Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 03-15-2004, 03:40 PM   #1  

Default depressed household

I am doing south beach and doing fairly well. I guess my question is mostly depression related. My daughter and I both take Prozac for a chemical imbalance which causes depression. It helps alot, but the problem is my husband shows almost every symptom of depression and will not admit he has a problem. He is so negative and hard to live with. Does anybody have any ideas about how to convince him to get help, for his sake and mine? He thinks that is just the way he is and he does not have a problem. I have enough to deal with, my depression, my job, my girls.
emnickya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 07:56 PM   #2  
Divine Gal

As far as I know from experience in therapy and living with a BIL whom I think is also depressed.All you can do is make him aware of how it affects you and encourage him to see a dr. But you may want to try Family Therapy; if its affecting you that much.Good Luck and let us know.Maybe someone else can give you a better suggestion or help.Then again what I suggested may be the key...

*hugs*
lynnie
lynnie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 08:07 PM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Emnickya,

Lynnie is right, you can't force some one on meds who truly doesn't think they have a problem. Some people are ashamed to admit something is wrong (I was one of them). I finally hit rock bottom one year and thats when I went to see my doctor. Maybe if you can convince him there is no shame it might help ?

I wish you all the luck, and may God Bless you all.

Hugs, Leenie
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote