100 lb. Club - Non Scale Victories for March

View Full Version : Non Scale Victories for March

Monkeybabies
03-01-2004, 01:44 AM
Hmmmm....I am super excited because I fit into a pair 14/16 pair of pants!!! I started out in January being a size 26/28....so this is huge!!!! Although it is not a pair of jeans....and the pants have an elastic waist.....I will take the fact that I am fitting into them. :p

How is everyone else doing so far?????

chequitagirl
03-01-2004, 02:35 PM
gina that is awesome. great victory. my nsv actually happened fri. night, but i forgot to post it this weekend, so i will put it here for march. fri. night my dh was out of town and the girls were at the movies, so i decided to get some take out and sit at home and watch movies. i contemplated all the fast food places in town, and thought, you know i can eat anything and no one will know, except for me, that is. i was not about to give in to that temptation. to make a long story short, i went to captain d's and got grilled shrimp, rice, vegatables, baked potato, (smart balance lite on the tater), and cole slaw. i was really proud of myself. i am going to get a handle on this food addiction. i will not let food rule my life.

gonzostar
03-04-2004, 10:24 PM
i bought some nylons today, and i used the chart on the back.. not only did i actually fit into one of the shaded areas.. i fit into C, not D!

Step
03-04-2004, 10:45 PM
Alright HOLLY!!!! It's those "little" victories that make us realize just how far we've come.

glynne
03-05-2004, 07:56 AM
We had a really rugged stressful night at work the other night, ended up staying over by 2 hours to get everything finished up. On other such occasions, I turned to food to relieve my stress. This time, I didn't give in to food, talked to my mom instead. I still mess up sometimes, but I figure each time I don't is one little step closer to being where I want to be.

Gayle

Monkeybabies
03-05-2004, 10:56 AM
Way to go gayle....

I think if we are mindfully aware of what we are doing...and try to stop it...that is the most important thing. Seriously...we have come so far as far as turning to food in a stressful time...or binging. I am really proud of you...now can you help me!!! LOL...And I think just knowing that this is gonna take a LONG time to break the stress/eat factor...and that it is not gonna happen overnight...then that will make it easier.

I hate, when I have gone so long with out wanting to eat for any other reason except nutrition, and CRAVE, WANT to eat because of an emotional need. It happened to me last night...I was pissed at DH...so I went to the fridge...closed it, and made a cup of coacoa instead. It is a step...so I will take it!

Sheila53
03-05-2004, 05:13 PM
Another clothing NSV for me. I put on my daughter's "fat" pants, which are a sz. 12 pair of boot cut, ultra low rise jeans, and I was able to pull them up, button them (with some difficulty) and zip them up (not so difficult). Now, I'd never wear them in public, but I'm just excited that I was actually able to put on a pair of sz. 12 jeans! When I lose another 10 lbs., I may be able to wear them in public, although ultra low-rise might not be quite the style for an almost 51 year old grandma.

Jillegal
03-05-2004, 10:34 PM
Those pants sound pretty darn cool for a young grandma Sheila - I was going to suggest you wear them to Chicago, but I guess they'll be too big by then :D

Daners
03-06-2004, 12:59 AM
I had several of them today. And seeing as the scale wasn't a victory this week, it's a good thing!

During our deep water jogging class, we were all talking about trying to lose weight and stuff. So I told the girls I'd lost about 75 pounds. When I said I had about 90 more to go, they just would not believe that I weigh 225. Made me feel good, seeing as they see me in my swimsuits. Ack!

The second happened just after class when I took a bath towel (not a bath sheet, and we all know the difference I'd guess), a cheap $2.88 bath towel at that, and wrapped it around me, tucked in the corner and it overlaped all the way down...

And finally last night when I went to Victoria's Secret, they treated me like a customer not some alien invader spying to take the info back to the home planet. It was great!

chequitagirl
03-08-2004, 04:37 PM
i had a pretty good nsv today. i have lost another 4 inches. that is a total of 19 inches in all. yesterday i got into a dress that i haven't worn but once, because after i wore it that one time then i gained to much weight to wear it again, but i now fit into it and probably won't be wearing it much longer, because it will be to big. :cheer:

LesnarsTXF5Diva
03-08-2004, 11:24 PM
Hey peeps:-) We had our Phase 3 PhaseOut last Wednesday at school. There are only 4 phases. I got a 96 on the practical and a 93 on the written. I'm now officially in Phase 4 and I only have 12 weeks til graduation! *woohoo* Congrats on your stuff, too, Holly!

SuchAPrettyFace
03-09-2004, 12:41 AM
Congrats to everyone.

I walked down both the food aisles @ Kmart tonight, looking for Gatorade powder. (the trainer told me to drink watered down Gatorade when I walk, to avoid the swollen fingers, and it worked last time, but the powder is so much cheaper) So I walked past all the chips, popcorn, nuts, etc. All the salty things I loooooove. And even had my hand on a small bag of Cracker Jack (99 cents! No hydrogenated oil!), but put them back.

Instead, I got myself 2 paperbacks. Much better treat. And it's nice to know I can go into Kmart & be surrounded by treat & not even be phased.

I walked past the Easter Candy, too. The thought of it disgusts me. *feels own forehead* B/c usually I'd rationalize that I could have a Reese's Peanut Butter Egg, and some Cadbury Mini-Eggs, and ooh, how about those Starburst Jelly beans? Didn't even look to see what they had other than it was pastel colored bags. WEEEEE!

Now that Martha Stewart is going to jail, when is Kmart going to lower the price on her 270 thread count sheets? $30 for a flat sheet? Are we forgetting that we are K-freaking-mart? Gah!

LesnarsTXF5Diva
03-09-2004, 02:47 PM
Now that Martha Stewart is going to jail, when is Kmart going to lower the price on her 270 thread count sheets? $30 for a flat sheet? Are we forgetting that we are K-freaking-mart? Gah!

Don't you think Ms. Stewart is going to just adore those black and white striped sheets? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sheila53
03-12-2004, 07:30 PM
Okay, I wore an old tank top to weigh-in this morning, and I swear I saw a real muscle in my arm! :)

Jillegal
03-13-2004, 12:18 AM
When we had the big blackout last August (while I was at work), I had to walk down 56 flights of stairs and it took me just under half an hour, plus the next day my calves felt like they were on fire. Yesterday the building decided it was time for another emergency evacuation test and I made sure to look at my watch before I left. Got down the stairs in 17 minutes and today the calves are tingling a bit, but not terribly uncomfortable. This really made me feel good, because my weight hasn't changed much in that six months (down about 10lbs. after losing over 90lbs. the first year), so I was getting a wee bit discouraged. But now I can tell I'm in better shape than six months ago, so that's non-scale progress and I find it a great motivational tool to keep going. :)

terrific pig
03-14-2004, 01:00 PM
WOW, Jill! Wasn't that nice of your employer to put a little workout into your day? At least they didn't make you climb back UP the stairs, too!

Sheila53
03-16-2004, 09:00 PM
I got my hair cut today, and looked into the mirror as she was cutting my hair. Normally, I wear my glasses so I can't see (mostly because I don't like seeing my fat face), but I was wearing my contacts today and I SAW CHEEKBONES! I was so proud I even pointed them out to my stylist. :)

Last week I swear I saw a muscle in my arm, and this week I'm seeing cheekbones. It's really worth all the Girl Scout cookies I didn't eat!

Monkeybabies
03-16-2004, 10:04 PM
Cheekbones....that is great!

Sheila53
03-20-2004, 10:50 PM
It's been a good month for me so far. I'm loving these NSVs.

Today I wore a sz. 12 pair of jeans for the entire day. I will say they are Old Navy relaxed fit, but what the hey, they're size 12, and they fit, and they look dang good. :)

Monkeybabies
03-21-2004, 01:45 AM
Size 12.....wow, honestly, I can not remember the last time I wore a size 12! Good for you...that is a NSV indeed!

tolose85
03-22-2004, 12:24 PM
That is Awesome... Size 12! I can't wait for that day! I got into 16's yesterday....a little tight but yet comfortable "enough" to wear 16's all day!! . I was REALLY happy about that.. Down from a 20!!! Congrats to all NSV's this week..

chequitagirl
03-22-2004, 02:22 PM
it sounds like everyone is having some great nsv. CONGRATS CONGRATS!!! i had a great one yesterday. my 15 yr. old daughter, who by the way never notices anything, came up to me after church and put her arms around me and said "mom i used to couldn't do that, you are looking so skinny." that made me feel so good. keep up the great work, ladies.

Sheila53
03-22-2004, 04:56 PM
Hey, and the fact that a 15 year old would voluntarily hug her mom is a big NSV, especially if it was in a public place! :) Just teasing! What a great thing for her to say.

Floridachick
03-23-2004, 10:11 PM
I work for Starbucks and if any of you have walked into a Starbucks I'm sure that you have looked at our pastry case full of tempting treats. When we open in the morning we get them delivered fresh baked. My NSV is that this morning I opted for a bagel over a muffin or a scone (my favorite) and only used half the cream cheese I would normally use. Plus I limited the amount of coffee :hyper: I drank and replaced it with water, and stopped drinking the leftover frappuccino. I don't even like frappuccino :dizzy:
I'm proud of myself I just have to keep making the better choices which will be easier now because we are offering the light n fit smoothies, dannon low fat yogurt and fruit cups. All stuff I can eat in the morning :coffee: !!

barbygirl43
03-23-2004, 11:20 PM
That is great that you wore a size 12 (I CAN remember when I did, I was 17 and weighed 175 :))

I started journaling again. Not about what I eat (I've been doing that too) but just about life in general as well as my thoughts and feelings on food/exercise and it feels great to be writing again. I love to write and stopped doing it a couple of years ago.

gonzostar
03-24-2004, 12:03 AM
i bought a size 12 dress! amazing! i can still wear 16s and 14s in pants, but dresses can sometimes do this.

Monkeybabies
03-24-2004, 12:18 AM
STARBUCKS?????? My favorite treat in the world is Fat free/sugar free vanilla latte(and it is South Beach friendly too!) Although I need a second job to support my starbuck's habit!

Floridachick
03-24-2004, 02:18 PM
That's one of our most popular drinks. Not to mention the decaf sugar free vanilla latte made with cream for those who are on atkins. I call it the low carb latte.

Sandi
03-24-2004, 06:27 PM
I just wanted to chime in and say Congrats to all you guys!! What a great bunch of NSV!!!

Great job!!!! :cheer:

gonzostar
03-24-2004, 11:37 PM
i got a new bra! it's down a band size, and it's more comfortable and more supportive than a bra has EVER been for me. down from 38Cto a 36C, in case you were wondering.

i'd post a picture but... ;)

Br00klyn
03-25-2004, 12:04 AM
I went to the gym today for the first time in 8 months.. I'm not going to break this commitment to myself this time... Within 6 months, I'll be wearing a size 16..

jkfla
03-26-2004, 10:27 PM
i fit into both of my dad's computer chairs without the arms digging into my legs!~!!!! i can even sit cross legged. this is something i've been working on for a long time now. i was flabbergasted when i sat down and was like whoa!!! what happened to the chair?!?!?! then i went to excited when he told me it was the same chairs i had been using. YAY me!

and i quit smoking!!!

Daners
03-27-2004, 01:53 PM
Woo Hoo for all the NSV's happening! It's so fun to see what other folks are celebrating! Way to go everyone!

My March victories include regular visits to the gym, a happy shopping event, and a great comment from my dad...here we go...

I joined the YMCA at the end of February and since have been going to deep water jogging classes, walking and jogging on the treadmill 2-4 miles at a time, and I learned how to lift weights last week.

On Thursday we were shopping in Old Navy and I saw this really cute short skirt, but the biggest one I could find was a 16, so I said to myself, let's just see how far it is from fitting. Well, far nothing, it fit an so did the XL jean jacket and t-shirt that I had picked out to go with it. So I wore the outfit shopping yesterday and to the Mark Schultz and Avalon concert I went to last night. While I was in a restroom during yesterday's shopping expedition, I noticed that not only does the skirt fit, but my thighs don't visibly touch when I'm standing or walking...they still touch, just not below the hem of the skirt...which just passes the finger tip test (hands down to the side, skirt longer than fingertips) I love it!

Yesterday my friend and I stopped in to see my dad at his job since we were in town and I hadn't seen him since January. When he came up to the front he just looked at me and said, wow, it's been a while, you look so good. It's a little short, but looks good (refering to the skirt), one of his coworkers who had commented about my hair earlier (which is also short)...so when dad said it's a little short, she thought he meant my hair...it was a good laugh.

So anyway, I have gained and lost this month and have about 3 to go to get back into new loss territory (hopefully this week), but things must be shifting around and toning up because my clothes fit better and people are noticing again. Funny how God gives us good stuff like this when things aren't going exactly how we'd like!

Monkeybabies
03-27-2004, 05:10 PM
Way to go everyone...my goodness, I am really so proud of all of us!!

Dana....WOHOO on the size 16...at old navy no less. Doesn't it feel great...I also bought some oldnavy yoga pants in xxl...and they fit! This is a first for me too!

Br00klyn...great job about the gym....I recently joined one myself...and it feels so good doesn't!

SuchAPrettyFace
03-28-2004, 04:30 AM
I've been able to wear my size 20 jeans out & about. Wore them to the movies today & then to a dinner party tonight. My friend made me do a twirl & model them. She said they look great! (she's the friend who would tell me honestly, "they're too tight" or "you have camel toe", a good friend to keep around!)

They are a bit snug, but TOM is here, so they will fit great next weekend! :)

Congrats to everyone else, we can do this!!! :cheers:

dowsx4
03-29-2004, 10:09 AM
Way to go Aimee!! Before you know it those jeans will be too big!!

barbygirl43
03-29-2004, 12:31 PM
I'm am probably the world's laziest person while I'm sitting down. If Jeff is getting up or sometimes not, I'll have him get me a drink, bring me a book, etc. It's nice getting waited on hand and foot you know. Well I also know this behavior isn't going to help me get healthy either so I can say that for the most part if I need/want something I get up and get it myself now. There are times this past week when I'll slipup and still ask him for something but not that often.

tolose85
03-29-2004, 03:53 PM
Yesterday, I thought for the heck of it I will put on a shirt I have that is usually tight and binding. Just to see how those inches lost really feel.... I couldn't believe it.. Baggy! No fat rolls hanging out on the back or side (still working on the belly). My husband noticed... HUGE accomplishment. :) and I 've only lost 19 lbs so far.. I can't wait to reach my goal.. This feels so good!