Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2004, 06:01 AM   #1  

Default Monday...Again! -- March 15

Hello ladies! Yep, that's right. It's Monday again. How does this happen so quickly?

I tamed the laundry beast yesterday, but I didn't do a whole lot of school work. Oh well, there's plenty of time for that!

Kat -- Glad you had a great weekend. Traveling with children...now there's an experience for you. Enjoy all this time alone with DH. Once the kidlets arrive, you'll find it hard to remember what you did before they got here! My husband and I were married four years before our first daughter was born and it's all a blur now. Not a bad thing necessarily, just something I didn't really expect.

Speaking of the surprising...my oldest daughter will be ten this week!!! Where is my baby?

I'm off to get ready for work. Gotta pack lunch, etc. and get there in time for bus duty. Ugh. Yesterday went well with SBD, but I did have a headache by the end of the day. Detox? Withdrawal? Nothing unbearable and I'm guessing that goes away in a few days maybe?

Y'all have a wonderful day today!

Hugs,
Christy
Old 03-15-2004, 07:18 AM   #2  
Countess Walks-on-Water

Hi everyone! As a SAHM, it doesn't matter much to me that it's Monday - same dirty diapers, different day. But it's rainy and icky after a beautiful weekend, so I could've guessed. I introduced myself in another thread, but I'll put a little here: I have a 3 year old girl and a 7 month old boy, and I've found that when the kids are screaming or I'm feeling overwhelmed, the only way I can cope is to put food in my mouth. I'm trying to break free of it and deal with what's really bothering me in a better way.

I haven't picked a particular diet - since I'm nursing, low-carb isn't an option (tried that once and lost my milk supply). I'm just going for balance and healthier choices. I've grown to enjoy exercise, since it's about the only thing I do for myself.

Well, Sarah should be awake by now, so I may check in again later. I look forward to getting to know all of you better!
Old 03-15-2004, 07:51 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Christy, the headache will last a couple of days. It's your body detoxing from sugar. It's a bad headache, but it WILL go away. Hang in there, hon.
10. Oh, my. Time flies, doesn't it. Never mind... a couple more years and she'll be able to "babysit" her sister, and you and DH can go out on little dates. Then you won't mind as much their growing up. DD is 14, but we don't like to leave them alone in the evenings yet, so DH and I just go on little dates together. Like having a coffee/bookstore date... going to the library... even grocery shopping! I'm babbling...
Please keep us posted on your sweet sister. You must be so worried about her.

Welcome, Tracy! It's so good to have you join us! That's great that you enjoy exercise. Have you figured out any rewards for yourself instead of eating? If so, please share them.

Kat, so glad you had a good time with DH! I hope your kids will be good travellers. You may have to drug them.

Chris, how was your roast?

Jennelle, Sarah, Angi, Katrina...

Must run... I'm off to the gym... love and hugs to all...
Old 03-15-2004, 10:44 AM   #4  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Tracy - I'm glad you noticed about the milk supply. I nursed my son for almost eight months (until he thought it was "funny" to bite!). I was so determined to get my figure back after my daughter that I started WW the day after I came home from the hospital. I was only able to nurse her for two months, and while I didn't regret it at the time, I really regret it now. I can't believe how selfish of a choice I made.

Everyone...I still haven't called my sponsor, but promise to once I'm done on the computer in ten or so minutes.

Jennelle
Old 03-15-2004, 10:54 AM   #5  
Countess Walks-on-Water

Hi Jennelle! There are so many other ways to mother our children besides nursing. Don't fault yourself. Personally, I just like it because it's easy and portable. No bottles, no mixing. More of a laziness issue, I think!

Well, I worked out. Now it's time restrain myself from eating all the calories I burned - I think I'll go read those OA steps. Perhaps I'll print them and put them on the pantry door.
Old 03-15-2004, 01:37 PM   #6  
Searching

Ok quick post I had to go to work today So I will be taking a few days off early this week

My roast and my family is wonderful. FYI: I have smaller boobs now, how weird is that? 40D Gee I am almost shrunk away to nothing

Tracy- Your so right we can find so many other ways besides nursing, but I loved it for the same reasons you mentioned. Um no up in the middle of the night bottles, no sterilizing, no formula spit up (the smell ) and no ear infections. I nursed my son till he was 6 months old and then like the minute I stopped he got an ear infection. I feel like Christy though my baby is 12 and wears bigger shoes than me

I know a woman who put literature in her cabinet so if she was doing the boredom looking in she would take out literature instead.

Jenelle- Have you called your sponsor yet? What about a F2F meeting during Spring Break?

Ellis is running off to the gym to be with the hottie trainer. Hand off he's married! GET A GREAT WORK OUT!

Christy- That sugar detox thing sucks expect to get moody and cranky and headaches. We are here for you girl! I just want you to adjust SB to the Christy's Beach for Life. Remember that thing we say all the time? "Take what you like and leave the rest" Something to think about.

I love you all!
Miss Chris
Old 03-15-2004, 02:15 PM   #7  

I was asking myself "What is Jennelle doing here at this time?" and then I suddenly remembered SPRING BREAK. Are you having fun, young lady? Did you call your sponsor? (A little friendly finger wagging here!)

Tracy -- Glad you joined us! We are a friendly bunch, if I say so myself. Your struggles sound so familiar. WTG on nursing your baby. I wanted to so badly with my oldest, but neither one of us could get the hang of it and help was in short supply around here. With my youngest, I didn't even try because I had to go back to work before she was even five weeks old.

Chris -- Yep, headache is here again, doesn't seem to be quite as intense as yesterday. Moody and cranky, too?!?! Sheesh, there's something to look forward to.

Congrats on your new bra size, but, um, I don't think you'll be reverting back to a training bra anytime soon! Speaking of bras, I want one of those new Victoria's Secret push-ups without pads. How the heck do those work?! I'm all for good bras. If the puppies are perky, I feel better.

Ellis -- You still haven't given us any info to work with regarding that trainer of yours. Height? Build? Dark hair or light? It's very hard to live vicariously through someone who won't dish!

Later,
Christy
Old 03-15-2004, 10:26 PM   #8  

Hi there...

It's been a good, normal day. I like those.

Christy: DH and I were talking about how life will be so different. We've been together for over 7 years now and have all ready gone through so many changes (college, moving 3000 miles away, living together, marriage, etc...). Got to love the wheel of life!

Tracy: It's great seeing you at the check in!

Jennelle: So how did the chat with your sponsor go?

Chris: My boobage is shrinking a bit too, which is fine with me (I am a 38DD). The girls seem to keep up with my ups and downs, helping me even out.

Ellis: Hmmmm, I'll look into some travel drugs.

I am making sweet potato chips for the first time. Wish me luck that they turn out OK.
Old 03-15-2004, 10:35 PM   #9  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Yes, I did call my sponsor. She gave me my first assignment for Step 4. I think it will take me about a month to finish.
Old 03-15-2004, 10:41 PM   #10  

That's awesome, Jennelle!!!!
Old 03-15-2004, 11:25 PM   #11  

Hi all! I had a delightful day with Elijah! And I got some work done too. It was just a good day.
Doing OK with my loosey goosey eating plan so far. I need something stricter soon, but not yet.
We are off to Dan's family's at the end of the week. Dan works on a Univ. campus and has some time off for Spring Break. This will be the first car trip with the baby. Ack!
I have been keeping up with everyone - just haven't found the time to post. Things were very hectic over the weekend.

Jennelle - congrats on calling your sponsor! Mine is on me almost everyday to do some BB writing - I am having a hard time finding the time for that.

Kat - what are sweet potato chips?

Elizabecca - I feel the SBD calling to me! I thumbed through a book at the bookstore - but am way to cheap to buy it. Someone at Dan's work tried it (and lasted one day) so we may be able to borrow her book.

Hi Tracy! Welcome! I am a mom too - a NEW one. . .Our boy is 9 months old and we adopted him almost 5 months ago. He is a joy!

Ellis, you may have explained this all sometime when I wasn't paying attention, but what kind of work-out do you do at the gym? I get NO exercise. (Except baby-lifting.)

Miss Chris, hugs to you! I have to say that I wish I had some sort of breast-plate armour - my large breasts are always in the way of Elijah's feet or elbows. Ouchy! Ouchy! He's starting nipple pinching too. Baby's learning the word, "NO!"
Old 03-15-2004, 11:32 PM   #12  

Angi: Sweet potato chips are thily sliced, lightly brushed with vegetable oil (2 teaspoons for a large sweet potato), and salted. Then baked at 400 degrees until crispy. They're yummy.

I did a decent job.
Old 03-15-2004, 11:36 PM   #13  

LOL! I wasn't thinking "sweet potato." I was thinking sweet. . . . Potato chips.
Closed Thread