Support Groups - Lo Carb #54 Shorts weather is coming

1fralick
03-02-2004, 05:21 AM
Good morning all.
How goes it for everyone? What a glorious weekend we had here. The weather was quite spring like and no rain. Although that is coming today. Been very quiet here! Been so so eating . Back to work today which is always easier to get OP. Been thinnking that 2 months has gone by. No movement on teh scale and I was to be well on my way to losing 100#. But to be honest I also haven't been consisitant in my efforts.
Today at work we are having a wellness lunch geared to promting wellness at the agency.

Hey guys check in!

dowsx4
03-02-2004, 11:21 PM
I have been on the run with the gym and time with the kids and shopping with mom so i have been mostly popping in to read the posts and not posting as much but i will post more tommorow!

1fralick
03-03-2004, 05:44 AM
Nice to see you Julie! Life just seems to get busier all the time.
Still OP for me. Didn't get the 2nd liter of water in though. oops had a little cupcake yesterday. At a meeting. Again letting change interfere with the plan. Had our wellness meeting yesterday and had a great turnout. Hopfully we can build on that.

Hello everyone else

dowsx4
03-03-2004, 12:47 PM
yes life does seem to get very busy and next week i dont even know if i will post for a few days since mom is having her surgery on monday and comming home to stay with me for a few days after so i will be taking care of her. I have been doing good at going to the gym and doing my cardio and i start lower body workouts tommorow. Its getting more comfortable going to the gym and not so intimidating. Where is everyone else??

1fralick
03-04-2004, 05:32 AM
Julie Way to go. I think that one thing that helps people be succesful is varying their workout. I agree that the gym can be intimidating. You are doing awesome! Yes next week will be hectic . I am sure that your mom will do fine!

Yes where is everyone???

Bunna, Sue Dana? Pam, Melody, Kina?
Oh, I am doing ok food wise, did better with the water yesterday.

1fralick
03-05-2004, 05:14 AM
My goodness where did everybody go? The bus is so quiet. Well still doing OK food wise. I can even report a lossof 1 pound!
I was thinking teh other day after our wellness luch @ work that for me "treating" my obesity by diet and exercise( well I at least think about it) maybe just treating the symtoms of the real issue. And the real issue may be for me the way I handle my stress. And if I really tried to learn new habits that the weight might be easier to battle. Well I am thinking on it!

How teh heck has everyone else's week gone?

Bunna how goes the eating and curves?
Sue I hope you are not battling computer woes again.
Kina I hope you find us again.
Julie, Good luck next week

Pam, Dana I hope you are feeling better

dowsx4
03-05-2004, 09:50 AM
Pat are we the only ladies left on the bus or are they all asleep? I did my lower body work out and I feel great! I had some sugar free peppermint patties last night cause I had some calories left over and my cousin told me that they would help with the side effect i get from low carb diet of.....how do I say it politely... sluggish bowels? But they actaully tasted pretty good! And i ate 4 of them not the whole bag! Down to 183 today! 13 more lbs and i have lost half my body weight.

nasus40
03-06-2004, 06:40 PM
I have a hard time trying to fit the computer time into the daily schedule some one is usally on the puter when I have any time and it is a hassel. BUT I will start spending time on my lunch checking in as I now have the internet on the puter at work!!! And I just bought me a lapt top. I am on that now but am having a hard time getting used the the squishced keys and I am trying to go tobed as one of the night nurses was found dead in her house yesterday so I am covering. I can not complain gosh she really had an excuse!!! I am still in shock I kow whe was older but not that old. well she was retirement age but still

I have been OP every day except today I went to friendlies and had frenchfries with my sandwhich and my icecream sunday when I was done. but It is all the bad things I have had in any quanity for over 2 months!!

I am almost down 20 lbs from the first of the year. just 2 lba shy of that so not bad. I feel so much better.

I did not make the gym much this weel as i did way to much on suncday my feet still hurt. but I will be making up for it this week!!!

Well I got the puter working on the internet so I can go and lay down!!!

nasus40
03-06-2004, 06:43 PM
Julie I take potassium and magnesium supplements and they magnesium is wonderful for not letting me get plugged. the yorks have sugar alcohols that will not be absorbed by the bowles and that causes the looser or loosening of the bowels. if it works but watch that they may trigger cravings if you do too much of them

dowsx4
03-07-2004, 12:13 AM
Good day ladies! I had a super workout at the gym today and went to lunch with the family and all in all had a good day. I am very careful with any sweets in the diet and so far it has not caused a craving cause i know that eating a trigger food is not a fun experience. I just wished that i could find something that would keep me regular since i eat alot of fiber foods and that still doesnt do it for me.
Although i seem to have a harder time when i am in certain weeks of my birthcontrol pills so i think some of it might be hormonal.

1fralick
03-08-2004, 06:06 AM
Good morning all!!

Well Sue you are doing great 20#??? Good for you. You must be getting into some clothes again.

ANd Julie that is an awesome milestone!! 1/2 your weight. You must be so excited.

I am loooking into this stress thing. for me. And looking into what I might be doing to keep myself fat. Sue your 20 # really got me thinking this weekend. I can say that I lost 1 # and it has taken me 2 months to do that. While I can at least say that I stopped putting the weight beack on and my clothes are looser. I sure did want a few more pounds off.

Where teh heck is everyone else? Bunna, Kina Dana??
Kina Melody ??

We are also a pretty nice group to hang with, so lurkers are welcome.

1fralick
03-09-2004, 07:59 PM
Hey all,
I can proudly report that I have been OP. Actually say the other side of 255#. I am at 254# . I have been lurking at 255 for so long that it was very frustrating. But it moved!

How is everyone else doing?
Julie I hope your mom is doing OK. ANd that they were able to do the less invasive procedure.
Sue you are doing awesome with the weight loss!
Bunna , I hope things are going well with you.

Dana, I hope by now that you are through with teh medical testing and on your way to feeling better.

Kina I fear you are lost. Pam and melody how are you. If you are lurking stop by for a few!

Trying to get more honest with myself. And put more effort into me!

1fralick
03-11-2004, 04:50 AM
My gosh where is everyone?
Well I can report anither OP day. Been battling some mental cravings. But I have been able to reason with myself. Can't seem to get going on the exercise though. I am hoping for some warm days and maybe I'll walk at work.

I hope everyone else is doing OK
Check in when you can!

nasus40
03-11-2004, 10:33 AM
Not Op today but I am still haning in there. I have officially went down to the 20 lb mark twice so that is good.

Julie try taking 400 to 800 mg of magneium daily it will solv the constipation problem.

I have been very busy and am starting to pop in for a few min while here at work. so I am brief as I have no time at home any more even with a new lap top. I am trying to figure it out. (new to me lap top) I do not have good reception for my wireless connection in my house. but I am learning.

Pat if the clothes are fitting better but the sclae is bearly moving that is a good sign that the weight is shifting. I know nothing makes you feel better than seeing the scale move.

Well I must run I was almost caught.

1fralick
03-12-2004, 05:35 AM
Hey all
WAy to go SUe!!! That is awseome and inspiring. When will the pace slow for us? My goodness.

I am still OP even got all my water in yesterday. Dealing with personal problems at work. They are very upsetting and draining.

I hope everyone else is doing well!

have a great weekend

dowsx4
03-14-2004, 09:47 PM
Well I am home after an awful week. Moms surgery went fine but her companion passed away that evening of a heart attack so I have been at my moms all week helping her take care of all that stuff. Too tired to catch up very much so i will be back later. By the way were is everyone?

1fralick
03-15-2004, 06:03 AM
Oh my goodness how awful for everyone. My prayers for your mom. Take care of yourself as best you can!

I am still here not sure where the others are??

Still OP food wise. But did very poorly on portions and water this weekend. The personel problems at my work cont. to get worse. Sounds like they might peek this week. I hope to start working out again this week. Monday's off to a poor start though!

Hey girls check in and let us know how goes iT.

dowsx4
03-15-2004, 08:24 PM
I did fairly well in the face of hard times and i saw the 170's for a reward today. Mind you it was 179.5 but it was still in the 170's! I know it will fluctuate back up in the 180s for a few days but i was so happy if there wasnt people around i think i would have kissed the scale!

1fralick
03-16-2004, 05:06 AM
That is totally awesome!!! I think of where you were and to be well on your way to your goal! You are just 20#'s from your goal weight. Did you keep track of the inches lost?

Julie the OP QUeen!

How is your mom doing? Very tough times for her.

I was OP again yesterday. Scale holding true.

Hello everyone else

dowsx4
03-16-2004, 09:42 AM
Great Job staying OP its not always the easiest thing to do. Mom is doing ok just trying to get used to staying by herself. She says she is fine but I know it must be weird and lonely. Unfortunaltly i never wrote down the inches i started at but it was like a 60 inch waist or close to it and now its about 33 inches. I need some new pics to update my website i have lost like 20 more lbs since it has been updated. I never wrote down my weights and dates so that sucks but as long as i keep the weight off i dont care! LOL. I really wonder what happened to the other ladies???

nasus40
03-17-2004, 03:56 PM
Julie My deepest sympathies for your mom. Gosh to have to deal with all that.

Keep strong you are doing just great!!

I was doing just great then a slip here then a slip there and now a slip now a slip...

shall I continue?? I have not seen any upward swing of the scale but will be having carb headaches for a few days. Work is keeping me busy and so is the house. I am at work just popping in to say HI to all. so be good and I will be poping in again soon as soon as I get the internet back to the notebook!! Gave it to DD so she does not use mine!!

1fralick
03-17-2004, 07:56 PM
Hey all
Work has been ****. Had to fire someone then, as a result of a burglery we had 2 employees arrested. What a mess! I guess I could have been betterOP wise ate alot of fruit today from a fruit platter. Better that cake which is what I really wanted. Been putting in long days at work and there looks like there is no end in sight. UGH!

But enough whining

Sue Great to here from you sorry about the slip. I fear we have lost everyone again HUGE SIGH@!!! You'll be back on top.

Julie, It sure will be hard for your mom for awhile. Do you live near to her? It will be good when she has healed and spring is here.

Well girls I can't wait until this week is over!

dowsx4
03-17-2004, 10:14 PM
Evening ladies!

Sue-I am so glad to see you! I thought maybe you fell off the wagon and bumped your head and knocked you out so you couldnt get back on! We all have slips just pick your self up and dust off and climb aboard again!

Pat sounds like you had a very stressful day! i think the fruit over eating cake is a big improvement and if you are going to stress eat then that is not too bad a choice. I hope everything is settled back down and back to normal.

My mom is doing well and she went to her follow up appointment today and they said everything looked good. She lives about an hour away but we meet about 5 days a week and spend the day together. It will take time to learn how to live alone but we will help her get adjusted. Thanks for the kind thoughts.

1fralick
03-22-2004, 05:27 AM
Good monday morning to everyone.
How has everyone been?
Had a so so weekend. PMS sending carivings thru the roof. ANd Winter has returned for a visit. It snowed all day yesterday. ANd I had to snowblow as DH has an ear sinus thing going on. It was all just wrong!
I am determined to turn things around at work. I just don't think things can get any worse. But I have thought that before. Well they say things are darkest before the light.

So I will get my water in this week and eat OP.

Julie how are you and your mom?
Sue howwas your weekend. I fear the bus is empty

Hello Pam, Kina Bunna Dana. STop in.

dowsx4
03-22-2004, 08:39 AM
I am here just not as often as i was since i have been so busy. Mom is doing well she is thinking of taking a trip to visit friends down there, wish i could go but the kids have school and they have missed to much already. I will be getting my puppy in another 2 1/2 weeks, we went to see her saturday. She is soooo cute! I am so sick of yucky weather! I want a nice 77 degree day that i can sit outside and smell the grass and maybe go fishing......

1fralick
03-23-2004, 05:35 AM
Boy am I with you. It seems like spring is so far away and then it will be gone in a minute! I hope your mom has a good trip. It will be good for her. Had another OP day yesterday. Except for water. Some positive things happened at work.

dowsx4
03-23-2004, 09:12 AM
Great job on the OP day! I am glad some good things are happening at work you have had more than your share of bad things. I had a great work out at the gym yesterday with 20 minute on the bike, 2 circuits on the lower body weights and 25 minutes on the cross trainer followed by pool time with the kids. I felt great going home. Today I go to find out what is going on with my shoulder and if I will have to have surgery.

1fralick
03-24-2004, 05:09 AM
Julie Great work out. It is nice that you and your children are at the gym together. You are teaching them the importance of health!

Another OP day except for the water part. Boy your body sure does get used to things. I am holding on to 254# The weight is just hanging on a result of my feeling stressed all the time. I might not be getting enough cals too. SUe is a good judge of that.
I appreciate your posting here too. It can get pretty lonely at times.

I hope you don't need surgery but I hope they can help you feel better too.
Have a great wednesday!

dowsx4
03-24-2004, 07:48 AM
Well they gave me an cortizone injection in my shoulder and if that doesnt help within 2 weeks I will be scheduled for surgery. I have a torn labruim and a partially torn rotator cuff. I am hoping the cortizone shot helps but she didnt sound like she thought it would be enough.

1fralick
03-25-2004, 05:30 AM
Hi ,
Well I sure hope that shot does the trick or at least gives you some relief. I am sure that you want to avoid the surgery, especially with young children that want to be picked up. How did you do teh damage? Or si it something that has just been getting worse?

So so day yesterday, I fell to teh call of PMS. BUt Am back in control this morning.
Again poor planning on my part.

Hey everyone else!

dowsx4
03-25-2004, 07:40 AM
I had a car accident about 2 1/2 years ago and had whiplash and this is a result from that happening.
My arm and neck is sore today so I am not too hopeful this is going to work. I just want to feel good again.

1fralick
03-27-2004, 07:37 AM
Well I am sorry that it doesn't seem to be working. But I guess it might take a couple of days.

Lost another pound! I increased my cal. Intake I think I cut mysefl too Low.

Take care this weekend . Hope your mom is ok. I hop that the pain gradually fades