Carb Counters - Pizza Sauce

View Full Version : Pizza Sauce

Trazzie
02-27-2004, 08:03 PM
I was wondering if anyone had a low carb recipe for pizza sauce. Unfortunatly I can't find a sugar free or low carb premade in the stores around here. Thanks!

Tummy Girl
02-28-2004, 11:48 AM
Trazzie, not sure where you are in the world but in Canada I've found a brand at IGA/Sobeys. It's the store brand and only has 3 net carbs and nothing other than tomatoes and water in the ingredient list. I've used it with great success so far. And it's not a low carb processed food either. A friend of mine just blends stewed tomatoes with garlic then drains out the water which actually tasted really good too. Good luck.

Tummy

hippychick77
02-28-2004, 12:59 PM
Trazzie

I am in GA and over the past few weeks I've been seeing a blue label, CarbSmart. I'm pretty sure its a major brand making low carb varities of things - icecream, mayo, bbq and teryaki sauces (sp?), salad dressing, etc. The only thing I have tried is the pasta sauce (used it on a tortilla pizza) and it is great! It is sweetened with Splenda already and you can add your own spices.

Good luck!

Trazzie
02-28-2004, 01:14 PM
Tummy - Our Copps store in town carries IGA products, I wonder if theres a link maybe I can find it there. I've also thought about "attempting" to make it myself.. but when it comes to spices I have no imagination.. If it doesnt come in a seasoning packet or a jar I'm kinda lost.. I guess it's time for some experimentation..Thanks!

Hippy - There are a few CarbOption's brand of things on the shelves here.. by a few I mean like 3 :lol: I wish my little community here would just dive into this WOE already. Maybe I can request it, I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the heads up that it does exist tho.

hippychick77
03-01-2004, 06:07 PM
I'm sorry, I just realized I meant to type CarbSolutions, not CarbSmart. I don't know if that's any further help to you, though.

I am CERTAINLY not much of a cook. I just added garlic powder (ha ha ha...that'll have to do instead of fresh garlic for me)and oregeno to mine.