Carb Counters - I survived carrot cake!

View Full Version : I survived carrot cake!

Catgirl67
03-05-2004, 01:02 PM
I had to high five myself this morning. One of the women in my department is leaving and we had a party for her. I had to get the cake last night. It was a wonderful smelling carrot cake with that awesome cream cheese frosting and white chocolate shavings all over the top :devil: I ate olives and cheese instead! I just may be on the right track this time. Self dicipline has always been a problem for me as well as self sabatoge. Not this time! I refuse to be the reason that I fail at something any more!

Theo'sgirl
03-05-2004, 02:39 PM
Yeah catgirl you are the BOMB!!! That is great!

Catgirl67
03-05-2004, 02:44 PM
Thanx Theo'sgirl! I try to tell my friends that I am the bomb, but they don't believe me! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :joker:

Theo'sgirl
03-05-2004, 02:47 PM
I believe you girl and that is all that matters!!!! LOL!!! :)

Trazzie
03-05-2004, 03:30 PM
YEAH CATGIRL! I know that is so difficult to do expecially when everyone surrounding you is munching on what you want :lol: Way To Go!!

ChrissyB
03-05-2004, 08:51 PM
Oh My !! That's really good! You keep up the good work...you can and will do this!!

YEEE HAAAWWW!!!!!

Leenie
03-05-2004, 10:49 PM
YEAH !! GOOD JOB ;)

I've passed up party after party with rich chocolaty cakes all last summer. This winter at work we had a pizza party (all the parties were at work) and I even managed to pass up the pizza, I was proud, when I got home I felt robbed and I talked myself into pigging out the remainder of the night. I guess 9 of of 10 parties isn't to bad huh.

BRAVO to you !!

lady_adnerb
03-06-2004, 09:17 AM
Congrats Catgirl on the willpower!!! That is awesome!!!

Catgirl67
03-07-2004, 12:36 AM
I've been on Atkins this time since Tuesday, and the dreaded carrot cake was on Friday. It's been five days so far, and the thought of eating sugar is like a distant memory. When I eat processed carbs and sugar, I feel SO sick. I must remember that the next time I want to indulge. Thanks for all of your support! We can do this! :D

lady_adnerb
03-07-2004, 03:54 PM
I wish eating sugary stuff made me sick! I'm happy the GS cookies didn't taste good though! lol