Old 03-10-2004, 07:25 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 6"

Default Wed. Chat - March 10th

Happy Hump Day!
Well WI this morning wasn't as devistating as I had thought it would be. Even with TOM visiting I managed to drop another 1.5 pounds so it has made my day. Now, if I could only wake up, that would be another story It's all rainy and gloomy here, it would be a great day to crawl back into bed and snuggle deep under the warm blankets. Unfortunatly, I'm almost late for work so I can't take pleasure in such activities.
Everyone have a wonderful day!
Trazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 07:42 AM   #2  
Mouth of the South

Good morning all!

Trazzie, congrats on the 1.5 lbs! Keep up the good work! For once, the weather is awesome here! Houston will have it's three days of spring and go right into summer by Sunday! I woke up early this morning and did my pilates workout (high five to me!) I pray that today is better than yesterday. I had one of the most horrible days at work yesterday. I screwed everything up that I touched. Things can only get better from here though! I feel like a million after I worked out. When I start out the morning with exercise and prayer, I seem to have a good day.

Well ladies, I have to get into the shower so my co-workers don't keel over! I hope everyone has a blessed and wonderful day!
Catgirl67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 07:52 AM   #3  

Yawwwwwwwwwwn Morning

Trazzie - I'm with you on sleeping in today. The weather here is cooooold, and to think last Friday the temp hit 81! The weather here this month is nuts. Congrats on the loss, too

Cat- Congrats on getting up at "at 'em" so early in the day! I've been going for 2 mile walks on the boardwalk before work, but it's just tooo cold and windy these days.

For me, I just had an egg sandwich for breakfast on Atkins bread...not bad, but...
Our local grocery store bakery makes Atkins brand bread baked fresh and I manage to get it after it's expiration date at $1.99 a loaf. So I keep it in the freezer. It's not quite the same as regular bread, but good if you're just dying for a sandwich for a change.
I stepped on the scale this morning and it's still staying at the new weight. Phew. I thought maybe it was just a fluke!
Well, the boys are out of the shower now, so I've got to get moving. Have a great day!
BizzyLizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 08:07 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

Morning Trazzie, that's fantastic news about your weight in, and when tom leaves you'll be no doubt down even more!

TG - hiking, oh lucky lady, the weather must be beautiful there. That must have been the best feeling to be able to participate, and excel in something so physical.

Michele - Welcome to the board, and I guess today is start day, so congratulations. Let us know if you need anything.

Karen - Welcome home We missed you but figured you were busy. Sorry to hear about all the sniffles, but glad you're on the mend. So is dh gone for the interview, just a couple days? Wtg on the weight maintenance being sick and stressed, those are some big eating triggers to overcome.

Cat, Bizzy -

I'm back to work today after a day off, would really like to crawl under the covers too Trazzie, not in the mood for work today, I'll call in sick if you do The strawberries are working out great, just making sure I have them in the morning with breakfast and there's been no hangover or cravings. My bathroom started leaking yesterday but minus the inconvenience of not having a bathroom for a week while they fix it, it's a victory for renters, not a cent to pay, thank God. Everything else is going great and hopefully work will cooperate and go well today too.

TTFN
Tummy

Last edited by Tummy Girl; 03-10-2004 at 08:10 AM.
Tummy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 08:21 AM   #5  

Mornin all. It must be the moon because I am yawning also. I can't seem to wake up this morning. Another night with no wine....very proud of myself. I like going to bed and falling asleep, not passing out Hopefully this will speed along the weight loss. It had better!

I find since I had that stomach bug that my appetite still isn't 100%. Kind of weird. I sat down to dinner last night and could only eat half of it. Oh well.

I am getting my hair cut tonight by a new stylist. God, I could just smack my stylist for retiring! How dare he! This girl is in his shop and he told me once that if he ever wasn't there to use this girl. I really want something a little sexier for my new soon to be body

I have a picture that my husband took of me last week that I am going to try and post today. It isn't a full body shot but at least you will know my face.

Tummy Girl: Yum, strawberries.....maybe this summer when I am at goal

BizzyLizzy: Good deal on the bread. I too get some low carb breads etc and keep them in the freezer just in case I want something a little different. Congrats on staying at your new weight.

Catgirl67: Enjoy your 3 days of spring and hope you have a better day at work. I know how those days feel.

Trazzie: WTG on the weigh in. You are just melting before our eyes.

Well off to work for me. Need to get my numbers up so I have to dig up some installs from somewhere. With the layoffs going on I want to stay out from under the radar if you know what I mean.

Have a great day.
jane8760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 08:26 AM   #6  
Baby Steps

Wow!!! It's a busy Wednesday already. Lots of early birds today.

Tummy: I can't wait til I'm closer to my goal weight and can add more foods to it. Strawberries sound DELICIOUS right now. And I KNOW I've got frozen ones in the freezer. Too tempting right now so I'm best staying away from everything like that.

Lizzy: That's great that you can get the bread that price. Wonder how to hint to the people around here to make low-carb fresh stuff. Bet it'd go over like hotcakes

Catgirl: Hope you have a better day. I also took a shower. Figured if I didn't people would start calling me pepe lapew (or however you spell his name)

Trazzie: Congrats on the loss of weight. I'm thinking the weather you're getting is ours for tomorrow. We're supposed to be in the high 40's today..but tomorrow snow and in the 30's. Spring is battling Winter yet on who's supposed to be here.

Well, the scale is down ANOTHER pound. How does that work? I don't think I've dropped that much on the 2nd week of Atkins. I'm not complaining mind you but I'm not doing anything different now than I did at the beginning. True, the first week I dropped 7, but that's supposed to be water. Does that mean I've got more water? lol. Well, I've got to take a trip to the post office after work today. I have to send the antler rings that hubby ordered back. They're too small for BOTH of us. I've tried explaining to the dude that all 3 other rings I have are 7's so for some reason these aren't measured right. I didn't want to tick him off though because he's being nice and letting us ship them back and he'll make and send new ones. They're VERY cool looking and I can't wait!!
Hmm...why do I always seem to get chatty and make a novel post instead of a few sentences????

Have a great day everyone!!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 08:28 AM   #7  
Baby Steps

Jane: you snuck in while I was writing my novel. lol Congrats on staying away from the wine!! I bet before long the scale will move like you want
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 08:48 AM   #8  

Good morning all! I am so excited! Today is day one for me on Atkins Induction and I am enjoying my 2 hardboiled eggs and a few pieces of bacon. I dread the caffeine withdrawal I am sure will hit me over the head in the next few days but I am enjoying a large glass of water at the moment so all is well! I hope everyone has wonderful, productive days!! I have heard horror stories about the first week of Induction so I am not adding exercise to my life until week two. Today is a gorgeous sunny day in Cleveland so my daughter and I are off to the zoo to walk around and see the animals. Good luck to everyone with their eating habits today!!
southerngirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 09:09 AM   #9  

Good morning Brenda and Southerngirl. You must have been posting at the same time as me because I missed you.
Is anyone else having problems with being notified by email? I subscribe to this daily thread everyday but lately it isn't sending me the email.

Well, I went and did it....I posted a head shot of me in my profile. Be kind....
Old 03-10-2004, 09:30 AM   #10  

Good Morning all...

It sounds like everyone is off to a good start. I'm going back to induction starting today. I did this last week and then let up a little bit over the weekend, just on the total carbs, not the food choices. (although I'm sitting here drinking my 2nd cup of coffee, argggh).

I don't know about you all, but I've been having problems steering clear of the junk sugar free candy...it's like my new weakness and it really ticks me off. I mean I'm happy that I'm not eating anything high carb (I think, I'm not too sure about the sugar alcohols), but I'm not making good food choices either and that needs to stop. I've proven to myself that it's not good for me, stalls and extra calories I don't need, argggh. Okay, that was the whine for the day.

Southerngirl: your excitment is exactly what I need to get back, that's what I'm looking for! You're going to do great!
Lady: congrats on your weight loss!
Jane: good luck with the new stylist, that's always a bit scarey.
BizzyLizzy: that's a good deal on the low carb bread, it's normally so expense. I just bought the Dana Carpenter recipe book and she has a bunch of low carb (really) bread recipes, so I'm anxious to try some...of course I'll have to try them after I've finished my 2 weeks of re-induction .
Catgirl: here's a high 5 for the workout, good job.
Tazzie: wow, I don't even look at my scale during TOM, so actually losing weight during is very impressive, good for you!

Have a great day,
Summerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 10:36 AM   #11  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Hey Ladies

Sure is lots of action here........hope you dont mind if I mosey on over here. Ive restarted Atkins after being away from it for wayyyyyy too long.

Im getting ready for work, but I'll check in later.

Have a great day
Robin
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 10:40 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jane8760
Good morning Brenda and Southerngirl. You must have been posting at the same time as me because I missed you.
Is anyone else having problems with being notified by email? I subscribe to this daily thread everyday but lately it isn't sending me the email.

Well, I went and did it....I posted a head shot of me in my profile. Be kind....
Aren't you pretty! I did not even know we could post headshots in our profiles!!! You learn something new every day. I am getting email notification just fine at my yahoo account. I have it also going to my work account which is so slow!!
Old 03-10-2004, 10:47 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerchick

I don't know about you all, but I've been having problems steering clear of the junk sugar free candy...it's like my new weakness and it really ticks me off. I mean I'm happy that I'm not eating anything high carb (I think, I'm not too sure about the sugar alcohols), but I'm not making good food choices either and that needs to stop. I've proven to myself that it's not good for me, stalls and extra calories I don't need, argggh. Okay, that was the whine for the day.

Southerngirl: your excitment is exactly what I need to get back, that's what I'm looking for! You're going to do great!
Hi Summerchick!! You are going to do so well this time!!! All it takes is that little bit of motivation!!! My aunt had a horrible time steering clear of Atkins and low carb goodies so she made a deal with herself. She basically allowed herself a shake every morning to satisfy that craving and one Atkins bar or sugar free treat per week on Saturday night. She freezed them so she could not just grab one and eat it. She put it out Saturday morning and it was ready and quite good that evening. It helped her get off her plateau and curbed her cravings. I wonder if it was knowing she could have a treat as oppose to simply taking all her treats away that helped? I will ask her. Hope this suggestion helps!
Old 03-10-2004, 10:47 AM   #14  

Thanks Michelle. I hate pictures of me....never happy with how I look.

I am getting email notification today...strange.

Welcome Robin, sure is a lot of new people the last week. You will all enjoy coming here. I know it has been a lot of fun and inspiration to me.
Old 03-10-2004, 11:15 AM   #15  
The Princess O' Pets

Morning Chickies!!!

I am off to work at the vet today, I love the new schedule Comcast on Mon, TUes, Thurs Fri, and I go in at 7:30 and then on Weds I get a break...go to work at the vet @ 9am so i have a mid week sleep in. Pretty dang genious if I do say so myself. Since i have been working at the vet for 10 yrs, it is like cake to work there I could do it in my sleep, so it is a nice break. SUNNYYYY al ready today! I am soooooo happy we are officially leaving winter and into SPRING!! TA-DA!! (so happy I am just yelling about it!!) I can't wait to get to the gym today....this is the first spring I will be on WOE and I am sooooooo happy to feel so great! I can wear SHORTS this summer!! Yippeeeeeee. Plus I have all of you to make my life so much more happy, entertaining and supportive...The Ya-Ya low carb sisterhood!!! I feel so great, love is just spilling over...can you tell???!! LOL I am about to set up a new picture account so i am gonna post my pic too.

Tummy: thanks girl I have to say YES the hiking felt great, last time I felt so good on a hike was about 5 yrs ago. Sounds like you are doing great too!

Trazzie: have a good day at work, hope it is easy.

Cat girl: today is a new day, and you can only go up! Have a great day!

Bizzy: I ahve forgotten what "real" bread tastes like so I like the atkins bread, but 1.99 a loaf...you lucky bum!

Jane: I am sure you will look great with a new hairdo & stylist!!! Take a pic of your new style too!!

Lady: I love that...your fingers are too skinny for the ring!!!

Yes MIchele the first week is pretty much ****, but stick with it and we are right here for you. You might have a headache or feel shakey from the carb withdrawl, but remember to eat, eat eat. If you crave sugar eat something with no sugar but fatty. Cheese is great for that. I didn't start exercising for 3 weeks, I just got myself all together eating wise then added exercise. Once this is over you will feel GREAT and have sooooooooo much energy it will be amazing!

Summer, I stopped eating anything with sugar alcohols cause it stalled my weight loss (and not to mention the malitol cramps!) some people can not go by taking off the sugar alcohols because it works the same on them as sugar, I am one of those people and alot of other people are too, so be careful. The only thing I subtract from carb counts is dietary fiber. Good luck on induction andwe are right here for you...I am sure you will be great!!

Robin great to have you and to meet you!! Jump right in!!

*** just little reminders for newbies and everyone, try the weekly food log, it is a great resource to track and watch what you eat, see what other people are eating and track your success. Also fitday.com is a great resource for making menus and counting carbs, fats, etc.

Also, make sure you take a peek at the daily chats from the day before in the moring whan you come in, someone who may have been posting at night might have left you a message or you might miss a good topic that went on at night, since all of our time zones are different that helps everyone to keep in touch.

Thanks ladies!!

Love TG
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote