Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2004, 07:44 AM   #1  

Height: 5'-2"

Default Thursday!! A good day!?!?

Good morning, girls!
Well, it always starts OUT good!
Back in a mo...
Old 02-26-2004, 08:19 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

CeeJay, I can relate to what you said about addictions. I didn't touch alcohol until about the age of 22, and I've always been careful not to overindudge. (And I've never tried "street drugs" either, Christy. ) I feel that there's something in me that could easily take on addictions, and I DON'T want to test the waters! But food... food has really done me in.
Congratulations on the exercise!!

Angi, Dan sounds like a dear. I'm glad you've got a good man. They're hard to find.
How are you feeling today? I hope the bug isn't too bad, and that your little love doesn't catch it.

"Exotic YMCA". Sarah, I do a weight work-out at the Y, and usually go on the treadmill. I LOVE running, but it's hit and miss right now at this weight. I love it at the Y. It feels like a second home.
You're smart to drop that extra class. Sometimes we don't feel the stress until it's too late. Hey, congratulations on the Pilates, girl!! That's something I have yet to try.

Jennelle, congratulations on throwing out the hash browns!! Great willpower, girl!!

Kat, you're a sweetheart. No, I don't have a sponser. I'm not ready for that yet. I have so much on my plate lately, that I think one more thing would drive me right over the edge. Thank you for your offer of help.
I'll be saying lots of prayers for you and your DH and his job. Don't worry... it will all work out.

Christy, you've got to be one of the least self-centered people I know! Maybe that's your problem... you DO need to be a little more self-centered. Like Sarah said, it's OKAY!!
Christy, I've never done Lent before, either. Food is my only vice, and I don't think I have the strength to give it up right now. Not for 40 days, anyhow. Maybe 40 minutes.
I LOVE Evanescance, too! She's got a beautiful voice. She doesn't "depress" me the way Alannis Morrisette does. When I listen to Alannis, I KNOW I'm depressed.
Take care of that cold, sweetie.

Chris, you're right... I have to stop saying "I'm starting over". This is a continual process... there's no "beginning and end". Thank you.
Hey, I've lost 3 of the 4 pounds! Back to 189. Phew! Okay, no more negative talk. THAT'S what I'll give up for Lent!
How are YOU doing, dear girl!?

I just saw a corn chip on the floor in the hall, and immediately had a craving for a bag. HOW PATHETIC!!
DH and I are going shopping for a washer and fridge for the apartment this morning. And I'm going to pick myself up a GOOD food snack for later... he's working this evening, and I'm taking a preventative measure.

Have a wonderful day, all... love and hugs...
Old 02-26-2004, 09:37 AM   #3  

Just a quick good morning to everyone. I feel cold coming on and it's been raining (big deal for me since I work on an open campus).

BUT, not feeling down today so that's good.

Ellis: Nothing is pathetic about you, girl!

OK, off to get ready for my f2f meeting. Everyone have a beautiful day!
Old 02-26-2004, 03:01 PM   #4  

Default If I don't think about it too much...

Thursday is a good day!

I am thankful for...
* school dismissed early today (snow again, ellis!)
* DH cooked supper last night
* oldest DD passed her "test" and is now doing pointe in her dance classes
* youngest DD just read me all of Green Eggs and Ham (WOW! another bookworm in the family)
* tomorrow is Friday
* good music

I won't dwell on everything that could be bothering me right now. I wish I could think of the Bible verse about worry not doing anything for you...that was a very loose paraphrase, by the way!

Ellis -- I love it when you're talkative! Food is my vice, too...sigh. Appliance shopping sounds like fun! (Heck, I like shopping of any kind though. Uh-oh, is that another vice?!)

Kat -- Glad your mood is better! Another cold?! I feel for you, dearie. Children are sweet, but working with them all day exposes you to sooo many germs. Ugh.

I'm going to go to an online meeting and then change into some comfy clothes and work on laundry. I'll check back in later.
Old 02-26-2004, 04:03 PM   #5  

Christy: here's one (the long version) -

Matthew 6:25 - 34 "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? [26] Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? [27] Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?
[28] "And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. [29] Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. [30] If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? [31] So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' [32] For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. [33] But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. [34] Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." [NIV]

It's very one-day-at-a-time there at the end, isn't it!

When I mentioned my symptoms yesterday I forgot to add "and a sore throat." So, I have strep and my doctor has given me some antibiotics. Elijah's at Mom's again today since I'm not well. Thank God for all these options for child care! I know I am blessed. (And, yes, Dan is a great husband!)
Old 02-26-2004, 04:55 PM   #6  

Angi -- Yes, that's it...thank you! Sorry you're still feeling crummy. Hope those antibiotics kick in fast for you!
Old 02-26-2004, 06:16 PM   #7  
Searching

It is a good Thursday. I will do a longer post when I get to work, but I think when you start the day off with random acts of kindness you get it back 10 fold. I got the warm fuzzies from all the sweet e-mails I have recieve today

I love you guys (FEEL BETTER ANGI )

Miss Chris
Old 02-26-2004, 07:28 PM   #8  

Default Got a sunny day today!

Thought it was going to rain today but it was nice out. So yay!

My cold hasn't developed yet - I hope the Zycam kills it. But I am feeling a bit wiped out. So just taking it easy.

My morning meeting was great, as usual. One person shared that where he lives now (he moved away from LA), the meetings aren't as solid as the ones here. I have heard that before - that our meetings are very solid. I'm very blessed to live here. There's a lot of recovery in my meetings - very inspiring. What do you think of your f2f meetings in your area? I hope they are awesome.

I also think the online meetings are wonderful.

Someone also shared and I wrote down a great quote he said: "You can't stay clean on yesterday's shower". How true is that!?!

Christy: Thanks for sharing your gratitude list. How was the meeting?

Angi: Feel better!

Chris: Hope you had a good day at work!

I'll try to check back in later...
Old 02-26-2004, 09:26 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Just a quick note. I have had a good Thursday as well.

And hope that everyone has a good Friday.
Old 02-26-2004, 10:12 PM   #10  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

LOVE that quote: "You can't stay clean off of yesterday's shower"

I'm doing well. I'm starting to notice that one particular pair of work pants are fitting a little better. It's a nice feeling, but I am a little afraid of getting caught up in the "losing weight" trap. I mean, I know that one of the legs of my three-legged recovery stool is physical recovery, and part of my physical recovery is weight loss, but it's just that I've been so focused on the pounds and inches in the past to the point where I've measured my entire self-worth and being by it. I don't want to fall into that trap again. I weigh myself weekly, but I no longer tell ANYONE what I weigh. I just feel like voicing it out loud would give too much weight to the numbers (no pun intended here).

Does what I said make any sense at all?
Old 02-26-2004, 10:23 PM   #11  

It totally makes sense, Jennelle! If you think concentrating on that stuff will trigger you, then there's no need to really pay attention to it. HP will take care of it all.
Closed Thread