Support Groups - Weighty Issues #13

View Full Version : Weighty Issues #13

angieME
03-01-2004, 11:05 AM
WEIGHTY ISSUES #13

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to the March edition of the Weighty Issues Thread. We are a group of awesome women who support each other through the highs and lows of every day life--it's not just about weight loss, it's about LIFE. If you have something to say or need a shoulder to cry on, Weighty Issues is the place to be. Come on in, grab a chair and stay and chat a while. You'll be glad you did!

angieME
03-01-2004, 11:15 AM
Good Morning. Well, another month has passed and I realized that I havent been dieting for 4 months and I have gained back a whopping 38 pounds!!! Well, I guess I had better do something about it now. I weighed in this morning and it said 178 pounds!!! I swear to god I almost passed out right there! It is amazing how fast it comes back. I hate it but I start out the days strong but at 3:00 it is like all **** breaks loose and I just start to eat. My life is in chaos right now and I know that is no excuse.

I am about ready to say to **** with it and take the for sale sign down from my house. I have no idea where I want to go and everytime I think I know something happens to ruin it. Maybe I am meant to stay in this miserable little **** town and stay broke forever. Sorry to be a downer lately but I am really ready for a nervous break down I think. :lol:

angieME
03-01-2004, 11:18 AM
Okay that was my last negative post. I need to move forward and get on with it.

Kempy, How was school? Did you guys have a good weekend?

Cal, I am so sorry to hear about your grandmother and your coworker. You have had a hectic year.

Noelle,Jacks,Julie,and everyone else What did you all do this weekend?

angieME
03-01-2004, 11:24 AM
How do we get Weighty Issues to be written in bold like the other threads?

jbbm
03-01-2004, 11:56 AM
Hi everyone

Angie first of all hugs. Life can be so hard sometimes. Along with worrying about the numbers on the scale. You WILL get back on track. You are strong and can do it! About selling you house, I am sure you and your husband I have sat down and talked about the pros and cons of moving. I wouldn't rush into anything, but when the right place or move comes along your heart will know it.

Gosh I wish I had more time to talk right now but the kids are calling the phone is ringing. I will check back. Lets start fresh everyone, its a brand new clean month, forget about the past and lets just move on :).
Chat Later Julie

Kempyd
03-01-2004, 12:15 PM
Good to see a few of us are posting on the #12 thread. I don't know how to make our thread in bold Angie. Keep your spirits up girl. I think you are just dealing with a lot right now and that is why you have not been dieting. I know you can do it you just have to grab life by the horns. Moveing is very scary ecspecially when you are going to a place where you know no one. I did it and it took us a little while to get used to things. I know you can do whatever it is you set your mind too. I will be behind you 100% of the way.

I am getting over a big weekend of having friends over and drinking to much. Joe and I were stuck on the sofas all day yesterday. I hate that on my only day off I can't move. I told him we must be getting old b/c we used to be able to party and then get moving again the next day. Well, not anymore. I am ready to get on with losing more weight too so I hope to see more of you guys today.

PhotogirlTX
03-01-2004, 12:53 PM
(((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))) ANGIE!!!!!!! Girl, I know the feeling.... I totally understand about the not dieting and packing the pounds back on.. why is it so difficult to get back in control??? OK.. I vow to be here for you..... we can start making they tiny steps together.

On Friday, I got the unoffical news (offical news will come tomorrow) that our office will be closed by the end of the year. More like third quarter.... the plan will be laid out to us tomorrow along with the options we will have. I am currently trying to get another position within my company (different division, but a virtual job with travel) but I am sure there are probably at least 10 other people in my office after the same job. Wish me luck. I had the initial phone interview this morning. My life has been a little stressed out and what do I do??? EAT. Just EAT, and EAT and EAT...... sheesh.. I know what I NEED to do to feel mentally and physically better.... but it's just easier to eat. So... I need to work on that obstacele.

Hugs to everyone! Kempy, Julie, Noelle, Jacks and anyone else I am leaving out.... Lets try to make this a great month.... I've missed you girls!

Cherie

angieME
03-01-2004, 02:13 PM
Cherie, I hope you can find something else for a job. Good Luck getting the one you are applying for. I know what you mean about it just being easier to eat and it does make you feel better(until your done that is) Too bad we couldnt just skip a month and have been good for the whole time with no problem. :lol: That is exactly what I do. I am so sick of being up and down. I frigged off all winter and now I get the humiliation of being seen out walking again FAT! There are many people who love seeing someone do that so it bugs me quite a bit.

Kempy, I dont think I could handle partying anymore. I used to do it quite a bit after the twins were born and I wouldnt get home until 6 in the morning and then I would have to get up with them. :yikes: I hat the feeling of being hung over. I used to drink the Jack Daniels drinks(Down Home Punch) and I could go through 12 or so of them(They are small) and I would be so drunk but I never got a hang over from that. Sloe gin and Koolaid never gave me a hangover either.

Julie, Yeah, we have talked it over and that is probably why we keep stalling on it. :lol: I have a way of over analyzing things.

Well, pee break is over time to get back to work. By the way it is so nice out today. It must be close to 40. :lol: :lol: Tigger wants to go out so bad but I dont want to let him out. Little Gray doesnt want anything to do with the outdoors. Must have to do with getting frostbite on her tooties.

melekalikimaka
03-01-2004, 04:18 PM
Hey girls. Happy first day of March--new month, new thread, new start right? I'm gonna take this one day at a time and hopefully get serious (again) about this weight loss effort. It's a really crazy Monday and I already shed some tears so yup, it's a really cr@ppy Monday. I'm feeling better now though and the good news is so far I'm OP!!! :cb: Of course it's not yet lunch time, but celebrate the baby steps forward I always say.

Hang in there everyone, we can help each other through this. I'm really busy right now so I have to get back to work. I'll be back later. Happy thoughts, happy thoughts, happy thoughts :rolleyes:

angieME
03-01-2004, 06:14 PM
Noelle, I hope your day gets better. I feel like I am always one tear from a total breakdown lately. I just want to bawl my eyes out half of the time and I dont know why. I have never had it that bad before.

Right now I am watching the deer out my window in my neighbors yard eating. They are so pretty. They are also pretty *****y. :lol: They are bucking around and hogging the deer feed. Of course Meanie(My himalayan) is right out there with them. :lol: They dont seem to mind though. I am sure they are the same deer from every other year so they probably already know him. haha

So far so good for today. I did eat a little extra chicken with supper but that is better than I have been. Of course with the last meal of the day comes my defiance and in my head I am thinking of yuimmies to snack on later.

calnative
03-01-2004, 10:07 PM
Today was not easy. Most of the teachers were in tears, or at least close to it. Everyone is still in shock. The students were pretty subdued as well. Some of them made a memorial poster with Jackie's picture and birth and death years. I was actually surprised to see that she was born the same year as my mom. They put it just outside her door. Telling my kids this morning was one of the hardest things I ever had to do. The district was good; they provided counselors all day for students and staff. Some of the district bigwigs even came in and offered to take some of our classes if we needed time away. I just tried to keep everything as normal as possible, not only for the kids, but for me as well. One of the teachers said she is convinced that our school is cursed. :) What a year.

I did ok for lunch today. I had a sloppy joe sandwich, salad, cottage cheese with peaches, and green beans. For dinner was chicken and noodles and cucumbers. I'm still full. :p

Hang in there everyone. We can and will win the war on weight!! :strong: :grouphug:

Cal

jldg888
03-01-2004, 11:20 PM
Aloha Ladies! Didn't get a chance to post earlier today because we had a 3 hour staff meeting which backed up all my other work...whoo hoo. I had a pretty good day, except someone brought in some Big Island Candies (yummy cookies!). I had 3 because I couldn't resist. The weekend went by like a blur. I swear weekends are getting shorter and shorter. I pigged out on Fried chicken and sushi on Sunday. Thank God I'm used to eating smaller portions now because I couldn't eat past a few bites. I did lose a couple more pounds luckily. I thought I would lose anything b/c Friday I weighed myself and I didn't go down.

Angie - Hey Girl! Heads Up! I do hope you feel better. I know exactly how you feel. I did the same thing a few weeks ago and read the same 3 numbers on the scale. You will get back on track because you are really strong. Remember we're all here for you. And the right time or house will come along sooner or later. Don't you worry!

Cal - I'm so sorry to hear about your fellow teacher. It must have been so hard. You are so strong and a great model for your students. They are proud to have you. I do hope things will look up for your school. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Noelle - Great job on staying OP! Hope you're feeling better and didn't shed any more tears! We have enough water coming down from the skies already! Happy thoughts indeed for this month ahead. I know we can all do it!!!

Cherie - Good Luck on that job! I know you will get it. You're much better than those other 10 people. I too am looking for another job. Hope something good comes around soon, but so far no such luck. Don't get too stressed!

Kempy - If you want to talk about old - me and Kelly hardly go out on the weekend. We clean the house and do laundry, and that's the highlight of the weekend. We couldn't even muster up enough energy to go to the movie theatres to watch Passion! Wonder what it'll be like when we're married!!!

Julie - Topic of the Month is Newness and I'm all for that! Definitely need to start off fresh - we can think of it as our January! Let's all get together and make this a very productive (and losing) month!

Well ladies - gotta go get dinner started. Hope you all get to catch the AI tonight with William Hung (I know you will Noelle!). Have a very good night and see you all bright and early tomorrow morning!!!

;) :D :) JACKS

PhotogirlTX
03-02-2004, 08:41 AM
Good Morning.... I am here... stressful eating and all.... not even 8 am in the morning, and I had a PayDay candy bar and a diet coke. Today is when we find out the official fate of our office. Needless to say, I didn't sleep well at all last night... the past two nights have been bad. However, I have vowed to say here, and not run and hide like I've done in the past! :-) I'll keep you posted!

Jacks.. thanks for the words of encouragement with the job.... hopefully a formal interview will be set up by tomorrow. It's all the waiting and waiting that is getting to me.

Cal, I am so sorry to hear about your fellow teacher.. what a shock that must have been for you and your students. My prayers go out to all of you.

Noelle and Angie.... right there with you with the tears... I am such an emotional person anyway.. it doesn't take much... usually a sappy commerical can do it! ;-) One day at a time is a great way to look at it... don't stress out about tomorrow.... I will try to do that... however, I think I picked a bad day to focus on. It was one of those days that I just didn't want to crawl out of bed.

Good Morning to Kempy, Julie and Anna...... I'll check in later girls!

Cherie

angieME
03-02-2004, 01:32 PM
Good afternoon everybody. We went out of town today to see if there were any rentals in Camden on the coast but no luck. We have decided to keep the house up for sale with a high price on it without the bakery and if it sells that way then good more money for me but if it doesnt then we are going to save like we have never saved before and try to get a good nest egg and move South in the next couple of years. It is so hard to plan while the kids are still so dependent on us because it needs to be safe with schools that are relatively violence free and where I would feel safe leaving them alone while I worked. That seems to be hard to find in any place other than Maine. People up here dont even lock there doors and when something bad happens it makes the news for days. It is a pretty sheltered life.

I made it through last night. The scales dropped down to 173 this morning so alot of yesterday was water but I still gots a long way to go. :lol: Today on the other hand is rainy and yucky and I want to bake cookies and stuff for me(plus while we were on the coast all I could think about was a lobster roll and some Chowda!!!)!! I did have some fondant with peanut butter and then I made myself stop but let me tell you when I have to glaze the honey buns it is gonna be hard. Jay is such an awesome cook!! I never liked raised donuts until lately but when they are still hot and sticky they are so damn good!! :lol: ENOUGH FOOD TALK!!!!

Noelle, I hope your day is going better.

Kempy, Where are ya today?

Jacks, Me and Jay are the same way. We go shopping on Saturday for groceries and then we just sit at home all the time. That is probably why we have a weight problem. :lol:

{{{{Cherie}}}} Good luck today. I hope you get the new job. I am sending good thoughts your way.

Cal, It is nice that the students care about the teachers in your school. It means you guys are doing a good job.

I gotta get back to work. Talk with ya later.

Kempyd
03-02-2004, 02:23 PM
I am here I have just been busy with an order that just came in and I just finished eating lunch. Now I am sitting here trying to let it go down b4 I jump right back into things.

Cal I think I missed it, what happened to the teacher?

Noelle do you thinkit is b/c of all of the rain that you are feeling down?

Jacks we are the same as you guys usually. We normally just stay home. SInce i am off only on Sunday's we will stay in on Sat. night so that we can get up to work inthe yard on Sunday's.

Angie I think your ideas are good about staying put until you really find out what to do. I think there are lost of places that you can go that will be small enough for you guys. There are a few towns right around me that are the way you talk about.

Cherie good luck today!

Julie what's up girl?

jbbm
03-02-2004, 02:54 PM
Hi Girls

Boy oh boy, the kids have me moving today. Basically the first time I have sat down. Well guys I did it I am in the 130's....I know if I go on a binge I will be right back up. I have been trying to excercise 20 minutes a day not counting weekends. Whats everyone making for dinner?

Angie I agree with Kempy's advice. Great job on the loss.

Hugs Noelle. I hope you are feeling better soon. Give that cute little boy a hug and that might help :). I probally have tears at least once a week. Your not alone.

Cherie good luck.

Hi Jacks and everyone else. So sorry I could make this post longer but I have someone that needs me right now. Luv ya guys Julie

calnative
03-02-2004, 10:04 PM
Hello everyone,

Thank you for the words of support. Today was a bit better. It's still hard, but we have a great support group. The teachers and staff are all really pulling together. The kids are doing great as well. In 2 weeks we have the SAT9 tests. I just love standardized tests. :crazy: What's really crazy is that the tests are the last week of school before our break. We know how focused the kids will be then. ;)

Kempy: One of our 8th grade teachers died suddenly last weekend. She was a really popular teacher. We still don't know exactly what happened. She was with her husband Friday night and collapsed. On Saturday, she seemed to be doing ok at the hospital, but sometime on Saturday she died. It was a real shock to all the staff and her students. Telling my students was the hardest thing I've ever had to do.

Angie: Hang in there!! I know it can be difficult sometimes because you know what you want, but don't see it yet. You'll find the perfect place for you with a market for your bakery and safe schools. We left California when Ashley was born because we didn't want to raise her there. Although I love California, I have never regretted moving. We still go back to visit and it just lets me know that we definitely made the right decision. The weight will come back down as well. Soon it will be warm and nice outside and you can start walking again. From earlier posts, you seem to really enjoy the walks. I'm trying to get the strength to walk here as well, before it gets hot. I have started using the stairs more at work and that seems to work for me right now.

Hello to everyone else. :wave: Have a great week.

Cal

angieME
03-03-2004, 10:56 AM
JULIE<YEAH!!!!! :cheer: :cheer: Hooraay on reaching the 130's!!! I am so happy for you!!

Cal, When does it start to get bitterly hot for you? I know even in Maine that I try to get up really early during the summer to walk and then do it again when it gets closer to dark.

Me and Jay did a 3 mile walk today. I wished I could say it was fun but it wasnt. :lol: It felt like work. I cant wait for it to get easier. :lol:

Not much happening here today.

PhotogirlTX
03-03-2004, 01:04 PM
Good Morning Guys.... I had my official cry and whine session last night, after our meetings here.... Yes, my office will be closed come September, but hey... I refuse to get upset about it now. I am going to take these next 6 months, look for a new job, try to place myself in the position with my company to get an internal position, and take back my healthy eating and exercising. Forget about this stress I've been having and start taking care of myself again. I have placed this stress on me, and I have put that food in my mouth... so now it's back to letting things roll off, and take the steps I need to take to feel better.

Julie... WTG on hitting the 130's!!!!!! That is SUPER!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep up all that great work! :-)

Cal, hope things continue to get better there at your school. Hopefully this will pull your school closer together and will make you all stronger. You are in my prayers.

Angie.... WTG on walking!!!! It's a start.... I am going to try to make THAT exact same start this afternoon! You are doing great!!!

Anyway.... I am here at work... and I need to get back to work.... I still have a job.. and I am VERY thankful for that! :-) Bye Girls!

Cherie

Kempyd
03-03-2004, 01:37 PM
Wow Julie that is great. I don't even remember that last time I was in the 130's. I bet you feel wonderful. Keep it up. Maybe I can get some of you to rub off on me.

Angie baby steps, baby steps. You are doing it and that is what counts. It is still getting dark to early here for me to walk in the afternoons. I can tell it is staying light longer but it still isn't bright enough for me. Would you believe that we are almost at 80 today?

Cal how has your day been today?

Cherie great attitude. You have to make lemonade out of lemons sometimes. You look like you have the right attitude. It is really good to see everyone changing back to normal.

Jacks and Noelle did you guys drown with all of that rain?

Not much going on here today. I was trying to plan a bachelorette party for my friend but I keep running into problems. First of all I am not even the Maid of Honor. The bride is not speaking to her now so I thought it would be nice to do it. I bet i wont even get a thank you for it. Then I was trying to get some names from her boyfriend and he called last night and said that she didn't want to give any names b/c she dosen't like surprises. WHAT?? I am trying to do something nice and she dosen't really want to do anything. I am not planning a stripper or anything I just want to have us all go out to dinner and then hang out in the resturant bar. I wanted to have it in Destin, Fl so we could hop from one resturant to another. I thought it would be good to wait until tourist season is over that way I can get the servers involved. You know, let them know it is her party and see how much they embarass her. I just don't want her to look back in a few years and regret not doing anything. I got tore down and mine and I was really sick the next day but when I look back at the pictures I love it. I had the bast time.

melekalikimaka
03-03-2004, 03:06 PM
Hey everyone, happy hump day. I'm still in sort of a blue funk over here but at least I got up off my butt and got some exercise yesterday. I've been slacking on the exercise for almost a week! *gasp* and I suspect this yucky mental slump I've been in is due in part to that. Anyway, it felt absolutely wonderful to get out and stretch my legs and work those muscles up those big hills :dance:. If it doesn't rain too hard this afternoon I'm gonna do it again. We're still having some wet weather here and although it's about 73 degrees and sunny right now, more rain is expected later today.

Kempy you are a great friend to plan the party like that. Hope you get a little more cooperation from the bride. How come the bride is not speaking to the maid of honor? How far away is the big day? I didn't have a rowdy bachelorette party myself but I did have a nice evening out with all my girls and got some pretty raunchy gifts :devil:. Back then I blushed easily, the same can't be said for today though :lol:.

Cherie, lets get the funk out of this place. Sorry to hear about your office closing but at least you have the positive mindset. I'm sure you'll find something that suits you fine as you have a great head on your shoulders. Good luck.

Angie, way to go girl! I know how those walks can feel like work, but just think about when you get your lungs and legs back--remember how good the exercise can make you feel? Keep it up girlfriend, we'll get through this.

Julie, :bravo: you are awesome! I'm so proud of you. I'm choosing you for my role model today. Maybe I need another little to chase around to keep me moving eh? :bb:

Cal, I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your teacher friend. It's always difficult to lose anyone so suddenly. :grouphug:

Jacks you can be our cheerleader--I'm grateful for your postive attitude and successes too, they're very inspiring. How's this? I actually got to go out alone with my husband on Friday night (something which happens very rarely)and we were planning to see the Passion. We drove out to Kapolei and the theater was closed! They said it was due to the rain and the accident involving the school bus on the freeway, the freeway was closed in both directions for a time. So, we didn't get to see it but we did go and eat Thai food and then Starbucks so all was not lost. Enjoy your days now while you're still young and childless! :lol:

Hello to everyone else :wave: Have a great day.

angieME
03-03-2004, 03:33 PM
We are having alot of snowmelt today. YEAH!!! :cheer: :cheer:

Cherie, I am so proud of your outlook. I am going to try my best to follow your example!

Kempy, I think it is so nice of you to plan a party for your friend. I didnt have anything like that. I dont think I would have enough friends to have a party anyway.

80 sounds so nice! I am jealous. :lol:

Noelle, We are expecting more rain at the end of the week but at least when we get rain we lose more snow so it is a good thing. :lol: Except for all the mud that is getting tracked into the house. On the bright side....More mud means more housecleaning and that means more exercise!!! :cheer: :cheer: Can you feel the sarcasm? :lol: :lol: :lol:

jbbm
03-03-2004, 04:14 PM
Hey Girls

Cal so sorry about your friend. Hugs

Noelle I think I can thank my two little ones for some of the weight loss. I feel like I never ever get to sit down. I hope the rain stays away from you.

Kempy why isn't the maid of honor talking with the bride? I never planned one. But mine, I would have been happy with dinner and drinks but it got it a little more wild than I wanted it to. Sounds like yours was great and you will never forget it.

Angie don't you just hate it when the snow melts and everything turns to mud! YUCK. I am always wiping up the floor. But I tell my hus no shoes in the house if they have stuff on them!

Cherie I hope you can find another job. God you have to be stressed. Take it easy and I am sure everything will fall in to place for you and your girls.

Hi Jacks, hope you are not working to hard today.

Sorry I couldn't make this longer. Bye for now Julie

jldg888
03-03-2004, 10:22 PM
Aloha Ladies!!!

Whoo hoo! It's Wednesday!!! Thank God - only two more days till the weekend!!! Yay!!! Glad to see that everyone has been keeping busy and keeping their heads up! Keep it going guys - I know we can do it!

Well - I've been slumped again at with a whole bunch of work. I need to get 1500 invitations to this event that we're having - which isn't even in my department. There no one else to do it, so I'm stamping, labeling, and sealing the invites all myself - geez!

Sorry - need to keep this short. I will definitely check in bright and early tomorrow morning!

:) Jacks

calnative
03-04-2004, 07:25 AM
I was so exhausted yesterday that I just came home had some rice for dinner, watched tv news, had a tickle fight with Ashley :D , then went to bed. It's been a long week.

Ashley's school went to the Surprise Stadium Tuesday to watch a Spring Training practice game with the Kansas City Royals. She's still talking about it. The stadium is only about 2 miles from where we live. I know the KC Royals have their Spring training there and I don't remember the other team that's out there.

Angie: We're getting rain on and off here right now. I love it. We get so little in the summer that we never complain about it. Our terribly hot weather will be here soon. The worst is July-September. The temps usually hover around 110-117. During that time we also get monsoons. Last year we got very little rain. When it does rain the humidity goes up, but temps don't go down. It's really miserable. We've hit 100 as early as March and as late as June. So far, our winter has been about 6 degrees below normal. Today is supposed to be about 65.

Cherie: Hang in there and keep that positive attitude. You should have a good chance of transferring internally within your company. Many companies want people who are already trained because it costs them so much more to train someone from the outside. We're all sending positive vibes to you. :goodvibes Thank you for the prayers.

Noelle and Julie: Also a thank you for your thoughts.

I'm so glad we're friends.

Cal

angieME
03-04-2004, 11:18 AM
Well, I didnt win the HGTV Dream House!!! SHOOT!!! :lol: It would have been so nice to sell it and build a nice house and bakery somewhere warm and still not have to worry about too many bills. Just think I could have started a retirement fund!!! I dont have that going yet with no hope of doing it either. Let alone sending 3 kids to college. :yikes: Life sure is expensive.

I did overindulge in the Peanut Butter last night but I am trying to keep it all healthier and smaller portions, Like I wanted to eat the whole jar but I didnt. :lol: We got in a 3 mile walk today. It felt a little better but Candi dragged me up the hill because the squirrels(sp) (that doesnt look right to me) were out.

Cal, I have been on the RVer forums and they all seem to be choosing Arizona as a place to spend there winters because they say it is alot less humid and buggy than Florida. They seem to be loving it there.

Jacks, Your stats look awesome!! Good job girl!!! They work you much harder there and your gonna need another vacation right off.

I hope you all have a great day.

angieME
03-05-2004, 10:25 AM
Hello????? Where did everybody go?

PhotogirlTX
03-05-2004, 11:48 AM
I'm here... This week has been such a long week for me. I just feel depressed and down, and really trying hard to refocus. I went to meet with a lawyer yesterday about trying to file once again for a divorce, and well, before I can even get a temporary order filed for me, I have to come up with a minimum of $500.00. His retainer is $1500.00... but said he would start to work on it at $500.00. Right now that might as well be 5000.00. Steven hasn't helped me since October finanically with the girls... and I am just sick of playing by his rules. He called Wednesday night and told me, AFTER we had agreed to file jointly and use the return for a lawyer, that he went ahead and filed through his work and claimed BOTH girls.... KNOWING... I was against that, and that I wanted to split them etc. He is such an ***...... Anyway... I am just a little down because of him, lack of money and the news my job is ending. Thank God it's the weekend, because I really can't handle much more of this.

I haven't exercised this week, but I have been trying to be fairly good with my eating. I haven't gone overboard, but I am not back to where I was last fall, or even anywhere close. I am trying... but I just have no motivation. :-( Give me time.. I will pop out of this. I'm having my own rainy depressed moment, and giving myself my own pity party. :-( I WILL snap out of this. Just not today.

Angie.. I wanted that house too.... I guess I could have entered to win more than ONCE.. hahaha.. it was a beautiful place.. I love to see the new dream homes every year and "dream" about them.

Cal, as bad as my week has been, I can't even imagine the kind of week you have been having. I hope you and your school are doing better. A tickle fight sounds like the perfect thing for me... I might have to try that later tonight with my two little munchkins!

Jacks.. did you get the invites out? Hope you have a great weekend!

Julie, Kempy and Noelle.. how are you doing?

OK.. back to work here.. I still have a payroll to get out! :-) Talk to you soon!

Cherie

angieME
03-05-2004, 01:23 PM
{{{{{Cherie}}}}} I wished I lived closer to you so we could hang out and chat. I am sorry your ex is being an ***. You helped me a great deal to get out of my funky mood so if there is anything I can do for you just ask, okay?

jbbm
03-05-2004, 02:49 PM
Hi Girls

I did not forget about you all. Just been super busy.

Cherie so sorry for all the hardships you are going through right now. Just keep your chin up and take it day by day, hour by hour. Hugs-Girl.

Hey Angie I wanted that house so bad too. It was just beautiful. And the area it was in looked great. Oh well lets try again next year. We got about another 2-3 inches last night mixed with freezing rain. Yuck. And the back yard all the water was just starting to soak in. I can't wait to see my tulips come up. I did not excercise today. Been gabbing on the phone with my mom. She said I have to start putting myself first and doing more for myself. I agree, but it is hard, between the house, the kids and most of all the husband I don't have time. But I need to make the time. I need a haircut so bad . I wish I had a sister who was a hairdresser. Its so hard to get into my stylist. I could call her up anytime! I just wish I had sister.

How are my two sunshine beauties Noelle and Jacks doing today?

Have a great day at school today and tomorrow Kemp! And enjoy Sunday your day off.

Cal hope your spirits are feeling better. Hugs.

Hi to everyone I may have forgot. Going to make some fish tonight since no meat on Fridays for us. Maybe salmon, haddock or those damn dried out fish sticks the kids love :lol: :). Everyone I hope you smile today and feel good about yourself. You all are wonderful people and great friends. Julie :)

melekalikimaka
03-05-2004, 04:17 PM
Hey gals, I'm busy as usual and I hate it. I'm looking into hiring somebody part-time to help me keep up with this filing and answering phones etc...all the doody work that just eats away my time from the "real" stuff (like playing around online and chatting w/my girls on 3FC :s: ). I'm drank a vanilla latte this morning and my hands are shaking like a leaf, a little heavy on the espresso I think. Well my eating has gone to sh*t once again, but the scale suprisingly is holding out at 177...3 lbs gained for 4 weeks of not trying ain't that bad. I gotta get my head together! This rain had better stop and soon! It's sunny right now but still cloudy in parts of the island. Hoping for a dry weekend.

Cherie, all I can say is hang in there--you are strong and capable and your girls are doing great because of you. Come here anytime and let it all hang out, we're here for you :grouphug:. Guys can be such scum can't they? Well, eventually what goes around will come around.

Julie, I just love baked salmon with a little non-fat yogurt and dill sauce on top :chef:
I bet the fish sticks win out if you ask the kiddos, probably be the same at my house too.

Angie, wouldn't that have been just perfect if you won that house? Hmmm, I guess we all have to go snooping online for another giveaway. If we enter often enough someone's bound to win something sometime. This positive!

Kempy hope you're having a good day at school.

Jacks, Cal and Holly and anyone I may have missed, have a wonderful day and safe weekend!

jldg888
03-05-2004, 10:23 PM
Aloha ladies!

Urggghhh...i've been soooo bad!!! I had sushi yesturday for lunch and dinner and since a bag of doritos was right there...i had those too! Now I feel all bloated and I don't even want to put a single piece of food in my mouth. Yuck! Then my tendonitis was acting up last night so I didn't do my exercise either. I'm hoping tonight I'll get to get in an extra set of exercise. In fact, I should go home and do them now. But I'll finish this post first :)

Noelle - Hope you find part time help soon! I would love some help here at my work too, but instead of hiring someone that's competent - they go out and hire some dud that doesn't even know how to email!!! I hope this weekend is dry - so it can dry up all that sewage!!! I swear - if it's not rain, accidents, or potholes - it's sewage! What's with this island???

Cherie - Hey there chicka! Do you need me to bust open a can of whoop *** on your Ex? Cuz I can! Damn - what a jerk! You are so strong - I don't think I would be able to handle that - I would just go over and knock the guy upside his head! Know that we're here for you - keep your head up!!!

Julie - Yum! I love salmon too except I prepare it a lot differently. I sprinkle furikake (Japanese rice seasoning) on both sides and then grill it in a pan. Then I make this Wasabi-Citrus Aioli to spread on top and eat it with rice. Hope your dinner is yummy!

Angie - Shucks! Too bad you didn't win that house! That would have been great. I was watching Opera the other day and this lady makes a living winning contest and sweepstakes! She's won a car, boat, even a $1M! Wonder what her secret is!

Cal - I agree - it's been a long week. Thank GOD it's Friday. You deserve any break you can get after this week. Hope you get the rest you need! Have a great weekend!

Kempy - Study hard! Have a great Sunday!

Well, I guess the 1,500 invitations I had to stuff, seal, label, and stamp over exerted my neck, probaly b/c I was sitting wrong. I have this real painful spasm so I think I'm going to head to the doc's before I head home. Hope everyone has a wonderful and restful weekend. Eat good, exercise, and relax! I'll check in tomorrow if I can :)

-Jacks

angieME
03-06-2004, 10:23 AM
Good Morning. I weighed in this morning at 172.5 That is 6 pounds of bloatation gone this week. :cheer: At least I am closer to the 160's now than 180's which is where I would be if I hadnt gotten partially on track this week. Now I hope I can keep it up.

Not much to say except it is so gross outside today. All freezing rain and slush. YUCK!!

I hope everyone has a great weekend and that you all get a chance to check in.

chikitababe
03-06-2004, 02:16 PM
Hi Ladies!! How is everyone doing? Angie, I am so happy for you that you were back on track last week :bravo:. Hang in there with the house selling problem. It really sucks sometimes, I know!! I have been eating so badly!! I have been walking at least 20 miles a week, but, food has been AWFUL!! Good news is that my hubby is going to start the South Beach Diet with me tomorrow. Maybe it will be easier if the junk is out of the house and we are both eating and going towards the same goal of weight loss.

Have a great day, and I'll check back when I can!! Life is crazy with a hubby who works 40 hrs, goes to school 2 nights a week, three kids of our own, and I am working 25 hours a week and babysitting 10 hours a week after work! Whew, lol.

Holly

angieME
03-08-2004, 09:53 AM
Good Morning!!! Where the heck is everyone?

Holly,That is great that your hubby is going to do it with you. I love it that Jay walks with me, it definately makes it easier and more enjoyable to do.

I dyed the girls hair bright pink last night. We started out putting stripes in it and then they wanted more until Alicia ended up with it all being pink. I hope no kids at school pick on her today becauise it doesnt wash out. She loves it though.

Kempyd
03-08-2004, 11:35 AM
Man, where did the past 4 days go? I just realized this morning that I have not been here since Wednesday. :o I have just bee so busy. I guess that is a good thing. I had my first crawfish of the season yesterday and man were they good. Of course the day after is nothing but blotation. We load the things up w/ salt and all sorts of seasoning so I am not feeling very good today. Plus, when you eat them you have to drink some beer to keep your mouth cool :D

See Angie I knew you could do it. I think you just needed that first loss to get you back into gear. I hate to tell you this but it is beautiful here right now. Maybe you guys could move over this way instead of SC. I would love that. There is a cool town right down from me that is really growing and I don't know if they have a bakery or not.

I don't have time to read all of the past posts right now, I am supposed to be working. hehe I will check back in a little later.

jbbm
03-08-2004, 11:36 AM
Good Morning

My weekend was okay, my little one was up on the hour last night. He caught my hus sore throat. Fun! I feel bad when they are sick though. I just hope the other one doesn't get it at the same time because it is hard to deal with two up in the middle of the night. My hus is really good though, he gets up and helps when they are sick. My eating was okay this weekend. I didn't do an official weigh in this weekend. It think I am on the beginning of bloatation. I hope everyone had a nice weekend. We got snow on Saturday.

Angie pink like Kelly Osbourne's? Wow!! I bet they are loving it.

Holly good luck on the sbd. That is nice that your husband is going to join you. It is always nice to have a dieting partner. Good luck with your busy schedule.

Kempy how was your weekend. Did you get to get outside yesterday?

Noelle how are you doing? Its Monday and I all ready wish it was Friday :lol:!Did all the rain let up out there?

Jacks how is our little wedding planner doing? Hope your weekend was restful and relaxing.

Hello to anyone I missed kinda out of it from being up all night long :dizzy:.
Julie

jldg888
03-08-2004, 02:05 PM
Aloha Ladies!

Errrr....Monday and it's still raining here. Oh well, at least it gives me an excuse to wear jeans to work. My boss is out all week - YAY! So it "should" be a cruise week for me. I still have another batch of invites to work on though.

This weekend was a total nightmare on my diet. Not only is it bloatation weekend, but my eating was horrible and I didn't do any exercise. I went to the doc's on Friday about my neck and he gave me some muscle relaxant and vicodin. I popped both of those babies in my mouth and didn't become conscious until noon the next day. Then I pigged out on huli huli chicken, jack-n-the box pannido and fry's, costco polish hotdog and popcorn! Yuck! Today is all about detox and getting back on track!

Angie - Whoohoo for your loss!!! WTG! That's all you needed to get back into the groove of things. I would love to color my hair pink too, but I'd have to bleach it first.

Julie - Hope your kids get better soon. Nothings worst than keiki with sore throats. I put the planning aside for now. I don't want to become a bridezilla. I'll pick it up again in a couple of months.

Kempy - YUM! I love crawfish! My mom makes this awesome crawfish bisque. Eating that is worth the bloatation to me!

Holly - It's always great to have a dieting partner. Wish Kel were a least a little bit health conscious. He thinks Coke is water. Good luck on the SBD!

Got to watch Passion last night. Loved every second of it! I don't know what the big hoohaa is about??? I thought it was an excellent movie.

Hi Noelle, Cherie, Cal and everyone else. Hope your weekends were good too!

:) Jacks

angieME
03-08-2004, 02:51 PM
Jacks, The color I bought was from Walmart. It was for black hair. It was called Loreal something or other. :lol: I actually got Fuschia but it came out bright pink since there hair is blonde.

Kempy, We watched a crawfish boil being done on the Food Channel this week and I thought of you. We can get shrimp for a buck a pound up here right now so Jay bought a ton of it this weekend.

Julie, I hope your kids feel better soon.

I gotta get back to work but I will check in in a while.

jbbm
03-09-2004, 01:19 PM
Hello Girls

I guess I am the first one here today. How is everyone's day going so far? My day is going pretty good. I want to eat everything in the house with TOM approaching in the future. Control, control that is what I keep telling myself. It is hard.

Noelle where ya been? Did you hear William Hung has a record deal? Wow I guess it pays to be yourself and do the best you can. Cool, huh?

Well not much else to say, I hope everyone checks in today though :).

Kempyd
03-09-2004, 01:56 PM
Ok I guess I am the next one to check in today. I have been getting orders together for work so that has taken up a good bit of my time. What kills me though is that I do all of this work and the boss tells me to wait on the order. He is trying to cut back on exspenses. WHAT!!! I havn't ordered anythign in well over 2 months so why is his AMEX so high. Do you think it could be from him using it so much????? (sorry I have been keeping that in to long)

I am fighting the blotation monster and it dosen't look like I am doing to good of a job. I am going to keep at it though and maybe I will see something in a few days.

That is funny about William Hung. I hope it just isn't people making fun of him though. I think he is a nice little guy.

angieME
03-09-2004, 02:42 PM
Hi everybody. I have been slowly slipping all week. Not bad so that I am gaining but I am not losing. I dont even feel like walking. It got cold again and my skin is so damn dry that it hurts. After I take a shower I could cry my skin burns so bad. I hate WINTER!!!!! I had to confess that. I am not doing all that great but I am still trying.

Kempy, What do you guys put in a crawfish boil for the seasonings. My dad used to trap them and bring a bunch down to our house and we just boiled them like lobster but the season sounds so good.

Julie, I know what ya mean. I could eat everything in sight at night. It is a good thing Wendys is so far or I would probably be eating a number 6 with southwest sauce and bacon every single night. :lol:

Noelle, Where are ya? Your work is definately cutting into your chat with us time. You tell Rick I said you need an assistant ASAP. :lol: :lol:

jldg888
03-09-2004, 04:02 PM
Aloha ladies! I am sooooo pooped and it's only 11:00! I swear we hire some incompentant people in this office. I'm asked the dumbest questions from "How do you conference call?" to "How long does it take for an email to go through?" Geez - does everyone think I'm the wizard of all answers? ARGGGGGH! To top it off, one of my co-workers decided to give me a hand and mail out these letters which I wanted to bulkmail with the rest of the invitations that I have to get out. So instead of spending $12.00 on postage, we're spending $37.00 from an already non-existent budget! OKAY...JUST BREATHE! To sum it up...it's been a long morning....

Sorry to be so crabby...just irritated, PMSing, bloated, and frustrated. Why can't women get a week off for their TOM? That would be an idea! ;)

Ditto on wanting to eat everything in sight! I ate Panda Express last night because I was craving so much! Angie - I don't eat much at Wendy's but that #6 sounds good!

Did Mr. Hung sign the contract? Last I heard he was still going over the fine details of the contract because "contracts are very important things" :)

-Jacks

jldg888
03-09-2004, 04:04 PM
Oh yah - Where are you Noelle??? Hope you didn't get lost in all the sewage or fell into a pothole!!! Just kidding!!! Call the temp agency now for the assistant!!! :)

Kempyd
03-10-2004, 10:19 AM
GOOD MORNING!!! I am in a weird mood this morning. I think people call it a good mood. :D I just woke up feeling great. I started my period so the bloat should be leaving soon and that makes me feel great. It is beautiful outside today too. I just wish I felt like this all of the time. I am going to do my best to not let the boss get me down today.

Angie we use salt first to purge the crawfish whiel they are still alive. I know it sounds kind of mean but I really don't want to be eating what they last ate if you know what I mean. Then when we get them inthe boiling water we add more salt, liquid crab boil and powdered crab boil. If you want I can try to look and see if they have a web site so that you can see what the containers look like. We also add into the boil suasage, onions, corn garlic and sometimes cauliflower. When you dump all of the crawfish on the table you can eat all of that other stuff too. They taste so good after being in that boil. I wish you guys would come down here so that we could cook some for you. I think you guys would really love it. Do you still have the RV?

Julie the reason the Maid of Honor isn't talking to the bride is pretty stupid if you ask me. (I know this is a late response but I am just now getting to it sorry) The brides fiance sold the MOH's boyfriends boss his old truck which had problems. Supposadly they told the guy it had somethings wrong with it. Well the MOH said that is is going to look bad on the BF if something went wrong and the bride said so what it isn't like you are going to marry this guy. Well, that really pissed off the MOH and now she wont call her until the bride appoligizes. Which she doesn't think she did anything wrong so she isn't going to call her. Well, I wonder if she will even be in the wedding now?

Ok, where is everyone?

angieME
03-10-2004, 11:16 AM
Kempy, That sounds so good. I have seen powder for seafood boils at the grocery store. I wonder if it is the same. Do you think it would tast just as good with shrimp?

I woke up in a great mood today too. I am glad since yesterday I couldnt get myself awake at all. I even did a walk this morning. :lol:

Yeah we still have the RV. We have a few people interested in it but I think they are waiting until closer to spring so they dont have to pay on it any longer than necessary.

I made an appointment to get the kittens fixed. I have to drop them off Saturday Morning and I can pick them up on Monday. I am going to miss them for the weekend.

I have both strays coming to me for food but I dont think they would let me pick them up so I could crate them and get them to the shelter.

Noelle, Where are you????? Check in so we know you are still alive. :lol:

Cherie, How are you doin hon? I hope everything is going okay for you.

Julie, What are ya having for supper tonight? You always make such yummy sounding things.

Jacks, Work sounds hectic to say the least. I hope today is a better one for you.

Has anyone heard from Dips?

Holly, How is your week going so far?

Kempyd
03-10-2004, 11:36 AM
Angie try this link www.zatarain.com You will need to look up shrimp and crab boil to see the container. I use the powder stuff in my shrimp when I boil them and it is really good.

You guys should try to come down here b4 you sell your RV. We have a crawfish boil every weekend when they are in season.

jbbm
03-10-2004, 11:56 AM
hi girls

i am typing with one finger because i am holding two sick kids. On top of that i feel like i am getting a sore throat. i wish i could load on up ny-quil and go to bed until tomorrow. it was all four us in our bed last night! Maybe i will try and talk hus to come home early today. Well sorry i can not talk that long. check in later and have a great day girls. Angie probally something easy. Maybe some chix noodle soup unless hus wants to cook!

melekalikimaka
03-10-2004, 02:33 PM
Hey Ladies...yes I'm alive. If I had a habit of pulling my hair out when frustrated I'd be totally bald! Hooo, this is what I look like right now --> :sumo:, oh wait, not that one :o: try this one ---> :coffee: . I've been so freakin' stressed out and that's just from answering the darn phone and dispatching these jobs, forget about invoicing and billing and paying the bills and doing payroll, etc.etc.etc.etc. Does this cr@p ever end? I swear I'd go and work at :mcd: for minimum wage so I wouldn't have to deal with this stuff and just get to smell french fries all day... *breathe in, breathe out* Okay, I'm done venting now. Now if I could just stop eating these darn oreos...

:lucky: Julie, take care of yourself and your little ones. Stay warm and have some chicken soup, that always helps.

Angie/Kempy, I actually have a small pond running behind my house and in my younger days when it was clear and clean, we used to have all sorts of fishes, crayfish (we say "cray" not "craw" here, but they're the same thing), tadpoles and pollywogs... my sisters and I would have a contest to see who could catch the most crayfish--then my mom and dad would cook them up. THey were the only ones who would eat them too, since we viewed them more as "pets" :lol:. I have no problem eating a lobster or a crab though :hun:.

:wave: Hey Jacks. I know how it feels to have the only brain in an office full of idiots...don't work too hard girl, it'll make you old before your time (trust me, I know!). It's hump day!

Well, I have some good news. My son tested and got accepted into the local catholic school near my house so he's all set for kindergarten in July :cry: :cb:. Gosh I can't believe how old he is already! I can just see myself crying on his first day :lol:. OK, well I need to get back to work now...down into the morass of paperwork I go!

chikitababe
03-10-2004, 03:33 PM
Hi Ladies! How is everyone? My husband and I started the South Beach Diet on Sunday, and are on day 4 of Phase 1. I weighed myself this morning, just to see if any changes, and it said 139.5! My husband lost 3.5 pounds in 4 days. We are trying our best to stick to Phase I until March 19th. We are going to the poconos for that weekend, and don't want to be on the strictness of the diet during that time.

Kempy,

I have never tried crawfish. I can remember having these HUGE crawfish as pets in the 5th grade in school, and catching crayfish in my friend's crick as a child, but, that's about it, lol.

Angie,

Just keep trying!! I know you will get your groove back. My husband has a really hard time with night time snacking too! It's the chips and popcorn, with the beer of course, that get's the best of him. But, so far, he has stuck with this diet. I am so proud of him. This is the first time he has dieted in 7 years!! He tells me how hard it is, and, boy, do I understand!! LOL, do you have any pics of your girls' pink hair? I bet they loved it. Our daughter is only 2 1/2, but, she LOVES her fingernails and toenails painted, and has little diamond earrings, even a little purse. I am having a hard time staying motivated to exercise myself lately. I am kinda tired of walking with the same 4 mile tape over and over and over again, but, walking outside is too painful on my joints.

Well, I need to go for now. Hi to Noelle, Cherie, Jacks, everyone else!! :)

melekalikimaka
03-11-2004, 02:21 PM
Happy Thursday ladies! I'm feeling good today, don't know why but I do...must be because I've been back exercising?!?? I had to force myself to walk on Monday and I was huffing and puffing up those darn hills. Tuesday was a little better but I still wasn't enjoying myself. Yesterday I got my lungs and legs back and i felt really energized so I think I got my groove back. Now to stay on plan with both food and exercise! The sun is shining and the mountains are really beautiful and green on my side of the island (usually they're a dull shade of brown), so I'm celebrating the small
things. Oh yeah, could be that I dyed my gray away last night :lol:.

Holly congrats on your loss :bravo: !!! It's great that DH is doing this with you, finally he can understand what the heck you go through and be a little more sympathetic--down with the cookies! I'm sure you'll both look and feel great by the time your weekend comes around.

Julie how are you and the kiddos feeling today? Hope you're all doing better. I'm thinking about you.

Angie your house sounds like mine with all the strays coming around. If they're nice and don't spray all around the house, I'll feed the cats that come around. But if they cause trouble and beat up my cats, I'll trap them and bring them to the pound. Does that make me a bad person? :^: :lol:

Kempy have a good day at school...only a few more months eh?

Cal how are things settling back down at school? Do you think you'll get any replacement teachers?

Well, I gotta get some work done so I'll end here. Have a great day to everyone else! :wave:

jbbm
03-11-2004, 03:32 PM
Happy Thursday Girls

I am still feeling sick but the kids are on the way to getting better, that what counts. Even though it is easier to take care of them when I am feeling good.

Noelle I wish I had your beautiful view right now. It is snowing, 20 degrees, and the wind is about 30 miles per hour. Yuck! I am glad you are feeling yourself again. It feels good to color your hair or get a cut. Which I need a cut so bad. Good job on being back on track with your walking. I bet you have some pretty good sized hills there.

Holly sounds like your diet is working well for you and your hubby. I still want to eat everything in sight. Tonight though it is frozen pizza. I will try and control myself.

Angie do the girls still like their hair? Maybe you should do yours? What would Jay think? He might like it! Hahaha....

Hope school is good for ya today Kempy. Check in this week and weekend if you have time.

Jacks you job sounds crazy. But you should be proud you have not lost it yet! Hang in there.

Hi everyone else. Julie

angieME
03-11-2004, 07:17 PM
Good evening. Noelle, YEAH :cheer: for you for exercising. I have been trying to get into it regularly here too but the weather isnt always cooperative. :lol: I am getting a live trap so I can catch them both and take them to the vets to get adopted. They are so cute and I would hate for the fox to eat them this summer.

My cats are at the vets right now. BOOHOO they are getting fixed and I can pick them up tomorrow night. I miss them already.

Julie, Yes the girls still like their hair. Actually it has been a boy magnet because they both have a couple of boys who have been calling them to go out with them. haha. Brittany loves it because people stare at them. Who's kid is this???? :lol: My pet peeve is when people stare at me. I am glad you are feeling a little better today. Hopefully tomorrow will be nicer.

calnative
03-11-2004, 10:52 PM
Sorry I've been away. What a week. :dizzy:
We have 2 more teachers out. One had by-pass surgery on Tuesday (a very good friend of mine) and the other was hospitalized with a serious lung infection. The heart patient is doing great. He has a long road ahead of him, but he is in good spirits. The other one, we found out today, has mold in her lungs. So now they are testing her room and another one. The teachers are almost up in arms because they think EVERY room should be tested. Mold has actually been found in 3 classrooms and the 8th grade hallway. In an impromptu staff meeting today, we voiced concerns about the number of teachers who have been sick with asthma and allergy symptons (at least 3 have been diagnosed with pneumonia). We think it also explains why so many students are always sick with respiratory problems. The oldest part of the school is only 7 years old and the newest part is only 2 years old. We have one more week before we go on break. What a year this has been. :dizzy:

We had a nice little thunderstorm pass through here about 2 hours ago. We got only a few drops of rain, enough to dirty the car. :lol: Mesa, on the east side got hit pretty hard. It's nice now though, the temp has really dropped. It's about 75 now.

I feel so proud of all of you who are OP. I'm still trying, but I'm so tired all the time. Maybe I can do more during the 3 weeks I'm off. Although I will be teaching for 2 of those weeks, it's only for 4 hours a day and 4 days a week. Shouldn't be too bad.

We signed Ashley up for Tennis Camp next week. I knew daddy would go crazy having her home all day (Spring break is next week for her) so I decided the $100 was worth it. She'll go from 9-4 every day. Lots of activities for her and she will learn some of the basics of tennis. I love these day camps. ;)

Only 1 more week; no more lesson plans; grades are done :cb: ; only testing and some fun time next week; and I'm done. :cloud9: What a great feeling.

Take care everyone. I'll try not to stay away so long.

Cal

melekalikimaka
03-12-2004, 08:57 PM
OK Girls, it's late Friday afternoon and I'm the only one here today???? Hope it's just that everyone's having a jump start on the weekend. I need to attend a former co-workers wife's funeral tomorrow evening, I'm not looking forward to it, but I am looking forward to seeing my old friends. The wife passed away after suffering a heart attack, she was so young, only 54. Other than that nothing special planned except for me to be a domestic Goddess (laundry, house cleaning, etc.). And! I'm still in a good mood today. :dizzy:.

Hi Cal, long time no hear. That's terrible about the mold problem. We had a local hotel here with the same problem, and it was the wing which was newly renovated. I would certainly hope they test the entire school--mold is so insidious. I bet Ashley will have great fun at her tennis camp. Only 1 more week til your vacation....:D

Angie did you get your kitties back yet?

Hope everyone has a great weekend --- Kempy, Julie, Jacks, Holly, Cherie and anyone else lurking :wave:

angieME
03-14-2004, 04:38 PM
Hi!! I got the kittens home. Little Gray is sore but Tigger....is Tigger. :lol: He attacked the vets wife when I got there because they tried to give him his rabies shots. :lol: He got her hand. I have never seen a cat put up such a fight.

I didnt eat the greatest this weekend. No exercies either because it was so windy out. But I didnt gain anything this week. I maintained. (that is a first for me. haha).

jbbm
03-14-2004, 10:44 PM
Hey girls

It Sunday night and I am about to go to bed. I am going to make a goal for myself to eat a healthy breakfast this week, so I am not starved at lunch. Anyone want to join? Maybe you guys don't have the problem like i do. But I thought I would ask. Do most of you have protein for breakfast or carbs like toast or cereal? Lets have a great OP week this week. Talk tomorrow! Julie

angieME
03-15-2004, 09:52 AM
Good Morning. Not much going on today. We got snow last night. I am so sick of this cold weather.

Julie, I eat Honey Bunches of Oats for breakfast. It is the only cereal I like. It isnt too sweet.

How was everyones weekend?

Kempyd
03-15-2004, 10:59 AM
Hey guys. It is Monday again and it sure does feel like it.

Cal that seems crazy to me that they aren't going to check the whole school. I wonder if the contractors who built the school can be held responsible for the mold. Teh 2 high school's around here where having a law suit with the builder b/c the schools where sinking. One of them had an upstairs and you could see the crack in the floors upstairs. I sure that can't be safe.

Angie did you look at that site yet? Are your babies doing better? Echo went into heat last week so we are thinking it will be time to get the male dog over in a few days.

Holly how much have you lost on the SBD?

I was in FL over the weekend. (that is my reason for mot being here Friday Noelle) We had to go to an engagement party. Which by the way was not tons of fun. That goodness there were a few of our friends there otherwise I would have not have had anyone to talk to. We ended up going out after the party so I am still pretty tired from my weekend.

Anything new happening with anybody?

jbbm
03-15-2004, 11:22 AM
Good Monday Morning

How was everyone's weekend? Mine was filled with cakes. It was my hus birthday yesterday, so Saturday night the kids wanted to make him their favorite dessert-brownies, Sunday, I made a white frosted white cake, and MIL Sunday afternoon had a layered turtle cake. Well I am proud of myself because I did not have piece of all three kinds. I just gave my hus some money, not much because I don't have much, not working and all but I did what I could. Then he can go pick out a new manly toy with it. Thank God TOM came yesterday, don't you all feel like a cement wall lifted off your shoulders when it comes? I know I do.

Noelle I did do my weigh in on Saturday and I was up lets just say a couple pounds to many. Hopefully it was just bloatation. But I am going to try and stay off the scale until next Saturday and really really try this week to be OP. I know how you feel about your baby growing so fast. I look at my son and feel like crying because I remember rocking him to sleep and now he is a big boy. So many emotions being a mom. Mostly good.

Angie I had raisin bran for breakfast, I figured I need the carbs in the morning and the low carb thing just does not provide enough fiber. But I am going to try and control my carbs throughout the day. Maybe if I eat most of my carbs in the morning I will burn them off throughout the day. I don't like real sweet cereal either. I am so sick of winter too! I think it is adding to me feeling depressed. I want to see GREEN!

Kempy I hope you rest up from your weekend. Take care of yourself and try and go to bed early tonight. Oh, I wanted to tell you the first guy that got kicked off Average Joe has his own show now, and it starts tonight. I think his name was Adam? I thought he was a total sweetheart. I am going to try and watch it tonight.

Hi to Jacks, Cal, Cherie, Tonya and everyone else. Chat later girls....Julie :)

jbbm
03-15-2004, 11:25 AM
Holly hope your weekend was good too. I know you are so busy. Are you staying OP on the sbd? I lost some on it. But I can only eat so many eggs :p! Hope you have time to check in also!

Kempyd
03-15-2004, 11:33 AM
Julie I was peeved at that firts AJ show too. I really thought she would pick him. I think I might try to catch that tonight.

I wanted to tell you that I read that when you get off of your period the next few days your waist will get smaller. It is mother natures way of making you more attractive to the opposite sex. You are ovulating right afterwards so if you are more attractive you would get prgo then. Weird huh? I measured my waist last Thursday and then I did it again this morning. I stopped yesterday and my waist was down over 2 1/2 inches. That is a big difference if you ask me. I guess I hold my bloat in my waist. Great! Not really the place I wanted it but I guess I have no choice.

jbbm
03-15-2004, 12:06 PM
Kempy 2 1/2 inches wow, i think that is alot too! And I believe it. After a few days of TOM I can fit into my pants more comfortably. You know I think my ankles even swell too. Real attractive! But before TOM starts sometimes I take Midol and that helps a little bit with water retention. I know I should stay away from salt but it is very hard. I always tell my hus that being a woman is so hard! I would love to have him feel a week before TOM arrives :lol:!

Kempyd
03-16-2004, 11:18 AM
Man what happened here? I leave work and no body shows up. I really don't have much to talk about though. I am kind of boring.

I am trying to make my life here at work a little better. I am tired of being in a bad mood all of the time so I am just going to make myself happy by doing what I need to do. It sounds kind of strange but I don't think I need to feel this way. I am a good person and I am going to act like one. No more belly achking for me.

What are all of you guys doing?

I am still at a stand still with the weight but like Angie is doing it isn't going up either.

I hope you guys check in later on today.

jbbm
03-16-2004, 11:27 AM
Good Morning Girls

Where has everyone been? I am worried. Everyone is just probally crazy with everyday life :dizzy:! Not to much going on with me today, the sun is out and that always lifts my spirit!

Angie, Noelle, Jacks how are ya doing?

Kempy did you watch AJ last night? I did and I thought he was so sweet and shy. I think he was really hurt the first time with Melana. Did you see the girl in the hot pink dress with the hot pink flip flops on? I think she was the most bubbly person I ever saw in my life. But I hope he finds someone who really cares for him this time. He deserves it. I couldn't believe it when that blonde said I hope he just doesn't see me as a pretty face! How snobby!!!! Don't ya think? Well enough about that. I too hope we get this board hopping again. I know it helps me stay on track. Lets GO Girls :)! Julie

Kempyd
03-16-2004, 11:37 AM
I forgot to watch it last night. I was trying to get the dogs out of the rain. They were a mess and I had to put them into the garage without getting the house soaking wet. I did catch the end of it when he got rid of the last girl and then I got to see the previews for next week. I always liked him though. I thought he go tthe shaft last time. I wonder if Melana got what she deserved too and they just didn't show it. I was jumping up and down when the last girl got left at the hotel b/c of what she told Gill.

angieME
03-16-2004, 01:54 PM
Hi. Not much happening here. It is so cold out and we are supposed to get a snowstorm tomorrow. With any luck it will miss us but I doubt it. :lol: I have not been very good. It is mud season here so all the truckers are not working too much so we have to make new pastries to try to boost sales. I made some Oatmeal Peanut butter and Chocolate chip cookies(It is one cookie) yesterday and they are so good!!! I havent made them for 5 years and I forgot how good they were. Plus no exercise at all lately. I am so Bad!!!

I havent watched AJ. Has anyone been watching Forever Eden? I love that show. High School Reunion should be good this season too. I love the reality shows.

Noelle, How are you doing? Busy huh?

Me and Jay are looking at 5th wheels now. If we can sell the RV we will make $5000 off from it so we plan to pay off the credit cards and rip them up. Then we can buy a fifth wheel so we can still go on vacation plus it is alot cheaper than a whole RV. Of course we would have to trade the car in on a pick up but he wanted to do that anyway. He wants a Dodge. I told him I would be like the guy on the Dodge commercial(You know the one where his friend keeps saying "SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!!!" :lol: I am so stupid.

Well, I have to get back to work now but I will get back on later.

angieME
03-16-2004, 07:29 PM
Kempy, We just saw a woman on the news tonight from up here who took her daughter out of school early and left to go back to Lousiana without her husband knowing about it so they have charges pending for her when they find her.

I dont think we are going to get much of the snowstorm. YEAH!!!! I can see the muddy brown in the field and I like it better than the snow. haha

I am in such a funk this year. I have no energy and I am not even excited to go walking. What's up with that? :shrug:

I am so bored.

jldg888
03-16-2004, 09:02 PM
Aloha ladies!

Sorry I haven't checked in in a while. It's been really hectic around here. After I get home, I just want to curl up in bed and sleep. My neck has been bugging me too so I haven't been exercising at all! Bad weekend for eating too. Too scared to jump on the scale and since is TOM, I didn't want to discourage myself even further.

Kempy - Thanks for the info about your waist shrinking after TOM. I always wondered about that. I just figured my whole body bloats up!

Angie - I know how you feel. I was motivated two weeks ago, now I just feel like eating french fries and chocolate in front of the TV... :ink:

Julie - Great job on staying away from those cakes! Wish I could do the same! They all sound so good!

Noelle - Howzit on the west side? I thought it would never stop raining Saturday. I had to drive all the way to Hawaii Kai for my dentist appt. too - don't even get me started on the drivers. Hire that asst. yet?

Cal - One thing after another huh? Glad to hear that your spirit are up! You handle things very well. Hope they get the rest of the school tested.

Holly - Great job on the loss! SBD seems to be working well for you. Hope you have fun in the Poconos.

Well, best be getting back to work now before I end up staying till midnight. Hope all is well with all of you. Hope to check in tomorrow :)

-Jacks

Kempyd
03-17-2004, 10:54 AM
Hey looky there. We have one of our HI connection here again. Jacks did you watch AI last night. I think that Camilla chick is such a little cute thing. I loved them showing where she lived. It made me want to hop on a plane and head over there. But, with all of that rain you said that you are having I thought twice about it. ;)

Angie I am down againg too. I am just not in the mood to do anything. I feel like no matter what I do I am still at the same weight. I am tyring to do the to tight pants trick but that isn't really making me motivated either. If you think of something to help let me in on it too. :D I hope you guys don't get rid of your RV. I still would love for you to head down here. How are your kitties doing? Did they say where that lady was from down here?

Julie are you feeling better today?

I am not very busy here today at all. We have slowed way down and I hate it when it is like this. I don't have much to do to keep me busy. So, I sit here all day thinking about what I could be doing at home instead.

angieME
03-17-2004, 11:15 AM
No, I havent heard from what town she is from but she is in big trouble when they catch her I guess.

Kitties are doing great. Little Gray has started to attck Tigger now so I guess she is feeling better. :lol:

Jay is the same way this year too. I cant get the spring feeling thing going at all. I dont know if it is because I have gained so much weight back over the winter or if it is because it is still in the 20's most of the time. I hate it though.

I am making a Turkey dinner tonight since it is so cold out. Hopefully soon it will warm up and I wont want to cook big dinners.

Where is everyone anyways? I hope everyone is doing good.

Kempyd
03-17-2004, 11:35 AM
Wow Angie it is almost 70 right now and it isn't even 12 yet.

We have the neighbors dog at our house right now trying to get Echo pregnant. Joe is home with them and he keeps calling me telling me what is going on. I really don't want a play by play if you know what I mean. :lol:

jbbm
03-17-2004, 11:43 AM
Hi Girls!

Happy St. Patty's Day. My mom said I am a tiny bit irish. I am not wearing any green though today. A green beer sounds good though :o! We have light snow falling right now. And more coming tomorrow. I think this spring we are going have that crazy cold snowy weather and then BAM nice warm days.

Kempy you are so right about the water retention thing. I feel like my whole body is smaller. I watched AI last night too. I love Jasmine from HI. So cute. And I also loved watching the beautiful scenes from where they live. I wish Simon would get rid of his young girlfriend and Paula and Simon would just finally for gods sake admit their love for each other!!!! I almost died last year when the finalle of AI and they had their kissing scene. I was like yes! Finally! Big joke.

Angie I feel in a slump too. Even I am losing here and there. Just ever since my hus and I had that huge fight in December. Things just are not the same for us. I just wish he would walk up to me and hug me or rub my shoulders or something. He is just so damn cold. Well so sorry to ramble about my personal problems with him. It has just taken so much out of me the last couple of months. I don't want to lay all this on all of you guys. I think that is why I am losing because I am stressed about our relationship. He actually told me if it was not for the kids he may not want to be with me. Okay I am starting to cry now so I better stop this.

Jacks hope your neck feels better hon, maybe you need a professional massage to release all that tension from work. I hope you feel better soon.

Miss you Noelle. I know you are crazy busy too, girl. Just check when you get a free second. Hope the weather is not to rainy by you and Jacks.

Check in later girls.....Hi to everyone else

angieME
03-17-2004, 02:27 PM
Kempy, How is Joe enjoying his puppy porn? :lol: :lol: I couldnt resist. haha

Julie, I am so sorry that you and your husband are having such a difficult time. I can imagine how hurt you must feel. I wished I could give you a big hug and a shoulder to cry on. You feel free to vent with us all you want. We will always be here to lend an ear when you are feeling down.

Oh yeah Kempy, I rubbed the Creole seasoning on the turkey breast under the skin and on top and am baking it now. Holy cow doesnt that smell good!!! Me and the kids have almost finished off the package you sent so I guess I will be buying more soon. I told my mom to buy some too for chicken.

Back to work!!

angieME
03-18-2004, 04:05 PM
Hello????????

jbbm
03-18-2004, 04:57 PM
Hello??????Too????

Hi Angie what a slow day huh? How are ya? We have got snow falling here right now, it looks like we got about an inch or two. Blah! Whats ya making for supper? I think I am giving in and making frozen pizza. How are you doing eating and excercising wise this week? I think you and I both are still in hibernation mode which in turn we want those big home cooked meals :). Your turkey dinner sounded great. I am sure it turned out great. Btw thanks for the listening ears. I don't think we are on the verge of divorce but having rough times. Marriage is alot of work isn't it? Especially throw a house in there, kids and your just about crazy :dizzy: :lol:! Oh well life goes on! I hope we get more action back on this thread I am getting worried along with you. I try to check in the am, mid afternoon and after supper. Well hi everyone. Julie

calnative
03-19-2004, 08:14 AM
Hello Ladies,

What a crazy week. :dizzy: I HATE SAT9 testing and why why why did the district plan testing during the last week of school???????
For you parents, you know how crazy your kids get during any break from school: multiply that by 30 and you have a classroom during the last week of school before break. :dizzy: :dizzy: :lol:

Finally, it's over. None of my kids have to do make-up tests. I had 100% attendance for the entire week. So stressful too. I have been in bed by 8pm every night this week. Tonight we're going to California right after I get home. We're going to just spend 2 days because Ashley has to go back to school on Monday. I'm looking forward to the R&R.

I have to get ready for work now, but I just wanted to check in. Have a great weekend everyone.

Cal

angieME
03-19-2004, 10:54 AM
Oh gosh Julie, My eating this week has been so bad. I swear I live to eat. I need to stop this, I know there is time to lose a good chunk of this weight before it is time fopr shorts but I need to figure out how to make myself stick to it. This cold is so annoying!!! How cruel is it to give us bright sunny days that are so cold that you freeze just walking to the end of the driveway?

My MIL is leaving today for Cancun for spring break with my EX sister in law,her mother and sister and my neice. How warped is that? They dont barely acknowledge us and our kids but heaven forbid she miss a vaca with the EX SIL!!! They do Christmas,Thanksgiving and Easter with her too. They dont even stop by our house at Christmas to see the kids. My Inlaws are the strangest people I have ever met.

Cal, Breathe girl, You get a vacation,Finally. I hope you enjoy it and get to catch up on your rest.

jbbm
03-21-2004, 11:48 AM
Where in the WORLD is everyone?

Angie I am sorry about your inlaws. I had a few, well lets just say rough times with MIL. Overall she is pretty good.

I hope eveyone is just to busy to post this weekend! Have a good everyone. Julie

angieME
03-21-2004, 06:17 PM
Hi Julie, I have been popping in and out all weekend hoping someone is here too. I figured out why my eating was so bad last week, PMS. I hadnt even thought of it until Jay had his monthly headache and I said "I bet I start tomorrrow" and sure enough.... :lol: So today it is back on track and I am going to try to get some of the extra 30 pounds that I gained this winter off again.

Noelle, Where are you lately? I hope you are doing good, I miss you!!!

Kempy, How is school going?

angieME
03-22-2004, 10:59 AM
Okay where is everyone???? This thread is dying I think. I miss you all.

I did the elliptical this morning for a half an hour and I am going to do it again after work. My fat shorts are too tight so I had better get a move on. I changed my avatar to the dolphins on my vacation since I no longer look like I did on my old avatar then I dont deserve to show it.

I havent had a soda yet this morning which is great for me because I would have drank 3 by now. :lol:

Kempyd
03-22-2004, 11:28 AM
It is official, I am in spring time busy mode. I don't think I have stopped to breath since last week. You would thin it would be good for me but I seem to eat a little more in times like this. I guess it is stress. Angie and Julie I swear I will try to get here more. I am getting close to mid terms and I am starting to kind of freak out about the work load that is pileing on.

Cal are the tests you were talking about the standarized tests?

Angie I am right there with you and the fat shorts being tight. I was really peeved the other day when I put them on. The bad thing is that shorts weather is here for us right now. It is a good thing but also a very bad thing.

My boss is gone this week so I will try to pop in a little later.

jbbm
03-22-2004, 11:56 AM
Good Morning Everyone

Angie I have a fear this thread is dying also. I look at the other threads and they seem to activity all weekend long. I just hope we all can stick together. Good job on not drinking any soda this morning. I found when I gave up regular soda I lost a couple of pounds. Or are you drinking diet? Water, Water, Water, Water Girl!!!! As for the shorts thing I want all new ones. Mine are ripping and just look worn out and blah. I figure a new haircut and a few new spring clothes might make me feel better.

Well the kiddies are calling. Like always. Check in later. Julie

angieME
03-22-2004, 01:21 PM
Julie, I only drink diet soda but I drink them nonstop at night to try to help me not eat(it doesnt work either. I think I eat more) I need new clothes too. My shorts are all from when I lost the weight the first time which was like 4 years ago. I caved and bought a bigger spring coat this weekend but heaven forbid I buy one that actually is my size, NOPE, I buy one that is still snug because I want to lose weight. I think I always buy things too small in the hopes that that will make me stick to my diet. :lol:

Kempy, How is the weather at your house right now? We are supposed to see 50 by the end of the week. That will feel like summer to us. haha

Gotta get some more work done. I will be back in a while.

jbbm
03-22-2004, 02:43 PM
Angie I only drink diet now too. I don't really like aspartame. But it is better than all those extra calories. It is 1:40 and I have not even eaten lunch yet. I think I will go make myself something. Tonight is a birthday party I am suppose to attend but they are going to have high fat foods, pizza, cake, and ice cream. I don't think I want to temp myself. We'll see.

Girls I have a question for ya, what is your secret to getting along with your husbands so well? It seems like all of you have wonderful relationships? Next month is my seven year anniversary and I don't know how I feel about it.
Thanks girls, have a great afternoon and I will check back later. Julie
Noelle come out from where ever you are. We all miss you!

angieME
03-22-2004, 02:56 PM
Julie, I think me and Jay get along so well because we share the same brain. :lol: We like to be with each other more than we do with friends(which is good because neither of us has any. haha) I dont know how to describe it but we just like to be together. My marriage is alot like my mom and dads. They always got along great and kidded around with each other in front of me and my sis and oddly enough me and Jay are just like that.

Good luck with the birthday party. I have a hard time not eating junk food if it is around.

SHESuzyQ
03-22-2004, 03:58 PM
Hi, I'm new, was just lookin through everyones posts.. I wish I knew where to begin.

You all sound alot like me! (as I sit here and nibble...gosh I need to STOP!!!)

I have this voice inside me telling me to stop eating and then everytime I do and I am losing, something always happens and thats when I think "time for Ben and Jerry" and its all downhill from there. I know life throws loops I just wish I knew how to jump through them without getting hurt.

I know there are life changes and stressors but why am I so afraid to deal with them? How come when changes come along the first thing I do is eat? I have hobbys.. I am a photographer, taking classes soon hopefully, and I have a wonderful husband but I Have this nagging feeling in the back of my mind and when I look at the scale every week I just want it to go away, the fat that is. I get annoied with myself and then I eat! its just so.. soo....arrrghh!

Sorry to vent frustrations on people I dont know but its just this hidden desperation inside to be healthy, to be able to run for a mile and not have to stop every five feet because I am out of breath. I want to be able to have healthy children and run and play with them.. maybe its to much for me to want all of this but sometimes I think I let myself fall behind to much.

thanks for listening...:)

angieME
03-22-2004, 05:05 PM
Hi SuzyQ. Welcome. There are usually a lot more girls who post here but we dont know where they all ran off too. They had better check in soon. :lol: :lol:

You sound just like me. I always say tomorrow I will start over and then tomorrow comes and I say what is one more day. That has led me to get to 265 pounds then get down to 130(for a few months) and then I went back up to 206 and back down to 138 and I am currently at 170 something or other. I am like a yoyo.

I am a married mom of 3. My husband and I have a wholesale bakery at our house and I have 6 cats and 2 dogs.

Hang around and I look forward to getting to know you better.

Kempyd
03-23-2004, 12:31 PM
Hey guys. Who would have thought that with the boss away I would be busier than ever. I have been trying to get the things done that the girls last night didn't it is kind of agravating but at least I am moving around more today.

Julie, Joe and I are just best friends. We tell each other everything . I wonder sometimes if we tell each other to much. Some of our conversations are just gross. ;) I love being married and it kills me to hear when poeple are not happy. Do you and your hubby talk alot? I wonder if you are not communicating enough.

Angie you havn't talked about moving lately. What is going on with that? We just ordered 8 1/2 yards of bed mix to start our flower beds this weekend. I bet you guys are still to cold to be doing that right now huh? I was outsied all day Sunday and I am paying for it now. It was pretty windy and it was blowing around all of the pollen so I have a soar throat now. I don't think I have allergies but I don't think swallowing that much pollen would be good for anyone. I wish you guys could be here right now. This is the best time of year to be down south.

Hi Suzy. I am the same as you in that I get annoyed and start to eat too. I am working on that right now though. I am trying to look into some things to do when I start to feel that way.

Well, it looks like it is just down to the few of us. I hope we can keep going. I hope nothing has happened to the other girls.

angieME
03-23-2004, 02:23 PM
We are just confused on what to do right now. We decided to look at the small towns we liked next year on vacation and try to decide from there. I dont want to sell my house and still not know where to go and I am not sure about just moving to a town that I havent seen before. So basically we chickened out for this year. Since it is spring again I will probably just keep the RV we have. WE wanted to get a travel trailer with bunks for the kids and a slide out for more space but we will spend more money to do that in the long run too so I guess we will stick with what we have for now.

Guys, I am so fat!!!! I am so embarrassed at how bad I look. Last October I walked around town and I was at 140-145 now I am at 173-178. I am so embarrassed to go walking. I am so sick of doing this yoyo over and over again yet all I do is eat sweets. I made homemade chocolate chip cookies and homemade peanut butter cookies for the accounts today and I ate them. Me and Jay ate a big bag of M&m's every night for the last 2 nights. I am so sick of being huge and yet I cant stop eating. I cant fit into any of my clothes anymore. I am wearing stretch jeans from Walmart and big T's. I hate to run into people because you can see them look at me like "holy cow she got fat fast." I am such a joke. I am so sick of whining about it. Why cant I get the drive back like I did every other time.

NOELLE, Where the **** are ya? You better not leave us too. You started with us you cant leave(You're like my sis)

Cherie, How are you holding up?

Julie, I agree with Kempy, communication and being best friends is the key. I hope you two can work it out.

Kempy, Did Echo get preggo?

jbbm
03-23-2004, 03:29 PM
Good Afternoon Girls

Angie there is no way you are a joke. You are just having a rough time like we all do sometimes. You will get through it. I know spring time is going to help you so much. I remember last August and you put up a picture of your yard and it looked so nice. You will soon be busy with that too, also burning calories while you are doing it. I know with your line of work you are tempted all the time. You are strong and can get back to the 140's. I try not to eat anything after supper. Just water. Do you think you could challenge yourself do that? Btw I did not go to the party last night. Hus and the kids went and they sent me a huge piece of cherry cake home. It smelled so good. But I put it with my husbands work stuff and said get it the **** out of this house! They ordered from pizza hut at the party and last night when I walked in the bedroom to go to sleep he was sleeping and the whole room stunk like garlic, I woke him up and said what are you trying to do keep vampires away with that breath of yours. Its as bad as alcohol breath! Hahahahaha!!!!!

Kempy I know we have to work on communicating. I am kind of having a hard time right now with my anxiety issues. Blah.....I wish they would just go away. I know it has stuff to do with our marriage. But anyway I don't want to bring you guys all down with that stuff.

Noelle and Jacks are you girls busy in paradise? We miss ya....check in when you have sometime.

Well hus took my little guy to the dentist, that is going to be a nightmare apptointment and then they are going to get their hair cut together. He won't be happy when he gets home but I think they are going to make a quick stop at the toy store if he is a good boy. My poor baby.
I sure to hope we can keep this thread going and welcome SuzyQ. These girls are like my sisters! Julie

angieME
03-23-2004, 03:50 PM
Oh Julie dont you just hate it when they smell like garlic!!! :lol: How can something that tastes so good make your breathe smell so bad? haha

Me and Jay are going to start walking regularly tomorrow. It is supposed to warm up to 50 for the rest of the week so hopefully it will stay like that until it hits a real warm up. I am hoping that when it does warm up that is the kick to keep me going so I can lose all the extra weight. If I make it to Kempy's house next winter for a day or two I dont want to weigh so much. I will definately want to hit Lousiana at my smallest so I can try some of that good food. :lol:

Your husband sounds like he is in for a fun day. I think it is so cute when Dad's take their sons out for haircuts together. Jay cant do it with Corey because he is bald. :lol: :lol:

jbbm
03-23-2004, 04:16 PM
Yay Angie 50's!!!!!! That is like summer for us. Good for you, I hope you get your walk in. Btw I love peanut M&M's, I am having a craving now. I think for supper I am going to make shredded beef and bean enchiladas with leftover roast beef from Sunday. I just love all that shredded melted cheese on top when it bakes in the oven. Oh God I am going to have try and control myself and only have one serving. But I am making homemade salsa so that should be pretty filling and healthy. What are you making tonight?
Hi everyone!

melekalikimaka
03-23-2004, 04:45 PM
Hey girls, it's me :^:. Sorry I've been so flaky this past week--I don't think I've ever been away from the thread this long while I'm still here (not away on vacation)...I've been lurking some and it's been really busy here so I didn't have much time, nor the heart to post. I've missed you guys a lot, just too darn lazy and wallowing in my own self-pity to sit down and chat--although that's the time I need you guys most. I've been really bad with the food, indulging myself with the sweets, mostly chocolate candy bars (Reesesticks are evil :devil: ) and the fat (fast) food. Angie, I know where you're at because I'm there too!!! I would've blamed this bad eating streak on PMS but it still isn't that TOM, I'm over a week late! I know this would seem like a good thing considering I'm all for another little one, but I took 2 tests and both are negative. I think I'm just stressing myself out with work, resulting in the bad eating, gaining the weight back, feeling like cr@p and the vicious cycle goes on and on... sorry to go on and on with all this negativity but I'm glad I have you guys to vent to.

Angie hope your warmer weather continues and you can get out walking again. We've got rain in the forecast for the rest of the week (again!).

Julie, you had to experience vampire breath last night, well I had to deal with the alcohol breath last night :mad:. You were asking about how we get along so well with our hubbys? Well in my experience, Rick and I have our shares of really great highs, and some way down lows. There are days when I have this unfathomable loathing toward him (usually when he starts drinking), but deep down I know he's a wonderful guy and I love him despite all our differences. I have to remember those "Christian" thoughts of, hate the sin but love the sinner (yadda yadda yadda). I'm with Kempy when it comes to open communication. If something's bothering me believe me when I say I hold nothing back, nothing--just call me dragon lady :lol:.

Kempy, don't work too hard--you don't want to make your boss look bad :lol:.

Welcome aboard SuzyQ :wave:. We're a friendly bunch and hope to get to know you better. I think we all share similar issues regarding family and weight, as some of the girls have said, we're like sisters here.

Well, it's almost time for lunch here and I feel better already by coming back here. I may do Subway instead of Jack-in-box (like I did yesterday :ink: ). Anyway, looking forward to American Idol again tonight...GO JASMINE AND CAMILLE :D.

Hello to Jacks, Cal, Holly, everyone :wave:. I'll be back.

angieME
03-23-2004, 07:09 PM
Hey Noelle, I missed ya. Dont ever leave us for that long again. I thought I was gonna have to jump on a plane and come visit you. :lol: :lol: I know exactly how you are feeling but we love you even if you arent eating the greatest. Come vent that is what we are here for. Do you want to try again together? We know we can do this but it sure is easier when we all get into a groove,huh? Let's declare tomorrow in the groove day!!!! I am so weird!!! :lol: :lol:

Julie, You always make such great suppers. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. :lol:

calnative
03-23-2004, 10:30 PM
I'm back girls.

California was wonderful!!! We spent Saturday at Disney's California Adventure. The weather was perfect, about 70. I took Ashley and my neice, Amanda (who's also 6). We met up with my sister and had a ball. I have a couple of pictures that I took when the 3 of them got drenched on the raft ride. I still laugh about it. I'll e-mail them to Angie, if that's ok, and have her post them for me. I still can't get it to work myself.

I'm back at school this week and next. I'm teaching intersession for these 2 weeks. I'm wondering why I'm doing this to myself, but the money will help pay for our next trip to Italy later this year.

Kempy: Good luck on your midterms. I know you'll do great. The tests I talked about earlier are the standardized tests. I can't figure out how they can use standardized tests to see growth in our kids when there is no standardized curriculum. :?: Anyway, I am feeling lots better.

Angie: Hang in there. You are doing way better than I am. I still get so frustrated with myself. I keep starting off with good intentions, but it seems that that is as far as I get. There are things that you can buy to put on your hands so you can stop biting your nails (something that really tastes awful); why can't there be something like that for food???? :?: :lol: Imagine being able to spray something on food (something safe) that would make it very unappealing. Good idea, don't you think?? :lol:

I think I'm getting tired. I know I'm getting crazy. :crazy:

Welcome back Noelle. Are you still getting rain there? We would love some rain and some cooler weather. The past few days have been in the upper 90's. Everyone here is wondering what happened to Spring?? We went from winter to summer. We've been using the air conditioner since last week. Today the clouds were teasing us by getting thick and gray, but no rain.

Take care everyone.

Cal

Kempyd
03-24-2004, 10:03 AM
Hey Noelle, Welcome back. You know that we would never judge you for the things that you have eaten. Did you watch AI last night. I think Amy at hte end was awesome. She is definatly a country chic.

Cal we got a little cooler for a few days but we are going to be in the 80's by the weekend so I understand what you are going through. I need to play with my scanner too. I have a few pictures of the dogs that I want to post but I need to just sit down and do it.

Julie how was the dinner. I had soup b/c I am not feeling very well. I think I have what Joe had last week. Last night I even had fever.

Angie is it a little warmer up there today? I have not been able to really enjoy our weather right now with me being sick. That really sucks too. I wish I could have rainy dyas for when I feel bad. That way I can save the beautiful days for when I am all better. Anything new happening in your neck of the woods?

angieME
03-24-2004, 11:11 AM
Good Morning!!! I am going to try to start over again this morning. I know this sounds lame but I marked my calender with the amount of weeks left before I can go on vacation again so I can have a visual of how much time I have left to lose my weight. I have 38 weeks so if I can lose just 1 pound per week I will be down to where I want to be before I go to Florida again. Maybe this will give me the incentive to lose it. :crossed:

Me and Jay just walked the dogs for 3 miles. It was nice on the way down but the way back we had the wind in our faces so it was a little chilly. I have actually exercised everyday this week but I ate more than I burned off I am sure.

Cal, I will try to post the pics tonight. I just tried to shrink them and for some reason they arent shrinking down for me. I am glad you guys had a fun time. 90's? Whoo!! Do you guys have a pool? I would definately need a pool if I lived there. I have one in Maine and we can only use it about 2 months out of the year. :lol:

Kempy, I hope you feel better soon. I havent caught one cold all this year....yet. I know I will get sick on the first hot week of the year. I always do. :lol: How is school going? They are offering that at the doctors office in town now. I think it is just catching on up here. Maybe you should come work up here and we can hang out. :lol: I know you would love the cold weather and the dry itchy skin. :lol: :lol:

Julie, I actually ate Wendy's for supper last night. I know I am bad. I actually cant wait to try the grilled chicken there. (they changed it) Maybe this weekend I will have a grilled chicken for lunch instead of the #6. Tonight it is fat free hot dogs. I love those things.

jbbm
03-24-2004, 11:38 AM
Good Morning Girls

How is everyone doing? I actually feel pretty good. My little guy does not have any cavities! I am so happy because he drinks alot of juice and they would of had to sedate him for the procedure. The only thing he did which was funny was they had these giant size teeth and tooth brush and he was playing with them and the dentist let the chair down to fast and he got scared and threw the teeth and the big toothbrush against the wall and said "I'm leaving, I don't like it here anymore." I thought it was so funny! And he also sat really good for his haircut, usually that is a nightmare. But his cape was black and that is his favorite color.

Kempy I hope you are feeling better. It seems like in the spring the cold and flu season starts all over again. Take care and get some rest.

Angie Wendy's sounds so good. I used a different sauce last night on the enchiladas and mama mia they were so hot and spicy. Wha! Great job on walking with Jay, that must be really nice you guys get to talk and just have alone time. I love it you guys are love bugs! I don't know what I am making tonight? Probally something easy.

Cal I am glad you had a good time in California. It sure is a beautiful state.

Noelle I watched AI last night and nobody really stood out to me. I thought Jasmine was pretty good though. My husband thought I was nuts because I jumped off the couch and screamed when they replayed Paula and Simon kissing from last year. I love that, I know I probally sound like a broken record but just come on and admit your love for each other all ready!!!! Don't you be hard on yourself for having a rough time eating, I know chocolate and peanut butter gets me everytime too. You will get back on track.

Hi to Jacks, Holly, Tonya and everyone else. Be back later.....Julie

melekalikimaka
03-24-2004, 03:37 PM
Good morning girls :) It's another busy morning here and I think the phone has sprouted roots and attached itself to my ear :blah:. I am in a better frame of mind today, TOM finally made an appearance today so that's a relief!!! I know, I know, more info than you wanted to know but you're my gurlz right? :lol: Ok, here are my favs for AI last night: Fantasia, LaToya and George--I think those will be the last 3 standing. Our 2 Hawaii girls Camille and Jasmine (sadly) were not on their best performances last night but I hope both of them can make it through tonight. Doesn't JPL remind you of Alfred E. Neumann??? :lol: Must be that space between his front teeth...

Angie, I will be back on track with you today. (Does a non-fat hazelnut latte qualify as breakfast?) It's 10: 19 a.m. here and that's all I've had so far besides water.

Julie, congrats to your boy on his great checkup and for sitting still in the barber chair, those are 2 big deals!

Cal, I would love to get out to Disneyland in the fall. Can't wait to see the pics. Yup, it's still raining here. The island is so beautiful and green though, I love it.

Kempy take care of that cold and enjoy the sun for me, we aren't getting that much.

Well, hello to everyone else...Jacks, Holly, Suzy...Have a great day all.

angieME
03-25-2004, 11:29 AM
Good Morning. It is pretty nice outside today. Not sunny but alot warmer than it has been. Me and Jay walked the dogs for 3 miles and hopefully I can get in another one tonight. Yesterday I was totally OP. I even saved out the calories for some micro popcorn with spray butter and parmesan cheese for while watching Survivor.

How is everyone doing?

jbbm
03-25-2004, 11:49 AM
Good Morning Everyone

Kemp have a great day at school! Don't work to hard. Check in if you can before Monday girl. I miss ya when you are gone.

Angie great job on the walk. I love microwave popcorn. I know your getting your groove back, and you feel the fresh new beginnings of Spring!

Noelle glad TOM made an appearance even though I know you are looking forward to another little one. But now you will feel some relief and some of your cravings should subside. Did you watch AI last night? I love it when the guy that got booted off went down and sang to Simon. I think his name is Matt? He is good looking and a sweetheart.

As for me my day is going okay. Yesterday I was sitting on the floor and my little one and I were playing and she came running at me full speed and I turned my head with my mouth open and she hit me right in the front tooth with her head. It feels like I got punched in the mouth. I cant put my tounge on it and I have to hold my upper lip up weird, I look like a weirdo. It hurts so bad, I called the dentist and they said there is probally bruising in the gum, and to call back if it does not feel better in a couple of days, just take pain meds. I know now what it feels like to be in a bar fight. Haha....hopefully that will never happen, probally not because I never go out. I am such a homebody hermit! Well have a great day everyone.

Hi to everyone, check back later....Julie

angieME
03-25-2004, 03:41 PM
Hey! I wanted to fit in another walk this afternoon but it looks like it is gonna downpour any minute now. Maybe I will clean the house and then jump on the elliptical for a bit.

Julie, I hope your mouth feels better soon. OUCH! We had a doberman while I was pregnant with the twins that had to go around our legs when we were sitting down and then she would sit between them and ALWAYS would smack her little rock head off our faces. I miss her. I had to rehome her before they were born. She was very hyper and had that hard head. She was such a good girl though.

I just ate a tomatoe for snack. I am so darn hungry right now. That is the worst part about trying to lose weight.

Noelle, How is your day going so far?

Kempy, Have fun at school. I hope you get to check in too. I miss talking to everyone every day.

angieME
03-25-2004, 03:43 PM
Oh yeah Julie, Dont feel bad I am a hermit too. We never go out for anything. :lol:

melekalikimaka
03-25-2004, 05:15 PM
Hey girls, not much time right now but my day's not going so good. I need to leave early today for a little program at my son's school...I think Rick may be canning someone this afternoon...I've got tons of invoices to print and I need to run to the bank...oh, just all the boring business stuff going on--it's stressing me out!!!!

Julie, ouch!!!!! I can feel your pain. Just watch for swelling in the gum and if your tooth feels loose go to the dentist right away. I would recommend ibuprofen as an anti-inflammatory. Take care of yourself. I did catch AI last night and I think Matt Rogers did a great job of being gracious--I thougt his rendition of that song wasn't all that bad. Now if Camille would only smile and look like shes's enjoying herself...

Angie, good job on your walk girl and staying OP. I ate good although I stayed at work too late to get out and walk. Maybe today will be better???? There's not enough time in the day I swear!

Well, gotta run for now...hello to everyone else :wave:

jldg888
03-25-2004, 06:08 PM
hi ladies - so sorry i've been out. just beenbusy at work and feeling like crap. i think i've totally lost my motivation, haven't worked out in two weeks and probaly gained about 5 pounds. why does this have to be so hard??? i thought for sure i found the right path and losing was getting easy. but i guess i was wrong b/c i fell of that wagon and now i'm spiraling down the tube. just so frustrated, sorry. looks like everyone is doing really well. hope to get out of this funk soon. everyone have a great day. no work tomorrow so i'll try to check in and perhaps exercise my butt off :( jacks

jbbm
03-26-2004, 11:41 AM
Hi Everyone

Jacks so sorry you are feeling so down. You are a motivated person though so I know for SURE you will get your grove back. Enjoy your day off.

Not to much going on with me today. We got tons of rain so I really can not take the kids out in the back yard today. I don't want my lawn all ripped up. Still in pain with my tooth but it is slightly feeling better everyday. I think I will do some light cleaning today and try and maybe for once sneek a nap in. I just feel so tired, maybe because it is so cloudy today. I am glad it is Friday, because my hus loves to spend time with the kids, so I can get some major spring cleaning done or just NAP! I have most of my winter decorations put away and and all my Easter ones out. I know girls another holiday with more chocolate and candy? How are we going to be able to survive it? I don't like those waxy chocolate bunnies anyway. Just the good stuff. Well I will check back later to see if anyone had time to pop in. Julie

angieME
03-26-2004, 03:48 PM
Jacks, I hope you are feeling better today. I know how you feel right now. It is so easy to slip off and so hard to get back on. It is amazing how fast the weight can come back though. I am in shock as to how much I managed to gain over the winter.We can do this.We are here for you.

Julie, Easter is hard for me too. I like the Cadbury eggs and I always make a bunny cake with coconut(fur). YUM!! I will have to try hard to resist this year though. My kids should be old enough that they dont need the candy. We are all cloudy today and it is supposed to rain tomorrow but Sunday is supposed to be awesome. Tuesday is calling for almost 55 degrees. :crossed: I hope so.

I am in weekend mode today. I ate some of the peanut butter dip(I was starving and in the bakery so that was what I grabbed) I will be good the rest of the day though. We did another 3 miles this morning. Rebel loves it, I think he peed on every pole and hydrant we passed. :lol:

Kempyd
03-29-2004, 02:56 PM
Well, well, I can see that I am not the only one that wasn't here over the weekend. I was busy in the yard and I mean BUSY. We got all of the beds set up with the plants that we already have. Joe did most of it since I was in school Saturday but I was able to help him yesterday.

What is going on with all of you guys? Have we lost everyone?

jbbm
03-29-2004, 03:48 PM
Hi Girls

Nice to see were posting again. My weekend was pretty good eating wise. Other than that it rained yesterday but today it is beautiful. Pretty uneventful weekend until my little guy threw up in our bed. So I was doing laundry until around midnight, scrubbing, toliets, and bathroom floor. Remember those fun days Angie?, when they are in bed with you and that happens?
I did not do a weigh in this weekend but my pants are feeling a little looser.

Kempy I am curious too? What is going on with all of us, how come we don't post here on the weekends? I know we are all super busy but we have to make the time :). Shame on us. I think we all do better when we post ;).

Well hi everyone. Have a great Monday. Julie

calnative
03-29-2004, 08:31 PM
Hello friends,

Not much going on here. Too hot. :hot:

I took Ashley to the doctor on Friday; she has allergies and has to take Zyrtec. Next Friday she has to have a fasting blood test to check her blood sugar. Fun, fun.

I'm teaching this week and then next week I'll be off. Thank goodness. I'm really looking forward to the time off.j

Hopefully, in the next couple of weeks we'll be able to do something with our backyard. Right now it is nothing but dirt. I want to put in a brick patio and some grass sod. We are looking to put in a small swing, sandbox, and above-ground pool. It will be so nice when it's done. Maybe by then I'll figure out how to post some pictures. Angie wasn't able to post the last pics I sent.

Take care everyone and if anyone has an over abundance of rain, please send some this way. :lol:

Cal

melekalikimaka
03-29-2004, 08:55 PM
Hey everyone, just another crazy busy Monday here. We had to let one of our employees go on Friday and we basically worked all weekend to get everything cleaned out and ready for the next victim (um, I mean "employee") :lol:. Unfortunately(?) we hired a new plumber and not a new office person *pout*, so today's been a day of transition and headaches... but such is life. My eating's been terrible with all the stress but I know that I am responsible for what goes in my mouth and it's no one's fault but my own if my waistline is expanding :ink:.

Cal, you can have this rainy weather we've been having, I'm getting pretty tired of my car being so dirty with the on-again, off-again rain showers. We had a sneak preview of how hot it will be here soon too--Saturday was a scorcher and it was so humid I stayed indoors in the A/C of my office as much as I could.

Julie, glad to see someone is keeping afloat with the healthy eating :^:. Hope your little one's feeling back to his normal self. Ewww, I do remember those nights--running the washing machine at 2 a.m. is not fun while hubby snoozes away, eh? Oh, wait, that's my hubby :lol:. Hang in there.

Kempy congrats on being the first one here this morning :p. We have got to keep this place alive! I don't know what I'd do without you guys, yet I know how it feels to get so lazy that you don't even want to post...

I've got a humungous headache right now, but I just wanted to say hello to everyone else...:wave: Angie, Holly, Jacks, everyone!

Kempyd
03-30-2004, 11:07 AM
I guess I am the first one here today too.

I am hoping that we can get everyone in here on a little more of a regular basis too. I miss having so many posts to read that I have to come back later to finish them all.

Cal we are in a little bit of a drought here too. I bet we will get pelted soo though. We usually do. It is either feast or famine here. I am sure that now that we have the new landscaping we will not see rain for awhile. I guess that means that I will be dragging the hose around for a few weeks. I hope you figure out your scanner soon, I would love to see pics of your new yard.

Noelle you really should have hired someone to help you. Isn't it time for you to be able to leave that position too. I thought you would be great as the rich boss's wife that gets to spend all day shopping and playing. Wait, that is what I want to do. ;)

Angie, Angie come out where ever you are. What is going on with you now a days? Have you been staying OP? Is Jay still walking with you? I miss you come out and play.

Julie is your little baby still sick? I don't have kids but I know it isn't fun when the puppers are sick. :nono:

:lol3: I just saw this guy and I love him. I don't really have anything that funny but he makes me smile.

I don't have to much to report today so I hope you guys come in so that I can chat a little.

jbbm
03-30-2004, 11:38 AM
Good Tuesday to Everyone

Hi Kempy, ya he is feeling better. I also know what it is like when the dogs get sick. They just do it anywhere too. I am glad you got your yard work in. I was so excited when I looked out my window and saw my tulips pushing through. My grass is still brown but I know soon that will change. Btw is this guy in the gym that is catching your love? Did you watch AJ last night. I felt so bad for the one girl, I can't remember her name but he let her go. She was a total sweetheart but didn't have the body or the looks like the other ones.

Angie where you been girl? Remember we luv ya if you are doing good or not. You don't even have to talk about weight or anything like that, just come and talk girl talk with us. Are your dogs getting all muddy when you let them out? I bet that it is alot of work for ya.

Cal we have been getting rain, I will pray some will come your way!

Noelle I hope the new guy works out for you. It is so hard to find dependable people out there these days. I hope your head is feeling better. It is probally a stress headache. Get Rick tonight to give you a good neck massage. Or even better if you got the time make an appt. for a whole body. I have not had a whole body massage in a long time. But I remember the rest of the day I felt so good like I was floating.

Well I will check in later to see if anyone got time to post. What are everyone's Easter plans? My mil is making something and my mom probally will too, unless she goes to my stepdads relatives. And every year they are at the same damn time. Because we always have to go around my sil work schedule. I just love eating two big meals in a day. Maybe I will just bake a ham here. Ya that sounds like a good idea.

Kempyd
03-30-2004, 11:47 AM
Julie I meant the emoticon :lol3: I think he is great. The only guy that has my love is my wonderful hubby. I didn't get a chance to watch AJ last night. I was trying to get my stuff together that I ordered for school. My chair and my light. I am so bad at putting things together. Thank goodness Joe was home to help me with it.

jbbm
03-30-2004, 11:54 AM
Kempy, I know Joe is your one and only love. You guys have a great relationship. But does it hurt to look a little bit :o? Just kidding :lol:!!!! I am really bad at ordering things too. I am glad Joe helped you out. It sounds like you are going to have all your equipment when you are graduated. You will be all set!

angieME
03-30-2004, 04:37 PM
Hello everyone. I have been trying to find the time to post but I havent been getting around to it. Sorry. Saturday I did pretty well dietwise. I had a Wendy's grilled chicken sandwich that totally SUCKED!!! It was boiled. YUCK!! So Sunday was cookie day in the bakery and what can I say...I am a fat pig. So now I have been on a downward spiral and it is getting warm and I am uncomfortable and sick and tired of my fat clothes. I have been walkiing every day but that isnt helping with all the cookies I have been hording.

Sunday was my worst day parenting ever. Brittany has been getting more bossy and pushy and it all came to a head on Sunday. Needless to say I have a few scratches on me and she is grounded probably forever. :lol: I have no idea what to do. If she is this bad now how is it going to be when she is 16? YIKES!!! :yikes:

I think we need to post more too. I know I say this after I havent been here for a while but I did check in all weekend and no one was here. I missed you all.

I invited my parents to go to Florida with us this winter. haha. I might as well as invited them to vacation with the devil. :lol: They are thinking about it but I know they wont go. My mom already said she wont go without my dad(even if my sis goes in his place). And I still live near my family why?

I am sorry if my post sounded *****y I didnt mean any of it that way. I just had a few things I needed to ramble on about.

I will check back later. Love ya all!!!

angieME
03-30-2004, 04:41 PM
oh yeah Today is Candi's 2nd birthday so I made her and rebel each a donut. I put peanut butter frosting on top with some jelly squirted on top of that with a border of strawberry frosting. I gave them each one and Rebel was trying to eat around the frosting to get to the donut while Candi was licking all the frosting off from hers. When she ate all of hers I let her lick the frosting off from Rebels and she bit the whole top off. :lol: It was really cute to watch.

jbbm
03-31-2004, 10:52 AM
Good Morning Girls

Angie those donuts sound great! You have lucky dogs to have such a nice Mom. Sorry you are having problems with Brittney, I am not looking foward to the pre-teen and teenage years. I hope she starts behaving for you more. Boiled chicken sandwich at Wendy's? That doesn't sound very good at all. I also checked in over the weekend but I guess I don't feel like posting unless someone else is here.

Well not to much going on with me yet. Just wanted to check in and see if anyone was here yet. I am going to go have a late breakfast. Have a great Wednesday everyone. Julie

jbbm
03-31-2004, 02:11 PM
Hi again I feel like I am talking to myself all the time :dizzy: :lol:!

Kempyd
03-31-2004, 03:17 PM
Hey, better late than never right? :^:

Yuck, boiled chicken. I don't think that would be to tasty. I have been trying to avoid those places. I can never stop myself from getting the worst thing on the menu. I am a sucker for fatty foods. :D

Not to much going on today although I can't seem to sit down in front of my computer long enough to get on the site. I guess I shouldn't be complaining, I am at least moving around today.

Julie you are not talking to yourself I promise. I can't believe it is time to start a new thread tomorrow. Where did the month go?

melekalikimaka
03-31-2004, 06:21 PM
Hi girls, I'm super busy as usual :dizzy: but wanted to stop in and pat myself on the back for actually going out and walking yesterday. I've been such a slacker!!! So I'm mighty happy that I got some exercise yesterday. I'm OP so far today (the first time in a LOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGG TIME) and depending on whether or not it rains, I'm planning for a nice long walk this evening. I've been running around doing errands all morning and have been on the road for the most part. I've still got to submit my payroll so I've a bunch of office work to do...

Angie, happy belated birthday to Candi. You are such a good doggie mom I'm sure they love you for it. I don't know what to say about Brit...remember my god-awful niece? She's calmed down a bit but still sometimes I'd like to smack her myself the way she uses her mouth! I tell ya, kids nowadays, they have no respect! You show her who's boss and don't let her push you around.

Hey Julie, I hope this place gets hopping again too. I need you guys to keep me on track. :grouphug:

Hello to everyone, I gotta run! Catch ya later.

melekalikimaka
03-31-2004, 07:28 PM
So it's 2:25 pm here in Hawai...just itching to find out who gets booted off American Idol tonight... anybody on the East coast want to give me the 411? :D

jbbm
03-31-2004, 09:31 PM
Sorry Noelle I missed it tonight. I have a feeling it was going to be Camille? Julie

angieME
04-01-2004, 10:46 AM
Mornin! It is cloudy outside today but pretty warm(about 40) :lol: We have been getting in 3 miles everyday but not eating good at all. But I figure maybe by at least getting in the walks I can at least slow down the massive weight gain until I get my *** in gear.

Noelle, :cheer: :cheer: YEAH FOR YOU getting in your walk. It feels good huh?

I think I need to find some new things to make for suppers. We always seem to have the same things week after week. You can only do so much with chicken(but I love chicken) Kempy, I have Jay addicted to it with the creole seasoning. That is one of my favorite ways to eat it.

I'll check back in later to chat with ya all.

jbbm
04-01-2004, 01:36 PM
Good Afternoon Girls

Another beautiful day outsided today high of 44 degrees and sunny. I just wish I was feeling like the weather today. Feel kinda not myself, and TOM is not even due until Easter. Figures. Oh well hopefully it passes.

Noelle could you believe it? Did you hear Amy got voted off? I thought it would be the red head or Camille. Do you vote? I don't, I just usually watch for the enjoyment. I hope you are not pulling your pretty hair out at work!

Angie I am sick of having the same thing all the time here for supper too. I think I need to get out the tons of cookbooks I have and look through them. Your sure are doing great on your walking. I have not been eating the greatest either. I just don't know what to eat anymore. Is to high in fat, carbs, salt, sugar? Its just all so confusing. Blah, blah, blah......

Well Hi to everyone, Jacks where ya been? Come back. Kempy have a great day at school! Check back later.

angieME
04-01-2004, 04:10 PM
Julie, I have tons of cookbooks too. I have been getting Tast of Home cookbooks for the past 6 years or so. (they come every month) so my cupboards are full of them. Maybe I will do the Light and Tasty books for everyone for Christmas gifts this year. Would you guys all like a subscription to those?

I cant believe how nice 40 degrees can feel :lol: It is so nice to be able to just hang outside.

jbbm
04-01-2004, 04:40 PM
Angie Wow, I get The Taste of Home Magazines every month too. Don't you just love them? I do, my Mom a year or so back bought me a hard cover Taste of Home Book which I believe it had some of the best recipes from the magazines. It is my favorite cookbook. My Step-Grandmother lives about two hours away and she get a magazine called Country Woman that has some recipes in it, and relaxing stories to read. Have you ever heard of it? I know you are a country gal :lol:. Can you believe we are so excited about 40 degrees and everyone else here probally has above 60? Funny huh...Check in later. Julie

jbbm
04-01-2004, 04:51 PM
Talking about cookbooks and making a good homemade meal, its PIZZA night :lol:!!!! (frozen pizza) Us country girls Angie. Even though I live in a city over 100,000 people, but dairland is considered all country :lol:. Btw I have Dr. Phil on he is so tan and looks like he lost weight. Hi all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

angieME
04-01-2004, 07:11 PM
Wow Julie 100,000 people? I wouldnt know what to do with that many people. We only have 1500 people in my whole town and our next town is like 15 miles away and it is the same size. :lol: We are definately in hicksville.

I love the Taste of Home mags. There are so many good recipes in them. The Light and Tasty ones have some really good ones too. That is where I got the recipe for terriyaki chicken. YUM! I should make that again. I have heard of the Country Woman magazines too but I havent ever read one before.

Survivor is on tonight. I love that show.

melekalikimaka
04-01-2004, 09:35 PM
Hey girls, I'm here late but better late than never. It's the 1st of April and we need a new thread eh? Well, maybe tomorrow? It's another hectic day here but I'm OP and happy about it. And now for a little story...Yesterday was only my 2nd day back walking and I was about a minute away from my house when this big f@t guy w/out a shirt on comes out and says, "Excuse me, I want to tell you something". My stupid sister kept walking along with the dog but I figure I'd stop since there were so many people around that nothing could happen to me. He tells me, "Let me tell you something, everytime you walk your dog past my house all the dogs in the neighborhood make a big racket, it's getting really crazy. I want to let you know that I have 2 pitbulls in the back of the house and last week one of them broke loose, I just wanted you to know that. And when they bite your dogs neck, they won't let go. I don't think you should walk your dog over here since you guys make all the dogs go crazy. And a few days ago my little puppy fell off the roof when your dog walked by" (My sis was the one walking the dog 3 days ago and she saw it happen. She had to yell for someone to come out to tell them the dog fell off the roof and that they'd better take it to the vet). I was so P.O.'d that he'd even suggest I not walk on that street, I told him "This is a public street and it's not my problem that YOU cannot restrain your dogs". He goes on and on about how his dogs and the neighbors dogs make such a big commotion when we walk by with our dog. Oh excuse me, but maybe all the dogs in the neighborhood wouldn't be so darned neurotic if their owners actually took them out for a walk once in a while! When I got home I told my sister what happened and she said "I didn't hear him calling so I just kept walking" :doh:. That irked me even more! FIrst of all, it was only the second day I started walking around there again. Secondly, it's my sister's dog, Thirdly, she didn't even stop and I had to listen to all the BS from that stupid man. Arggggghhh!!!! :mad::mad::mad: OK I'm done b*tching about it now, I just really had to get that off my chest about how stupid some people can be.

Julie/Angie, my MIL subscribed to Taste of Home and since she passed away, her mags are coming to my house--that is a great magazine with some great recipes (even though I don't do much cooking :^: ). We've got a beautiful sunny day today with a few clouds but I hear the rain is coming back again...it's still 70-80 degrees though...y'all should come and visit sometime, ya hear? :p

OK I wasn't so suprised that Amy Adams got voted off AI, but I was totally shocked when LaToya was in the bottom 3! I want her to go all the way. John Stevens looked like he was crying when her name got called, probably felt like it shoulda been him. Anyway, I'm an AI freak so I watch it all the time.

It's almost quitting time here and not a moment too soon--almost had to pull my hair out ;). See ya'll back here tomorrow.

calnative
04-01-2004, 10:09 PM
Good Evening everyone,

It finally cooled off tonight. Yesterday the high was 97 and it was pretty close to that today, but about 6pm the clouds started coming in pretty quick. Within an hour there was a sever thunderstorm warning out and it was raining. It happened so fast that by the time I got upstairs to close the windows, the carpet was already damp. Oh well. :^: Right now it is about 70 and I'm loving it.

Tomorrow Ashley has to go to the lab to have some blood drawn for a blood sugar test. I'm thinking she has low blood sugar and that might explain her mood swings.

Intersession is over and now I truly have some vacation time. I don't go back to school until April 12.

Angie: I've never heard of Taste of Home mags. What kind of mags are they exactly? I think it's great that you're able to go out and walk. I really try, but I'm so exhausted every day and now it's getting sooooooo hot.

Julie: 100,000 people, huh? I have you beat. The Phoenix metro area has about 2-3 million people. Way too many. :dizzy: The traffic just gets worse and worse. The winter visitors will be going home soon; they usually leave by the end of April. It's really not too bad having them here. Many of the ones who actually like kids volunteer in the schools as helpers and tutors. I think it's great.

Noelle: If you sent some of this rain to us I sure thank you. It's so great. I'm sorry you had to listen to that guy. Good for you for what you told him. I think most barking dogs like that are screaming for some attention and exercise. It's awful that some people think that having a dog just means tying it up in the back yard and feeding it once a day.

Hello to everyone else.

Cal