Carb Counters - Wonder and Amazement

View Full Version : Wonder and Amazement

Genghis Cohen
03-02-2004, 10:40 PM
I'm a member of the cooking club at my school, and every Tuesday we all get together in the school kitchen to prepare and amazing gourmet meal and then eat it together. I didn't go last week, my first on Atkins, because I had to study, but I decided to go tonight since I desperately needed to de-stress a little. I was worried about what would happen once I was surrounded by food I actually wanted to eat, but I ate before hand, and set out a low carb snack to eat afterwards. While I was there I wasn't even tempted. I spent a blissfull two hours making and absolutely beautiful stuffed eggplant, and then left without trying a single bite. On my way out I was forced into taking a cream filled chocolate cookie, but instead of devouring it on the stairs I wrapped it up in a napking and brought it to a friend. Feeling a little bit proud of myself right now. If anyone else has experiences like this that they'd like to share I think it would be great, sort of an inverse of the cheating thread.

Kim in NJ
03-02-2004, 11:04 PM
Oh Abbie I want that feeling back!!!
Since I haven't been true to this WOE for the last few weeks, I am tempted by everything now. You are doing great if you've beaten the sugar cravings monster. keep up the great job!!!
Kim

Trazzie
03-02-2004, 11:48 PM
GO ABBIE! I know how difficult it can be when you head into situations you KNOW you may not be able to handle. However, I think you took the right steps and we're very successful. Good For You! :bravo: Such and inspiration!

Tummy Girl
03-03-2004, 08:24 AM
Abbie, I think that's a great idea, because no matter how many times we have an indescretion, there are 10 more times that we did exactly what our bodies need. There have been a lot of times over the past 8 or 9 months but the most recent one was a going away party in January for someone at work. There was pizza, wings, booze, so much stuff it's hard to remember it all and we were out of nearly 6 hours. Just drank my water and diet coke and danced the night away. Even lost 2lbs the next day which was a real kicker. That one was hard but I had just a good a time as everyone else and no hang over ;).

Ok everyone, what's something you've done you're really proud of? It feels a lot better to post here than over on the confession thread!

Tummy

lady_adnerb
03-03-2004, 08:34 AM
Congratulations Abbie. Bet you're on top of the world!!!

Hmm..I've still not tried a GS cookie yet. I keep telling myself "one of these days I'm going to binge on them until I'm either sick or they're all gone." So far the day hasn't come. lol I haven't been "alone" with them very long and DH keeps giving me disapproving looks when I even glance at them! :lol:

Theo'sgirl
03-03-2004, 10:28 AM
GREAT JOB Abbie!!!!

Once you beat the sugar monster, try not to feed it again because then you have to beat it all over again (only its a little easier the second time around) I was drooling yesterday when DS brought home cookies and was eating them from the party at school, but I just stayed away until they were gone.