General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2004, 10:10 AM   #1  
It is what it is...

Default Thinning Hair

Okay so this is way off of the Dieting topic but here goes, question - Have any of the women here experienced any hair thinning? I have for the past couple of years noticed it thinning and apparently there is not much I can do about it...my dermatologist has advised me to use Rogain X-tra Strength for Men....has anyone had any experience with this type of thing??

Thanks,
Old 03-09-2004, 02:04 PM   #2  

Yep,
I'm 49 and I've been noticing it for a couple of years too. I always had such thick hair.
At the rate it's thinning I'll need a wig by the time I'm 55.
Old 03-15-2004, 04:45 PM   #3  
it's always something

My hair has been thinning for several years. I'm not at a point that I need to investigate it, but may reach that point some day. This has been a topic in our PCOS forum, since hair loss can be a symptom of PCOS. Some of the women there have discussed Rogaine.

I'm surprised they recommended the version for men
Old 03-26-2004, 12:10 PM   #4  
Legend in my own mind

^ maybe the version for men is a lot stronger and it probably works better.
I'd try the Rogaine, what do you have to loose right????
also, have you tried getting a perm? that will make your hair look thicker but the trouble with that is, sometimes it makes your hair brittle and it will break off ever more, so if you do get a perm, maybe you should get it done at a salon and not do the at home job.
Closed Thread