear from me because I just keep on talkin it's almost ridiculous!! I just open up and never shut up. :blah: :blah: (I guess that's kind of like I am here isn't it? oops! :o )

Rita--How are the arms today?? I can only imagine how they must've felt! Just weeding my yard gave me some torture!! :cry:

Hey girls....you know what I just found??? The little click here button at the bottom for when I want to scroll down and see what was all said. I had no idea you could see the whole thread!! The things I learn.

Well...I need to clean up my kitchen and then spend some time relaxing. I'm feeling tired. I'd take a nap but it's almost 4:30. Getting to late for naps.

Kayecee--Hope to hear from you soon. You are on Spring Break so you must be doing something fun with your family. Come back and let us know what you did.

Take care ladies--

Marti

Jane
03-18-2004, 09:04 PM
Hi Ladies!!

Susan - so glad you had a nice field trip with Rachel, and that you were "cool", lol! I also like a Spanish accent, but you know who really, really likes one? Kayecee does - go back and read her bio and pay attention to what she says about Antonio Bandares! Keep Alex out of Arkansas and away from that vixen! LOL!!

Shanna - inquiring minds want to know - why the heck do you go to Portland all the time???? I love the IMAX theatre, but have to go all the way to Indy to see a show at one. I get car-sick but have never got sick at IMAX.

Cristi - awww.... I hope your day got better! (((hugs)))) to you! I agree that the air filter shouldn't be dirty yet! It is so cool that you also wore a pink frothy dress! Neal and I got married outdoors, and it was very informal. Glad you are getting $$$ back from Uncle Sam.

Marti - my friend is a "sort of" grandma to the child in question. Her son married the child's mom when the child was very small, (he wasn't the daddy) and although the marriage didn't last long, my friend has always been a big part of the girl's life. Oh sweetie - I am so glad you found the scroll! I just hate to go to message boards where they don't have that feature after being spoiled here.

Carree - if you're reading this, get in here and chat with us!! These ladies will give you plenty to smile about. :D

I've had a good day - the twins and I put out some huge Easter eggs in some colored grass. They had an absolute ball with that, carrying the stuff from the shed and setting it all up inside a small fenced area. They had the eggs all over the place, dropping them so many times I lost count, lol.

I have unintentionally been doing the Wendy program this week! First higher points, then lower points all week, without meaning to. Even though I write things down, sometimes I don't get to eat it all. For example, yesterday, I was in the courtroom from right after lunch til dinner time, so I missed my snack. And Monday, I had less points for breakfast and I didn't feel as hungry at dinner, so I skipped my frozen yogurt, so I had more points the next day. Anyway, I am looking forward to weigh in Saturday morning.

TTFN,
Jana

SqueakMouse
03-18-2004, 09:34 PM
Boy I am making up today for not being on here as much as all you chatty kathies!!! :-)

Cristi: You pronounce my name kind of like banana. That was my nickname growing up. When I was born, my grandpa said Shanna Banana from Texarcana. It kind of stuck. Along with all my other nicknames, like Squeak. So just say banana and shanna kind of rhymes with it. But it isn't shanana. hee eee. Hopefully you understand what i am trying to say, it is hard to do this over the computer and make it understandable.

To Jana, Susan and all those other inquiring minds, I go up to Portland every four to five weeks for a medical thing. Very costly, time consuming and frankly i am getting tired of doing it, but Unless I can find something else to help me, that is all I can do. I have been going every month for about three years now. It might not be so tiring if the place was closer. For a while there I was getting too tired when I drove that i was afraid I was going to fall asleep at the wheel. I guess it was because I was so tired of doing it and it was so routine that I got tired. Not very safe though when it is such a long drive and I am by myself all the time. Lately though, it has not been too bad.
Marti: The drive was not fun because it was so windy. My arms hurt so bad when I got home because I had to work so hard to keep my poor little car straight. Plus for some stretches is was raining so hard that I couldn't even see. I don't drive well in the rain or the dark and this was a hurricane almost. But I am home now, in one piece this time around.

Anywho... I think I have talked enough today to last a lifetime. :-) Hello to everyone and hope to see you all ( on the computer of course) tomorrow.
Later gators

da fat n da furious
03-18-2004, 11:44 PM
Hey everyone
Work is going well...had a good laugh today...me being in the beer industry I have made as many cracks about it as I can....
I have been trying to get some of the girls from Penningtons to come and work there,,,more money and better hours.
Ive done the IMAX and never felt sick once. I get sick on rides thou...*shudder not a good thing at all. Did the swings at the fair one year...spent the next 2 hours laying under a tree...and as green as the grass I was on. Susan its harsh, when kids are like that....Brandon is like that...and Im like WHAT? his friends seem cool with me around but Brandon acts like Ive done something wrong...geesh.
I wore the full wedding gown,,,train and veil. I made the bridesmaid dresses,,,blue sheaths with big puffy sleaves. For Arden's wedding to Heather I made their dresses too,,,purple fitted slip type dresses, with chiffon scarves...
Marti, you will find the dress. As for your hair,,,what did you want to do? Did you get it trimmed? If not,,,the day of, get it trimmed and get them to either style it up or soften it around your face.
Cristi, Im so excited about moving,,, our whole neighbourhood went throu the same thing about nails in tires...its the construction.
Well I need sleep....
100 bottles of beer on the wall, 100 bottles of beer....
Angie

Marti
03-19-2004, 02:12 AM
Angie Angie Angie----

Cracked me up with the signing off....."100 bottles of beer on the wall....." :lol: And the color "green" pops up in your post once again!! :D

As for my hair....nope, I didn't get a trim. Too scared to do that so close to the day. And my hair is too short to have it pulled up. So I think I'll just put on a big red nose and go as a clown!! :dizzy:

I'll try and see how it looks after I put it up in rollers this weekend. Give it a test run.... :p

Talked Shanna into going to the mall with me again tomorrow. I need company while I silently cry as I try dresses on.....I had to remind James that once I buy a dress....I'll need to buy shoes!! And then the accessories...and while I'm at it, I might as well get some scrapbooking stuff........nah...just kidding. Just a dress and some shoes.

Now girls...you who have had a Formal Wedding....how in the world did you do it??? This little thing we're having has me all stressed out. And I really don't know why?????

Ok....I had to take a break from cleaning my closet. It's more organized, but not by much. So I'm going to have to find a curtain to cover it up!!

Night all........

Marti

Jane
03-19-2004, 07:37 AM
Do not post here - go to # 37!