Support Groups - Springtime In Cowville

View Full Version : Springtime In Cowville

Bagzz
03-13-2004, 10:09 AM
I DON'T KNOW WHY IT BUGS ME WHEN THE THREAD IS SO LONG------ :p :p :cool: :cool: :cool: SINCE IT IS APPROACHING SPRING!!!!!!I thought it would be nice to moooooooove------ANYway!!!--- i was thinking of trying to loose ten pounds and start excercising------anyone ever heard of such a thing??????? :^: :^: :^:

Kiwonk
03-13-2004, 05:15 PM
I'm with you, Bagzerini. I don't like it when the thread gets so long that you can't even see how many pages it is. And yes, ma'am, if you have any loose pounds, you should exorcize them :lol:

SPRING!!!!!!
That is soooooooo pretty!

It could almost be springlike around here, if you don't actually go outside, just look out a window -- the snow is receding and the sun's out. Of course, I went out and got whipped around by a frigid wind, and the temp is 26F(-3C), but we'll take what we can get, eh?

I'm eating a big chunk of Entenmann's Raspberry Danish. Is that on anyone's diet? I had a salad and Pasta Primavera last night when we went out to eat. It was drenched in Alfredo sauce, no doubt negating any advantage of having eaten all those veggies. I didn't eat the whole thing though, so I could have that for dinner. I ate all the rest of DH's Caesar Salad leftovers before I went to bed last night.... :o I think I'm irredeemably piggish.

However, I am also sore from my workout yesterday, plus for the week, I'm clocking in 2 short (1 mile) walks and 30 minutes of snowshoeing. Better than nothing. DH is going to be out of town most of next week, so I have no excuses for failing to continue the workouts. I can even tailor my cooking to DD and me, which usually results in eating less meat, and less food in general.

Yeah, that's right, I'm blaming DH for my being fat. Possibly a tad unfair :chin: but he does like fatty foods.

Kiwi

Bagzz
03-14-2004, 06:58 AM
WAY TO GO KEE WONNKERS!!! i think maybe we are on to something----the minimum amount of time we should "excercise" is three times per week---although most experts say six days a week with ONE day off---obviously SOME is better than NONE------COULD THIS LAZY BUNCH OF COWS {EXCEPT PAINTY WHO IS DEDICATED,AND FRAPPE WHO IS MEDICATED} GET OFF THEIR UDDERS AND DOOOOOOO SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AS OF NOW---WE ARE REQUIRED TO REPORT EXCERCISE THIS WEEKKKKKKKK------------THIS IS THE WEEKLY CHALLENGE AND I CHALLENGE YOU TO THE CHALLENGE.PERIOD.SPONGE.

SugP
03-14-2004, 11:02 AM
I suppose I COULD manage a half hour of Pilates today since I'm neither dedicated nor medicated, just sometimes a bit discombobulated. AND it's less than 4 months until we go on holiday and I SWEAR I don't want to look as crappy in this year's family video as I did last time. What a cow. Shoulders of a linebacker. Ugh.

What I did today: cleaned up under sink where yucky, yucky garbage can was hiding, washed ALL dishes, got a couple loads of laundry done (but not folded or put away because that would make me perfect), made oatmeal squares and ate too many, planted some cute cute cute little plants called spring snowflakes that look like snowdrops but aren't.

What I'm going to do later: make liver and onions for dinner and see if anyone besides dh eats it 'cause it was his idea, make sure everyone has a clean pair of socks for tomorrow (am I pitiful or what?), TRY to exercise.

See yas!

PainterWoman
03-14-2004, 11:44 AM
Does it count as pigging out if it's ATKING's Lo-Carb ice cream? ;)
I am stiff and sore this morning from the miniscule amount of exercise I had yesterday while planting geraniums etc. Egad. Knees, ankles and hips are protesting. Truly creaky.

I would appreciate sympathy hugs. I'm off to work on my taxes... I think DH got to cheap a version of TurboTax to really get maximum deductions for my self-employment. And the whole process makes my stomach queasy. I doubt I'll get the whole thing finished today. But maybe with some caffeine and occasional breaks (still have those petunias to transplant) I can make decent progress. :?:

Kiwonk
03-14-2004, 04:41 PM
Hey, good luck with TurboTax, Painty -- that's one of those things I glad cede to DH. Actually I cede anything to DH that he'll do. Why not? I've got enough on my plate, so to speak.. :eating2:

I'm with you Bagz, I think I'll change my sig to reflect my workouts. Obviously I'm not ever going to have to change those pounds, so I might as well find something that looks like progress. :workout:

Wow, Sugar, I'm impressed; you had a very productive day. Here's what I'm taking credit for today: While I was sleeping late, DH put his shirts (that I washed last night) in the dryer, did another load of wash, managed to put the towels that were in the dryer into a basket, dried all his stuff and dumped it on a chair in the living room :rolleyes:, then when I got up and announced that I am sick (I have a sore throat and some nasty congestive thing going on), he assigned DD to empty the dishwasher and hang up his shirts :lol: then he went to the store to get a few things for his trip. I'm a lady of leisure of today apparently. :cloud9:

I'm going to go change my sig. Ta

Kiwi

SugP
03-14-2004, 05:24 PM
Geez that Bagzie is a slave driver! Did 30 mins Pilates belly/butt/thighs and 30 mins upper body weights. Feeling slightly queasy. :p Good idea about recording workouts instead of weight, but how? Daily? Weekly? Inches lost? Please discuss.

Good luck on those awful taxes, Painty. Since I don't have a penny to my name, dh takes care of that kind of thing.

What did the dh come home with, Kiwi? A bottle of Jim Bean and three bags of Cheetos? :lol:

Kiwonk
03-14-2004, 05:34 PM
Yeah, we'll see -- he's not home yet, but that sounds about right!

How do you like my new sig?

Kiwi

PainterWoman
03-14-2004, 09:59 PM
The problem of having an egalitarian marriage is doing your own share of the taxes. Yuck. But I input the part of it that I have prepared... and DH is filling in his part... I must get the rest done soon. Doesn't look as bad as we first thought.... Mark Twain said we should be glad we didn't get as much "governing" as we pay for.... (can you imagine having John Ashcroft X 3? for example? But I sure wish that there wasn't a 17% penalty for being self-employed... Or maybe I should have been more grateful when I had an employer who paid that part of the bill. sigh.

I am pooped. Emotionally drained. Dehydrated.
Maybe I'll go to bed. It's only 9 pm.... didn't even get up early.

the journal entries are getting testy. WAY too much meddling in people's business. I may have to swear off.

Kiwi-- I like your sig. Hope you're feeling better quick.

Sug... if I can find a cheap flight, I'd be glad to fly you here to clean under our sinks. Bravo for you and a big gold star.

SugP
03-15-2004, 04:09 AM
I am watching Larry King Live. Suzanne Somers is on and she's going to talk about sex. :dz: She looks fabulous. I didn't know she had breast cancer, poor thing.

Walked for 30 mins this morning and now I need some :coffee: before I tip over.

I like the sig Kiwonk! Now you just have to explain it to me! :cb:

Suzanne S just said: "Enjoy each day, don't take anything for granted and be nice to people." Discuss.

Bagzz
03-15-2004, 06:28 AM
Sugar darling---i saw Suzanne on Larry and I thought she looked all puffed up on Botox and Collagen----i am not a big fan of her and all her SOMER products----she talks like she invented BIOIDENTICALS and is a SHAMELESS promoter of her unlimited "SOMER-things"-------------------After Larry King,she was on "The View" blathering and refused to get off the topic of her latest SELL------------------THERE----DO I SOUND BITTER OR WHAT???????????????????????????????????????? :D :D :D I feel bad about the cancer and agree with her advice but SHE DRIVES ME-------------------------WHACKO!!!!!! AFTER COMING HERE TO boss people about i felt it necessary to hit the treadmill -----SO I AM REGISTERING A THIRTY MINUTE STINT from last night------Sugar is showing off with her PILATES and WEIGHTS,so i will see about some sort of EXTRA effort this week!!!!the brother is getting married at my house on Friday night,the musical is next week,my step dd's arrive for a week ----------all happening within days and my kitchen is still being painted---------------kiwi and painty---- i let dh do the taxes as i don't earn any money so WHY should I??????? i do enough unpaid labour to deserve the break from all that!!!! :o :o IT IS SNOWING OUT,SO EXCUSE ME WHILE I SHOVEL THE DRIVEWAY AND SCRAPE OFF THE CARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR DAMN THIS NORTHERN ****.

Lohani
03-15-2004, 06:42 AM
Sugar, we shared a moment. I was watching Suzanne in the weeeeeeee hours..and it turns out that though it wasn't so weeeee for you, you were watching it too....I'm moved.

As you see, I'm keeping Sugar's schedule so I've been up all night. I ate an msg rich dinner.

I like the sig, too. Maybe I'll do that too. It is a good idea to keep track of exercise...since I'm too ashamed of what I ate this weekend to keep track of that. I should put it all on Fitday no matter what..but I don't. SO...I will walk today. I have a half-hour between when I get out of work and when dd is finished with play...I'll park the car at her school and walk around that neighborhood.
Painty, aren't taxes a drag???????? I do the prep on ours...we go to an acct but there's a lot of searching that goes on beforehand because things are a tad disorganized. We're getting a nice refund this year..but I'm still not voting for that psychopath.
Bagzie, I hate when the thread is long, too. Remember when we used to start anew every day?????????? Now we're the other extreme.
I must go wake 2 children and force the third out of the shower.
L

Berrypie
03-15-2004, 11:25 AM
Today's workout: I got out of bed and checked my emails and read the latest posts here. Now I'm going back to bed. This fighting infection thing is getting old!
It was exhausting to read all the housework/taxes/childcare/exercise y'all are doing. All I do is sleep.

Wabby
03-15-2004, 01:08 PM
Sweet dreams, Frappe. I hope you get better real soon. This is such a bummer. Go in for a simple gall bladderectomy and end up really sick. Poor thing.

Exercising is my weakest area. I will try, I really will. I have my walking shoes in my car, along w/ my discman and walking cd. I will try to get a half hour in on my lunch break. I resisted going to breakfast today, and also resisted the Mickie D's drive thru and egg mcmuffins. I should get some points for that.

Today is my baby boy's 21st birthday!!! Whaaaa! This means I really am old.

I'm neutral on Suzanne Sommers. Don't love her, don't hate her.

Filing extension for corp. taxes, I'm sure I'll file extension for personal taxes. I'm a champion procrastinator.

I'm exhausted. I worked in the yard all weekend like a field hand, and I've barely scratched the surface of all the work that needs to be done. I wheel barrowed and dug in a pick up load of compost/cow manure mix. I planted and weeded and fertilized and pruned. I have muscles I forgot existed. I hurt all over. I also went to bunco Saturday nite, and shopping w/ DH on Sunday evening for DS's birthday gift. I also bought me a new swimsuit. I'm so glad that dreaded task is over for the spring. Hate those d*mn 3 way mirrors. That should keep me on a diet. It was really nice to fit in a suit w/ out boobies overflowing and underflowing and busting out all over. :o

Bagzz
03-15-2004, 04:13 PM
WABBY HAS A SWIMSUIT!!!----- ----no matter HOW much i may want to take a dip in the pool----it will have to be in shorts and a tee shirt----that ship has long sailed----i am full of admiration for all those who would don a suit----INTENDING TO DO TREADMILL AGAIN TONIGHT--------------- I NEED REPORTS ABOUT THOSE WHO USED TO WALK THE DUCK HUDDA POND!!!!------FRAPPE DARLING------REST UP REAL GOOD---WHEN YOU ARE DONE YOU WILL BE THIN AND WE WILL PUT YOU ON AN EXCERCISE PLAN!!!!!

Kiwonk
03-15-2004, 04:43 PM
Wabbit, you definitely exercised all weekend! :yes: I mostly slept. I can't believe your DS is 21 :yikes: You are now the proud owner of adult children! :lol:

Thanks Painty for well-wishes. I don't feel horribly sick, just sick enough not to want to do much... :s:

Sugar, here's what I'm doing with my sig. If I remember to keep it up, and don't get so embarrassed at not doing what I said I'd do. I'm keeping track for 90 days, because that's the program length of my exercise DVDs. Each day I do something I'll replace the day # with :strong: for weights session or :jig: for aerobic exer. or :tread: for walking, or something like that, and each day I don't get any exercise, I'll fill in a :faint: , just because I like that one. I'll tally the weeks so it doesn't get too long. Aren't you glad you asked?

I read one of Suzanne Sommers' books. About dieting. It was okay. I just can't take her perkiness.

Good job on the exercise routine, Frappe ;) Keep getting better :crossed:

Bagz, I can't believe all the stuff you are doing, it would freak me out totally. But then, your house is really cool for a wedding and I'm sure you are getting all kinds of help (right?). I mean, someone's :mcd: catering it, right? You're not going to spend the reception on the back deck :chef: grilling mass quantities of meat or anything? :lol: It will be lovely, I'm sure! We'll be waiting for pictures...

Hi LushieLo. I do the same thing--take walks around the neighborhood while waiting for DD. It's horribly boring, but you gotta do something, eh?

Where the heck is Cowperch? She's not allowed to just go off without asking.

Gotta go try to earn a :strong:

And suddenly a :) appeared in the smilies box!
Kiwi

Wabby
03-15-2004, 05:41 PM
Well give me a :faint: for today. I had to stay in the office today to wait for the alarm guy to show up, no walk for me. Someone broke a plate window out of our shop this weekend. The alarm, which had 4 false alarms last year and one already this year, didn't go off. No one took anything, I think it was probably just kids having fun by chucking rocks thru storefront windows, nothing was stolen.

Probably not going to exercise any this evening. We're taking DS and some of his friends out for dinner. Italian. Last night we went out for mexican. I'm just going to blow up here any day.

I bought a swimsuit. Doesn't mean I'll wear it in public without some kind of sarong thingie covering up the chub.

Cowpernia
03-15-2004, 10:13 PM
May I ask this litttttle thing????!?!?!??? When someone starts a new thread, could they be BOTHERED to say at the end of the OLD THREAD ..... "a new thread has been started." REally! How rude of you all.

Kiwonk
03-16-2004, 02:00 AM
:lol: That'll happen :lol3:

I wonder how many calories you can burn by rolling on the floor laughing? Might be worth a try. Jim Carrey was on David Letterman tonight and he was definitely :rofl: funny.

Did I mention that I am DH-less this week? What should I do with my free time? Actually it's more a matter of free space: bed space, available TV remote, one less person to trip over in the morning, smaller dinner menu. I wouldn't say that DH is more work than DD, but I wouldn't say less either. Tonight I decided that whatever I made for dinner was going to be something that would cook while I did my workout tape. So I made chicken and mushrooms cooked in rice pilaf, plus frozen peas for DD and raw red peppers for me. It turned out pretty well.

Kiwi

SugP
03-16-2004, 04:13 AM
I'm *supposed* to be preparing to tutor a high school kid this afternoon but instead I'm making a chocolate marble loaf (no marbles!) because baking is much more fun than working, right?

Ah! Now I get the workout progress thing. Maybe I should do something like that. My new motto is "eat what you want within limits, but DO something every day". Probably won't work. I have a swimsuit that looks sort of half ok but I'll know I'll be wearin' it with shorts when the time comes. An indiscrete question for you "older" cows: once the boobs start to head down hill, do they keep going for ever and ever until they're down around yer knees, or do they stop some time? I'm getting worried. Should never had those darn kids, I guess. ONLY KIDDING. Ha ha.

GET WELL SOON to everyone who's feeling crappy. Pink light all around (I like that, Painty! Works for me).

I'm also very neutral on Suzanne. Just hadn't seen her for a long time and thought she looked good, but you're right, Bagzie - it was the botox and collagen and a ton of makeup look. I liked it when Larry asked her if people didn't need SOME sugar and she was totally stumped. You could see the wheels in her tiny brain grinding away. I'm also sort of wondering in the back of my mind if her special diet thingy - high fat and all that, contributed to her getting cancer. Good thing she beat it, though. Oh well. She's rich, we're not. So what. :D

Bagzz
03-16-2004, 06:36 AM
hey shuga shuga!!!! honey honey!!! you are my CANDY gurrrrrrrrlllllllllllllllllllllll!!!!!!BOY did i love that song!!!!---yesterday i meant to get to the mill but i had a walk outdoors instead---not as strenuous as the mill,but like you said!!!----DO SOMETHING!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: today i have to find someone to cut my hair----i am SO tired of the way it's been cut-----either i look like a dyke or an old granny----not that there's anything wrong with it!!!!ahahahahah---wish me luck!!!!got a new dishwasher for the repainted kitchen------maytag TALLTUB------can't wait to hook her up and watch her go.CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT THE DISHWASHER IS MY BIRTHDAY PRESENT!!!!! :hat: :hat: :hat:

Cowpernia
03-16-2004, 07:34 AM
Happy birthday ,,,, sweeeeeet Litttttttttttttttle teeeeeeeeeensy Bagggzzzzzzzzzzzzie.

Kiwonk
03-16-2004, 05:31 PM
I happen to know it's not Bagzie's birthday yet. So far this month the only birthday I've missed is my nephew's 30th. It's 2 more days until I miss Bagz'. I should know; I'm an expert on missing birthdays.

I really did exercise yesterday, but boy do I feel crappy today -- not from that, just cramps. Blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Sheesh, I thought DH being gone was going to free up some time? Yeah right -- he wants to me to find out what's wrong with his truck. He has the truck with him and it's making some flashing code thing. I suppose I should have just told him to call a garage and ask them, but y'know, I hate to be rude...

Ich. Cramps. You'd think there would be an expiration date on those or something.

Kiwi

Wabby
03-16-2004, 06:44 PM
Happy Birthday Dear Bagzie, Happy Birthday to Youuuuuuuu!!!!! Anyway, happy birthday in a couple days, per Kiwi. A dishwasher is a wonderful present if you need one. I washed dishes by hand for at least 6 mos. when we were remodeling. What drudgery. Bleeh.

DH is picking up 2 more scoops of compost/steer manure blend for me. He's always showering me with fancy gifts.

Yeah, Kiwi, your cramps should be retiring soon. You can graduate to hot flashes.

Lohani
03-16-2004, 06:55 PM
Sugar, there doesn't seem to be a bottom on this boob thing.I guess that when you look like two fried eggs have spilled over your apron gut, they'll be finished.
Kiwi, I love when my DH is away. I stay up real late and do whatever the h*ll I please. Of course, I could do that when he is here, but I'd have to explain myself. I think that is what I like best...not having to explain myself.
Peaches, Kiwi sent all of us a message saying we should sneak over here before you saw us....we've been talking about you the whole time.
Happy Birthday you old BAGHag. A dishwasher is a FINE present..because it doesn't count so you can go buy yourself whatever you want....Are you older than I, yet????????????????????
gotta go be productive. bye

PainterWoman
03-17-2004, 02:55 AM
Happy Birthday :queen: :hb: to all for whom that is appropriate...
to the rest: HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY :) :) :) .... and watch out for the green beer!!

Sympathies, Wabby for 21 year old baby. My "baby" is now 22... he's as aimless as he was at 16... even if he's graduating with a degree in 6 weeks. egad. I surely do hope he finds something to do besides enlist.... even though that would do him oceans of good in the backbone department, I hate that they are not letting anybody OUT these days... Almost worse than the draft 30 years ago. Grrrrrrrr. (I am not succeeding at maintaining enlightened buddha detachment... can you tell? :fr:

Taxes are almost done. DH still loves me. Must find car expenses worksheet from last year so I can crib numbers for this year.

DH is going to a seminar in California and I get to go with him. :cb: :dancer: :hyper: I think I won't need a bathing suit. :crossed: but maybe some of my T-shirts and shorts will fit OK by then... I must get into training for major walking.

Night y'all. Gotta go promote myself in the early am so people pay me so I can pay taxes next year. :dizzy:

Cowpernia
03-17-2004, 07:53 AM
another disappeared post.

as I was saying. I do not not post because Lushe makes me paranoid. It is, instead, because I am dull.

Yesterday:
* I overate at lunch
* Returned a library book late
* Attended a school board meeting wherein they discussed the upcoming school calendar
* Did not yet know the list button at 3FC had been removed
* Found, once again, my boss' dad standing in my office staring at a map on the wall
* Wrote about No Child Left Behind. Isn't that a crock of s**t.!

That's about it.

Love,

Peaches.

Bagzz
03-17-2004, 01:44 PM
you are right kiwonkers----birthday is tomorrow---will be FORTY SEVEN---gross----will spend day cleaning and decorating for wedding-------------and arrival of three steppers---------LOVE THE DISHWASHER-----VERY QUIET---USING ALL THREEE RACKS!!!! IMAGINE---THREE STORIES HIGH MY TALL TUBBY IS!!!!!!!!THANK YOU ALL FOR THE B DAY GREETINGS!!! XOXOXOXOXOXOXO COWARSE

Kiwonk
03-17-2004, 03:31 PM
:) :lucky: :) :lucky: :) :lucky: :)

Yeah, Kiwi, your cramps should be retiring soon. You can graduate to hot flashes.Oh thank you, that is a relief. :rolleyes:

Peaches, Kiwi sent all of us a message saying we should sneak over here before you saw us....we've been talking about you the whole time. HEY! DID NOT DID NOT

as I was saying. I do not not post because Lushe makes me paranoid. It is, instead, because I am dull.

* Did not yet know the list button at 3FC had been removed
Are you implying that I shouldn't post when my life is dull? Come on, Peaches, you know I would never get to post anything at all. I mean, I don't even have a boss's dad. The most interesting thing that's happened to me today is I got an email from DH's old girlfriend. :lol:

Anyway, about the list button -- do you mean the buddy list? You can still get that if you go under Quick Links/Open Buddy List. It's not as convenient as it used to be -- it's a popup window, but it's there.

Bagz, it looks like your new dishwasher arrived just in the nick of time! Good luck to you this week. Hope you get to enjoy your birthday in the midst of all the mayhem!

Seriously, you notice I have nothing whatever to say but to reply to what you say? Dullsville. It is sunny out today, maybe I'll go see if there is any snow left in the woods to snowshoe in. We still have 3-4 foot snowbanks in our yard, but bare patches are increasing. We didn't get any of that snowstorm -- how about you, Lush?

Kiwi, Queen of Boresville

Cowpernia
03-17-2004, 07:01 PM
I meant the 1,2,3 list and the A,B,C list and *,*,* list.

I will come back. tomorrow is OUR DAY OFF... YOURS ANDMINE

Kiwonk
03-18-2004, 12:09 AM
While I was posting, locked up and started bringing up duplicate error messages. oy. Must've been cuz I was busy proving Cowpea wrong about those lists.

WHAT I DID TODAY by Kiwi

Wasted the morning
Exercised!!
Made killer pressure cooker beef stew
Got a cappuchino and fries at :mcd: while waiting for DD :nono:
Started reading a scathing anti-Bush Molly Ivins book :soap:
Warshed my hair

Woiks for me.

Tomorrow is (in addition to being our day off) the last day for me to get all that cleaning and decluttering done that I was going to do while DH was out of town. :lol3: He gets home tomorrow night. I'm sure he'll be impressed. :dz:

Friday we are going to southern Maine overnight so that we can watch DD's (high school) jazz band compete in the state competition. We are staying in an oceanfront motel with, reportedly, an indoor pool. That would sound really good in, oh, say June. I'll be bringing my polarfleece.

I have a narsty headache. I swallowed varigated pain relievers though, so it's getting a little better. I've gotta go back to the doctor and get some more of those good drugs.

Kiwi

SugP
03-18-2004, 02:30 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BAGZIELICIOUS!!
:flow1: :hat: :flow1: :hat: :flow1:

Did I get the right day? I REALLY don't appreciate it when I try to look for the date that someone posted and all it says is "Yesterday" or "Today". How are the chronologically challenged supposed to deal with that??

Didn't exercise Tuesday or Wednesday but WILL WILL WILL today, just because it's Peaches day off and I don't want her to see my loose pounds.

Thanks for the boob input, Lushy. How depressing. Gravity sucks.

Lohani
03-18-2004, 06:48 AM
Happy
Birthday
Bagzie!!!!!!!!!

Have a Margie and forget the obvious implications of this event.

Cowpernia
03-18-2004, 07:59 AM
Kiwi, what's new with DH's old gf?

Cowpernia
03-18-2004, 08:03 AM
Happy Birthday sweet little teensy tinsy Bagzie Wagzie!!!!

PainterWoman
03-18-2004, 09:48 AM
And many happy returns, too, Baggz :hb: :joker: :hb: :joker:

Here I thought I'd be on early, and on a THURSDAY, no less, but you've all been here earlier. I have the whole day to myself... And what have I told myself I'd do? Exercise! :p My tummy's upset just thinking about it. I'll go do that then see about a bit more gardening. Then see what sort of day y'all are having.

Hope everyone has many victories!

Wabby
03-18-2004, 12:14 PM
[/SIZE][/FONT]Happy 47th birthday, Bagzie!!!! What do you mean 47 is gross???? I wish I was turning 47 instead of 48. I have less than one month left to be a youthful 47, then it's the old age home for me. Anyway, no whining! Enjoy your day!!!! :hat: :hb: :cb:

Kiwi, I'm the opposite of you. I blather on and on all about me. And I really have nothing to say, but I don't let that stop me. Sorry you have a hurtin' noggin. Don't you hate to spend the $$$$$ on the expensive migraine pills? I hate how much money it costs just to keep me ticking every month.

I wasn't here yesterday to wish you all a happy St. Patty's Day!!!! :lucky: Hope nobody overdid with the green beer! I took yesterday off and worked in the yard and on my mountain of laundry. Now it's a hill of laundry.

Still stalling on the exercise and diet. I'm sitting here finishing off a box of white cheddar Cheez-its. Bad Wabbit.

Lush, that fried egg visual is giving me nightmares.

Painty, gardening is exercise. Come over to my house and dig some manure into the beds. I'll show you exercise.

Wabby
03-18-2004, 12:15 PM
Oooooo. Wasn't that font color terrible???

PainterWoman
03-18-2004, 01:05 PM
:tread: :workout: :strong:
So when do I shrink to a 24 inch waist? :rofl: :crossed:
That'll happen when I've lost 50% of my present weight I think.:yikes::yikes:
Clean kitchen. worked out. now dehydrated and probably hungry. Will go DRINK :lol: and then move rose, ferns, etc. then a snack and then a jaunt outside. It is gorgeous here.

And then perhaps to grocery store... where else, right? Maybe I'll check the fridge first... it would be good to AVOID the grocery store... all the easter candy is already here. :devil: :devil: BAD little bunny bringing chocolate.

Thanks for the manure offer, Wabby... maybe next time. :lol:

SugP
03-19-2004, 04:40 AM
Reporting in with 30 mins on the elliptical machine. Go me! Not doing that great on the exercise but doing even worse on the eating. Having a kind of wine gums/marshmallow/peanut butter kind of week. Guests coming tomorrow. Need to make cake and NOT eat it all today. Wish me luck.

Wabby
03-19-2004, 11:46 AM
Sugar! you go girl!!!!! I've been terrible in both exercise and eating depts. Have been having sugar/chocolate cravings, and have behaved like a slug all week. I've got some shoveling plans for the weekend, though, so maybe that will count as a leetle bit of exercise.

week one for the weak one---- how cute! :lol:

Kiwonk
03-19-2004, 01:53 PM
But the good news is, I'm still working on something for you.... :balloons:

Kiwi, what's new with DH's old gf?
We're getting together with her in NYC :cofdate: And yes, probably with my old bf too. :lol: Maybe we could go on a double date...

So Sugar, what are wine gums? Way2go on the exercise, Sugar and Painty -- I wish I could bump my motivation up too, but at least some is a lot better than none! My tummy is sore from crunches. ick.

Going out of town today to watch Dd's jazz band. :wave:

Kiwi

Bagzz
03-20-2004, 12:55 AM
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my gawd you guysssssssss------------- i just finished washing all the wine glasses by haaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnddddddd---thank god that wedding is over,----dh is at the airport picking up the steppers-------------------what an exhaausting week----THANK you so much for all the sweet messages from yesterday---at least all the confusion kept me from thinking about FORTY SEVEN.ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ------it's almost two am----gotta lay down-------------- I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!! XOXOXOXOXOXO COW ARSE PS====Didn't our peachers just ROCK!!!!!!

Kiwonk
03-21-2004, 02:52 PM
Glad it went well, Bagz. Hope the girls are pitching in to help clean up. I am dying of migraine here. Took my last migraine pill today and no longer feel like my head is going to blow up, but I feel like utter **** anyway. Had a lovely hour-long fight with DH in the car last night on the way home and got up this morning to find him "cleaning up" my mess in a corner of the kitchen, where, yes I keep a godawful mess. I could kill him but I don't have the energy. I made him stop, he's watching tv now. I'm sure this was the point; so he could feel superior when I objected to him "cleaning" my stuff. Maybe I'll just leave it at that. He can feel superior and I can be a *****. That'll work.

k.

SugP
03-22-2004, 01:38 AM
Had a lovely hour-long fight with DH in the car last night on the way home and got up this morning to find him "cleaning up" my mess in a corner of the kitchen, where, yes I keep a godawful mess. I could kill him but I don't have the energy.

Oh Geez! Been there, done that many, many, many times. Just what you need when you have a migraine. Looks like some men have lost their copies of "How Not to Make Your Wife Furious", eh? NOBODY touches MY godawful mess in the corner of the kitchen without serious penalty. :mad: Hope the migraine is gone by now you poor thing.

Seriously considering exercising when I get off this thing. Threw away about a million mateless socks last night (Cherry! Do it, it's wonderful!!) and I feel such a new sense of freedom. :lol:

Cowpernia
03-22-2004, 08:34 AM
I had company for dinner last night. My friend, her dh and her mom. While she was in the shower, her dh called to ask if he'd mess everything up if he was 15 minutes late. She came with her mom. He showed up about an hour late drunk. I think he's drunk a lot. Before he'd come into the house (we were finished eating), he walked around the yard and picked up bits of trash.

Ds in on spring break this week. I didn't realize that til last week.

last week, also, he had a meeting with some school person who is supposed to make sure he's meeting his graduation requirements. Since he's getting a diploma and an AA at the same time, it's more confusing so they hire someone I guess. The meeting was a struggle. She told him

He doesn't need any more math
He can take easy science instead of hard science
He doesn't need to take speech (MY request)
He needs to go immediately, see a college counsellor and sign up for a course of study

I went right to work (I was present if I didn't say that), called the guidance counsellor to make sure all that occured was ok. He redid the list she'd made and said ds doesn't need to see the college counsellor for another year. I know the woman was doing her job but her job seems to be working with average students looking for a easy way to get graduated. DS is a hard working kid who expects to take math every semester he's in school and hard science and two years of Spanish (boo!) and she was working against all that. End of tirade.

Wabby
03-22-2004, 11:51 AM
Peachez, what about the idea that DS is doing so well in school because he likes math and science? Why do education experts encourage mediocrity? Take a smart kid who likes to learn and bore them with easy classes? Grrrrr. Tirade over. Glad he's doing so well. You deserve to be proud of him. You've done a good job.

Poor Kiwi. I feel your pain. Doesn't DH know fighting with a migraine impaired wife is just absolutely not allowed? Wives with migraines need quiet and dark and tip toeing around. DH's who ignore this rule get cut off. Hope you're feeling better soon.

I worked my fingers to the bone this weekend. I will whip my garden into shape this year, or it will whip me. I'll keep you posted on who wins.

Bagzie, really, 47's not bad. It's the big 5-0 looming on the horizon that's scaring me. :eek: Congrats on surviving the wedding. Pictures soon?

PainterWoman
03-22-2004, 12:30 PM
Cowpers-- I understand your frustration with school counseling functionaries. So many schools just seem understaffed and/or uncaring. All anybody wants to do it improve their OWN stats... i.e., keep kids from dropping out, make things easy... rather than really improve the fit between kid and course of study or between kid and instructor.

Hope things improve....and that he has a great, restorative spring break.
For that matter, I wish I'd had one!

Kiwonk
03-22-2004, 04:27 PM
That's what I need to do: throw something away! It should be big (no, I'm not really thinking of DH :lol: ). I'm certainly not going to get my exercising in this afternoon like I was planning to: DD brought home a friend and they're being silly in the living room at the moment. Pretty soon it will be too late to bother, so I think I'll give up the idea. Throwing something away, though, that I can do.

After DH got thrown out of the kitchen ;) yesterday, he went up and cleaned out "his half" of the bedroom: entirely! He cleaned out his side of the closet, top to bottom, vacuumed the whole place, threw away a bunch of his stuff, moved some boxes out. Spent the whole afternoon there (of course it would have taken me 3 weeks probably, if I'd tackled it). I went up there to get some clothes and I asked him if he was pregnant. I don't think he was amused... Oh well, apparently he's one of those people who clean when they're mad. Too bad I don't :lol:

Peaches, that guy wasn't just picking up trash, he was trying to evaporate some of the alcohol before he came in. :rolleyes: "Do you mind if I skip dinner and get bombed instead?" "Why no, why should I mind?" :lol3:

I know just what you're talking about with the idiot school person, Peach. That's the kind of school I went to. They had so much on their hands just trying to get kids to graduate and not get arrested that when I asked for college counseling (not having a clue what I wanted to do with my life), the school counselor's response was a bright "your record is excellent; you can go anywhere you want" Duh. I feel very fortunate with DD that her school has a few people who see kids like her and feel they must scramble to provide her with the most challenging program they can come up with. Not that we haven't pushed: we push every year, but they are amenable to it. The one time DD heard the "take this course, it'll be easy" spiel, we made it clear that that wasn't acceptable and she had shown herself perfectly capable of doing the maximum. I hope you don't have to keep fighting the same fight every year for DS, how frustrating!

:blah: Anyway, good luck.

Oh well, enough blather. I have to go throw something out...

Kiwi

Lohani
03-22-2004, 05:13 PM
After DH got thrown out of the kitchen ;)

Kiwi...Why didn't you let him do it????

Peaches, that guy wasn't just picking up trash, he was trying to evaporate some of the alcohol before he came in. :
Kiwi
He wasn't trying to evaporate some alcohol...he was going tinkle.

I'm so cranky.

Wabby
03-22-2004, 05:27 PM
Lush, You're cranky??? Come back here and tell us all about it. I thought I was the only one who is a total b*tch today. I don't like my life. Not today, anyway and not for any big reason, just because.

Kiwonk
03-22-2004, 06:27 PM
Kiwi...Why didn't you let him do it????

Are you kidding me? The guy who threw out the dog's bed (back when we had the dog) because it was dirty? The guy who threw out his favorite pair of pants and had to buy another pair? The guy who throws away mail with money in it? I don't think so.

Yeah, I'm cranky too. Must be the vernal equinox. We're all kind of verny.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
03-22-2004, 11:10 PM
I came to read. I readed. Good night.

SugP
03-23-2004, 01:16 AM
Yeah! I'm plenty cranky, Let's all be cranky together!

Cowpernia
03-23-2004, 07:59 AM
Yes, Evil Genius, we will be CRAANNNNNKY!!!

Kiwonk
03-23-2004, 03:29 PM
Evil Genius!!!
I'm stealing your color. Funny, I always thought alabama would be more this color

I'm not cranky today. I cleaned off my dryer yesterday. Aren't you proud of me? I took a picture. I'm sending it to my Mom :lol:

I have to go exercise; I don't want to keep putting :faint: in my sig everyday, it's discouraging.

Would anybody be willing to get 36 free books if I made it an email letter instead of a snail mail letter? All you'd have to do is send it to 6 people via email and mail one book. Please say yes. :bb: If no one here will, I'm going to System Goddess and make them do it. :devil:

Kiwi

Wabby
03-23-2004, 03:30 PM
Today is another day, Scarlet - I'm feeling better. I think I've been nasty bad mean is because I have been outta control on my eating, not exercising, being undisciplined at work and at home. I've decided to give myself 10 weeks to be vigilant in controling my eating, and exercise 6x's a week. At the end of that time I should be at the weight I want to be and maybe I'll feel better. I can do anything for 10 weeks. And I know all about how this is a lifestyle change, blah, blah, blah, but sometimes I can't think that far ahead.

I had my boobie ultrasounded today - a recheck of a suspicious area from 6 mos. ago. Anyhow, all is well and the ultrasound tech told me that she had had a breast reduction too, and also a tummy tuck after having 12 children and losing 82 pounds. We were so busy comparing surgery stories I forgot to ask how she lost all the weight. Anyway, I was thoroughly impressed. She is 62 and looked mah-velous. 12 children. I can't even imagine.

Kiwi, my DH is a toss-it-out guy too. He usually leaves my stuff alone, though. Lucky for him. How did you keep your dog from chewing on his bed? Our golden retriever gets bored and starts to munch. He's on the 2nd bed in the last 12 months.

SugP
03-23-2004, 04:11 PM
Today is another day, Scarlet - I'm feeling better. I think I've been nasty bad mean is because I have been outta control on my eating, not exercising, being undisciplined at work and at home.

I think you've hit the nail on the head, Wabby. Other than throwing out those socks I haven't done a things in days, haven't exercised, haven't watched what I've been eating. I WILL exercise 4 times this week. I will I will I will (Colour=MarthaStewart. I must say I expected something more exciting.)

Kiwonk
03-23-2004, 05:20 PM
How did you keep your dog from chewing on his bed? Our golden retriever gets bored and starts to munch. He's on the 2nd bed in the last 12 months.
My dog only chewed on things she shouldn't when she was nervous, which was pretty much all the time she was in the car. At home, she only chewed on her chew toys. I can name the 2 things that she chewed on in 16 years that weren't hers to chew on, and they were both when she was young. I did find that in the car, if she didn't have something to ravage, she would start on the seat belts, the doors, the seats, anything, because the car drove her nuts. One time we were going on vacation and took the pickup because the car wouldn't hold all the stuff. We put Molly in her crate packed securely in the back of the pickup. She had a folded cotton blanket to lie on. By the time we got to the place we were staying, the blanket was literally nothing but a nest of strings (soggy, wet strings). After that, she always needed something to chew on, and I made dozens of wonderful braided sock toys out of cotton baby socks for her. When she died, I still had a few (still do) and sent one to one of my favorite doggie friends (who moved to Oregon with those friends of ours) and it is now her very favorite dog toy. I need to send her another one. And while I'm at it.... :gift:

So glad to hear your boobies are doing fine. I need to get mine squooshed, I've been neglecting that. A friend of ours who had breast cancer and just finished chemo a few weeks ago, is in the hospital with an unidentified infection. Scary. She is the mother of one of DD's best friends. :crossed:

Well, I just finished my weights workout and I'm pooped.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
03-23-2004, 06:08 PM
Kiwi, let's look at this closely:

* are you wanting to send the six emails to us cows because we're the people you know online best?

* if so, do you realize you're the people I know online best?

* therefore, can I send them back to you? Can we all send them to each other over and over?

Just when I was getting grumpy, everybody else stopped. What is that about? Hrumph.

Wabby
03-23-2004, 06:57 PM
Kiwi, our golden retreiver is my only chewer. The other dog would never. He finds something he likes the smell of, starts to lick it, then ooooops!!! before he knows it, he's chewed a hole in it. So he will chew his bed, and an occasional shoe. He's also chewed holes in a tv blanket that one of the kids must have spilled something tasty on. He always has such a remorseful look on his face that I can't get too mad at him. DH says he's just like Lenny in "Of Mice and Men". His light bulb is a little dim, but he's so lovable you just can't help but love him.

SugP
03-24-2004, 02:31 AM
Just finished my Pilates tape with cute instructor who hasn't gotten on my nerves yet. Challenged my core and focused on my powerhouse. Still flabby. Now I need to shower and go do the library gig.

Three more days of school and it's Easter holidays. AND dh has Monday to Wednesday off next week. That's really going to throw a monkey wrench into my schedule, eh?

Wabby
03-24-2004, 12:38 PM
Sug, that's my problem! I haven't been challenging my core lately and I don't think I even have a powerhouse anymore!!!!! I didn't exercise yesterday, but I did get my nails done. That counts for something doesn't it? I behaved perfectly food-wise, drank my water and took my vitamins.

SugP
03-24-2004, 12:59 PM
Go Wabby! If we can't be thin, we can at least be well-groomed!

Nothing new to report in Boresville. Made falafel for dinner. Need to do laundry. Garden is a mess. Must sweep street outside house tomorrow so mean German bureaucrats don't come and take me away.

Kiwonk
03-24-2004, 06:00 PM
* therefore, can I send them back to you? Can we all send them to each other over and over?
No. :coffee: I am the only person in the world who has no real life friends, so you all have to come to my rescue.

Glad to hear about your core, Sug. I'm not sure where my core is. I'm hoping it reveals itself at some point after I shed some of this flab. It must be under there somewhere. I must say that I am getting a little better at the exercises on my tapes. I even managed to do all the "power yoga" today.

Wabby, I know it ain't easy to convince a :doh: dog that he ought not destroy your belongings. Mine was a quick learner, but she could be stubborn. I felt fortunate not to have a chewer -- I've heard of people who lost all their books to dogs. :eek:

Where is Frappeedoo? I hope not still sick -- maybe she feels so much better she's gallivanting around the countryside. Or something.

I have to make dinner in 2 shifts today -- DD has to eat early and DH doesn't get home til later. I made chicken rubbed with balsamic vinegar and grilled with mushrooms. Plus salad. mmm. Can't wait to make mine.

Kiwi

Lohani
03-24-2004, 06:14 PM
I, too, have wondered of the Frappe.

Kiwi, I live in an anthrax prone area...do you really want me sending mail? We had a post office closed a few weeks ago. If it happened and it turned out to be bad..you'd never forgive yourself. I'm so sweet to spare you that anxiety.

Have I told you guys how much I hate working full time??? It will soon be conferences and Easter break...then I'll like it better.
I really find other people's children annoying.

gotta go.
L

PainterWoman
03-25-2004, 12:13 AM
I can't believe I missed the cranky day!
My cranky day was SATURDAY while trying to do taxes. :bomb: :hot: :bomb:
No property damage, however... and everything else can be fixed. :rollpin: eventually.

DH is gone all this week... AND all next week. What a surprise. I didn't realize how easy it was to be non-motivated when he's around to chat with. Now that I'm alone it is less easy to live with myself AND be non-motivated.
Probably by Friday I'll be back ON PROGRAM and trying to find my core and/or power center.... I know where the extension cords are, does that count?

Maybe I'll put sort the laundry and put some in during Late Nite! That would redeem my day a little bit.
Ciao, Chickies.

Kiwonk
03-25-2004, 02:24 AM
I am not impressed with your flimsy excuses for not taking this chain letter off my hands!! How can you disappoint my mother like this? It's shocking!

:kickcan:

Kiwi

Berrypie
03-25-2004, 09:59 AM
So sorry I missed Bags Bday and Cranky Day. I would have fit right into CD. I am still wicked sick. Now they're doing biopsies and tests for auto-immune and inflammatory diseases. I'll know more next week when the pathology report comes back.

Bad news: all the saline in the ivs has me staying the same weight, being MORE bloated even though I eat NOTHING....NOTHING I tell you! My doctors refuse to take this seriously and insist on focussing on blindness and death. Weight Loss is the key issue here, I say!

Good news: neighbors are bringing food (Southerners are SOOOO nice), DH is being a Saint, and DS is so flipped out about me being sick that he's turning in his homework, testing clean at weekly rehab and even (we'll see when the report card comes home today) says he's studying for tests.

Time for more Vicodin which means a 3 hour coma.

love you all

fraps

SugP
03-25-2004, 11:51 AM
Frappe, darling, you're scaring us. You MUST get better soon for the sake of the herd. Do you still have the thyroid thing going on? That can be connected to all those other autoimmune nasties. I sure hope they find out what's wrong with ya! :grouphug:

In other news - I did upper body weights. My triceps are killing me. Anyone know how to get rid of back fat? I hate that.

Berrypie
03-25-2004, 12:02 PM
Maybe I have Mad Cow disease. No one's mentioned that one yet.

They just added prednizone to the mix and I'm on that cortisone high now. Of course that just means even more bloating!

frappe

Wabby
03-25-2004, 05:17 PM
Oh Frappe! at least the silver lining is that the DH & kids are really pulling together for you. Too bad we have to get sick for them to behave. Good that you have neighborly southern women to bring food. I'd send you a casserole, but I'm sure it wouldn't be too tasty after 3 day delivery.

Take care, chicky. :goodvibes

PainterWoman
03-26-2004, 09:45 AM
SweetBerrie-- at least you have your mind... :wave:
AND YOUR SENSE OF HUMOR.::joker:
I agree with you that blindness and death can seem like minor issues when you've worked so hard on weight loss... but HELLO... I am wishing you health and healing as hard as I know how. Tell those MD's that you're ready to kick a** and take names and they'd better get on the stick. Maybe even find some Ancient Chinese MD to do complimentary meds to get your immune system ON YOUR SIDE!
:balloons: Hugs, tootsie.

Kiwi-- I might be willing to help YOU with chain book-letter... but have no interest in helping your mother! Maybe I should just send you books! They are piling up by bedside, on kitchen table, livingroom table and are doubling up in the bookcases. EEEEEEEEEEEEK. When I was single at least I recycled them at the used book store... but Hubby thinks it's a sin to discard a book.... Maybe I'll become a secret member of that society that just leaves books in public places that you can register on-line so you can follow where they go....
If I did one a day... Maybe by 2005 I'd have space on the bookshelves!

My powerhouse is still blacked out and my core is melted down... (Think big blob)... but I'm tackling the laundry, trash and weeds... until I go pick up hubby at airport. Guess I should have a bit o' breakfast so I don't succumb to the pizza he's gonna want for lunch!

Kiwonk
03-26-2004, 03:36 PM
I have exactly enough time to either post here or do my workout before we head off to the coffeehouse where DD and her teacher are performing tonight. :wave:

Kiwi

Lohani
03-26-2004, 08:44 PM
You made the right decision, Kiwi.

Poor Frappe.....isn't middle age a complicated thing?????

I'm trying to make the dump presentable for the cadre of opc's who are coming for the weekend. I'm failing.

Did I tell you about our two sets of couple friends(who have kids our kids' ages) who went on a cruise last month and begged us to come...we, being the difficult people we are...knew that they would NOT be our friends after such prolonged contact, so we declined...WELL...they came home...each >$10,000 poorer and HATE each other. We are so smart.

I"m going to go clean..I"ll spare you the list...bye

Cowpernia
03-26-2004, 09:49 PM
No list .. no believe this is Lushie.

Kiwonk
03-27-2004, 01:52 PM
What's an opc? I'm too lazy to think today.

Did I mention that I got volunteered to host family Easter dinner? Horrors, the pressure. I probably will have to cook something totally un-Easterish. DH suggested pot roast :rolleyes: Of course the obvious thing to do would be one of those spiral hams. Unfortunately we contributed one of those to Christmas dinner, so I don't think that's going to fly. Whoever heard of flying ham anyway? :dizzy: I don't think I'm up to a leg of lamb--not the right crowd for that anyway. Will be just DH's parents and a couple of nephews. Wish I could barbecue. Actually maybe I could -- a big London broil or something.

Isn't nice that I can just come here and :blah: endlessly, and you can just scroll down?

Kiwi

SugP
03-28-2004, 06:21 AM
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear darling, clever, talented, gorgeous Peaches (who we all like the best)
Happy Birthday to you!
And many happy returns!!

:cb: :hb: :hat: :gift: :cheers: :encore: :cb:

Eat lotsa cake!

Cowpernia
03-28-2004, 07:15 AM
Thank you Sweeeetie Pie. :goodvibes

Lohani
03-28-2004, 10:39 AM
OPC= other people's children...because I don't force visiting boys to change into "gay" pajamas or make them publically brush their teeth, I run a fraternity house every weekend.
Kiwi, have lasagna. That is my traditional Easter dinner. Make everyone do an Easter Egg hunt in your woods. On Easter morning, my kids have to find eggs that are scattered over the whole yard. DH and I sit and laugh at them as they run frantically in the rain for hershey kisses and quarters hidden in Easter Eggs. It always rains.
Happy Birthday, Miss Woman of Letters. I'm so proud of you for the year you've had. You must be experiencing Peri-Menopausal Zest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Me, I'm hankering for Post-Menopausal Zest or anything else it brings with it. My hot flashes have taken a particularly nasty turn.
I must continue in my efforts to bring order and beauty to our lives...or at least clean clothes. bye

Bagzz
03-28-2004, 05:00 PM
i am still ready to talk----dh's girls left this afternoon---crazy week with the Music Man ----dd18 was Mrs.Eulalie MacKecknie Shinnneedless to say---she was hi larry ***.Last sunday i asked if they needed any help finishing up the Set Painting---turns out they needed eight doors and six windows and several signs painted---hahahehehahah------there went three days ----i must say i really enjoyed working with all those young people--they were great workers and very sweet-----you know what those keener musical kids are like----ANYway----the show finished last night---i helped cater the cast party----got home at 2:30 am-------feels like i have not been home for a month------practically lived at the school all week------regarding yourselves-----i feel so bad for Frappe!!!!---how insane---it must be the hospital/doctor's fault-----how the **** could this all occur out of the blue??????didn't wabby have that same operation with no problem?????is anyone searching the web for you to get some ideas on what's up?????-------hoping to get back to excercise soon---ate crap all week-----old wedding cake ,chips,pop,mcdonalds---pizza blahhhhhhch.sorry i missed cranky day,but i can manage at least several hours of it on a daily basis no problem====love you tanks and SORRY I MISSED YOUR BIRTHDAY PEACHERS!!!! LOVE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :smug:

PainterWoman
03-29-2004, 12:39 AM
BELATED BEST BIRTHDAY WISHES, Peaches!
Hoping it was a sweet sweet day. :hb: :hb: :T :T :hat:

Cherry Cow
03-29-2004, 04:05 AM
Happy Birthday to Peaches and everyone else I missed while I was wallowing in whatever.

Without caffeine, I am a depressed slug.

Kiwonk
03-29-2004, 04:27 PM
:balloons: Sorry I missed it. But I always miss birthdays, don't I? Did you celebrate? :hb:

We went to DH's parents' for a family dinner yesterday because it was his sister's birthday on Sat. DH informed me Saturday night at 5:30 that I was supposed to bring a tray of raw veggies and dip. He had just come back from the store getting milk, because I was thinking of making a cheese souffle (we had a ton of eggs and cheese, but not enough milk) and rather than my abandoning that idea (cheese is the love of his life), he volunteered to get the milk. Note that every trip into town is about 10-15 min. each way. So he comes in and tells me about the food we're supposed to bring. I gave him the "you must be kidding" look, and he drove back into town and got what I needed for veggies and stuff. He hightailed it back home in time to watch his alma mater in their Hockey East final match. So I'm putting together this souffle and DD gets a phone call; her friends want her to come over and have a slumber party, and she can't wait until after dinner because they are watching 2 movies and someone will come pick her up. Please please please please please :bb: How could I resist? :rolleyes: So here I am making this elaborate dinner for 2 of us. Silly. And I really wasn't in any mood to cut vegetables after that, so I had to get up Sunday morning and do it. Isn't it nice the things I do for my in-laws out of the kindness of my heart? :nose:

I am such a kitty magnet. Got one on my left right now, next to the keyboard, lapping my hand now and then. When she's not there, the dumb hairy one gets up on the desk and stares at me. Occasionally she lifts her foot up like she's going to scratch me. Usually if I pet her, she circles out of my reach. She's not too bright.

Hi Bagzie and Sugar and Wabbit and Painty and Cherry and Lushie and another Get Well Soon to Frappe. Gotta go exercise before DH comes home and has to avert his eyes.

Kiwi

Wabby
03-29-2004, 06:34 PM
Well, of course it was the weekend, and you know I don't post on weekends, but you can't sneak another birthday past me!!!! Happy Birthday dear Peachezzzzz, happy birthday to youuuuuuuu!!!!! :balloons: :hat:

We had another beautiful weather weekend. I fought the yard and the yard almost won. I'm getting some bodacious muscles from shoveling composted manure.

Kiwi, I think you can most definitely get away with spiral ham for Easter dinner. Steamed asparagus. Scalloped potatoes. Deviled eggs, of course. Dinner rolls. Geez. You can tell it's late afternoon and I'm hungry!!!!When's dinner???

Bagz, Wabby did have that operation with no problem, but poor Frappe seems to have gotten a doozy of a post op complication. Frappe, I'm thinking of you every day. I sure hope you're feeling better.

Hi everybody else. Hi Cherry, good to see you back.

Kiwonk
03-30-2004, 03:07 AM
MMM we had leftover chicken from the in-laws' dinner and I made chicken and cheese quesadillas for dinner. Of course I had to make 3 different meals, as has become somewhat of a habit. Chicken salad for DH, quesadillas without any sauteed veggies for DD and I got the good ones: baby vidalia onions, poblano chili peppers, and orange bell peppers sauteed and layered onto a tortilla with chicken and cheese. You are sooooooo jealous. Funny, I used to hate cooked peppers, now I love them. Too bad I can't convince anyone else around here to eat them.

k.

Bagzz
03-30-2004, 09:07 AM
kiwi---your posts make me hungry and regretful-----I regret that i cannot cook like you ---and make it sound so delicious-----i LOVE souffles-----have no idea how to make one and feel that it would be too hard----IS IT HARD TO DO OR NOT????

Cherry Cow
03-30-2004, 01:18 PM
Alton Brown makes souffles look easy. I'll try one one day.

Kiwonk
03-30-2004, 04:10 PM
i LOVE souffles-----have no idea how to make one and feel that it would be too hard----IS IT HARD TO DO OR NOT????
Easy peasy, Bagz! If you can separate eggs and beat the living daylights out of them, you've got it in the bag so to speak. Souffle in a Bag, there's a concept! Of course if you have elephants running through your kitchen, it might fall before it's fully set (takes about an hour in the oven), so that could be a drawback. :lol:

Who's Alton Brown? Another fab cook I'm missing not having the Food Channel? :hungry: I'm reading a cookbook I got at the library by Rachel Ray who is apparently on the Food Channel -- she's very inventive with really easy meals. That's where I got the chicken rubbed with balsamic vinegar idea. Didn't think I'd like it, but even DD liked it!

Anyhoo, just what I need to do is whet everyone's appetite :no: Bad me.

Later gators

Kiwi

Wabby
03-31-2004, 11:50 AM
Kiwi, Alton Brown is my favorite food channel cook. He cooks things and explains the scientific reason for the way food reacts and the reasons we use the cooking methods we do. You can go to the food channel website and read all about it. I like Rachel Ray too, in spite of her perkiness.

We've got a temporary housemate. He's one of DS's best friends who's mother passed away about 3 years ago. His bio Dad has never been in his life and his step Dad dumped him the minute his mom was gone. Step Dad took the house that had belonged to his mother before SD came along, and this kid and his brother were left to fend for themselves. SD had a girlfriend within 3 mos. and went out and bought himself a Harley and proceeded to live his second childhood. Anyway, this kid found himself without a home this week and we are letting him live in our motorhome for a month until he can get on his feet again. You know I'm a sucker for a motherless child. Actually, he's a really nice kid and very appreciative and he has a job so I know it's only temporary. So far, so good, hopefully it stays that way. I know, I'm :dizzy: .

Kiwonk
03-31-2004, 05:17 PM
I want Food Channel. We are considering getting small satellite (DirectV or Dish Network) because what we have now is not doing what it used to: we have a large dish satellite and the prices for programming keep going up while they keep pulling channels out of the lineup. If we do change, I can get food channel and BBC America, and I will be sooooooooo happy! :dance:

That is really despicable of that kid's stepfather. I used to think that that's what step-parents were bound to be like. I had a real problem with my stepfather when I was a kid because he was really strict and kind of mean, in my little 7-y.o. mind. It took me years to learn to appreciate him. Then a few years ago, my parents were discussing their wills and stuff. There were some things in his name and some in my mom's name. All of his estate he was splitting amongst the 3 of us -- 2 of us are stepkids and 1 is his with my mom. I didn't say anything but I was amazed that he wouldn't favor her over the 2 of us. I mean, I don't think anyone would have blamed him if he did. It really deepened my respect for him. Too bad all SD's aren't stand-up guys.

Just finished my weights workout. I feel nauseous. But strong.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
03-31-2004, 11:27 PM
I agree Kiwi. The man sounds like he has small emotional worth.

I am feeling sorry for myself. We have a new ediot and this one is someone I've known for a long time. I thought he was a friend. He has never working at a paper but has been in radio news and he's good at that.

I don't know if he still does it but for a while he was writing weekly reports to our boss. I had to use my boss' computer and there were a couple of them on the desk. They were very negative about me. And dishonest. He said. "Peaches is apparently working on the same story she's been working on for three weeks. She has nothing on her list that I didn't specially assign her."

I don't think my boss pays attention to this crap but it hurts anyway. The 3-week story was something boring that was his idea and took research. I have no stories of my own idea on my list because when I present them he says with a blank look, "That sounds interesting." He doesn't write it down. Once, he actually said, "What if I say no?"

He has a new wife and she calls or comes in all day. You can tell by how a spouse responds to you what she has heard about you. She is not friendly to me. She is a very friendly person ordinarily and, for instance, calls (about hourly) and asks to speak with "Booboo's daddy." Booboo is their dog. He is not attached to Booboo and I don't believe he views himself as its daddy. She is just bubbly. But not to me.

I am really unhappy over this.

Here's another work story. My boss has a seven year old who was getting teased by somebody on a regular basis. The other day he told her, "You're getting very ignoring."

Bye. Day off tomorrow.

Lohani
03-31-2004, 11:47 PM
I have food channel....I never have time to watch it...is it good? Is it better than Law and Order? How about 3rd Rock? How about The Daily Show? Kiwi, you are such a creative cook. I am a BORING cook. Chicken...spaghetti...chicken...soup...chicken.... spaghetti....if I could put one of those repeating decimal marks over it to indicate that it goes on forever, that is what I'd do.

Science fair is looming...DD is having a party on Saturday night. Ach! I wish I was motivated to clean. I think I'll stay up for a while and do some wash...maybe watch The Daily Show and Law and Order. sadly, 3rd Rock isn't on at this time of day.

Wabby, that is a sad story about your new charge.

I think I'll make a list before I go to bed....want to hear it??? Sorry....I have new cleaning friends. They don't scoff at my lists. I overlook the fact that they're kind of boring and they overlook that I never seem to actually DO anything on my lists.

gotta go..bye

Lohani
04-01-2004, 06:22 AM
We don't live here anymore.

Cowpernia
04-21-2004, 07:18 AM
where did we go then?