Support Groups - Stay at home moms #134

View Full Version : Stay at home moms #134

need2losemore
03-09-2004, 08:34 PM
Welcome to a thread devoted to women who have the priviledge of taking care of our families while winning the battle to control our weight and have better health! Feel free to join right in! We look forward to getting to know you better! :lol:

mompen
03-09-2004, 08:35 PM
Just wanted to laugh......
Candy,

My hubby calls it "lovin' " too :rofl: :rofl:

Chubba
03-09-2004, 09:38 PM
:lol3: Too funny Candy!

Thanks for the wallet/makeup bag idea.

TTYL!

mompen
03-10-2004, 09:33 AM
Hi Ladies ! How is everyone doing? :coffee:

I bought the Crunch Fat Burning Pilates DVD last night from Wal-Mart. It is the first time I have ever done Pilates. I have to say I enjoyed it. I have not been working out like I should and I love working out. It makes me feel great.

I have to catch up on some of hubby's bookwork so I will check back in later :)

Have a great Humpday,
Penny

meltin
03-10-2004, 09:37 AM
Spryng - Mona Lisa Smile! Loved it. It is nice to know that they still make good movies. Hope the fever clears. DH has to go with me when we get shots.

Andrea, Candy - I am going to continue with the nursing. He is not really biting, but it seems like he is tugging harder. Had dinner with the family last night and my SIL has a 10 week old and 2 1/2 year old. She goes back to work next week. She didn't even try to breastfeed her kids b/c she was going to go back to work. I know it does not work for all, but she could have tried. Of course, I have not told her that myself. Feels good to get it out.

Geri - I agree that the older we get the more fun. I am 29 but looking forward to the years to come. My mom is 53 and she could pass for early 40's, good Asian genes. Hope I get some of them.

JW is taking his nap early today, so I missed the morning aerobics class. Planning on getting a workout this afternoon. Have a great day ladies!

My sister and BIL who live in Philly are making a suprise visit this weekend. DH and I are the only ones that know and we are picking them up from the airport. Had to tell someone.

Melinda

spryng
03-10-2004, 09:53 AM
Good morning all!
Melinda, I did love Mona Lisa Smile. A very neat story. I loved all the younger women's acting, they are all the future oscar winners someday. And sorry that the fact that your SIL never wanted to breast feed gets to you. Some women just don't want to do it for various reasons. I tried with Ava but she was only 5 lbs 2 oz born at full term and when we brought her home from the hospital she was 4 lbs 11 oz and was too small to latch on, she started losing more weight so just after 5 days of trying we had to put her on formula and I never tried again with my other two because I went into a bad postpartum depression after that incidence because I felt like a failure. And now I am happy with my choice, it made night time feedings easier because DH could do it too and we could get some extra sleep and had him feeling like he was part of the process and it didn't ruin my breasts. I know that is vain, lol, but I've seen what breast feeding can do to breasts and in most cases it isn't pretty :) So I think it is wonderful when women can breastfeed or pump, it really is the best, but I also think highly of the women who can't or won't. But that is just my 2 cents, lol. I hope you have a great time with your sister and BIL this weekend! Sounds exciting! How long will they be in?
Penny, I have The Crunch Pilates too. Is it the one with the 10 minute segments for abs, butt, and thighs?? That is the one I have and I love it!! It also has a 10 min total body workout too which I've only done once. But I love to to all three other segments for a nice 30 min workout. Let us know how you like it.
Geri, you could also put in a gift card in your purse, or maybe a couple small but really cute picture frames. But candles are a great idea because women love beautiful candles. At least I do :)
I can't remember what everyone wrote on the last thread. Sorry. Ricci, thanks for starting the new thread but you forgot to post your own post. How are you doing??
Well, we had garlic and herb baked chicken last night with red beans and rice and broccoli for the sides and it was very good! I didn't realize that red beans and rice was so low in pts! I love that. Plus lots of good protein and fiber in it. I have no clue what is for dinner tonight. I'm trying to use what I have in the pantry and in the freezers before I go shopping. I'll have to go check it out and see. I know I have some skinless, boneless chicken thighs, so maybe something with that in it.
So I'm sticking around the house today getting some cleaning done and some laundry caught up. That is a never ending battle for me. I hate laundry so much. :devil: lol. But it is something that has to be done until public nudity is accepted, lol. ok, TTYL!

Chubba
03-10-2004, 10:15 AM
Good morning ladies,

Spryng, like the picture frame idea. They have some really neat ones out there that are small .. the purse isn't all that big so that would work. So would a gift card.

Melinda, I didn't try to breastfeed at all. It just wasn't for me ... the whole idea of it turned me off. Spryng, there's already no hope for my breasts...breastfeeding or not :lol: . I have a lot of respect for anyone who breastfeeds and I know that there's a different kind of bond there, but you can really build a strong one when bottle feeding too. :) I guess I didn't do anything the "natural" way as both were also c sections. Will was breech and Tony's was my choice, but that actually worked in our favor because it turned out Tony's cord was around his neck which could have been a huge problem had I had him naturally. :(

I didn't get a workout in this morning either. Just didn't feel like it. I have to run to the jewelry store to pick up a ring that I had repaired (lost a stone somewhere :( ) then I have a haircut this afternoon so have to get the kiddies lunch and to my Mom's so she can watch them. I'll get on the treadmill or something tonight after Dh gets home.

I'll have to rent Mona Lisa Smiles. I always like Julia Robert's movies and a good chick flick is always nice.

Hi Ricci, Candy, Andrea, Penny (glad you like your Pilates), Ginny, Jackie...anyone I may have missed. Tony's bugging me to play so I have to go.

TTYL

meltin
03-10-2004, 10:42 AM
Spryng, Geri - I have no idea what kind of shape my breast will be in after nursing. I have increased two cups sizes, C to E. My Dh has said that I can have a reduction if they don't go down. I can't jump in aerobics like I could before. But we all go thru changes. Didn't mean to be offensive to anyone. It really is a personal choice. lol

Melinda

ECmom
03-10-2004, 10:57 AM
Just a short hello.....this cold is kicking me a bit and I have a full plate this am. Slept in, hoping that maybe the extra rest would help. Who knows??????

Melinda- once you are done nursing, you will most likely go back to very near the cup size you were.....I really do not notice much of a change, and I nursed all 3 of mine.

Spryng- glad the movie was good and that you are feeling better today. Hang in there with all the house work, gosh it sure does seem unending at times!!!!!! Can you hang out the laundry? I know it is more work, but for me at times the act of doing so (and catching some sun) does wonders. But your family is younger than mine also......aw, just an idea.

Geri- sounds like you have a busy day on tap too. Hope it goes well and you get that workout in.

Penny- welcome back!!!!!! Glad you like your new video.

Ricci-thanks for starting a new thread.

Guess I'd better go- I am sort of taking it slow today.....well slow for me! Have a good day.
Ginny

spryng
03-10-2004, 11:00 AM
Oh no Melinda, you weren't being offensive at all! :) I know people feel strongly about breastfeeind vs bottle feeding and that is just fine with me. We are allowed our opinions. And yes, are bodies go through so many changes with pregnancy and after. Your breasts will shrink when you wean so you probably won't need a reduction. I loved having larger breasts when I was pregnant, drying up for me was the most painful thing ever. I swelled to a size DD and that is huge since I barely fit into a B before getting pregnant and they hurt so much. I don't want to go through that again. But I know it is easier for those who have been breastfeeding for a while and gradually cut back. But don't ever worry about offending me or most of us here. It's so great that you are able to give your child the best milk out there and I wasn't trying to make you feel bad earlier, sorry if it came off that way. I know you are a great mother, and that is what we are all trying to be here, the best we can be. :)
Geri, enjoy your haircut!! I haven't had one since Feb of last year!!!! I need one really bad too. A trim at least.
Well my living room looks nice but I am itching to rearrange the furniture for some reason. I know it's impossible because everything is so heavy. Guess I'll have to wait until DH comes home on the 19th. We are putting up a wall when he comes home too and doing some light painting. As most of you know we moved our kitchen and laundry rooms around a few months after moving in here. The kitchen used to be TINY and our laundry room was in the dining room and was quite large so we switched rooms. Now we have a nice sized kitchen/dining room and a nice sized laundry room, but the laundry room is open to the kitchen so we want to put a wall up and close it off (put in a door of course) and that would make it look tidier, and we would also need to paint the new wall and surrounding walls. I'm looking forward to it. I told my Dh last time he left that the next time he came in we would complete that laundry room. And when the wall goes up it will create a little nook for a desk and computer so I can get it out of my bedroom at last. All this year I want to work on this house. Since we bought the van we decided we'd stay here for a few more years therefore I want this house more to my liking. My bedroom used to be a family room so we had to put up closets and they aren't finishes. We need to finish the frames around them and put up doors. I also want to redo the living room walls (new sheetrock, molding, etc) and paint it, finish off the laundry room, expand the bathroom and tile it, etc. So I want to try and do one project about every other visit DH gets to come home. So I guess one project a month. Maybe by the end of the year our house will look like my home I always wanted to create in the space I have available. We'll see.
Well, I need to get off of here. Hope everyone is having a great day!

spryng
03-10-2004, 11:03 AM
Ginny, you snuck in on me! lol. Hope that extra rest you got helps your cold. I would love to hang dry my clothes, it really would help me get it done and put away. But I don't have a line or pins. Maybe I can get some this friday. I actually brought that up to my Dh not long ago and he though I was crazy for wanting to hang dry clothes. But growing up we never had a dryer so we hung everything outside and it was wonderful to do in the spring and early summer when the weather was so perfect. And we'd fold it as we took it off the line so it got put away as soon as we went inside. Wow, that really makes me want a clothes line, lol. Well, I hope you have a good day too despite feeling crummy. TTYL!

Chubba
03-10-2004, 11:08 AM
Melinda, no offense taken!!

I love to hang clothes outside...but right now they would freeze!! Come on spring!

OK, gotta get moving! Ginny, hope you're feeling better soon!

need2losemore
03-10-2004, 11:47 AM
Good morning all,
Spryng, I didn't forget to post my reply, Just when I was going to, my youngest ds started screaming, so I went to see why,came back, and dh was on ebay. Oh well. I did my aerobics this morning, but I didn't even sweat. I got my heart rate up though, and hoping I burned something off. I have noticed since starting my pilates that my stomach is getting flatter. After only 3 weeks. Now if I can just get rid of these streach marks. How did that cream work, Spryng?
Ginny, I hope you get feeling better. Melinda, I too have great respect for any woman who breast feeds. Both of mine refused to latch on. Tried for a couple of days with each one, wasn't working. But, to each theri own. Hi to Geri, Andrea, Candy,Misty and anyone I may have missed

mompen
03-10-2004, 12:22 PM
Ok, I have to put my 5 cents in too :)

I breastfed my oldest son and now my youngest son. My middle child was difficult when he was born....... and come to think of it......

He has never changed..... :lol: :rofl: :lol3:

Be back later when Andrew is not fussing to go nighty nite!

I just had a stupid question that I have been wondering about with other SAHM's .....

Do you where make-up everyday?

I do only when I am going somewhere but I was curious ???

Penny :)

ECmom
03-10-2004, 12:28 PM
Hi!
Thanks for all the good wishes....came online because I forgot to renew something at the library web site.

Penny- to answer your question, I wear makeup most of the time- feel rather naked without it. How about you?

Spryng- well it sure is the time of year to move furniture.....I am notorious for doing so- a cheap way to redecorate!!!!! Hope your patience holds out for another week.

Ricc- congrats on your stomach getting flatter....maybe I should try Pilates?

Geri- I have done the frozen wash thing....thought I would get a jump start on spring. actually for the first 3 years we were married we had no dryer (until Dh installed one in the house) boy that was interesting with NY winters!!!!

Off for another cup of tea......it is all that is keeping me alive today.
See ya
Ginny

spryng
03-10-2004, 01:07 PM
Here I am again! :)
Ginny, you feeling better as the day goes on? How do you hang dry in a NY winter?? They actually dry when it is that cold outside??
Penny, I LOVE my makeup. It is my one luxury. I do wear it just about every day. If I take a shower in the morning and am not going anywhere I may just wear my moisterizer and that is all, but I usually always have makeup on.
Ricci, I don't know if the stretch mark cream is working or not because I forget to use it everyday. I'm going to try and make myself put it on everyday and pay attention. But it's hard to tell with my stomach reshaping because of losing weight and working out and they are so old anyway. But I'll try to get you better results. If you check it out on epinions.com alot of women swear it has helped their marks get better. So I know it has the potential to work if I would just get consistant. And congrats on your stomach getting flatter! I've been noticing mine doing the same. When they say pilates sculpts your body slim I think they are right!! I just love how my abs and thighs are changing. And I don't even do it very often!! BTW, what are your stats??
Well, lunch was a grilled cheese sandwich and some fat free pringles, dinner will be leftover spaghetti, I'll just have to cook some more noodles but I have plenty of sauce leftover. Tomorrow I have to go grocery shopping. I went through my pantry and freezers and they are so bare and what little meat is in the freezers look very old and freezer burned. So I just need to go grocery shopping. I'm looking for very easy and cheap meals to make this next week. Any ideas?? well they don't have to be that easy to make, just cheap on ingrediants. We had a big bill come out this week which leaves very little for groceries so I'm trying to find some cheap meals. So any ideas would be great!! What is everyone else having tonight?
Ok, got to get off of here. TTYL!

mompen
03-10-2004, 01:16 PM
Spyng,

I don't know of any cheap meals. I have bought the Rostiere Chicken from Wal-Mart already cooked. $3.97 here and yesterday I had a coupon for one from Winn Dixie for 2.00. I am a coupon freak! LOL

I also make homemade pizza with the crust you have to make. It is pretty cheap.

Hummm...... I am not much help today :( Sorry!

I am also curious about drying clothes in the cold! Louisiana has such crazy weather I can put my clothes outside in the sun and ten minutes later it is raining :dizzy:

I use the Avon Stretch Mark smoother and the Cellulite Cream. I like it and think it works on my road map stomach!

meltin
03-10-2004, 03:21 PM
Good idea on drying the clothes outside. The weather is great for that in SC. We had an extra dryer b/c before we got married we both had one. Anyway, I thought the one at our house was shrinking clothes. We gave that one away and the other one isn't any better. I have to use it two times on each load. It is electric which I think is the reason it takes so long. I am going to get DH to put up a line this weekend. I'll see what he says.

Ginny - Great on the workouts. I will have to do pilates or get a tape. The gym times are in the afternoon.

My bf has been trying to have a baby for about 2 years. They are going to try IVF. I so want her to be pregnant. She has really had a hard time with mil pressure and her father passed away a year ago. Anyway, I found out another friend is pregnant. BF actually threw the shower on Sunday for her SIL. It almost brings me to tears everytime I think about it. All she has wanted was to get married and have kids. I didn't even know if I wanted them for sure and thought the endometris would be a problem. Love JW to pieces and would love 2-3 more. I never imagined she would be the one with all the fertility issues. Anyway once again feels good to get it off my chest.

Thanks for the support on the nursing. Had a bad experience at Wal-mart with the cashier not letting us use the coupons, called manager all that kind of stuff. Sorry not to get personal, brain dead.

I don't see a workout in my future today. Will down the water though.

Melinda

candybar74
03-10-2004, 04:00 PM
Hey all, had to go back to the dr this morning for ear infection. They gave me a shot in the booty, hip really, and a stronger antibiotic and some pain pills and a decongestant. The dr said it is the worst ear infection he has ever seen. I was mad at first but by the time the dr got to me I was crying. I am not a cryer so it was embarrassing but the pain has been so intense for 3 days I just couldn't take it anymore. So he gave me lots of free samples and was super nice. I then went and got my address (I have an address!!!) and then went and got my zoning permit so now we can finally get our building permit! So, I am zapped.

This place has been busy today!!! I'll put in my 2 cents on the breastfeeding...my son wouldn't latch on, it would take 15 to 20 minutes each boob everytime for the first month. We would be soaked because of course the milk came down. DD sucked so hard I had spasms of pain that ran all the way through to my back. With both, at 10 days old I got breast infections, ran a fever of 105 and had at least 6 more infections by the time they were 6 months old. I bf both until 16 months. The first 6 months were torture but totally worth it and I didn't feel I had any other choice. Just couldn't imagine giving my baby formula. Plus my SIL formula fed both my nieces and had tons of problems with colic and such. And it was soooo easy at night. Dh would get the baby and we would nurse in bed and we'd both fall back alseep until it was time to switch boobs then I'd roll over and we'd fall back asleep until next feeding time. Oh, this has got me wanting another one soooo bad!!! Anyways, I'm all for it but understand for those who aren't. But you can never tell me bottle feeding is easier. No way!!!

Ok, cheap dinners...pasta is cheap. I like the rotisserie chicken idea because that could be a meal one night with sides and then the next night you use the leftovers to make chicken and rice burritos. Yummy! (Of course now I eat them with rice and beans, equally yummy!) Nachos are a favorite of my kids and you could also do taco salad. Just some ideas. Don't know how cheap they are. Since I started with the raw thing, my grocery bill is way higher but the kids and I never eat out anymore during the week and we actually eat all the food instead of letting some go to waste so I think it is a good trade off.

Hope everyone got in their exercise. I can't right now but will be back to it soon!!! Oh and Spryng, the Pig Pickin is a bbq contest. DH placed 11th out of 70 with his ribs one year. I think they are only doing whole hog this year. I am not going. They used to get free tickets for family but this year I would have to pay and it wouldn't be worth it since I wouldn't be eating. My cousin is coming up though so it will be nice to see her and her husband.

Ginny, I sure home you get to feeling better. Lots and lots of vitamin C!!! Not that I should be telling anyone how to get better...I'm a mess!!! I know what to do, just don't necessarily do it! :)

Hi to everyone else and thanks Ricci for starting the new thread. Told you we wait for you! I'll try to get more personal later!

spryng
03-10-2004, 04:04 PM
Tanner just didn't want a nap today, I finally got him down. Now for some "me" time :)
Melinda, that is how it was for my best friend also. She tried for way over a year to get pregnant and it just wasn't happening. But she is also 5'7" and weighs about 90-95 lbs. So she was super thin. Well she still is. She is 35 weeks along now. And she is only 110 lbs!! And it's all belly. So cute :) But I know how your heart goes out to the ones you love that struggle to have kids. I get pregnant very easily (too easily obviousy, lol) and carry them without any problems and labor and delivery are always so easy for me. So I am hoping things go great for her and I can't wait until she has this little girl!!!
Penny, I can't believe how much we have in common!! I use that same cream! Well, sporadically anyway. But that is too funny. How has it changed your stretch marks? Made them lighter? Shrank them? I'm not sure what I am looking for with it. Were yours silver already when you began using it? or red still? Mine are all silver and I want them to look transparent. I know they will never dissapear this side of a miracle but smaller and more the color of my own skin would be great. The already cooked chicken from walmart sounds great! I never think to look in that section for meals, and that is a great price. Maybe I'll try one of those this week. Homemade pizza sounds good too. I love to buy french bread and cut it in half length wise and make pizza out of it but I have no idea what the points would be per slice. Anyone know?
Well, I guess I will get off of here and roam the WW page. TTYL!

mompen
03-10-2004, 08:54 PM
Candy ~ Sorry you got the shot but glad that they finally got you some good stuff!

Which reminds me, I have to bring Andrew in soon for them to test his blood. When he was in the hospital they found he is anmenic (how the heck do you spell that?!) Anyhow, he is on a iron med 2x daily and his kidney infection medicine. My poor baby, I feel so bad b/c my kids have never had any type of problems but It could be worse! I am just praying for no surgery. We have to go back in two more months to find out. I want to wean him but then I want to keep feeding him incase he has the surgery. I think the comfort would help him through it. He absoutely loves :love: :love: nursing.

Anyway,
Food ideas once again.......
I love :love: doing taco salad. I buy the baked doritos and everyone loves them with the salad! I also like making the homemade mac n cheese with cubed ham. Can you tell I love carbs! I am wanting to start incorporating some carbs back into my diet, which I did tonight. And try and just eat healthy and have some just not as much as I did before.

We had Impossible Cheeseburger Pie tonight off the Reduced Fat Bisquick Box. It was really good. I have also made the Chicken pot pie off there too!

All this food is making me hungry again :hungry:

To answer the stretch mark question. All my stretch marks are now the same color as my skin but they are still pretty big.

And the pilates, Spryng, you must have the pick your spot pilates. I bought the Fat Burning pilates. They do half the workout standing pilates with aerobics and the second half is floor pilates! I love it and did it again today! :)

Have a great one,
I will check back in later :)
Penny

Chubba
03-10-2004, 09:58 PM
Good evening all,

Penny, hope all goes well with Andrew...it's such a bummer when the little ones have to take meds. I'm so blessed to have 2 healthy boys (so far :) ).

Spryng, cheap meals....pasta is the best one but you just had spaghetti. Nachos or taco salad is a great suggestion, any of the morningstar farms stuff because you can feed all 4 of you on 1 box and have some veggies or pasta or salad on the side. BTW I got the fajita burgers....not near as good as the pizza burgers :( . I was kind of disappointed. We eat a lot of chicken breasts because you can buy them by the 4 lb bag now and I cut the big ones in half. Chicken legs and thighs are cheap also...just take the skin off :D. I always have a hard time coming up with dinners. Seems we always eat the same. Tonight was BLTs and soup. I had tomato soup with my sandwich. You know...breakfast makes a very inexpensive supper and the kids usually love it...eggs or french toast or pancakes...not great for your diet but inexpensive for the kiddies.

Candy I hope you finally have meds that will work for you! What shot did they give you? Was it an antibiotic? I don't blame you one bit for crying. HOw the heck are you supposed to get everything done for work, the kids, the new house (congrats on the address by the way :D ) when you feel like absolute s :tape: t !!

Melinda...I want to hang clothes out so bad right now :cry:. They say it got up to 49 today but it was so windy that it was cold. We went for 1 walk around the subdivision and my hands were freezing. That was my first workout of the day...pushing both kids (now about 65 lbs) plus the stroller...when I got to the hill I didn't think I was going to make it :lol: . Anyway tomorrow it's supposed to be about 32 and raining/snowing....WINTER'S BACK :( . Maybe I'll head on down to SC for a bit!! Sorry you had a rough time at Walmart...did you win??

Penny, makeup? I won't leave home without it! I feel like such a total slob if I don't put it on even if I'm not going anywhere...but now that I'm home there are days I just put on moisturizer. I don't wear much anyway...foundation, concealer (under eyes) mascara and a little blush. I've run into my gf at the grocery store on the weekends...no makeup and flat hair and I always think she looks horrible...but then again who is she trying to impress?? Vanity :D

Hi Ricci! Glad your tummy is getting flatter. I should do the pilates more often than I do. I've gotten hooked on the WATP and usually only do them when I don't have time to do the 3 mi walk.

Ginny, sure hope you get over the cold quickly!

Tonight I did the treadmill for my workout. Even ran for 2 minutes straight :eek: . Had to make up for the 2 mini baby ruths and a cookie I had for dessert tonight. Wanted some sugar and ... you guessed it...was at my Mom's this afternoon! I don't buy that crap! :lol: It was there...so I ate it. Oh well. :cookie: :hungry: :eating2:

Hi to Andrea and anyone else out there. Have a great night everyone.

candybar74
03-10-2004, 10:24 PM
Geri, you would have to talk about french toast!!! :eating2: OOOOH! I love french toast and haven't had any in ages. You would have to remind me about it!!! I'll be thinking about you when I eat it which will be soon, I'm sure!!! Congrats on getting your exercise. And yes, the shot was antibiotic. I am feeling a little light in the head now but no pain, thank goodness!!! I got fussed at a little at the staff meeting and my response on all accounts was, "I'll try to do better." I'm not sure how much longer they will put up with that. They've only been hearing it for almost 5 years!!! They are way too patient.

As for the make-up poll, I'm that pale-faced ponytailed girl that Geri thinks bad things about!!! :lol: I usually only wear make up when I go out for a special time with DH and occasionally to my meetings though I rarely have time to put it on. I do put lotion on my face and that's about it. I had eczema really bad from the time I was a young teenager on and the make up always just seemed to make it the dry, cracked skin look worse so I just never developed the habit. I do like "Bare Essentials" the mineral make up and that is what I use when I use it.

Penny sorry the baby was anemic. Does he like peas? They are actually pretty good for iron. Hope the meds are working. I hate when the poor babies have to get stuck!

Spryng, figured out what your gonna buy for dinner yet?

Ok, ??? for all you "hang the clothes out" girls. I tried it back when Sean was a baby to save money but my clothes were always stinky. We didn't have a dog then but they kind smelled like dog. Does anyone else have that problem or is it just Charleston??? I used fabric softner in the wash but they never smelled good so I quit doing it. Besides that it was just too much with work and a new baby. But I would like to do it now, if for no other reason than just to be outside but I don't have a line anymore. :(

Thanks for all the get well wishes. I am doing much better now, even if it is just the pain meds making me feel "GOOD"!!! :dizzy: I actually fixed dinner tonight, veggie lasagna and french bread. Sean set the table and fixed the salads all by himself. He put the romaine and spinach in the bowls. Then fished out the greek olives from the jar and put them in the bowl and then put in the sprouts. I topped it with feta cheese. I was really proud of him. :smug: He had unloaded the silverware from the dishwasher before doing that. He was a good helper tonight.

Well, I'm off. Hope everyone had a good night! Talk to you tomorrow!

mompen
03-10-2004, 11:24 PM
Hi Ladies,
Wanted to post real quick before heading off for the night. But now I hear Andrew fussing so I might be up a little longer..... :(

It sounds like everyone is doing great for the most part. I will find out tomorrow how my weight is doing. I weigh on record on Thursday mornings..... We'll see :)
Have a great night,
Penny

ECmom
03-11-2004, 09:02 AM
Good morning!!!!!
No work today.. Dd woke up crying with an earache, so it is off to the Dr for me!! She has had a cold with me, so this is no surprise. I am feeling a wee bit better.......did my WW workout this am (I love it). I am clueless which WW meeting I will get to- there is another one at 12 today (if I keep Dd home all day and this is not just badly plugged ears), one tonite (will probably be too pooped for that) and one tomorrow in Middletown- which seems the most likely to me and then I can get to Walmart too. Gotta go hang out that infamous wash and get to the Dr. Sorry I can't get personal right now.
See ya !
Ginny

mompen
03-11-2004, 09:28 AM
Ginny,

I am so sorry your dd has a ear infection. It seems like everyone is getting sick :( Hope the appointment goes well and she starts feeling better :)

Let us know how weigh in goes if you get to go! :)

need2losemore
03-11-2004, 09:43 AM
Good morning,
I woke up today with a cold. I think I caught it from the little boy I have been watching. He's old enough to cover his mouth, but he usually does it after he has already coughed or sneezed or whatever.
Depends on what kind of mood I'm in if I wear make up or not. Usually I don't wear any at home. When I do wear it, its usually mascara, liner and lip gloss. But, I too have been that flat haired no make up wearing sweats person. My mom had permanent eye liner and lipstick put on about two years ago. But, she is one of those lucky people who look good no matter what. Her and my SIL. Makes me sick sometimes. I was talking to my brother last night and somehow dinner came up. He told me what he had ate, which was enough for three people, and I am not exagerrating. He is so skinny. All three of my brothers are tall and thin, and my sister and I got the not so skinny genes. I don't think thats quite fair.
Spryng, as for my stats, I am 5'7 154. I haven't measured with a tape measure to see how many inches I have lost. I think I will today though, and then I can measure again in a couple of weeks. some one metioned french toast. I love stuffed french toast. You put cream cheese or fruit between two bread slices, and fry it up like normal, then top it with fruit or syrup. It is soooooooo good. We don't have it that often. I really don't care for the taste of syrup. I would rather have fruit on top of my french toast or pancakes or what ever. Well, I hope everyone has a good day.

Chubba
03-11-2004, 11:14 AM
Good morning ladies, :coffee:

Ricci, so sorry you have a cold now....this better not make it over to my house ladies ;) GET WELL SOON! I have never had stuffed french toast....it sounds delicious though...so I had better stay away from it :lol:

Ginny, boy not much goes smoothly for you!! Hope Dd gets better soon. Glad you got your workout in this morning.

Penny, how did the WI go??

Candy, so sorry I mentioned french toast! Maybe if you use really good bread and no butter or syrup (yeah right) and just topped it with fruit it would be the same (who am I kidding) :rolleyes: :shrug: :joker: Glad you're feeling a little bit better this morning. OK, the makeup thing is alot like the breastfeeding thing....a personal choice! I'm older than you so need all the help I can get :lol: I have no clue about the clothes smelling like a dog. I love the smell of clothes dried outside and there's nothing in the world like crawling into bed when the sheets have hung outside to dry and you have freshly shaved legs! Talk about luxurious! Hey, it's the little things in life! :cloud9:

Spryng, where are you this morning? It's pretty late for you to have not posted :( Hope all is OK.

Andrea, Melinda ... anyone else?? Hope you're all having a good morning.

I got a 3 mi walk with Leslie this morning so I'm done for the day..it was beautiful and sunny when we got up this morning...I saw a woodpecker in one of our trees, many of the usual birds & squirrels and the mama and papa duck that hang out in our neighborhood each spring...it was lovely. Within 2 hours the clouds came over and it started to snow :( . Oh well, it is only March.

Gotta go... Tony's whining for mama. TTYL!

Chubba
03-11-2004, 11:19 AM
I just got this in an email & thought you would enjoy it!

Thoughts on children

Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing is like
shoveling the drive before it has stopped snowing.

"There is only one pretty child in the world... and every
mother has it." - Chinese Proverb.

Mothers of teens know why some animals eat their young.

Children are natural mimics who act like their parents,
despite every effort to teach them good manners.

Children will soon forget your presents. They will always
remember your presence.

Children seldom misquote you. In fact, they usually repeat
word for word what you shouldn't have said.

The main purpose of holding children's parties is to remind
yourself that there are children more awful than your own.

Grandchildren are God's reward for not killing your kids.

"Who are these kids and why are they calling me Mom?"

Insanity is hereditary. You get it from your kids.

You can fool some of the people all of the time and all of
the people some of the time, but you can never fool mom.

I love to give homemade gifts. Which one of my kids
do you want?

A child's greatest period of growth is the month after
you've purchased new school clothes.

Anyone who says "Easy as taking candy from a baby"
has never tried it.

Children: You spend the first 2 years of their life teaching
them to walk and talk. Then you spend the next 16 years
telling them to sit down and shut-up.

The best inheritance parents can give their children is
a few minutes of their time each day.

ECmom
03-11-2004, 11:20 AM
Boy do I feel like a bad mommy.......Dd has a double ear infection and the one ear is pretty bad. The Dr asked to look at the "good" ear first.......then looked at me and commented that the one that did not hurt was infected!!!
The other one is a mess..so we have to go back in 2 weeks to see that all is normal. Poor kid....well, I guess she just inherited a high tolerance for pain (got that from her Mama!). So, homebound we are today. I am unsure if she will go to school tomorrow- it is all up to her.

So- my WW meeting is kaput for today- I will get to the one tomorrow am after I get the monsters to school. I did WI here and was pleased with the results.....looks like I lost maybe a pound- but I did not WI on my scale last week, so I will have to go with whatever WW says tomorrow. At least it was not bad news.

Ricci- sorry that you are not feeling so hot. Hope that the cold goes quickly.
How much more weight do you want to lose? I did not realize that you were that tall- 154 is probably at the top of normal range for your height, which is good. I hear ya with the genes for holding weight. Stinks, doesn't it!!!!!!! But you are a beautiful person......inside and out.....and selling yourself short a ton by saying that you are not one of those who look good no matter what.

Penny-how did the WI go???? And did Andrew give you a sane night? I hope he did not fuss too much!

Candy- I am so happy that you are feeling better!!!!!! ( I must admit that I was a wee bit scheptical of amoxcillin when you mentioned how bad your ear was). Thank goodness for all the medications they have now. Congrats on the address for you house! Glad that is going well.

Geri- good for you getting that workout in and running for a while! Bet that felt good. I hear ya- going to Mom's can be tough, mine usually has all kinds of junk around that can be tempting. Well, at least you got it out of your system (junk craving that is) and now have a few days before your next WI to get back on track.

My computer is acting buggy.....so I am going to sign off. Hi to Melinda, Jackie, Andrea.........did I miss anyone???? Forgive me if I did.

Spryng- before I forget......that WW veggie soup is good for you and can basically be made with whatever you have around the house....I know someone brought up the soup and sandwich idea- but the kids usually love it and if you got a batch of the WW soup made for yourself you could still stay OP. If I think of any other easy on the budget meals I will let you know.

Have a great day.
Ginny

meltin
03-11-2004, 12:22 PM
You gals seem to be quite busy in the evenings. My Dh is always on the computer at night, so I don't have much time to write.

You think the sick germs can pass thru the internet. Seems like a lot of us are having those ear infections. I hope everyone and their children are getting better. :balloons:

As far as the makeup, I am just a powder, blush, mascara, lip gloss kind of girl. I don't wear it to the gym, but I keep it in the car in case I will be out after the gym. I will go to the store in sweats, but make sure I have something on my face. Sweat suits are so expensive now a days, you might as well wear them out.

Ricci - How did your mother get permanent eye liner and lipstick? I never seem to apply that stuff right. What if you need to change the color?

Geri - The Wal-mart thing, we had to get the store manager and she told the cashier that they customer is always right, so we got it taken care of. We do not have a Super Wal-mart nearby, so I have to do the grocery store and Wal-mart thing seperate. I like Target b/c it is in the mall and I can get other things at once., but they are much more expensive.
As far as sheets, my parents gave us the 800 thread count. They are fabulous, but so soft that my DH puts wholes in them with his toes.

Went to the ab, butt, legs class at the gym. Thought it was 30 minutes, ending up being 60 minutes. I still haven't gotten over the workouts from earlier this week.

Dinner is taco salad. Seems to be a cheap option. Date night with the Apprentice. I am so hooked.

Melinda

mompen
03-11-2004, 01:36 PM
HI Ladies!

Melinda ~ I bet you did get in a workout today then! I know everytime I go to aerobic classes I work out harder than at home.

I agree with the bug passing through the computer! Everyone has gotten sick!

Ginny ~ Hope dd is feeling a little better now with her ears! Poor baby!

Chubba ~ I tell you, your weather changes there like our Louisiana weather does.... Well without the snow :lol: You are doing great with the workouts! Sounds like you and Leslie are best friends now!

Candy ~ Are you feeling any better???

Spryng~ Hope everything is going well! I figured you would have posted by now......

Well for me, Andrew never did wake up last night!!!! He fussed but when I went in there, he was sleeping!!!!!! He went down at 5:30pm and woke up at 6:00 am this morning!!! YAHHHHH! :D

I did weigh in this morning and down 2 pounds. Now at 174. I am working my "weigh" down :)

I treated myself to a highlight, cut and style today! I have not highlighted my hair in a long time (well before I got pg with Andrew) so I thought it was time!!!

Have a great day everyone,
Penny :)

spryng
03-11-2004, 01:41 PM
Good afternoon all!
Sorry I have been MIA this morning. I had to go grocery shopping and that took forever. But at least it is done and it was nice to get out of the house for a few hours. :)
Melinda, I wouldn't know what to do if I had to share my computer with my DH. That is one perk of him being gone so much. I actually took over his and when he comes home he never touches it anymore unless we are researching something. But we used to fight over the computer all the time until we bought one for me too and then we networked them so we could both be online at the same time. But now it's just me. That must be terrible that your dh puts holes in 800 TC sheets!! My sheets are cheap ones and I would die if I splurged on 800 TC and my Dh did anything to them. That is probably why I havn't bought any. I did splurge on a very nice silver down comforter and feather bed and when he comes home I won't let him in it until he has showered and all that, lol. It was just too expensive to get dirty because you can only dry clean them. And that costs a bundle for a feather bed and comforter. But it is so luxurious to lay on and under. So you got in a whole 60 min workout today?? Wow, I would have died after 20 min, I think. Was it aerobics? That is fantastic!! You'll have to update me on the apprentice, I do love that show but tonight will be my survivor and CSI. I'm so glad though that black girl was fired last week. She annoyed me so much. I saw her on The View yesterday and she still annoyed me, lol.
Ginny, so sorry to hear about more ear infections!! Maybe it's that time of year? I have no clue. Tanner was the same way though, the one that was infected I would have never guessed because he has been pulling at the one that is fine. And you know you are not a bad mother, you are wonderful!! I like that you will WI tomorrow though, there will be a bunch of us reporting our WI's tomorrow!! So exciting. Is that veggie soup how you make your chicken soup? Just make the veggie one and then add chicken? What are the pts on that?
Geri, those were very cute sayings :) Thanks for sharing them! And congrats on getting your 3 mi in the morning. Everyone is doing so well lately. We are on a mission!! lol.
Ricci, hope you feel better soon. Hit that Vit C and Zicam and it should clear up very fast. I always wanted that permanent eye liner and lipstick but have no idea how to get it or if I could actually go through with it. Does she like it? I didn't realize you were so tall! I'm sure you are starting to look great now. You will be stunning by time summer arrives. :) Is anyone getting excited about swim suit season?? I can't wait to start shopping. But I'll probably wait another month. I want to be at my goal before I start shopping, that will be my reward and I will splurge on a really nice suit :cool:
Penny, how are you doing today? Did you get much sleep last night? I didn't. I drank too much water before bed and had to get up several times to go to the bathroom and then my 3 yo son woke up at 4 am screaming over something. I never did figure out what it was. And then he decided he didn't want to go back to sleep so he sat up in bed and played with his toys so I went back to bed but every 10 min he would be at his door screaming for me again. I only put up with that 2 times and then threatened to take every last toy out of his room so he would be forced to go back to sleep and he got the point and I never heard another peep from him but it woke me up enough where I had a hard time falling back alseep, and of course as soon as I did drift off 7 am came and Tanner was ready to get up. So I'm tired and will probably catch a nap today :)
What is everyone having for dinner tonight? I know one is having taco salad, which sounds good. I bought some morningstar farms buffalo wings and I think I will make them with some fries and some FF ranch to dip them in. Never tried them so I think I will tonight.
Ok, need to get off of here. TTYL!

spryng
03-11-2004, 01:46 PM
Hey Penny! You snuck in on me! :) Loved your picture! Funny thing is I pictured you very similar to that in my head so it was nice to see I wasn't too far off. :) Congrats on the 2# loss!!! That's fantastic! See? Breastfeeding is not going to keep your weight from coming off, you are going to do just fine. I hope you enjoyed your beauty salon experiance! I need my hair cut so bad. Well I say bad but it's actually quite healthy. It's not been trimmed in over a year but I have no split ends or anything. I just want it shorter I guess. And I do my own highlights. I used to do full color but I hated touching it up so often and highlights can grow out some (if they aren't a drastic color) and no one notices. Is that picture of you taken today after your cut? That is wnderful that your son slept all night! Kids do that. But at least you got some good sleep in :)
Ok, need to go check on the kids. TTYL!

spryng
03-11-2004, 03:03 PM
I'm at the chat room if anyone is interested in chatting....

meltin
03-11-2004, 03:23 PM
Penny - So good to see a picture. I so need a new hairdo. I have had the same style since high school, give or take the length. I was thinking of getting highlights and layers, but I think that will be too high maintenance. I don't even dry my hair, takes too much time and I can not stand the heat. Mine is shoulder length now, which is to short to put up right. I will probably just keep it the same. Yeah, the workout was a killer. The first 10 min I wanted to walk out but I stuck with it.

Spryng - How does the chat thing work? Do you just click on the link?

Melinda

candybar74
03-11-2004, 03:51 PM
Melinda, go to the link at the end of my message and sign up. Then you just hit the chat button on the left hand side of the screen. It may ask you to download a file and you say yes. It is that easy.

Spryng, glad you got your shopping done. I'll do mine tomorrow. Ugh! Let me know what you think of the hot wings!

Geri, congrats on getting your 3 miles. I don't know how you do that! Mine almost kills me. I'm doing good with 2 right now. I think I might have my DH talked into trying it with me in the mornings. He hasn't said yes and gives me a weird look (like he's gay if he does a workout video?!?) but he hasn't said no so I may win this one!

Penny, cute doo!!! I so need to do something with my hair. And a big Wow! to the baby sleeping so long! Shame of it is, we never expect it so we don't really get to rest like we would have liked to had we known that was coming!

Ginny, so sorry to hear about DD but I definitely can feel her pain! What is the deal with ear infections right now! It is almost like biological warfare. Did someone release something into the air??? I haven't had an "ear infection" since I was a baby. I've had sometimes I thought I had one that I treated naturally but this one, no way!!! I'm still completely blocked on that side so I have to turn my head to hear people. Hope you can catch your meeting tomorrow and tell dd we hope she feels better!

Melinda, my dh and I have separate computers. Since I use mine for work, it was important that I not have him or the kids messing anything up so they have their own computer and I have mine. And like Spryng, they are networked so they both use the same internet connection and printer. Works pretty good. Congrats on sticking it out for the 60 minutes!!!

Ok, who am I forgetting? Ricci, sorry you're getting a cold bug! We are very close on our numbers. I am 5'7" also but I am 146 right now. I am at a stall. Didn't someone say exercise can do that to you? I'm hoping that is what it is. Anyhows, hope you get to feeling better soon!

I finally got to go apply for my building permit this morning. We actually had everything. The kids were so good. I had brought workbooks for them but they also had some crayons they gave them so they colored on the floor. I had taken my medicine, all 3, before I left so I was kinda in lala world and I'm sure the poor lady thought I was a ditz. I did tell her I was on meds so she wouldn't think me a totally dumb blonde! Anyhows, this could take 3 or 4 weeks to get so I have that long to work on getting my loan and then we are set to go.

Well, I'm off here. Gonna do some work and do a little laundry. Hope everyone is having a good day, or at least a restful day for the sickies!!!

ECmom
03-11-2004, 04:02 PM
Penny- Love the picture!!!!!!!!! Ginny

mompen
03-11-2004, 08:45 PM
Hi Ladies! Well what was for supper? I had grilled chicken salad. It was really good. Hope everyone is having a good night! Is anyone going to chat tonight at 9pm? I am going to go! Anyone wanna join me????

I am on hubby's laptop cause he is using the puter.. and the stupid keys stick on here so I will get back on my puter at 9.
:) Have a great one,
Penny

need2losemore
03-11-2004, 09:13 PM
New thread time.