Carb Counters - Personal Goals

View Full Version : Personal Goals

LoriAS
02-25-2004, 02:20 PM
I know it helps me to set personal goals I want to reach. I thought maybe we could all list 1-3 personal goals WITH DATES or TIME FRAMES. That way we could come here and check ourselves, remind ourselves, and help each other. Any takers????? I'll start...

Personal Goals 2004 -

LoriAS - Go 6 weeks cheat free and get cholesterol rechecked, Be down to 145 by vacation (March 22)

lady_adnerb
02-25-2004, 02:22 PM
Sounds good to me.

um....Work on drinking more water. Stay OP for longer than 3 days (ugh. can't get past that number). try and work out more.

oops. Forgot the time frame thing. Ok. This WEEK I'll try and do those things :lol:

Shimma
02-25-2004, 02:33 PM
I would like to be exercising regularly by the end of March. (The time frame on this is so far out because I'm in class until the middle of March and then I gave myself 2 weeks to get into an exercise routine.)

I would also like to increase my veggie intake by one more serving/day by the end of next week (March 5).

LoriAS
02-25-2004, 03:08 PM
Ok, I thought of one more that I left out...

I also added you guys so we can keep a running goal sheet like the weight goals and the exercise goals. Does that sound good??

Personal Goals 2004 -

LoriAS - Go 6 weeks cheat free and get cholesterol rechecked (2.5 days cheat free so far 2/25), Be down to 145 by vacation (March 22), Run a 5K by the end of April
Lady Adnerb - drinking more water, Stay OP for longer than 3 days, try and work out more This WEEK
Shimma - exercising regularly by the end of March, increase my veggie intake by one more serving/day by the end of next week (March 5)

jane8760
02-25-2004, 04:29 PM
LoriAS - Go 6 weeks cheat free and get cholesterol rechecked (2.5 days cheat free so far 2/25), Be down to 145 by vacation (March 22), Run a 5K by the end of April
Lady Adnerb - drinking more water, Stay OP for longer than 3 days, try and work out more This WEEK
Shimma - exercising regularly by the end of March, increase my veggie intake by one more serving/day by the end of next week (March 5)
Jane: 5 more pounds down by March 20th for my NY trip.

Trazzie
02-25-2004, 07:34 PM

Traci - I will replace one salad a day with a different veggie, 3 days this week. (all I eat are salads) and increase my water intake.

hillary29
02-25-2004, 08:40 PM
Great idea :)

I want to be our running by April 15th no matter what the weather is ( I am not a runner, but this is a goal of mine )

I want to start drinking 1 1/2 gallons of water daily no matter what. I want this goal to be effective immediately

I want to wean myself away from the pistaschio's for a while at least ;)

LoriAS
02-26-2004, 12:36 PM
How is everyone doing with their goals???
I ran 2.65 miles last night, which was great. Then a cold or something hit me like a ton of bricks a few hours later and I couldn't breath all night. I'm probably even going to skip aerobics tonight :( I am finally starting to feel better, but still not energy!

Hillary the running program I started was the Couch Potato to 5K Program...you can find it at www.coolrunning.com But actually there are a lot of beginner running programs out there!!

Traci - I will replace one salad a day with a different veggie, 3 days this week. (all I eat are salads) and increase my water intake.

hillary29 - running by 4/15, drinking 1 1/2 gallons water daily starting today, wean from pistaschios for a while

LoriAS
03-18-2004, 12:37 PM
How's everyone doing on their goals? Anyone else want to join in??

Well, I'm not doing to hot on the first one...I have been cheat free for 3.5 days now...Goal 2, I"m working on that one and now I think I want to make it 140 and I had to change the month...I was trying to get to Florida a little earlier than the rest of my family :o And #3 I actually registered for a 5K race this Saturday, but was taken off running by my DR on Tuesday for 2 weeks. So still working on them....they just seem to be coming ever so SLOWLY!

LoriAS - Go 6 weeks cheat free and get cholesterol rechecked (2.5 days cheat free so far 2/25), Be down to 145 by vacation (April 22), Run a 5K by the end of April

hillary29 - running by 4/15, drinking 1 1/2 gallons water daily starting today, wean from pistaschios for a while

lady_adnerb
03-18-2004, 12:44 PM
LOL. I made that weeks goals. This week I'm working on NOT going off the deep end. I'll get back OP next week!!!

Catgirl67
03-18-2004, 01:37 PM
I would like to go six weeks cheat free, do my Pilates dvd's three times a week, and lose 40 lbs. by September.

southerngirl
03-21-2004, 05:45 PM
Wow! What a great idea. My goals are:

1. To get into ketosis by 3/26.
2. To drink 64 ounces of water every day starting tomorrow 3/22.
3. To be at 224 or lower by Easter
4. To be below 200 for my daughter's birthday on May 10th.
5. To follow my exercise program faithfully for one month starting tomorrow. 3/22

KarenW
03-22-2004, 01:08 PM
I love this idea! Got mine through May.. I want to start short term. But I do have my Long term for goal!

Catgirl67 :six weeks cheat free, do my Pilates dvd's three times a week, and lose 40 lbs. by September.

southerngirl :
5. To follow my exercise program faithfully for one month starting tomorrow. 3/22

KarenW:
1.) Weights up to 3 times a week by 4/15
2.) Be 149 by 5/9 (Mother's Day)
3.) Get to the gym 4 days a week by 4/15
4.) Goal by 9/29/2004 (My 14th wedding anniversary)

lady_adnerb
03-22-2004, 02:44 PM
I need to update mine!

Lady Adnerb - drinking more water, Get back OP, work out at least 3 times- This WEEK

Catgirl67 :six weeks cheat free, do my Pilates dvd's three times a week, and lose 40 lbs. by September.

southerngirl :

KarenW:

Theo'sgirl
03-22-2004, 10:57 PM
OKay I wanna do it too!!! ME ME ME, OH OH OH!!! :)

TG Goals starting now
1. Drink at least 3 liters of water daily
2. exercise at least 4 times weekly
3. stay OP from now until Easter. That is 3 weeks

Theo'sgirl
03-22-2004, 11:02 PM

southerngirl :

KarenW:

TG Goals starting now

LoriAS
03-23-2004, 09:25 AM

Ok, I'm not doing good on the cheat free. But I am finding that I don't down a whole bag of oreos anymore. I can usually stop at 1-2 cookies when I realize I could undo all the hard work that I've done. So I'm still working on the 6 weeks cheat free. I still plan on being down to 145 by vacation (I'm even hoping for 140). I had a 5K scheduled for this past Saturday, but had to back out due to a hip injury. Nothing too serious, but I'll have to find a race in April to attend now :( . Thanks for keeping this thread alive. I need the reminders!

Catgirl67
03-23-2004, 09:34 AM
Well, I am cheat free, but I haven't worked out once in two weeks! Oh well, I can start tonight!

Ericad
03-24-2004, 05:23 PM
I'm new here. I wanted to post my goals just so they're written down and I can't back out of them.

Go the rest of the week with no cheating, I'm having big time problem with the sugar.
Start walking more.
Be down to 170 by April 15th.

KarenW
03-24-2004, 06:38 PM
Welcome Ericad! Im glad you posted here! Posting will definately help you! Come jopin us too on the daily thread! Posting daily will not only keep you motivated, but this group is SOOO much fun!

Ericad
03-24-2004, 07:44 PM
I'm so excited about this site! I need all the help I can get.

Journey Girl
03-24-2004, 10:08 PM
To get in a habit of drinking a gallon of water each day, two weeks of drinking a gallon of water. :dizzy:

Theo'sgirl
03-30-2004, 01:42 PM
Leenie can you sticky this?????

lady_adnerb
03-30-2004, 01:44 PM
Ugh. Back on strict induction for me. Seems every time TOM comes around I get knocked off and can't lose weight. GRRRR. Looks like it'll be another 3 weeks before anything drops off. GRRRR

KarenW
03-30-2004, 04:19 PM
WOO HOO! I did all my goals this week! Actually surpassed the exercise! WOO HOO! I am going to post new goals on the new thread!

LoriAS
04-01-2004, 10:08 AM
Please feel free to update or change your goal as we meet them!!!

LoriAS - Go 6 weeks cheat free and get cholesterol rechecked (Still not doing so hot on this one!), Be down to 145 by vacation (April 25) I'm getting there on this one, Run a 5K by the end of April (I had one scheduled in March, but had to cancel due to hip problem...still plannning on doing before end of April!)

southerngirl :

KarenW:

TG Goals starting now

Ericad
Go the rest of the week with no cheating, I'm having big time problem with the sugar.
Start walking more.

journeygirl
To get in a habit of drinking a gallon of water each day, two weeks of drinking a gallon of water

Karen - Congrats on meeting your goals!! I need to modify mine...I'm not doing very good at the not cheating for some reason... And I just know that is affecting/slowing my weight loss.

How are the rest of you doing with your goals????

Theo'sgirl
04-12-2004, 08:30 AM
NEW GOALS for TG added......

Personal goals list:

LoriAS - Go 6 weeks cheat free and get cholesterol rechecked (Still not doing so hot on this one!), Be down to 145 by vacation (April 25) I'm getting there on this one, Run a 5K by the end of April (I had one scheduled in March, but had to cancel due to hip problem...still plannning on doing before end of April!)

southerngirl :

KarenW:

TG Goals starting now
3. Induction for at least the next week April 12-18th
3. Cheat free until Mother's day when my mom comes to visit.
4. vitamins everyday

Ericad
Start walking more.

journeygirl
To get in a habit of drinking a gallon of water each day, two weeks of drinking a gallon of water

Karen - Congrats on meeting your goals!! I need to modify mine...I'm not doing very good at the not cheating for some reason... And I just know that is affecting/slowing my weight loss.

LoriAS
04-21-2004, 08:18 AM
Ok, I"m failing miserably at my personal goals. I've only run once in the last 4 weeks. And it's not looking like I'm going to meet my mileage goal for this month. So to work on one thing at a time...I'm going to attempt to do 4 (equator trek) miles each day for the rest of the week. Yikes!!! that is at least 1:20 of working out every day!!!! I can do this!!!! I know I can!

jane8760
04-22-2004, 08:53 AM
Ok, I just realized I hadn't updated my goals in a while so here goes:

I have gained 4 pounds and want them gone! Simple as that.

So................

My new goal is:

Stay OP
Try to be "cheat free" as many days as possible
Exercise at least 3 times each week
Come as close as possible to goal set in End of May Challenge

Baby steps!

LoriAS
04-22-2004, 08:55 AM
My #1 goal at the moment is to STOP CHEATING!!! Grrrr, for some reason I just can't resist a little "treat" now and then. Only "now and then" seems to be a little something every day! Yikes!!!

Cinnymamma
04-28-2004, 08:35 PM
I'll join ya :)

I want to be down to 220 and -2 inches by May 21st which is our little getaway weekend! I want to walk every day, no matter what the weather and use the bun & thigh rocker 3 times a week! Also get my 64oz of water in per day.

Woohooooooo I know we can do it!

Theo'sgirl
05-22-2004, 11:12 AM
Its been awhile since we revised our personal goals so lets go over them and post it again just to freshen it up in all of our minds!!! Gotta keep em fresh you know! :) JUst add your and copy and paste like we do the equator trek stuff.....thank you!

Personal goals thread updated MAY 2004

TG Goals
1. STAY OP until our vacation July 9th
2. get in 3 liters of water daily / vitamins daily too!
3. work out at least 4 times a week
4. Do my food log daily (it deters cheats!)

lady_adnerb
05-22-2004, 11:24 AM
New weekly goals are in order for me I think.

1. Keep drinking water
2. Work on exercising at least 2 times
3. Cut down on portions of supper

Theo'sgirl
05-22-2004, 03:44 PM
Personal goals thread updated MAY 2004

TG Goals
1. STAY OP until our vacation July 9th
2. get in 3 liters of water daily / vitamins daily too!
3. work out at least 4 times a week
4. Do my food log daily (it deters cheats!)

Brenda Goals
1. Keep drinking water
2. Work on exercising at least 2 times
3. Cut down on portions of supper

Sounds like good plan B!! :)

LoriAS
07-30-2004, 07:34 AM
Ok, I'm getting very bad about cheats here and there. I'm also horrible at exercising. So, this is my new commitment:

1. Exercise at least 20 minutes 3X per week. I will not increase this until I have done it consistently at least 4 weeks! (baby steps)
2. If I give in and have a cheat item (sugar, bread, potatoes) I will not let it ruin my day. I will forgive myself and do better next time!!

Ok, Now I did get back to the gym last night after I don't know how many weeks. And I got some LC friendly snacks at the store last night! I can do this!!

LOVE2C135
08-02-2004, 03:57 PM
Hi Lori! Glad you resurected this.

I'm not going to add until next week. This week is going to be horribly stressful, and on top of that I have a throat infection.

So, my goal for this week is to survive.

I'll add next week!

Thanks!

sheila_220
08-05-2004, 05:05 AM
morning all,

I started atkins 3 weeks ago but wanted to up my exercise so i'm adding 15 minutes on my bike each morning and weights for 15 minutes (all of which occur at 4 a.m) i'm so tired after work that i know i'd never do anything then. anyways, want to lower my fat next week (opt for lower fat choices). trying to change a little each week.

LoriAS
08-05-2004, 09:55 PM
Great job jumping right in girls. Dont forget though, you can always come back and revise your goals once you get more accustomed to this way of eating (WOE). I have been doing this for about 9 months now and it has almost become second nature. Except for the exercising, which is what I'm working on. And goodness knows I've revised it many times. The most important thing is to just keep on trying and don't give up or get consumed with guilt!

Have a losing day!

Lolow38
08-08-2004, 05:27 PM
I'm going to add my goals in there. I have bought some time before knee surgery to lose weight (doctor said I would heal better with less weight and rehab would be a lot easier) so here goes:
l. Exercise at Curves three times a week (30 minutes each time)
2. Drink at least 64 ounces of water but strive for 96 ounces.
3. Forgive myself if I slip up and just brush myself off and start again.
4. My goal is to get to 199. I would like to say by January 2005 but am afraid that might be asking for too much, but I'll set that as my goal anyway. If not 199, I'll make it 210.

I'm on my way to a new lifestyle and to a new me! Long way to go and a short time to get there.:)
HW: 256
CW: 252.4
GW: 140's

mscat816
08-09-2004, 11:45 PM
I have been on Atkins for 3 1/2 weeks now. Had a 12 lb loss on induction and now I am warbling with an old familiar plateau. Need all the help I can get from other Atkinites! :D

My goals this week are

1. Get my 3 main meals in before 7:30 p.m. (Didn't make it tonight!)
2. Get my 64 oz of water in.
3. Get some movement in everyday - had a 40 minute bellydance workout so I am on track!

Short term goal for August - break 220 by the end.

mscat hw 239/ sw 237/ cw 227/ gw 140

One definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

LoriAS
08-10-2004, 10:53 AM
You girls are doing a fantastic job. it's always nice to refer back here and see what/how you are doing!

Sugar Cube
08-23-2004, 12:10 PM
I have been doing Atkins for about a year, and did really well at the beginning, but got too used to it I think lately to make any progress. I am really reving up the weight lifting routine and aiming for a whole new set of habits.:strong:

My longterm goal is my 50th birthday, gulp.:hb:

My current goal is 10%, so that would be 18 pounds by the end of the year.

I am going to get there by:

1. Getting to the gym 4 mornings a week.
2. Planning my food and eating on plan.
3. Mentally staying true to my goals.

Liza
195/180/162/140

Purple Hugs
12-29-2004, 06:26 AM
Am new to this site.. but not to atkins. I had to come off for an operation half way through the year, and ate my way (at least I'm honest) back to my start weight. I am now off the pain killers adn able to exercise... so here I am about to jump back on the wagon.

my 3 goals:

2nd Jan 05 - start atkins induction - STRICTLY
30 Jan 05 - to have started up regular exercise again
14 Feb 05 - have lost at least 10lb's for valentines goal

VanIsle
01-06-2005, 02:02 PM
Hi ,
It is almost my 1st aniversary on Atkins and I stuck with it for the most part.
Its funny that even on my cruise to Alaska this summer I was able to to keep my self fairly on track but between October and noweespecially this Xmas I was getting way out of control.

My Goals are to
1. DRINK my water!
2. 60 min on elliptical @ least 4 x /week
3. Pilates or tubes and ball routine at least 3 x/week
4. Stay on induction till end of January then re evaluate