Support Groups - Time For Serious Fun #57

View Full Version : Time For Serious Fun #57

gma22
03-04-2004, 05:52 AM
TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN #57

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Report our losses!
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.

FIRST QUARTER CHALLENGE JAN 1- MAY 1. THE MOST LBS LOST WILL WIN A $30 VISA GIFT CARD! ONLY THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN MEMBERS FOR 4 MONTHS ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THE FIRST QUARTER GIFT THOUGH ALL MAY JOIN THE CHALLENGE!

gma22
03-04-2004, 05:54 AM
THURSDAY: Today is Time for us Thursday so do something extra special just for you today!

WELCOME BACK CAT!

Later girls!

Faye :)

Mirabelly
03-04-2004, 07:55 AM
Good morning lovelies!

Welcome back Cat. Hope you had a great time.

Yesterday was a weird day. I got 4 points,though I never did make up the morning workout I missed. Just counted dance class as my exercise. I went out to our local "good" thrift store and picked up some new clothes for the kids. They're all outgrowing faster than I can pay for regular priced clothes! Then I decided to "stock up" on a couple of pairs of 14 jeans. It's the next size down for me. I'm already in one pair of 14s, but I think they are just cut larger than most. I also got brave and picked up some 14, and even a size 12 pair of shorts! (It was sunny and 45.....I had major spring fever!) When I got home, I could pull on the 14's (one pair I could even button). The 12s are a distant dream right now....but you can't really wear shorts up here until the middle of June, so I think I'm on track to wear them.

So, I was feeling pretty good about all that. Then I went to pick up the kids from school, and I ripped the door handle off! :eek: :lol: The inside door handle just broke off in my hand. Now, 40 pounds ago I would have been stuck in the van for hours. But yesterday I just hopped in the backseat and let myself out. I couldn't believe how quickly and easily I managed it. Now getting back in was a little tougher, but I could still pull it off without too much embarrassment. SO, it's the little things that really make you appreciate losing weight ;)

Anyhoo......already got my weight workout in today and I gotta sew sew sew. It's sunny again, though, so I might go for a walk when I need a break this afternoon. I never feel like I've really "worked out" when I lift. I mean, my muscles hurt and are pushed to their limits...but it's not the same feeling as a sweaty, heartpounding cardio session. Know what I mean?

Faye, Congrats on getting a new swim suit. It won't be long before you're back to your 1 hour in the pool every day. And you'll need that new suit. I'm still hoping I can pull off a 2 piece this summer. I hear summer's supposed to be on a weekend this year! :lol:

Everyone have a spectacular day! Talk to you later.....gotta go crawl into the van and get the kids to school.

Julie

Satine
03-04-2004, 08:27 AM
Morning All :sunny:

I had a 3 point day yesterday, it was raining here and I couldnt get out to walk, my dh said we should just go anyway but I did not not want to be uncomfortable...so maybe today, however it is supposed to rain all day again, and Friday... I may have to just pop in the WATP dvd....

Faye - I finally found it near the deli section...where the meats and cheeses were, it was near your finer cheeses however it was on top, like on a shelf, not refridgerated...when I talk to others that is where they find it too, you might just ask someone in the deli if they carry it or not....it comes in three flavors - original swiss ( and the lite which I bought ), french onion, and garlic herb I believe...I have only been able to find the original swiss lite, but I would really like to try the other flavors...good luck!
Congrats on the bathing suit ... it is so funny to me that you and I have such different weights and wear similar sizes...my bathing suit is a 20...

Cat - welcome back!!!

Julie - Enjoy your spring like weather, I would be if it werent for all this rain

Amanda, Susan, Joy, and everyone else... have a good day...

gma22
03-04-2004, 09:37 AM
Carri: Thank goodness it stretches! Like I said, it is a little more snug then I would like around the legs and arm holes, but it fits fine. I carry most of my weight in my behind and that is where I have trouble fitting me for anything. Thanks again for all the "cheese" info I am sure going to look for it.

Here is my suit, as the rednecks down here say, "Ain't it purty?"

Wish me luck at the eye doctor. I am going to throw the biggest hissy fit if they don't have my insurance straightened out because we called the insurance and they say I am on the policy.

Did 25 on the treadmill at 6% incline, which is kicking butt for me. I am trying to firm up my tush and legs and right now don't want to spend the money on a personal trainer to teach me a routine and how to use the machines etc. I am going to do that when I get back from vacation. I let my dd talk me into a Cystic Fibrosis walk the end of May and it is TEN miles! There is no way on this earth I can do 10 miles, but I am going to shoot for 5 which is 2 more than last October. I am going to start training on a treadmill but not until we get back because right now I am trying hard to burn calories and firm up some.

Well, need to go get ready!

I will check in and do points when some more ladies have posted.

Faye ;)

jloo1957
03-04-2004, 10:42 AM
:D :D :D ANOHTER 4 POINT DAY..AND IT FEELS GREAT...FAYE,I love the bathing suit...another incentitive to work for....yesterday i went to Walmart and bought some rosebushes ,pansies,violas,and stawberry plants..I love gardening so much and it has been absolutely beautiful here,sunny and around 80 ,even today...I got most of it planted,and I will finish up today...also bought a new grill,we already had a gas grill,but I love to grill with charcoal,so I bought one...in fact we are grilling out this afternoon...it was so nice out yesterday ,we ate dinner outside..in fact we did not come in until 8 lastnight...which usually the kids are bathed and getting ready for bed...but lastnight was a little later,but we really enjoyed it... :) :cool: :dizzy: ....earlier this morning I went through the house and cleaned...then threw in some wash and hung out on the line,so this afternoon I can devote to being outside....well,ladies have a super motivated day...will check back later and i just want to say you are the most wonderful bunch of friends anyone could find or have ...I love all of you ...thank you for being here.....till later....take care ...Joy :smug: :smug: :smug: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Scuzin
03-04-2004, 11:58 AM
Good Morning
I just got up...having only gotten to bed at 2:30 last night. I have a paper due at 11 today (its 8:45 now) which I'm still not quite done with....such is the life of a procrastinating college student.
I get 2 points for yesterday. Once again I was off plan, this time there is no question about it...I was way off....but I usually am on wednesdays. A friend and I made dinner for people at the campus Newman Center. It was a vegtable stir fry. Very colorful. Obviously it wasn't that that threw me off...but when we were shopping we were both very hungry and we were in a store that has a wide bulk food section and my friend suggested trail mix and it snowballed from there...so I decided to just take a day not worrying about food.
Go Joy! fabulous work
Faye - cute suit
Carri - I know all too well about the rain....Spring here in the Willamette Valley seems to be - just enough nice days in a row to make you think you are out of winter...then 2 weeks of grey and drizzle

cat90
03-04-2004, 01:40 PM
Hi Ladies,

Thanks for the welcome back :D

Julie, gosh you must be strong pulling door handles off :lol:

Faye, i like your new Av much better than the old one ;) have you been to Vegas yet or has that still to come? I love that place so much ;)

I'm a bad cat i've still to unpack but i have'nt because i won't stop coming online :lol:

Think i'll pop down to Georgia to see Joy :lol: 80* :flow1: how lovely. Its nice and sunny here but nowhere near that temperature. I love spring and can't wait for the flowers to come out.

gma22
03-04-2004, 02:12 PM
POINTS POINTS POINTS POINTS:

Julie :bravo:
Joy :bravo:
Carri :cp:
Susan :dancer:
Faye :dancer:

Well, I now have eyeballs I can see out of again! :lol: I sat for 2 hours though and the doctor part took about 15 minutes. I have a new type of contact that is silicone so I should be able to wear them overnight and they not come out. That is the problem I had before, I would find them on my pillow in the morning! They only cost $3 a box more than the regular extended wear. I still have to carry around my reading glasses though, but that is ok.

Cat: We leave for Las Vegas on April 2 and come home on the 11th. We can absolutely not wait!

I better get going so I can eat lunch before I have to go and get Jack.

Amanda Panda
03-04-2004, 06:35 PM
Hi folks!

i managed 2 points yesterday. We are both really stressed out at the moment, but I'm pleased that I've managed to stay on plan for the last 2 days.

I still haven't managed to get to the gym - I just feel so low in energy. I'm not sleeping too well either - I keep waking up suddenly and then can't get back to sleep - so I get up, but then I am tired all day and have no energy to get to the gym. I did manage to take a little walk today, which is better than nothing.

I'm just trying to go easy on myself - I'm happy that I've managed to steer myself back on plan after 7 days of overeating.

Faye - nice suit! Well done on your 6% incline on the treadmill - that will certainly work your legs and butt!

Julie - loved your car story! That certainly is a non scale victory!

Cat - Welcome back - how was the UK for you?

Susan - hope you got your paper done on time!

Carri - I think laughing cow is from the UK - but as far as I know we only have it in the plain flavour. those other flavours sound nice! :p

take care!

Amanda xxx

gigglez
03-04-2004, 10:30 PM
Evening ladies!!!!!!!!

Talk about missing a few days and missing alot. Things here have been busy as always. I finally got my hone gym here, spent yesterday evening cleaning it. I have a thing about cleaning anything that I am given or buy off of anyone. Then today was a busy busy day! Was wanting to get to use the gym today but my mother is under the weather and I have spent time today doing things for her and this evening I promised Corey that I would rent a dvd and we would watch it together. After that and getting him in bed it was time for one of the few shows that I indulged in. Now it is late and I am going to end this day with some relaxation time just for me. Just wanted to check in before I have me time tonight.

sandy

gma22
03-05-2004, 03:40 AM
FRIDAY: Today is Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. How are you doing?

Good early morning ladies. I woke to go to the bathroom and my right contact is missing so we searched everywhere and can't find it so I guess I will be going back to the eye dr today to make sure it hasn't rolled back in my eye. I thought I was going to be able to wear these overnight as they are a new silicone type (cost more too of course) and I guess maybe not. The whole years supply has probably been ordered so I am sunk money wise but they can be worn like daily lenses if I have too. They were doing fine as I got up early to go to the bathroom, but..... :(

Amanda: You get a :dancer: for points

I will check in later in the morning and see what is going on.

Sandy G Congrats on your home gym. Hope you enjoy it!

jloo1957
03-05-2004, 07:21 AM
Good morning Ladies....another 4 points for yesterday :wave: ...we worked in the yard,and I helped Leonard [my hubby]assemble our new storage shed...we did,nt finish it ,so we are gonna work on it this morning...we stayed out ill 9 lastnight trying to get all of it done..I did manage to get the kids in to take a bath and get ready for bed.so I came in while leonard got his light together so he could see to work on it some more,then after the kids went to bed and I had tucked them in,and they had no promblem falling asleep with all the fresh air...I went back out and helped leo for awhile...I HAD NO PROMBLEM FALLING ASLEEP...believe it or not I barely even thought to eat....Faye ,it sounds like you are gonna be in Vegas while we are gonna be in Tennesee...we leave the second and come back the 11th...I know how you feel ,EXCITED AND CANNOT WAIT :D :D :D ...WELL,ANOTHER DAY CLOSER TO THOSE BLACK JEANS...well,I am off to help hubby....will post later...all take care today...love all of you...Joy :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Satine
03-05-2004, 08:05 AM
Morning All

Hope you all are doing well, I however am not...last night right before bedtime I got real sick to my stomach, I went straight to bed thinking that I could just sleep it away...well I really didnt sleep that much and this morning it is worse, and of course I had to come to work anyway, which sucks...now I am shaky , stomach cramps, and totally naseaus ( spelling? ) ....we will see what the morning brings, it is worrisome...

BUT I was down another 1.5 pounds this morning so I was happy about that, in my current state I do not care to see food ever again though :lol:

I had a 3 pointer yesterday, no exercise...check in later if I feel up to it, have a gfreat weekend!!!

gigglez
03-05-2004, 08:09 AM
Gosh, everyone is going places near the first of April. I hope that everyone enjoys their trips. I am planning to take a day trip. My best friend and I are going to take our kids to the Louisville Science Center to see teh grossology exhibt. It sounds like it will be interesting and somthing that 2 boys will love. You get to explore the inside of your nose and side to a model of the digestive tract. There is more to it and I believe an IMAX film as well. It will be a good trip, plus it is educatinal. To me you can't beat that! Last night I got in my big ole garden tub and soak. Fell asleep for a few mins. But hey it was ssssssssooooooooooo great! Right now I am getting ready to go and workout for a little while. Then it will be some rest for me as tomorrow starts my busy weekend. Joy, I would have loved to have been outside yesterday. I have lots of flower beds that needs to be cleaned out but was so busy with doing things for my mother yesterday that I didn't get to even think about it. I am glad that I didn't have time to do it yesterday now that I have found out that we are under a flood watch until Sat. It would have killed my soul to have cleaned them all up and then have to wait to do anything else to them. I am the type that when I start something I have to finish it. That is why I try to clean out the flower beds and plant then all at the same time. Lots of work but that is just the way that I am. I have thought about getting out in the yard and cleaning it up but haven't even thought about it as the winds are awful. I have a yard that has trash in it. Trash is from the people that live on a hill behind me and the road as well. My house is about 200 feet from the highway. Makes for lots of noise and trash in the yard. The people that live behind me will not pay to have their trash picked up so it sits outside until someone hauls it away for them. It was hauled off sometime this week that is when I noticed the smell gone and the trash in the yard, a bag must have broken and with the high winds that we have had this week the trash just flew to my yard. Ok I have rambled on long enough. Gonna get and get in a workout. Catch everyone in a little while.

sandy

Mirabelly
03-05-2004, 08:51 AM
Good morning ladies!

Still sitting at 212,which is 3 pounds down for the week for me! Woo hoo :cb:

I'm doing really well with this Body for Life eating....I don't have to count the calories (though I am kinda keeping track in the back of my head). All I have to do is eat two fist-size portions (one carb and one protein) five or six times a day. I'm really not hungry all day, and I think I'm taking in less calories than I was when I was counting them. The workouts are going well too, though I don't think I'm pushing myself as hard as I'm supposed to. I did push this morning though...did cardio and actually talked myself into doing crunches for the first time since high school! :lol: THAT was a hilarious effort! My stomach is still shaking.

So anyway, 4 points for yesterday and on track for 4 today (gotta start that water drinking). I actually get a "free day" on this program, but I'm afraid to do it. Now that I'm losing again, I can't help thinking about a free day as a "slip up". I know it's important, though, so that my body doesn't think it's starving and shut down. I guess I'll "manage" to eat something yummy. Even if I have to FORCE myself ;)

AMANDA--Don't worry about not getting to the gym. You're staying on your plan through some tough times, and that's GREAT :cheer: Try to get a little walk in or do some stretching. Your body will feel better, and you will sleep better! Especially if you can get outside.

SANDY--Hope you get to use that gym today. I remember when we got our big monster gym a couple of years ago. It came in SEVEN boxes :eek: and took us 2 weeks of working for an hour everyday to get it put together!!! Can't wait until it's warm enough for me to go out to the garage and use it again. I moved all our free weights and the treadmill inside for the winter.

CARRIE--Hope you're feeling better today. I think I read somewhere that lots of chocolate and chips and buttered biscuits are supposed to help with stomach flu :s: (Thought I didn't notice that 1.5 pound loss, huh ;) )

All this gardening talk is making me jealous! We've been warm here, the lakes are melting and the ice shacks are disappearing.....I can almost see my whole driveway. But no one here does any gardening until well after mother's day!

Ah well....got lots to do today.

Until Soon,
Julie

Satine
03-05-2004, 09:34 AM
Thanks Julie, you made me laugh through the pain :lol:
I am going to go home from work now, it is not getting any better...
see ya all later...

Scuzin
03-05-2004, 11:36 AM
I gained a pound

gigglez
03-05-2004, 12:03 PM
Afternoon ladies!

Julie, I am so happy that mine wan't in 7 boxes. I guess that I am glad that I got this thing used in the end. I got some friends to haul it here and move it into my spare bedroom and then Corey and I cleaned it up. Real shinny as he says. So far today I have goten in 10min on the stair climber and worked my upper body with weights. I will be getting in plenty of walkin today at work. Water is getting there and so far eating today has been really good. I hope that I can finsh the day out with the water and the eating. I plan on doing so and now all I have to do is to set my mind to it and pray that work doesn't stress me out this evenig as I am a stress eater.

Everyone have a super day! Off to the wonderful work place!

sandy

gma22
03-05-2004, 01:41 PM
POINTS POINTS POINTS POINTS POINTS:

Joy :bravo:
Me :bravo:

Carri: You just take care of yourself and get better. We will still be here when your ickys are over.

Julie: HOT DOG! That is great. I saw him on Wayne Brady a few months back and was totally impressed with his program. You GO GIRL!!!

Let's see, lb loss totals this week, Julie 3, Me 4, Carri 1.5, = 8.1 so far.

Boy, I had a pretty good morning. I was really upset about the contact coming out of my eye and not being able to wear them overnight, but my doctor changed them to a tighter curve to see it that will help, then I stopped at my old job (for those not knowing what went on with it, I quit when I got tired of the office manager letting her lazy daughter slide out of work and was giving it all to me. I put up with it for 3 weeks then I just up and walked out on a Friday!) Oh, btw, 3 weeks later they fired both the office manager and the daughter, hind sight is 20/20! Anyway, I had a nice visit with everyone and the woman that is kind of like the VP asked me if I was interested in working again that they might have a position open as the one girl is not working out. She asked that I send her a resume and she is giving it to the president and putting in a good word. She asked if I knew acct payable and I said very little but I could learn so we will see. If God means it to be it will. He gave me the job in the first place when I needed it.

Well, I should start my upstairs before I go and get Jack but I am swinging towards going down and reading until I have to go get him and doing the whole house tomorrow which is my one day off from the gym.

You ladies all have a great day!

cat90
03-05-2004, 01:42 PM
Good Morning Ladies :wave:

Amanda, UK was great but the time went by too fast :lol:

Currently working on drinking my first pint of water :p squeezed some lime juice in it so not so bad really :) a bit different from pints of lager tho' :lol:

Carrie, well done :bravo:

Amanda Panda
03-05-2004, 05:21 PM
Hi Folks

can't stay long - I've got a migraine and need to lie down. Just wanted to tell you that I went to the gym today - it felt good to get rid of some of my excess energy and frustration.

3 points yesterday.

CARRI - hope you feel better soon - hope it wasn't the laughing cow that has made you sick! :lol: :moo: :moo: :moo: :moo: :moo: :moo: :lol:

Amanda xx

gma22
03-06-2004, 01:03 AM
SATURDAY: Today is Sunny Thoughts Saturday. What can you share with us to brighten our day today?

Amanda: you get a :cp: for points for Thursday.

Check in later in the morning ladies.

Mirabelly
03-06-2004, 09:20 AM
Morning lovelies!
4 points yesterday......

Faye, got my fingers :crossed: for that job!

Sunny thought.....my dd just learned how to make french toast. So, I'm slowly inching towards being waited on like a :queen: :D

Amanda, WTG on getting to the gym! Keep it up, and you'll feel much better.

Suzan, don't fret about the pound. Just keep looking forward.

Love to you all!
Gotta fly,
Julie

cat90
03-06-2004, 10:28 AM
Good Morning Ladies,

Amanda, hope the migraine has gone ;)

I'm up bright and early this morning and looking forward to getting my first exercise since my return :strong: just waiting for hubby to make an exit and get from under my feet :lol:

Faye, good luck with the job :lucky:

BBL, to report how i'm doing :wave:

Satine
03-06-2004, 12:25 PM
Morning All

Thanks for the well wishes, I just popped in to say that I am feeling much better today...and yes Amanda I do think it was the laughing cow cheese that did it ... :moo: :lol: - see I am lactose intolerant and I think my body just couldnt handle it for some reason....funny, I looked so hard for it and now probably cant eat it ... :(
Oh well...

Faye - great job on the 4pounds, same to Julie for her 3!!! :cp:

Cat, Scuzin, Joy, and everyone else, all have a great weekend!!! :cb:

Scuzin
03-06-2004, 02:30 PM
Good Morning
I get 1 point for thursday and 4 for friday.
I'm going to be extra careful about how much I eat because I HAVE to see a loss this week. Its just so discouraging that all I've done is gained 9 pounds since december.
Everyone have a good weekend!

Amanda Panda
03-06-2004, 05:00 PM
Hi Ladies!

I got 2 points yesterday - went to the gym and had my water, but went off programme with my food! Never mind - I feel tonnes better for doing some exercise (I went to the gym again today) and I will get those elusive 4 points soon.

SUSAN - Maybe you need to take a look at your diet plan. Have you put on weight because you are not able to stick to it, or are you sticking to it and yet not losing weight? If you are not already doing it, I advise that you write down EVERYTHING that you eat. I do this with Weightwatchers, but have lapsed over the past week - consequently I have been eating more than I should. Stick with it - just think how much more you may have put on if you wern't making any effort to lose weight. Don't give up - you'll get there!

Love Amanda xxx

Scuzin
03-06-2004, 05:19 PM
Thanks Amanda
I've been way off plan since december and it was this last week and a half that I had started putting real effort back into it ... so it was just frustrating to see negative progress this week out of them all. I'm feeling better today. I don't think I'll make it to the gym but I'll WILL be OP and I'm drinking my water

Scuzin
03-06-2004, 07:38 PM
Ok I lied....I DID make it to the gym :P

gma22
03-06-2004, 08:03 PM

Faye :bravo:
Susan :flow2: :bravo:
Amanda :dancer:

Carri: So glad you feel better. Better watch the milk products though!

Susan: You hang in there and keep working like you are working and it will start coming back off again. It may take a couple weeks to see any progress but just don't lean to heavy towards the scales to make you feel better!

Sorry I have been absent today, but boy have I been busy. I got up at 5 am, cleaned my downstairs, then went to the gym and did my treadmill work, came home and did breakfast and cleaned that up then cleaned the upstairs, did up all the laundry and put it away, went to the mall to buy Jack a white dress shirt for the wedding, got a bite to eat, back home, started packing for vacation the stuff I knew I was not going to be wearing etc, downloaded and e-mailed all the shower pics to my son's fiance, back to Walmart to get Jack a travel kit bag and then home and folded a last load of laundry and put it away. WHEW! Now I am going to go get in bed and read a book until I fall asleep!

All you ladies have a terrific evening! Thanks for all the good job wishes. If God means for me to have it so be it, if not that is ok too.

Faye ;)

gma22
03-07-2004, 05:56 AM
SUNDAY: Today is Silly Poll Sunday and here is our poll for this week:

I read something recently regarding how children are raised these days. The study said they are less disciplined, spoiled, self indulgent and generally less obedient than children of previous generations. It said there are more disruptive children in schools too. What do you think?

I can only go by my grandson, nieces and nephews, and what I see shopping and in restaurants, but I think the children I have been exposed to act like spoiled brats and when they don't get their way are given in to by parents a lot of the time because the parents let the kids have the upper hand. Sad to say I think. We have children that are now going into the job market thinking only management positions will do and when they have to start at the bottom quit jobs after a very short period of time. This one I have experienced first hand over and over.

Have a great day ladies and will check in when everyone is up and around!

Faye :) (cute new smileys check them out!)

Scuzin
03-07-2004, 01:08 PM
Good Morning:
I can't speak on the poll with any kin of authority but I can say this...I wasn't exactly the most diciplined..however, I was at least respectful...I can remember being 11 or 12 and getting a ride home from a friend's Father and that friend telling her father to "shut up" and him doing nothing. I was shocked! I would never have gotten away with something like that. So I'll agree, younger generations are becoming less respectful and all around more self centered.

I get 4 points for yesterday!

Its finally sunny here again (I hope it lasts all day). Have a great day whatever the weather.

cat90
03-07-2004, 02:01 PM
Hello Ladies,

I think kids of today are the rudest ever, and i blame the fact that parents are not allowed to discipline them in the same way..when i was young a clip around the ear was'nt child abuse :lol: and it made you think twice about being lippy again :lol: I know when i've ever had a disagreement with my stepson he is terrible and they are well aware of the fact that you can't touch them. Not that i would, but there have been times when i would have loved to ;)

I got 0pts for yesterday :rolleyes: stayed online most of the day then went to the mall and when i got back was informed that said stepson had been in a motorbike accident and was in hospital :( he's had 4hrs of surgery to repair broken bones and is conscious and in true form is only concerned about his brand new bike :lol: oh well, at least his Dad can relax now and get back to work. Gonna try and get some exercise today if nothing else.

Satine
03-07-2004, 02:50 PM
Hi everyone ...

Got 3 points yesterday...no exercise, but plan to get back on that track tomorrow since I am feeling better...

Faye - I will keep my fingers crossed for the job... :)

Yes, I totally agree, kids are not diciplined at all these days, I hate to admin this but seeing how bratty most of these kids are is one of the reasons that I dont have any...my newphew is 5 years old and he is a nightmare...when he was very little my sister was a single parent and didnt get to spend much time with him so when she did she didnt want to be "mean" to him by diciplining him, the result....a kid that none of us can stand to be around, he spits on people, slaps my dad, etc...even she does not know what to do with him anymore, I tell ya these "timeouts" dont work....my two cents...

Okay guys, have a good day, talk later... :p

gma22
03-07-2004, 04:12 PM

Susan :bravo:
Faye :dancer:

Boy, since they added smileys I had to hunt for our smileys for points!

We belong to Netflix (which we love btw) and I just got 2 more films in the mail, The Italian Job and Radio. The Italian Job was pretty good, but if you haven't seen Radio, run don't walk and rent it. What a wonderful wonderful film and boy did I boohoo in part of it. It is a must see in my opinion.

I am considered an excellent cook by most people, but boy did dinner turn out crummy! Jack made mashed potatoes and overmilked so they were totally soupy, I baked a chicken and we couldn't get it to finish cooking for the life of us even though the little pop up had popped up half hour earlier and I made cornbread stuffing for him and got WAYYYYYYY too much sage in it and it in my opinion was awful though Jack told me it was good and I made frozen corn and followed the directions instead of doing it myself and it stuck to the bottom of the pan (the microwave was occupied, which is where I usually make corn) I made yeast rolls though and they did turn out ok! :lol:

Well, I need to check on Jack. Last time I looked he was napping watching Nascar and needs to wake up so he will sleep tonight!

have a good evening ladies and see you tomorrow!

Amanda Panda
03-07-2004, 04:59 PM
Hi all!

well I thought I was all set for a 4 pointer yesterday, but I made the mistake of only writing down my points at the end of the day (when all the damage has been done) and found I had gone 10 points OVER my allowance! So in fact I got 2 points - I feel so much better for getting to the gym.

Silly Poll - I have to agree with you. Some Kids these days are rude, spoilt and disrespectful. I worry about my sisters children - they are both really spoilt and always get their own way - they have no respect for adults, but if they are rude my sister just laughs. They are 5 and 6 years old and are already getting in trouble at school - I try to gently explain to her about discipline and positive reinforcement, but at the end of the day she is so tired from working all day (her husband is useless), that she just gives in to them. Natasha is 5 and i would expect would like to be a bridesmaid at my wedding - but she is so spoilt and naughty that I don't want her! It really is a worrying issue - but you can't tell other people how to raise their children can you?

CAT - hope your stepson is recovering well from his accident.

Take care!

love Amanda xxxx

Scuzin
03-07-2004, 05:35 PM
Good Afternoon!
OH its such a nice day!!! :sunny:
There are people everywhere on campus on the lawns playing frisbee and relaxing in the sun. Itís the 1st relatively warm day of the year. Yay for Spring.
I just got back from the gym. Had a very good workout. I do 30 minutes on the...quasi elliptical machine....I don't know what to call it....its not the regular ellipticals most people think of...it has to foot pedals and you are suspended kind of...and they just go back and forth...and I guess it does make a kind of ...curving as opposed to elliptical motion...anyway, I like it better because I think I work harder on it. Like I said I do 30 minutes on it and make a goal to burn 300 calories, even though I know those aren't quite accurate it gives me a gage for how hard I'm working. I always go over 300 and today I hit 412 in 30 minutes :D. It will be my goal when I get back from Spring break to get back into weight training. I haven't been to that part of the gym for a while!

Cat - hope your stepson is ok!

And I hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday

gma22
03-08-2004, 07:08 AM
MONDAY: Today is Mission Monday and we are continuing our March Madness. Sounds like everyone is doing pretty good, but keep on working towards your goal!

Cat: Hope you stepson is going to be ok. Motorcycle accidents, even the ones that aren't serious usually have a lot of cuts and scrapes that are nasty. Hope he was wearing a helmet!

Amanda: You get :dancer: for today.

Jack has a dr appt first thing this morning with his regular doctor so he can get referrals for his cardiologist so I need to get hopping!

Faye :coffee: (carmel apple cider from Starbucks since I hate coffee!)

Mirabelly
03-08-2004, 08:00 AM
Good morning ladies,

Well, the weekend was so so......0 points on Saturday, cuz it was supposed to be a "free day" on BFL. I've decided I don't like free days.....I'm so worried about how much my "free-ness" is killing my progress, that I can't even enjoy it. I didn't really eat bad stuff, just way too much bread and some sugary alcoholic coffee and margaritas. I felt so bloated on Sunday! I got 1 point for exercise on Sunday. Was op until dinner when we ended up eating at burger king out of desperation.

Anyway, I'm on track for today. Already got a 45 min walk in this morning and I'm grocery shopping this morning so I'm stocking up on lots of fruit. I've been feeling really groggy all the time since I've upped my protein so much. I'm not sure if it's the diet or if I'm fighting a cold, but my head is all foggy. So,I'm going to up the fruit intake, that always makes me feel better.

About the poll, MY kids are very respectful, very kind, very disciplined.........cuz if they aren't, WE make sure they PAY the CONSEQUENCES! The key words that today's society doesn't seem to understand is WE (I am married, and we both work as a team to raise our kids) consequences (they do get punished when they do wrong, and it AINT a time out!) and pay (we don't let them get away with anything. If it's wrong, and there are no extraneous circumstances, they are punished....period.) Lest you think I'm a child abuser or something, I'm not. My kids are happy and well adjusted. THey have boundaries and they know not to overstep them. We always talk about what went wrong, and I always tell them that we love them no matter what they do wrong.....I hardly ever have to worry about discipline now, because we were so vigilant with the discipline when they were younger.

Let me tell you, it's exhausting making sure that they grow up right. And I totally understand single parents and 2 job families being too exhausted from work to want to deal with their kids. BUT this country is raising a generation of PUNKS and it's these punks that will be running things when I'm old. This scares me. Unfortunately, I'm probably doing my kids a disservice by making them be honest upstanding citizens in a world that will be controlled by manipulative, lying, irresponsible jerks. They just won't have the right skills to compete.....

All these things are a big part of why homeschooling is becoming so popular. I think something like 25% of kids in Maine are homeschooled......and those kids are so sharp, intelligent, kind, respectful! It's like they aren't even "normal" kids at all.....

Well, gotta get going........tons to do today.

Everyone have a :strong: day!

Julie

Satine
03-08-2004, 08:57 AM
Morning All - hope everyone had a great weekend :cool:

I did, it got a little chilly out ( about 45 degrees or so ) but I was just happy to be out and about and not at work!!! :lol:
I had another 3 pointer yesterday :flow2:

Julie - Sounds like you are raising your kids right !!! I respect that ... :high:

Everyone else ( besides Faye ) must be in bed yet this morning or too busy...will check back in later...

Have a good Monday, I have to get a mole removed this afternoon so I am having a nervous Monday, the mole is harmless but having it removed is what is worrying me... :stress: ah I am sure I wont feel anything ...

Scuzin
03-08-2004, 12:15 PM
Good Morning!
4 points for me yesterday.

I think I have devised a plan to keep me from overeating especially on the weekends. Now, while I have always just stepped on the scale on friday mornings, I would them proceed to pig out saturday and sunday with the mentality that I would burn it off durring the week. Well I decided that I will start weighing myself EVERY day. Because if I know I will have to answer for it the next morning, after eating all that heavy food, as opposed to the next week...I know it will keep me from being stupid too often. It certainly worked this weekend. :D

Carri - I hope things go well with the mole. I'm sure it will be nothing. Forgive me for saying this, but just be glad its not like my dad...he had to have something removed...from the tip of his nose! So now he has a little flat spot. However, he said you really couldn't feel much at all. So no worries.

Satine
03-08-2004, 01:20 PM
Thanks Susan, yeah I know it will be fine, once they numb me up I will be good, she said it really isnt a mole, it is some type of scarring tissue, most likely from a bad chicken pox scar...who knew????? :lol:
Hey and good job on the 4 points yesterday, the weekends are the hardest I have just recently been able to stay OP all weekend, it is hard!!!! :jig:
but we can do it!!!!!

Quiet today, huh? :coffee:

cat90
03-08-2004, 02:08 PM
Hi Ladies,

Faye, yes stepson was wearing a helmet but that did'nt stop him from breaking a bone in his arm which came out through the skin :p hence the long surgery putting plates in etc :rolleyes: he will be out of commission for a few weeks at least, not sure when the hospital plan to release him..think they are waiting for the dislocated elbow joint swelling to decrease, he has a drain in his arm at the moment. Kids! I'm hoping that this has put him off his dirtbike but i doubt it will have done.

Finally, i got 1pt yesterday for exercise :lol: i'm really hoping that i can stick to plan today and make it more :) its time to fight the flab again :rolleyes:

gma22
03-08-2004, 06:12 PM

Julie :flow2:
Faye :flow2:
Cat: :flow2:

Ok, Ladies, Susan brought up something that I have been mightily struggling with for months and that is weekend eating. We really need to work on that most of us as we seem to slip on weekends. Let's include in our March Madness a real big effort to keep to our plans on weekends and that includes keeping busy, exercising and what not so we don't eat! For those of you who have conquered this particular problem we all applaud you! :cp: :cp: :cp: :cp: :cp:

I am going to the zoo tomorrow with dd and grandson. I told her we must take healthy lunch stuff so she is bringing turkey sandwiches, plain and we can get little mustard packets or whatever and I am bringing, raw veggies, fresh fruit, ff fruit dip and ff dressing for the veggies and ff brownies. I cut three small brownies so we can't like eat the whole pan. If dgs wants something more she can buy him an ice cream or something. I should be one pooped puppy as I am going to the gym in the morning, then to the zoo then with Jack back to the gym in the afternoon.

I have something interesting for Target Tuesday so be watching for it.

Have a great evening gals and remember, I care a great deal about each and everyone of you and want you to be highly successful!

PAM, DOT, BETH, DEBBIE, JUDY, JOY, BOTH SANDYS : WE MISS YOU BUNCHES AND HOPE TO SEE YOU BACK HERE SOON!!!!

Scuzin
03-08-2004, 07:46 PM
And its a beautiful day here in Corvallis, Oregon...
Yay for two nice days in a row...its actually warm!!!!! Its great. You can smell flowers.
I'm having another good on track day and feel great despite the work I have to get started on later.
I got my bike fixed today! The wheel has been bent since last term. Its so nice to glide along with the warm breeze on your face.
Have a great evening all!

jloo1957
03-08-2004, 09:11 PM
:D just a quick check in ..I am exhausted...I went out of town and did not get back until late today,and decided to take it easy for awhile...I got all four points for Sat and Sun,but that is not gonna happen for today...I will only get two for today....I went and had kentucky fried chicken,but I will not beat myself up over it ...just work harder tommorow :) I did relax and watch Dr phil today,and the show really was encouraging...I am still gonna make my march goal :D make everyday till the last day of march count....well,ladies i am off for the night...take care and i will see you in the morning.....Joy

gma22
03-09-2004, 03:25 AM
TUESDAY: Today is Target Tuesday and this week here is our topic: Find a time when you can sit down with a piece of paper and pencil and make three lists. I COULDN'T, I CAN, I AM GOING TO

For example with me:

I couldn't walk from the parking lot to a department store
I can paint my toenails myself
I am going to be near my goal by year's end

Think of as many things as possible for each list and compare them. Those of you who don't have a lot to lose with not have a huge, I couldn't list, but I couldn't wear a size 12 jeans is as important as I couldn't walk up a flight of stairs for you so go to it girls. Tack this list up somewhere prominent and when the urge to binge, overeat, lay off exercising, whatever, hits you, look at that list! Oh, and btw, feel free to give us a sampling of each of your lists so we can cheer you on!
Joy you get :bravo: :bravo: for the weekend.

Later ladies!

Mirabelly
03-09-2004, 07:58 AM
Good Morning Ladies
Great topic Faye......here's one of my "I couldn'ts" I couldn't pull my socks all the way up! :lol: Now how lame is that?? I just noticed the other day that my calves were finally small enough to pull my socks all the way on instead of leaving them scrunched down like we did in the '80s. "I will be wearing a 2 piece costume for my show on May 15th!" (can't wait to send you all pictures when I get the thing finished........)

Well, I ended up with only 1 point yesterday. I've been ignoring the water, and I caved and bought the kids some cookies. I told myself I wouldn't eat them, but I did....just enough to throw me into sugar cravings all day. I don't think I went over calories, because I compensated later in the day. But I still ate what I said I wasn't going to, so no points. I've started feeling a little guilty lately about not having ANY sugary or salty snacks in the house for the kids. I mean,they love fruit and veggies w/hummus......but they are kids after all. I grew up in a house where my mom was always dieting......so we never had yummy snacks until she would go on a binge. Then we had all kinds of cookies,cake and ice cream for a day or two. It's amazing how fast we could eat that stuff when it was finally around. I know that "binge" mentality is so bad, and I don't want my kids to learn it. I'd rather them have stuff here that they can eat SLOWLY because it's not going to disappear on them. I just have to find stuff that I don't like, so I don't eat it! So far, they're pleased with Pokemon fruit snacks (which are really just gummi bears in a different shape.....fruit snacks, my butt!).

I've already gotten the exercise for today and have started on the water. So, today will be better. You gals are so right about the weekend eating! It's tough when everyone else is chowing down around you! It's especially tough for me in social situations. Like last weekend, we went over to a friend's house to play board games and I purposefully brought some bead work I had to do on a costume in order to keep my hands busy and out of the food! It worked great until they started making margaritas! :lol:

Guess I gotta fly........Faye,Joy Suzan Cat & Carrie, Keep up the great work! Everyone else, come back and chat a little..we miss you...

Julie

jloo1957
03-09-2004, 09:35 AM
:coffee: HAVING A CUP NOW.....THIS IS GOING TO BE A SUPER DAY...WORKING HARD TO GET IN THOSE BLACK JEANS ....GONNA MIX UP MY WORKOUT TODAY..WILL CHECK IN LATER....JOY :D :D :D :D :D

Satine
03-09-2004, 10:03 AM
Hi All !!!

Well the mole removal was horrid, it was quite huge and she took a long time getting it off...I had 9 deep tissue sutures (sp?) and 8 on top, needless to say it is really, really sore today...really ... :(
Now they have to send it off to some place in KY to get it analyzed just to be sure, I am sure it is nothing....

I had 3 points yesterday, didnt feel like exercising after being cut on, ha ...
but my dh and I are going to walk tonight if I am still not too sore....

It is good to hear that we are all getting into better spirits since Spring is around the corner....warmer weather just makes you glad to be alive!!! :lol:

Well talk to you all later....Julie - Faye - Cat - Susan - Joy - Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wave: :flow1: :dance: :flow2: :grouphug:

Hi to everyone else!!!

Sandybrat
03-09-2004, 12:01 PM
HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BEAUTIFULS!!!! Had a wonderful weekend... went to a BnB in Duluth,MN. It was so fabulous... very relaxing and nice to just be without the kidlets. We went to see the Passion on Saturdsay night... very powerful movie. I didnt exercise much last week with my TOM.. but got back on track today... did my yoga and the belly dance video... which Julie... i love by the way... altho i feel strange when i do the arms... i want it to flow ... and right now itsnot...lol so.. i will just keep on keeping on... I hope all is well with all of u and yours... take care of u... love u all
Sandy

Scuzin
03-09-2004, 12:09 PM
Good morning!
Another 4 points for me yesterday. Not much else to update!
Carri - sorry the procedure wasn't no nice, hope you feel better
Sandy - Glad you had a great time!
Go Joy! You got your black jeans I got my black dress...Here were come!
Julie - just be proud that you are on track today.
Faye - nice topic, I'll get back with my list later!

A good day to everyone!

cat90
03-09-2004, 12:32 PM
Hi Ladies,

Carri, Sorry that it was a horrible ordeal but its behind you now and you'll be glad you did it once you've healed :D

Only another 1pt day for me due to the fact that i went downtown playing tourist and could'nt resist going into the British Sweet Shop and buying some chocolate :T it was'nt that that put me over it was the 2sls of Pizza that i had for dinner :lol: Anyway, temptation is gone now and i'm planning a better day ;)

I know what i'm gonna put on my list "I could'nt jog for 1 mile" :lol: and "I could'nt fit in the lovely yellow sundress that i bought specifically to shrink into" :rofl: will think of lots more i am sure :) Great Idea Faye :cp:

Well, must do some exercise. BBL :wave:

gma22
03-09-2004, 01:47 PM

Julie :flow2:
Carri :flow2:
Cat :flow2:
Faye :bravo:

Carri: Praying that the results come back negative and that the sore spot heals quickly!

I have to fool with my list and don't have time. I will get it together and post it this afternoon later.

Faye :) **MARCH MADNESS IS HERE SO WORK HARD**

Amanda Panda
03-09-2004, 04:46 PM
Hi ladies!

I got 1 point yesterday - not a good day! :p

I'm going to my weigh in tomorrow to see where I am - I'm pretty sure that I have put on weight, but I need to see it in black and white , so I can then move forward. I need to get into a good rhythm for a few weeks, rather than 1 good day, 1 bad, which gets me nowhere. Susan and Faye are right - Friday night to me has always been pizza night, and I'm having trouble letting it go! I moan about how slow my weight loss has been - but if i am honest, there has not been a week where I have not had a pizza! Now, that is an improvement on my pre-dieting days when I would have 4 or 5 pizza's a week, but I still need to work on it! ;)

CARRI - Sorry you are feeling sore - hope you feel better soon.

JULIE - You sound like my kind of parent - that is exactly how I plan to raise my kids. Good on you!

SUSAN - Way to go on the 4 pointers!

FAYE - Interesting topic today - I shall have a think about that, as I think it could be really helpful and can be an ongoing thing.

Hello to Cat, Joy, Sandy and everyone else! :wave:

Love Amanda xxx

gma22
03-09-2004, 07:37 PM
Amanda: you get a :flow2: for points. Girlie, the hardest, absolute toughest thing I ever had to do when I started this was give up regular soft drinks. I would drink 6-12 a DAY. I had 2 for breakfast like other people have coffee! So, with that being said, maybe Pizza is something you are going to have to GIVE UP completely or completely for at least 6 months to a year. I didn't have even a sip of soft drink of any kind for the first 6 months and when I did, I found I didn't miss it like I thought I would, but like an alcoholic, I knew I HAD to stay away from it. I haven't had a regular soft drink in over a year and will never ever ever have one again!

As for the list: It is MEANT to be on going for you. I want you to just keep adding to it. The longer it gets the better you know you HAVE to be doing!

Here is some of my list:

I COULDN'T: walk from the parking lot to a department store without being winded, couldn't walk up stairs or downstairs without difficulty, couldn't fit into a baseball stadium seat, couldn't sit in an airplane seat without being totally squished and using an lap belt extention, weigh myself on our scales because they didn't go that high, couldn't use a treadmill because I couldn't get on one, get clothes anywhere but large womens' shops

I CAN: paint my toenails, fit into ballpark seats, shop for clothes at regular stores, see my feet, cross my legs, fit into smaller clothes, use a treadmill
carry my 45 lb grandson around the zoo on my back piggyback without getting winded (did this one today and was totally stoked!)

I am going to: ride a jet ski, go to an amusement park and fit in the rides, be 100 lbs down by December, fit into an airline seat comfortably, weigh less than my husband, wear a size 14, take a cruise knowing I can do any of the excursions, go snorkeling if I can talk Jack into it someday.

Let's hear some more of yours, girls! Let's get excited about this. It has infinite possibilities!

Take care sweeties!

Scuzin
03-09-2004, 08:37 PM
Good afternoon all.
My list:
I couldn't: even zip up a 14, go into a weight room because I was too intimidated, picture myself succeeding.

I Can: zip up a 12 (even though they are still a little too tight), see the tendons in my neck if I flex them, see my collar bone with much less effort, KNOW THAT I CAN SUCCEED

I will: comfortably wear a 10, wear that black dress, wear a tank top! SUCCEED in reaching my goal

Ick. I know for a fact if I didn't take serious charge I was well on my way to morbid obeseity...maybe years away...but there none the less. That was the "what's different this time". I actually had a vision of success. I believed and still believe it. I WILL be a healthy weight. Right now I'm still working on crossing under the obesity line, but its just in a list of small goals on the way to the big one.
Have a good night all.

gma22
03-10-2004, 05:43 AM
DO NOT POST HERE BUT JOIN US AT #58