Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2004, 09:42 PM   #1  

Default I dont know what to do

I started WW about a month ago and it doesnt seem to be going to well for me. I eat all/most of my allotted points for the day and occasionally use my flex points if i go out to dinner. I have hardly lost one lb and im gettin frustrused. i dont know if i should just try something else
Old 03-09-2004, 10:57 PM   #2  

There could be many problems. Do you exercise? If not, you may need to. If you do, you may need to eat more pts for your body to lose. Are you using your pts on healthy choices? You may need to look at that- eat less fat, more fiber. Or you may not be eating enough fat, you need fat to live and be healthy. You may need to use more flex pts. Maybe you could share a day or two of menus and activity and your stats and we could help!
Old 03-10-2004, 08:56 AM   #3  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Since WW doesn't specifically say you need to eat certain foods, some people read that as you can eat anything as long as you stay in your points. If you are still not making healthy choices and getting in your fruits/veggies/calcium, etc., then you aren't going to lose the weight.

Also, like Tara said, are you exercising? Take your food journal to your leader and ask for recommendations.
Old 03-10-2004, 10:42 AM   #4  
Cowboy Up Chick

Sounds to me like you are not eating enough! W/W program is designed for people to lose by eating up to all the points each week. This means your TPs are your bare minimum a day and you need to eat this much daily...plus your FPs. Most of us find we lose better eating more points.

I know this goes against the DIET MENTALITY but research has proven if you don't give your body what it needs then it will rebel, slow the metabolism and you won't lose and possibly even gain!
Old 03-10-2004, 04:12 PM   #5  

I agree with Kelly S. If you don't use all of your target points DAILY, then your body will go into a starvation mode, and will be stored as fat. That is why we are allowed 35 flex points weekly. I only have 20 TP daily, however, it is very unusual if I don't use some of my flex points everyday. I also walk for an hour daily which gives me 3 extra points to use for food if I want. Exercise is crucial in order to lose and keep the weight off. Find some activity you enjoy, and plan on trying to do that activity as often as you can each week. Once you get used to doing some exercise, you begin to feel "bad" if you don't incorporate into your daily life.
Good Luck!
Carol
Old 03-10-2004, 09:35 PM   #6  

How about if you post your journal here and people make suggestions? I've had a hard time eating my target range and things haven't gone well recently, so I'm making more of an effort to get all the points this week and have been pushing to add in some FPs. We'll see how it goes, and probably will take more than one week to see a change, but perhaps getting an idea of what you're eating will help people to make suggestions.
Old 03-11-2004, 06:56 PM   #7  

Leish737

I was told by my weight watcher leader that if you eat alot of frozen dinners that they pack alot of sodium. I guess the sodium will help you to retain water.. I wish you luck.

Darlininpa
Old 03-11-2004, 08:14 PM   #8  
GmaTo8

Darlininpa - I agree with that!! When I have one, I drink 2-3 cups of extra water, or my rings won't move!
Old 03-12-2004, 12:19 PM   #9  

Well i am exercising, like an hour a day walking/running. I think its hard for me because i am in college and have only the choice to eat that they serve at the caffeteria. I end up eating usually fruit or granola bar for breakfast, then tuna and banana for lunch and whatever i can find thats ok to eat for dinner. Im not a big snacker so sometimes i do have extra points left over but try to eat fruits to finish up my points for the day. Its just frustrating when u want to loose and your not. I noticed someone said soemthing about eating the frozen means i only eat the weight watchers ones usually for lunch on the weekends because i only have 1/2 hr lunch break.

Last edited by leish737; 03-12-2004 at 12:21 PM.
Old 03-12-2004, 12:56 PM   #10  
Cowboy Up Chick

I still think with your level of activity you ARE NOT EATING ENOUGH! You probably need to eat more than you are. I know it is hard with what they server in the cafeteria but find other things to eat and try to eat more balanced or higher carb or higher protein based on the points pies!
Old 03-12-2004, 03:14 PM   #11  

You may need more pts just because of your busy lifestyle- college can be hectic! Give it a try. I remember cafeteria food- at least you are smart and are paying attention to eating healthy. Way to go!
Closed Thread