Support Groups - Time For Serious Fun #58

View Full Version : Time For Serious Fun #58

gma22
03-10-2004, 05:44 AM
TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN #58

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Report our losses!
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.

FIRST QUARTER CHALLENGE JAN 1- MAY 1. THE MOST LBS LOST WILL WIN A $30 VISA GIFT CARD! ONLY THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN MEMBERS FOR 4 MONTHS ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THE FIRST QUARTER GIFT THOUGH ALL MAY JOIN THE CHALLENGE!

gma22
03-10-2004, 05:48 AM
WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's woes. Got something we can help with?

Morning ladies. Sandy/Gigglez ask that you ladies pray for her mom. She has to have some surgery to take out some metal in her leg or something like that. She said she would be offline for awhile but to think about her. So, we are going to pray for her mom and her continued success while she is away from us!

I am cleaning dd's house today so I will check in as soon as I can.

Susan: Nice list, Susan and they don't called it "morbidly" obese because it makes you healthy so it is a good thing you are catching on at a younger age. I was not so lucky and am not struggling with things I probably wouldn't have had to if I had taken charge of my life early on!

Later!

Faye ;)

Mirabelly
03-10-2004, 07:59 AM
Morning ladies!

Yesterday was a 2 pointer..... :(
I don't know what's going on, but I just can't stop snacking! This whole week I've been craving more and more food. Thank goodness there's nothing terrible in the house for me to eat. I know some people think that if you eat sugar or other high carb snacks, it starts a craving cycle that is tough to break. Maybe that's what happened....I had a bunch of chocolate on Sat. and since then I've been craving. Gotta STOP!!

I'll keep Sandy in my prayers.....
Faye, that is so awesome that you could give Thomas a piggy back ride!!!!! :clap: :clap: I'll bet he'll remember that when he's older. He's old enough to remember this big transition you're going through, and someday you'll hear from him how proud he is of you.

Not much to report here.......still too cold to get spring fever. Actually, I'm going a little squirrely being stuck inside so much. READY FOR SPRING NOW PLEASE! :dizzy:

Everyone have a great day!
Julie

Satine
03-10-2004, 08:13 AM
Morning :sunny

Thanks for all of the well wishes for the mole removal, it is still pretty sore at times but will get better...I was reading up on what my dermatologist thought it was that she removed ( a keloid I think ) and if she is right it has a 50% chance of coming back bigger in the same spot...so I am very depressed about that right now, BIG WEDS WOE!!! :cry: I had my family doctor and another dermatologist tell me it was not one of those, so I guess I just go on and hold hope that it is not what she thinks it is.... :crossed: I just hate to think that I went through all of this for nothing...

Anyway another 3pt day yesterday, no exercise, it was only in the high 30's yesterday evening and with my arm sore I didnt think I should get the blood pumping there, it still leaks fairly bad, gonna try today if it is a little
warmer :dancer:

Amanda - I dont think you have to give up Pizza altogether but I think you need to eat a kind that you can stick to your points with, Pizza Hut has a new pizza out, I dont know what it is called, but I think it is only like 3 points per slice...so you could have like 2 or 3 slices and then still stay within plan...sometimes we think we cannot eat something when we can IF we eat in moderation....Also I did what you are doing at first to - but then I got serious and the weight started coming off, and once that happened I was on a roll and no one ( or any food ) is stopping me from getting to goal this year...you CAN do it!!!!

Julie - Dont feel so bad, they sometimes are bodies are more hungry for a few days, at least you are not snacking on junk...although maybe you should have stayed away from the chocolate!!!! ha!! :goodvibes

I will keep Gigglez family in my prayers....

Faye - Good job on the list, I am still thinking about it, I have alot of them...

Hope everyone has a good morning!!! :dance:

jloo1957
03-10-2004, 08:29 AM
GOOD MORNING LADIES....I will keep Sandy in my prayers....yesterday was a 4 POINT DAY :strong: WHOOOHOOO!!!....AS FAR AS THE POLL FOR YESTERDAY....I couldn't: feel confident about myself..I couldn't do SQUATS...I couldn't do pushups..I couldn't walk from the house to the mailbox without having to sit when I got back to the house..I couldn't run and play with the kids like I wanted to...I couldn't stand for long without my legs and feet hurting...I couldn't fit in some of the rides that we often go to at the theme park...I couldn't drum up any kind of energy to get me through the day..I could go on and on...and it is totally amazing what you are limited too when you have more weight than your body can handle...but you know what???? ...I CAN:....WALK 3-5 MILES AT A TIME WITH NO PROMBLEMS...I CAN WALK AND FEEL CONFIDENT..I CAN DO SQUATS...I CAN RUN AND PLAY WITH MY KIDS...[AND THEY CAN'T CATCH ME]...I CAN STAND A LOT MORE THROUGH THE DAY WITHOUT MY LEGS AND FEET HURTING...I CAN FIT IN THE RIDES AT THE THEME PARK ...[EVEN THOUGH THERE ARE SOME I WONT RIDE]...AND ENERGY....I CAN DRUM UP ENERGY ALL DAY AND INTO THE NIGHT...NOTHING HOLDS ME DOWN NOW...GOSH,IT IS AMAZING WHAT JUST TAKING OFF 10% OF YOU WEIGHT CAN DO FOR SELF CONFIDENCE ,NOT TO MENTION YOUR ENDURANCE....AND I WILL:...FIT INTO MY BLACK JEANS...I WILL REACH MY GOAL BY DECEMBER 31ST 2004...I WILL IMPROVE MY HEALTH ...I WILL SUCCEED !!!!!...I WILL WEAR A BATHING SUIT THIS SUMMER AND NOT COVER IT UP...I WILL TAKE A MARTIAL ARTS CLASS...AND THE LIST IS ENDLESS AT WHAT I WILL ACCOMPLISH....THIS IS A GREAT SELF -ESTEAM BOOSTER FAYE....WELL, again I will begin another day closer to my BLACK JEANS...will check in later ladies...take care and work hard towards another successful day....love and hugs to all...Joy :D :D :D :) :) :) :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Scuzin
03-10-2004, 11:53 AM
Good morning!
Feeling great this morning once again. :sunny:
4 points for yesterday.

Something interesting came up last night in a discussion: what do we do to make ourselves happy...that doesn't work: watching a lot of television, over use of alcohol, things that distract us from the world and our own life. Of course food came to mind. We all enjoy sweets and fats, because lets face it...they taste good. But in the end we are nowhere near happy. Just a thought I wanted to share.

I hope everyone is doing well. Julie, don't beat yourself up too much for the snacking, just work on it.

Have a great day!

Amanda Panda
03-10-2004, 12:16 PM
Hi all!

Well I went to my WW class - I've put on 2lb. But that is not too bad, I can lose that in a week no problem! I thought it was going to be much worse - things didn't start well when my lightweight trousers that I always wear to weigh in felt far too tight, so i had to wear some heavier ones! I've had PMS and water retention for over 2 weeks now - my period is 10 days late - but don't worry, I'm not pregnant (I don't think so!). I think it is down to stress - things have been very tough over the past few weeks, so it's probably affecting my body.

I got 3 points yesterday.

I am going to have a really strict month to try to give my weight loss a boost - i agree with you Carri, once the weight really starts coming off, I won't want to do anything to spoil that!

Take care

Amanda xx

jloo1957
03-10-2004, 12:28 PM
:) JUST A QUICK THOUGHT...WHAT WAS THE MOST IMPORTANT REASON THAT PROMPTED YOU TO LOOSE THE WEIGHT AND GET HEALTHY...FOR ME,when I realized I was facing some real health issues that would soon lead to death..it was the cold hard facts of what I was doing to myself and said this is enough of this...no one can change this but me...my choice and no one could do this but me...and being raised with food as a big part of rewards and love ,and entertaining,big family get togethers, it just played such a big part of my life ..cooking the old way..lot's of seasonings of the wrong kind,there was major thinking and changing to accomplish....NOW, I totally think different and do things differently...like the way I cook being the biggest thing....amazing how changing simple little things can bring big changes...was just doing some thinking as I was working outside ...it's such a beautiful day here...60 and sunny,with a slightly cool breeze :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: ...just thinking our goals are just around the corner and we can succeed,all we have to do is make that turn...clmb out of that hole and live that life ...it's out there and it's up to us to make the most of it..... :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: love all of yall....later...Joy

cat90
03-10-2004, 01:53 PM
Hi Ladies,

A 3pt day for me yesterday :D never seem to get (or want to :lol: ) that water in ;) also managed to get 3mls in on the treadmill this morning even tho' my darn foot is hurting down the side :mad: don't know why :shrug: but i'm not going to let it stop me :strong: went to Walmart yesterday and even tho' all the chocolate bars where calling out my name i walked right by them :rofl: and that was really hard to do i can tell you.

gma22
03-10-2004, 03:04 PM
POINTS POINTS POINTS POINTS POINTS:

Julie :dancer:
Faye :dancer:
Carri :cp:
Amanda :cp:
Susan :bravo:
Joy :bravo:
Cat :cp:

Let me clarify something for things I say regarding this from now on. When I tell someone they should give something up forever or for an extended period of time, it is for things you simply don't seem to be able to keep in control and most of us have at least one of those things. I agree with Carri, with regards to Amanda and pizza that changing the type she eats etc is helpful, but again IF you cannot control it, GET RID OF IT! I firmly believe there are things in our lives that we just cannot get over the top of and for our betterment, the only recourse is to get it out of our lives!

Whooopeee! I got a BMI today and have lost 4.5% body fat since December!

Gotta go get Jack from work. Man am I ever bushed from the house cleaning! It was a real job today combined with the fact the little one came downstairs with, "Nonny, I am hungry can you fix me some pancakes?" I told him he would have to wait for his mom, but I should have known they were little frozen ones in the freezer (she is NOT a scratch cook, bless her) and so I fixed him breakfast and cleaned it up, then went back to cleaning her house. My muscles are screaming so I may take a night off from treadmill work.

Gotta run!

Faye

Scuzin
03-11-2004, 01:03 AM
Good Evening all
On a happy note: I seem to have worked going to the gym into my regualar schedule. I go straight there from somewhere else...so I don't have to be sitting at home thinking "should I?"..its just too bad my entire schedule is changing soon.
On a frustrating note: What do I do with my life? :lol: I'm just a little lost at the moment...here's the story...I'm an english major...I intend to be an english teacher someday...I'm also theater minor...I love theater, its just in me. So I have this choice...stick with the origional plan, or, double major in those two subjects. The thought of the double major makes me rather happy, I love theater that much. BUT that would require an extra year to complete and that much more $$$. blah. That's just my vent Wednesday woe I guess.

gma22
03-11-2004, 06:16 AM
THURSDAY: Today is Time for Us Thursday so be sure and find time for you today!
Later ladies

Faye ;)

Mirabelly
03-11-2004, 07:57 AM
Morning Ladies,

2 points again yesterday........sigh. Got the exercise and water. I think I'm suffering from phs (premature hallucinations of spring!) Last week I was so motivated and excited, cuz it was in the 40s and 50s. Now it's back to grey and cold, and after all it is still March. The snow is melting, but not fast enough. The ice is still 3 feet thick on the ponds.......oh well. I'm just gonna keep on keepin' on until the blahs pass.

Susan, about the theater major thing. I was a theater major, spent 10 years in various colleges, never did get a degree cuz I couldn't decide what I was going to do. THe only thing you need a theater major for is to teach theater in a college! Unless you need your Equity card and are going on the road with a broadway touring company, no one is going to much care if you were a theater minor/major or even anything. Most directors and producers of local and community theater will just be grateful for your help, no matter what your training. Now, if you intend to make a living in the theater.....get that major, but you better be totally committed because there's about a million other theater geeks out there that want the same job you do and therer aren't that many jobs!!! IMHO, stick with the English degree. At least you'll be able to get a job, AND you will still be able to do all the theater stuff too. NOw, if you have the funds to go to school longer.....that's another story. Just my two cents. (I'm only a little bitter about the fact that everyone told me to "have fun" at college and never mentioned that pesky "you gotta find a job when you get out" thing. :lol: )

Amanda, Great Attitude about your weight gain! You'll melt it off this week, I'm sure.

Faye, I sure hope your daughter pays you to clean her house!!!!! My mom would bust a gut :rofl: if I suggested she clean for me. Great news about the BMI!

Cat, I've had a pain in the side of my foot for about a month now. Right down the top of the foot on the right side. Guess I might have sprained it or something.

Well, gotta fly.......lots to do today.
Later,
Julie

Satine
03-11-2004, 08:18 AM
Morning Girls

Well I am still frozen, woke up this morning and it was 62 degrees in the house!! the heat was not working, I got up and checked around ( after I made sure that I paid the bill, ha ) and I didnt see anything but my husband will need to check it when he gets up...funny that on the coldest night we have had in a while - the heat goes out ... :lol: I really dont need a repair bill right now so I am keeping my fingers crossed that dh can fix...

I had 4 points yesterday !!! :cb: I got outside and walked, today will be another story though, 36 degrees for a high I think, way too cold....
Julie - I am with you, I have had it with the ups and downs of temps, I want SPRING !!! :flow2:

Have a good one all !!!

jloo1957
03-11-2004, 09:33 AM
:) GOOD MORNING LADIES...another 4 point day yesterday...it was so beautiful yesterday,around 65,sunny and we spent the majority of the day outside...I managed to work my gazelle for 30 minutes ,and did 25 squats and 25 leglifts...outside I was constantly movin..planted 3 rosebuhes,then built a treless around them and painted them...it is so pretty,I painted it apple red,and put some old wagon wheels around them that I had gotten from Virginia a long time ago...I simply love this time of year....we got our renewal for the ymca yesterday...it has went to 500.00 per year,..it was 400.00...thank Goodness my hubby's company pays for half of it....they promote corporate health..so that's a plus...Faye ,great job on the BMI girl...you go!!! :strong: :strong: :strong: :cb: :cb: :cb: my hubby took the week off,so we are doing some things around the house...we are gonna go see the movie Passion For Christ friday night,,,my best friend is having my children over for a spendover,so we have some time to ourselves.. :flame: :censored: :love: :devil: we switch back and forth...I keep her two boys and she keeps mine...this way we get time to ourself and it cost us nothing,the kids have ball cause they are friends..it is so nice to have friends ...such as all of you...where would we be without all the love and support...well,I must run and get in gear..kinda lazin this morning...all of you have a super terrific motivated day!!!...love and hugs to all...Joy :spin: :spin: :spin: :strong: :jig: :jig: :cb: :cb: :cb:

Scuzin
03-11-2004, 12:04 PM
Good Morning
4 points again!
Here's what happened: So last night I was doing my usual wednesday dinner thing where I usually pig out and I saw that there wasn't exactly the healthiest meal provided, nothing fried or anything...just not the best. BUT I put food on my plate, I ate it, and I did NOT go back for seconds and thirds as is my custom for those nights. So I consider that a victory! and therefore still claim all the points.

Its been sunny here all week but I dare not say "Spring is here" or it will grey over and start to drizzle and I'm not ready to give up this weather yet! there are FLOWERS!!!! I heard crickets the other night...and birds yesterday morning! YAY

Have a good day one and all, I'll be back this evening.

gma22
03-11-2004, 01:27 PM
EVERYONE IS DOING FABULOUS! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. POINTS:

Julie :dancer:
Carri :bravo:
Joy :bravo:

Just made the pedicure appts for my niece, my sister and myself in Vegas. It should be interesting as neither my niece nor I have ever had one! I am looking forward to it though as something I have never tried.

Went back to the eye doctor and everything is hunky dorey. On the other side of the coin, besides our checkcard, we have ONE and only ONE credit card and the company keeps screwing everything up. Now they just issued an over the limit fee when we aren't over the limit. In fact, we rarely use the darn thing because the interest rate is high. As good customers, we were supposed to get a $100 bonus added to our credit card back in January (that is besides our credit line increase) and they never did it. On top of that, the morons called here while I was gone and I guarantee it was because of the overlimit fee. The card is in Jack's name so they won't talk to me, but I am about ready to blow my stack, cut up the darn thing and tell them to shove it where the sun don't shine! I better get this taken care of before it becomes more of a mess.

Faye :)

cat90
03-11-2004, 01:43 PM
Hi Ladies,

Gosh Faye, i certainly would cut that card up and find another company :rolleyes: Great news about the BMI :cp:

I walked another 3mls yesterday so that makes a total of 13mls since Sunday (and thats not including mall walking :lol: ) got my first 4pt day too :bravo: finally managed to get my water in ;) just about to have brekky :chin: probably blueberry pancakes again, i had them yesterday and Monday :shrug: but thats alright i like them :T

Amanda Panda
03-11-2004, 04:27 PM
I got 4 points yesterday - woo-hoo!!

Amanda xx

gma22
03-11-2004, 06:50 PM
WOO HOO HERE COME ANOTHER COUPLE OF 4 POINTERS!

Cat :bravo:
Amanda :bravo:

For two days straight my poor kitty has gotten locked up somewhere. Day before yesterday he was in my office and I shut him in here for about 8 hours. He was sitting in my chair when I came in and then last night I heard a thump and a meow and he was locked in my closet! SOOOOOO, I went and bought him the cutest little red collar with little gray kitty paws on it and a nice red BELL! He was so funny when I finally was able to get it on him. He would shake his head to try and get the collar off making the bell ring and then he would look all over for where the sound was coming from. BUT.... we now know where he is all the time! Right now he is sitting in my window sill talking to the birds. My dd says, "yeah, he is talking all right, something like: Hi guys, if I could catch you I would eat you or bring you into the house in my mouth to show my owner!"

I met a new friend online that lives only a couple hours from me. We are planning on getting together at the casinos probably in June. It is so cool when I meet friends here or by way of my website. You ladies are my dearest sweetest friends of all!

Everyone have a great night.

Faye ;)

gma22
03-12-2004, 02:28 AM
FRIDAY: Today is Fabulous Lbs Down Friday! Did you lose this week?

Check in later ladies

Faye ;)

Satine
03-12-2004, 08:13 AM
Morning All

I was only down 1.5 pounds this week...it is better than nothing but I am used to more...I guess things are slowing down, but coming up real soon is TOM so it may be that....I hear normal safe weight loss is 1-2 pounds weekly....so I should be happy about the 1.5 pounds, so I am !!! :D

I had another 4 point day yesterday !!! Exercise and all .... and I was frozen solid the whole way...we ended up not walking as much as normal because it was like 39 degrees, brrrrrr ...

I am excited today because my little sister ( she is 19, I am 30 ) is coming to spend the evening with me and we are going to go out and eat ( something low fat for me of course ) and then do a little shopping. It is hard to get some time with her between college and boyfriend, ya know how that goes when you are that young... :lol:

Well I will check in later to see all of your pounds down!!!!!

Scuzin
03-12-2004, 11:02 AM
Hello...drumroll please...I am down...5.5 pounds. Can you believe it? I can harldy.
And its another 4 points for yesterday...that makes a solid week of 'em! I'm on fire! :flame:

Carri - have fun with your sister. I'm 20 and one of my older sisters is 32, almost the same age difference, but she is the closest person to me in the world!

Satine
03-12-2004, 11:47 AM
SUSAN - CONGRATS on the "5.5" pounds !!!!!! :cp: :cb: :hat: :cheer:
Great Job!!!! :flow2:

gma22
03-12-2004, 01:52 PM
lbs down so far: Susan 5.5 Carri 1.5 = 7 lbs

points so far:

Carri :bravo:

Carri: Have a grand time with your sister! I sure do miss mine and can't wait to see her in 3 more weeks. I haven't seen her in almost 2 years and we are really really close. We used to work at the same law firm, have lunch together everyday, and every Friday night the four of us had dinner together and or went to high school football games. Sure do miss that a bunch!

Well, got the nasty shopping all done and put away for another couple of weeks. As usual, I had to go to three stores to get everything, but it is all done now so I can quit griping and Jack didn't have to go with me. He hates to grocery shop but always goes with me without being asked.

I think I am going to nap for about an hour. It is tom and I have this whole thing that goes on. I don't take my progesterone for that week so I start having monsterous menopausal symptoms then add cramps in and a general feeling of ICK! I did go to the gym this morning and did a hard workout on the treadmill, cramps or not and walked all over the stores than dragged everything in and put it all away so I got lots and lots of exercise! You know I am feeling icky when I don't go and get my nails done! :lol:

You ladies have a great afternoon. I wonder what happened to ANNA? Maybe I can go back and find a post and get ahold of her.

cat90
03-12-2004, 03:59 PM
Hi Ladies :wave:

Susan WTG! 5.5lbs thats fantastic :bravo: you too Carri, Well Done :cp:

You can add me in with the losers Faye with a 4lbs loss this week :D

Only a 2pt day for me yesterday :rolleyes: would have been 4 but we had company and so i had a few drinks :cheers: Walked another 3mls this morning :dancer:

gma22
03-12-2004, 07:03 PM
Cat: you get :dancer: and great job on the loss

Total for those reporting in 11 lbs this week. SPECTACULAR:goodscale ! I don't weigh until Monday and who knows with TOM, I could be ballooned! :lol: I have been trying to stay away the scales so I don't become obsessed!

Everyone have a nice evening and I will check with you tomorrow. Have a funny those STUPID true Sunny Thoughts Saturday story to tell you that Jack told me last night so look forward to that!

Faye :mcd: :no: :workout: :yes:

gma22
03-13-2004, 06:45 AM
SATURDAY: Today is Sunny Thoughts Saturday. Do you have anything to share to make us smile?

**Here you go: Somewhere in the Atlanta area just a few days ago, a woman walked into Walmart, loaded her cart with approximately $1700 worth of things and went to check out. She gave the cashier a Walmart gift card, but when rung up, it had $3.50 on it. The cashier told her there was not enough on it to pay for the goods so she pulled a bill out of her purse and handed it over. It was a 1 million dollar bill with the Statue of Liberty where a president's face would be. The police were called when she made a fuss and wouldn't pay correctly and it was found that she had 2 more of the bills in her purse. The moral is: Make sure if you are going to pay with a gift card, it has enough on it, make sure if you are going to pay with phony money that the government MAKES that denomination and lastly Make sure the whole store has enough money to give you back your change! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: From the Truth is Stranger than Fiction Collection or the DUHHHHHHHHHHHH! Files

Amanda Panda
03-13-2004, 12:38 PM
Hi Guys!

WELL DONE CARRI AND SUSAN FOR YOUR WEIGHT LOSSES!!! :angel: :cp: :wizard: :cheer: :tread: :goodscale

I got 4 points yesterday - yeah me! :cheer:

Hope you are feeling better soon faye - i am in the same position and feel a bit :crazy: !!

See you tomorrow! ;)

Love Amanda xx

Scuzin
03-13-2004, 01:53 PM
Good Morning!
Its my TOM too, I find it quite funny that a lot of us have it at the same time.
My Sunny Thought is that I got to go to the beach last night! A group of us planned it all out and we drove out there (about an hour), ate sea food, and had a fire on the beach. We roated marshmallows (wich sadly turned out to be stale...but ok if you roasted long enough) and ate smores, and were out there really late. It was great. It was perfectly clear and the stars were fantastic.
Obviously I didn't get food points yesterday. I let pretty loose the 2nd half of the day so only 2 points for me.
oooo another sunny thought. CLASSES ARE OVER FOR THE TERM! I still have finals...but still.

Great job on the 4 points Amanda

Cat - Awesome work on the 4 pounds!

cat90
03-13-2004, 05:22 PM
Hi Everyone :wave:

Having a relaxing Saturday here :coffee2: whilst doing load after load of laundry. Let myself off easy this morning and only walked 2mls (hey, its saturday remember?) its a lovely day outside, has been all week just wish it was here to stay but unfortunately we are forecast showers for the coming week. My car could do with a good clean so maybe i'll do that this afternoon along with all the house cleaning i've got to do, think hubby would like me to go out and help with firewood really but i'm trying to avoid that one :lol:

Susan, your evening sounded really nice i'm glad you enjoyed it :D you know, i have'nt been to the beach for ages and its only a 10 minute drive away :rolleyes: is'nt it funny how when things are right at your doorstep you take them for granted :shrug: and don't bother about them? i can see the ocean from my window and reading your post made me think and go and take a good long look at it :)

gma22
03-13-2004, 08:47 PM
Amanda: you get :bravo: for points

For you beach ladies, always treasure it! I lived 2 places by the beach, Va Beach and San Diego. I can't "go" to the beach 'cause I burn like a piece of kindling, but I love to sit and look at it. Va Beach has a lovely lovely boardwalk with benches and such. Haven't lived there since 1984, but it is quite beautiful. Even here in ole Memphis, on northside blvd you are right at the river and it is quite beautiful to see. There are million $ houses perched up on a bluff that overlook the river (Cybill Sheppard lives in one of them and the movie The Firm was filmed in one of the rooftop restaurants there) and if I ever ever win lots of money I would love to own one of those homes. Sooooo, keep you fingers crossed that one of my slot machine pushes lands me on the bluff! :lol:

** NEED A ROMANTIC MOVIE THIS WEEKEND?** Rent "Under the Tuscan Sun." Whooooeeee are there some GREAT and I mean GREAT looking men in that movie! I really liked it. It was another of my netflix picks.

Well, you all have a great evening. I need to go and put on my thinking cap for tomorrows poll and it just came to me!

gma22
03-14-2004, 08:15 AM
SUNDAY: Today is Silly Poll Sunday and our Poll this week:

Do you believe in forever after love, love at first sight, etc, and do you believe you have found it?

I don't just believe in it, I KNOW I have found it!

Later ladies.

Faye ;)

Scuzin
03-14-2004, 01:23 PM
Good Morning
4 points for yesterday!
Poll - I of course believe that you can have a very long deeply loving relationship, however I myself don't believe in love at first sight or soul mates. Have I ever been in love? Yes, but...long story.

cat90
03-14-2004, 04:09 PM
Hi Ladies :wave:

Yeh, i believe that some people are just meant to be together..me and hubby are proof of that ;) engaged in our teens, went our separate ways then ran into each other 20yrs later and ended up marrying :lol: i'm not saying that the path of true love is always a smooth one tho' :rolleyes: :lol:

Spring cleaned my kitchen this morning and lovely it looks too :D pity that it won't stay that way for long :lol: Going out in a min to stack some firewood so i may take that as todays exercise ;) will be two 2pt days for me this weekend :shrug: ;)

Amanda Panda
03-14-2004, 04:15 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!! :hb:

My birthday has been a bit of a washout - I've been in bed with a stomach bug for most of the day - also got a call from the hospital saying that Nigel's mum has taken a turn for the worse and might die soon. :(

BUT..... Nigie bought me a HUGE box of gorgeous handmade chocolates and I am thoroughly enjoying tucking into them, diet or no diet, I'm not letting these babies go!!

Talking of last weeks poll about disrespectful children (and I said that my nephew and neice were a nightmare) - I spoke to my other nephew today and he was an absolute delight! He is almost 4 years old and is an absolute sweetheart - it made my day talking to him! My sister said I can come and visit them soon which I am really looking forward to1

Take care

Love Amanda xx

cat90
03-14-2004, 04:22 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMANDA :hb: :gift: :balloons:

Sorry, to hear that you are poorly :( and i don't blame you for hogging the chocs ;) i would too. Sorry about the bad news about Nige's Mum too :cry: Get Well Soon! You are the third person that has told me they have a stomach bug! :yikes: sometimes makes me glad that i'm not there :lol:

gma22
03-14-2004, 07:11 PM
Cat :dancer: :dancer:

:hat: :hb: :gift: :grouphug: :balloons: :encore: :bubbles:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO AMANDA!!!!!

Amanda: Prayers are with Nigel's mom! Our prayers are with you and Nigel too at this time! God Keep you in his loving care!

Faye :dizzy:

Scuzin
03-14-2004, 07:55 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMANDA :hb: :hat: :hyper: :twirly:
Prayers also for Nigel's mother

not much new to report except that I had a good work out at the gym and think I'll head out on my bike for bit and enjoy the setting sun. Have a good evening.

berrygirl
03-14-2004, 10:34 PM
Hi Everybody,
Remember me??? Judy from Texas. I have been MIA for a while now and have decided to come back, if ya'll will let me!
A lot has happened in the last month or so since I have posted. I was having blood pressure problems, went to the dr. and am getting that under control. I am working on my blood sugar control too, with some success. I have also gained a lot of weight back, unfortunately, I am back up to 305!!! For a while I just didn't care, but can't do that anymore, so I am starting all over again---again!
It is funny that today's poll is about the possibility of love at first sight. The most important thing that has happened to me is that I have met someone very special. Ed walked into the real estate office where I work looking for a rental home about a month ago. We have been together ever since!! We started talking in the office and clicked instantly. He came to my place that night and we talked all night long! My son thinks he is great, he thinks my son is great and he thinks I am pretty special too!! So I can answer the poll, yes I do believe in love at first sight, I believe it has happened to me!!
Will check in later,
Judy

Scuzin
03-15-2004, 05:35 AM
Welcome back Judy!!! Glad to see you.

I get 2 points for Sunday. I fell on food again. DAH! I'll get in a really good work out tomorrow...or...today....its kind 2:30 in the morning ;)

gma22
03-15-2004, 06:38 AM
MONDAY: Today is Mission Monday and we continue March Madness. For this week, let's try very hard to have 100$ of us with 4 pointers at least 5 days of 7 this week. We can do it girls, together!

Susan: you get :dancer: for points

Judy: Oh, I am so very very glad you came back and we are going to help you work hard to get back on track and take control of your life again. Hurray for you and Ed. Hope it works out well for both of you as I am sure it will!

Check back in a little later ladies!

Trouble_in_China
03-15-2004, 06:57 AM
Hello Ladies,

I'm alive, and doing pretty well, all things considered. I haven't been posting because I've been in the type of mood where you snap at everyone around you, and haven't wanted to inflict that on anyone. (Thanks for the checking up email, Faye. I really appreciated it.)

Also, some things are shaking up in China right now. Don't want to go too much into it right now.

Anyway, I've been keeping up with my running program. Last night I ran 20 minutes without stopping, and I felt wonderful afterwards! And I'm doing good with my water. So, I get two points! *grin*

I'll try and keep more involved, but with the way things are that might be more difficult that it seems right now.

Satine
03-15-2004, 08:17 AM
Welcome back Judy!! Glad to hear about your man...hope it works out, sounds great so far ... :love:

For Silly Sunday Poll - yes I believe in love lasting forever, but I dont know about the love at first sight biz - I know about "lust" at first sight :lol:
I think that is normally how it starts out, huh??? :smoking: ha!

AMANDA - Happy "Belated" B-day, hope it was a great one for you!!!
:wave: :hb: :hat:

I had two (3) point days over the weekend, stuck totally OP but no exercise, I used to have such hard times staying OP on weekends but now it is a peice of cake...mmmmmmmmmm, cake....JK :ink:

My dh and I had such a fun weekend together it is hard to come back to work, I know I should be thankful that I have a job but sometimes it is so hard to drag my big ol butt out of bed for it ... :yawn:

Have a good day ALL !!! :sunny:

gma22
03-15-2004, 09:59 AM
Anna: I like to keep up with me "funsters" if I have their addresses just to make sure they are ok! Glad that is so and hope you are safe!

Well, ole Faye took stock of herself this morning after climbing on the scales and discovering I have gone backwards pretty badly over the last couple months. I am no longer close to my 300 mark, but I have re-committed myself to doing so. I have gone back to writing everything down, journaling feelings etc and trying to keep my head on straight. I know everyone goes through rough periods, and I am trying not to beat myself up about it, but I have to work on the whys of eating again, stay out of restaurants and fix food at home. I am having no problem with water or exercise, just the food part so that is where I am going to get tough. You can have all the support in the world and it is very very important to have it, but you have to look within you and make you work and that is what I am going back to doing.

Everyone have a great day and I will check back in later.

Satine
03-15-2004, 10:13 AM
I am trying to attach something so if it doesnt work, I am sorry, if it does, it is hilarious, I am still laughing ....

Satine
03-15-2004, 10:14 AM
yeah it worked....I am not completely computer illiterate , ha ha

Sandybrat
03-15-2004, 11:35 AM
Well Faye i hear ya and am right there with u... starting over.... i am going to curves today and will be joining... i cant stand myself anymore...lol maybe i will actually meet some people!!!! On a brighter note...lol i have been doing alright with my water and food program... just not with exercising... after i get ds off to school i have to bring my other ds his shoes for gym class then i am going tanning... my appointment with curves is at 2pm... so i will workout right away then and then come home. I bought a new dryer last week.. man i never realized how bad my old one was...lol it take half the time to dry everything... so i am a happy camper...LOL I wish you all a happy and healthy day... i love you all and i need to rememeber that i do have friends and that you are all wonderful ladies. take care of u today
Sandy

jloo1957
03-15-2004, 11:38 AM
:) Hello Ladies....since Friday we have been down with a nasty virus....throwing up and running to the bathroom...I have one home today ...I guess it is going to go through all of us before it is over...so far I haven't had it but cleaning up from the kids has made me feel icky...I did manage to get my exercise and all saturday,the kids came home saturday afternoon,and every since then I have spent all my time looking after them...yesterday I did not do intentional exercise,but running around disinfecting everything sure wore me out ...and of course getting all the wash done ....phew...then at 3 this morning my youngest daughter woke up with it....I haven't had the stomach to eat much....kinda scared if I do I'll start throwing up...what a nasty thing to have ...poor kids..I'll be glad when it's over...it has been everywhere here...my hubby and I went to see the Passion For Christ...it was a really good movie,but very graphic...would not take children to see it though..well ladies I will check in later...take care...Joy :dizzy:

Mirabelly
03-15-2004, 12:15 PM
Hi everyone!
SOrry I've been MIA for so long........took a trip to Boston with my students to take a dance seminar and attend a concert by the Bellydance Superstars. Talk about motivating!! These ladies are some of the best dancers around, and they are so beautiful.....awe-inspiring is the word that springs to mind.

This is the first show I"ve seen in over 15 years that really made me want to be more serious with my dance. Actually get the practice time in.....I kept looking at those girls and saying to myself "I can do everything they're doing, but I don't LOOK LIKE THAT when I do it!" :lol:

SO, after 2 weeks of backsliding and depression over spring taking so long to get here, I'm refreshed! I have something else to focus on besides calories in and calories out. This is a good thing!

Looks like I missed alot while I was away from the computer....
Happy Belated birthday to Amanda!

Carrie.....you're slipping away from me! Time to give myself a kick in the butt...I'm so proud of you, though. Your steady progress is inspiring.

Who was it that lost 5.5 pounds last week?? Susan? WOO HOO to whoever it was!!

Well, guess I'd better get going...gotta go grocery shopping today. Was going to do it this morning but ended up changing a flat tire instead :stress:

Talk to you all later,
Julie

Satine
03-15-2004, 01:09 PM
Thanks Julie, that is so nice of you to say....I do feel really good for the first time in a long time...I now know that 199 is within my grasp...I have not weighed this low in about 3 or 4 years so I am very excited...You are not far off from me though and once we hit "Onederland" together we will have to celebrate, bigtime!!! :)

gma22
03-15-2004, 01:29 PM
EVERYONE IS DOING MAAAHHHHVELOUS, DAHLINGS! I am very proud of all of you. This is hard work because it involves changing things deep within our brains that have been set there in stone so I commend all of you.

POINTS TODAY SO FAR:

Anna :dancer:
Carri :cp: :cp: You will be in the 100's before you know it!

I entered a contest where the winner gets housecleaning for a year, now why would I do that? I cannot imagine myself letting someone come in and clean every week for me! lol Maybe I can get them to do the cleaning and then I can tackle other stuff like windows and such, who knows? I am your basic, "clean the house before the housekeeper gets here so she won't think your dirty" kind of person. Maybe I will win the other prizes one of which is $100 Petco certificate, which I can always use. Pet food alone costs me about $35 a month and I have two SMALL animals!

You ladies all have a great afternoon and remember shoot for FOUR today!

cat90
03-15-2004, 04:46 PM
Hi Everyone :wave:

:goodluck: with the contest Faye ;) i'm just like you..i would want to clean before the cleaner too :lol:

I won't be getting a 4 pointer today as i've had a pretty stressful morning trying to fix the cable box :stress: the channel changes on the box but not on the tv :?: so i had to unhook everything, put new cables on and try again :rolleyes: i thought i'd solved the problem yesterday but it started again today :rollpin: i'm not much in the mood for exercising either :rolleyes: the weather is'nt very nice, the house is'nt very warm and i'm not in a very good mood :lol:

Amanda Panda
03-15-2004, 05:14 PM
Hi all!

Thanks for the birthday wishes and prayers for Nigel's mum. We are going to visit her tomorrow.

Faye - thanks for the e-card, it was lovely!

JUDY - welcome back!

Can't stop I'm afraid

Love Amanda xxx

Scuzin
03-15-2004, 05:18 PM
Hello
My my its been busy around here today
I did some extra time at the gym like I said I would to try to work off those brownies from last night!

Welcome welcome welcome back to everyone!

gma22
03-16-2004, 06:25 AM
TUESDAY: Today is Target Tuesday. Our target this week is working to get 100% 4 pointers for the group for 5 days out of 7.

later girlies!

Mirabelly
03-16-2004, 07:56 AM
Morning lovelies,
3 points yesterday......not enough water. I'll work extra hard today to get all those points.

We're supposed to get a big snow storm today and tomorrow....sigh. My sinuses hurt, so it's probably true. Guess I gotta tell the kids to put their bikes back in the garage.

Hope everyone has a great day. I have tons of sewing to do, so I probably won't be back on today.

:grouphug:
Julie

Satine
03-16-2004, 08:20 AM
Hi everyone...I had a 4 pointer yesterday...and froze my butt off outside walking :lol:
Today will be another story, I woke up to snow this morning, alot of it...and it is still going, probably wont be too much when all is said and done but I dont want any of it :flow1: I want the warm sun back....well if any of you know Indiana you know this will be gone probably tomorrow with a high of 50, one extreme to the next around here....what are ya gonna do??

You know what I have been noticing ( everywhere, not just this thread ), we can all come up with a ton of excuses as to why we didnt have an OP day - I have been guilty of this too, I just think it is odd that we will come up with anything to justify going off program...just an observation.. think about it ...
Food for thought ( no calories or fat, ha ) :goodvibes

Check in later ....

Sandybrat
03-16-2004, 08:33 AM
Well Good Morning BEAUTIFULS!! I had a 4 point dsay yesterday... i joined Curves... and going today for my first workout... and i feel wonderful about it... The sun is shining today and hopefully it wont be too cold... i have spring fever so badly... this time of year is always hard for me... Well... i wish u all a happy and healthy day... i love you all and i want to thank you for being my support... take care of u
Sandy

Scuzin
03-16-2004, 09:09 AM
Good Morning
2 points for me.
Its 6am here...I haven't been up this early in ages...I don't Have to be...BUT, I've leaving at 8 and I wanted to get to the gym. I'm going on a little trip today. I'll let you know where to later because even I don't know yet!
Have a great day

gma22
03-16-2004, 09:31 AM
:) TOP OF THE MORNING TO YA AND HERE'S THE POINTS:

Julie :cp:
Carri:bravo:
SandyB :bravo:
Faye :bravo:
Susan :dancer:

:drill: All right girls, you have the opportunity to kick butt today so let's do it. I want 4 pointers from EVERYONE tomorrow. No excuses, just good old fashioned hard work.

I wrote something in my journal this morning and it is very true. I wrote, "It is very hard to keep my mouth shut." I am working on keeping my mouth shut. Working on not giving in to urges that do go away if you wait them out. Be strong girls and try hard to keep your mouth shut today! You will be glad you did!

Faye ;)

Trouble_in_China
03-17-2004, 03:09 AM
Oh gah, is it Saint Patrick's Day? I didn't notice! *blush*

Hmm... 2 points. Sorry Faye, I don't have an eating plan so I can't exactly eat on plan. *hangs head in shame* Now I ruined it for EVERYONE!

However, I have really killed my caffeine cravings that I was strugling with so much before. I sometimes get cravings, but I realized I'm craving carbonation right now, not caffeine. So, I'm coping. I haven't had caffeine since... um... gah, the last time I got ticked with myself for having it, actually. My friends at home would be shocked.

Well, I got 2 points yesterday for water and for my running. Cuz me, I kick butt and take names!

gma22
03-17-2004, 07:43 AM
DO NOT POST HERE, THE SAINT PADDIE'S PARTY IS AT #59