Support Groups - College Gals #2

View Full Version : College Gals #2

Seren Dee
04-01-2001, 11:01 AM
Hey!! How is everyone doing? Well, I don't know about you guys, but when the thread goes on to the next page, I think it's time for a new one!

I've had a good weekend so far. I haven't exactly been eating well, but I haven't really been eating a lot when I do eat, so it sorta evens out, I hope! But today we're going to the grocery store for food. The only thing about that is that we're not too creative with our meals and we end up getting the same things that we know are low in points. I've tried looking on the internet for good recipes, but they are usually too complicated and take spices and stuff that we don't have. We don't deal with stuff like crushed garlic cloves and all that stuff!! So, I know someone suggested this already (sorry, I don't remember who it was!), but we really should try to give ideas for interesting recipes. It sure would help alot.

And with that, while this isn't a recipe, it is something interesting. Have any of you tried that Brummel and Brown butter? The apple cinnamon stuff is great!! And it's 1 pt for a tablespoon. for those on WW:) On bagels, it's great! And if you eat a bagel with 2 tbspn. it's 6 points. Not bad for breakfast!

Kim... Hey!! Thank you for signing my guestbook and for the compliment!! (Though you know how it is... sometimes it's hard to believe).

Thanks guys!!

Seren Dee

PS. I pierced something. Does anyone have any piercings, because I was woozy and the guy was like "Blah, blah, blah, Ok?" So I'm not really sure what I should be doing, y'know? Ok! Bye!

Seren Dee
04-01-2001, 04:51 PM
Ok, now I'm just talking to myself. It's ok!:)

I have another idea. I'm sure y'all have all heard that the best thing to do is make small goals for yourself and conquer them, then set another small goal... sorta "mini-goals" to get to the big one. I think we should verbally announce them, and once we've reached the small goals, everyone can do something special for them... sorta like one would do for someone's birthday. Now, since we are just friends here on the message board, which I hope changes eventually, there's not much we could do. But it would be nice to send that person a little ecard or whatever. Ok, I'm stretching, maybe... but it would just be... It's an extra supportive boost, y'know?

Ok, ta-ta for now!
Seren Dee

PS. I'm in a mood today. (This is good!) :dizzy: :D

CharlotteSometimes
04-02-2001, 07:25 PM
Seren Dee-
Sorry! I didn't know there was a new thread! So I copied this and pasted it into this new one.

I was soooo bad, guys. I don't think I put any weight back on, but I was bad. I'm weighing about 167ish these days. Yay! But this weekend, oh man....

I went to McDonald's and Denny's on Saturday. Then, KFC and Taco Bell on Sunday. But, I could tell my stomach had shrunk because I picked at most of the food...and I got full so easily. I'm back on track again today, though. I'm sure at 3:00 I'll be off to Subway for my daily sandwich. I think it'll be roast beef today. Oh yeah, I also drank about ten sodas this weekend! My body is craving water badly!

Hope you all did better than myself. I'm getting really stressed lately, with two big exams coming up, two term papers, working is starting to pick up again (12 hour work days, plus school), and friends are upset with me for not seeing them enough. It's just overwhelming to have to watch what I eat as well. But it doesn't mean I'm not going to do it! I felt so disgusted with myself after I ate all of that....

New day, though, and I'm going to fix it!

Morgan--A lot of people seem to have success on WW, but it all depends on your lifestyle and what you can handle. Exercise and eating right will always get you there, no matter what plan you're on. Remember that it is only healthy to lose about 2 lbs a week (except in the beginning when you lose excess water), so if impatience is the problem, it would probably be a bad idea to change what you're doing.
Just realize that whatever plan you go with isn't temporary, but a permanent change in you're eating habits that you have to (more or less) stick to for the rest of your life to remain a healthy weight. Good luck!!!

~Kim
"You'll never gain weight from a donuthole." -Tori Amos (Doughnut song)

P.S. What did you pierce, Seren? I've had about 10 or so piercings in my ears, but now I'm down to about 3 (closed them all). I also used to have my ears stretched to a 0 gage (that's when there big and you could stick a pencil through them if you wanted to). I closed those back down to a normal size, but I'm thinking about opening them up to about a 2 gage again. Anyways, I have lost of friends with tongue, belly button, and sorts of stuff....so, I know that where most of us get ours done they give us this eucalyptus soap to wash with every day. You also have to move the ring around every day, so it doesn't close up around the ring and you can't move it. Each one has different healing times, anywhere from 3 weeks to 6-9 months! I'm not sure what you're referring to, though.... I had my tragus pierced when I was 15, that's the spot on your ear right next to the inside of your ear, that tab-like thing that's really thick. It took 3 months to heal completely, but now it's great. Hope you didn't do it with a gun, though, because guns cause infections really easily...

Girlie
04-02-2001, 07:39 PM
Hey ya'll.

Piercings: Just five in my ears..slowly closing. I think it's all novelty for me now.

I had a decent weekend. Down another pound. I've been finding some great low fat foods.

I think your idea, Seren, is great...making small goals. I already have the big goal, but I think I've decided to try to get down to 195 by April 18th. That's almost 4 pounds a week, which isn't very healthy, but I'm visiting my mom in Philadelphia then, and when I saw her a year ago, I was that weight and she wouldn't shut up about how fat I was, so at least I'll weigh the same so she can't be even more astounded! Really, I'd like to get below 200. Any of you who are over 200 probably know how terrible it feels to be over the 200 mark. The first time I ever saw the 2 I was so shocked, but then it just became normal...so now I just want to get into the 190's! So, okay, realistically I'll say my goal is:

199 pounds by April 16th. That's exactly two weeks to lose 4 pounds. That's pretty decent.

I feel myself losing weight, but unfortunately we can't choose where we want to lose the weight if you know what I mean!!!

Kim: at least you admitted when you fell! That's great! It's really hard when you're so busy. 12 hour days for work is terrible! Do you really have to do that? 8 hours a day M-F is bad enough for me! I liked your quote! I have one too...

"...and girls who eat pizza never gain weight...never gain..weight..." Tori, "Father Lucifer"

Seren Dee
04-02-2001, 10:48 PM
Hey, guys!! Well, I know what you're talking about when you mentioned that 200 lb mark. I am at 220 right now... blah!! It's been so long since I've been under 200, that I don't even know how it is going to feel!! I do remember thinking to myself "I refuse to hit 230! Then... I refuse to hit 240!! Well, 250 was my highest before I started that whole not-eating situation.

Piercings: I've never really been into them, but I decided I wanted one. I was going to do my tonge, but I couldn't see doing that. I talk too much to not be able to talk for 3 days!! Bellybuton? Umm... like I said, I'm 220. There's no point in that right now, for me anyway. Hopefully next year I'll be ready for that. So... I got my eyebrow pierced. (I put new pics of it up on my site:) )

My mini-goal... to get to 200. I'm not really setting a time... I'm just gonna do something nice for myself when I get there:)

I had a good day points-wise. I had a bowl of cereal for breakfast, Subway for lunch, and Chili for dinner. I didn't get all of my veggies or all of my water in. Those are the two things I still have to work on with this Weight Watchers program. I am also planning on going back to the gym, but I owe them $60 that I don't have:)

That's it for today!! I'll talk to y'all soon!

Seren Dee

truth
04-03-2001, 03:36 AM
hey y'all

Piercings : None actually. I know a couple of ppl that have done the tongue thing and it looks pretty kewl but, I don't know if I actually have the guts to go and pierce the tongue. I'm told it doesn't hurt but, the thought hurts. lol

I had a really good day today. Did nothing but drink gallons of water (at least it seemed like that), had cereal for breakfast, a sandwich for lunch, and chicken/salad for supper. Didn't really get to my ab exercises but, I did take my dog out for a walk so it all evened out I'm sure.

Anyways, hope everybody had a good day. :)

Seren . . . that sounds like a really good way of motivating everybody towards their goal.

Morgan

Girlie
04-03-2001, 09:42 PM
I think when I hit my goal, I'm going to reward myself with a belly-button ring....if I can decide whether I can stand the pain or not!!! But some of the most girly girls I know have done it so I know I can!

I feel so full right now! I just had sushi for dinner...gosh, it was sooo good though! I'll have to work out extra hard tonite....the sushi itself isn't very fattening, it's just how much I ate! Now I'm guzzling down the water and I feel like big slob. Do you ever feel that way? I have a hard time drinking my water, so I tend to drink a lot at one time, especially after I just ate something, so it causes me to really get all bloated up and squishy feeling...blah...like I just did a good thing, but I feel so terrible! Ha!

Anyway, Hope you're all doing well. Talk to you soon!

Girlie

Seren Dee
04-04-2001, 09:43 AM
Hey, guys!! For some reason, I'm losing weight (Not that I'm complaining!!) :) I've been doing really well with the water. That's always been difficult for me. I'm making myself do it, and it looks like it might be paying off. Now I just need to work on getting those veggies in and getting to the gym!!

Ok, I just wanted to share!! c-ya later!!

Seren Dee

(250/220/135)

Girlie
04-04-2001, 06:21 PM
You know, there is a girl in one of my classes who had been in a class with me a couple of years ago..and I noticed that she totally lost weight. I asked her about it. In September of just last year, she started Weight Watchers. She was 250 pounds. She hit the gym and kept track of her points. Six months later, she hit 178 (I talked to her last month. I've never really thought about it, but in 6 months from now (quick months!) I can be right at my goal! She told me she never exercised before, and was overweight all her life. Once she started hitting the gym and watching what she ate (NOT starving herself), the pounds just dropped like mad. Now, she's only 20 pounds away from her goal...

I like to think about all this like this: Just 5-6 months of sacrifice from me, can get me to my goal. This "thing" that I think about all day, every day, can be over. And by then it won't be a sacrifice anymore. Once I see that I'm back to my old self and feeling SO much better about myself, I'll never want to go back. We all know that six months can go by SO quickly. I just started a few weeks ago and it's gone by so quickly!

I joined my gym a year ago January. It was so depressing for a whole year to go by and I weighed more than what I started with! I dropped some weight early last year and gained it all back...all those hours of exercising and sacrifice was gone...wasted!

So just think about this...where will YOU be in 6 six months? That's all it can take and you can be 50 pounds lighter, just in time for graduating from college!

Seren Dee
04-05-2001, 09:44 AM
Wish me luck, girls!! Today's my weigh-in. I always dread these days. It seems like I always weigh heavier on these days!! :P I think I've lost tho. I've been doing really well with my water, and yesterday I got a lot of my fruits and veggies in (although not all, I don't think.) Anyway, I just wanted to check in with everyone. This thread seems to have died down a bit, but I hope those of us who still post will continue to do so. I've been through a couple of threads that have completely stopped, and it gets tiring, y'know? :)

Anyway!! I'll come back later and tell you how my weigh-in and my day went!!

Seren Dee

truth
04-05-2001, 05:14 PM
It's amazing to think where you'll be 6 months from now. I honestly have no clue as to where I'm gonna be. The last few days I've found kinda difficult but, once the day is over, I'm really proud of myself that I never went to my temptations. You feel better, and so much healthier once you've done that. I've been drinking tons of water . . . decided to stop having caffine (I think that's how it's spelt), chocolate, and fried foods in my diet. A girl in my Spanish class just decided to totally drop those things from her diet and she's lost 15 lbs already. I just kinda thought that would be a great way to start off.

I'm hoping that when Aug comes around, I'll be closer to my goal and happier with myself. :)

Have a great day ladies. Hasta luego

Chao

Morgan

Seren Dee
04-06-2001, 07:38 AM
Within six months, I'd like to be about 50 lbs or more lighter. I plan on really busting butt this summer to get this thing well on it's way. I'll have lots more time for the gym or whatever, and next semester's schedule will allow for it, too.

Well, I went to my weigh-in last night, and I'm down 2.8 lbs!! I am so excited about this! It's just what I needed! The only thing is... I started taking Dexatrim last week, but I stopped. It's an appetit suppressent, but it also burn calories. That's why I stopped taking them. I thought about it and I don't want to get down to what I wanna be and stop taking them and gain it all back. Y'know, cause I won't have that extra thing automatically burning calories. I know, suppliment for it, but that's a hard thing to do, especially when I plan on adding exercise to my routine sometime soon anyway. Does anyone understand this, or am I being silly about it? I dunno... I just don't want anything to hinder what I *am* going to have, y'know?

I think it has a lot to do with the fact that I've been trying to drink lots of water, and most of it was probably a one-time water-weight loss. Ok, I'm running late, so I'll talk to you guys later!!

Seren Dee

(250/221/135)
*Determination and motivation are the keys!*

CharlotteSometimes
04-06-2001, 09:20 PM
Hey girls! I'm sorry I haven't posted in a bit. I played hookie from work a few days (it's been really tough to handle lately), and I'm not here to post on the weekend. Anyhow, I probably haven't been on here much because I haven't been eating right all week long. I physically feel like crap for not eating right, too. I've learned to listen to my body, guys...it feels good. I think pretty soon, eating right won't be an effort. It feels good to eat right, and I know all this week I've felt sluggish and icky. So, I just want to apologize...I don't want to let you guys down with my mistakes. You're all doing so great and I'm really proud of you. Seren, WAY TO GO!!! I'm very happy for you! Everyone else, too. I'll try to get myself back on schedule and behave. I've just used how hectic my life is right now as an excuse to indulge. But trust me, indulging doesn't make me feel any better...in fact, probably worse in the end. I'm just.....really....overwhelmed. I stayed home and slept in and avoided taking my midterms. I'm probably going to fail the semester if I don't get myself together. If I try hard from this point on, I'll probably pass with Cs. But I don't know if I can hang on. I'll be so disappointed in myself if I don't....but I'm moving next month, and work is absolutely crazy...(I worked 17 hours on Tuesday), and my social life is incredibly stressful. I know that sounds dumb, but my friends can be so demanding of me sometimes. It takes energy for me to make everyone happy. I just want to scream!!! I don't know what to do....I need a vacation. But I can't....I have to get everything together. It's just so hard, you guys....Sorry, I'm rambling. I just don't know how to fix school. Maybe I can get it together over spring break. Mine just started yesterday.....

ARgh! Sorry to dump this on everyone! Keep up the good work!

~Kim

Girlie
04-06-2001, 10:17 PM
I've been doing quite well with my eating, and I made it to the gym every day this week...even twice yesterday!

I don't think I've lost any weight..I'll see on Sunday. If not, it's okay because I know I'm doing well. Too bad because the weight I've lost so far is my chest!!! It sucks, but as long as in the end I get my hourglass figure back, I'm okay.

Girls, we all have bad days...it's not easy...we really have to think about what we're putting into our bodies. Every meal, we have to look at it...stay away from fast food...there isn't really ANY fast food that's good for you... I thought I'd share some tips because I know most of us are on the go and preoccupied...I know I'm not exactly the weight loss queen myself, but I'm really learning.

1) Plan your meals. You don't exactly have to do it down to a T, but know what you're eating..don't leave the house for work without knowing what you're gonna eat. Plan snacks. Don't keep junk food in the kitchen if you know you'll be tempted.

2) Every "little" bite counts! It does...one chip will turn into two...look at what you're eating and think about it. Most people don't think about what they eat...they just sort of shrug their shoulders and eat it and feel bad later. It's not worth it!

3) Don't rely on fast food!! I know we're all busy...but it's so much better that you can make your own meals and know what's in it. If you really have to get food, stay away from fried foods and burgers..(ha..that's about everything!). Even if it's a chicken, that doesn't mean it's good for you! Stay away from mayo unless it's fat free (even reduced fat mayo and dressings can have a ton of fat). Go to taco bell and get beans without cheese and rice without cheese. KFC - get chicken breasts and take the skin off....the skin itself is loaded with fat. At Subway, skip the mayo and cheese and get spicy mustard and load up with veggies. McDonalds, get a garden or chicken salad with the fat free vinaigrette dressing...get two of them! If you HAVE to get fries, get a kid's size. Most other fast food places don't really have anything but salads. If you can't resist, stay away from them. I know...I would just go to places because they were easy...but I totally paid for it in the 20 pounds I've gained since September!

4) Veg Out. If you get the munchies at work, have carrot sticks, canned fruit, fresh fruit available. If you have pretzels, make sure it's one serving. I learned to really like carrot sticks...I can eat all I want of them and get that 'full' feeling, and it's all good for me.

Anyway, I'm done for now. If you are interested in any other advice, ask me, because I totally want to help any of you. It makes me help myself too. ninfan91@hotmail.com

truth
04-08-2001, 10:43 PM
Hey girls,

Sorry I haven't been in lately. My puter is actually broke down at the moment, so I'm at the b/f's place now. I've been doing really well lately. I weighed myself Saturday morning, and . . . ta da . . . I've lost 4lbs! I'm excited. I've been sticking with everything, walking almost every night. I found that jump rope is an excellent exercise. Totally keeps the heart pumping.

Anyways, I think that's about it. Hope everybody is doing well and having a good week-end.

Chao
Morgan

Girlie
04-09-2001, 09:08 PM
Truth - good for you! That's great. Yep, the jump rope is a toughie!

Hope everyone else is doing well. I'm down another pound. When I stepped on the scale for the first time about a month ago, I was 216...when I started back at 3FC's last month I was 213, so I changed my stats a bit...I still feel miserably fat though. It's getting warmer here in the midwest, and I took out some of my old skirts and pants from last summer and they still don't fit very well. At least I didn't try them on a month ago! Wanna get below 200 by Easter, or by the time I leave for Philadelphia on April 18...we'll see if I can do it! I think so!

Seren Dee
04-09-2001, 11:08 PM
Girlie-

I'm feeling your pain! These temperatures in the midwest are great, but they bring horrible reprocutions00 shorts and tank tops!! I almost refuse to wear shorts, and I won't be seen in them unless absolutely necessary!!

It's so much better than the bitter cold we've been having, tho!

Ok, anyway!! Here's a tip for y'all. At www.dottiesweightloss.com, there is a thermometer there. I don't remember exactly what the link is, but it tells you how to calculate the numbers that you fill into the thermometer after you print it out. I think it's a great way to keep track of your progress. You can either use it for your mini goals or for your ultimate goals. I know I got to fill in one of the notches on the thermometer, and I got so excited about it!! I can't wait until it's completely filled up!!

Ok! I think I'm doing pretty well this week. After last weeks 2.8 loss, it's given me tremendous motivation. I just hope I keep it up!!

Ok, I think that's about it for now.

Have a great OP day!!

Seren Dee

CharlotteSometimes
04-10-2001, 05:38 PM
I missed you guys! I'm sorry....I just got off course for a week and a half. I was so stressed, and I was only making it worse! Today, I got up at noon, and went to work, so I haven't eaten anything yet. I'm about to go downstairs to our cafe and get a bottle of Tangerine juice (I love the stuff). I'm probably headed back to Subway for lunch. Tomorrow I'll go shopping for some frozen meals and snack, cuz I'm running low. I'm feeling great about this....I just have to make sure that next time I fall of the wagon, it's only for one meal, or one day...I noticed that after I've had that one "bad cheat" I don't even appreciate the rest of the crap I ate anyway. So if I decide I need to be bad, then I might on those rare occasions when my willpower really breaks down. But I won't continue the trend this time...I'm really learning that everyday is a NEW day and what I did the night before doesn't matter as long as I try again. I'm so sorry I haven't been around, everyone! You all seem to be doing so well!

I'll probably post again later, but I'm off work Wednesday, so....

Have a great day!
~Kim
P.S. Seren Dee--You really helped me...thank you so much!

Girlie
04-10-2001, 09:32 PM
Boy, did I have a really bad day today. I love french fries and well...yeah. I get tempted by fast food too! This hoagie shop by Bradley University has the most awesome hand cut fries...and I was tempted today! I feel so terrible!

At least I always have my daily workouts to help me feel better. I hate going to the gym to see all the skinnyminnies there...some day I'll be able to wear nice looking gym clothes rather than my oversized wind pants and big t-shirts! And I DON'T mean running around naked either. The decent thing is I seem to work harder than the skinny girls do, so I don't feel so bad.....

I bought dumbells so I think I'll use them tonite at home. I think it would be really cool to get an glider or some sort of elliptical machine at home. I'm sure it would be much cheaper than the gym though.

I need to get more carrot sticks to snack on! Plus, I haven't had much water today. Geez, what a day! I'll never get below 200!!!!

Kim - we all have our 'down days'...like I always say...at least you can admit it and move on!

Seren Dee- I saw your site the other day. You're cute!

Talk to you all later!

Girlie

Seren Dee
04-11-2001, 12:00 AM
Girlie-- Hey thanks!! :) Sometimes that's hard to believe cause I don't see myself that way, you know?

Kim- I want you to know that I'm here anytime you need me. I'm really glad I was able to help you out. That's what we're all about. Sometime, in the near or distant future, I may need the same from you or someone else. It is a circle!:D

Ok, so here is my today... I did well. Today, there was a pitch-in at work. I don't get there until 12:30, but it was still in progress when I went into the break room. I ate my little Healthy Choice frozen lunch. There was also cake and banana pudding. I was sooo tempted. I rationalized. Oh, BANANA pudding... Fruit!! Then someone ruined that for me by mentioning that they made it with a whole freakin pound of sugar!! So, I caved a *tiny* bit. I got a itty bitty piece of that cake. Like about a 1/2 inche wide by 2 inches long. Just enough to calm my awful cravings. I was awfully proud of myself!!

Then, for dinner, I ate a sandwhich with deli-sliced chicken. I made sure to put lots of tomato and lettuce on there to count as a veggie. Then I stemmed broccoli and cauliflower. I'm not sure if I'll be able to do it again, though, because it made me sick. But I went to a step class anyway. Now I'm paying the price... horrible stomache aches. I don't know what its about, but I don't like it!! Oh well. I'll get over it.

Sorry, guys, I'm particularly long-winded tonight for some reason. So I'm done now, I think. Hope to hear from all of you soon!!

Seren Dee

Seren Dee
04-12-2001, 09:29 AM
Hey, everyone!! Where are y'all?!

Ok, I have a dilema... but not one that anyone can help me with... well, mostly. I was talking to my best friend, (Who is a guy, and who is away to college in freakin' Texas!) Anyway!! He wants me to go road tripping with him this summer. He's talking about either Florida, Niagra falls, or yellowstone. If we get the money, (Dilema #1), it will more than likely be Florida (Dilema #2). So, I need to lose as much weight as I can and raise enough money as I can and work my butt off for these things by whenever it is that we decide we can go this summer. I'ver miraculously gotten down to 218. Two weeks ago, I was at 223. I'm not sure why, and I'm not complaining. I just hope it continues!! I guess they were right... I was on a plateau, and I just had to get over it. I hope I don't have another one of those for like 40 lbs. The only thing about this deal is that I don't wanna be in a bathing suit on the beach in Florida!! And Especially in front of my best friend. He says of this, "Hon, you gotta have fun! Don't worry about it!" Easier said than done... especially when he's one of those people who never gain weight and he's nice and thin and muscular. To him, I say :P

Anyway! Yesterday, I had 2 pieces of cinamon and sugar toast. It only cost me 2 points because I used spray butter (which is 0 points), 1 tbsp of sugar is 1 point and I didn't even use half a tbsp, and cinamon is harmless, I Think. Then, for lunch, I left all of my money, debit cards, and my lunch at home on accident. Luckily, I had a little can of pears and two fig newtons in there. Yep, lunch!! I managed to get 55 cents for a coke later. Then, I came home and we went to Wendy's. But I was good. I got chili (Which is either 4 or 6 points, depending on the size) with cheese (Extra 2 points). I may have gone a little over my points yesterday, but for some reason, I'm still a lb down this morning. My weigh-in is today, so wish me luck, and I'll come back tonight and let y'all know how it's going!

Thanks!! I hope to see y'all soon!!

Seren Dee

Girlie
04-12-2001, 07:33 PM
Seren Dee,

That's great for your loss! That's really good of you. I'm thinking about starting my points again, but I can't afford the meetings every week. But I still have the old program - I just need the points finder because I lost mine!

Anyway, as far as losing, you can only do as much as you can do by the time you leave for your trip. Do you exercise? That should help. Just walk on the treadmill for 30-60 minutes every other day for a start. That's decent exercise (or outside for 30 - 60). Anything I help. I mean, with the WW as far as I know, you only need 20 minutes of exercise a day.

If plus, there are all kinds of neat swimsuits that you can find in your size. www.landsend.com has some really neat ones that help your figure. And your friend is right - you know how far you've come...who cares about the other ladies you see on the beach that have probably been skinny all their lives. You know where you used to be, and where you will be, so have fun. Be confident. I know it's much easier said than done - I haven't been to a public pool in years!

If you're really that insecure and unsure, ask your friend not to go to Florida. If he's your friend, he will understand your dilemmas.

Hope that helps!

Girlie

Girlie
04-16-2001, 09:31 PM
Where are all of you? Easter wasn't THAT bad, now was it????

Check in, why don't ya!

Girlie

CharlotteSometimes
04-17-2001, 07:36 PM
Hey guys! I know it's been a while...but I wasn't doing so hot for a few weeks. Now, I'm trying to get back on track. I've had a Smart Ones Slow Roasted Turkey Breast with garlic-herb mashed potatoes, a coke, and maybe ten jelly beans today. Not that wonderful...but could be much worse. I can't even tell you guys all the crap I have eaten I'm so ashamed. My scale broke, so I can't tell you where I'm at right now. I'm going to try and talk my mother into buying a new one. Anyway, that Smart One was one of the best WW meals I've ever eaten!!! Give it a try....

Hope you all are doing well, even though it seems like the thread is slowing down. Spring break is over, and I have absolutely ruined this semester. I have to drop two of my three classes...unless I want a hideous grade in both. But between moving out and everything else that's going to be going on in the next month or so, I couldn't handle it all. I'm taking one or two summer courses....and I hope to get back on track. I can't yell at myself for what I've done....just have to do better in the future. If I focus on blaming myself, it just makes it worse, and I don't get anything done at all.

I'll be posting more often again! I really missed you guys....

Talk to you soon!
Kimberly

Seren Dee
04-17-2001, 09:51 PM
Hey, everyone! I'm still around. I just wanted to stop in and say hi. I'm not doing all that well, myself, but I hope the rest of you are...

I have issues of my own right now... everything from the last stretch of the semester to trying to plan a trip to get away for awhile... which looks like it will not happen now. I've been feeling myself getting depressed again. No matter how much I fight it, it's not going away.

So, that's where I stand right now.
I hope to hear from you guys!!

Seren Dee

Girlie
04-17-2001, 11:05 PM
Before you get down on yourselves....check out this PRO Anorexia site! It's so crazy!

There's a disclaimer when you open it, because it's controversial stuff...

http://communities.msn.ca/StickFigu...&naventryid=100

trixiepup
04-17-2001, 11:41 PM
Hi all!

Do you guys mind if I join you here? I go to UC Santa Cruz, and I think I'm a senior....I really don't know anymore.....

I've gained a bit of weight while here in college....all the desserts in the dining hall did me in. And what is really annoying is that they aren't that good tasting either...

Gotta go study...midterm tomorrow.

Andrea

Seren Dee
04-19-2001, 09:56 AM
Andrea- Welcome!!

Girlie- that site sounded interesting, but it didn't work:(

I've been mean to myself recently, guys... I've nearly stopped eating until I get home at 6 pm. Yesterday I had toast for breakfast and a can of pineapplese for lunch. Yeah, yeah... I know, this is bad. But I'm so frustrated that I'm seriously ready to stop eating... and not just say it but do it

I hope everyone else is doing well!!

Seren Dee

CharlotteSometimes
04-19-2001, 05:44 PM
That site grossed me out.....but it was interesting to see the other side of the spectrum. It made me feel better about myself. I hope to never get that desperate in my entire life...

Seren, PUHLEEZE don't stop eating....it's the worst thing you can do. You'll drive yourself nuts and end up binging, and it slows your metabolism down and forces your body to store fat anyway! It wouldn't help, and you'd become more frustrated. Don't worry about what the scale says...worry about how you feel. Honestly, drinking water and eating less....my body thanked me so much for it, and now I can tell. I just have to throw exercise in there a little more, and then I'll really be able to listen to what I need. I've been not-so-good for the past two weeks or so, and believe me, I can tell. Now, I have to get back into the swing, drink water, and eat right, and pretty soon, my body will start talking again. Or maybe it always does, and you just have to listen real closely....I never paid attention before...I was always tired and out of breath (and I'm really not even that heavy...30 lbs overweight or so), I never had energy for anything. I'm sort of back on that track for the past two weeks, but I've been steadily climbing back on the wagon. Hang in there, Seren....I know you can do it. Please don't concentrate on the weight loss....pay more attention to your newfound healthy lifestyle. Make yourself feel special for that!

~Kim

So far today:

Water! Water! Water!

Breakfast:
Slim Fast meal on-the-go bar

Lunch:
Lean Cuisine Mac and Cheese
8 fat free saltine crackers

Don't know what dinner'll be yet.....
Have an OP day!!!

Girlie
04-20-2001, 05:46 PM
Andrea,
Welcome! Yes, college is when I gained weight...20-30lbs!!! Then I gained 20 more when I started my full time job 3 yrs ago, sitting at a computer all day! I hope you gain inspiration and help us keep our threads going!

Seren,
Yeah, I agree with Kim. Once you get over not eating for a while, you're gonna have a huge binge...that's how I get. Sometimes I think, well, I'm not hungry, so why should I eat...then after a while, whether it's that day or the next day or the next, I get a major craving and pig out! Just think of all that you CAN eat! There are so many foods that I would say eat all you want of...veggies like carrots, salads, and when it comes to fresh fruit, I tell myself to eat all that I want because I hardly ever eat it...I mean, you can still gain calories from them, but they are good for you and better than munching on other 'bad' foods all day. If I have a craving for starches or carbs, I reach for a serving of fat free pretzels, or eat a whole package of light microwave popcorn. You can do it, Seren! You've already had great success so far!

Kim,
I'm really glad to hear that things are going well for you! Have you moved yet? I hope you can get that exercise going too! The first few times you exercise, you'll feel sluggish, but after a week (3-4 sessions of whatever activity) you'll really feel a difference. You won't be sluggish throughout the day, or yawn all the time like I used to!

Talk to you all soon!

Seren Dee
04-24-2001, 09:30 AM
Where is everyone?! It's been awhile. But I can't say anything... it's been awhile for me. I'm still not doing very well. I'm trying, but... it's hard. Finals are coming up next week and all, and I think that is a big reason why this thread has slowed down.

I've developed rashes!! I hope I don't do this every time finals come around!! ANyway! I was just sorta checking in with everyone to see how y'all are doing.

I hope to hear from you guys soon!!

Seren Dee

Seren Dee
04-25-2001, 09:35 AM
hey, where is everybody?!

trixiepup
04-25-2001, 02:10 PM
midterms suck.

yeah, that about sums it all up.

big test tomorrow. must study obsessively today.

aaaaaccccckkkkk.

i've been eating well....drinking a lot of water cuz it is so warm right now. i'm normally a soda person. weird.

i think i've lost weight. i'm scared to weigh myself. i love aikido. i've been doing that and walking more. hope that will help me reach my goal....

i'll write more later on.

andrea

jennifa
04-25-2001, 05:26 PM
I'd like to join you guys. I'm almost done with my MA and afraid of the summer - always gain 5 pounds after the semester is over. Guess it's all that hauling books all over the place (I'm a lit major).

Thank goodness for Luna bars - good protein, chocolate, and only 4 points on WW. I keep them in my backpack so I won't spring for the jumbo kingsize Snickers bar at the bookstore. I'm not even mentioning the pub!

I saw a cartoon "T.S. Eliot discovers Beavis & Butthead" and it shows him looking out the window. The caption reads "April sucks." I can't stop chuckling at that one, especially since I got back OP in April.

Time for a new thread?

Jennifa
209/199/170

trixiepup
04-25-2001, 05:35 PM
yeah, luna bars are good. i like them better than the chocolate coated rice krispie treats.

do you guys have any good and easy cooking ideas? i'm lazy, and gettting to be tired of salad....

andrea

Girlie
04-27-2001, 09:04 PM
Hello, Jennifa and Andrea. Good to see new people since I've been back from Philadelphia. I ate so much while I was there, and only gained a pound! I did TONS of walking!

I know how both of you feel...I have a huge project due on Monday...not looking forward to it..I slacked during vacation!

Jennifa, you are looking for recipies...I cook, but really simple things. Do you have a broiler? I love broiled veggies. An ideal dinner for me would be some type of broiled fish like orange roughy and broiled asparagus, squach and carrots. I normally don't have time for this, even though it's only about 10 mins cooking time..I work nights, so this is a treat for the weekends!

I like to make quick stir frys...I found something called "I can't believe it's not beef(or chicken)". It's made from soy, and I just throw the slices in a pan with fresh broccoli, carrots and pea pods, about a half cup of water and put the lid on. By the time I'm out of my shower, I've got steamed veggies. The soy is already seasoned, so it's really simple.

I don't cook meat besides the fish, so I don't have any recipies for that! When I have company, I normally cook lean pork chops in the broiler, seasoned with S&P and garlic.

There are some really awesome soy meats, like Chick N Patties and 'salisbury steak' that I've found. Vegetarian foods are much more popular now, very low in fat and are quick cooking, so I suggest them even if you're not vegetarian.

CharlotteSometimes
04-30-2001, 11:38 PM
I've missed you guys...trying to do better again. Not going to kill myself over the eating stuff...just trying to be reasonable...and eat in a general overall healthy style. Today, I had a frozen lean cuisine for lunch, and I had a Odwalla strawberry drink for breakfast. Dinner will probably be soup and some crackers. I did have to pieces of chocolate today. Someone brought in See's Candy at work....I'm not going to beat myself up over it. I'm thinking about buying that book "Look Great Naked." It supposedly tells you how to tone your problem areas with only 15 minutes of exercise a day. I think I can handle that....

I caught a glimpse of my backside in the mirror while getting in the shower this morning...and Oh my God, do I need to get back on track. I haven't gained anymore than I was...I'm back to about 170ish. So that means about 30 to go, still. I going to do my best to promise I'll be around on the thread more often....it'll keep my mind on eating right and working out. When I don't have to answer to you guys...I get way off course. By the way, welcome to everyone new!!! I hope you're all doing well.

My boyfriend and I split up last week...so it's been hard times. It was a mutual decision...we needed time and space of our own, but that doesn't mean it didn't hurt like **** to do it. It's actually been affecting my appetite....so I haven't eaten much. I've got that nervous stomach bug....

Which also means I can't afford to move out without his help. Looks like I have to save money for a few more months before I can do this...or maybe I can just sacrifice all the silly things on my list that I think I have to have before I move (new TV, George Foreman Grill, etc.)...I could just buy them as I go....we'll see. I don't know what I'm doing as of yet. I have to sit down and think it out a little better.

I missed you guys!!! Talk to you soon...

Kimberly
"And girls who eat pizza never gain weight, never gain weight..." ~Tori Amos

trixiepup
04-30-2001, 11:56 PM
i'm sorta bummed right now. I have loads of homework, and I just cut my hair really short. I love my hair. Everyone else loves my hair. Except for my boyfriend. After prodding him, he said that it looks masculine. Now i feel all self conscious about my hair.
I feel motivated to cook up my boca burgers now...maybe i'll make mock salisbury steak.
How are all of you guys doing?

andrea

Seren Dee
05-01-2001, 12:43 AM
Andrea- Dont worry about the hair. You know what? If you like it, it was the smart decision. I used to have hair down to my waiste!! When I started cutting it, I actually got hit! (my cousin punched me when she saw the hair only went to my shoulders!) Now I've got ultra-short hair. (Seen my webpage?) Well, it's even shorter than that!! And I love it! I have peole (even guys) tell me to keep it that way. I was totally convinced that I needed to grow my hair out because that's the only way guys would find interest in me. But it shouldn't be my hair that they are in love with, you know?

Be confident in your decisions!! Girls wear their hair short now too!! Just like some guys wear theirs long!! It'll grow on him after awhile!!

I hope you are all doing well!!
Seren Dee

cosmo
05-01-2001, 01:32 PM
hi everyone, well i have been a member at 3fc for a while, but i just saw this forum would you all care if i joined in?? I am aalmost 20 year old sophomore at wright state university (dayton Oh) so far i have lost 25-30 pounds but i am looking to lose about 15 more. In Hs i never had a problem with my wieght, but when i got to college WOO i gained 40-45 pounds between july 99 and dec. 99. i would like to be 120 by june 1st and 115 by july 1st. Hopefully i will but weight has been platoeing for a while now. I am not on a certain plan, just watch calories and work out 3 times a week. well i hope to hear from you all soon.
Mel

jennifa
05-02-2001, 12:30 AM
I tried to post yesterday but I ran out of time after my modem disconnected and I couln't redo it!

Hope you all are doing well. I'm struggling with WW but I figure that even staying somewhat close to program is better than being completely out of control all the time.

If your boyfriend thinks your hair looks too manly, maybe you should burn some calories and have a wrestling match!

Sorry about the breakup, sounds awful. Hope you are ok.

Grrr, so busy, must dash, just wanted to wish you all a skinny day.

Jennifa