Does it Work? - TrimSpa EF

View Full Version : TrimSpa EF

angeleyez479
02-24-2004, 11:58 AM
Does anyone know if the TrimSpa EF that Anna Nicole Smith uses really works?

Suzanne 3FC
02-26-2004, 03:22 AM
Hi :)

Use the search and you'll find a few threads on Trimspa, it's a popular topic. But it's not a popular product. Trimspa EF may be ephedra free, but it's not stimulant free. We did have a huge thread on it, but unfortunately it was lost when we had the server crash.

In a nutshell, there is nothing in this product that has been proven to help in weight loss. You will get a good caffeine type buzz from it, but that's about it. It has a few mystery ingredients that have not been tested, such as hoodia. It contains chromium as the main ingredient, and this has specifically been proven NOT to aid in weight loss.

If you take this pill, you STILL have to eat less to lose weight. We recommend you eat less by following a healthy and balanced diet, and save your diet-pill money for a new wardrobe :)

Btw, Anna Nicole said she chose Trimspa because it had the word TRIM in the name. You can tell a lot of research went into that :lol:

Mindi
02-26-2004, 07:24 AM
Yesterday I finally took a look at a bottle of this while in the drugstore..oh MY the cost of it! 60 pills for 39.99!!!! For that amount, it best work AND entertain me too! LOL

I think if it really worked for everyone in a safe, effective manner, we'd not find it on a drugstore shelf but would be getting it via prescription...at an even greater price.

Suzanne 3FC
02-26-2004, 09:23 AM
That's a good point, Mindi! We don't always stop to think about it that way. If these products REALLY worked, our physicians would be recommending them, they would be pushed by hospitals and insurance companies, and it would make the headlines of every major newspaper. Instead, the only promotions are done by the manufacturers.

MrsJim
02-26-2004, 11:38 AM
Like I've said before, Anna Nicole Smith doesn't exactly strike me as a 'diet expert'. Actually I'd NEVER purchase a product that was endorsed by her! It's all about the bucks for her, that's for sure (remember, she hasn't gotten those mega-millions that she feels she's entitled to from her late husband and she's used to a very lavish lifestyle, though God knows it's not the lifestyle *I* would lead if I had her kind of dough...)

Anna Nicole Smith is probably the Yo-Yo Diet Queen. She's been obese and thin so many times, I definitely wouldn't call her a success. (for those of you who want to read her history, there's a hilarious website called lardbiscuit.com that is pretty concise).

Here's a quote from Ms. Smith regarding food from that website above under "The Wit and Wisdom of Anna Nicole Smith":
On food:
I love to eat! I just, you know, I eat everything, anything I want.
I love fast food. I love pizza. My favorite's pizza with ranch dressing on it, and ketchup.

Late Night with Conan O'Brien, June 1995

Ewwwwwwwwwww!! (oh yeah SHE'LL be keeping that weight off...anyone remember the first season of her 'reality show' where she was looking at a rental house and started picking through the refrigerator??? :lol: )

MrsJim
03-03-2004, 08:42 AM
Something else to keep in mind about Anna Nicole and Trimspa...

From what I've heard, when she lost the weight this time around, she used the EPHEDRA version of Trimspa which was still available in late 2003...but it is no longer being sold...

I've been reading around the Internet of 'regular folks' results with the 'new' Trimspa, and the consensus seems to be that they feel they've wasted their money.

As I said - something to keep in mind...

Mackenzie04
03-03-2004, 05:10 PM
i dont know, ive been using trimspa for a month now.. mainly because i was curious. though i didnt really believe it worked at all..
ive lost 12 pounds so far. I dont believe the pills alone are helping me, im also exercising and eating less..
I can tell there is caffeine in it though..

Catgirl67
03-03-2004, 08:18 PM
If you read the inserts in most so called miracle diet pills like TrimSpa, you have to follow a low fat, low calorie diet and work out. You would loose weight w/o the pills! Also, if you had Anna Nicole's $, you could look like her too! I hate to say it, but I don't think TrimSpa was the only stimulant that she was taking.

SWattASU
03-08-2004, 12:49 AM
I have done a little research on my own on the ingredients that trim spa uses. I found out that one of the ingredients is also used for WELDING... like metal. The ingredient supposedly creates a non-toxic "jell" in your stomach making you feel full. I would be cautious putting any suspicious jell into my body. I think I would rather go for the healthier alternatives such as a healthy diet and exercise.

Hot Flash
03-15-2004, 12:32 PM
I know I will be a hopeless case if I have to resort to taking Trimspa!!! I am ashamed to admit that I try all this stuff and none of it works, except Ephedra. I don't recommend that anyone take Ephedra but you can still buy it on the Internet at least until the FDA completly bans it.
The latest thing I tried was Dreamshape (Egods!) which is Human growth hormone. Just flushed 44.00 bucks on that too. Trimspa, baby? YUCK!!

FrugalChick
03-17-2004, 10:45 AM
I clicked on a banner ad and went to their website. I just have a really hard time believing any of it. The pictures..while they don't look doctored...look funny. Like you'll see this woman hunched so she appears to have a double chin. She'll push out her tummy so she has a gut. And then in the next picture...viola! I don't think so.

And you know...chances are, ANS lost her weight through a personal trainer. Yeah, she might have taken TS...but I don't think THAT'S the ONLY thing she did.

Catgirl67
03-19-2004, 04:49 PM
I am sure TrimSpa didn't work for Anna Nicole either. She probably had a ton of plastic surgery, and at least two tons of cocaine!

MrsJim
03-19-2004, 05:59 PM
Can't resist responding...

She probably had a ton of plastic surgery, and at least two tons of cocaine!

ANS already had a bunch of plastic surgery. IMO she needs to have her boobs redone - WAY too big. Judging from her 'performance' on her 'reality show', I would have to say that her drug of choice is probably 'downers' of some sort, rather than cocaine. :lol:

I watched the first episode of the season (I don't make a habit of watching ANS, but it was featuring her big Trimspa tour through NYC, so I couldn't resist...) and the finale of the show - which featured ANS doing a third-rate Marilyn Monroe impersonation (of course it was "Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend") - ended with her arms out and upper arm batwings a-shakin' (if someone had been standing close enough they would have risked being knocked out!)...so I think it would be safe to say that Ms. Anna could use 1) a personal trainer and/or 2) an arm lift. (I was trying to find a still photo of that on the Internet...but apparently TrimSpa and E! have kept the wiggly triceps from view online. I'll keep looking though...) :lol:

Also, if you had Anna Nicole's $, you could look like her too!

Unfortunately, money doesn't equate slimness - look at Oprah and Liz Taylor for example - they've had a DEVIL of a time keeping weight off. (Liz did look smashing there for a year or so back in the 1980's - she even came out with her OWN diet book, "Elizabeth Takes Off".). I believe that ANS' golddigging case against her late husband's estate is still in appeal, but I don't think she's hurting financially.

The latest thing I tried was Dreamshape (Egods!) which is Human growth hormone. Just flushed 44.00 bucks on that too.

That couldn't have been *real* HGH - first off, it's illegal to sell OTC and secondly, it would cost a LOT more than $44.00 if it WAS legal. (People go to Mexico for HGH treatments that cost tens of thousands of dollars...)

josiechick
04-16-2004, 04:19 AM
I did some research about the product and found Trimspa is involved in 2 recent lawsuits, so far. The second suit claims the appetite supressant ingredient, Hoodia Gordonii Cactus, is not even *present* in the supplements! Then I checked their website and noticed that the Anna Nichole link states she lost all that weight in eight months. However, the print ads (I found one in "People" magazine) claim that she lost the weight ("painlessly") in a "matter of WEEKS". Why this discrepancy? :?:

To further invesitigate the website, I filled out their anonymous free consultation. At a stated 5'0" and 85 pounds, with a weight goal of 75 pounds, TrimSpa would recommend $157 worth of their products to me. This is sick.

The "Bizrate" link on the site did not even work for days, which made me want to check with Bizrate to see if the product is even reviewed there. I didn't see any positive reviews.

I am no Anna fan -- I could care less -- but I also find it offensive that the "new" Anna is cited to be "hotter," "more beautiful," and the "real" Anna Nicole. Are fat people not real? And Anna is hotter, more beautiful, etc. to whom??? Whose standards are these? What I mean is, who has the power here and who is purposefully being mislead? What image of and values regarding women are being sold to both women and men with these Anna ads? Because the pill is a very expensive non-effective placebo.

There's also the fact that Anna Nicole's show recently got cancelled AND she lost some major money in lawsuits. Looks like she needed some mega-bucks. Looks like she got what she needed from Trimspa. And I doubt it was the weightloss she was after because Trimspa DOESN'T WORK! (Of course she employed other methods. She probably has an eating disorder now (if she didn't have one already.)

So, let me tell you something about this Anna Nicole. Anna couldn't give a bat's butt about Trimspa. She is a total opportunist, who is seriously lacking in ethics. As a stripper, she was courted for three years by a very wealthy, very elderly man. She married him and one year later he died. She says she waited 3 years to marry him to prove she was not out just for his money. NO. She waited 3 years because she was making AS MUCH money as possible off him as just a stripper and he was already giving her luxury gifts (houses! cars!) without her having to do anything! She led her customer on so she could get more from him, keep him coming back, keep herself making money and she probably got a bonus from the club. (I worked once as a stripper -- I know how it works... you do not want to lose a loyal customer. You keep him coming back no matter what. It's why I quit -- the ethics. I just wanted an unusual experience and to dance. I didn't want to cheat men.) I guess Anna figured at 89 her man would die soon, so she better marry him to get a grip on the rest of his loot. (She lost the estate to his youngest son.) The Trimspa campaign seems like another of her carefully plotted schemes.

Ok, I am an idiot. I've seen and despised the Anna ads. AND I actually bought Trimspa because of them. :bomb: Sad, huh. The bottle cost $40. I could have paid my phone bill instead. It would have had the same ZERO effect on my weight. Advertising hype -- I know better! I've studied this, taught this! Yet, these ads still compel and seduce me. That is why advertising is a billion dollar industry -- it works: "You are not good enough. Buy our product and your life will be a success story." ("results not typical" -- heh.) It's subliminal. :mad:

Anyway, $40 for 10 days worth of ineffective pills. Better to pay for four yoga classes. :chicken:
Josie (just a girlchick.) :( )

MrsJim
04-16-2004, 09:31 AM
Josie - AWESOME post. Yup, it's amazing how advertising/marketing can seduce even the most intelligent of us to buy some lame product.

And Anna Nicole - she's like a train wreck - hard to look away. :lol: Did you see that True Hollywood Story on her? Apparently she's turned her back on her entire family...I did think that she was appealing the lawsuit though. IMO, she isn't entitled to a penny of that old man's money! THS did mention that while the old guy was alive, he gave her a ranch, expensive jewelry, money, money, money, etc. If she had a brain cell in her head, she could have invested all that and been comfortable for the rest of her life, instead she pissed it away. (I REALLY feel sorry for her son!).

Mindi
04-16-2004, 11:12 AM
You GO Josie! LOVED your post!

Mindi
04-16-2004, 11:33 AM
40 bucks is cheap compared to what I saw it priced at. LOL

Musicgal
05-01-2004, 02:15 PM
Hi, I just looked at the packaging on this yesterday, and I can't remember verbatim but it mentioned something about choking on the pills? That alone would scare me.

Cinnymamma
05-01-2004, 05:11 PM
Great thread :) Very nice post Josie!

Musicgal: Yes, if you don't drink enough water the pills can cause your throat to swell up so much it swells closed. There was a pill like this in the 80's that was banned for the same reason.

Also, even the TrimSpa commercials show in very fine and tiny print on the bottom that ANS used a personal chef (I watched the episode in which she hired him) AND a personal trainer in ADDITION to the TrimSpa.

There is no magic pill out there. IF there was we would all already have it. People would be killing for it and dr's would prescribe it freely. Unfortunatly it takes hard work, discipline and determination (and LOTS OF SUPPORT) to lose the weight. These best come in the form of proper diet and excersize. I figure its punishment for letting myself get this way in the first place :lol:

Anyways, just my 2 cents. I hope I didn't come off harsh or high and mighty or anything. :o

Sugar Apple
05-11-2004, 10:19 AM
I am currently on Trimspa for the past week and I haven't seen any major results. The only thing I can attest too is the increase in energy but it has been only one week and at the end of the month I will be able to offer some true criticism of the product. Also, I have none of the side-effects that many people have described.

BeckyBoo19
05-14-2004, 02:13 AM
Hey everyone!

I just wanted to say that I recently used TrimSpa after seeing Anna Nicole's amazing results. I went online and filled out a questionaire type thing and they recommended several weight loss produects besides TrimSpa itself such as a special fatblocker, metabolism booster, vitamin supplement, etc. It totalled up to almost $300 for a half a month's supply!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Instead I just purchased a single bottle of TrimSpa. I had more energy and didn't eat as much, but I never saw any results. The whole bottle lasted only two and a half weeks - yikes. I guess I could have kept trying but I didn't want to waste the money. Plus if you think about it she probably has professional trainers and cooks at her disposal - so I'm sure it wasn't entirely TrimSpa. I wish we all could get that kind of treatment :dizzy:

lottie63
01-22-2005, 04:06 PM
oh come on, she was taking advantage of him the same as he was of her....he got some eye candy to put on his arm, what about his ethics??? They deserved each other imo.

DumbFox
01-30-2005, 08:55 AM
Well, I might get bashed for this...but it worked for me. I don't pay $40 for 60 pills...I get mine at Wal-Mart $27.00 for 75 pills. I've been using them for 3 months and have lost 36 pounds. I lost 16 pounds in the first two weeks. I take 2 pills a half hour before each meal and they totally kill my appetite. Case in point...went to my favorite Chinese restaurant with my hubby last night and ate 1 crab rangoon, 1 cup of steamed rice and a few pieces of stir fried chicken and was stuffed. I normally would eat 2 cups of fried rice, 4 crab rangoons and a plate full of fried chicken with sweet and sour sauce.

I think everyone's experience is different, but I'm proof that it works for some.

dierkingl
01-30-2005, 12:12 PM
Its amazing that Walmart sells all those pills now, trimspa, relacor,estrin d, etc. It is much cheaper than buying online. Have a great day. :)

marny
01-31-2005, 06:00 PM
Today is my second day using Trimspa. So far I'm impressed. It does make me feel full. It's much easier to eat less. It's not going to magically make fat melt away, but it's been a good help so far. I should post again in a few weeks to say whether I still think it helps, and if I've lost weight. I'm following the ZONE plan of eating. I like it, but get hungry, so hopefully between the two I'll have some success.
I have not felt jittery, but my body is used to quite a bit of caffeine from diet pepsi. The only negative is that I do have to go to the bathroom more often, and I sometimes have very stinky, runny poop. (Sorry if too much info, but thought it might help someone to know they aren't the only one.)

Suzanne 3FC
01-31-2005, 06:16 PM
That could be the Vanadium, marny. Diarrhea is a side effect of that, as well as the glucomannan in the pills. You can read more about side effects and the ingredients in our report on Trimspa (http://www.3fatchicks.com/diets/trimspa-rotten-egg.php).

If you stick to the Zone, the hunger will go away on it's own. Most people only experience hunger at the start of a diet, then your body gets used to the smaller portions of food.

fatfornow
02-02-2005, 05:13 PM
Suzanne is right, after a while your body will adjust, but I have to say that I needed the little push to get to that point. I have been trying and trying to get in the good habits for nearly a year, but it just hasn't been working. Trimspa, whether it was simply the placebo effect or whatever, has actually given me that push to start eating smaller portions (I just don't feel like eating more, where before I used to stuff myself and then keep going) and I don't feel starving 5 minutes after I eat breakfast. I know it isn't a long term solution, just something to use for a kick start for a few weeks, but I think that sometimes you just need an extra push. I actually have energy now when I get home from work to workout, and then to cook a good dinner, instead of getting home, grabbing some fast food and then feeling too full to workout. And it is the only pill I have tried that didn't make me jittery and sweaty.

I am ultra-paranoid about getting a pill stuck in my throat, though!

marny
02-04-2005, 12:15 AM
Thanks for your feedback. I'm still using the trimspa and following the ZONE. The yucky side effects in the bathroom stopped thankfully. Now my only complaint is that I'm tired a lot. however, it has been a very stressful week due to other factors. So, it will take some more time before I can tell if I'm tired due to the trimspa or stress. Of course, the other possibility is the reduction of calories. I'm eating 1000-1100 calories per day, so my body is adjusting.

I do believe that the trimspa helps me to not feel hungry. I don't know if any of it's other claims are true, but not feeling hungry is good enough for me.

I started walking too. Not far, but at least I'm moving my body.

I'll update again.

Marny

michellejy
02-09-2005, 08:48 PM
On the Trimspa commercials, the disclaimer at the bottom says people lose an average of .6 to .8 pounds per week with diet and exercise. The first time I saw that, I looked at my husband and asked if Trimspa actually makes people retain weight. :lol:

Paisley
02-12-2005, 07:00 PM
Wow, Josie. . .great post!!! Seriously, all that makes sense. I'm like you with the advertising seductions. . .I always pause to watch those ads, though so far poverty has prevented me from buying any of the supplements. thank goodness. If I had money, I'd have a cabinet full of 'em and still be fat.

That said, AMS is kind of pathetic---I mean I remember a year or more ago, one of my favorite magazines, JANE, did a makeunder on her (they strip people of their layers of bad makeup and make them all pretty and natural looking). She refused to leave her bed. Completely refused, and could not be convinced.

They had to move her in her bed into a room with good light for the photos. That's crazy, and explains why she looks really unhealthy even though she's thinner. . .the woman seems to hate exercise--as mentioned in the batwing anna post.

--paisley

Jennifer 3FC
02-14-2005, 12:41 AM
Marny, why don't you try and stop the pills and see how you do? "The Zone" is a fat burning zone, but it is also a no-hunger zone. If you follow the plan to the letter, you should get in a groove where you aren't hungry (other than normal healthy meal times) and one where you have lots of energy. The diet was designed to combat the same thing that TrimSpa claims to do, naturally, and without side effects. Good luck!

jewels2
02-14-2005, 08:22 PM
Hi All,

About 6 months ago, I gave in to my curiosity and purchased a bottle of Trimspa....Honestly after the first few days, I was hungrier than usual, and also I felt jittery all the time, like having a constant rush!! I also became scared with the thought of two pills before every meal. Just kinda seems a little scary taking so many pills!!! I think that these advertisements make a good game, but in the long run they only hurt you...Not only do they make you think these pills are miracle drugs and get your hopes up...But who knows if these people on TV are actually realistic??? I admit, some people claim these trimspa, dexatrim , etc. diet pills work for them..Maybe so, but how long can you live off of them>>>???? Its actually a scary thought!!

dierkingl
02-14-2005, 08:35 PM
You keep on doing what you are doing to lose weight, from your bar, you have lost quite a few pounds. good luck to you and keep doing what you are doing.

Beautiful_Inside
02-15-2005, 02:39 PM
My personal experience with TrimSpa is that it works. It works for me. If you read the package you have to take it so long before it even honestly begins to work, I bought a small package and I liked what I was seeing. I wasnt at hungry I seemed to have more energy. Maybe it was the placebo effect but it works.. As far as living without it, I can, I can take it for a month straight and then be off of it for a few weeks and not fall into any slumps with it. But I also combine working out and eatting healthy. It does curb my cravings that I have for sweets and junk food, that's good because those can tend to be my downfall. Since Christmas Ive lost 15 pounds taking TrimSpa and workingout. Im still taking it because it works for me, everythng doesnt work for everyone. If you're losing weight working out, awesome. Some people just need that extra push, and Im one of them. I do know there is a chemical in the pill that once its combined with water or liquid it expands, that's why some people get the gas and the burping.. Because once it goes down your stomach is basically filled with air.

marny
02-16-2005, 04:01 PM
Hi guys,
Well, I stopped the Trimspa. It was making me severly sleepy to the point of not wanting to get out of bed all day. So, I'm back to the Zone full throttle, and doing well. The Zone was very successful for me a few years back, so I'm hoping to be able to stick with it again. I added a block to my day, so I'm not hungry (now at 11). Trimspa was not the solution for me.
Marny

mcpixy
02-16-2005, 05:36 PM
When I was on this I lost weight for the first several days than I hit a plateau. I also noticed it made me feel really jittery, especially around bedtime. I sold my pills to my inlaws and called it quits but afterwards I continued losing weight on my own so I think it was a good kick-start for me!

Jennifer 3FC
02-16-2005, 10:07 PM
Good luck Marny, I'm sure you'll get in The Zone in no time and be feeling great!