Support Groups - Scale Addict Anonymous #6

View Full Version : Scale Addict Anonymous #6

Hotsplashes
03-08-2004, 03:58 PM
Good Afternoon Ladies!

Just a short note to get this started! We are now on Thread 6!!! YAYYYYYYYY US!!! I am on my way to another Job interview....I hope Tulip's are going well! See everyone later tonite when I have more time!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

LeanneM83
03-08-2004, 05:18 PM
Yay, I found y'all...........

Leanne

little grasshopper
03-08-2004, 10:21 PM
Hi I made it too!!! :) I forgot we were moving on today. Was surprised to not hear from anyone - until I remembered.

Hope you guys had a good weekend. It was beautiful here!! Last night we had some awful storms but it was nice again today. Flowers are blooming, trees are beautiful. It's spring for a little while.

We have to Mac, my aussie, he has officially lost 2 of the 5 pounds the doc wanted him to lose. I'm very proud of him. We switched his dog food to eukinoba light and he LOVES it. He's never loved a dog food before. Makes me feel a little less bad about having to cut back on his fun. He's stuck at home right now though. Went camping with the roomates and came back without tags. NC is pretty strick about dogs without rabies tags. So I'm going to try to get him a new one tomorrow. He misses the dog park too much.

HS, you may have insight into this. My dog is suddenly starting to growl at other dogs, that he would normally have loved playing with. He's always been an on again, off again humper - but he's also always been the happy go lucky one in the pack. Never got into fights or growled at anyone. Not really submissive, more like he just didn't care who was in charge. But now he is trying to growl at puppies even! Before they get to him. Some dogs he loves and plays with - others he growls and snaps at. No teeth ever, just lots of noise. Any ideas? He's 3. Very happy, social dog.

Okay, time for bed. 2 finals tomorrow and then it's SPRING BREAK!!! 2 more months...my new mantra....two more months. :)

Hope to see evryone tomorrow!!!

Tulip-Fairy
03-09-2004, 03:01 AM
Good morning (Tuesday!)

Finally caught up with you all...Sorry...life is going a bit fast and is a bit full at the mo!!! Job hunting is going well, i've found a sandwich bar / catering business to buy..am putting business plan / finance package together etc...is taking loads of my time up..which means i'm too knackered to come on here at the end of the day and tell you all...sorry!! I'll make a real effort to keep in touch...promise!

Well done on all the weight loss / exercising / and NOT eating that has been going on while i've been MIA...grassie you sound like a pro.."when i work out" way to go girl!!

Have answered the survey on #5 thread and left a few messages if you fancy nipping back to read it!

I'll call back in tonight to write more as it is now 7 am and my kids will not wake themselves even though i can hear someone's alarm going off!! My middle daughter is off to paris on a school trip tomorrow morning, so i must really get around to helping her pack!!! speak to you all tomorrow!
Bye
Tulip

Tulip-Fairy
03-09-2004, 03:04 AM
Forgot to mention...I'm still eating well...still not exercising...still maintaining 125lbs...Yeh me!!
Hubby still on the wagon...we will be the skinnyiest oldies on the beach this summer!!!

little grasshopper
03-09-2004, 08:54 AM
Middle one is off to Paris on a school field trip.....I live in the wrong country.....our field trip was to the asheboro zoo...It was as lame as it sounds!! :) One day I'll make it to Europe :) one day!!!

Nice to hear from you TF!! Sounds like things are very exciting!!!! Keep us posted as you can and keep up the good work eating well!!

I'm having my new protein shakes that are doc approved. :) They're yummy! I had no idea a powdered drink could taste so good...they do though. Very easy for the mornings too. I just have to mix and run...

Take last two exams today..stressing big time about it. Avoiding scales right now.
Then I'll be out for spring break - until Sundya. That's our snow makeup day. 8 hours straight. ug. But for now - spring break :) :)

Talk to you guys soon. mrm

Tulip-Fairy
03-09-2004, 09:57 AM
Hi Grassie...It's not really as glam as it sounds...Paris isn't too far away...about a 4 hour coach ride to the port then a couple of hours on the other side. They are going for 3 nights and coming back Saturday...She'd be pretty excited if she thought she'd be going to a zoo in north caroline mind!! ;) ;)

:coffee: I've drank loads of water today...had a healthy breakfast but then went and spoilt it by having a huge chunk of chocolate cake...I made it for Beccy as it's her favourite..(she gives it a massive 42 out of 10!!! ;) ) I agree with her,. it's sooooo scrummy!! I feel sick now that i've eaten it...then it made me feel guilty..then i thought of you guys and thought i'd better jump on here quick and confess!!!!! :o :^:

I'll try harder from now on...a healthy tea is on the cards..not going to bother with lunch... :o the cake was enough!!

HOpe your day is going ok? (probs just getting started!!) LOL

Hotsplashes
03-10-2004, 09:30 AM
Just a really quick note to say howdie doo! And to get us back up on the list. I'm on my way to my first day of training for my new job! I'll see everyone tonite and post a BIG long postie!lol Have a great HUMPDAY ladies!!!!

LeanneM83
03-10-2004, 10:20 AM
Hi Everyone!
TF that is great you and your hubby are both doing this...I am sure it makes things go much smmother eh?? It really is a team effort!
Well, my boys are keeping me so busy that I havent gained any weight, but I feel like my belly is getting bigger...it could totally be my imagination but I am 12 weeks pregnant so it is quite possible...Actually, I think I will measure my stomach today to have something to compare it to later...
I am going to Walt Disney World in a few weeks....my MIL is taking me and the boys, so I am hoping my summer clothes will still fit me by then....*fingers crossed*
Happy Wednesday to All

Leanne

Hotsplashes
03-10-2004, 06:57 PM
OK...soooooooooo I go in for training today....and find out that they lied in the interview....they wanted me to sell air purifiers door to door. I'm like "HAY! You said an inhouse air quality control technician." GUy says..well that's what we like to call you." then we find out there's no base salary. Commission only. Sorry..I don't do commission only. The area I live in is too depressed economically to count on a commission only job.

Other than that, I had a guy tell me how pretty I was today while I was grocery shoppingl! Which really boosted my day cuz my hair looks like crap and needs the roots and hilites done again. and I was wearing my "fat jeans' which are 3 sizes too big and I look like Charlie Chaplin!

Got my grocery shopping done, and still have a few loads of laundry to do. It was really nice here today, sunny and close to 60. Loved having the afternoon to do as I pleased in teh nice weather.

I'll see everyone tomorrow!

RavenToy
03-11-2004, 02:18 PM
Hey ladies -

I've been feeling a bit under the weather and it was that ToM, so ... I haven't been posting that much. I'm feeling much better today, though! :D

I'm still weighing and wanting to shoot the scale, but.. I think that will probably never change. Well, the weighing part anyway. It went down to 182.5, then up to 184, now it's slowly working it's way down again, at 183 this morning. I just hate that. On the up side, I actually *ran* two miles this morning. That's the first time I've done that in a LONG time.

HS - I'm so sorry about that job thing. I hate nonsense like that. I hope things turn around for you soon.

Leanne - Lordy you bring back memories. Scary ones! :lol: My second kid was so freaking huge I swear I started showing about 3 days after I got pregnant. *sigh* Disney World sounds SO fun! I hope we're able to go early next year.

TF - A field trip to Paris. How neat! That cake sounds wonderful. My son's birthday is in April, and my daughter's is in May. I see birthday cake in my future. I guess I better behave EXTRA well till then, eh?

Almost Friday.. and it promises to be a wonderfully horsie weekend for me. :crossed: Hope everyone is having a great day!

little grasshopper
03-11-2004, 02:28 PM
Hi guys. Been feeling under the weather so I've been quiet. Decided I'd better get my butt back on here. I need accountability. :)

HS - sorry to hear about the job. Doesn't it figure though - speaking as a former sales person, why does it seem so easy for sales managers to be sneaky like that?? They can't seem to get out of sales mode - they "sell" you into how great a job is, how great benifits are, how wonderful your new book of business is going to be - how great you're going to be at sales......Sorry hun! I hope the next one is what you're looking for!

TF - news about the sale??? Are you a business owner?

I'm enjoying the break that IS spring break. No girls gone wild for me! My wildness is showing in the fact that I wore sandles and my white legs are bare before April! :)

Gotta love being able to wear last seasons tight stuff :) That was an ego boost today :) Now I just have to lose about 5 more pounds to look great in the dress for Brother's wedding May 8. Here I come :)

Hotsplashes
03-11-2004, 04:15 PM
Howdie doodie ladies! Had a HUGE fall off the wagon last nite due to the job thing...I was just so frustrated...but am BACK OP today.

Tulip? How's the business plan going? It sounds like the perfect thing for you to do! And maintaining is great! MUCH better than gaining!

Raven and Grassie, I hope the two of you are feeling better. Raven, you ran two miles? COnGRATS! More motivation than I have right now. I'm afraid to get on the scale after the Binge last nite. I'll start using you as my role model, Raven!

Grassie, white legs and sandals already? Must be nice...it's still scarf and coat weather here unfortunately. We're supposed to get more snow over the weekend...just after getting rid of it all! Enjoy your Spring Break!!

LeAnne! DisneyWorld! Awesome...Disney World is soooo much better than Disney Land in CA...I'm surprised they haven't shut DisneyLand down. And just starting to show? Wow...my friend was in Maternity wear at 3months!!!lol Keep up the good work!

Well, I'm off to get my hair done finally. Maybe a new hairdo will boost my ability to get another job!!!LMAO...Have a great day ladies!!!

miss_elisha
03-12-2004, 12:22 AM
Hey everyone! I just wanted to let you all know that my big fat rear is once again planted firmly ON the wagon! Finally.

Crazy days here. My moods have been all over the chart, but I guess that's pretty typical for me. I've really got to get a new job, one that actually pays more than retail.

I just wanted to say sorry that I haven't been that chatty. That's what these message boards are all about, and I'm not doing a very good job. When I get moody it's often better if I don't try to speak too much. But I'm still here, and I'm still reading.

~E

Hotsplashes
03-12-2004, 05:32 AM
Glad to know you are still with us, Miss Elisha...even if you're just lurking! As for Retail...yes it sucks unless you are upper management. GOod luck on finding something soon. Maybe we both will, and Tulip will buy her Catering company and we can all celebrate together on here!

RavenToy
03-12-2004, 06:38 AM
Welcome back, Elisha! I used to do the same thing. I'd feel bad and just not have anything to say - well, anything positive, that is. I try now to make sure I pop in and give status reports SOMEwhere - I find that if I have to type it all out, it really helps to get a handle on it. I hope you're feeling better now. :)

HS - I'm so sorry you took a little detour into overindulgence. But .. maybe you can use that experience to identify some behavior patterns and think of what to do instead next time? Because there is always a next time, isn't there. So, what's the new do!?? I need to call and make an appointment to get mine hacked off again. Summer is coming, the heat will be here, and the LAST thing I want to be feeling is sticky, sweaty hair clumping on my neck.

Grasshopper - I'm glad you have at least a FEW days to just be still and relax. We had a warm day here (70s) last weekend, and it was my first day to get out my shorts (omg they fit again!) and show off my totally gleaming white legs (ow - must shield eyes!). :lol: I find myself being continually glad that I realized that if I wanted to be able to wear summer clothes this summer, I'd darn well better start working on the weight in January. That is definitely one of the things that helps keep me OP.

My scale loves me today! I won't shoot it. :goodscale: Down to 182 today. I think this one isn't a blip, this one is real. I'm a happy camper today. :D It's Friday, and I'm taking the kids to see Hidalgo tonight! Tomorrow we spend most of the day at the stables riding and training and taking care of wee puppies, then dinner out tomorrow night with the Boyfriend (chili's caribbean salad for me, thank you!) and another movie - not sure which one. Then Sunday morning early up for me to get out to the stables and feed and work, then ride. Must practice my sitting trot and my two point.

I hope everyone else's Friday goes beautifully, and you all have a fantastic weekend!

Hotsplashes
03-12-2004, 10:56 PM
Good evening Fellow Addicts! I haven't jumped on the dreaded scale due to the crash and burn the other day. But I'm getting back OP. I still need to up my water tho.

Elisha, Raven sooo right. I always feel better when I type or write something down. Either on here or in my journals at home. I hope you feel better soon!

Raven, sitting trot? What happened to posting trot? How many times can you go round now? Keep up the great work! Think of all the muscles you are building up!! YAYYYYY...and as for Hidalgo, I can't wait to see it. Did you know that Viggo Mortenson bought the Horse that he rode in Hidalgo? HE also bought the two horses he rode in the LOTR series! Gotta love the guy for getting attached to his costars!lol

Where are Grassie and Tulip???? I miss them!

Have a great weekend folks!!!

Michele

RavenToy
03-12-2004, 11:48 PM
Hey Ladies -

HS - Hidalgo was great!! I think being a horse person made it so much more than it might be to someone who just doesn't get that connection. I *LOVE* Viggo!! And my daughter has decided he's worthy lust material as well. :lol: Anyone who can ride and act like he does, plus loves the ponies - well .. he needs to be cloned, that's all I can say. I hadn't heard he adopted the Hidalgo horse, but I had heard about the LOTR one.

Sitting trot to help me work on the hip action for my sitting canter! :D I need to loosen up those hips and roll with the pony, yaknow? Right now I'm doing the posting trot well, and this weekend we'll see how many times around I'm up to! The two point... blah. My balance needs so much work. I did the two point trot over ground rails last time over and over... but I swear I just keep falling backwards. I'll work on the balance more this weekend. I need to keep my legs farther back and they keep skootching forward. It's annoying. Holding them so far back feels WEIRD but it's where they need to be for balance and the proper alignment of shoulder hip and heel.

Oh my I'm so tired. I'm used to a 9 pm bedtime!! Hope everyone had a great Friday! :wave:

Hotsplashes
03-14-2004, 05:44 AM
Howdie doo everyone...I still have insomnia...and along with insomnia go bad eating habits. So I'm going to be pulling an all nighter, staying up till a normal bedtime then going to sleep straight thru. That way I'll be back onto a proper eating regime. And a normal sleep pattern.

Well...just a quick pop on to say howdie and that I got all my laundry done today as well as more job searching done. Hope everyone is having an awesome weekend!

Tulip-Fairy
03-14-2004, 05:49 PM
Hiya...haven't been around for a few days...busy, busy, busy at my end! Have researched the business for sale until we're confident it's a goer..we are going to put an offer in tomorrow..don't expect it to be excepted as we are going to go in very low...we can always go higher if need be!! I'll make a hard nosed business lady one day!!! ;) I'll let you know what happens as soon as i know!

Can't comprehend all this talk of summer clothes and going to disneyland...it's the middle of winter here still!! (well the calender is saying the start of spring but the weather forcast doesn't!!!) :mad: :mad: We had another snow day on Friday, Jo-Jo didn't get to school, claire unfortunalty did, her school was only closed to the kids who live in the countryside, and since we live on the outskirts of the town she had to go in!!1 :lol: :lol: she was not a happy bunny!

Beccy is back from Paris, she didn't enjoy it much, shared a room with some girl friends and was very dissapointed by their behavour...they spent a lot of time, bullying another roomie...bex was not amused...she's a pretty sensitve kid really..only problem is...one of the girls in question is the daughter of the women i am going into busineess with!!! :o Looking forward to her side of the school trip story...it could be interesting!! She also left her mobile phone in the hotel room...hubby has spent the best part of an hour TRYING to converse with the receptionsit in broken english and school boy french to get it back...and to his credit...Voila!! it has been found and at a cost of 7.62 euros will be posted back to us!!! yippee!! She is so relived...but unfortunatly she also lost her brace (retainer) that wasn't found so a trip to the orthodontist on monday morning is inevitable...he is going to be cross and i will probalby have to pay for a replacement :mad:

She spent Salturday in disneyland paris...she has been here before and loves it but the keep bugging about going to the real one ...which one do you think is best...why do you think one is better than the other splashes???

Glad your all feeling back on form...ToM throws us all sometimes...keep your chin up and keep with us...we don't mind if you want to moan a bit and let off steam...we are all here to support each other!!

I feel as if i have been really bad today, but on reflection i haven't , we went to dinner at a freinds house and there was a lot of food on offer, but what i actually had was pretty healthy..only one fruit dessert with a tablespoon of cream, one glass of wine as i was driving, all i have to do is keep up the good work thorughout the week now!! :^:

Well done to you exersicers, loosers and maintainers..and well done to leanne for her little bump showing...i always showed really early in all my pregnancies..part and parcel of the deal I'm afraid...but look at the joy it will bring oyu at the end of your term...My SIL is now about 5 days over due...we are all on tender hooks waiting for THE phone call!!

Well it's getting late and i'm dying for an early night so i'll sign off for now and write more tomorow...enjoy the rest of your sunday!

Bye
Tulip
~x~

Hotsplashes
03-15-2004, 01:46 AM
Evening ladies! Just a short note to say I'm too scared to get on the scale!lol With the fall off the wagon and ToM, I KNOW the scales are going to be WAY up. So I'll wait till next friday. Good news, I DID buy a proper pair of runners to start running with! YAY..

As for the diff between Disney Land and Disney World...literally a WORLD of difference. Disneyland is the original. Small, junky, rundown. Nowhere near the rides as at Disney World. Definitely go to Disney WOrld!

Tomorrow is a new day, a new start. Hope everyone had a great weekend and has a great week!

little grasshopper
03-15-2004, 09:06 AM
Hi guys! Well it's back on all the wagons this week. I'm losing count...there's the diet wagon, the exercise wagon, the school wagon, the saving money for business wagon....I hope they're all going in the same direction - because sometimes I swear...they're NOT! :)

I wasn't even ON program last week. Pitiful excuse for a healthy way of life. I'm doing well now though. My head is back in the game. Not getting on the scales this week though - don't want to face the numbers. I'm afraid I will get depressed about it.

We lost a class mate this weekend. We are such a small intimate group that it's also like losing a close friend. Now we are 5 1/2 (we have one student who's there half the time and not half the time. Don't know how he's still allowed to be there at ALL.

Well I'd better get to studying. Had a 10 hour class yesterday to make up for snow days and we have tests on the info learned yesterday TODAY! Doggie also needs to go to the vet. Still not sure why he's being so cranky. It's not getting worse - just not any better either.

Well guys, I'll chat with you later! Take care! mrm

miss_elisha
03-15-2004, 11:58 AM
Okay, so I had my mom move the scale into her bathroom so I wouldn't be stepping on it every 5 minutes, with the intention of actually going down there every Monday morning. So I went down this morning and--down 3 more pounds! Yay!!!!!
I guess it's good to be away from the scale for a few days... it makes it so much better when it's down 3 instead of just hovering for a few days at a time.
Anyway, have to go get ready for the job hunt. Mom is lending me her car today, so hopefully I will come up with something. Wish me luck!
~E

Hotsplashes
03-16-2004, 07:59 AM
Hmmm Sounds like a wagon train you got going there Grassie! Stay on Track! You're doing great! As for the 1/2 time student..I agree with you..either you're there or you're not. Hope puppy feels better! And I'm not stepping on the scales this week either!lol

Miss Elisha! Congrats on the 3lb loss! Yes I agree with you when it's a loss like that rather than hovering. worse is the up one pound down one pound thing. I detest that inteh worse way! Good idea moving the scale!lol And good luck on the job hunt. That's what I'm doing today as well!

Tulip and Raven...hope to see you ladies on here today!! Keep up the great work everyone!!!

little grasshopper
03-16-2004, 03:29 PM
guys, time to come clean, I'm really not doing well.I'm exercising and my body feels good but the stress of eating well it getting to me. I have to plan on sundays - grocery shop and make all meals for hte week for me and boyfriend. He's helping but it's tiring. Seems like SOMETHIGN is always left out - or we forget to cook something - or roomates eat food.

At anyrate I'm not eating well - not bad just not well. It's like I need permission to be really crappy for two months - as long as I exercise..then I'll be graduated and I won't be putting in 80 hour weeks every week.

I'm cranky, tired and well.....witchy with a b. Something has to give. If it's eating a candy bar - I feel like I have to do it.

someone help. I feel good because I'm exercising but I'm just not eating htat 5 food diet that I'm suppose to be on.

RavenToy
03-16-2004, 04:26 PM
Grasshopper... I don't know much about why you're on this particularly limited diet other than what you've posted recently about it. It seems related to allergies, is that correct? Have you gotten any second or third opinions on this? Are there alternatives to limiting your diet? Was this a temporary arrangement to find out what foods might be causing problems by limiting it severely, then adding in things one at a time to pinpoint problems? Because if your doc is saying this is how you have to live for the rest of your life, and you're having issues with it now, it seems like this is a train wreck waiting to happen. It would seem to me that any plan you choose to be on should be something you can be on without feeling resentment, overt frustration, cranky, etc. Because ultimately you will not stay on such a plan. You're finding that out. If it is truly only for the next two months... then perhaps you do need to give yourself permission to just get through it the best way you can. Of course none of us can do that for you, that has to be a decision you make freely and without bashing yourself about it later. OTOH, if you're just using all this as an excuse (don't get mad, I know we all do it, myself included) then it won't matter if it's school, work, boyfriends, roommates, or anything else.. you just won't work well with this plan and maybe it really is time to look at alternative approaches.

Just my .02 - It sounds to me like you're really on the verge of just snapping completely, and that's not a good thing, chickie. *hug*

Tulip-Fairy
03-16-2004, 04:27 PM
Just a quickie....had a quick read of all your posts...your such an inspiration...love reading them all, but have little time to post today...I'm in the middle of cooking a St. Patricks night Irish Stew and Soda Bread meal for 12!!!!!!! It's not for me but a small catering job i've picked up...! Not too bad on the eating front...no exersice but feel that i need to do somthing soon!

I'll try to pop in again before the weeked, keep up the good works everyone!!
Tulip

little grasshopper
03-16-2004, 04:40 PM
RT I think I am close to snapping and trying to force myself to stick to this diet makes it harder. I do feel better on the program - the frustrating part is that my ADD symptoms are gone, pain is gone and energy is up - oh AND I dropped a ton of weight on it - but in the end it requires a ton of planning that right now it a bear to manage. At first it was cool and fun -then life got it's head in the middle of it.

I live with roomates that eat my food. BF and I grocery shop together but school and work have gotten in the way of all of that. I've had absolutely no time to do it and sending him alone is just way to hard - I'd have to send him with exactly the package I need because I can eat one kind and one kind only.....leaves us both irritated. Trying to detox while stuying for exams and writing papers constantly isn't easy either.

I know I have to give myself permission I just want to make sure I'm not giving myself permission to do something wrong for me. The hardest part of this is that I work in the doctor's office that is treating me. I am treated monday. I have to face him and say I know we tell the patients to eat this way and I know it's good but I can't do it right now. That's a hard thing to face. Makes me want to cry just thinking about it. I WILL go back to this way of life after school - and I will stay on the excercise path right now but it fees like trying to change my life completely while doing a 2 year degree in nine months, planning a move, helping plan my brothers wedding in 2 months and startinga business is more than I can handle and other than my brother's wedding there's nothign I'm willing ot back away from right now.

The diet has to give for now. I have to be able to just cook brown rice and chicken and not feel like I'm a failure. Or eat ranch dressing on my salad and not have the allergy police come get me.

Sorry if I sound angry. I am right now. Just stress. The hardest part about this program is that while I love it - we have one student that is completely imature and insulting to everyone in it and you have to face her daily for so long and you just can't seem to get a break from her. So far no one has said anything to her so she just gets worse. It's all I can do to keep my mouth shut as she insults our bodies, minds, willpower, and ability in class. It's just one more thing adding to stress that makes me want to knowover the wendies right down the street - maybe the dairy queen instead.

I'm not going that far off the wagon. I just want to be able ot follow a diet like South Beach and not feel like I'm completely off track with my diet.

emotions are wild and high today. I know this - sorry if I seem mean to anyone. I completely feel it!

I do need you guys. I am still trying to exercise and get on a plan that will let me hit my goal weight. I just feel so guilty that the doctor's diet isn't working for me right now. I really respect him and I know it works. I feel like I'm letting him and me down.

RavenToy
03-16-2004, 04:55 PM
You know.. my son is ADHD. My daughter is ADD. My ex-husband is ADD, my brother is ADHD. It kind of runs in our family, eh? If the special perfect diet has to give for right now, and you are ok with that, then hon, you do what you have to do. When I went up to Alaska to visit my father, who had suffered a severe and life threatening fall plus suffers from Alzheimer's, there was no way I could deal with being away from home, working out, helping to move my dad, seeing his house after my brother and SIL had moved into it, etc. etc. etc. Then when I came back to GA, it was the holidays, which for the last 10 years have sucked for me because all it did was remind me that my mother wasn't with me anymore. So I decided that by god I wasn't going to be gloomy and depressed and angry at the holiday's anymore, and if that meant I was going to use food as a crutch to get through it and help my children and boyfriend actually be HAPPY during christmas for a change, then so be it. January rolled around, and I climbed back into the saddle, so to speak. It wasn't easy, and I had to relearn a lot. But I did it. I guess what I'm saying is that if you know what you need to do, don't feel bad about it. You know the diet works, you know you have faith in your doc, it's just that right now life is a little too lifey. I think if you explain it to him in that fashion, he'll understand.

Hotsplashes
03-17-2004, 06:54 AM
Grassie! We're here for you! And don't feel guilty about wanting to eat something else. I know what it's like. When I got my food allergies and found out I was alergic to 250 different things...it limited me down to only 5 or 6 things until we found what exactly were the main allergies. If you gotta splurge..SPLURGE!!! goshdarnit!! If it helps to destress you, alleviate the pressures, make you FEEL BETTER!! DO IT!! As for the roomies...tell them to STAY OUT OF YOUR FOOD!! OR Get new roomies..how can they be so inconsiderate? The chick in yer class, Tell her politely that you are not impressed by her behavior and that you find it rude and insulting and that you will not tolerate it. Like Raven says...something's gotta give in times of stress..and better to eat some food for comfort rather than losing your mind! Keep up the great work...we know you aren't mean...you don't even sound mean...you just sound VERY stressed out! We're here for ya Grassie!!!

Raven, you give such wonderful advice and comments! We are so lucky to have you here on SAA! ADHD and ADD seem to be so commonly diagnosed these days...and here Grassie has just proven that hers is food related...so not neccessarily a genetic thing...nor even properly diagnosed ADHD/ADD....just symptons of body imbalance. I know how my body is affected by food I am allergic to. It's amazing. I'm so glad you are able to send such kind words and thoughts to Grassie right now in her stressful times, because you can identify with her and then give her wonderful words of wisdom! You are an inspiration to all of us!!! Keep up the great inspiring!lol

WooHOo Tulip! A St. Paddy's Day Catering Gig!! Hope you have a great time! And it's good to put on your resumee!! I'm not a big corned beef and cabbage person...But I do love St. Paddy's day! Glad you were able to stop by!

As for me, I've been good. Back on OP, and doing lots of exercise due to the 14" of snow that we just got dumped on us. I shovel every 4 to 6 hours so I don't end up having to shovel too heavy of a load. I live on a corner of two streets so twice the sidewalk to shovel. AND a double driveway...so needless to say my arms are getting quite the workout!lol I am hoping this is the last snow for the year until winter....BF gets to go to Orlando on business, but won't take me, even tho I have the time. He sucks!!lol Well, it's nearing 6am and it's time for me to go shovel again! Snow is STILL falling!!!

Take care folks...See you later today no doubt!

little grasshopper
03-17-2004, 11:11 AM
Okay, compared to yesterday I'm completely sane - okay, not completely, but I do feel much better. More grounded today.

I decided it was time to act yesterday. I left messages with our primary massage instructor to please contact me. And last night I talked to one of the program directors, who is a sweet, wonderful person and also a massage therapist. I explained that person is ticked off because she didn't get her way in a class and she's taken every single little thing that has ever happened in the program and gone to it's director with it, with the idea that we all feel the same way but are too self serving to go to her ourselves. Then she has taken time out of every class to make sure the teachers know she's done it and to hound us about this survey that was circulated because of HER statements that we all felt the same way and were too scared and self serving. The teacher was floored - they really believed this girl. Which explains why she is acting more and more balsy in class lately. She was working on a 68 year old man in our class and was having trouble finding a muscle in his glute area. She didn't want to ask for help (because she knows more than all the teachers and us combined) but the teach saw it and was verbally directing her to the muscle. She says "Mary, there is absolutely NO muscle tone here whatsoever. What do you expect me to do?!" The poor man on the table was alm,ost in tears!!! We were all in shock. The teacher just walked over and showed her where the muscle was. THAT'S IT! It's as if the teachers are afraid of her now, so they let her little attitude run the class, and she does crap like that all night long! Every night and every Saturday. It's great fun.

I also talked to the dr's office to tell them the situation and ask if I should still come in and be seen. That I will do what I can on this diet but it's not going to be much until after school. He works a lot with stress and still wants to see me to help with that and get me all balanced out.

Last night's class was all about grounding emotionally and stress relief techniques for clients. So it was nice timing.

Thanks for your support. I needed it and still do. Guess that's why it's a support group, huh. I get it now :)

Okay, two tests tonight and one extension on a papar. Time to hit the books before work. Talk to you guys later.

Hotsplashes
03-18-2004, 03:20 PM
Good luck on the tests and the paper, Grassie!! And good for you for taking the initiative to stop letting this person run the class. It's amazing how many people will not take action for themselves or for another being. I know it can get a person in alot of trouble for standing up for yourself or someone else, or for something one believes in...trust me...i do it all the time and get slammed for it. But I think it's the right thing to do. Keep up the great work...

If your Doc wants you to deal with stress, might I suggest some Qi Gong? It's the best thing inthe world for stress. I have been taking classes for 5 weeks now...my life has changed dramatically because of it. If you have a local Dojo, check there.

I'm looking into a reiki course...I'd like to add it to my therapeutic rehab techniques for horses and dogs....I really think I need to go into business for myself. I really do.

I come up with all these great ideas...and never act on them...

Time to sit down and analyze some of my life I think!lol

Have a great day ladies!!

RavenToy
03-18-2004, 03:35 PM
Hey HS - Equine massage therapy is coming into its own, girl! Heck .. I paid $75 for a chiropractor to come out and adjust Mt. Shadow after her abcess healed, and I just had an equine dental specialist do her teeth! Yes, I would definitely consider hiring a massage therapist for my horse... probably before I'd go to one myself. Sad. Very sad. I keep trying to think of something I could do that would actually earn enough money for me to support me and my kids. With horses, that is.

Grasshopper - I'm so glad you are feeling better today. Sometimes we just have to put our foot down and say enough is enough.

I'm dealing (or trying to) with my own head issues today.. it's interesting to me how working out can sometimes bring things to the surface mentally, even if you're not precisely prepared to deal with them. The stupid scale is being a pig and even though it shouldn't bother me, it is bothering me. Argh. The sciatica flare up is fading though, and I was back to running today. Hopefully that will help. If it doesn't, we're looking at one dead scale. :bomb:

Happy Thursday!

little grasshopper
03-18-2004, 03:45 PM
RT - go get a massage!!!! Sciatica is sooooo easy to treat! There are some great stretches for it too. If you want I'll see if I can find you some photos of some (hard to explain in words) and post them for you.

HS - I took the first level of Reiki about 8 years ago and I love it. I do it on my dog when he's asleep, my BF and my grandmother. I've used it on pregnant mothers - to help calm babies and on a friend with wrist problems... I am planning to take the last 2 classes right after graduating. We're doing a ton of energy healing stuff at school now. I've learned a very simple and COOL way to help with migraines! The night she taught it one of our students was getting one - and was a complete skeptic! We got to see the technique in action. The girl was touching her head all night going "wow, it's gone!" I was also doing Qi Gong with the Eastern Modalities class I was taking and did love it. Since the class is over I've stoped though. I'll have to look at getting back into it again. Can't afford to pay for it right now but when school is out I can. Until then, I'll just have to do what I know.

Have you ever done Gamboor???? It's wonderful! I do it every day to help with stress. Sometimes, there's just too much of it though :)

I'm doing better today. Feel like i'm eating everything in site but they've all been healthy choices and at least I'm excited about what I'm eating. :) Also not craving sugar as much today. got some of the fake sugar candy. One piece and I was fine.

I'm feeling a whole lot better.

RT - hang in there and if there is anything I can send you from a bodyworker's standpoint let me know. Tight periformis muscles are soooooo common and we don't even realize it!

RavenToy
03-18-2004, 04:04 PM
Grasshopper - I've been doing all the stretches I can think of, but if you have some better ones, I'm all for it!! I'd love to see the pics! I can't afford a massage right now or I'd do it in a heartbeat. I realized that when I was practicing taekwondo I NEVER experienced a sciatica flare up, and I really believe it was because of all the intense stretching we did. The only thing that seems to bring on an attack right now is the sitting trot and the canter. More than likely because of the pounding on my tailbone because I haven't gotten that nice hip rocking (woo baybee) motion going on yet. I'll learn! But in the meantime any stretches, anything at all that I can try to stop the pain would be wonderful!

little grasshopper
03-18-2004, 11:51 PM
where is my post??? I posted today right after RT and it's no where....oh well...

RT here is a good stretch. You're looking for the one titled piriformis stretch. There are a couple of changes or notes I would add to it though.

1. hold the stretch for 30-40 seconds. You want to lull the muscle into relaxing my giving it a nice soothing stretch - not bully it into submission..that doesn't work nearly as nicely! Repeat it 2-3 times on each side -whether or not you have pain. This will prevent it while you're riding as well.

2. make SURE you lock your pelvis into a nuetral position. It's very easy to let your hips round up and make the stretch easier to do - BUT this keeps you from isolating the piriformis. It's much better to lock the pelvis in place and hold the smaller stretch!

Another thing I have tried is to get a tennis ball - lie on the floor and put the ball under your glutes. Mover around over it until you find what feels like the most tender spot. You want to hold it here. Just relax and let the tennis ball sit in place for a couple of minutes. (do it while watching TV or reading :) ) Once things start relaxing you can move it around a bit. It gives you a good massage. If you are too tender to try this lieing on something hard you can always try lieing in your bed but it's a much lighter pressure! Keep a ball in the freezer for times when you're really in pain!! You can get an ice/pressure point massage at the same time!

I hope these help! Good luck and stick with it. This is one of the most common tight muscles I treat so you're in a huge crowd of company!

RavenToy
03-19-2004, 09:59 AM
G'morning!! :coffee:

Grasshopper - I found the stretch online, with a lot of really good diagrams and pictures. I'm tempted to just try it right here at work, but with my luck one of the guys would walk in while I'm lying on the floor. ;) I really appreciate your help with this!! The tennis ball thing sounds really interesting, I'm looking forward to trying that one, too! I'll let you know how the stretching works... :crossed:

I'm in a much better mood today. I've been doing the pilates moves that I can remember, and I decided not to buy a DVD player right now because I have plans to buy a PS2 in another month for the family, so it's kind of silly to spend another $50+ on a DVD player right now. I'm going to pick up a VHS tape of pilates for $10 and use that till we get the PS2 and I can use my DVDs again. :) Saving money always makes me happy. I found that it's a LOT easier to do pilates now that I've removed another 20 pounds or so since the last time I tried it. And I'm also getting much better at isolating muscles, and that feels really cool. The scale is being nicer to me again today, which I hate to admit *might* have something to do with me being in a better mood. :goodscale Back down to 180.5 - which means only one more FREAKING pound and I'm in the 170s again. Finally. And I bet I can do it in the next week and a half, which brings me to the end of the month. That would be SO cool.

Again, Grasshopper - :thanks: It is so nice of you to help!

HS - How goes the analyzing?? I know I seem to have been doing a lot of that lately, myself.

Hotsplashes
03-19-2004, 05:55 PM
YAYYYy for Raven Toy! Soon to be back in the 170's!! and YAYYYYY for Grassie for being able to help one of us on here by using her soon to be proffession!

Now I got one for ya, Grassie....I have a type of arthritis in my hips called Spondylitis...stretching seems to help it...but what kind of stretches and massaging should I be doing for it? The tennis ball thing sounds great and I'll be trying that tonite1lol

Well ladies..I'm off to supper, grilled chicken and salad...I'm being a good girl!! Got into my size smaller jeans...just can't get them done up...so in about 5-7lbs I should be able to do them up...

Have a great weekend everyone!!!

little grasshopper
03-19-2004, 06:58 PM
Everyone's doing such a great job losing weight!!! Good for all of you!!

HS I'll check on the arthritis stretches and let you know. Qi Gong is definately good for it!!! :) I'll get back to you tomorrow. mrm

little grasshopper
03-19-2004, 07:13 PM
HS - Okay, first things first...any changes need to be slow and gentle. Here is a pretty site showing stretches. (I really need to get this exercise software that lets me email stretches to people!).

http://www.nass.co.uk/exrs10.htm

Again, all stretches need to be held for 30-60 seconds, and should be gentle and relaxing. Lull the body into relaxation and movement - don't force it.

Next, you may know this but look at the way you sleep. Are you on your back with a pillow under your knee? Or on your side with pillows between your knees and under arms? (like a body pillow) The idea is to take stress off the hips and low spine during restorative sleep. Watch your shoes..make sure you're in good footwear.

Massage helps some people and causes acute phases in others so get a therapist that you know works well with this type of arthritis and test the waters.

Last but not least - tons of water and NO carbination. It can tear down joints even faster.

Heat and ice can both be good, depending on where you are in a flareup.

Hope this helps!!! OH and try some Reiki on it! :)

Hotsplashes
03-21-2004, 08:25 AM
Thankee Thankee, Grassie! I've bookmarked the site in my Spondylitis folder in my Favorites! And I will definitely take your advice as to looking for a good RMT who knows how to deal with types of arthritis. I will try mylocal Arthritis Society and see if they can point me in a direction of someone knowlegable.

Eating has been soso the last few days. I still won't get on the scales for another week due to the ToM. It's nearing the end but I know my water gain won't go away for at least another 3 days. Sooooo time to get back on track!lol

Hope everyone's doing well this weekend. It's cold here right now at 7:30 am...supposed to get sunny by this afternoon...I hope so....well, am off to finish my oatmeal and then do laundry...wanna beat the crowds at the laundromat. I hate not having a basement!!!

Happy Sunday ladies!!!

little grasshopper
03-21-2004, 09:25 PM
Hi guys. Hope you all had a good weekend. Mine was GREAT! I wish I could say I ate really well but in truth I didn't. The good news is that Im' feeling much more sane and not so stressed out any more. It's amazing, when you look back, at how stressed you actually can get! This week I will jump back on board but I'm standing by my decision to be a little easier on myself for a while - at least while shool is really kicking in!

Today I bought flowers and herbs. Time to put the herb garden back in the ground. :) Got it all planted. Made a nice arrangment out of the blooms that were already there and am enjoying hte burst of spring we have. Of course tonight it's COLD! That was forecasted at all!! Flowers had to come inside (they're in a planter) and be covered so kitty won't eat them.

Okay, enough for tonight. TF - BF and I are talknig about planning a trip to Europe within the next year. England, Scotland and Iredlan. I may have get some insider advice from you :) :) Of course, this is the EARLY planning stage...we could easily end up at Sea World, TX at this point :lol: just kidding!

have a great monday guys!!

Hotsplashes
03-22-2004, 08:30 AM
Morning everyone!

Just thought I'd drop in and say hello before my day gets to hectic. It's bright and sunny here at 7:30 AM...but it's freezing cold..literally. It's -9C or 22F...take your choice...they're both cold!lol...

Well take care and i'll hop on later when I get a chance!

little grasshopper
03-22-2004, 09:38 AM
Wow, that's cold!! I was complaining abot 50 and windy.

Well, today is the day. I have to go face the music with the doc. His first patient right after vacation too :) Maybe that means he won't be worn out yet.

Had some exciting news this weekend. A local Dentist is brining my friend and her best recommendation, in the office to do TMJ massage for his patients....he wants to see if it helps them. We'd be donating our time and we'd get school credit for it so it's a win/win. IF the patients do feel better from it he wants to bring in two massage therapists (alternating days) to work in his office. I'd have my hands in a LOT of mouths but I'd also have a job :) :)

Hope you all have a good week!! I'll check in after md. Too bad he doesn't give out happy pills.......

Shelley0574
03-22-2004, 11:52 AM
Hey all! LONG TIME no see!! :) Good to see your Scale Addicts anonymous is still here.. :: Waves to Hotsplashes ::

I am so sorry that I just dropped off the face of the internet.. I hit a big plateau and just stopped everything.. I gained 13 pounds back over the course of the 6 months I was absent but I am finally back in the running and started my diet over on March 1st and I've lost 9 pounds in 3 weeks!! I'm happy to be back and I wouldn't have gone anywhere else but here because yalls support means everything to me!

Shelley

Hotsplashes
03-22-2004, 05:41 PM
**DOes her best Fred Sanford Impression** It's the BIG ONE , Lizbeth! I'm gonna come and meet ya, Lizbeth!!

LMAO...YAYYYYY there's Shelley!!! I hope you plan on staying around for a bit Shelley! 13lbs is not too bad. And how did yoy lose 9lbs so fast!!???!!!

Grassie!! I have TMJ!! Massage helps it? I'll have to find someone around here that does that...I get the worst headaches cuz of it...That would be awesome if you could get a job with yer dentist!

Good news for me today..I got a job...back to bartending...full time...spiffy hiclass restuarant/lounge. So the money should be great...i start tomorrow...lunch crowd. Dr.s, Lawyers...etc...Yippee me!!!

See ya later taters!!

little grasshopper
03-22-2004, 09:20 PM
HS, YES - it's incredible for TMJ!!! And it's pretty easy to teach yourself some of the parts of it. Here is a link to the CMTA (Canadian Massage Therapy Association). Check them out and see if they can recommend a good therapist that can help you with both things.

If you want I'll send you a message explaining how to do some of the easy strokes on the muscles inside the mouth. They can really really make a difference in how your jaws feel!

Went to the doctor today. Stress is way too high. All allergy diet stuff is second to dealing with stress right now. Made me feel much better. Told me to take today and relax so I've been sleeping and watching TV all day. Feel much better but very very tired!

I'll check in tomorrow, when I'm more awake. Hav e a great night everyone!

Shelley0574
03-23-2004, 12:26 AM
ROFL!! Same ol Chele. :) It's great to be back here again.

Well, I went back on my low carb diet again and I guess my body went full speed ahead on the ketosis (sp?) deal. lol

little grasshopper
03-23-2004, 05:23 PM
Hi shelley, I think I came on, about the same time you left. I'm glad you're back. I remember reading some of your old posts when I first started! Good for you sticking to the low carb plan again!!

Visit to md yesterday has done me a lot of good. Taking the night away from school did even more! I'm beginning to feel like myself - just a more tired version. Staying away from scales. Will hit gym tomorrow morning and ease my way back into it. I want the endorphines :)

Just wanted to check in and say hi to everyone!! Hope you're having a good day!

Hotsplashes
03-23-2004, 08:18 PM
Grassie, thanks for the things on the TMJ massage! And yes, Shelley is one of the original Scale Addicts...She and I were on the first ones together. As for being tired, stress will do that to you. The adrenaline is what keeps you hyped, then when the stress is gone...so is the adrenaline rush. THat's when yoy realize how tired you are!

Take it easy and enjoy your down time!

Shelley, well my goodness...if you lose all this weight, you gonna leave us again? We lost ole Tulip so far...no sign of her anywhere. LeeAnne is busy being preggers!lol Tis just me an' Grassie an' Raven now...with Miss Elisha popping by now and then.

Eating sucked today...had a big ole candybar and a loaf of morning glory bread. Tis' stress eating after an argument with the bf last nite. I kinda feel like that by eating, I'm getting back at him somehow...how stupid is that thinking/?LOL

See everyone tomorrow after work!!

miss_elisha
03-23-2004, 11:14 PM
I'm still here! I finally made it out of my funk! I lost another pound this week, and I can seem my collarbone--Hooray for me! At least it provided me with some much-needed motivation.

Just wanted to check in and let you know I'm still here. :)

~Miss E

little grasshopper
03-24-2004, 12:13 AM
Miss E - GREAT TO SEE YOU!! Congratulations on the collar bone preview! :) It's so nice when body parts start re-appearing, huh :) Very cool for you!!!

HS - stress eating I can understand but getting back at the bf huh, how passive agressive of you :) I notice you ate the whole loaf this time....were you afraid TF would pop in and make you throw the remainders away? :)

okay, on the ever growing stress front....tonight we did healing touch energy work. We weren't really warned the emotional effect it can have if you've been under stress. There were 7 of us tonight. 6 cried, full blown, sobbing tears. (at that point the teacher explained it :) ) She didn't expect us to be THAT stressed out. It did feel better to know I'm in good company, but I know how stressed they are and my heart goes out to them. Our one snotty student is of course back from the farm and cocky as ever. Funny thing is that when she tried to attack people tonight we fought back as a whole. By the end of the night she was pretty withdrawn - a nice change. By that point she'd already attacked 3 students and the teacher. Nice to see people standing up to her.

I'm eating well - not too much junk. Staying away from the scales right now. It's hard but I know it's an added stress I don't need. Still sleeping a ton but made it to work and school tonight. I'm zonked now though!!

I do want to say thanks for listening to my ramblings these days. I really do need it. As I'm unwinding I'm realizing how bad it was. I was wrapped pretty tight! I'm shocked I didn't snap!

Well time for bed. I'll talk to you guys tomorrow! mrm

Hotsplashes
03-24-2004, 08:21 AM
Morning everyone....just on my way out to walk the dogs and enjoy the sunshine. Glad to see Miss Elisha and her new Collarbones give us a visit!! YAYYY another pound down! Any loss or maintenance is good, Miss Elisha! One step at a time as the saying goes! Keep up the good work and drop in more often.

Grassie, I learned a bit of Reiki from a master so I could work on my horses...and even the after effect of working on them has a lot of emotional impact. I bet the only student that didn't cry was was the nasty one. Why does the teacher put up with her? Is the teacher that submissive or the student that domineering? I'm glad the rest of the class has banded together!! Go Team!!!

As for me...yes a whole loaf...but it was a tiny loaf. Won't do it again, I promise....I hope. Passive/agressive...never looked at it in that light. I'll have to do some further analysis on myself tonite! lol. Well, the doggies are sitting patiently at the foot of the stairs..time for their walkies.

Have a great day and see everyone this afternoon!

little grasshopper
03-24-2004, 04:01 PM
hi guys! Today is better than yesterday. Feeling like my old self again. Thanks for sticking in there with me. Last night was a ride and then some!!! I hope everyone is feeling better today.

We all look at each other in class and we're like some odd couple, healing, A-Team. We're the wierdest combination of people but other than the witch, we really are close. I think it's because we are the only people that really know what we're going through because we're the ones going through it together. In a way we're what we have to cling to right now.

I make it sound like it's all bad - it's not. Just stressful. 6 weeks to go! :) I'll be a little late getting into the sexy bikini - but I WILL get into it this year :) :)

Good to see that you ate a small loaf HS! :) Today is a new day, right! See you soon. mrm

Shelley0574
03-25-2004, 10:45 AM
Hey yall! Geez I've been so busy for the past couple of days.. Ever since I started working (after being a stay at home mom for 8 years) my life has been kinda hectic. It's gonna be even more crazy today cuz I gotta pull a double! ugh! lol Oh well, it keeps me active :)

little grasshopper -- Thank you for the kind words! :D It's great to be back. Yep, I'm one of the first ones... Chele even had a name for me.. lol I forgot what it was though :^:

HS -- No way am I ever leaving again without good reason! :D :p It's gonna take a lot of hard work to get to my goal and when I finally do get there, It's gonna be a lot of hard work to maintain it... LOL So I'm definitely gonna be needing my SA friends!! :)

Miss Elisha -- Hi! Nice to meet you! Congrats on loosing that pound!! :high:

Okay, I have to get ready for work.. I'll catch up with yall tomorrow!

Tulip-Fairy
03-25-2004, 12:58 PM
:sorry: :sorry: :sorry: SORRY I'VE BEEN AWOL!!!!!!! :p :dunno: :o I've been gone ages!!!! :o Sorry, but time is just flying by at the moment!

Great to see you Shelly :cp: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :cp: :cp: :cp: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :dancer: :cb: :cb: :cb: we really missed you when you left...me and Splashes were pinning (sp?) for ages!! :( :( Well done on your 9lb loss!!

My eating is up and down at the moment...we are still hoping to get this sandwich bar so am testing out recipes all day..and trying not to over eat things!! :?: Is really hard! :eating2: :goodscale I'm still 125 / 126 so i'm hanging in there........JUST! :^:

Grassie - hope you feel better soon, sleep as much as you can so your bod has a chance to recover! I know thats easier said than done but......!

Way Hay to Elishas collarbone!!! :bravo:

Any news from Leanne?

What about RAven?? is she still around or has she gone AWOL also??

And lastly.........Splashes......ANOTHER LOAF!!!......WHAT DID I SAY LAST TIME THAT HAPPENED??? That i'd put oyu over my knee, send you to bed without any supper then ground you over the weekend!!! Now the next time you reach for that loaf...remember my words!!!! :nono: :nono: Naughy Splashes!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

SthrnBelle
03-25-2004, 01:25 PM
Hey, everyone.

I forgot my exact user name and password, so I had to change. I used to be SthrnButterfly or SouthernButterfly or something like that!

I decided to come crawling back and see if you'll could forgive me for disappearing. :o Life's been crazy the past few months. I'm not for sure how much weight I've put back on. I'm scared to weigh. The ole' ED is trying to show his ugly face around here. I'm really fighting with him right now. I'm looking into some group therapy and trying to find out how to go about seeing a therapist. My insurance requires me to do things in a certain order. Don't want to miss one of their steps and get payment denial!

I hope everyone is doing good. It's great to see everyone again!

RavenToy
03-25-2004, 02:04 PM
Heyas... I'm here! Just been too busy to breathe lately. I don't think there's any hope at all of really catching up. :o Listen, I've been so busy that this morning I FORGOT TO WEIGH MYSELF! How often does that happen!? :D

I'm hanging in at around 179, according to yesterdays numbers. That puts me at 7 pounds down for this month so far. Since my goal is 5 pounds, I'm doing good. My stealth goal was 176, and I doubt I'll see that before the first of next month, but I might get another pound to budge. That would put me at my 40 pounds lost mark, with 43 left to go. I could handle that. ;)

I've also been dealing with a lot of frustration emotionally and financially, which makes it hard sometimes to talk. I follow the posts, and they keep me on track and on plan, but it's almost just too much effort to post, some days. Tonight is a horse night, I'm gonna continue the training of my pony - I'm so proud of him, he's doing SO well. Though I finally got to actually meet and talk to the farrier who comes to the stables, and I found out my baby is flat footed. It was kind of odd... I mean, I picked up on the fact that his feet were different from the other horses, but I never really made the connection. ANYway.. that means Arashi boy gets shoes next visit. Because by that time I should be ready to start a little more under the saddle work with him, and I don't want the soles of his feet getting all bruised up. Too much horse babble? I'm sorry.. it's kind of like the major bright spot in my life. He keeps me grounded and appreciative about what I have.

I'll try harder to keep up from now on.. I promise!!

little grasshopper
03-25-2004, 02:50 PM
RT - never too much rambling!! If it's what makes you happy and keeps your grounded we want to hear about it. As you can see I've been having a lot of stress and trouble too. Congratulations on staying on your program!!! I wasn't able to do that. Had to give it up for right now. I'm really impressed that you are doing so well!

I'm feeling stronger every day. I think BF was feeling neglected in the stress catagory - he wrecked his bike last night. He's messed his foot up and the only way he's not in real real pain is to flex his ankle and toes as close to his shin bone as possible. He just hangs out like that. I've finally convinced him he needs to AT LEAST be at a doctor's office. He's going today. Hopefully nothing is torn completely or broken. Poor boy - that's what he gets for jumping off walls like a 15 year old!!!

So cool to see so many faces today!!!!! TF - I hope things settle down for you with the business soon!!! Wow!! How life can change! Very exciting!!!!!

And SB - I remember you! Glad you're back!!! We can dodge the scales together for a while until you're ready to get on them. I'm staying clear for now :) :) I think I'll be ready for some carb cutting next week :) might be time to get back on after induction is over :)

Well I'd better get some work done. Have to drive the honey to the doc today. Poor guy. He's more hurt that his bike is broken, than his he is about his foot. Kid at heart!

Tulip-Fairy
03-25-2004, 04:46 PM
WooHoo!!!!!!! SB's in the house.....that means Splashes has got us all back!!! YIPPEEEEEE!!! :dizzy: :dizzy: :lol:

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: WELCOME BACK SB - so glad you could join us again...you've got a lot of catching up to do, loads of stuff has happend to us all since we last saw you!!

Raven don't worry about rambling too much especially horses, that's right up Splashes street - or by the same token, just popping in to say "hello" coz there isn't enough time is ok too!! Thats what i intend to do if i haven't got time to write an essay!! :lol:

Grassie - you can hold SB's hand in the back ground while the rest of us jump on the scales ok??

Well that's two messages from me today - eeeee it all or nothing with me!! ;)
I'll try to pop in tomorrow...await a important phone call tomorrow about sandwich bar, then i'm off to have my hair done (get rid of my grey, but don't tell anyone!! :^: )
I also won't be here over the weekend as hubby is taking me to the coast for the weekend........no kids for two whole days!!! :dizzy: :dizzy: yippeeeee!! So if i don't pop in tomorrow, i'll see you all on Monday!!
Bye
Tulip
~x~

Hotsplashes
03-25-2004, 07:53 PM
Gees I just had the strangest vision after reading all the posties...

Grassie and SB holding hands while the rest of us play doubledutch on the scales, Raven riding Arashi around singing one of those old skipping songs...each person taking their turns as the skipper or the turner!!lol Poor scales...boy wouldn't that be a work out for the bunch of us!!lol

Southern Butterfly!!! Welcome Back!!! Wow...Shelley, SB, LeAnne now and then...WOW...it's Family Reunion time at Scale Addicts!!

YAYYYYYYYY Im sooooo happy now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

little grasshopper
03-26-2004, 08:17 AM
Hi guys!! No scale hopping for me - I'm happy to hang out with SB and be supportive :)

The BF went to the doctor about his foot. Torn ligament. The doctor said he'd never seen anyone who's whole body was 1 injury. He's seen plenty of people that have several injuries at once time, but this one just sent shock waves through him and rattled his whole frame. Poor guy wakes up with Headaches every single day - didn't today! :) And he has a knott in his back that's been there so long it's part of him now - not there anymore. He said he feels like he should morn it's loss somehow. :) His foot is 75% better today - but that hasn't stopped the whining any. Of course he's going to blaze trails tomorrow so he can ride next week. (must be feeling better). Walks with ace wrap and NO movement in his foot but he's going to ride.....
boys will be boys......

I'm still doing really well. Glad it's friday though. This week seems like 3 in one. It was LONG!. I have clinic tomorrow then I can finally relax for the week. I want to go to the gym both days this weekend. Even if I just walk and lift a couple of weights - I want to BE there and get things jump started.

I'll talk to you guys soon....HS, that's one active imagination you have :) :) OHHHHH - one of my teachers has decided to certify everyone in Reiki 1. Since I already have the the first two she is going to give me level 3 instead. :) I can't take it until after school is out but I won't have to pay for it either!!!! VERY excited!

Hotsplashes
03-26-2004, 10:04 AM
WOOHOO a level 3 reiki!!! Yer gonna have to move up here Grassie, or me down there!lol Weather is warm here today...but rainy. I dont mind tho...you don't have to shovel rain! My knee is still really ouchie. but tolerable. Am going to grab a quick nap before work this afternoon. Will be back on after work tonite, Ladies!!

Hope to see more posties when I get on here after 9pm!

Shelley0574
03-26-2004, 10:32 AM
Mornin' yall!! Stepped on the scale this morning and it says I'm 149... I've been bouncing between 148-149 for the past week.. I sure hope this isn't another plateau!

My legs and feet are hurting so much.. and I have to pull another double today/tonight!! and it's Friday! (Friday's are the busiest days/nights). I'll be soaking my feet tonight that's for sure. :rolleyes:

The weather here is SO SO nice.. I LOVE this time of year.. time to plant my garden! :) That's if I can find some time! lol I'm not looking forward to those "hot as an oven" days though. :dizzy:

okay, guess I need to get ready for work. Seems like Groundhog Day for me everyday.. I need a vacation!! OH and TF-- have fun on your getaway!! It's nice to have alone time without the yungins sometimes!

BTW it's so nice to see everyone coming back!!! See yall tomorrow :)

Shelley0574
03-26-2004, 10:35 AM
OH one more thing.. I wanted to ask... do yall have weigh in days or is it just when we wanna? lol

SthrnBelle
03-26-2004, 03:58 PM
Happy Friday!!

I'm ready for a long vacation. Have to wait until December though. I'll be happy just to have a couple of weeks off of school.

Tomorrow I have to go to my mother's birthday party. My sis's wonderful boyfriend is supposed to have BBQ catered. Why do I have to live in Memphis with all of this delicious pork?

The weather is beautiful right now. It's about the only time I'm not dreaming of moving away. I want to go south in the winter and north in the summer.

Shelly - I hope you're liking the new job.

HS - I hope the knee feels better soon.

Grasshopper - congratulations!

Tulip - enjoy your weekend!

RavenToy
03-26-2004, 04:43 PM
*twitch* I've started to post about 400 times so far today and keep getting interrupted! Gah!

So ok .. I weighed in at 177.5 today. My scale is obviously playing with my head again because tomorrow I KNOW it's going to bounce back up. It does this to me on purpose, I know these things.

Do we have a weigh in day? Every day? Three times a day? :lol: (Hi, my name is Marian, and I'm a weigh-aholic.)

Too busy at work to do more than wave.. HS hope your knee is feeling better!! Ow!

*dashes back to work*

RavenToy
03-27-2004, 08:55 AM
Hey ladies! It's SATURDAY!! :D :D :D

And even more exciting... the scale stayed at 177.5. Now what?? OMG, if it bounces up now I'm going to be so annoyed. :lol: Because wow.. this puts me in a position to actually maybe possibly (!) achieve my stealth goal! I really just need to stop that. ;) But .. but .. but .. that would be so COOL!!! :hyper:

Ok .. today it's off to the stables. Richard is following along because he might have a contract job lined up with Rosa's hubby to do the networking and systems stuff on this startup company that Jeff hooked up with. And Rosa, the kids, and I are all off to the Humane Society (lord help me, I can NOT go into the back area) to meet the woman who runs it so we can start doing her web updates too. She desperately needs help, and it's all volunteer, but V can definitely use it as job experience on a resume. Then back to the stables to work the pony-ponies, and who knows what next. I am SO broke, food is just .. well, whatever I can scrounge up at the moment. I had to spend more money on horsie stuff than I'd budgeted for, so ... It's one of those "how am I going to make it to Thursday" deals. I'll figure it out.

I think right now I'm going to walk the dogs then do some taebo. Hope everyone's Saturday is going great!!

(Still fantasizing about hitting 176 by next Thursday morning.) :D

Shelley0574
03-27-2004, 12:36 PM
*yawn* Morning! :coffee: Yeah, its 10:15am and I'm just getting out of bed. lol Didn't get home from work until 11pm last night. :faint: I get to lounge around all day today though. I have to go back to work tonight. I'm not used to all this night working. I usually just work days but I'm taking someone's place because they had to go out of town.

SB -- I LOVE my job. :) It's only a waitressing job but it's really good money and the people I work with are like family to me. We have a lot of fun and I honestly think this is the best job I've had so far.

RT -- That's Awesome!!!!! Keep up the great work! Good luck with everything and hang in there. Everything seems to fall in it's place :)

Okay, I'm off for now. Hope everyone has a wonderful Saturday!!

Hotsplashes
03-28-2004, 12:44 PM
Morning everyone! Sorry for not being here since Friday...work kept me busy till late then yesterday I got so piled up with doing housework and not feeling well that i just slept most of the time if i wasn't doing nasty housework. Today is sunny but not as mild as predicted. Won't be planting gardens here for another 2 months sadly to say. As for stepping on the scales....I do it only when I'm not afraid to these days~lol

Hope everyone had a fun weekend!

Tulip-Fairy
03-28-2004, 02:52 PM
It's 7:45pm and we have been home about an hour now....we had a great weekend, we took long walks ate really nice food and finished all our conversations!!! I love my kids to bits but sometimes it's so nice to have their dad all to myself!!!!

Grassie....I went and walked for 2hours on saturday and then again for 1/2 hours on Sunday....and my legs are killing me now!!! Hey i took some excercise!!! :lol: :lol:

Shelley...I did waiteressing many years ago and loved every minute of it...there is a really party atmosphere in a restaurant!!! Hard on the legs tho! :(

SB - where are you going on holiday in December??? somewhere hot or NOT??

Splashes...wot you done to your knee?? and where are you working....think i missed a bit of post again :(

HOpe you all had a good weekend...see you in the week! :)

Tulip-Fairy
03-28-2004, 02:55 PM
oh..forgot to mention...
...didn't take our scales with us this weekend so am having scales withdrawals!!! Hubby as well as me...so i'll jump on in the morning as see what damage i have done over the weekend (although with all the walking i'm hoping its minimal!!) it's ToM though so i'm expecting a bit of water retention!!!

I;ll keep you posted!

little grasshopper
03-29-2004, 01:10 AM
Hi all! Can't sleep. Just wanted to pop in and say hello. The weekend has been very nice. It is great to see so many of us here! I just got an email from an old friend. She has lost 50 pounds since I last saw her. Very inspirational! :) I'm going to be better this week, then better the next! I'm actually looking forward to working out tomorrow :)

Hope everyone had a good weekend. I'll write more tomorrow when I'm not so tired....

Tulip-Fairy
03-29-2004, 07:34 AM
Good Morning!!

Got on the scales this morning.......oh it's NOT good........129!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: I know it's alot of water from ToM (along with overeating at the weekend!! :p ) But still, it didn't make me feel good about myself! :( I am in serious negotiations with this catering business and feel like a jibbering wreak!!! :crazy: I have send my business partner/collegue in alone to try and finalise things, because if i go try to do it i will end up in tears today!!!!!! :cry: :cry:

Grassie i admire your determination...you wouldn't like to lend me a bit would you?? I'll give it to you back...i promise :^: I only need it for a little while until mine turns up again!! :lol3:

I'm going for a lie down now....bury my head and rest my aching tummy! Speak to you all soon!

Hotsplashes
03-29-2004, 09:18 AM
Good Morning everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flow1: :flow1: :flow1: :flow1:

Tis a lovely warm, sunny, Spring day today! Took the doggies out for their morning ablutions and what did I happen to find on my lawn???? A beautiful Purple Crocus!!! I know it's spring now!!! :yes: :yes: :yes:

Shelley, how goes the weightloss? I got up this morning not feeling like eating bacon and eggs so I had a big bowl of cheerios...am regretting it now!lol I find when I eat protein for breaky I feel good all day long...I REALLY need to follow the diet my Doc put me on...very similar to Atkins/ South Beach. :flow2: :flow2:

Tulip Fairy, I am so glad that your weekend went so well! I guess living in England is kinda like me living in Canada. You cross the Channel and you are in France, I cross the River and I'm in the US!lol I hope all goes well with your partner and the sellers! YOu sound sooo excited about this, I hope it works!!! Good Luck!! And don't worry about the gain...like you said...it's just water! :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

Grassie, you sound soooo much better after your 'recharge'!! Sometimes we all need to just sit back, relax, let the world go by, and recharge our emotional batteries. When we take care of ourselves, everything else tends to fall into place! :yes: :yes: :yes:

Raven, did you get to ride at all this weekend? Splash was a mudball, and I think I spend more time brushing her than riding her this time of year!lol the paddocks are a mess too, so all we are doing is turn out in the riding pens to save the grass for later. How go the sitting trot and twopoint positions? It's a real workout on the thighs and lower abs ain't it?LOL :workout: :workout: :workout:

Well, I don't see LeAnne or Southern Butterfly anywhere but I will say Howdie and hope you two had a great weekend! :D :D :D

I will be starting a new thread next Monday, ladies! Wow we'll be on Thread #7!!! YAYYy for us!!! I'm glad to see we're still hanging in there. I did sneak on the scales and wasn't happy. I'm up 2 lbs. But I'm sure I can work those off this week by proper eating and exercise. Dr. Phil says there's no such thing as will power...either you do it or you don't. And I am starting to believe it's true!lol It's all up to me and wether I make the choice to do it or not! Keep up the great work ladies and I'll see everyone later!!!!!!!!!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

RavenToy
03-29-2004, 10:28 AM
Good morning!!! :coffee:

I got my Pilates for Dummies tape and did my first pilates workout in about 5 months. Wow. I can do the whole thing, but I break a sweat and it's going to take me a while to relearn all the breathing and core muscle control again. Oof.

Shelley - Heyyyy, waitressing can be very lucrative!! And hard work, too! I'm really glad you're happy where you work, that's a great thing.

HS - Work? What work?? Did I miss something? Yes, I got to ride! And ride, and ride. Working hard on the two point - you know it's so much easier at a canter than it is at a walk or trot! But I finally understand now how to position my legs and shoulders, and exactly where to exert pressure with my legs, all that happy stuff. Posting is going much better now that I can ride more often (and not freeze my butt off!). I can do the three times around the arena in each direction pretty easily now - no loss of leg control on the last lap or two anymore. :o And that's AFTER practicing the heck out of the two point, so the legs are definitely getting a workout. And I'm having a BLAST!! I'm not crazy about Dr. Phil. But that's just me. Yes, it is a matter of just doing it or not, but doing it sometimes takes the power of sheer will. I know. I *am* doing it, and there are a lot of times where my force of will is the only thing that has kept me from NOT doing it. I think it just comes down to each person needing to figure out for themselves what is going to work. This time, for me, it's all about what I want more. Do I want that piece of pizza more than I want to lose that next pound? Is a Snickers bar more important to me than a drop in weight for the next couple days? What do I want more? This time around, it's been a desperate want to lose weight. That has become my overriding priority.

Grasshopper - So glad to hear your posts sounding less frenetic and more peaceful! I really do believe that sometimes we need to give ourselves a break. Mental, physical, and emotional.

Tulip - You certainly do have a lot on your plate right now! So to speak. :D Right now just focus on getting these negotiations out of the way, and soon enough you'll be back on track.

I'm at 176 this morning.. if I can hang on to that number till next Thursday morning I will be one very, VERY happy chickie. Happy Monday everyone!

Shelley0574
03-29-2004, 10:31 AM
GOOD Morning all :) I kinda splurged yesterday.. had a whole box of raisinettes (sp?) at the movies and before that, we went out to eat and I had a pina coloda.. lol We went and saw Scooby Doo 2.. very funny and cute movie!

HP-- I am still maintaining.. I am not really a breakfast person. I should be because I know it will help my diet! I was drinking those atkins shakes for breakfast but they were giving me ummmm let's just say my system was really messed up. lol What I really need to do is start working out again but I honestly cannot find the time. I stay really active at work though.. does that count? lol

TF-- I don't mean to sound jealous or inconsiderate.. but.. I wish I was at 129! I will just explode the day I reach that weight.. but I know how you feel. It's tough to get on those scales and see that you're up. Kinda makes me depressed all day long but I know that if I get back on track.. by the next week I'll be down again and that gives me the motivation! So just keep up the great work and wait till TOM is over and then try again! :)

Grassie -- WOW about your friend! That's awesome!!

okay, it's back to the grind for me. Gotta get ready for work... yall have a great day and I'll see yall later!!

Shelley0574
03-29-2004, 10:42 AM
Raven! look at you ya big loser! :) You're doing sooo good!

Yes, it can be very hard work but I'm happy doing it. I've been sitting within these 4 walls for years so it was a big change for me. I didn't know how I would feel "out there" in the work force when I first started... I'm just glad I work with such wonderful people who put my fears and nerves at ease.

Speaking of, I really have to go or I'm gonna be late! lol

SthrnBelle
03-29-2004, 12:25 PM
Good morning!! I'm still avoiding the scales like the plague. I went for a run this morning, and I have yoga tonight. Maybe by the end of the week I'll be ready.

tulip - Bf and I are going on a cruise to the Caribbean in December. We plan to see a few sights in Florida while we're there.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

little grasshopper
03-29-2004, 02:44 PM
SB a cruise?????? NICE :) My guy and I are going camping. We can take the canoe and pretend it's a cruise though :) That sounds wonderful and worth getting excited now over too :) You're gonna look great on that cruise - gives you something to push for :)

TF - nice to see you're holding it together. You borrow my determination today - I'm not using it. :( I'm having a horrible ToM this time around. I've tried every single "alternative" thing I know and have moved on to the good old prescription and NOTHING is working so far! I'm at the "either run until it stops hurting" or drink until you pass out point. At least I'm not eating during all this. I did eat something to fill my stomach but nothing bad at all.

last night I woke up about every hour to go to the bathroom. I must have lost 5 pounds of water weight in one night! I am exhausted today though...all that walking and squatting :)

Spring is all around - it's so exciting.....imagine, soon our only leg fear will be that they're too WHITE to be in shorts.... not too big :) :)

Hope everyone is having a good day!!! More later when I'm not having to filter out the profanity from the cramps!

Hotsplashes
03-30-2004, 08:34 AM
Good morning everyone! Glad to see everyone showed up yesterday!!! It wants to be sunny here today, but the clouds are winning out. I am eating a proper breakfast, I have a 7 hour shift today. So I want to make sure that I have energy all day long. Right now I'm doing the bartender/server thing again until something full time comes along.

I hope you are feeling better soon, Grassie. I know how you feel about the potty thing all night long. Get lots of rest!

SB! A cruise! I've never been on a cruise. It certainly is incentive to get into shape! And running and yoga all in one day, you Impress me to no end!lol

Raven, keep up the great work. I don't know how you do all the things you do! ANd such determination. YOu are the Determinator!lol

SHelley, a box of raisinettes and a pina colada are treats. Not bad things. We all deserve a treat now and then.

Tulip, I hope all is going well with the business negotiations...keep us informed and don't lose sight of your goals!

well, time for me to go finish my breakfast and take the doggies out for their walks. I'll try to hop on later tonite!!!

Hotsplashes
03-30-2004, 08:56 PM
Quiet day at Scale Addicts!lol Just stopping by on my way to a nice hot bath to say hello and sweet dreams to every one. Had a great day at work. It was busy so it went by fast and the tips were great. Ate well and avoided the urge for tater chips!

Tis raining cats and dogs here and looks to be rain in teh forecast for the whole week. I hope it clears up for my bday next week! I don't wanna be celebrating in teh rain with bad hair!!

Take care everyone and I'll see you all tomorrow either before or after work!

Tulip-Fairy
03-31-2004, 06:43 AM
Morning...!

couldn't post yesterday, every time i tried i got booted out :( Hopefully this will get through!

Ate reasonably well yesterday - not feeling quiet as bad as i did at hte beginining of the week spent yesterday on a school trip with my youngest daughter walking children up and down hills in the forest...good excersice or what??? :smug:

Raven - it does sound like i've got a lot on my plate, but after working full time for the past 8 years, when my kids were smaller now i seem to be rattling around doing very little....kids don't take half as much effort these days so i just feel like i'm wasting a lot of time at the mo!! Hope your sticking to your 176...it's nearly thursday....well done on all the excersice you've been doing, i wish i could be that motivated :?: !

Shelly - treats at the movies are just that - treats - we all need a little something at sometime or other!! I also know what you mean about sounding jealous and inconsiderate....i get the same reaction from loads of people...126 sounds great, but i am VERY short small boned with a curvy figure shape which can look overwieght very easily...if i go above this i feel really unhealthy..it's just the way i am!!
Glad your enjoying being back in the work force...it is kind of a nice place to be after years at home is't it?? I spent the first 6 years at home then started my own business, which meant i could take my kids with me, and juggle it all, but it put me back out there, which was great for my self confidence!!!

SB - A Cruise...you lucky thing...what an incentive to get into those shorts!!! WOW i'd love that..keep up the good work with the running and yoga, it will speed up the process!!

Grassie - thanks for the loan of the determination...it helped no end..feel much better today!!
I know what you mean about ToM..oh god i hate it...drinking until you pass out sounds good!!!! :lol: :lol: but the walking and squating sounds too much like excersice for my liking!! :p Grassie your letting the couch potatos down...excersicing while the rest of us sleep!!! :D :D

Splashes - sounds like working is going well, loads of tips sounds like the best bit!! :D Hope you enjoyed your bath?!
I wonder if it was quiet in here yesterday coz they all had the same problem as me??
Weather is cold but clear here in good 'ole England, I hope it stays that way as we are off to the coast at the weekend for some serious walking!!! :)

Until tomorrow
Tulip
~x~

Hotsplashes
03-31-2004, 09:29 AM
Just a quick morning hello, ladies!! glad you got in Tulip. And I wouldn't be surprised if that's the reason. I had the same issue the other day. This site seems to have some major glitches at times!

It's raining here but it's mild. And the famous saying goes...You don't have to shovel rain!

See everyone tonite after work!

Shelley0574
03-31-2004, 10:47 AM
Good morning friends! :) Hope yalls day is off to a wonderful start.

The scale still hasn't moved for me :( If I could find the time to do some exercise, I'd probably be losing faster. I've been stuck at this weight for 2 weeks now. *sigh* Haven't lost even an ounce and I've been eating really well...with the exception of the occasional treats :) Which shouldn't be the problem because I reward myself after a week or so of eating good.

TF -- I understand what you're saying. I'm 5'7 and all my weight is on my hips, thighs and butt. Most people carry thier weight all over but mine is all in one location... Even if I get down to my goal weight I can still look a little overweight. The rest of me can be a size 8 while my butt is a size 12.. LOL

Alrighty, off to work! Catch up with you gals later! :) Have a great day!

little grasshopper
03-31-2004, 10:51 AM
Hee hee - "you don't have to shovel rain!" I like that.

Hi guys! I'm feeling myself again. (okay, not "feeling myself" - feeling LIKE myself) I had a great nights sleep last night and even found the courage to get on the scales and see how much damage I've done these past few weeks (month). 145. It's bad but not nearly as bad as I'd thought. This is managable. I think I feel better just knowing I haven't picked up the 15 I thought I had. I did pick up 12 but the 133 I saw was so long ago was probably one of those flukes that can happen sometimes :) I'm thinking I was around 135 at the time.

TF - I'm glad the deterimination helped. I need it back though. I hope you understand. I'm sure you've found yours by now :) Oh, and I'm going to need it to do some exercising but believe me, I will be thinking of you and your couch the whole time :)

Shelly - I use to drink the shakes and they did the same thing to me! They were so good though I just kept drinking them for a while! sad huh....And don't worry about movie treats - you have to be able to live of this is not a way of life - it's a short term thing you live with and then fall off of. It's not an all or nothing race. I have to keep reminding myself of that. (and I have a bad habbit of letting a little slip pull me completely off the wagon). You're doing so well! Don't let teenagers at a movie theater make you feel guilty! :)

Okay guys. We've got a new teach. Been hearing about how incredible she is all year long - we've been stoked to meet her. She somewhere around 12 YEARS OLD. Okay, not that young but she looks like a teenager! She is good though and has very nice control over miss big for her britches. (who has been baking us cookies and bringing us house plants lately - I think she got the message). We are now learning painless trigger point therapy. Much nicer therapy than the type I use to get - left bruises and made me cry. This is painless for the receiver but today MY fingers are killing me! Now I have to build whole new muscles - wonder if they have a machine for these at the gym :)

I'd better get going. The gym is calling for me. If I keep ignoring it will stop. Talk with you all soon. Meri

Hotsplashes
04-01-2004, 02:12 AM
ok just popping in to say I'm on a caffein high!lol it's 1am here and i'm still buzzing!!lol watch out for them ChocoChai Lattes!!!

SthrnBelle
04-01-2004, 10:43 AM
Good morning. I hope all is well with everyone. I finally weighed myself this morning - 146. Not good. Not as bad as what I thought it'd be though. One of these days I will actually hit 135.

I'm trying to plan a nice romantic evening with the bf. I wish I knew of somewhere we could go for a dinner picnic. I don't want to go to a resturant. We eat out enough as it is. I've never been good with the romantic thing.

Better get to work. Have a wonderful day!

Tulip-Fairy
04-01-2004, 03:47 PM
ahhhhhhhhh - - - WHERE'S MY POST????????????????????

I posted this morning, a long one as well and i've popped back in tonight to catch up as my post was after HS's caffine high so i was the second on today...and it's NOT THERE!!!!!!!!!
HU HU huhhhhhhhhhh - it's not fair!!! I can't type it all again, can't remember all of it!!

oh well - hope your all having a great thursday...i'll "try" to post again tomorrow!!

Hotsplashes
04-01-2004, 04:37 PM
Seems I'm not the only one who's had issues with the site eating up my posts.

SB...a picnic sounds very romantic! A nice place by a stream or lake would be nice...too cold up here tho. Hope it's warmer down there. Don't worry, 146 isn't too far from 135!! You'll do it!

Tulip...it's frustrating isn't it! It's happened to me several times...or it's only shown half of it...or split it up in the wrong places....I wish they would get these issues fixed on this sight...seems like they are more concerned with getting cute little icons than with fixing the real issues.

It's cold and rainy here today, and I'm consoling myself with toast and butter. Not a good thing...but at least it's not tater chips and chocolate! Weather Channel says it's going to be raining right thru until next thursday. And snow for the weekend. So that means next Tuesday will be a washout...literally. Another wet, cold Bday...that sucks...

Happy April 1st folks!

little grasshopper
04-01-2004, 05:10 PM
Poor HS - more snow!!! I won't tell you how nice it is here today then. of course in a couple of months, then the heat index if 110 in the shade, you can laugh at me. :)

Guys, I got on the scales today and I'm down 1/2 pound. It's a start. Today we got stressful news about my cousin in Iraq. His convoy hit two land mines this week and the vehicles right in front of and behind his vehicle. All of the soldiers in the two Hummers were killed and the stress of it caused on of the guys in my cousin's vehicle just lost it. They had to pull him of his gun and now my cousin is the gunner. That puts him in an even more vulnerable situation. I'll be so glad when we don't have to worry about the lives of people we love - but I think that day is a bit away still. Don't worry, not trying to start political conversations, just needing to let off steam or something like that about my cousin's two close calls. I remember changing his diaper...doesn't seem like he's old enough to be where he is!

SB good luck with your romantic evening! It's really sweet to plan it in the first place!! :)

okay guys I am getting work done today, so I'd better get back to it. Talk to you more tomorrow.

Hotsplashes
04-02-2004, 03:25 PM
My thoughts are with you and your brother Grassie! My brother is finally home from Afghanistan. I know what you are going through. He's been there since 911. I tell you...it's not conducive to a healthy lifestyle. Especially if you are a stress eater like myself.

Tis cold and rainy here again. I'm starting my Weeklong Celebration of my Sparkly Day on Tuesday. Tonite my sister and I are going out to my favorite cafe for ChocoChai latte. Tomorrow nite my friends are taking me to dinner and dancing. And it just keeps going from there till next Sunday. Which will end my Sparkly Day bash with lotsa chocolate!!! YAYYYYYY

I'll see everyone later more than likely!

Hotsplashes
04-03-2004, 11:37 AM
Hmmmmm I'm all by myself in here! How sad is that. I didn't do diddly squat yesterday...I think this weather is really starting to get me down. BUuuut good news is...I haven't been eating badly. Not really hungry these days. Arthritis is killing me with all the rain too...so don't feel really active. But am going to the barn today...that should get me going...a bit..see y'all later I hope!

Tulip-Fairy
04-03-2004, 05:37 PM
Good evening!
Just thought I'd pop in before i go away on our Easter holidays - not sure how long we are going for..hubby has an appointment on Wednesday so he will be back for that but we (me & the kids) may just stay at the coast...depends on the weather really!!!

I'm going to try to keep to a healthy eating plan and i intend to walk every day and if it's not too cold i'll surf as much as i can as well!!

HS - have a great birthday!!!! :hb: :gift: :balloons:

Grassie - well done on the 1/2lb loss, better than a gain :smug:

See everyone when i get back :)

Hotsplashes
04-04-2004, 01:13 AM
Have a happy Egg Day Tulip!!! I'm just popping in afore I turn my clocks ahead. Have a great day tomorrow folks!!!

Shelley0574
04-05-2004, 10:51 AM
Hi yall! How's it goin? Sorry I haven't posted in a few days... life got really busy there for a while :)

I was really bad this weekend. I'm not going into details as to what I ate but I think I gained a couple of pounds. I'm not even getting on the scale to find out how many. :lol: I'm gonna be extra good this week though. OH and I'm buying a new treadmill soon!! I can't wait.. I love to walk and walking is the best form of exercise to loose weight in my experience.

My head hurts! I put some dog food in my dogs bowl this morning. I had to bend over to do it...and when I stood up, my head hit the corner of my kitchen counter... owie!! What a way to start off the day. I feel like someone hit me over the head with a baseball bat!

Grassie.. I know how you feel.. my brother in law was in Kuwait for over a year and there wasn't a day that went by where I didn't think about him or worried about him. He just came home about 3 weeks ago. My thoughts and prayers are with you as well. and a big :bravo: for your 1/2 pound loss!!

SB -- hope your romantic evening went well! :)

Okay, guess I better get off here and get ready for work. HS -- If by some chance I don't get to get on the puter tomorrow...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!! I hope you have a wonderful day full of surprises :)

Ta Ta for now!

Hotsplashes
04-05-2004, 01:00 PM
OK ladies...I'm starting Thread #7 so if you are here...go there!!

Hope you went and got yer head checked, Shelley!! I hope you don't have a concussion! Get better soon!