Support Groups - Chit Chat #32

View Full Version : Chit Chat #32

FrouFrou
02-25-2004, 11:10 PM
Welcome everyone,

We are a group of ladies who support each other through all of life's ups & downs, not just weight loss.

Won't you join us?

FrouFrou
02-25-2004, 11:16 PM
Thought I would go ahead and start the new thread ladies since we were right at 50 posts on #31. See ya ladies tomorrow. :wave: I am going to go hang some pictures I think. It is the easiest thing to do :)

Marti
02-26-2004, 01:31 AM
Evening ladies--

Thought I would finally stop by and say hello! :wave:

I did pretty good with what I ate for dinner...well maybe not, but my portions were ok... I had half a cup of soup, pb&j sandwhich and a boiled egg. Then I had James make some more salsa and that's where it all went down hill!! I can't stop at 1, or at 2...5,,,,,11...20,,,,.ok.... I went a little overboard! Good stuff. Went to visit with Shanna today and she kept asking me if I ate today....sounded just like my mother!! (teasing you Shanna!)

I was going to take my camera with me to take photos of her scrapbook... and I forgot!! She's got some great pages!! I love her Hawaii page!! Creative gal!

Kat--So good to hear from you!! Awwww...new love!! :love: How wonderful!! I'm happy for you! Always know a keeper when they accept you for who you are as is! And don't expect anything more. And congrats on the weight loss. :cp: I've been hanging on to mine like a life preserver....but some day I will set it free!! (hopefully)

Jana--I have to wait until she's 22 for her to not be embarrassed?? :fr: I don't think I will be able to wait that long!! She'll just have to deal with my ways!! I hope she doesn't have difficult teen years....only a few more years to go before she it's them!! :(

Angie--I was also one of those who watched 'big fax obnoxious fiance' some of those shows just pull me in...that one did. :yes: I liked the ending....did you realize he's on a commercial? I think for a Hungry Man dinner.....he was the one who said he had a water cressant tea sandwhich (or something like that) then get's blown away by a hair dryer.... I recognized him as soon as I saw him!!

Susan--Yep...still pondering :yes: ...actually I'm thinking more and more about it. I'm going to start some kind of routine on Monday. Walk around the neighborhood...may even drag my bike out and put the fender on the back....and just ride in the rain. :rain: The darn bike path is only blocks from my home!!!! I would use my taxes to buy shoes...but I have to pay this year!!! :yikes:

Cristi--Tell me how the FT goes for you...I'm feeling pretty guilty for having Jana send me the list and I have yet to use it!! :sorry: What is WRONG with me?? I feel like my head is full of things that I have to do and I can't keep up.......maybe someday.... :halfempty

Kayecee--Katie--Shanna---Hi to you girls.

Well I'm going to get off of here for the night...

You all take care...
Marti

da fat n da furious
02-26-2004, 01:48 AM
Ok Susan
I wasn't really ignoring your comment about Home Depot...ok yes I was but the thing is...*sob I have been BANNED from there!!! WAAAAAAAA By Monte that is...Gawd the people there love me,,,cha ching$$$$ I seriously can't go in there for any time under 1/2 I walk up and down the isle looking drooling over the tools...get me in the wood section and Im like a child in a candy store. OOO and the tiles...*gasp and paint OMG I love paint. No working at home depot is worse then clothes. I know that Monte knows that and so why press the point right? A girl can handle the stress for so long. And I bet their discount isn't all that great.....

I am joking,,,kinda I applied at Staples...and will apply at Winners tomorrow.
I did have my lunch...was great. Was asked to step in and trouble shoot for Mikado (Japanese Musical) And asked to do Kiss me Kate. That would push me into May/June I want to keep my marriage...so I said no. *gulp
Rehearsal went well tonight...I kinda am not acting like a SM,,,more like a director...but hey they seem to no mind my butting in.
Voice lessons went well, we found out that Etta James is too deep for me,,,so I am trying to go like Ella Fitzgerald. WAY COOL!
Anyways today I went to the dollar store and bought a couple of small laundry baskets. Then to Superstore and bought chicken wings and other stuff.
I made the most awesomest wings ever! I used the crock pot for a bit...cooked it nicely,,,only added salt and pepper. Then after it was cooked,,,I mixed up peanut butter, soya sauce, brown sugar, and more spices. I used the juices from the chicken cause it was thick and then I brushed it on the wings...broiled them. Had noodles cooking,,,frozen broccoli and carrots and TA DA Dinner!
And I got some organizing done. All the counters are cleared off,,,cleaned Tanners room,,,rearanged it...bag of too small clothes gone. Dusting done...washed the floors...all I have left is folding one load of laundry and vaccuum...feeling good...now if I could just get the office cleaned.
Well night all...
Angie

Jane
02-26-2004, 09:10 AM
Hiya ladies,

Angie - hope you get one of the jobs you applied for. I totally understand about Home Depot. We have a Lowe's close by, and I just love to look at all the cabinets, wallpaper, valances, seasonal stuff, etc. Your chicken wings sound de-lish! Here I was afraid you were turning into a total couch potato, and look how busy you've been!

Susan - I also have the Dr. Phil book. I need to re-read it like Cristi is. One thing I learned when I read it was, I thought I was mainly an emotional eater, but nooooo, I am a Habitual eater as well. If you notice, he recommends all the types of foods that WW FT has.

Cristi - your lighthouse border sounds real nice, and just right for a guy's bathroom. About the crackers, I had graham crackers in the morning with 1 T. peanut butter for breakfast almost everyday (still do), and I used saltines with my salads once in awhile, but preferred to wrap stuff in a tortilla. I'm not real big on granola bars, so I had cereal as a snack - carried over from a meal. Did I tell you that I added 1 fruit, 1 protein and 1 dairy each day? It gave me a little extra to hold me over. But I needed to lose about 100 pounds. That may not be a good idea for you....

Marti - well, maybe 18 or 19 for when Jhanai to not be embarrassed so much, lol. Did you know salsa is a free food at WW? I eat it mixed with scrambled eggs or on a baked potato and YUM! It is good! So have all the salsa you want, just be careful what you put it on.

Hi to the others...

Today I'm taking Mackenzie (Gina's dd) out for a birthday lunch. She turns 5 today, but we aren't having a party until Saturday. So I can't just let the day pass with nothing... She wants to go to McDonald's and I have planned into my points a hot ham and cheese w/honey mustard, NO mayo. And I have put an orange in my purse to give me something extra while she munches her chicken nuggets and french fries.

Plus I've got several errands to run first, so I better get cleaned up and out the door. Have a good day, ladies.

TTFN,
Jana

FrouFrou
02-26-2004, 02:19 PM
Well, I was going to say good morning ladies but by the time I finish typing and posting it will be noon or after so...good morning & afternoon.

Jana~hope you and Mackenzie have a GREAT BIRTHDAY lunch at McDonalds. A very HAPPY BIRTHDAY :balloons: :gift: :hb: to Mackenzie. And McDonalds in Indiana has hot ham & cheese sandwiches?? Sounds yummy :T :hun: Thanks for the tips, I did happen to buy graham crackers and some whole wheat crackers. I do like graham crackers with peanut butter also. Also, bought some granola bars, hopefully there will be some when I get ready to get one-kids like them to. I haven't tried salsa on a potato, yet! But I am going to, that and chili. I have heard both are really good. And having just a potato for lunch or dinner is enough food for me. Oh, the lighthouse border turned out perfect! It looks nice with the blue paint. And when I can post a picture of it I will-of course it is hard to take a picture of the whole bathroom but you can see the paint and border.

Angie~you sound like DH in Home Depot. :lol: That man can spend hours there. Me, I like to get what I went for and go. I love to look at the kitchens, wallpapers, blinds, valances and lamps after that I am ready to go. Maybe that would be a good job for you though. You are so crafty, you could do their demonstrations. You know the classes for painting, wallpapering, etc. That would be a cool job. Anyway, I hope you get the job you want. You have been one busy lady-geez! I am waiting for you over here to do my house next. ;) And your chicken sounds so good! :T :hun:

Marti~I am glad that you and Shanna live close to one another, that would be so nice if we all did. Yep, kids are funny. I always embarrassed mine, not intentionally, but I ALWAYS made them laugh, still do. And we had fun so it couldn't have been so bad. They know I am goofy :crazy: crazy is more like it. But man, show a little affection in front of anyone, especially their friends and watch out! :yikes: Well, with the boys anyway, DD didn't mind until now. I miss not giving them hugs and kisses before bedtime. So enjoy it while you can. I always tell people they are my babies. I don't care how old they get, they will always be my babies.

Hi Kayecee, Shanna, Katie, Kat & Susan:wave: hope you ladies are doing fine.

Okay ladies, on with the day. I ran some errands this morning trying to find our mail. We have one of those mail boxes, can't remember what the mailman called them. It's on the corner and has the whole blocks mail boxes. they just put in a new one but haven't started delivering mail to it yet. I don't really have anything that is a top priority today, just doing whatever. I do need to go over to the other house later and get a couple of boxes of things and a rug. Also put the trash cans away, unless they picked them up. May do a little cleaning while there. I need to vacuum, sweep, wipe the counters down, and that's about it. No more going down that dirt road. I can finally have a CLEAN car (mini-van, I call everything a car)! You ladies don't know how much that means to me, really. Okay, so I am a little weird. Anyway, take care ladies and have a FANTASTIC Thursday!

Mom2Gaby
02-26-2004, 02:29 PM
Good Morning to Everyone!!

I need to go back to bed. I have been on the go too much and starting to catch up with me.

Super, Jana!! Really neat that you are so OP ((see, I am leaning!! yahooo)) to venture into McDonalds even!! You truly inspire, a BIG thanks to you!!!

Still think you would be good @ Home Depot Angie!!! Pooh on Monte,......lol
Just think it would be a fun place for you to spend time at.Though Staples sounds like fun also.....love all the little office supplies!!

Cristi........how are you?? You sounded at loose ends yesterday, I hope today is a better one for you!! Get some rest!! Moving takes so much out of people.

Marti....Hi. Bike riding sounds like fun. You are brave to do that. I really don't want my fat @ss to be hanging over the seat.....lol. Salsa is ok, isn't it?? Fat free and all?? I love salsa.......

Katie......are you ever coming home???? I will chim in saying Carmel sounds like a lovely place to live or visit!!

Shanna.......are you feeling better??? I hope so. :)

I am reading Dr.Phil. I probably have to read it over again just to make sure I haven't missed anything. Certainly think he makes a lot of sense.
Not real sure what he is thinking having that family on his show though!!!! VERY painful to watch......keeping that family, especially the mom....lol , in my prayers......

Best get a short nap so I can get my walk in........

TTYL :)

Jane
02-26-2004, 04:53 PM
Just poppin in with a note - NO, McDonald's here does not have hot ham and cheese. :no: I was going by the restaurant list from Dotti's so I could plan my points, and it was listed on that. So I get there, and the kid says they don't have ham and cheese. You'd be so proud of me... I ordered a hamburger. A regular hamburger. No cheese. No double anything. Just a hamburger. I ate that, and had my orange, and was fine. :cp:

BBL,
Jana

Marti
02-26-2004, 06:59 PM
Afternoon ladies--

Ok...I'm going to join Shanna with the stress :stress: of not getting extensions and all.....I made my phone calls and they told me the paper work is in the process.....In the process of what?! :?: Very frustrating. :halfempty And so I'm going to go a week or two with no money coming in from me....At least I hope it's only a couple weeks!

I feel so extremely :stress: stressed :stress: at the moment. So much so that on my way home, I passed an accident on the freeway...some car was overturned in the center medium, the ambulance was there and all...everyone looked ok but I started tearing up :cry: just seeing it....feeling all guilty for being upset with my life and here is someone elses life in an accident!! (I thought PMS stopped once your week was over!!) :lol:

Anyway......I feel like everything is coming at me at once...the lack of employment, the money not coming in, the court hearing for the divorce, then getting married. As odd as that all sounds! :dizzy: I want to be married in a joyous environment not a stressed out one! GEESH!!

Ok....my whining is over. Had to let it out.

I will do individuals later...this is longer than expected. You all take care...I have HOMEWORK to deal with!

Marti

FrouFrou
02-26-2004, 09:58 PM
Hello Ladies :wave:

Marti~(((((HUGS))))) to you. :grouphug: I wish there was something I could do, but please know we are here for you to vent when you feel the need. I know when I am down and out I try to think of others who are worse off. I know this doesn't get the bills paid but it eases the stress somewhat, for me anyway. And don't ever feel guilty, we all go through times where we get stressed out about things. I always feel things will work out in the end, you just gotta have faith. Sending you some good vibes :goodvibes: that everything turns out fine-which I know it will. About the PMS-hey I am all teary eyed and emotional the week before and the week after TOM. :yikes: It drives me crazy sometimes. :crazy:

Jana~no hot ham and cheese at McDonalds?! That was sounding good today. We are proud of you-a hamburger is only 6 pts. right? I can't remember, but if that is correct that is not bad at all. You did good! :cp: I have been known to order a happy meal for myself at times. That way I don't overdo it when I do eat there. Well, I hope you and Mackenzie had a fun time.

Susan~ I am feeling fine, yesterday I was just tired of this mess and quit, but then I was bored, really bored. I love Dr. Phil's book, and show. For a while there I was kind of burnt out by him but I am slowly liking the show again. I like that he is trying to help families get their lives in order. I love bike riding, now I can actually ride my bike. We lived on a dirt road before and it wasn't a good idea. I don't care if my big booty hangs over the seat, what I don't like is where that little skinny seat goes. I haven't gotten on that thing in such a long time because I haven't found a bigger seat, again don't care if I am hanging over but this seat is just waaaaaay too skinny, and pointed! :yikes:

To EVERYONE else Hi! :)

Just wanted to check in to see how everyone's day went. Take care ladies :grouphug:

da fat n da furious
02-26-2004, 10:01 PM
Cristi I like the lighthouse theme...if you have counters in the bathroom,,,check out little dollar stores and pick up lil nick nacks like sea shells and seagulls..go with the theme....
Jana,,,ya I am proud of you for staying in line at McDonalds...geesh I was there and had the Thursdays deal,,,2 cheese burgers. I bet McKenzie will remember you taking her for lunch like that. You are a WONDERFUL Grandma
Susan...I know I would be good at Home Depot...Ill have to wait till the one is built in my neighbourhood...ooooo the paint.
Marti...Big hugs. Sometimes life seems to be a heavy burden to bare. I always say,,,and next month I will loook back on this and think I got throu it...and so will you.
well Im off to watch tv and read...
later
Angie

Mom2Gaby
02-27-2004, 12:40 AM
Hi to everyone this evening!! :wave:

{{{MARTI}}} I am sorry for the stress :stress: you are under.Take care, maybe a hot bath to soak in??? Maybe some soft :dance: music playing?? Maybe scented candles flickering to provide :flame: light??? Maybe James handing you a towel as you get out of the tub?? :love:

lol.........I have a romance :nono: novel in me, I just know it!!!

What are you reading Angie??There was a Home Depot built 3/4 miles down the road from me. I have never been in a HD my self but here they are really great! You WOULD be a natural there!
Thanks SO much for Rebecca's :gift: package!! Came in the mail today.Can I have the nail polish?? lol ......Didn't know they came in other colors....j/k

YAY- Jana!!! :burger: :burger: :burger: Doing so good, very happy for you.

Cristi- Hi,you sound better today.Very brave :dancer: :fr: lady to get on a bike.I NEED to do that also.....would love to ride out in the country, sounds very peaceful.

Kayecee- Hi. I forgot you earlier, sorry! How was your day? :goodvibes :goodvibes

I was just popping in. I need to get back to work. I had a good day, though I didn't make the walk.I know.........1000 lashes for me. I just took a nap and that felt so good!! So, tomorrow I will get back to walking. Look forward to the day I get my treadmill and hoping that will make it easier to get a walk in.....
I did have scrambled eggs for breakfast and 2 tuna salads , plus some fruit, plus that darn water.....close to 100oz's today.
I get paid in the morning!!! :dancer: I want my Advantage shake back!!!

OH......it might be at all Sear stores. There is a sale until Saturday for Reebok athletic shoes....50% off!! 59.99 down to 29.99, plus a coupon for another $10 dollars off!! So, we are down to 19.99 for 59.99 shoes!! Isn't that the greatest!!??? :cheer:
I thought so.......can't wait.

You all have a good night!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Jane
02-27-2004, 09:05 AM
Good morning ladies,

Susan - aww, thanks for your kind words. I like Dr. Phil's show too, but it comes on right when we eat supper, and we always eat together at the kitchen table. Why not record it, you say? Because we can't get it with satellite, only rabbit ears, and I can never get it to record that way!! Wow, that is a good deal on the Reeboks! Once you get those AND the dreadmill, er, treadmill, AND the jogging stroller, you will be busy all the time!

Marti -((((( HUGS )))) to you!! Hope you are feeling better today! Take a few deep breaths and think this over: planning the wedding will be fun, and the court thing will be over before you know it. Also, school will be out for the semester soon. Then you will be free to look for a full time job. Why not find a part-time one now... some money coming in is better than no money. And you always have us for support. We are your "sisters" and care about you and want you to vent here anytime you feel the need.

Cristi - Dotti lists a McD's hamburger at 6.5, so that's how I counted it, lol. Which was 1.5 less than a ham and cheese anyway. So I had a slice of bread and tad of Country Crock with supper last night. Gotta get those points in, lol. OMG - I have a bike in the shed and haven't ridden it in eons! I used to just love the feeling of riding - it made me feel like a kid again. I found a bigger seat for mine at Walmart a long time ago. But if they don;t have them anymore, try on-line - maybe you'll find one there. Btw - I am really happy for you not having a dirt road to deal with anymore. The roads out here aren't dirt, but they sure are messy anyway! My van doesn't stay clean very long.

Angie - thanks for what you said! I do try my very best to be a good Grandma. It is worth it, too, when the kids see me and run to me with outstretched arms. I get a feeling in my chest when I see them that sometimes I think my heart will burst and truly brings tears to my eyes. I don't know what I did without them!

Kat - you have a birthday right around the corner, and we would like to send cards to you! If you PM me your address, I'll PM it to the rest of the JLs, okay?

For those of you who may not know - Dotti's is Dotti's Weight Loss Zone and her main page has all kind of links, especially for WW. This includes a list of restaurants and their points that goes on and on and on. Very helpful! She lost a boatload of weight, and has a huge following on her message boards. But I still like 3FC the best!

I have a dentist appointment today - time for my 6 months cleaning. Even for that, I always hate to go. He is a real nice guy, but something about the dentist's office makes me want to run the other way.

Have a good one - I'll tryto BBL,
Jana

Marti
02-27-2004, 10:58 AM
Good Morning ladies--

Well today is a new day :df: and I'm going to try and put my worries on the back burner for now. James was trying to tell me not to worry. And he's praying that he gets this job with the RailRoad...if he does, he told me not to even worry about finding a job unless I want to! That man just amazes me at times. I'm not used to someone who cares about me that much!! (I know...we've been together five years...but still!)

So---I will try to relax a little. Thank you all for the hugs! Heres one back at you all! :grouphug:

Let's see..I will try to catch up a little before I leave for school.

Jana--You did fabulous with the McD's outing!! I'm very proud of you and I look at you as an inspiration!! I'm hoping some of your willpower will rub off onto me! :) Keep up the great work....and send some of that motivation my way!!

Cristi--I can totally understand what you're saying about a dirt road!! James & I lived up a dirt road up in the hills and the first things I did when we moved in was wash the car!! Then I did my happy dance :cb: about not having to see the dirt cover it as soon as I drove out of my driveway!! So I know EXACTLY how you feel!! Isn't if funny how it's the little things that make us happy??

Angie--Your chicken dinner sounded yummy!! :T I have yet to get creative with food. That's James' department. Give me a recipe and then I'll do ok. :D What's for dinner tonight?!

Susan--Bike riding is great for the butt!! :yes: Even though you're sitting on it!! And fantastic on the thighs! I used to ride up this mountain with my ex years ago...every other day he had to go bike...and he "dragged" :dizzy: me with him. We would go almost 50miles each time!! I used to whine about it until I realized that he was pulling our daughter in a trailer!! Plus...my back side was looking pretty good. And no one is going to think to look at your butt when you're riding! When I see someone heavy riding...My thoughts are "boy I wish I had that motivation to get out and ride"

Does anyone have a motivation pill!?!? I could really use one...or two! :smug:

Hello to Shanna, Katie, & Kat!! :wave:

I need to get ready for school. Take care everyone!!

Marti

Mom2Gaby
02-27-2004, 12:44 PM
Whoa..............

Painting Gabrielle's nails and the fumes must be getting to me.

Marti-I thought you wrote "bike riding is great for the butt.........even though you are sh*&^ing on it"......of course you meant *sitting* on it.....ahh, that makes sense also!!! lol

Oh,wait..........Gab pooped,maybe it is those fumes that are geting to me, or a mixture of both????

I will look for a good bike to buy. I just don't want to be out there with the traffic, I need a quite street or country road.You do feel it in the backside when you walk the inclines. I do have 4 pretty good ones on my 2.7 mile loop.Also, the park close by is pretty hilly.

I guess I just don't like the idea of my hair getting messy???? Wanna look good for any available guy I might pounce upon.....mean come upon....lol

Rebecca is excited about starting some scrapbooking......I need to go pick up my check!! My taxes are mailed out today!! From Fresno??? How long will that take to get to me?? Figure next Wednesday at the latest.

Weigh day tomorrow!!! ugh...........155, fingers crossed!!! I had 2 fried eggs this morning......yuk....getting tired of eggs.

Best get.

Hope you all have a good day!! :)

da fat n da furious
02-27-2004, 01:18 PM
Did anyone watch Operah the other day when she had these people who made millions on an idea or well jackpot in Vegas? The lady who started the unbearable stores was on...anyone been there? At Christmas I saw one and spent hours in there...lol Monte came and met up with me for lunch and found me in there...then we spent longer in there cause he was intrigued. Plus all the clothes fit Skittles...lol Thats what I will do today Ill go buy her a new outfit,,shes look pretty glum. jogging outfit or tinkerbell?

Jana, Just the way you wrote about how it feels to have the kids running at you with outstretched arms made me choke up. Its all about the little things...

Katie,,,,I did something crazy...I accidently deleted your address...could you send it to me again? This time Ill write it in my book

Marti good advice from James...don't worry. I had a bike once...years ago,,,rode it once...Had a great time,,,till the next day when I couldnt' sit...but I told Monte I want to go to a pawn shop and buy another one,,,cause I did get rid of the other one when we moved.

Susan....yes the nail polish is yours...I find I just don't paint my nails anymore...luckily those weren't all dried up. I had checked before sending them to you. I was waiting for you to mention my packing style...lol
Well I got my T4 yesterday so I can drop off my tax stuff and then wait....*nail biting

ttfn
Angie

SqueakMouse
02-27-2004, 01:49 PM
Well, it is 9:30 and I am still in my PJ'S. Gees!! Depression and stress is not a good fashion statement!!! Still haven't gotten a job, not even one phone call for an interview. I don't know what the deal is. I do have good news though. I recieved my acceptance letter into the Dental Assisting program that starts in the Fall. Of course now I have to find the money to get an eye exam, get CPR certified, etc, etc. Before the May orientation. But if I can work and still go to school full time, I will be working as a Dental Assistant by next Summer. Yippee. I am soo excited, but stressed at the same time. Having absolutely no money is scary. I literally have 500 dollars to my name right now. I have never been in such bad shape, money wise or wieght wise. My hope is some miracle will happen and when I get a job, the weight may come off easier since I will actually be doing something regularly. Who knows, But I hope, since when I was working at Sony those twelve hour days, even when I wasn't exercising, I still maintained a smaller wieght. Oh the depression in it all. I just feel like sitting in my pajamas for the next three days and sleeping this bad stuff off. Of course I am a clean freak and cannot go that long with out a shower or something. Which is the only reason I do not have such a good time camping. I am just too cleanly of a person. Anywho, I digress.... :dizzy: :dizzy:

Kayecee: Where are you girly?? Are you running scared that I posted a pic and now the pressure is on you to get yours up here??? Or are you gettin your picture taken as we speak to wow us all in the next couple of days when we gaze upon your Arkansas beauty?? I choose to think this is the case. I would hate to think you are a scaredy cat. :s:

Marti: I feel your pain girl, we can cry in our poor misery together. Or maybe we can start our own scrapbooking business to rake in the dough? That would be awesome. Charge people a certain amount( alot ) to do there scrapbooks for them. I get working on the plans now, or maybe after that shower. I am here for you girl, and you know that misery loves company. :D

Jana: I am soo envious of your self control at Mcdonalds. That is so great of you to just have a hamburger. I rarely go to fast food places, but when I go there, I always have the cheeseburger happy meal, that way I figure I don't get that much food, but I can enjoy it and get a toy. My boyfriend makes fun of me though. I just wish they still put the happymeals in those boxes like when I was a child, instead of the boring paper sacks. I feel sad about that, but the toy and food usually cheers me up. I do feel great that I rarely eat fast food though, I can't remember the last time I did, which is good, less temptation I suppose. Anywho I hope you and the sweeties had a good time.

Susan: I have the same fear as you when I go bike riding. I am afraid that everyone is looking at my huge *** hanging over the edge of those little, teeny, tiny bicycle seats. I usually wear a over-sized shirt that I think covers the butt region and hope for the best. I also wear over sized shorts too, since I hate that up the butt riding of the underwear and the riding up of the shorts onto by huge thighs. As you can see, going for a bike ride for me is a big production, I plan carefully. Of course I also know in the back of my mind that no one is really looking at me at all, since I am mostly a blur as I whiz by on the trail. But, I gotta be me, even if it is a neurotic freak. :lol: :dizzy: And to answer your early question, I am not feeling any better. Now to add to my stress headaches, I now have to take numerous trips to the bathroom, because my stomach and intestines are having an arguement. Not good. Dare this stress. Anywho, .............

To everyone I missed, Cristi, katie, angie, etc, I hope your weekend is going to go swell and you are doing great as we type.
Shanna sign off and stops babbling. Next scene............... Shower time

FrouFrou
02-27-2004, 02:14 PM
Hi ladies~

Not a whole lot going on with me this morning. I slept in this morning till 10. Not sure what I am doing today. I went online last night trying to find anything nautical with no luck. I really like the bathroom but don't have anything that goes with it. I have a bowl of seashells and that is it. Of course when I wasted looking for anything nautical I saw it everywhere-now nothing. I did happen upon art.com and they have some beautiful prints of lighthouses, looking for other stuff though. I am going to try and hang some pictures on the wall going down into the basement. I did a wall of pictures in the other house in the upstairs hallway and I am going to do the same here.

Marti~glad to hear you are feeling better this morning. I'm glad you have such a sweet, loving BF-soon to be husband. :love: That always helps when you have the support of your honey. And I know things will work out in the end. :grouphug:

Jana~I have visited Dotties site a few times and got A LOT of useful info before I had joined WW. I bought the food guides at a WW meeting, even the one for eating out. I need to pull those out again and keep them handy. Haven't started the FT yet, waiting for Monday to weigh in. I want to see how much I lose in one week following it. You sound like a GREAT grandma! What a feeling huh? I get that feeling when my nieces and nephews run up to me. I don't see them that often and sometimes wonder if they remember who I am, and they do of course. I don't think I am ever going to be a grandma. My youngest son told me the other day he will go adopt a baby so I can be a grandma. :lol: RIGHT!! he doesn't want to get married for a while. Don't see DD getting married or DS#1 for a very long time, if at all.

Angie~I don't watch Oprah much, just catch it once in a while. I would love to be on one of her shows where she gives away all that stuff! I've never heard of the unbearable stores. What are they?

Susan~I had eggs this morning also. I haven't had any in a while and they tasted really good! :T Eggs and a banana. I am trying to add fruit to every meal. Doesn't always work, but I am trying. Now I need to work on the water drinking. Tuna salad is sounding good. Hey, you can't beat $59 shoes for $19-I too would be getting them. Polish and poop, huh? nuff said. :lol:

Well, ladies I need to jump in the shower and get started with my day. Hi to you other ladies, Kat, Katie, Shanna & Kayecee. TTFN

FrouFrou
02-27-2004, 02:30 PM
Shanna~guess you were posting as I was writing my novel. :lol: (((((HUGS))))) to you also. I can only imagine what you and Marti are going through. I know everything will work out for you both. CONGRAT'S on the schooling, I am so HAPPY for you! The dental profession is a good one to get into. Here's to a miracle for both you and Marti. :wizard: :lucky: I too order Happy Meals from time to time, and we do get them in the box! :lol: DD ALWAYS gets a Happy Meal also any and every time we go to McDonalds. For years she also ordered from the childs menu, not because of money but because the portion size was perfect for her. And for a while she did it until one dreaded day someone said how old are you?? :o Well, you can't order from the childs menu if you are over 11 years of age. She was 13 at that time. So she quit ordering from the childs menu. :( She's 20-years-old. Anyway, :blah: :blah: :blah: I am just babbling now. Can you tell I don't want to take a shower and get to work? :D

Have a GREAT day ladies! :)

Mom2Gaby
02-27-2004, 04:34 PM
Just looking in and decided to say hello!!!

Long production to get the girls off for school. Gaby's toes painted, ((very cute, looks so dainty!!!!)) I had to go back to get my check, chit chat with my boss, who I never see......because I get there at 6pm and he leaves at 5pm.Go to the bank, cash the check.
Go shopping for salad stuff.........picked up some beets, thought of Angie.,,lol.

Made the tuna salad, ate the tuna salad.

Changed Gaby.........she didn't pooh earlier....this time it was the REAL thing.

SOOOOO, now we are going to get my walking shoes!!!!

Oh, yes,..........the way Angie packaged the package
*rolling eyes*........first had to get the scissors and hack a way for a while. She used some cereal box???? some crispy food??? I forget.....but just shoved the goodies in between and taped away..........like a taco, because you could see the contents in the little slit where the box didn't reach to shut it completely...........lol
Very funny.

A for EFFORT Ang!!! Becky loves all the goodies, thanks :)

Marti & Shanna.........keeping you in my prayers!! An answer will come, try not to worry, just not worth it.:)

Hi to you all..........better get busy.

Mom2Gaby
02-28-2004, 12:56 AM
Good Evening!! :dance:

I wish some of you were around!! I am just waiting to clock out and go get Gabrielle for the night.

I did do some reading on the other threads.Ventured :fr: into the scrapbooks & crafty one.

OMG..........there is Shanna!! VERY pretty!! I am sorry I missed it earlier. I love your hair do!! I so need to do something with mine. You look very nice, I am sorry you are under so much stress.
Also, forgot to say CONGRATS :cheer: on the dental assistant acceptance.......is thats what it is called?? Total moran here...lol

I like eggs :chicken: too Cristi but after a few days it wears down on me.I use to eat a lot of apples but the price is kind of high, I guess me fave on that is Gala.
I don't really care for a big breakfast. I think the Advntage shake & a :cb: banana suits me fine.With payday today I get that tomorrow!! Can't wait.
My main meal is probably lunch and dinner is usually a tuna salad.

and of course the on going water intake............though with time it gets easier.

I bought my shoes!! YAY me. I love a bargain. I knew more about the coupon then the salesperson.He said I was short because your purchase has to be $25 to use the $10 off coupon...........mine of course was $59.99, 50% off.....$29.99.....so I am over $25............DUH.....he was rather impressed with my savings!! $40!!! I love the shoes.........

So besides weight loss I struggle with the kids. Gabys father called last night and was asking to see her. I said no.
He is a recovering drug :smoking: addict, he has never paid child support.
He doesn't know where I live......he STILL thinks there is a chance we will get back together,,,,,,,,

Last night though after I was firm :nono: about going through the courts for visitation he bacame upset and said...."Screw you, :nono: You F-ing B**&&^^".....and hung up......whoa.......I don't think he likes me. I just don't like the man.If he took her for a visit and didn't bring her back there is nothing in place that I am the custodial parent......
So, I am going to have to get a lawyer and get this stuff done. Can't sit here like a sitting :mouse: duck ((I KNOW it is a mouse but there are no ducks...lol)).Not that I am too worried about him having 2 cents to rub together and file any papers on his own....lol *rolling eyes*........

Gaby is a doll!! I will try and get some pictures this weekend to share of all my girls, they really are sweet,sassy kids.

Best get back to work!

:bb: :bb: :bb: :bb: :bb: :bb: :bb: :bb: :bb: :bb: :bb: :bb: :bb:

da fat n da furious
02-28-2004, 02:44 AM
Shanna, congrats on the acceptance into school....
Cristi, a cool way to get a nautical look too is just to get some cheap pic frames...paint them blue, and hand paint a nautical symbol on them...ancor or starfish. And then you can either have some pics from the internet that you have printed out or...use greeting cards that have a nautical look about them.
You can glue white rope along the edges of one frame...glue shells to another.
Susan...well now...my packing is an art....wouldn't you agree?..lol I admit I was chuckling over what you were going to be thinking when you got it. BTW thats my fav cereal...5 grain cheerios. And well Skittles too.
I watched Missing tonight...WOW going to watch it again tomorrow.
Well night all
Angie

Jane
02-28-2004, 10:39 AM
Hiya ladies,

Marti - glad you are feeling better today! Hope James gets the job with the RR. Things usually do work out, though, don't they?

Susan - g/l with weigh in today! You have been doing real well, so I bet you will see a loss. I don't blame you for keeping Gaby from your ex until he gets clean. Too many bad things could happen to your little sweetie. Way to go on the shoes!

Angie - your ideas for the picture frames are so cool! I wouldn't have ever thought of that.....I think you mean Build A Bear, and yes, that woman is making a fortune! Did you see the guy driving the Butt Mobile? We get the cream for the twins from a relative in New Orleans and didn't know you can buy it at Walmart now!

Shanna - a big CONGRATS on being accepted in the Dental School! That is a good thing to get into, moneywise.

Cristi - did you check out JCPenney Home Store for nautical ideas? The last time I was there they had a bunch of it, but I don't know if they still do or not. Personally, I like Angie's ideas.

Ok - here it is: my weigh in shows a loss of 2 1/4 pounds today!! I just love it!! Today we are going to a birthday party for the 5 y/o dgd I told you about. The good news is, I don't really like store-bought cake so that won't be a problem.

There weather here is going to be close to 60 today and so I plan to be outside as much as possible. Then, one of my sisters and her DH are coming over to play Blitz tonight and I am looking forward to that.

Be good!
Jana

Mom2Gaby
02-28-2004, 04:13 PM
Good Morning!!!

Almost noon here in Portland.

CONGRATS, Jana!!!! WOW..........on the weight loss, must feel SO great!!!!

Really , super proud of you and I get a lot of inspiration from your weight loss story!! Thanks :)

My ex??? Oh, the sprem donor??? lol........I don't think we were really ever together in a *true* relationship.We did live together for 8 months while I was pregnant, thinking we would make an effort to make it work.Getting pregnant though is no reason to think you should have to do that.
He was clean for a short time but started up again and lied and just caused basic stress.
When Gaby was born in Feb.2002 I already knew I was going to leave him....actually knew before that.He was a mess. I moved out in May 2002 and got a grant through AFS because they considered it an abusive situation.So, that was a God send.
Anyway, long story short is I would never look to him to help raise Gaby.I just kind of wish he would give up all rights.

Rebecca won her basketball game!!! Yahooo, she did super!!! Rachel has a game later on today.

Great frame idea Angie!!!:) Such a crafty kind of chick!! lol........I am going to my Home & Garden show this evening. Guess that makes me the fertilizer chick???

Ok..........drum roll, please!!!! I lost 1 pound this week!! Weighed in at 155!! Making it 7.5 for the month of Feb. Feel good about getting to 150 by my birthday.

Whew,,,,,,,that was a close call. Getting on the scale feels like pulling the slot machine and waiting for the numbers to settle in....lol Kind of amazed I lost anything, considering all the eggs I was eating...lol....tasted good though.

Ok.........going to get these girls to the beauty shop for trims.

Hope you all are having a good Saturday!!!

Katiecat
02-28-2004, 06:11 PM
I don't know what happened....I posted this morning and it disappeared? :?: Sheesh...and I was trying to catch up with you guys...practically wrote a book...maybe I posted it to the wrong thread?

Jane
02-28-2004, 06:30 PM
Katie - I checked your history, thinking that if you got it on the wrong thread I could move it for you, but the last thread you posted here at 3fc was at Carmel when you were on vacation.... guess the post is out there floating around in cyberspace somewhere, lol. Anyway, so glad to see you!! You'll have to tell us what's been going on, okay?

Susan - YAY for you, losing the 1 pound. At your small weight, that is a huge accomplishment. It's a lot easier for someone like me who has so much to lose. Sounds like you have a couple of real ball players in Rebecca and Rachel!

I did fine at the party - I had a piece of pizza, and a salad, as planned.
But no cake and ice cream! Instead, I took one of the twins into the game room and just stayed away from it.

BBL,
Jana

Katiecat
02-28-2004, 06:43 PM
I've looked and looked and can't find it. Maybe I only hit "preview" instead of "submit". *sigh*

Anyway, last weekend was wonderful -- I have every other Friday off (work 9 hour days), and managed to get Monday the 23rd off at the last minute so we were looking for something inexpensive and spur-of-the-moment. Monterey is about 3 1/2 hours away, so off we went. We saw all kinds of wild creatures at the Monterey Bay Aquarium -- sharks, sea turtles, otters, octopus, sea dragons...it was a blast. And we walked and walked and walked. We window shopped all along Cannery Row, and walked and walked and walked.

Carmel, about 4 miles from Monterey, is beautiful, full of quirky little shops and galleries and fairy tale cottages -- and we walked and walked some more :) No wonder I bargained with Tim for a foot rub! We watched the sun set over the ocean, magical...

Carmel is very dog-friendly, you ladies who have canine friends would love it :D Lots of shops and even restaurants let you bring your dog. Doris Day owns a hotel that serves an afternoon tea, and they encourage people to bring their dogs. We ate at a cool place called Forge in the Forest; they have an outdoor dining area, and they actually have a MENU for dogs -- everything from a bowl of kibble to "Very Good Dog" which is sliced sirloin :lol: We daydreamed about buying a place there, maybe if we win the lotto! The *least* expensive place we saw for sale in the paper was about...$890,000. A cozy little vacation retreat :yikes: Of course, the place Tim liked best with a tiled fountain in the courtyard, ocean views, and a Spanish tile roof was about 2.9 million.

Then I came back to work and to reality. We had horrible storms this week --pouring rain and wind gusts up to 70 miles an hour, knocking down power poles and uprooting trees. We had mandatory overtime all week (I work for the electric company). Wednesday I worked 8:45 am to 9:15 pm. I managed to log on here and read about all that's going on in your lives, but was just too darn tired to post. Fortunately, this weekend is sunny and nice :sunny:

Well, in my earlier post, I tried to catch up with each one of you individually, but now my dear hubby is waiting to get back on the puter and play his current game, so I'll try to pop back on later. Take care!

Mom2Gaby
02-28-2004, 06:53 PM
Hi Jana & Katie,

Sorry, Katie!! Thats the bunk to spend time writing a long post only for it to be lost in cyberspace!! Maybe it is on a time delay??? lol Trying to be helpful.Hope you are safely home now??

Pizza sounds yummy,Jana!!! I ate some spaghetti from last night, I made it with wheat pasta.

On the 1 pound loss. I will admit I tried half butt this last week. I only managed 1 walk in!! I can't believe that but didn't want to get wet.....lol
I will get back on track with a new goal to work on ,and my birthday means a lot to me ,so will be pumped to do better.

I know after Gaby was born I lost from 170 down to 150 and couldn't budge from there. I wasn't exercising or drinking a lot of water like I am now, so hope that will make a difference.I hope. Would like to be 140ish again!!

Rebecca made a really super shot today in the game! She tries so hard and I got misty eyed.She reminds me of a deer caught in the headlights of a car on court.......lol, she has long arms and looks willowy.Very sweet girl.

Rach is more of a natural.

Anyway,working on my resume at the moment, so better get back to that.

TTYL..........

fropvd
02-28-2004, 07:57 PM
One address coming up Jana. ;)

Susan,
Where do you live? I have a nice mountain bike I would like to sell. I haven't used it in about three years now, so its just collecting dust. I put folding side racks on it so you can use it for errands...each "saddlebag" rack will hold a standard paper grocery bag when opened. I put an extra wide seat on it when I purchased it, so its not as rough on the tuchus as the standard skinny seats. I would sell it for $100 plus actual shipping. :)

I'll have to post more later as my kiddo is bugging me to take her to the mall (or is that "maul"?) for a bit. I'll get in some walking time while I'm up there.

Marti
02-28-2004, 10:24 PM
Hello ladies--

I browsed on here earlier and with all this weight loss I had to get on the scale even though I was doing it on Mondays...and see if I've done any damage.....

One whole pound!! :encore: Seeing 149 on the scale was "amazing" to me!! I didn't think I would ever see the 140's again!! :no: I've been sitting on 150 for MONTHS!! But I'm going to work on it even more now that I've actually made a small loss.(One pound is one pound right!) It's a bit of a motivation right there. I would like to lose at LEAST 5lbs. before March 24th....do ya think that's attainable if I REALLY work on it?? :dizzy:

But as I said before I plan on walking around the neighborhood rain :rain: or shine. :sunny: A block or two if it's a down pour, around town if it's nice. (hee-hee,,,that's the plan anyway...)

ALSO---to make things feel even better for me...I finally got ahold of someone yesterday to give me more detail about the extensions for students...and I should have everything fixed by next week, and they will reimburse me for the week I'm not getting paid. So nice to speak to a friendly person!!

Whew!! Is all I can say. So I can say that I'm doing much better than a couple days ago.

Ok...I will do individuals tomorrow...I need to go and have fun doing Mad Libs with Jhanai.

Take Care!!

Marti

FrouFrou
02-28-2004, 10:28 PM
Hi Ladies~

Man I am pooped. Too much stuff to do and not enough time in the day. But then what else is new??

Susan & Jana~CONGRAT'S on your losses once again!!! :cp: :cb: :bravo: You ladies are doing an awesome job getting that weight off. WTG I hope to join you in your losses next week.

Jana~good job on passing up the birthday cake. I don't know if I could have passed on the cake and ice cream. Have fun playing Blitz tonight, by the way what is Blitz?? I don't think I have heard of it before-or I am so tired my brain is not working. :shrug: I did check out JC Penneys for nautical stuff because I thought that is where I saw some. No luck, or online anyway. I am going to have to get out and hit some stores next week. I found stuff for a bedroom, lamps but not what I am looking for. I am really not sure what it is I am looking for but will know when I see it.

Angie~thanks for the great ideas! :thanks: I had thought about the rope on a frame, but again I am not sure that is what I am looking for. Call me lazy but I don't want to do any crafty things right now. I want to take the easy way out and buy something. But :thanks: you are so creative, I am telling you, you should go work at a Michaels, Hobby Lobby etc. teach some craft classes, you would be so good, even Home Depot ;)

Katie~so glad to see ya posting, sorry about the lost post. For a while I was losing posts and it was driving me :crazy: I figured out what I was doing. When you sign in, where it says 'remember me' I was taking the check off. Now I leave it checked and I haven't had any problems. Who would have thought something so simple could be such a pain? :dunno: Anyway, glad to hear you had agrand time in Montery/Carmel. That is some place I too would live if I ever became rich. :D Do they still have the Merry-go-round there? The kids loved that, well so did I. :lol: It is BEAUTIFUL though.

Susan~can't wait to see a photo of you little darlings. If they look anything like you, they are cutie pies! You crack me up, my friend also calls her ex "the sperm donor" :lol: she has three boys and has been in the middle of an ugly divorce for almost two years now. It started out fine, they were friendly towards one another. Then turned sour when the ex (the sperm donor) got a girlfriend, a young girlfriend. The girlfriend is telling him what he 'needs' to do with the house, child support and kids and all. Of course now he is almost totally out of the picture because the girlfriend moved to Arkansas and told him it was her or the kids. Well, he chose her and moved to Arkansas. It's a mess, unfortunately the kids are the ones who will get hurt in all this. :high: to Rebecca for winning her game. How did Rachel do with her game?

Kat~nice to see you posting. We have missed you around here lady.

Hi to Miss Marti, Shanna, & Kayecee. :wave:

Well, ladies I guess I best be going. I want to go and relax in front of the telly for a while, see if I can find a good movie on. If I weren't in my pjs I would go rent one. Take care ladies and I hope EVERYONE is having a great weekend.

FrouFrou
02-28-2004, 10:41 PM
Hiya Marti :wave: guess we were posting at the same time, or I took too long to post. I didn't see you were on when I was. Glad to hear about you finally talking to someone. I knew things would work out for ya. ;) CONGRAT'S on your loss this week also! And YES you are right, a pound is a pound. I will have to send you this poem/saying about a pound so that when you say a pound is a pound you will think of it in the same light as the person who wrote that. Actually, I will just post it here, have to find it first. WTG :cp: :bravo: :cb: Take care. :)

fropvd
02-29-2004, 12:39 AM
I'm back...at least for a few minutes. :) I'm absolutely exhausted because I stayed up much too late last night chatting with my sweetheart. *grin*

The scoop is that my daughter and I joined one of those 30 min circuit training gyms and have been going 3-4 times per week. She really likes it and goes to town, which heartens me. Its fun to have a steady workout partner and I like the congeniality at the gym. In two weeks I've now lost 3 lbs and shaved a half inch off of my waist and hips. :D I'm shooting for a 20 lb loss by the end of April.

While we were at the mall I went lingerie shopping. I found some very pretty bras and managed to find some panties of the same colour. My ex never liked lingerie (go figure), but I do...its also nice to have on hand because Anthony DOES like lingerie (would you believe he calls them "dainties"?). It'll be quite some time before anything amorous is likely to occur, but I want pretty underthings to wear when the time comes.

Jane
02-29-2004, 09:10 AM
Katie - OMG! Your visit to Carmel sounds so wonderful. I am going to put that on my list of places to go when Neal retires. He and I want to travel some, and that place sounds so beautiful. Go ahead and buy a house there so we'll have some place to stay when we get there, lol!! Get the one with the tiled fountain, dahling!

Kat - I sent PMs to all the JLs with your addy. Thanks for that. Glad to hear you and DD are going to the gym. I am thinking about joining the Y - Katie said she will go with me if I do. Anthony sounds so sweet! About the "dainties" I just love matching sets, too. It does something for my self-esteem, I think.

Marti - YaY for the 1 pound!! :cp: I think it is doable for you to lose 5 more before the wedding especially with all the exercise you have planned. Mad Libs is a lot of fun! We used to play it, but haven't for quite a while - I'll have to get it out again.

Cristi - I know what you mean about being crafty - a person just has to be in the mood. Blitz is a simple card game that any number of people can play. Lots of fun. Glad you are relaxing. Did you find a good movie?

Speaking of which - one of you mentioned the Passion of Christ movie. Has anyone seen it? I don't think I could take it. Even roadkill makes me feel sad. What do you think?

Check your Privae Messages, Ladies, for Kat's address. She will be 37 soon! Or as Kayecee would say "Flirty-seven".

Gotta run, bbl,
Jana

Mom2Gaby
02-29-2004, 02:16 PM
Good Morning All :)

I am taking Gaby for a walk, while the other girls head off to church with their dad.

Kat, thanks for the offer on the bike!! Let me think about it though. With the treadmill & jogging stroller already on tap, just thinking that is enough. I also need to buy some clothes for myself & girls. Very sweet to think of me though :)

CONGRATS to Marti!!! Yes, ONE pound counts!! Because you add them up and before you know it you are at goal. Also, if there ever comes a time that no one wants to just claim ONE pound, I will take it!!!! lol

I was planning on seeing Passion but after reading the reviews I think it will be too brutal to sit through.

I better get busy.

TTYL>>>>>>>>>>>

Kayecee
02-29-2004, 02:36 PM
Just a quick post- feeling lousy. Landon and Vallory had the stomach virus on Wednesday and Thursday and now I have it. :( (It's times like this when you wish THE REACH wasn't so expansive. :lol: ) I CAN NOT wait until Spring Break in 2 weeks- I am gonna bleach and disinfect this darn house from top to bottom. We have spent the WHOLE month of February passing this thing around. I always scrub the bathrooms, disinfect bedclothes, and toss toothbrushes when we get sick, but it's not helping for some reason. :( It didn't help that I read a Woman's Day story yesterday about a woman whose family contracted hepatitis A and they exhibited the same symptoms so now *paranoid me* keeps looking to make sure none of our eyes are yellow. :lol:

Here's a quick rundown of my week I had:

Tuesday- Went to get a cut and highlights. Had my eyebrows waxed too. Sheesh.... I won't let her do that again. I looked like I had been in a fight with Mike Tyson for the rest of the week. ('cept I still have my ear! :p ) I have my eyes waxed all the time, but this woman is ROUGH. I may post a pic in the next week or so, but I have to give my hair a few more days to grow out a little... you know how it is when you first get it cut.

Wednesday- Got fitted for contacts but they won't be in until the end of the week. :cry: That translates to I'm so blind that they don't carry contacts with a prescription that high. :)

Thursday- Went to a meeting an hour away from the house so I got in late.

Friday- Left as soon as school was out and ...... yeah.... you got it..... headed for the hills. Went crappie fishing again then had a fish fry with BIL last night. Didn't get home until late. At least Vallory didn't throw up in the hotel this time. :lol:

Well, I'll post individuals later... maybe... I may just go curl up in a fetal position and die. *sigh*

RAR
02-29-2004, 04:12 PM
HI! everyone was reading your posts and hope to joinas we all have things in common and I am sure you can be a great help to me as I need a lot of motivation in getting me started well got to get ready for work am working 12 hrs so dont always post every day Rita

Marti
02-29-2004, 04:35 PM
Good Morning ladies---

Oh...wait....Good Afternoon ladies---yeah that's better! :D

Welcome Rita!! Don't worry about posting everday. I used to work 12hrs shift also and that can wear a person down. Just pop in when you get the chance! We'd really like to get to know you!!

Let's see here.....

First: Thank you to all for congrats on my little pound!! I must say I am proud of that. Actually amazed is more like it! My weight always fluctuated upwards...not downwards! So next week I'm hoping for a least another little pound. But if not...as long as it stays on 149 I will be happy!

I hope everyone had a great weekend. I spent my weekend doing some scrapbooking. I finally got a page done!! Another Jhanai page. I'm pretty happy with it. I used buttons and gave it a dimensional look. Also..Jhanai and I went to Eugene and checked out this store: Scrap Happy. I wanted to spend more time in it, but Jhanai was ready to go. So I will have to go back without her this week and really look at things. Going to try and get Shanna to go with me.

Today...I want to try and get Jhanai outdoors to get some photos taken. I will use both cameras...my digital and my 35mm. I don't have a good printer yet to just use the digital, so I'm using the 35mm so I can get copies to use for my scrapbook (of coarse!)

I read somewhere that there is a Tulip Festival this April in a town North of us. I really want to take Jhanai there to get some photo shots. Plus it ought to be fun!

Ok...I need to get some laundry done...you all have a great rest of the day and I will try to post more later tonight!

Take Care and once again...Welcome to Rita!!

Marti

Mom2Gaby
02-29-2004, 06:52 PM
Good Afternoon Ladies!!

Welcome, Rita!!! I am new also, certainly have found all the ladies to be very nice and supportive! I hope you find that to be the case for you too!!!

Would love to hear more about you in the non too near future......lol......hope that makes sense....

Meant to talk with Cristi earlier, didn't mean to ignore!! Umm, Rachel got thrown out of her game yesterday!! Yahoooo, little temper like her daddy.The apple didn't fall far ........lol
She takes the game very seriously and one girl ((Sami))running down the court *tells* her to switch who they are guarding because the girl Sami is guarding is too fast for her. You can't do that though and Rachel became confused.....they stop the game and Rachel is trying to explain to her coach why she is upset and they don't listen.........so they throw her out , which has Rach exploding into tears......poor thing.
She needs to listen to her coaches though and it was the Ref who tossed her out.So, all in all it was a good game.......always hopping with Rachel in there.

Went to Goodwill last night with the girls and tried on some cute Gap Classic jeans.......too short though.

Went for my 2.7 walk and just finishing up my wadder.........water.....lol....Gaby says wadder.......

Had some veggies for lunch and put some soy sauce on it , trying to trick my brain that I am having Chinesse!! I also had some butterball turkey and low fat cottage cheese........Gaby loves all the foods that I like!! So cute to see her eat cottage cheese.

Just having a super day over all. Heading to see the older girls for awhile. Come home and watch the Oscars......

Hi to you all :)

Mom2Gaby
02-29-2004, 06:56 PM
Oh..........crude!!

Meant to say hello to Kayecee!!! Hope you and the kids feel better.

Also, CONGRATS :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: to Kat on her 3 pounds!!! Yahooooooo,,,,,,,,that is super!!!

Lets all dance a little jig in celebration!! :)

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Kayecee
02-29-2004, 07:13 PM
Crawled out of the bathroom long enough to say, "Hi." Congrats on all the weight loss around here. :cheer: You go girls! I may post a loss tomorrow cuz I've eaten two things today: diddly and squat! :dizzy:

Hi Rita and welcome! Post and let us know a little something about you. Feel free to hop in anywhere on the Jaded Ladies threads.

Marti and Susan- Glad you two are having a good weekend. How is everyone else's weekend going? Shanna- expect to feel pretty rotten by Tuesday cuz I'm breathing all my germs over the net to you! :devil: :lol:

Gonna go crawl back in my hole they call a bathroom. :headache: Later girls.

Marti
02-29-2004, 09:17 PM
Hello!

Poppin in real quick to see how everyone is doing.

Sorry to hear your feeling so bad Kayecee!! Don't wander to far from that bathroom!! Don't want any accidents! (at least keep a bag with you at all times) :D

Jhanai & I went for a walk. We grabbed our umbrella's and walked in the rain. :rain: I got a couple pictures of her outdoors. I didn't want to take too many since it was raining and I don't have a camera that's waterproof!! We walked only a few blocks since Jhanai is wearing a dress today and she is getting over a cold, I didn't want her to get sick again. But it was fun. We are going to try and do that every day she is with me. She wants to go to the park as soon as the weather is better. (when will that be?!) :dunno:

James made some terriyaki chicken and rice. :hun: I had about a cup and a half of it. SOOOO good. :T He bought light soy sauce (or reduced sodium) and it tasted just as good. He knows I'm trying to eat better...that man is wonderful!! (not like I haven't said that before!) Now I'm totally drinking water! Soy sauce does that to me. Ever since I've cut down on my sodium intake a few years ago....anything that taste salty gets to me. I can't eat much ham at all anymore. Too salty!!

I will post my pages from my scrapbook later tonight. I'm pleased with my Jhanai page. I'm working on the next Jhanai page. One of these days I will get a "me" page........(yeah right) :dizzy: Actually, I went through my old albums that my ex has...and got all the copies.....I have the ones of me during my pregnancy stages. Each month I took a photo of my belly on the 14th, the day I found out I was pregnant. Kind of neat to see.....I got huge with Jhanai! :eek: I may someday make copies for the scrap book and do that....but for now.....I'll work with what I have.

Ok...I'm just rambling along :blah: :blah: :blah: so I better get going for now. You all take care!

Marti

FrouFrou
02-29-2004, 11:00 PM
Good evening ladies~

Not much going on with me, same old, same old. Can finally see the dining room table. :lol: Haven't seen that in a while. It is slowly coming together. I need to concentrate on one room and get it complete before moving on to another instead of doing a little her and a little there. Oh well, I will have it all done in a couple of weeks.

A great BIG WELCOME to Rita! :wave: Feel free to jump in anywhere, check out the scrapbook/craft thread and the bios, also feel free to do a bio if you like so we can know a little more about ya. :) We look forward to getting to know you.

Susan~sorry to hear about Rachel getting thrown out of the game, poor baby. I so enjoyed going to the games when the kids played. They were mostly into soccer, which I loved. Good job on your walking-I need to get started but here lately I just about fall into bed-don't think I can get any exercise in for a while.

Kayecee~boy, you guys sure have had your share of illness lately. Hope you all get to feeling better.

Jana~I am so ready to start the FT tomorrow. I have been looking forward to Monday since last week. I also meant to tell you THANK YOU for the beautiful card, I received it Friday and put it up on the counter/bar in the kitchen along with Angie's (THANK YOU again Angie) but forgot to let you know and thank you for thinking of us. :thanks: I never did find a good movie, I ended up watching some reruns of Trading Spaces-love that show. Thanks for Kat's address also.

Kat~WTG on joing the gym. I thought all men liked lingerie? :dunno: I know I do-it makes me feel special, and I love the matched sets. :D I need to go buy some. Was looking in Penneys spring/summer catalog and I am dying to go shopping.

Marti~I found that poem about 1 pound and will post it in the morning, forgot to bring it downstairs. Can't wait to see your new scrapbook pages.

Hi Shanna, & Katie :wave:

Tomorrow is weigh in day for me and I am hoping to see a loss. DH weighed in yesterday morning and showed a 10 lb. loss! :yikes: I told him that's GREAT, and I can see that. As hard as we all have been working. Of course he had to work long days on top of the move-poor guy. Anyway, it is over and now we can relax, somewhat. Well ladies take care and have a good evening. See ya later :wave:

da fat n da furious
02-29-2004, 11:29 PM
Well I did try to post a couple of days ago but we had some major fog and frost and lost power off and on all evening. :(
Saturday night we went to the Black Coalilition Gospel Choir...all I can say is WOW All the hairs on my arms and legs stood up on end. :bravo: :cp:

Susan Marti and Jana,,you guys are starting to make me feel envious...ah man thats too nice of a word..I am down right green with jealousy ok? I will be buying a scale tomorrow and doing something about this weight gain. :yikes:

Kat, when are you moving to Nova Scotia? I too love matching undies...I have like 3 red sets...I like red I guess...lol

Katie,,,I would have enjoyed a holiday like you had...Monte and I have gone to Victoria, which is pretty,,,near the ocean and just beautiful. :sunny:

Im not sure about seeing Passion yes...I had a tough time with JC and the whipping in that. I would like to see it in the privacy of me home so if its to the parts where I can't deal with it I can leave or stop it. The contiversary is unbelievable..

So today Monte and I went shopping...and put a contract in for a new house...*gulp We have to sell our house by March 31st....again..*gulp :crossed:

So thats about all thats happening here...
talk with you all later
Angie

da fat n da furious
02-29-2004, 11:46 PM
Oops forgot in my long post...
Kaycee,,,hope you feel better soon,,,make sure to get your rest and drink lots of water...fluids.

And Rita a big welcome to the group.

Angie

Jane
03-01-2004, 09:27 AM
Rita - :wave: Welcome to our little group. I think you will like it here. I noticed that you are from the Midwest also... :cp: YAY!! Post when you can, and tell us about yourself on the bio thread when you want. Also check out the meeting thread - we're having a slumber party in August.

Susan - I watched most of the Oscars, but fell asleep about an hour before it was over. Lord of the Rings sure scooped em' up, didn't it?? Hope Rachel is doing okay.

Kayecee - hope you're feeling better today. It is very very unlikely that you guys have Hepatitis - these flu cooties are everywhere. About your hair - didn't you see how short my hair is in my picture?? That's the shortest it's ever been in my adult life and I cancelled my next appointment with the stylist until it grows more, lol.

Marti - Although I've got picture paper here at home, I get most of my digital pics done at the machine at Walmart. It's 26 cents for a 4x6 and under $3 for an 8x10. And you get them back in an hour. Plus you save your own paper and ink. Just a thought. The tulip festival will be a good place for photos.

Cristi - good luck with weigh in today. If you have any questions about Fast Track, just let me know, and I'll help you if I can.

Angie - do you mean you put in an offer on a house? If you get it, we want details! I too wish I could watch Passion in my own home. I have heard that when it is over, everyone in the theatre is silent. I will probably go during the week at a matinee so it won't be so crowded.

My friend Yvonne is coming over so show me some stuff for her wedding. She's the one getting married August 7th.

Last night watching the Oscars, I had already had my popcorn, and really had the munchies, so I cooked half a bag of baby carrots and ate them. Katie was eating peanut butter toast and it smelled divine! But, I stuck with the carrots!

It's raining here in Indiana today. But that's okay - the grass will turn green now.

Be good!
Jana

Marti
03-01-2004, 11:25 AM
Good morning ladies--

I'm doing a happy dance this morning!! :cb: :dance: :dancer:

Since Mondays are my weigh in I decided to weigh in. Only because Saturday I weighed in the afternoon. I had already had breakfast and all. So today I decided to weigh in before all that and the scale read:
148!!!
:cb: :dance: :dancer:

That's two pounds all together!! Yippy!!!Yeehaw!!WhooHoo!!

Ok,,,gettting a bit crazy........

I was just very happy. I was expecting it to be 150. The magic number it has been sitting at since I moved in here!! (that was in August)I thought maybe it was just a fluke that the scale went DOWN! So my thinking is as soon as I get home from school, to go for my walk. Drink tons of water as I have been and to get those other three pounds off that I want to lose by the 24th!!

Ok.....now that I'm finished prancing around I need to go dry my hair and finish getting ready for school!!

Talk to you later
Marti

Mom2Gaby
03-01-2004, 01:14 PM
Good Morning!!

Beautiful here this morning in Portland!

How bout Marti & Shanna?? How is the weather down south?? Kind of reminds me of "Laugh In" and they are talking from their windows at the end of the show.......don't worry gals.........probably waaaaaaaay before your time. lol......just dated myself, anyone remember Room 222??? Loved that show.

Wonderful about the other pound, Marti!!! Really. Must feel SOOOOO great to be in the 140's!!!!

Kayecee...........wow, hope you and the family are ok. Just take care and rest & relax.

I didn't watch all over the Oscars, I missed the opening with Billy Crystal, the girls said he was funny,darn ,,,,,,was looking for a good laugh!
Happy to see Sean Penn win!! Thinking he deserved it........

Loved Susan Sarandons hair! Maybe fix my hair like that?? She is so pretty,looks great.

Better get busy.

Hope you all are having a wonderful Monday!

FrouFrou
03-01-2004, 03:50 PM
Good afternoon ladies~

Boy did we have a down pour yesterday. On top of it the wind was horrible and guess who got to play int he mud??? Ernie dog! :yikes: poor doggy-he doesn't like the mud at all, loves the snow though. I am thinking our first priority now is to get some grass in-fast! It is a beautiful :sunny: day today, still windy as heck but at least the sun it is a shining.

Angie~should we say CONGRAT'S on the house?? Did you guys put in an offer or are you getting it? Well, either way CONGRATULATION'S! And yes, we want details and to see photo's!

Jana~I love weddings! Your friend must be so excited planning her wedding.Does she have a theme, or color picked? August will be here before you know it. I definitely will ask if I have any questions about FT. Doing pretty good so far, not feeling hungry at all. But then I have been too busy around here to think about food. WTG on sticking with the carrots. :)

Susan~I missed the Oscars, and I love Susan Sarandon-she is pretty. Most of the time I just like watching the beginning to see what everyone is wearing and how their hair is fixed. They were playing some parts of it on the radio this morning, and a speech/thank you from Charlize Theron-she is pretty too. You know she is african american?? I like her and Susan Sarandon, they are both good actresses.

Marti~WTG on the loss!! :bravo:

I am up .5 pound. Thought for sure I would have seen a loss since I haven't been eating much. I guess it has been what I was eating, which was fast food, and haven't been drinking any water. Was just too tired to cook. It could have been worse though so I am pleased it was just .5 lb. and not more. Here is the poem of whatever you want to call it about one pound. It makes you think about it, because I am one of those people who want to see fast results, never just one pound but more. My goal is too lose one pound a week from today on, and if I should happen to lose more then yippee! But I am going to focus on just one pound a week, it is very doable!

Just One Pound

Hello! Do you know me?

If you don't you should. I'm ONE POUND OF FAT and I'm the happiest pound of fat that you would ever want to meet!

Want to know why?

It's because no one ever wants to lose me! After all, I'm ONLY ONE POUND, just ONE POUND. Everyone wants to lose 3 or 5 or even 15 pounds, but never ONLY ONE. So, I just stick around and happily keep you fat.

Then, I am free to add to myself, ever so slyly, so that you never seem to notice. That is, until I've grown to 10, 20 or even more pounds in weight...

YES...it's fun being ONLY ONE POUND of fat...left to do just as I please.

So, when you weigh in, go ahead...just keep saying "Oh, I ONLY lost ONE POUND." (As if that were so terrible).

For, you see, if you do this, you'll encourage others to hang around me because they'll think I'm not worth losing. And I LOVE being around you...your arms, your legs, your chin, your hips and every part of you.

HAPPY DAYS! After all, I'm ONLY ONE POUND OF FAT.

Okay, I am finished with my novel ladies. :comp: Talk to ya later. :wave:

Mom2Gaby
03-01-2004, 04:13 PM
Cristi,

LOVE the ONE POUND thing that you wrote!!

Hope you are having a super day. Rachel came home early from school so we are heading out.

Cut Gab's bangs yesterday, she looks like Jim Carey in Dumb & Dumber.....lol....ok, just is a cuter version. She is my little bed warmer!!

Hi, Rita.........hope you are having a great day!

Ok.......enough putering on the computer!!

TTYL

Marti
03-01-2004, 06:15 PM
Had to post quickly before I tackle homework...

Cristi---

I love that poem!! I'm going to print it out and tack it somewhere to keep me going.

Thanks for posting that.

BBL

Marti

Kayecee
03-01-2004, 07:36 PM
*gasp* I may live after all. I dragged myself to school and hid out in my room all day- when I wasn't in the bathroom. :lol: Sorry Marti, but I don't think a paper bag woulda helped much with my problem. :lol: Let's just say that I'm surprised my jeans don't look like Shanna's after the last 2 days! :lol:

Shanna- I wasn't referring to Herman when I said something about your air conditioning- back on the 22nd, you were talking about not having any air conditioning in your house- remember- you were saying something about an 80 dollar pool? :D

Jana- How did the visit with Yvonne go? Peanut butter toast wouldn't be so bad if you go light on the peanut butter would it? Course, I can never resist peanut butter. I can eat a whole jar of the creamy stuff at one time. YUM! :hun: Great! Now I'm salivating! LOL I was just teasing about the hepatitis.... sort of.... :D K- I'm paranoid. LOL

Cristi- Cute ONE POUND story. :) Tim hurried up and planted grass yesterday because he knew that it was gonna rain here last night. Boy! Did it ever rain cats and dogs here.

Marti- WTG on the 2 pounds! :cheer: (But if ya keep making statements like Yeehaw, people are liable to think you're from Goobertown. :p ) Instead of using two cameras, I would use the digital, download them onto your computer, crop them and get them like you want them, then burn them on a CD. Then if you take it to Wal-Mart, they will print pictures out just like a regular camera. I don't know if they can do it from a floppy disc. Ask them for all the specifics before you try it, but it would save you film.

Susan- I got the cutest mental image of Gab when you said that about Dumb and Dumber. (Cute cut for a little girl, just not for a 40 year old man! :lol: ) My favorite quote from the Oscars was when Billy Crystal talked about how different this year was from 13 years ago.... Bush was president, the economy was nose-diving, and we were just getting out of a war in Iraq. :lol: I didn't actually get to see the Oscars, just saw that on the news.

Angie- I am definitely NOT going to see the Passion. I would have nightmares for weeks. I accidentally saw one picture of the guy hanging on the cross a few days ago.... it has really bothered me since. I don't even want to see it in my own home. It's just way too real for me. It's funny.... I can watch Terminator or something dumb like that and it doesn't bother me... but I saw a movie about John Walsh's son's murder once and I cried for weeks.... if I know it really happened in real life, I can't deal with it. When will you find out about the house? Pictures! Pictures!

Kat- Glad to hear from ya girl! And ooooooooo..... a fella! Congrats and good luck!

Rita and everyone else- How's it going in your neck of the woods.

Well, I gotta go and clean house a little. I am leaving Wednesday morning at 5 to go to a conference in Little Rock. I get to go and stay in a hotel until Friday with no house work, no errands, no classes..... Woo Hoo! (I'll spend the whole stinking time worrying about whether or not Tim fed the kids spaghettios 3 nights in a row and if Vallory wore red shoes with a pink shirt and neon green sweats to the babysitter's! :lol: )

Marti
03-01-2004, 07:51 PM
Hello again!!

I had to go to Walmart and buy a rug for the office room. Poor Chewy just doesn't like these wood floors when it comes to trying to jump up onto the couch! :fr: He fell and I was afraid that he'd pull another muscle so I figured I better get one!!
And of coarse I couldn't just buy the darn rug! :nono: I went and bought myself another pair of jeans. Now it's nice having two pairs instead of just the one!!! And oh---is it ever so hard to find clothes for short people!!! :headache: I was rummaging through those stacks of jeans looking for "short"!! Most were LONG!! I'm not long!! But I found these measly little things tucked way back. And they were the ONLY size 8 there too! No wonder I hardly ever shop for myself!! Too difficult and time consuming. I'll stick with buying myself stuff for scrapbooking. :yes:

Susan--Weather here is drab. No sun...and raining off and on. I don't know about Eugene....But I'm pretty jealous to hear that Portland is having such nice weather!!

Cristi--Poor dog. All muddy and doesn't like it? Bet he'll just love getting that bath taken to clean him up!! :s: My dogs aren't too thrilled when it comes to bath time. But afterwards, I can't get them to settle down!! It's like a race track in our house!!

Jana--I am very proud of you for your willpower to stick to those carrots!! There has got to be something else to curb that munchy feeling we get sometimes....but I love cooked carrots so I would have been satisfied! Sometimes when I'm truly watching what I eat, I have James make me some sushi....and then I stick it in a container. When I want something to snack on, those are great!! (he makes them with veggies and imitation crab)

Kayecee--I see you were posting as I was...so hello to you!! Hey...whats wrong with your kids making a statement with their clothes??!! Better now than when they get in high school!! (ok..that's going to happen no matter what) You enjoy yourself with the luxury of not having to do any house work!! Oh...and are you sure you're going to Little Rock and not Goobertown??? :s:

Hello to Angie, Shanna, Katie, Kat, & Rita!!!

My opinion about seeing Passion, I would like to, but when it comes out on DVD...I would want to be able to turn it off or pause or what have you. I cry during commercials!!! :cry: Can you just see me sitting through that?? I've heard mixed reviews...more lean towards the good side, which is why I would like to see it.

Ok ladies...finishing some math...then off to scrapbooking!!

Take Care
Marti

Mom2Gaby
03-01-2004, 08:43 PM
Hi Kayecee & Marti,

If you go to Goodwill Marti they have jeans for short people like you....lol
I am JOKING!!! I loved those Gap ones but too darn high watery........though I have worn some petite sizes before. In my youth....like when I was 36.lol...

Very nice here!!! Took a lovely summer like walk with Rachel & Gaby! Ventured out with the umbrella stroller, it was a challenge. Do I get extra points for pushing a 33 pound child?? lol.........I think I should. So, I have walked 5.4 miles this week!!
Have drank 100oz's of water!!
Have read Dr.Phil!!
Have eaten what I planned for the day!!

Kayecee........I will stick a picture of Gaby in the mail for you.She is a doll, very smart. Rach taught her to say "oh, no" and close her eyes when she saw a car coming at us out walking. She also waves her hand and says "go away"...to the cars...lol

I better go get Beck from basketball.

TTY all later........:)