South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2004, 06:52 AM   #1  

Height: 5'-2"

Default Thursday Chat?

Is it Thursday already!?
Ruthie, I've been waiting for you to start. And I suppose you've been waiting for ME to start.

I'll be back shortly... hugs to all...
Old 02-26-2004, 07:05 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, ellis. I was doing my journal first for a change and now need to get coffee. I suppose you already have yours! The Girls are woofing so it's time to get downstairs.
Back in a bit - in a robe actually - my bits are too small.
Old 02-26-2004, 07:21 AM   #3  

Thanks, Lizzie... I dropped 3 of those 4 pounds. Back down to 189. Phew! Congratulations on getting to Curves, girl!!

Painter, good luck with the mammogram!! Speaking of which... please click... http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/c...jects/CTDSites

Little Chick... did you manage to refrain from digging into the fund-raiser box?

Jennie, congratulations on the workout!!

Good grief, Pebbles! You nuts, you!! Yes, IKEA is great, isn't it? Good luck with the reno!!

LouLou, do you really have a twin!? How cool!

Bamie, I hope you're feeling better soon... take care of that cough, sweetie.

Nascar, how did the buffet go?

Jodi, good luck getting through Lent. 40 days... phew! We might have a chance if we were in the desert.

Clovey, you sound down... hang in there, hon... sending you hugs...

January, are you fantacizing while you're at work!?

Caity, I'm sorry work is not going well. Get some good food in the house, girl! You'll feel better for doing it.

Penny, I LOVED breastfeeding. It was such a beautiful time for me. Enjoy it...

MaryHelen, thanks for the info on yogurt!

Overfedup, you wore flipflops, huh? Does that mean I can start wearing my Birkenstocks outside?

Ruth, you saw a Pileated Woodpecker?! Aren't they beautiful!? You're not going to believe this, but last spring, DH and I saw one in Dundonell Park (or whatever the heck it's called). The park across from the Beer store on Somerset. Where the old men play chess.

Where is Sil? And Sflake, Den, and everyone else?! Just because you're not OP doesn't mean you can't CHAT with us!! You don't honestly believe that the moderators are OP, do you?

DH has the morning off, and we're going shopping for a washing machine for the apartment. BORING!! Our (perfect) tenant is moving in the second week of March, so we've still got time to do a few things...
Old 02-26-2004, 07:32 AM   #4  
I AM MY KIDS MOM

S/C/G: 208/162/135

Height: 5' 2.5"

Ellis ~

I give you much credit for remembering everyone's post to respond to. I can't even remember my name sometimes.......

Little Chick ~
How did the night go? Did you eat the sweets?

Be Back Later

Have to get dressed myself before the other two kids get up.....
Just the baby up right now.

Take care, Penny
Old 02-26-2004, 08:17 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 175/172/125

Height: 4'9"

Mornin ladies! Well I have decided to restart Phase I. I just have not really been putting my mind into it lately. I have been slacking on my walking/exercise and it's making me feel very bad inside. Sooo come Sunday...I'm starting anew. I dont know why I always seem to start things on Sunday, but I brought my book to work and will look through it again.

Hope everyone has a good day. I gotta make some tea. I do have my yoga class tonight and I'm excited about it.
Old 02-26-2004, 08:44 AM   #6  

Motts, enjoy your yoga this evening!
Old 02-26-2004, 09:03 AM   #7  
GARDENING ADDICT

Ellis~~I am here and am OP, thank you very much I said I would do this for Lent and I will. (I hope)

We have SNOW in Georgia this morning and DH stayed home. I think he's making scrambled eggs right now. Best to stay out of his way when he's creating. I spent another afternoon yesterday up on that extension ladder and my thighs hurt this morning. Does that count for some exercise???

Maybe today i can remove some things from DH's room/office so that it can get painted.
Have a great day ladies.
Old 02-26-2004, 09:06 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Back for just a wee while. The tub is filling for my bath but is very slow. Dear DH threw his jeans into the washer some strange reason last night along with two paper towels. This morning they are washed but covered with white paper lint! So right now, I'm repeating the wash and rinse cycles. I bet you chicks really wanted to know that.

H. still has some bizarre behaviours. For example, last night he cleaned up after dinner while I was on the phone. Great! BUT he took the dead flowers out of the compost and put them back into a vase with water. Mind you they were still a bit OK but they were from the Feb. 4 backstage bouquet! Ah well - it could be worse!

Hey what's this about the MODs supposed to be OP? That wasn't part of the deal, was it? Geez, for what they pay us...... Of course, aside from our 6 digit salaries, there are other perks to being a MOD - like the weekends in the Barbados, the sports cars and the complete wardrobes. Um, Ellis, maybe we should try even harder. Look at all the new Beachies that are losing. I must congratulate you on being back in the 80's. I'm heading back to the 90's and was thinking we might meet in there.

The tub is full so I'm off to soak and dream of spring.

Happy Thursday.
Old 02-26-2004, 09:08 AM   #9  

Default Good Morning

Good morning to every one. I don't really have much to say this morning. I have school work and shopping to do today. I did resist Dairy Queen last night when my mom (she is my food ) asked me to stop by for her. I did and got nothing...I came home and ate a suger free fudge pop. Yeah me!
Old 02-26-2004, 09:24 AM   #10  
GARDENING ADDICT

Way to go, Twrinkles
Old 02-26-2004, 09:38 AM   #11  
Professional dieter

S/C/G: 250/232/130

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Ladies!
Ruth, what possessed him to d o that?!!!!! I would be like what the h*ll were you thinking, you silly man?!!! You crack me up every day. I swear some days I only stop by to hear (read) you and Ellis banter!
Hey Ellis I know the next washing machine I want to buy, its the Staber "green machine" energy star. It uses approx 15 gallons of water compared to 45 in a trad washer.(Great for some1 w/a well) It uses a gentle tumbling action (not a front loader) instead of an agitator. The tumblers are made from stainless steel instead of plastic. The tumblers are so effective that you use 1 oz of laundry detergent compared to 4-8 oz w/ trad washers, and the machine has a huge capacity! You can fit 16 full size bath towels in a load compared to 8-10.It's a commercial grade washer so it will last 20-25 years and per load it only uses 135 watts of energy per load compared to 600 in a trad. Oh, and no I don't sell them I just really want one! I would buy one for myself and put my old one in the rental! Because of the savings in hot water, elctricity, detergent, etc. it pays for itself after a few years! I am waiting for my washer to die. DIE WASHER DIE!
Hope everyone is doing well I was very bad last night my guests brought cheesecake for dessert DOH! Oh well! I am not gonna beat myself up about it! (I'll leave that to you guys! ) Back on plan today though baby, I am gonna go make myself b-fast right now!
Old 02-26-2004, 10:25 AM   #12  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning chickies I am late getting here this morning but I had to get my recipts done for the people I babysit for. I do have the totals done but the recipts need to be written. I guess that is tomorrow mornings job so they will be ready to go home with them all tomorrow afternoon. Since that is the last day I have the kids. I hate tax time.
That is my whinning for the day.

Ladies I did resist temptation last night. YEAH for me. It was very hard. But I stayed true. So far I have been faithful since monday I am hoping to stay that way. I have decided that if I get these 6 pounds off I am going to go get my belly button peirced. I don't know why I want it done but I do. Maybe I am hoping that if I do it I won't let myself gain the weight back. Well chickies I have to go. I need to get the kids lunch started. And try to finish up my general tidings. See ya all later.
Old 02-26-2004, 10:35 AM   #13  

morning ladies!!!
all is good here today. went bowling last night (i think i'll have to refer to this as carbohydrate **** from now on) managed to stay op even thought the temptation was huge!!! pizza, beer, cake, chips, etc etc etc.
hope everyone is doing good. congrats on the 3lbs ellis!!! 40 days is a long time but i will hopefully manage look it's already 39 and counting down.
ruth i have thrown everything you can imagine into the wash by accident. walletts, money, crayons, papertowels, tisseu and they all maker 10x the work so don't be too tough on dh. how was the dream about spring??? i've been having my own lately can't wait to rework the front garden this year......i have plans of digging everything up and starting over it's time to split almost everything in my garden so i guess no timelike this year to give the whole thing a new look.
great job twrinkles!!! keep up the good work.
good luck on the washer jenny whatever company that makes it should give you a free one for the commercial you just did!!
have a great day everyone!!!
Old 02-26-2004, 10:35 AM   #14  

Morning Chicks!

We had a dusting of snow here in West GA; butthey still cancelled schools

Ellis: I survived the buffet. I ate the g beans, the mongolian beef which was mostly onions; some kinda chicken. I avoided the fried stuff and no rice.

2Bfit1 - My DH likes to create food too! Last night when I got home, he had created a stew in the crockpot. He basically took all the veggies, meat that was left over in refrig plus some out of the freezer and mixed it all together. It was actually good

MS24Gal : I am trying to stay OP too and have been struggling this week too. I think I switched too soon to Plan 2; I think I will restart Phase I this weekend too

Well gotta get to work ya'll have a good day! .
Old 02-26-2004, 11:13 AM   #15  
Reeling Reverend

Good morning, darlings!! MUCH better today, chiefly because I slept in past the time I was supposed to be at work. ladeeda... My dog kicked me in the face at 9:15, as if to say, Wake up, Mom. And I did, nearly had a heart attack because I was 15 minutes late for work and still in my birthday suit in bed. Ooops!

We went grocery shopping last night!! YEAH!! While we're now in debt as a result (I swear, DB thinks he can just throw things into the cart...) we have all friendly food in the house! Had my quiches I made last night this morning and packed some salami and LF cream cheese for lunch (mind you all of this was done in less than 1.7 minutes since I was so late this morning!)

I have a rediculous amount of work to pretend I'm doing while I'm really working on getting my business up and running again. Why? Why do I do this to myself? It's hard enough working 40+ hours a week... why do I need to start my business again? Sheesh.

Have a FANTABULOUS and OP day, chicks!!
Closed Thread