Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2001, 09:48 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Talking

Hello, come join us. We're a wonderful group of people who come here for support in our journey down the scale to 250 lbs. Join us even if you have a long way to go or have already passed this point.

Live each day and be done with it. Reflect on the joys and the mistakes and grow from it. But live life one day at a time.
Old 03-31-2001, 10:01 AM   #2  

Hello everyone!

Thanks Maggie for the recipe. I love those biscuits!! Good for you for being so good at Red Lobster. What control.

Cynthia: Good advice on the cravings. Its hard sometimes to just stop and think about what is causing the urge to overeat. Good job on the lunch too. Sounds like you've got a good grip on mind over food!.

Geri, you are such a busy girl! Your redocorating sounds wonderful.

Today will be a hard day for me. Its raining and cold and DH is off to work. Saturdays and sundays typically are where I do myself in. I usually want to snack all day. Plus on a rainy day, its hard for me to get motivated to doing stuff. I'm fighting the urge of going back to bed and be lazy. I need to get active and get busy.

My challenge to myself is to see how many tasks I can put on a list that I accomplished today and tomorrow.

On that note, I'm outta here for awhile. Be strong everyone and keep up all the great work and attitudes.

P.S. My sister is joining WW this morning. She always loses faster than I do so that will be a bit frustrating for me. Her body is like Dad's. They can lose weight rapidly without any exercise. Nada. But mom and I have to exercise and it takes a lot of work for us. The doctor said, life is not fair. Hmmmpf. But maybe it will also be motivation for me to keep focused.
Old 03-31-2001, 02:55 PM   #3  
Thin Within

Default GOOD AFTERNOON Countdowners

And a lovely OP day it is turning out to be. I amaze myself sometimes!

TERRI I know you will enjoy those biscuits. They are good with any meal and be careful for you will want to finish all of them! I know how it can be frustrating for others to lose faster .... I had a friend that ate more than I did on program and she could drop 4 pounds a week ~ go figure. But you know that if we keep our FOCUS we will get there at our own pace.

CYNTHIA Your smoothie recipes are on their way. Be prepared for I think there are about 24 of them.
Like I said I made them into a little booklet with laminated cover and all. Enjoy.

Have a great weekend all ya'all. Tomorrow at church there is a pot-luck (first Sun. every month) and a birthday party for a lady turning 90. I plan on behaving myself totally. That is my plan.

Maggie sippin' Hazelnut coffee in Tennessee
Old 03-31-2001, 05:51 PM   #4  
Find a Way

Terri - I do have a grip for now, but you know how things can change. I figure I just have to keep working hard and keeping at it if I want to get to goal and maintain the loss. I'm hearing you on the "DH is gone and the weather sucks" blues. Nothing makes me want to sit down in front of the tv set with food more. If there is any way you can get out of the house, do so. One of my favs is to head to a great local bookstore, sit on one of their comfortable couches, and read. I figure they get enough of my money throughout the year that I'm entitled to some freebies now and then . Or the library could work as well.

Maggie - thanks dear, I got the recipes and have saved them in a Word file. Wow, it will take me forever to try them all!! Lately I've switched from coffee to tea and I'm really enjoying it, once I learned how to make the stuff properly. I love all the varieties and the little rituals that can revolve around it. A local retailer (tea and coffee) offers afternoon teas so I'm getting a group of friends together to try it out.

Well, I get to have a new WI outfit. Since March 5th I've gone to meetings in the same black jeans (24W) and short-sleeved green knit shirt. Now I'll be able to wear my new blue jeans (22W) with that same shirt. Can't wait to see if the smaller amount of material makes a difference .
Old 04-01-2001, 10:09 AM   #5  
Dying to be thin

Happy Sunday Everyone. Well I can't say that I straightened up my act because I have been very self destructing this weekend. I have ate everything! I jumped on my scale at home this morning and wow...it doesn't look good. Now I don't know if I should face the music and go Monday to Weigh In or focus and try really hard between today and Wednesday and go to the Wednesdays meeting....hmmm... I don't know what totally caused me to eat and eat and eat but I know that I am ready to get back on track.

I am glad to hear that everyone is doing well. Please stay on track and journal and exercise as much as you can! Stay on the wagon and pull me back up!!!

Well I better go, but I will talk to you all later!

Angie
Old 04-01-2001, 02:08 PM   #6  
Find a Way

Angie - as long as you go to a meeting this week then do whatever will make you feel best. If seeing a large gain could freak you out, then wait till Wednesday. Just go to one of them .

I weighed-in early this week because tomorrow is too hectic and I did't want to just WI and run out. There's a Sunday morning meeting that my leader runs, so I went to that one. I lost another 4.4 lbs. for a total of 14 gone! Next week I hope to be in the 250s. And I'm more than halfway towards getting that darned keychain. I've joined many times since they instituted the 10% thing, but I've yet to stay around long enough to get the keychain.
Old 04-01-2001, 07:50 PM   #7  
Thin Within

It is a beautiful day this day. I survived the pot-luck with flying colors....... stayed completely away from the dessert table.... yes I did.

CONGRATULATIONS CYNTHIA for those pounds gone! You go girl!

ANGIE You can make it! I would go to the Monday meeting and face the music and start a fresh week. Me, if I waited till Wednesday that would be just more eating time. Just a peek into what I would do. Now for you..... I am guiding the wagon your way so hop aboard for I am right there to pull you back up!

Maggie holding out her hand to Angie.......
Old 04-02-2001, 12:14 AM   #8  
Dying to be thin

AWWW you girls are just the sweetest things in the world!!! I am so glad that I have all of you to talk to down this long road!! I am going to go to the Monday night meeting and "Face the music" whatever the scale shows..it doesn't matter, I start fresh!!! My goals this week are to eat less Carbs and to exercise 4 days.
I know I can do it!!

Congratulations WW Queen!!!! I am super proud of you!!! I know you will make it next week in the 250's!!! Keep doing what you are doing cause it's working!!!!

We played volleyball and won all 3 games!! It felt good to win! I also walked 1 mile today!!

Well I better go to bed, I have school tomorrow! Take care girls!!

Angie
Old 04-02-2001, 03:00 AM   #9  

Default Proud of myself

Angie I did the same thing this week...I watched the carbs like crazy..And I'm sure I will show a weight loss tomorrow..We are having a salad potluck..Contest you know..Our side lost..I currently weigh 300 so I know I won't be down to 250s until next fall..The weather here is just starting to warm up Thank God..And I can't wait to start walking at the parks..And we do have some pretty parks here..Take care all and may GOD BLESS you and your love ones..Your new friend Sheryl Staton
Old 04-02-2001, 07:46 AM   #10  

Hi All,

Another weekend gone much too quickly. I really need some vacation time but won't take that until we are moving into the house.

We went yesterday afternoon to pick out our puppy. Oh my, they are all so cute. We were 4th pick so we only had two to choose from. I don't think I could have chosen between 5. We took the one who licked and bit our hand, chewed on our shoes and played. He looks like a baby grizzley bear. His butt looks just like a bear's butt right now. I wanted them all. It was hard leaving him behind. We won't get him for another two weeks and then I have to take him to my sister's until we move in May.

I made it through the weekend OP for a change. I got to moving on Saturday and got alot accomplished. I hardly sat down all day. I even got in two decent workouts. And I didn't snack all day. The scale is showing a maintain this morning and that is because I had some high days during the week. So this week, I've just got to put it all together. I think I can, I think I can. I know I can....but will I????

Cynthia - Woohoo!! Another 4.4 pounds. You are doing so great. Very inspiring.

Maggie - Good for you on staying away from the dessert. Those potlucks are a challenge. You have been doing very good about staying OP.

Angie - I agree with going to face the music on Monday. I find I do myself more sabotage when I start playing games with weigh-in. I'd overdo it then try to eat practically nothing the two days before WI. Or switch days on WI because I knew I had been overdoing it. When I start doing that is when I end up being frustrated and quitting. You are doing so great on all your exercise. With that, you'll quickly recover from your little setback. You've got a great attitude about it all too. Jump on that wagon!

I better get ready for work. I'd rather sit in a stupor for a little longer.

Have a great OP day, ladies and be strong!
Old 04-02-2001, 12:35 PM   #11  

Default You all seem so nice... mind if I squeeze in???

You all seem like such a nice supportive group. Have room for one more? I like the fact that this thread seems like a smaller, more intimate group. It's nice when you really get to know one another in this kind of setting.

Anyway, I just RE-joined last week. I'm sure mine is the same story as many before. I've tried every program under the sun, and hoping that this is the answer. I find the program easy to understand, following it is the question though.

I have 127 pounds to lose (ugh!). Hopefully, with all of your support, this journey will be a bit easier.

Looking forward to getting to know you all! Have a good one!

Jill
Old 04-02-2001, 12:40 PM   #12  
Makin_it

Hi everyone....

WELCOME Jill..... glad your joining... this really is a great group. Try not to look at the big picture, look at 10% and than the next 10%, before you know it you have been on program for 7 months like me and have 100 pounds gone for ever. Promise yourself that your here till the end. I know I will not quit...even when I hit 180 pounds, I'm here forever, it's the life style I love..... Hang in there and if you get in a rut signon and read or post, it really does does help.....

I feel like I've been away for awhile, but I've been reading the posts and keeping motivated. Thanks..

Well I DID IT........ I've got the exercise bug

Dancing on Friday night, than Saturday worked about 3 hours helping with a flyer blitz, door to door and some of those porches... OUCH!!! Dancing again on Saturday night. Well lets just say on Sunday morning my body was aching. Well I pulled out my Taebo Basic tape and thought I would give it a try.... I guess losing the 91 pounds has helped, I made it 3/4 of the way through and LOVE IT!!!!! I'm going to do it at least 4 times a week. It really got my heart rate up and sweating like crazy... I think I can get my next 9 pounds off in no time with the help of Taebo... . COME ON 100 POUNDS

Terri your puppy sounds so cute, I miss having a dog... maybe someday I'll get one again. Sounds like your doing well with the program... Keep it up!

Angie - I'm glad you decided to go to WW tonight.... Just remember even if your up, its just a LITTLE blip on that radar screen, you'll make it to a safe landing if you keep flying steady and keep your eyes on that runway!

Maggie - Way to go on staying away from the dessert table.... Keep up the good work....PS. could you send me the bisuit and smoothie receipes too... I would love you to death if you did......

Cynthia.... YOU CAN GET THAT KEYCHAIN, just hang in there and before you know it, you'll have reached your goal and gotten that magic lifetimer key..... I know where your comming from, I've been to WW more times than I would like to admit, but it doesn't matter.... your there now and working at it....... This time till the end...

By the way, WAY TO GO on the new blue jeans..... (I bought myself a pair a few weeks ago but the calf is still tight and I don't like how they look, I think they won't fit my waist by the time the legs look ok.... DAMN.... I want to wear jeans SOOOOO bad you just don't understand.... I'll get in a pair soon enough)

Well I guess I've rambled enough..... Have a great OP day all..... I know I will!

Brenda
430/339/180 in 2002.........................COME ON 100 pounds

Last edited by canadian; 04-02-2001 at 12:49 PM.
Old 04-02-2001, 05:42 PM   #13  
Thin Within

And a good afternoon it is! Weigh in Report: I showed a loss of .4 this day. Now that isn't a pound but I will take all I can get.

JILL You are certainly welcome to join this group. Good for you for making the decision to join WW. Come walk the walk to thin with us who have as much or more than you do to shed.

CINTHIA I can hear your blender spinning.

TERRI that puppy sure sounds cute! I bet you go to your sis's often to see it.

BRENDA I sure will e-mail you those recipes ~ however I don't believe I have your address so here is mine and you can send me an e-mail so I can get yours. [email protected]

ANGIE you go girl with that volley ball! Here is a little something for you to help you face the music.
Old 04-02-2001, 06:09 PM   #14  
Dying to be thin

Well girls, I faced the music
The scale showed me up 2.2

I am certainly not happy at all. I almost cried but then I thought to myself..this is not the end but the beginning. I am going to get off the computer and get on my treadmill. Here I go!!!

Maggie: Being OP has paid off for you! Great job on your loss!!

Welcome Jill! Come and Join us!!

Canadian- I have the taebo tapes also..maybe I will get them out this week! Those 9 pounds will be history soon!!!! Good Luck

Determined: I am glad to hear you made it through the weekend OP!!! That's really great!! Thanks for your encouragement!

Sheri- Thank you for your kind words!

Well girls, Like I said...I am off for a date with my treadmill!! Talk to you all later!

Angie
Old 04-02-2001, 08:03 PM   #15  

Hello,

Just a quick reply tonight. I should be working on bill paperwork stuff but I'm tired. It was a hectic day at work. I came home and got in a nice 25 min walk. That really helps. I'm very much OP today and it feels great to be in control. If it feels so good, then why do we sabotage ourselves with off program days?

Just wanted to say hi to Jill and welcome to the group. We've always got room for more.

Angie - Don't beat yourself up on the 2.2. I know how discouraging it is but you're doing the right thing by hopping on the treadmill. Focus on the things you do right not on what you feel you did wrong.

Brenda - I love the tae bo tapes. I haven't done them in awhile because my basement has been reorganized first for a stepson living there and now its a disaster with stuff I have packed. You'll blast those 9 pounds away.

Maggie - Yeah for the .4 gone. Keep driving the wagon we've all jumped on. We'll get there.

I better get busy. Hope DH gets dinner fixed soon because I'm starved.

Take care and be strong!
Closed Thread