South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2004, 06:23 PM   #1  

Talking 1st week weigh-in!

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]
I just finished my first week on SBD and had a weight loss of 6 1/2 pounds! I'm so excited! I'm losing weight with a friend of mine and she lost 7 pounds this first week. Nothing motivates like a good weigh-in. Of course I know the weight loss will soon slow down, but I'm going to enjoy and celebrate the successes no matter how tiny.

Thanks for all the good encouragement!
Old 03-02-2004, 07:21 PM   #2  

Way to go Cassidy!! You are off to a great start - just curious, do you mind sharing what you've been eating. Have you been staying mostly low fat, or mixing it up? I'm already getting tired of eggs so I've been having some nonfat vanilla yogurt. Any tips? And once again, now that I've badgered you for your secret
Old 03-02-2004, 09:42 PM   #3  

Great! I just started on Sat. and today (Tues.) I saw a 3 lb. loss. I am doing this to keep my husband motivated as he tries to lower his triglycerides. Mary
Old 03-03-2004, 02:37 AM   #4  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Congrats Cassidy.
Old 03-03-2004, 04:29 AM   #5  
Professional dieter

S/C/G: 250/232/130

Height: 5'3"

Congrats Cassidy and congrats and welcome too Teacher58
Old 03-03-2004, 08:15 AM   #6  

great job cassidy...........welcome to the beach teacher!!!
Old 03-03-2004, 11:26 AM   #7  

Cassidy!
Old 03-03-2004, 11:49 AM   #8  

Height: 5'-2"

Congratulations, Cassidy!
Old 03-03-2004, 04:04 PM   #9  

Congratulations Cassidy!!

If you don't mind sharing some examples of what your menu looks like I'd appreciate that. This is my first week on the SBD. Im looking for quick easy eats that satisfy.
I don't mind having scrambled eggs but a variety is nice.

Thanks,
Denise
Old 03-03-2004, 05:28 PM   #10  

For breakfast I've been eating eggs and 2 slices of turkey bacon
For lunch I've been eating leftovers from dinner
Snacks: cheese sticks, pistachio nuts, sausage (not legal, but I needed to use them up)
Dinner: I made lasagna and used zucchini strips to take the place of the noodles, then used the
fat free cottage cheese, fat free sour cream, low fat cheddar, and lean ground beef, and
then added lots of vegs. It was wonderful and lasted two nights and three lunches
I had chicken breast a couple of nights. I always make a large salad and usually have a
couple of deviled eggs.
I had tuna salad, low fat cottage cheese, and deviled eggs one night.
Chef salad one night with leftover chicken, added hard boiled eggs, cheese, and usual vegs.
One night I had lean pork chops, salad, deviled eggs, broccoli with cheese

For dessert I had either the sf jello or the chocolatate ricotta dish that is in the book. I also have
two mugs of green tea after dinner with sweetener. That is wonderful for relaxing me, although
I do have to get up to pee during the night!

Oh yes, I also drink lots of water. I carry a 1 1/2 liter bottle of water around with me.

I hope that helps. As you can see, I didn't spend a lot of time cooking. Cooking is not one of my great joys in life -- certainly not as much as eating!
Old 03-03-2004, 08:41 PM   #11  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Talking

Congrats Congrats to everyone who is losing I am on day 10 of plan and have lost 6.5 pounds. But I am also breastfeeding and I find it harder to lose weight when I am nursing.
I have been watching him closely and he is not having any side effects. He is 9 months old.

As for food, I usually eat grilled chicken salad, the Sunkist tuna in the pouches that are flavored, tried eggs with cheese and salsa (different) ummmm....... I also eat sugar free popcicles. If I think of more, I will let you know!~

Again Congrats everyone,
Penny
Old 03-03-2004, 09:44 PM   #12  
Professional dieter

S/C/G: 250/232/130

Height: 5'3"

Just an FYI Penny, I have heard that a nursing mother just like a pregnant one shouldn't eat tuna more than once a week at the very most because of the high mercury levels in it. It can (slim chance) be bad for the baby. Of course they come out with studies like this all the time and then later refute them! Congrats on your weight loss.
Old 03-03-2004, 09:46 PM   #13  

Thank You for posting your meals. I haven't tried the flavored tuna, gonna check that out!
Old 03-03-2004, 11:13 PM   #14  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Talking

Jennie527 ~
Thanks so much for the info! I actually did not even realize that! I don't usually have tuna more than once a week b/c I don't care for it as much as other foods. But I am so glad for the info. And actually nursing moms are not suppose to be doing PHASE I of the program. I am trying to wean him to the cup right now and hopefully be completely weaning by 12 months

Thanks again for the info.......

CanonGal
I have seen the Lemon Pepper and I have tried the Hickory Smoked YUMMMMMY!

Take care,
Penny
Old 03-04-2004, 06:03 PM   #15  

Penny I'm always glad to see other nursing moms! I am still nursing my 2 year old and am doing Phase 1 right now. She is older so I don't really worry about how it affect her at this point. I think it would really just be a problem for those with younger babies really, but I'm no doctor....lol

Its true about nursing, pregnant moms, and young children and tuna It is extremely high in mercury and they are even thinking about putting a warning label on cans of tuna fish now. I just limit myself to one can a week. You can look more up about it online when you have time to find out more.

Good luck!
Skinnymini
Closed Thread