Support Groups - Mooooving to a new pasture

View Full Version : Mooooving to a new pasture

Wabby
02-26-2004, 02:26 PM
That other one was getting over grazed.

Other than that I don't have a thing to say. I'm trying to actually do a good job at work, rather than my usual slacking, so I'll be back later to check up on yas.

Cowpernia
02-26-2004, 02:30 PM
Thanks for finding us some fresh grass, Wabby. I am home (my day off) and find that if I don't eat constantly, I have a headache.

I wish more people would post. It would make me feel loved.

SugP
02-26-2004, 03:02 PM
Peachy, maybe you have low blood sugar? Speaking of headaches, I went downtown today and came back with a badbadbadbadbad one, the kind that makes you think you're going to barf any minute. Had the luxury of being able to lie down for three hours this afternoon otherwise I would have been toast. I hate it when that happens. Feel a bit better now, but still sort of like someone run me over. You know what I mean.

In other news: absolutely zero is going on, except for the annual Three Pisces Birthdays in the Course of Two Weeks thingy starting Saturday. I'm making dh a pair of shorts and a cheesecake. That should be interesting.

Cowpernia
02-26-2004, 03:17 PM
Thank you Sugar. Maybe I should change what I eat?? High protein is the answer to low blood sugar, I think.

You're making shorts? With Sponge Bob Square Pants on them? They sell those in Walmart.

PainterWoman
02-26-2004, 05:21 PM
Oooooooooh, that's what I'm going to do... have a little lie down. I got mammo-smoosh this am, then went to pick up things for dinner, then bought bird seed and had my hair cut. Now i've finished a novel and am drowsy. Usually I don't have Thursday's off, but it was a nice friendly "empty" day. Tomorrow I only have 1 clinet... so I hope the weather holds so I can pull/trim more of the dead bits off the annuals.

Wabby
02-26-2004, 07:36 PM
Checking up - and I'm sorely disappointed in the quantity of posts. However the quality of posts is wonderful, as always.

It's time for my annual boobie squish, too, Painty. It will be an experience this year to be able to fit it all onto only one plate. :o

I'd have a headache too, Sugar if I had to do the marathon birthday thing you do. DS's birthday is next month. 21. Oh. Dear. He actually told me he just wants to go out to dinner w/ the family and have a couple of mixed drinks w/ dinner like a grown up. No wild party planned.

Berrypie
02-26-2004, 10:00 PM
Painty, I just got the same book! I found E Buchan when in Canada....all those fun Brit writers that don't make it to US.

Something wierd must be go ing on in the starts....family all being sweet and reasonable for last 2 days. DD2 got me "Get out of my Life but first drive me to the mall" or something like that. I think it was a hint that I've been doing everything wrong. Of course I have! I was raised by MY mother!!

Stitches pulling and hurting. I'm going to bed.

Sugar, aren't those migraines?

Sorry everyone is headachy today! Feel better! Maybe we should have a pajama party!

PainterWoman
02-26-2004, 10:36 PM
Berry dear... Maybe DD is just recognizing that she's been giving you impossible double messages AND IS GETTING A SENSE OF HUMOR ABOUT IT!! :dizzy: It's normal for teens to want us to leave, but they aren't quite independent, so they still "want" our help. I think it's a wonderfully loving and positive sign she can laugh at herself and be honest with you. You can't have been doing everything wrong or she'd be a psychopathic liar, dishonest, without any sense of humor! Assume the best, cutie.

I liked Revenge... finished it this afternoon...
Am side tracking myself to "If you don't have big breasts, put ribbons on your pigtails.." A business advice books based on somebody's mother's adages.

I also have S. Cisneros newer paperback. I think it might actually be literary AND intellectual... so I need a running start for that one!!

Hope everyone's headaches are gone gone gone by now. Sweet dreams.

DonnaD
02-27-2004, 12:59 AM
I can't believe how many boob squishes, no wonder we have headaches. I go on Monday. Wabby, know how you feel. The tech always looks at me and says,"Just a moment while I get the larger plate....... :stress:

Lohani
02-27-2004, 10:16 AM
Hi all,
who remembers Dee???/ She emailed me today. She says she got my email from the SG website. Wasn't she from Louisiana?

Hi Donna, do we know you?

Have a good squish everyone. L

SugP
02-27-2004, 10:55 AM
Where has she been? Is she looking for us? Does she still wear thongs?

Berrypie
02-27-2004, 01:04 PM
School closed because of 3 snowflakes again! NC better start getting used to winter weather. If this trend continues the kids won't go to school AT ALL in a few years!

Is Cookie back????? How cool!!!

I have massive paperwork/bills stuff today. Straightening the house wouldn't hurt either! THank God MIL sweeps everyday.

Since I'm stuck at desk for awhile, I'll be checking back in and expect you all to do the same as my reward.

Also waiting to see mystery of DonnaD solved!
frappe

Wabby
02-27-2004, 01:05 PM
Frappe, I'm glad your family is cooperating with your recovery. It makes it so much easier.

Does anyone have any fun plans for the weekend???? I don't and I need someone to live vicariously thru. I'm really trying to stick w/ the WW thing so I don't get margies on friday night. Durn. Losing weight is boring.

Anyone watch Dr. Phil? Now we have our tivo thingie I get to watch it every day. He's working w/ 2 really screwy families. I think they feature these ppl so the rest of us feel good about ourselves. :dizzy:

Oh, and hi Donna. Step right up and tell us about yourself. :) And we'll have to rename you. Donna is already taken by Frappe/Berrypie in real life.

Frappe, why aren't you laying around eating bon-bons? You should be milking this recovery thing for awhile longer yet, dearie.

Berrypie
02-27-2004, 03:05 PM
Am braving the snows of NC to go to bank. After Canada, it is hysterical what a deal these Southerners make over a little flurry. All you Northerners would ROL!

Also, DS wants to go to Gap to buy a pair of jeans that FIT RIGHT!!!! I will miss seeing his lovely JCrew boxers, but DH is beside himself with joy.

This means I have to get dressed. My poor tummy is still so swollen that real clothes are SO uncomfortable and 2 of my knife wounds are where bra rubs. Woe is me.

see ya soon

Lohani
02-27-2004, 04:36 PM
I have alerted Cookie to our new location. I live to serve. Painty, Cookie is from our old home at Cybermom.

DixieAmazon
02-27-2004, 06:36 PM
Here I am, in all my glory. Yes I still wear thongs even though a woman of my size shouldn't. :o
I am in the midst of packing up Mardi Gras beads. Gag... so fun to catch, more clutter around the house.

I am heavier than I was, my DH has had triple bypass at age 49 and my boys are now 10, 9 & 6. All little ADD angels just like their mom. Glad I found y'all.

Cookie

Lohani
02-27-2004, 07:07 PM
Welcome, Welcome Cookie
The only place I'm goingthis weekend is as a driver. bore
Frappe, take care of yourself. I can't help thinking that you aren't milking this as you should.
gotta go make dinner.bye

Kiwonk
02-27-2004, 08:01 PM
Also waiting to see mystery of DonnaD solved!
frappe
Oh, I thought that was you, signing up with a different name... uh, and a different last initial... uh, and a different hometown. Yeah. I have a headache too. Too much G-D sewing. I think I'm getting carpal tunnel or something from this project.

Peachers, you should change your day off. I hardly ever have time to post on Thursday -- here's what my day looked like: I got about 4 hours of sleep, drove DD to school, went home and ate breakfast, tried to catch an hour of sleep (didn't), went to fellow sewing person's house and cut vests out all morning, went to a luncheon for some volunteer group at the hospital (didn't volunteer for anything, thank goodness), went back to cut more vests out (finished all the cutting!), went home to collect my thoughts for 5 seconds, drove back into town to pick up DD, drove her home to collect her thoughts for 5 seconds, drove an hour to DD's lessons, read for most of an hour, sat in the passenger seat while DD drove home (not relaxing, as you know), got a little more awake when she almost hit 2 BIG deer running across the road, stopped for some to gas and something to eat (this little counter service place at the gas station--they offered us all their leftover fried food for $3.00, which we took -- how disgusting is that?), instead of going home, went to the high school for another meeting, got home and slouched in front of the TV for a while trying to get up the energy to do more costumes, did a few more costumes, went to bed too late as usual. Good god I'm tired. I slept half the day today.

And I'm sure that made you tired as well. No wonder we all have headaches.

Hey, Wabby, I have something pretty good coming up tomorrow -- going to DD's vocal and guitar recital. And every other minute of the weekend, I get to sew costumes.

I'm glad the family is being nice, Frappe, wouldn't it be really nice if they would keep it up forever? Jeans that fit right? Boys can wear those now? How refreshing!

Hi Cookie!! Great to hear from you again! It's a real bummer about your DH having to have a 3xbypass!! How scary! He's only a few months older than I am I guess. :eek: Hope he is recovering well and getting healthy.

Gotta run. Somebody's got to find something to eat for dinner tonight. Especially considering it's 7PM already.

Kiwi

Cherry Cow
02-27-2004, 11:29 PM
Cookie! Welcome back!

I have little to say-- caffeine withdrawal seems to give me joint pain, which makes it tough to sit at the computer.

Yay for jeans that fit and yay for NOT hitting 2 big deer!

Kiwonk
02-28-2004, 01:16 AM
http://www.cockeyed.com/inside/cheese/cheese.html

Lohani
02-28-2004, 02:00 AM
Yes, coffee is a blood thinner so it is sort of like going off aspirin...achey. Poor Cherry. You'll have more energy once you aren't exhausting your adrenals with coffee.
I'm cleaning my laundry room. It is truly horrible.
Is anyone else watching Carmen and Dave? I'm so ashamed.

DixieAmazon
02-28-2004, 12:21 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. My fun weekend was last week. I currently have 7 boys in my house (3 are mine)ranging in ages from 4 to 10, the noise level is astounding! I gotta quit feeding them 'cause they just keep coming back.

Cherry, I was on the Beach last fall, lost weight, got preggers and gained it all back, had a miscarriage lost it again, went on the birth control patch and gained it back again. Talk about yo-yoing! I am trying the work up the nerve to go back on it. I am now heavier than when I started last fall.

I wonder if I could convince DH to get snipped in the interest of my weight loss? Our insurance doesn't cover it, plus he is such a wimpy guy about it, it will take a lot of convincing!

Cookie

Berrypie
02-28-2004, 03:14 PM
Cookie, you could always try DYI! Worked for Lorena Bobbit and you wouldn't even need to be so drastic!

My kids watched C&D last night and I got the instant replay.

AFter closing schools yesterday 'cause of snow, it is now about 70 outside! Wierd weather here!

I have nothing to say. My weekend seems to be sleeping. I couldn't get out of bed until noon today. Irritated early waking DH to no end! I pled healing. May even go back to bed! See.....I am milking it!

Berrypie
02-28-2004, 03:34 PM
BTW, what does the CCRRMM and &*(_(*&^^&^&^*)$%$#@ that precedes some of the club names mean?????

DixieAmazon
02-28-2004, 03:45 PM
Courtly Challengers, Regal Reducers and Merrie Maintainers

I have no clue about the other one. :?:

Researchingly Yours,

Cookie

Berrypie
02-28-2004, 04:06 PM
Really???? But Cookie...what does that MEAN and why bother?

Still scratching head,
frappe

Berrypie
02-28-2004, 04:16 PM
Next question. Why is there an egg under my name and an exclamation point under everyone else's except Cherry who gets both?
Enquiring minds want to know.

Berrypie
02-28-2004, 04:21 PM
Can you tell I am avoiding doing housework?

Today is the birthday for the mysterious DonnaD?

Happy Birthday, whoever you are!

SugP
02-28-2004, 04:45 PM
The egg means you are online. The exclamation point is to report a bad post. You will never need to do this because none of us had ever posted badly. I dunno about the swear words.

Welcome back, Cookie! Boy, talk about excuses for staying away. So sorry about your dh and your loss. Hopefully things will go better for ya this year.

The larger of my two little babies turned 11 today. Still can't believe it. I feel so old.

Berrypie
02-28-2004, 04:51 PM
Thank's Sugar. Now that my mind is at ease, I can clean now.

SugP
02-28-2004, 04:51 PM
BUT if you're online, you won't have an exclamation point like everyone else because you'd never tattle on yourself, only on others. Or something. Life is so complicated.

Berrypie
02-28-2004, 05:01 PM
But you're online and you have both an egg and an explanation point. Did you tattle on someone? Or did someone tattle on you?

Cowpernia
02-28-2004, 05:37 PM
Kiwi, that was so gross. Thanks. I forwarded it to ds.

I had an adventure at WalMarks today. Some local people call it that .. even some who work there.

A couple of years or so ago, I bought DS a watch there. After a time, the band wore out and we bought a new band. They come in sizes and the clerk INSISTED he get a smaller size than he said he needed. There's a measuring chart on the band turny thing and he measured the watch. So the smaller band fell out and we went back to complain.

The clerk that time INSISTED he just needed longer pins in it and she put them in. Now, months later, one of the pins fell out and is lost. He tells me they've been falling out regularly but he puts it back in.

Back to Walmarks where I tell this story and the impatient clerk asks if we see a band we want. She puts it in and says she'll ring it up.

I begin my hissy fit and say I don't think we should have to pay for this band since we never got what we asked for and it's all Walmarks fault. I have to throw this to three people .. one after the other .. and am told there are no bands on the turny thing like ours so they don't know what it costs. DS finds one and I continue my fit and finallllllly she says she'll replace it this one time but never again.

Then she rings it up, gives me the receipt (so I have it replaced again without going through this) and $1.48. The money is because the band that looked like his is more expensive than the one he ended up with.

I was mostly embarrased by having to take money from her.

There are Civil War Reenactors here. They are way cool with funny uniforms and a cannon. I was just taking pictures of them when one of them said I should take their names. I didn't have paper or pencil so he found some paper and handed me a Civil War Era pencil. It was an icycle - nail thing made of lead. I have been poisoned but it was neat.

Hi Cookie. Hi Cows.

Cowpernia
02-28-2004, 05:39 PM
how come sugar's egg is in the shell and mine has a yolk?

SugP
02-28-2004, 07:42 PM
I had an adventure at WalMarks today. Some local people call it that .. even some who work there.

Sounds more like they should be calling it WalNuts after that adventure :dizzy: :dizzy: .

OK, one more time with the egg thing. I must have explained myself poorly. Happens all the time

If you're online, you'll see an egg with a yolk by your post. No exclamation point for yourself. If someone else is online, you see their egg yolk AND their exclamation point in case their post has gone bad and you need to report it. Offline people get an egg in the shell and an exclamation.

Alles klar?

PainterWoman
02-28-2004, 07:46 PM
My weekend is turning out OK... but SO different than anticipated. Special "date" with DH fell through because he had post-meal diabetic nap syndrome... i.e., he didn't watch what HE ate and insulin over compensated and he was GROGGY. I was CRABBY. (who sayw post-menopausal women are all peaches and cream?) anyway went to see Somethings Got to Give by myself and had a great time. Quiet supper at home, and it was MY turn to fall asleep early... (emotional let down from being mad at DH for standing me up... while lying down!!! :lol:) This am met a GF for brunch, then home to work in yard. prune roses, etc. etc. Will need to do bills and paperwork tomorrow. ack.

CookieAmazon, welcome from a relatively new cow. I'm impressed that there have been no fatal errors at your house.... 3 ADD sons... god bless you... and their dad, who i assume is the organizer of the troops? Yipes.

Lohani, thanks for the update.
Cowp: The yolks are the "on" eggs... the shell is "off line".... I seem never to be on when anybody else is... I'd be glad to meet in the chat room sometime or IM... I guess it's Kiwi or Wabby who's on the most when I'm IM'ing....

Well, meal time calls again... No snowflakes here... maybe rain tomorrow. Thank God football season is over! We can have a quiet evening doing anything besides watch footbal! hahahaha

DixieAmazon
02-28-2004, 08:18 PM
CookieAmazon, welcome from a relatively new cow. I'm impressed that there have been no fatal errors at your house.... 3 ADD sons... god bless you... and their dad, who i assume is the organizer of the troops? Yipes.

If only he was orgnized, he is ADD and in denial. We have made a few trips to the ER, but it could be worse. :p

Cookie

Berrypie
02-28-2004, 10:40 PM
Ok, now I understand about eggs. :D

But I still don't understand about exclamation points. :?:

What makes a post "gone bad?" And who decides what's bad? Is it rude? Is it runaway? Who reports it? The writer herself or the offended readers? Why do most of you have one? Were your posts bad? Are you upset? Do you care? Should I? :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

DixieAmazon
02-29-2004, 08:37 AM
The exclamation points are in an egg. Does this mean posts that are rotten eggs. You never really know an egg is rotten until you crack it open and smell it. :shrug: My compter is not equipped to detect smells, so I guess will never report a rotten post. :moo:

Bagzz
02-29-2004, 10:24 AM
HOWever I will still report my absence and remark on my comings and goings.FIRST!!! i will say to COOKIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy glad to see you again!!! we have often wondered where you went after Cybercows and WHAT has become of your partner in Thongs???? I forget her cybername........SO glad to have your cheery countenance back in the herd!!! especially since there are alot of DARK and Menacing Menopausal Moo Mongers about to drop their Estrogen Tanks/.okay,now back to ME.On Tuesday i decided that ds9 and I would hitch a ride to New Jersey with dh {he had work their---boring story} SOOOOOOOOOO I found out when the New Jersey Devils were playing {wednesday night} and off we flew down I95 South to the New York City suburb of New Jersey.Our Hotel looked across the water to the Empire State Building---cool-----------The driving in lushbags land is horrendous to people like myself------i did not drive ONCE!!!!!---i did pay taxi drivers twenty dollars to go for a two minute drive to the Continenal Airlines Arena to buy the TWO HUNDRED AND SEVENTY DOLLARS [AMERICAN] IT COST US TO SEE A HOCKEY GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AND THE SEATS WERE NOT EVEN REALLY THAT GREAT-------TOP OF THE SECOND SECTION OFF TO THE SIDE!!!!AT ANY RATE----------- ds had a grand time and we managed to cross the river when dh was done working on Friday to see the BIG apple------i really LOVE it there BUT-----i have decided that i will not go back unless i am staying at the Plaza and have a DRIVER----- getting cabs is near impossible----they are ALWAYS full----i thought it would be alot easier------ds and dh went to top of empire state building ----I DID THAT THIRTY YEARS AGO and felt no need to repeat it-----too claustrophobifying for me--------------we WALKED our arses off {ds was NOT impressed with that} but it was fun just to wander about-----impossible to shop with the BOYS around----will have to do that some other time-------------------ANYway---it was a whirlwind trip---we had a grand time,but the hotel charged fifty dollars an hour for computer use,so we didn't hook up the laptop----OTHER WISE I WOULD HAVE BEEN CHASTISING YOU FOR NOT MISSING ME!!!!!!!---- the only sad part was i didnt' get to see lush,but the damn place is so big and busy and it was on the weekdays and I WAS TOO AFRAID TO DRIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I guess i will have to wait for our cow conference-----date and time TBA for sure--------------that is my story for now---pics to follow----------------oh yeah-------hope you didn't miss me too much----i had a giant margie on Broadway!!!!

Kiwonk
02-29-2004, 01:58 PM
BAGS, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN???

HEEHEE Just kidding. Congrats on your Margie on Broadway! I'm going in April, want to come down and go shopping with us?
Kiwi

Kiwonk
02-29-2004, 01:59 PM
Next question. Why is there an egg under my name and an exclamation point under everyone else's except Cherry who gets both?
Enquiring minds want to know.
I think the little egg yolk when you are online, is rawwwwwther cute, don't you? Little hint for stuff like that -- don't bother to remember what all the little doodads mean; just move your mouse pointer over the thingie and a little label will pop up. Et Voila! Instant knowledge! (Or should that be Eh Viola!)

Sugar, no way is your little boy-chick 11!!!! That's gotta be a typo or something! Well, Happy Birthday to him -- aren't you glad he wasn't born on Feb 29th? I can just imagine the requirements for a Leap Year birthday party -- oh the pressure!

Did you know there are no 4 year olds celebrating their Leap Year birthday today? Isn't that interesting? Not a single 4 year old having a birthday. I'm surprised the earth doesn't wobble slightly on its axis because of it.

I'm still supposed to be sewing. I'm getting pretty sick of the mess I'm creating because of this project. I haven't done much of anything else around the house and it's getting quite out of hand. Yesterday was mostly taken up with DD's recital -- she was fabulous, in case you were wondering. She sang beautifully, and the acoustics in this church where they had the recital were very good, so her voice just soared. I was impressed :D Her guitar piece was very good too -- she played "Scarborough Faire" on the classical guitar, very pretty. She had a few goofs but played right through them. DH took some pics; maybe I'll post them later.

Hope everybody is having a lovely Sunday. DH is playing the guitar in the basement today (instead of in the living room), so that's a plus for me. :s: Not that he sounds bad; it's just maddeningly repetitive. Makes you cross your eyes a lot.

Sugar, I'm with Cookie -- what happens if the egg goes bad? Can you report a bad egg by clicking on the exclamation point, or should you just throw it out? Do dogs get sick by eating bad eggs? Inquiring minds want to know.

Oh, by the way, I caught some of the Carmen Slut wedding show last night and you should be ashamed of yourself. :lol:

Kiwi

PainterWoman
02-29-2004, 02:36 PM
Baggz... I N V U the NY trip and Devils Game.... Wooohoooo... but they do cost a fortune!!! Can you imagine having season tickets on the glass.... You could probably buy a college education for that! There's hockey on TV here in a couple hours, then Oscars... a real day to sit, knit and enjoy the recliner, the rain and birds at the feeder... But better get of my butt now so I'm not surprised/overtaken by Monday am.

Happy birthday to kiddo, Sug.... Those are fun years.

I love SBD... gotta get some lunch.

DonnaD
02-29-2004, 02:42 PM
Hi, I'm Donna. I know you mentioned renaming me as Berrypie already has the name Donna(also my real name) I go thru this quite often. One job I had there were 3 Donnas all with a last name beginning with D, hence my board name DonnaD. At work they call me DonnaDonna or Donnadee. Will either of those be ok? or is it still too confusing? I do live in a house full of guys. My husband and 3 sons 26,22 & 21. Maybe I should have gone by Fratmom. This is like a frat house at times.

Anyway, I'm currently am doing SB for the second and last time(because I don't think I should ever stop this WOE, I am diabetic, not insulin but oral meds) I'm 44(yesterday) need to lose about 100 :dizzy: lbs., but try to look at it 10lbs at a time. I restarted this WOE 2/02/04 and as of last week was down 9 lbs. I find this site an invaluable tool. The people are great. This is also my first pc, so I a newbie. ( I've been trying to follow that whole egg thing with the yolks and !'s and lets just say, I'm permanently scrambled :lol: )

So I hope you all don't mind my butting in. Oh yeah, let me know what you'd like to call me( be nice...... :lol: )

Thanks for the welcome!
DonnaD or Donnadee or ????????? help!!!!

Cowpernia
02-29-2004, 02:49 PM
Kiwi ... does this mean that the 29th of Feb birthday people went EUIGHT YEARS without a birthday? How sad, if true. I could verify it, myself, before, but you're just so smark.

Hi to everyone. I can't keep up with all this newness.

Kiwonk
02-29-2004, 07:28 PM
My husband and 3 sons 26,22 & 21. Maybe I should have gone by Fratmom. This is like a frat house at times.

Anyway, I'm currently am doing SB for the second and last time(because I don't think I should ever stop this WOE, I am diabetic, not insulin but oral meds) I'm 44(yesterday) need to lose about 100 :dizzy: lbs., but try to look at it 10lbs at a time. I restarted this WOE 2/02/04

Wow, all those grown guys at home! That must be interesting. Are they all sort of temporary or permanently there? Must get real interesting when they bring home girlfriends...

What on earth is WOE? I figured out SBD, although at first I was thinking Silent But... but WOE? It sounds grim.

Don't worry about your name, if it needs changing, I'm sure someone :drill: will tell you. :lol:

Cowper, I do think that's true, but I didn't look it up either. More fun to just state it as fact. Do I have to verify this? I have a headache. I'm still sewing. It's boring and tedious and making my head hurt. Somebody come take it all away.

You know what, I think it's my glasses. I'm using reading glasses most of the time while I'm on the sewing machine -- maybe that's why I have a headache. I need to go to the eye doctor anyway. Maybe he'll give me those new contacts that correct your vision while you sleep, have you heard of those? For people too frightened to get Lasix surgery :bb:

Ta. Family is out getting pizza and orange nail polish. We are eating nothing but fast food and leftover stuff until I finish these :censored: costumes. The nail polish is for DD to wear on stage to match her costume, believe it or not. I can't believe the director told them to do that. Can hardly wait to see the boy whose costume is green.

Kiwi

PainterWoman
02-29-2004, 10:46 PM
DonnaD-- this group seems to call everyone names... real, imagined, complimentary or SASSY. The GROUP is scrambled!! I am amazed that you are so young and survived all that testosterone, and like Kiwi, am wondering about WOE... Women on the Edge? Waffles or Eggplant? Do tell!!

Cherry Cow
02-29-2004, 11:26 PM
WOE= Way of eating

Hi! I'm still working on applications! I have stuff to say, but must save my typing energy for my statement of purpose.

Lohani
03-01-2004, 08:03 AM
Cherry you are so smart that you don't have to say anything.

Poor kiwi....do you buy your glasses at the dollar store??? I do. That's why I get headaches. I want to see pics of these costumes. I am ashamed of watching Carmen and Dave but you should be, too....in my defense: it was late at night and I was cleaning my laundry room.

Did anyone notice that painty is loosing weight???? Do you think it's contagious????

I demand Donna get a name. Do you wear thongs like Cookie????? Please share.

Must go...lots to do. My kids don't have school today...why?????? who knows. bye

DixieAmazon
03-01-2004, 10:57 AM
QUOTE=Bagzz:WHAT has become of your partner in Thongs????

Double D, we have so much in common. I have three boys, but not frat house age yet (10, 9 & 6 ). I will be 44 this year, I am insulin resistant and need to lose 75 100 pounds ( I am in denial about needing to lose in the double digits).

Bags, Coco is fine, still wears thongs (at Mardi Gras they were on her head :dancer: ) and is still single. She went back to school and is now a medical coder and has no life. She is the senior coder at a surgery center, codes at a hospital on weekends and baby-sits her 2 nieces on the weekends. In other words she neglects me terribly! I told her I found the gang, but she is so busy I will be surprised if she turns up. She is also on the South Beach Diet.

I must now go wake up the troops and send them off to school and work so I can get some rest!

Cookie :moo:

Wabby
03-01-2004, 01:23 PM
This is one busy place. Hi Cookie! good to have you back amongst the herd. Sorry to hear about DH's health problems and the pregnancy loss. Sounds like you've had a hard year. Welcome DonnaD. I have a 21 yr old (as of this month) DS and a 23 yr old DD, still living at home too. How's that working for you? I go back and forth between loving it and wanting to boot them out.

Bagzie, dear, you know I've been missing you. I'm so disappointed that you didn't pop in on Lushy and give us a report on how she's doing. I'm sure she would have put you on one of her lists.

I threw a hissy fit on saturday b/c DH hasn't been spending much time w/ me lately (other than working together, but that doesn't count) so we went for a drive and had lunch together. I sorta felt like a little kid he was entertaining so I'd leave him alone to get something productive done. He has a hard time just doing nothing and I have a hard time doing anything productive. Well, then on Sunday my lil sis called and wanted me to go for the day to a hot springs and spa. I had to go tell DH I was leaving him for the day. He gave me the "I was planning on spending the day with you", and I had to feel guilty for leaving him. That will teach me for being a brat. Anyway, I had a lovely mineral bath and herbal wrap, and a massage. Also lunch w/ my sis. When you all come to visit me we'll have to go there.

Cherry Cow
03-01-2004, 02:43 PM
Does this mean we'll find Crannie soon? (Still working on apps. Due today. Admit me, I'm a slacker.)

Kiwonk
03-01-2004, 09:07 PM
Poor kiwi....do you buy your glasses at the dollar store??? I do. That's why I get headaches. I want to see pics of these costumes. I am ashamed of watching Carmen and Dave but you should be, too....in my defense: it was late at night and I was cleaning my laundry room.

Would that it was as easy as picking up another pair from the store: I paid the optometrist for these lovely things. Calvin Klein frames, no less. Well, at least if I need new ones, I can still use the overpriced frames. I hadn't bought new glasses in so long (I'm also near-sighted and wear contacts but keep a pair of glasses for contact-less moments), I felt entitled to a nice pair. Should have tried the dime store ones first.

I hope to have pics of the costumes, but I'm so darn busy with making them, I haven't had time to think of taking pictures. Maybe tomorrow, dress rehearsal. They'd better be done by then! The person who I gave 9 pairs of pants last Thurs. came through with flying colors this morning, but then I had to get them fitted this afternoon and distribute them again for elastic-ing and hemming. Then I discovered that we were missing 4 vests. Turned out one person had given them to another person to sew and she hadn't done them yet. Swears she's going to them all tonight. :eek: I sure hope so. I don't want to spend tomorrow racing around trying to get them finished.

Watched part of the rehearsal today -- the show is very good. DD's whistling solo is absolutely darling. I can't believe she can do that. She also has a singing solo, but I couldn't hear it from where I sat.

Good luck on the apps, Cherry.

DH made dinner tonight, all on his own! And it wasn't half bad. I suppose I'll have to do the dishes now, in addition to all the sewing I have to do, but he's being very tolerant of the mess I'm making around here this week (and not cleaning up).

ta.

Kiwi

DonnaD
03-02-2004, 12:27 AM
Hi everybody! great group on this thread.

Kiwi, SB = sugar busters and yes WOE= way of eating. Still waiting to see what DonnaD = (see DoubleD below)

Painter, I only survived the boys because I was so young(by the time I was 23 I had all 3) but you came up with the best definition WOE = women on the edge :lol:

Cookie, boys are a lot of fun though. I wouldn't trade them in for anything (well maybe a replacement body and come to think of it a replacement mind, I blame them for losing both :lol:) and I loved that you called me DoubleD. I was going to use that for my email but when my dh saw doubled@hotmail.com he said it sounded like a porn star, hence donnadee.

Waggy, it's like you said, sometimes it's great having them around; other times I threaten to leave. Get a little condo where none of them would fit(they are all between 6'2'' -6'3'' and range in weight from 240 to 295) maybe a houseboat, if I keep moving and tell them when and where to meet me :lol:

Lohani, if I ever tried on a thong, I'd be afraid I'd never see it again. :yikes:

Anyway, I'm looking for some morning inspiration to move my butt. Having trouble getting out of bed. any suggestions? take care, (closet porn star?)DoubleD :lol:

Lohani
03-02-2004, 09:53 AM
I think we could use a porn star in this group. Peaches used to be a porn star, but now she's going the Maya Angelou route...becoming a serious writer who erases her wanton past with art. I find it unattractive.
DS12 is home sick today. Believe it or not, I don't have anything to do around here. My house is clean and organized. Now I'll have to watch tv all day. Shame.
Dd's play is Copacabana...it is terrible. Terrible! The music isn't great; there is no story. The head of the drama dept, who is in charge of the play just had a baby and doesn't want a difficult play to stage. How am I going to sit through all those performances?????
I'm tired...it's nap time. L

Bagzz
03-02-2004, 07:31 PM
WAGGY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i LOVE It!!!!_-- sorry wabby---you have a new name----dd's want me to go and see "Monster" with them tonight-----------------guess i will..............

Wabby
03-02-2004, 07:41 PM
My house is clean and organized. Now I'll have to watch tv all day. Shame.
L I've heard of women like you. Soon you'll be eating spinach pie again w/ your accountant.

It's Wabby, DoubleD, not Waggy. Oh. and I'm so dense I just now got what the double d had to do with porn stars. hee.

I wear the lovely Walgreen's drug store reading glasses. They don't give me a headache, but I'd never wear them in public. My eye doc says Nordstrom has stylish non prescription cheater glasses. I need me soma that stylish.

Kiwi, hope you don't get stuck finishing up the costumes. Send pictures.

Just finished reading Patron Saint of Liars which was very good until the end, then it kind of just ended. Kinda like the author couldn't figure out a good conclusion. I've read 3 of her books, of which I loved one and 2 had the same trailing off at the end problem. Now I'm on to Was It Beautiful?Which seems very promising so far. Of course I'll let you know. ;)

Kiwonk
03-02-2004, 07:59 PM
Lohani, if I ever tried on a thong, I'd be afraid I'd never see it again. :yikes:
Well, now, that's always been my concern with the things. My dd likes them -- of course she's a size 5, so she doesn't have to worry about losing one down the crack :rofl: I just can't quite get my mind around them as underwear. I think of underwear as a barrier of a sort (obviously I have no class or sophistication on these matters). I'd probably wear men's fruit of the looms if I really did what I felt like. Somehow a triangle on a string looks more like a cat toy to me.

Believe it or not, I don't have anything to do around here. My house is clean and organized.
Good Lord, what happened to you? Are you nesting?

Dd's play is Copacabana...it is terrible. Terrible! The music isn't great; there is no story. The head of the drama dept, who is in charge of the play just had a baby and doesn't want a difficult play to stage. How am I going to sit through all those performances?????
That's too bad. It does sound like sort of a boring idea for a play. I just spent the whole afternon listening to the show choir dress rehearsals. The middle school is doing songs from Oliver -- it's pretty good, one good solo and the group sings well together. A couple of duets are a bit painful. The staging is fairly spare: appropriate costumes, a couple of props and a few decorated boxes or something to arrange the performers on at various times.

The high school performance, on the other hand, is spectacular, partially thanks to me (insert sweeping bow here). The costumes are very colorful and seem to work very well. They have 5 painted backdrop panels that can be moved on and off stage quickly (they have a set time from when they enter the stage to when they leave -- about 20 minutes I think). The middle one has a sphinx with an Elvis face and the title (Joseph and the Amazing etc) and the others are deserty looking. They have a band tucked in the back corner of the stage -- piano, guitar, bass and drums, plus a pair of bongos(?) out front for one of the performers to play during the calypso number. All that stuff has to be moved on and off during their time alotted too.

The dreamcoat has been borrowed from another production. Someone described it as a Clown Bathrobe. There are 2 Josephs -- on one of them, it really does look like a bathrobe -- he sings well, but seems a bit, uh, laconic. On the other Joseph, the coat looks like something out of the bible -- really works for him. He's very soulful, but animated too. (Can you tell which one I like better?) Anyway, they are doing a great job; the singing and the dancing are right together; the soloists sound really good (although DD's singing one is still a bit hard to hear). The dancing is really good -- the head of the local dance studio did the choreography and has been working with them every week. So I'm totally excited -- the first competition is tomorrow and I'm all done sewing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance:

Aren't you glad I'm here to brag my brains out every day? What would you do without me? :rolleyes:

Kiwi

Kiwonk
03-02-2004, 08:06 PM
Hi Bagzie -- You should come to Houlton next month and watch the state vocal competition with me!!! By the way, I had a lot of trouble with those pics you sent. I finally went to my isp's online mail thingie and looked at it from there--I couldn't download it. You guys went to Chelsea Piers!!! That's where we stayed on the sailboat 2 years ago!

FYI DoubleD -- Wabby is short for Wabbit. As in Silly Wabbit--Trix are for kids....
:lol:

Kiwi

Lohani
03-02-2004, 08:56 PM
Well, after a day at home doing nothing, the place is a tip again. It doesn't take long.
I don't have anything to say. I cut dd's hair into layers today. It was fun.

Kiwonk
03-03-2004, 03:22 AM
I cleaned up my living room and kitchen today. Well, not too much, but I did vacuum up all the stray threads off the floor and do the dishes that had been sitting around for days. Go me.

Kiwi

SugP
03-03-2004, 06:40 AM
Tomorrow is dh's birthday and I have them all cut out, just not sewn yet. I have until 4 p.m. tomorrow. If I had known beforehand that they had SpongeBob shorts at WalMart I would have gotten those. Do they come in XXL??

I am now officially a library lady. Every Wednesday at 8.45 I'm there pretending I know what's going on. Have to do an hour of English reading with some of the more advanced fourth graders starting next Wednesday. What in the world was I thinking?

Welcome DonnaD! Nice to have you here. My kids are only 11 and almost 8 but I can see them being 6'3" and eating us out of house and home in a few years time.

Bagzz
03-03-2004, 10:21 AM
ohhhhhhhhhhhhh went to see MONSTER---Charlize Theron is wonderful as is Christina Ricci-----------Buttttttttt-----------what a disturbing,graphic,creepy,SAD and depressing film!!!!---- i wouldn't recommend it unless you need an upclose look at a really bad scene!!!!----I would never have gone if the dd's hadn't requested it of me----not my kind of flick!! I would like to see the Diane Keaton-Jack Nicholson one.-----Everyone is on the March Break around here---including university students---house is busy like the old days----sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh-----how do these kids grow up so fast-------------------------------------

DixieAmazon
03-03-2004, 11:48 AM
Monster is one of those great movies I have no desire to see, now I will probably be first in line for Scooby Doo 2. :lol:

Wabby
03-03-2004, 01:58 PM
In my present mental state I need comedies, not sad, depressing movies. That one is too much like watching the evening news. I want to go see the Diane Keaton movie too. Although her outfit for the Oscars was terrible. Someone needs to tell her that the Annie Hall look is over. She is a good looking mature woman with a great figure and she should wear clothes that show it off. Not skimpy, but elegant would be nice.

You go, Kiwi woman! Good job with the costumes. :cp: And Sugar, library volunteer, you rock too. Good job ladies. :cb:

Lush, I'm so happy to hear that your place isn't perfect. It depresses me to think that I'm the only one who can't keep the laundry caught up.

I have to go to my Uncle's funeral tomorrow. I don't want to, but for some reason I feel like I have to. If I don't, karma being what it is, no one will show up for mine. (hopefully not for 30 or 40 years anyway). Isn't that a morbid thought? I think I need some zoloft.

SugP
03-03-2004, 05:43 PM
Cheer up Wabby! If you saw MY laundry room you'd recoil in horror. Four baskets full of clean, hopelessly wrinkled clothes, zillions of mismatched socks (SOCK!) and dirty laundry a foot high covering the entire floor. I simply cannot do birthdays and laundry at the same time.

Cherry Cow
03-03-2004, 06:32 PM
SugP, I'm about ready to toss out the piles of unmatched socks in our bedroom. How on earth can we have over a hundred socks and NONE OF THEM MATCH! (Congrats on the limeberry lady job!)

Kiwi, great job on the costumes! I was consumed with this applying to school stuff, so I didn't get the chance to cheer you on while you were at it.

Bagz, looks like you had fun in Jersey!

Wabby, I'm sorry about your uncle.

Hi Lushy, Frappie, Peachie, Cookie, and DoubleD!

I'm back down to 178, but I'm paying for it. This low calorie diet stinks.

Cowpernia
03-04-2004, 09:35 AM
It is THURSDAY>>>> POST >>>> I will Check Back.

Wabby
03-04-2004, 12:59 PM
Hi Peaches, I'm posting, but I don't have a thing to say.

I have to go to my uncle's funeral today. DH can't get away from work, and I think he's only met this uncle one time anyway. Soooo I will have to go all by myself, since I'm still po'ed at my Dad and I don't want to go with him and the rest of my extended family. (my sis's) Not that they've asked me to go with them. It's lonely being irritated with family. This uncle requested that he not be buried with his wife of 50 years, but instead be buried with his parents. Is it just me, or does this seem strange?

SugP
03-04-2004, 01:01 PM
Hi Peachy! How's yer day off? Can't post, too much partying going on. Dh turned 42 today. Cake everywhere. Got the shorts finished with about 1/2 an hour to spare. They look dorky (do we blame me or the dh for that?)

Not only is my laundry room uncharted territory, my kitchen is health department material. When will it end?

Someone give me a good reason to exercise.

SugP
03-04-2004, 01:06 PM
This uncle requested that he not be buried with his wife of 50 years, but instead be buried with his parents. Is it just me, or does this seem strange?

Very strange. Can't see how it would make a difference but I suppose some people are persnickity about these things and he must have had his reasons. You're so brave for going, Wabs. Hope it's not too awful.

Wabby
03-04-2004, 01:45 PM
Oh Sugar P, thank you. For some reason I feel like I'm about 6 years old and my Daddy loves everybody but me. Dumb, dumb, dumb. It's extra bad because last weekend when I went w/ my lil sis to the spa, I had to pick her up at my parents house, where she has lived for the last 1 1/2 yrs, ($700,000 house in ritzy area, my parents live most of the year in Arizona) and then while I was with her, my Dad called her cell phone and they chatted away. Her son is my Dad's favorite grandchild and my kids have always been chopped liver. I try not to let it affect my relationship w/ my sis, but to be honest, it does. I can't help it, I'm human. My Dad hasn't talked to me in almost a year now. No wonder I'm an emotional eater. Emotional eater, ha! I'm an emotional wreck today! :stress:

Lohani
03-04-2004, 04:21 PM
families...ugh.

Wabby, think of us as your family...nutty, yes. But we love you. My family is exactly as they have always been. I only hear from anyone when they want money.

I should go figure out what to make for dinner. I have nothing to say. I've taken a 2 month job. Oh, I know I'll hate this job by the end of 2 months, just like the others...but I'm so BORED when I don't work. I sure don't like doing house stuff all day and it is so lonely being here because I don't know another soul who is home during the day. The only thing I'll miss is The Daily Show at 10 AM.....but everyone has hardships.

Sugar, I want cake. I want Spongebob shorts. My b-day is june...will you come to NJ to throw me a party?????

I'm considering exercising. I'll be back to report.

Lohani
03-04-2004, 04:22 PM
Peaches, I didn't mention you but you know the only reason anyone posts on Thursday is YOU.

Bagzz
03-04-2004, 04:59 PM
sock

Bagzz
03-04-2004, 05:03 PM
I FORGET WHAT SOCK MEANS BUT I LIKE THE LOOK OF IT----SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT IT MEANS-------i have this AGE spot OR LIVERSPOT or LARGE freckle about three inches below my collarbone------WHAT the **** does this mean??---the dr told me to WATCH it----i don't want to watch it----can't i just have it hacked off???---it is not raised like a mole,but looks like a large freckle---i have been looking up liver spots {lentigo} on the internet and I think it is okay so far,but they tell you to watch that is isn't a Lentigo MELANOMA!!!!---OH GREAT JUST WHAT I EFFIN NEEDED TO HEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OR READ THAT IS-------------------- WHO VOTES THAT I GET IT HACKED AT??? IT WOULD LEAVE A SCAR OF COURSE,BUT WHAT THE **** DO I CARE??

Cowpernia
03-04-2004, 10:22 PM
I vote that it goes AWAY BY ITSELF[COLOR=SandyBrown]

I have never seen Sex and the City as I do not get HBO but when it ended, someone copied the final show and the one-hour thingie showing the history of the show and I want someone to explain it to me. It was porn, right? Sure looked it.

PainterWoman
03-05-2004, 02:37 AM
"If I ever tried on a thong, I'd be afraid I'd never see it again.
"I just can't quite get my mind around them as underwear. ... Somehow a triangle on a string looks more like a cat toy to me."

Precisely.... And they probably ruin your circulation, too. Thongs, that is, not cat toys.

Lohani... thanks for noticing. Maybe it's the idea of meeting up with exGit and his wife-my-former-best-friend at DS's graduation in May... but I'm actually managing portions and types of food taken in. Still slacking regarding exercise... not to mention housework.... but my business is improving.

Donna D/DoubleD: I admire those of us who were brave enough to have kids when we were young.... ( waited until my rather late 20's... and I don't think I got past my fear until the youngest was already 15!

Wabbs... Cheers from here on showing some family kindness by attending uncle's funeral. The LAST people I'd want to be buried with would be my parents... do you think I could specify Tom Cruise? No slight intended to DH... but eternity with TC? ;) Does your sister agree that dad is playing favorites? And that it hurts you... Perhaps not all of your family is so unthinking... But if they are, come here and we'll be family of choice!

DixieAmazon
03-05-2004, 09:21 AM
Someone give me a good reason to exercise.

SugarP, if you exercise you can ignore the housework. Actually I am usually paralyzed trying to decide which I want to ignore the most. :dizzy:

Bagzz
03-05-2004, 09:25 AM
wowwwwwwwwwwww----------------painty---EIGHT pounds!!!---just think---at this rate,by May you should be rockin the ex gitbox!!!!------i am so looking forward to all the snow being gone ---the only excercise i can really stand it outdoor walking!!---PEACHERS,WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT WILL GO AWAY BY ITSELF----NA---UNNNHHHHHHHHHH----IT'S BIGGER THAN IT USED TO BE-----DO YOU HAVE ANY????or better yet,any that disappeared!!!?????

Cowpernia
03-05-2004, 09:34 AM
I got one of those agey things on my face and this doctor froze it off. (Actually, he failed and part of it was left but it fell off later on its own) He said I had more on my back and left those alone. They itch I think. Is this what you have? Is it flat? My face one was puffy then flattened out. He said the best guess of the medical establishment is that they're freckles that get inflamed.

Bagzz
03-05-2004, 10:10 AM
mine is flat,like a freckle-the size of a pencil eraser----it is light brown---but it has gotten bigger since it came---it is just below my collarbone ---i used to get killer sunburn/tans in my teens-----SOMETIMES IT P@## ME OFF THAT WE WERE SO UNAWARE OF WHAT DAMAGE WE WERE DOING------------- once i found out in my twenties,i stopped tanning,but just think---if this generation of young people are smart,they can avoid all of these wrinkly baggy spotted flesh-problems!!!!!--anyway,i made an appointment at the dr's so now i am hoping to stop driving myself nuts about it!!! ----today is the last day of the break!!!---dd17 just got her acceptance into the university of her choice with an entrance scholarship of 3500 [renewable]--they have an 8000 dollar scholarship that they have invited her to apply for since she is currently ranked first at her highschool-----this is Wonderful news since we will have THREE in university next year------yiiiiikkkkeeeesssssssss--- i may have to start selling flowers outside the farmers market!!!!

Cowpernia
03-05-2004, 11:15 AM
The doctor would freeze it off, wouldn't she, and not leave a scar. You can handle that!! No big deal.

I am so confused. Is dd17, your youngest? What is this scholarship for? Music? Veterinary? She is so wonderfulllllllllllllLLLLLLLLLLLLLllllllllllllll

Wabby
03-05-2004, 01:03 PM
Bagzie, you know my philosophy about these things - DO Something about it! I personally vote for hacking it off. Why wait if if might be cancerous, or turn into cancerous. We have enough things to worry about without a little time bomb like that. Tiny scars fade. Believe me, even BIG scars fade.

I made it through the funeral - my family just makes me nutz. crazy. bonkers.

Lush, why, why, why leave us again? Oh? you need a life? you can only take the job if you schedule time to check in with us. The housework will have to slide.

Bagzie, DD is 1st at her school?! that is so wonderful!

Painty, you will be one hot babe by graduation time - you're doing so well. I forget are you doing south beach? atkins? WW's?

I want a picture of Mr. Sugar in the Sponge Bob shorts.

Bagzz
03-05-2004, 01:44 PM
THANKS GIRLS!!-- actually i don't care if it leaves a scar,i just want it GONE now---so i have the dr appt {to get a referral of course} on march 22---end of boring story.My girl--dd17 is the youngest ----dd19 will be twenty in May and is in Second Year of University.----Thanks Wabby---she is leading the class at the moment ,so hopefully she will continue---that would give her the greater scholarship---she is going into Sciences Peach---it's called "Pre-Veterinary"---she always said she wanted to be a Vet,so we shall see!!!! i must send you a pic of where the new kitty likes to relax!!--Wabby----major congrats for 'doing the right thing"======if you hadn't done it,you would likely regret it---and now thank GOD it's over!!!!!!!!

Kiwonk
03-05-2004, 06:04 PM
I simply cannot do birthdays and laundry at the same time.
Yes, indeed, I know that feeling. I seem to be always promising myself that I'll get to all that laundry, or all that vacuuming or whatever when I finish this project or this birthday or vacation is over. Never ends though. Too bad I can't seem to follow flylady for even a single day or maybe I'd get a clue.

So let's see, sorry I didn't have time to fly over and sew up the Spongebob shorts. I assume they were square pants. :lol: They were supposed to be dorky, weren't they?

I loved being library lady, and I would totally love reading to or with kids. We never got to do that at all (so I made DD listen to me read...) Although probably 4th graders wouldn't listen very well. You can really mesmerize :tired: the younger ones. I had a fifth grade teacher who used to read to the class every day and I loved it. I think she used that in place of Ritalin.

This uncle requested that he not be buried with his wife of 50 years, but instead be buried with his parents. Is it just me, or does this seem strange?
That is kind of weird--and sort of sad. Sorry to hear the family crap is getting to you. I can identify. We know you are the very best!! Your father must have a screw loose!

My family is exactly as they have always been. I only hear from anyone when they want money. Ah, consistency. Isn't that what you want in family relationships?

It's snowing again! AFter several days of thawing and refreezing, now we're getting snow. Maybe I'll finally strap on the snowshoes this weekend. Honestly if I don't do something about this fat gut of mine, NYC will not be looking at me kindly when I arrive in ummmmmmmmmm 6 weeks!

Yes, if you haven't been watching cable TV for the past 10 years, Sex and the City would definitely qualify as porn. But in comparison with other things that are on, it's merely funny.

I admire those of us who were brave enough to have kids when we were young.... ( waited until my rather late 20's... and I don't think I got past my fear until the youngest was already 15!
You're confusing me -- fear of having kids? In my 20s, it was fear of getting pregnant! :shrug: I mean, let's face it, some people choose to have kids when they're young, but most people do it by mistake, wouldn't you say? Personally, I don't think my kid suffered at all by my being 32 when she was born--if anything she benefitted. Contrary to the old saw, I wasn't too old to play with her (I did very little else :lol: )

Wow, congrats on DD's scholarship, Bagz!!!!!!!!!! Excellent! Where is the Univ? Isn't she just wonderful??!!! :dance:

Yeah, first in the class -- I don't think there can be a first in DD's high school, because of the way they calculate grades. There have always been 3 - 5 valedictorians (how stupid is that?), so I'm assuming that will be the case when DD graduates. So far, she is the only one in her class who has had highest honors all the way through high school, but even so it will probably only lump her in with 2 or 3 others who also have A averages. She doesn't care -- it's just her old parents who are competitive for her. Although if it makes a difference in scholarship or no scholarship, I'll be :censored:

Kiwi

Wabby
03-05-2004, 07:38 PM
I mean, let's face it, some people choose to have kids when they're young, but most people do it by mistake, wouldn't you say? Nope! Sometimes we're too young to know better! I planned both my kids at the ripe old age of 24 and 27. 'Course DH & I had been together for 8 years, married for 3 when the first one was born. Now I'm happy that I had them when I was young. I'd never had the energy if I'd have waited.

Lohani
03-05-2004, 09:50 PM
Hi all,
I'm glad I was an older mom, too. I'm one away from being the oldest mom in DS12's class. I might actually be the oldest in ds13's class.

Wabby, you did the right thing going. You know, I can't express the freedom I feel now that my family obligations are finished. I know it doesn't sound nice to say since all the people who used to drive me nuts are now gone, but that's why I'm saying it here. I would never tell a soul in my real life that I feel this way...they would think what you guys probably think right now....that I'm heartless. BUT do you remember how my MIL and Mother and Stepfather used to drive me nuts??? ....And how MEAN they used to be??????? True, my mom and MIL redeemed themselves at the 11th hour...but we all know that it is only because I did all the grunt work...they HAD to be nice to me. It is wonderful. I love my little family of me, DH and the kids. I like FIL and the sil's we see. We never see my brothers. I hope I get good inlaws when the kids get married.

Kiwi, I've never made it through a flylady day, either. I just can't operate like that. The only time I get all my wash done is when I throw everything away at the bottom of the laundry bin on the theory that if it is still there after all these months, no body likes it anyway. AND isn't it a little too dirty after all that time.

What the he** is virtual memory. My computer says I don't have enough.

DH is watching The 7th year Itch. I think I'll go watch, too. L

Kiwonk
03-05-2004, 10:01 PM
Nope! Sometimes we're too young to know better!
Yeah, I shouldn't have said "by mistake", although I know there are plenty of those, maybe I should have said "naively"! Never mind, I was just railing against Painty inferring that "waiting" until your late 20s was pretty old to have kids. Seeing's how 32 wasn't old to have mine... Of course the perception (and even the reality) of how old is old to have kids changes with every decade. My mother was 39 when she had my little sister, and we thought she was irretrievably ancient. Now you have to be over 40 for anyone to lift an eyebrow.

Well, I just came home from the Faculty/Alumni vs Student basketball game -- and the kids won by 2 points in overtime! It was quite fun. Most of the adults were pretty darn good, but they got a little worn out, I think.

Kiwi

Kiwonk
03-05-2004, 10:51 PM
I don't think you're heartless, Lushie. I can't blame you for being relieved after all you went through with them.

Virtual memory? No idea. Sounds kind of vague -- like a description of my brain.

Here are 2 of my rather less than stellar photos -- one of DD at her recital playing the guitar, the other of the whole show choir --you can get some idea of how the costumes looked.

I found something about virtual memory (http://computer.howstuffworks.com/virtual-memory1.htm). Seems it's the memory your computer uses from the hard drive when it needs more working space. So if your hard drive is pretty full, you should free up some space so that programs don't get hung up when trying to run several things at the same time. Easy ways to free up some space: empty the recycling bin, go into Internet Explorer/Tools/Internet Options/Delete Files, Delete Cookies from the same page (this will delete your internet sign-ins like for 3fc as well as a bunch of junk you don't need, but if your don't know your sign-in names and passwords don't do this).

Kiwi

Cowpernia
03-06-2004, 09:01 AM
adorable pictures. What color is DD wearing? Yellow?

SugP
03-06-2004, 12:50 PM
Way to go on those outfits, Kiwi! And on the clever, clever dd. You too, Bagzie!!

Gotta go, two out of four family members have been taking turns driving the porcelain bus all day. Not me or ds7. Looks like a virus. Hopefully we'll be spared. It's snowing again. You'd think it would stop by March.

Hi everyone else!

See ya!

Kiwonk
03-06-2004, 03:43 PM
DD's the one in orange in the front. I didn't get a better close-up of her--they all came out blurry. I'm still trying to figure out this digital camera; it doesn't do at all well in low light, unless it's close enough for a flash. I can get better pictures off my video camera, but I lent the tape to the vocal director so he could make copies for himself and another school's director.

Oh ick, Sugar, I hope you don't get this! Do you have 2 bathrooms? We only have 1--what a nightmare if 2 people are that sick at once, huh?

DH and I once shared a bout of food poisoning back when we used to live in a little log camp on a pond. We had an indoor toilet, but we couldn't have a septic system, so it was a special toilet that burned stuff up. Sorry, but you just can't throw up in that, it's too gruesome. We had to use the outhouse...

Aren't you glad I shared that?

I have nothing else to share. You're welcome.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
03-06-2004, 08:38 PM
Kiwi you made those???? How OUTSTANDING!!!!!!! I knew your were making pants but so manY??? They're butiful!!!

You know a couple of days ago I started feeling more gooder. Weather is 75 is maybe why. Anyhow, it's been nice. Then today I got email from H-crappo-burbie, saying that while he was in Costa Rica he started writing me a letter and hasn't had time or energy to finish it but will mail it soon.

I wrote back saying that I run into people now and then who tell me stuff about him and thta's what he wants to tell me, please spare me.

Now, I all down. He is evil.

Lohani
03-06-2004, 08:56 PM
You are right, Cowzie...a true git.

Kiwi, the costumes are gorgeous...and your DD is even more so. You are so talented.

Well, just when I thought it was safe to go back in the water.....last night at 9:30, shortly after posting how happy I am to be free of my toxic family, my step-brother called to tell me that one of their uncles died and that the aunt was hoping I would come to the funeral...at 8:30 this morning. I really like the uncle and aunt, so dh and I went. What a mistake. Obviously in the interim, the stepsiblings had poisoned everyone against me so that NO ONE but the aunt spoke to me. No one. NO one even made eye contact. This family has been a cancer in my life...I am SO GLAD they are gone. I'm not sorry I went because the aunt was very sweet. BUt it does call to mind why I am happy to be away from these nasty people.

DS is doing something about rockets and trig for his science fair. I don't know how to do it. I really don't. I was an english major. I am qualified to teach children how to diagram sentences....not trig. I don't even know what sin and cosine mean..let alone all the other things. I also don't know how to use one of these fancy-schmancy calculators that have more buttons than this keyboard. What am I going to do??????????/ I must go read on trig. I'll be back. L

Lohani
03-06-2004, 09:08 PM
Just in case one of you wants to plow through this with me....

http://aleph0.clarku.edu/~djoyce/java/trig/

Lohani
03-06-2004, 09:11 PM
Poor sugar...I just saw your post...feel better. Thanks for that story, Kiwi....I needed to know that.

Bagzz
03-06-2004, 09:39 PM
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh-----------kiwonkers!!!!--your dd looks so sweet and ernest playing that guitar---is it classical??? I can't tell from the pic------the outfits are SOOOO bright and colourful {and expertly tailored!!!!}---MAN i love this stuff---only three more weeks til The Music Man!!!{ dd is the Mayor's wife}----i LOVE Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Coat!!!!----i am sure they did all the Hits--I adore---'i wore my coaaaaaaaaaat----with golden lining----ahhhhhh------bright colours shining-----ahhhhh----wonderful and newwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!! {or something like that] how come keyboards don't have musical notes on them??????-----LOHANI!!!!---HOW BIZARRE THAT YOU WOULD HAVE A SIMILAR PROBLEM TO WABBY'S!!!!- life is so strange sometimes---it's like something is in the air-------------very weird-----both of you were very smart to go to the funerals----one usually does not regret extending this courtesy-----i remember all the times i regret not "paying my respects"------and i remember everyone who didn't pay theirs!!!!! one of life's odder things-------------------

Bagzz
03-06-2004, 09:41 PM
let us not forget!!!!! WHAT ABOUT MARTHA!!!!!!!!!! :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :rollpin: :rollpin: :rollpin: :rollpin: :rollpin: :rollpin: :rollpin: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :stars: :stars: :stars: :stars: :stars: :stars: :stars: :stars:

Lohani
03-06-2004, 11:20 PM
As you all know, I'm no big fan...but.....I feel bad for Martha. I wish they'd prosecute the Lucent guys.. I never hear anything about that and it was billions! She got 60some thousand???? It probably cost three times that to prosecute and the big boys(key word-boys) are at a dinner party planned with her book.
You are right about the funeral......I was called after the viewing..which means that the aunt asked why I wasn't there. She is the reason I went...and him. He was an amazing guy. All my steps are whack...nothing can be done about that.

Kiwonk
03-07-2004, 12:03 AM
Well, I only made 2 pairs of pants and about 6 vests, plus hemming and elastic-ing about 4 more pairs, but I did about half the cutting, and I was responsible for the whole she-bang (there are 21 total), so thank you!

Don't feel bad about that Herbbit crap, Cowpeach -- I think you told him just the right thing. As if you're waiting around with bated breath for a letter from him--phooey!

Oh Lush, even just dipping your toe in the family waters is deadly, isn't it? Sorry about the uncle; I'm sure the aunt appreciated your being there.

That was a classical guitar, Bagz. Mine--that I don't know how to play, to be exact. It might as well get some use, eh? She has a new guitar teacher now, so we'll see what she ends up studying from now on. Her original teacher decided that DD was getting too advanced for her and passed her on to this new guy, who is a rock musician. Even had a few recordings back in the 70s. Should be interesting. In the meantime, she's singing Italian arias in her voice lessons. Eclectic kid.

You know, I think I'll pass, on the trig lesson. Isn't this where you say "now, DS, this should be all your own work"? :fr:

Kiwi

Cowpernia
03-07-2004, 01:05 AM
look, it's not the same but it's kinda near that my cousin Eeyore and other relatives won't give me the time of day and I think it's becuase I'm the bad dd. Did I tell you that Eeyore came by my office a few weeks ago. When she left, I went to hug her and she thrust her arms in back of her, way back of her, like a little kid resisting this mean ol person. I'm sick of them all.

PainterWoman
03-07-2004, 05:12 AM
Cowie-- I don't tell just everybody, but my forefathers and mothers are all gone too (AND I was an "only") and now that the grief is gone, it is all so much simpler. I think back in my grandparent's day when everyone still lived in one house, or on the same block they HAD to learn to be nice to each other because they could never get away. Now that people do "move away" they get nasty because they think distance makes it OK.

Kiwi--Boffo costumes and contributions.... A jewel for your crown in heaven.... not to mention your stint as library lady. I think the trick to getting older kids to listen is to pick something that seems to be all action, but that impacts them emotionally. I'll always remember stunning a bunch of 7th graders to silence by reading from an anthology called Never To Forget... which was letters written by teenagers during the holocaust. They paid attention and "got it!"

Didn't mean to offend anyone about becoming a mom older rather than younger. I probably was hoping my daughter (who apparently has no plans for marriage or motherhood in the next decade) would listen and change her plans. Like I had that kind of right! HA! Yes, I spent years trying to make sure I didn't get pregnant-- but I have one friend who seemed to "just know" it was time to have kids when she was 21... she was always so easy going...
I don't think I was EVER that easy going.

I wish I didn't think they picked on Ms Stewart because she was a prominant WOMAN. Surely there's some athlete whose investments involved insider info... But there's probably some karma involved, too. Do you think if she'd admitted right away that she should have known better and that she made a snap decision they would have gone after the brokers rather than her?

Lohan-- Please report when trig/rocketry experiements are complete. The Ex almost shot some planes down in S. Jersey when he was in rocket mode... Somebody's got to be the geeky genius!

Kiwonk
03-07-2004, 03:19 PM
Do you think if she'd admitted right away that she should have known better and that she made a snap decision they would have gone after the brokers rather than her?

Or if she had just shut up, she'd be off the hook. Like Clinton. I think she was either stupid or really greedy and arrogant to have done this, but she's not being convicted on the stock fraud --she's been convicted on lying about it and covering it up. But I also think she was picked on because of who she was -- DH gets all up in arms when I saw that. He says it had nothing to do with her, she would have been indicted no matter who she was. Ha. I think it's ridiculous to put someone in jail for this anyway; they should just be made to fork over mass quantities of personal $$ as restitution.

Hold on while I have a :coffee: --isn't that cute?

It's actually sunny out today. I don't know what to do. :kickcan:

Kiwi

Bagzz
03-08-2004, 12:07 AM
dh says that even if she admitted to the insider trading it would have been a big deal---she would lose her right to be the head of a public company or something like that===basically tonite the jurors who were interviewed said that they convicted her on WHAT HER ASSISTANT AND 'BEST FRIEND' HAD TO SAY ABOUT HER !!!!---- neither one of these had any reason to say what had been said====they could have easily NOT mentioned what martha said or did------------------WHY DID THEY SELL HER OUT??????? :o :o :o :o :o

Lohani
03-08-2004, 07:42 AM
Um....could it be because she is a complete and total b*tch?????

Bagzz
03-08-2004, 11:22 AM
IT HAS TO BE THE BI*CH FACTOR---WHY ELSE WOULD A FRIEND OF ** TWENTY** YEARS SELL HER DOWN THE RIVER--------MARTHA MUST HAVE A PLAN FOR HER OLD PAL!!!!YIKKKKKKKKEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS--- wouldn't want to be in her bad books!! :eek: :eek: :eek: ---okay now back to Mundanehood-------------------it is time to clean up the dump and throw out all i can------dd19 will be home soon for the summer------step darlings are coming for a march break visit [one week] and soon the summer of the Eternal Teen Agers will begin----I will have five girls from age--14-20 and my laundry room will once again become a war zone---------------- I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO SPRING!!!----I AM HAVING MY KITCHEN PAINTED THIS WEEK-----------PALE CELERY---WITH WHITE CUPBOARD AND WAINSCOTING----I WANT THE CLEAN,UNCLUTTERED LOOK FOR THE OLD DUMPHOLEMY BROTHER IS GETTING MARRIED AT MY HOUSE A WEEK FROM THIS FRIDAY NIGHT------I INVITED FLYLADY OVER :devil: :devil: :devil:

Wabby
03-08-2004, 02:00 PM
This has been just a horrible, horrible morning. DS's little chihuahua that I've been trying hard not to fall in love with, was hit by a car and killed this morning. He was a little toughie and he lived for a couple hours while DH & I drove from vet to vet trying to find someone open early. When the vet finally opened and saw little Chopper, he said he had severe neurologic damage and couldn't be saved. We can't live on our road and have pets. Sooner or later they manage to escape and our rural road is like a freeway.

Lushy, don't feel bad for telling the truth. You have every right to feel relieved that you don't have that emotional work dragging you down all the time. You're not cold hearted,you just don't like getting your heart stomped on all the time.

I have alot more to say about stuff, but I'm just feeling too miserable this morning. I'll be back.

SugP
03-08-2004, 02:46 PM
I'm SO sorry. Poor, poor little thing. :( :( :(

Bagzz
03-08-2004, 02:50 PM
Dear Wabby---your poor son and his baby dog---------what a terrible thing to happen----thinking of you guys today....

Kiwonk
03-08-2004, 06:14 PM
Wabbit, I'm so sorry to hear that, how upsetting. Poor little doggy. I'm sure DS is pretty torn up over it too. I went through the exact same thing with one of my kitties, driving the poor thing to the vet, only to be told she had to be put down. I just kept holding onto the thought that I was there and able to comfort her before she went--she wasn't alone.

I don't know, Bagz, I think if the FBI came knocking at my door, I might be intimidated enough to tell them what I knew about ol' Martha, even if she was a friend. Who'd want to go up on perjury charges on her behalf anyway? I was highly amused at the quote from the friend -- that Martha said "Isn't it nice that brokers do that? [i.e. give you inside information]" :lol3:

I love the description of your kitchen, by the way. It's going to be scrumptious!

Guess what DH did yesterday? Cleaned out the whole mudroom!!!!!!!!!!!!! All I had to do was point and say Keep That, Throw That. He even mopped the inside of the closet (which horrifyingly had old cat crap in the back :eek: ) Boy did he score points!! And it looks good too -- we can get into the closet now. :cb:

I've been so bad/good today. I went shopping early this morning and picked up a snack which I ate instead of breakfast: CheezWaffle thingies. How disgusting. :corn: Then this afternoon I had to make a big salad for a school event, so after I delivered it, I came home and ate a big salad myself. :eating2:

Gotta go to a concert. Take care, all you cowies.

Kiwi

Wabby
03-08-2004, 08:07 PM
Thanks for the well wishes. I can't believe how hard this has been. We've only had him with us for 4 months, but he was just so full of life. 5 pounds of personality.

Bagzie, you will love your kitchen painted those colors. I painted my kitchen sage green (close to celery) w/ white bead board and trim when we remodeled (remember that?) and I still love it. Will the bride walk down your beeeeuteeful staircase? I know it won't be a garden wedding this time of year.

Kiwi, the costumes turned out great! Wow! I had no idea of the scale of that project. Watch out, now that they know you have the costume making talent, they'll be back.

Peachy, you're too nice to have the Evil Herbie bugging you. Don't let him get you down. Do a little Stewart Smalley. Look in the mirror and say "I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it people like me!!!" 'cause we do.

Sugar, I sure hope you don't catch the bug.

Painty, I'm pretty sure you didn't offend anyone. You'll have to try harder than that. ;) You know, I had my kids young, but I'm sure I would have been a much better parent if I had been older. I did the best I could and I'm sure they'll be telling their therapist about it some day. I love them and they know that.

It's such a pretty day here, I think I might actually go on a walk on the way home. It's sunny and about 70 degrees. Just perfect. :sunny: Hey! DH finally caught his first big fish of the season on Saturday. A 48" sturgeon. His fishing curse is over! We bbq'ed it on Sunday. I think tonight we'll be grilling some burgers. I think we may just have survived winter.

Lohani
03-08-2004, 10:04 PM
The poor Wabby family. Isn't it awful how painful it is to lose a dog? They are a member of the family, PLUS...they tend to clean up after themselves and cause less resentment that the two legged members of the family....true???

Peachy, why not let that horrible old eyore feel REALLY superior and leave it all to her. We're your family...remember????? Poop on her.

I'm SO Tired. I HATE my job. I am only there because the some governmental entity requires them to have someone in the room...so today that is all I did...I was in the room. I was told point blank by some arrogant twit that he did not want me interfering with HIS students. Fun.....Yes, the whole "no child left behind" debacle is MY FAULT...why not be pointedly rude to ME...that will show the wonks in Washington.

I think I will use my time creatively in some form or another..I haven't figured it out, yet. Also, I lost my watch..so the day dragged on more than it will when I can check the time every 34 seconds.

I'm going to bed...L

Cowpernia
03-08-2004, 10:56 PM
Wabbikins, a couple of weeks ago this woman came into our office with a box of chihuahua puppies. $150 to $200 each. No papers. Two litters. Three of my co-workers bought them! They are all in love with the pups now. After what you and Kiwi said, I'm really worried about my cat. He has to go out because he doesn't use the cat box. But that road is sooooo busy.

Lohunny, Eeyore can have it. My mom calls Eeyore and me saying she has no clothes. She needs to go shopping. Eeyore takes her. The activities director told me that my mom has $400 in new clothes just in the last few months but they can't get her to get rid of her old clothes. Her closet is stuffed. I think Eeyore should know this buttttttt I don't think I'm the one to tell her.

SugP
03-09-2004, 03:03 AM
Number two son barfed this morning. I'm doomed. Birthday party is supposed to be Thursday. Wish us luck.

Cowpernia
03-09-2004, 08:37 AM
Am I invited??? It's my day off ....

SugP
03-09-2004, 08:43 AM
Am I invited??? It's my day off ....

'Course you are! You can hold the bucket. :D :D :D

Poor little kid can't even hold down liquids. What should I dooooooooooo? I don't think he's in danger yet of drying up and blowing away, but my kids hardly ever barf so it's confusing for me.

Lohani
03-09-2004, 09:15 AM
Poor Sugarette!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A pox on Eyore.

I got a new oven about three months ago...basic Amana....last night I set it to clean and about an hour later the back of it started on fire...all the wires and the works on the top where the clock is....it took two fire extinguishers to put it out.
Do I call my insurance co?????????

I have to go to my hated job. bye

Wabby
03-09-2004, 03:32 PM
I am at my hated job. and yes, call the insurance company. Lucky that you didn't set it to clean and then leave the house. Coulda been bad. I need a new range too. I'll stay away from Amana. Peach, what kind came with your new house? Do you like it?

Lushy, you don't need this aggravation. Why blow off the cushy gig you had being a stay at home wife? I'd kill to be able to stay home and putter all day. I'm so sick of spending all my time at work, and then being expected to keep house like June Cleaver. This leaves no time or energy for working on my gardening addiction. Not to mention the fact that my physical upkeep is getting to be a full time job. No wonder the DH has so many hobbies - he doesn't do laundry or dishes. whine. whine.

Sugar, those days of sick little kids was a nightmare. Poor babies. Poor Sugar.

Have you noticed I haven't said a peep about my compulsive eating lately? I've been too busy eating to talk about it. :eating2:

Berrypie
03-09-2004, 05:04 PM
Haven't had a chance to read past posts. Will soon. Had a surgerical complication. Evidently I had a slight sinus infection and the trauma of removing gb make infection run amok. It went into my eye socket and I ended up spending 8 days in hospital while they tried to find antibiotics to clear it up before eye and brain became involved. Since their 1st diagnosis was brain tumor, infection sounded much better. Anyway, I'm home now, with a semi=permanent iv line and dh gets to play nursey and hook me up 4 times a day.

Many funny stories from hospital. I was voted "Miss Congeniality" btw.
Hope everyone else is well.

SugP
03-09-2004, 05:10 PM
First Lushy's oven and now THIS. How much more can a herd of cows stand?

Berrypie, you poor dear! Good thing they caught that awfulness in time. Make sure dh takes real good care of you.

Berrypie
03-09-2004, 05:22 PM
There I am....almost dying.....eating the WORST hospital food in the world....for Over A Week.....and not ONCE doesn't anyone say, "Where's Frappe?" :censored:

Kiwonk
03-09-2004, 06:20 PM
Poor Frappe!! That sounds very dangerous (and not just the hospital food!) -- I hope it clears up without further complications.

Good grief -- everyone seems to be having a bad week. Sugar, you can't come down with this puky stuff! Isn't it awful how everyone seems to get sick around birthdays and holidays?

Lush, I think there's an obvious response to the ****head who doesn't want his sub to mess with his students: "Get back in there and teach them yourselves if you're so insecure" He'd rather they just didn't learn anything? That's just irresponsible.

I think I'd better get off the computer. DD is recording on the other computer and I'm sure she could use some space.

Kiwi

Wabby
03-09-2004, 07:04 PM
Frappe, that is so scarey! Thank G they are taking good care of you. Sorry I didn't enquire after you - I just figured you were off recuperating. And of course they voted you Miss Congeniality, all of us cows are social animals.

PainterWoman
03-10-2004, 01:19 PM
Mea Culpa....
So sorry I am delayed in sending sympathies to Wabby and DS on demise of darling doggie. I didn't have a brother or sister, but I had a poodle and he meant everything to me. Those little bundles of unconditional love are REALLY important!

Berry girl... Maybe while preening with your Miss Congeniality crown you can also vie for the MOP award: Most ornery patient... so that they take even BETTER care of you. Jeez.... Even for Mr. Ashcroft (of public gall bladder fame) who too often seems to have his head up his a**, he hasn't gotten an eye infection. You tell those Dr's to get a handle on your situation and heal you FAST.

Lush, dear... so sorry about your oven..... My best hope is that you can get a whole new kitchen out of it. How frightening for you... and what a relief to have the fireextinguisher(s) where they should be. (and still "charged" too.)

I'm embarassed to say, that aside from being lazy and tired, I've had a good week... so far. Spring is in the air, kids are under their own steam (no buckets required.... Sug-- those things can go away as fast as they come. I hope the BD party is a big hit!) But.... I'm off to see clients now. Am wondering if I should have had breakfast. My stomach wasn't growling before.

Grrrrrrr.

Kiwonk
03-10-2004, 04:39 PM
Arrgh, Hi Cowsies, hope all who are sick are getting better and all who weren't sick aren't. Lush, if you only bought this oven recently, isn't it under some kind of warranty? Surely you can get it replaced for freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, right? While DH was cooking dinner the other night, he managed to set a burner on fire, for heaven's sake. Good thing I was there to set a lid on top of it--he didn't seem to have a clue. Weighing his options, probably... :chin:

It's sunny out. I'm in. My house is a horrendous tip. These things must be adjusted.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
03-10-2004, 05:29 PM
I have been inspired to buy a fire extinguisher. These are things never displayed by the cash register so I don't look for them. Now, I own one. Do I need two like Lushie?

Wabby
03-10-2004, 07:43 PM
I have a fire extinguisher. I have a smoke alarm. I don't have a carbon monoxide alarm. Do I need one?

It's another beautiful day here and I'm going crazy with wanting to be outside. I have an hour to go. :cool:

Lohani
03-10-2004, 08:33 PM
Frappe, you poor darling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope the prize for your crown was percoset. Lots of it.

I have two remarkably efficient men cleaning every inch of my house. Insurance Co is paying for all our expenses and is being really, really nice. Sears is giving us an $1100 stove to replace our $614. stove. Things are going swimmingly. We must have a case here because they are too cooperative....but I'm willing to bought off with a new stove. The previous one had those huge grates....they looked good but soon became a pita. Now I'll have reasonably sized grates that won't scratch the sink.

Wabby, just open a window...is your heater old???? I doubt it...so I also doubt that you have fume problems.

I'm a bore. I'm going to go eat somet hing I shouldn't. L

PainterWoman
03-10-2004, 11:27 PM
Bravo Lushie!!! I doubt Sears can settle fast enough... but bravo for you for just wanting to get things fixed rather than make a killing!!

We don't have a carbon monoxide detector. I think they're most important if you have gas heat or cooking... although I think if you have an attached garage it might be useful.

Cleaning lady was here today, so our place is un-tipped. Wahoo!!!!

Frappey Berry, please let us know how it's going now.... Adequate drugs is a good start... but complete recovery will be MUCH better!

Cowpernia
03-11-2004, 09:46 AM
I am just shocked by the shooting of that Masonic initiate near Lushie's house. It's tragic and sad and I don't mean to belittle what the family is going through but if that man meant to pull out a gun and shoot the initiate with blanks TO SCARE HIM, I believe he has taken care of the SCARING of iniaties until the end of time. Lush, why do men in your area carry loaded guns with him to closed social events?

I am home. I don't feel well. Post.

Cowpernia
03-11-2004, 11:54 AM
Painty has politely told me she doesn't know what I'm talking about ... so I will try html as I don't see how to do automatically ...
hmmm...

<a href="edition.cnn.com/2004/US/Northeast/03/09/shooting.masonic.ap/index.html">did this work?</a>

I don't see anything wrong with it. Kiwi??? Kiwi??? KIWIIWIWWIW????

Kiwonk
03-11-2004, 04:15 PM
I don't know why your html didn't work, but when you want to put a URL in your message, use the little globy-linky thing on the toolbar (to the left of the # sign). see? (edition.cnn.com/2004/US/Northeast/03/09/shooting.masonic.ap/index.html)

I am depressed. There is something so wrong with my computer that I have been unsubscribed from a mailing list that I have been on for 10 years. DD's bus broke down and it took her an hour to get home from school. I did nothing all day but nap, got up too late to accomplish anything, and now my mail is broken. Life sux redux.

kiwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh

Wabby
03-11-2004, 05:56 PM
I did nothing all day but nap, Kiwi, you think this is a bad day? I wanna nap!!!!

I'm jealous Lush. I want a new range and a clean house. Do you think you could talk these people into doing laundry too?

We do have gas heat, but the furnace is only about 5 yrs old. I'll just crack a window.

Are we totally ignoring our weight loss efforts or lack there of? OK by me. I've been giving myself a talk every morning, only to listen to my tummy talking by noon.

PainterWoman
03-11-2004, 09:36 PM
Well, SOME of us are actually intending to come her to get support for weight loss. Even though I guess I won today's prize for weirdest food combo: bologna, choc ships and string cheese.... Good news? I didn't eat too much of any of them... and was under program norm for calories... Bad news.... didn't plan well, didn't eat 5 tiny meals, had the choc;. chip sugar thing happening... But scales were fairly friendly this am... so... I'm just laughing at myself and planning for tomorrow.

I'll go look up masonic business...

Saddened by Madrid's struggles. DH is reading a book ab9ut people who get a "fantasy" about the way life "should" be and then stop at nothing to make it that way... even if they have to maim, kill, or terrorize people who were just doing what THEY thought was best.

TGIF, y'all. Whoooeeeeee.. gonna plant more pansies, some petunias a little gardenia, allysum and a lemon thyme sprout. Spring is coming.

Cowpernia
03-12-2004, 08:55 AM
Choc ships .... sounds big and good.

Wabby
03-12-2004, 12:52 PM
Painty, lets talk gardening and make Bagzie green with envy :lol: she still has months to go.... but you should see pictures of her flowers when they do pop! Gorgeous!!!! I planted some pansies last weekend. It's still too early here for other bedding plants. I've got big plans for putting in a watering system for my beds and borders. I can't take another year of dragging hoses, only to have everything dry up when we leave for a weekend.

It's looking like a good weekend.... sunny skies, warm temps and BUNCO on saturday nite!!!! yeee-ha!

Berrypie
03-12-2004, 01:54 PM
Hi, guys. I'm not getting much better. Back to dr today. Good news is that all I can eat is cottage cheese and bananas. I must be losing weight. Every cloud.......

Bagzz
03-12-2004, 02:08 PM
FRAPPE!!!---TERRIBLE FOR YOU-----IMAGINE !!!---hope you are back to gorging and stuffing yourself soon---your family MUST feel sorry for you by now??!!!!---OKAY YOU NASTY WABBIT---------------IT HAS BEEN SNOWING FOR ALMOST 24 HOURS NOW--ARE YOU HAPPY???????THIS,AFTER THE GROUND WAS NEARLY BARE!!!PANSIES INDEED-----one consolation remains------------------IT'S MARGARITA FRIIIIIDAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YY-----------kiwonkers---hope your day is turning out a little better............................cowpurn----hope you feel better soon---------------painty------PLANT THOSE FLOWERS GR-R-R-R-R-R-R-R-R-

Kiwonk
03-12-2004, 03:01 PM
Well, SOME of us are actually intending to come her to get support for weight loss. Even though I guess I won today's prize for weirdest food combo: bologna, choc ships and string cheese.... Yeah, not the best diet, huh? :lol: Don't feel bad, I do that kind of meal plan with too much frequently. My schedule is so erratic, I don't know what meals go where. I think I eat 4 meals a day: breakfast, dinner and 2 "snacks" (i.e. pigouts) and it's just way too much.

Saddened by Madrid's struggles. DH is reading a book ab9ut people who get a "fantasy" about the way life "should" be and then stop at nothing to make it that way... even if they have to maim, kill, or frequency as well lately. Trouble is, I usually also have at least 2 more or less "healthy" meals. With my erratic schedule, it's hard to tell what meals terrorize people who were just doing what THEY thought was best.Hey, who can I terrorize to get a new house and and lose about 40 lbs???
I was horrified by the Madrid terrorism--I know those people are desperate, but what kind of mind thinks that murdering innocent people will get them what they want? To me, once they cross that line, there's no turning back. No amount of negotiation or court cases, or even repression, are going to change them back into reasonable people. Apparently you can either capitulate totally or wipe them all out. Normal societies have a problem with either tactic, eh?

Good news is that all I can eat is cottage cheese and bananas.
Uk! Poor baby! I hope you get better real soon. I'll be thinking of you and sending healing mental images like this http://twolff.users.ixpres.com/images/doctor/a%20quack%20doctor%20mesmerizing%20his%20patient.j pg
or thishttp://tomsquotes.amhosting.net/sitcom/seinfeld/group/quack.jpg

I'm starting to get worried about my kid -- she was supposed to go out to lunch after a half-day of school, then call me for a ride. Here it is 2pm and I haven't heard a peep. Gotta get offline, maybe. :dizzy:

Kiwi

Bagzz
03-12-2004, 03:56 PM
DONT' WORRY KIWI!!!--- they are ALL like that---it's just starting for you and i remember how upsetting it is!!!---AND---they still "forget" to call and i STILL feel sick when they are late!!! xoxoxoxoxo been there,doing that!!!!

Kiwonk
03-12-2004, 04:33 PM
AND---they still "forget" to call and i STILL feel sick when they are late!!! xoxoxoxoxo been there,doing that!!!!
Well, she called (she'd "lost track of the time"--never heard that one before, right?). Actually she called 3 times so far, to tell me where she was, to tell me she didn't want me to pick up her at 4 like I suggested, to tell me she was going to someone else's house to go "tubing behind a 4-wheeler" or something. Oy. She's been pretty good about checking in for the past few years, that's why I was concerned. Up until a few years ago, "forgetting" was a constant refrain, so she's generally getting more responsible--that's the way it's suppose to be, eh? Some of her friends' parents don't trust their kids at all it seems, out of paranoia or because they weren't paying attention while the kids were pre-teens and now they're having to clamp down on them.

Well, it's recycling day and I must go todadump todadump todadumpdumpdump. Ta :coffee:

Kiwi

Wabby
03-12-2004, 07:12 PM
Ooooo. Frappe. I'm sending you some healing vibes. Hope to hear you're feeling better soon.

Kiwonk
03-12-2004, 07:29 PM
Just in case anyone emails me and doesn't get a response, I am having some trouble with my email account and I can't get a response from Prexar, as usual. I name the company so in case someone searches for it in Google, maybe they will come here and help me. :lol: just kidding. Anyway, I still get most of my mail, so if I don't reply, just resend. Just keep resending and resending, until I get the hint. It won't take too long.... Where's that smilie for beating your head against a wall? Hmmm. Think I'll go drown myself in a cup of coffee :coffee2:

Where's a good margharita when you need one? My family has abandoned me, I think -- DH is working late, and DD is apparently out in the dark tubing behind an erratic all terrain vehicle. Oh dear. Well, fortunately, her friend's mother is a nurse. She'll know what to do with the broken limbs.

Oh yeah, kudos to me -- I did my BeachBody workout this afternoon. Now if I can just do it 89 more times.....

Kiwi

PainterWoman
03-12-2004, 10:20 PM
Frappe-- I'm sending you even MORE "pink light" It is the remedy of choice in our family for everything from paper cuts to broken hearts and everything in between.

Wabbit -- I got pansies in before breakfast!! then went and browsed the landscapers supply store... Found a new hybrid tea to replace one that croaked last summer: Peace and Love :love:, as well as some purple verbena, some allysum, and mulch and dirt with which to leaven the clay they call dirt around here. We're supposed to have rain tonight and most of tomorrow, so who knows when I'll get the remaining things planted.... Just incase Kiwi is too jealous, I'm going to try to include a photo of the decimated tulip bed after last year's hail storm.

(Hmmmm... don't no know to make it a thumbnail that y'all can enlarge. needless to say, those stalks you can see standing up in the distance used to have big red tulips on 'em.)

Kiwi-- Do you think that if we asked terrorists what they wanted for themselves they'd have an answer? I understand that they want the U.S., wealthy imperialist westerners et al dead... but just WHAT will that get them? It won't get them jobs or food or comfort or love or anything that i can figure out... and I'm not sure how interested I can get in some sort of salvation that you only get when you die.

Cowie -- Choc Ship! Terrific. No wonder I'm always punting! and hardly on the Thames, either. (have you ever been to or seen the website for Harbor Sweets? They make a white chocolate sail on a chocolate covered almond roca "boat"... Oh dear... :devil:

Need to get drink. With grace it will be water. With luck, diet coke. With abandon... maybe a double Scotch!

Bagzz
03-12-2004, 11:03 PM
oohhhhhhhhhhhhhh my sister made margies with the Bacardi mix and the crushed ice and tthehhehehe rummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm---------------------------she and sil did their best to convince me to go out bar hoppin with them but i am tooooooooo ollllllllldddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd d=================THANK GOD!!!!!----------i know how you feeeel kiwonkers-----------------my family deserts me all the time,but i still have ds9 so hopefully by the time he deserts i will have some grandbabes.

Kiwonk
03-13-2004, 12:36 AM
(Hmmmm... don't no know to make it a thumbnail that y'all can enlarge. needless to say, those stalks you can see standing up in the distance used to have big red tulips on 'em.)You don't have to make the thumbnail -- the website does that when you upload a picture. You can upload a picture that's up to 500 pixels x 500 pixels I think. Boy, sure looks green away down there in Texas...
Kiwi-- Do you think that if we asked terrorists what they wanted for themselves they'd have an answer?
Good point -- I think they think they know what they want, but mostly I believe they are whipped up into a frenzy by people who mainly want to control them. Amazing how you can make people do totally irrational things without question by demonizing the opposition and promising virgins and chocolate. Oh, they don't promise chocolate? It would never work for me then.

Went out for dinner with DH. For some reason, that is an unusual event--just the 2 of us. We talked about his job and my email problem. We are such scintillating people. :cheers: Then I picked up my tired-out dd and now I'm enjoying a strange concoction: something like a whisky sour. We had all this homemade fruit punch (not red: orange, lemon, pineapple) that didn't get consumed at DD's recital, so I tried making a drink out of it. It's, um, well, it's tart. And it's sweet. And it's alcoholic, because I dumped Jim Beam into it because without it it was kind of like a liquid SweetTart... That's what I'll call it, Jim Beam SweetTart.

Kiwi