Support Groups - Stay at Home Mom's # 129

View Full Version : Stay at Home Mom's # 129

candybar74
02-24-2004, 07:39 AM
Welcome to a thread devoted to women who have the priviledge of taking care of our families while winning the battle to control our weight and have better health! Feel free to join right in! We look forward to getting to know you better! ;)

candybar74
02-24-2004, 07:50 AM
Hi!!! I can't remember if I addressed everyone on the last thread or not. Spryng, I couldn't hardly see the pictures. Is there anyway to make them bigger? I would really love to see a regular sized picture of Tanner. I don't think I've ever seen one and it is hard to see his little face in those tiny pictures!!! Who does he look like? Anyhows, congrats on getting into the dress! I am jealous, again!!! I haven't tried my pre-pregnancy clothes on yet but I am not ready. If I tried them on and they didn't fit, it would be too depressing!

Andrea, I'm thinking about you. Thanks for letting us know how you are doing. Wish your DH was here with you now but at least you will get to see him this weekend. So Detroit, huh? Have you ever lived up north before? Where are you from originally?

Geri, know what you mean about being chicken. Even if you can repaint it, you really don't want to!!! Maybe you could paint a piece of cardboard the same color and do the stencil on it and hang it on the wall to see if you like it. I've seen them do things like that on Trading Spaces. :) Super Big Congrats on the loss!!! Yeah!!! You've been doing great w/exercise and snacking so you deserved a nice # on the scale!!!

Melinda, congrats on avoiding the snacks last night!!!

Well, I can't remember anything else from the last thread! Ok, so for dinner last night I had Korean Tofu and Vegetable soup. Ok, I know it sounds gross but it was good. I had some kimchee (spicy fermented cabbage) that was past its prime so I made a soup out of it and put it over rice. It was good. I also had a salad. As for exercise, whoo, am I out of shape! I did my 2 mile WATP and started my pilates but didn't make it more than 5 minutes. Just too out of shape. I also got on the Gazelle for about 10 minutes. So, at least I got something in. Today, I am going to concentrate on my water consumption.

Hi everyone else!!! Ricci, Ginny, Lori, Gosia and anyone else I missed! Well, I am SUPPOSED to be working as usual. Better get something done. Talk to ya'll later! Hope everyone has a great day!!

spryng
02-24-2004, 09:13 AM
Candy I didn't realize you couldn't make those pictures bigger so I will post them again and you should be able to click them and see the larger picture.

spryng
02-24-2004, 09:28 AM
Good morning all! I think those turned out better. Now you can click them and see them full sized.

Well I am scurrying around this morning trying to get ready to go see my DH. I find that I am like a dating teenager sometimes with all the getting ready I do , lol. But anyway, I didn't get any exercise in last night but I still have plenty of time this week to get it all in. Tonight I plan on making overn fried catfish for dinner. Haven't had that in a while. With some stir fried veggies and maybe some brown rice on the side.
Candy, which pilates do you have?
I'm sorry I can't get mor personal, I'm suppose to be leaving in an hour and I still have to get a shower and blow dry my hair, makeup, etc... I'm feeling rushed!!! So I promise to talk more later when I get home. Andrea you are in my thoughts!
TTYL!

ECmom
02-24-2004, 11:44 AM
Another busy day.......maybe this week will slow down a bit. BBall season is almost over, which at least gives me some time back!!!!!!
Love the pics, Spryng- gee you look great!!!!!!
Gotta go- Hi to Candy, Geri, Andrea, Ricci, Gosia, Lori.....anyone else I missed. Have a great day!
Ginny

ECmom
02-24-2004, 11:48 AM
Just skimmed the last thread.......Andrea, hope you are ok- I'll be praying for you.
I spotted the entire pregnancy of my youngest......and sometimes it was a whole lot more than spotting to boot! Hope you are ok.
Ginny

candybar74
02-24-2004, 01:43 PM
Ok, I forgot how or when we are supposed to be recording our exercise or whatever else we are working on but here goes: I did my WATP's this morning, the 3 mile one! Ouch! I swear she was trying to kill me! I made it though now I could use a nap! I am doing my laundry today, all by myself. I am firing my helper as soon as she finds a real job and she couldn't come today so I decided to give it a try and see how I do. So far, so good.

Spryng, I have the Winsor Pilates. I think you know that so you were probably asking WHICH Winsor Pilates I have, huh? I have the 7 disc set, which is the beginners ones, that I loaned to my mom because you don't need them after you learn the moves, and then the abs, buns and thighs, upper body and complete body workout. Then I recently got the burn series which is a 20 minute and a 60 minute workout. I haven't done either of those yet. Attempted but failed on each!!! So I am WATP"s this week and then next week I may try Pilates again. Got to get my strength back first! And Ginny, can I say thanks again for introducing me to the WATP's series? I really, really love them! It is just sooo easy, but not really. But also enjoyable and actually more of a workout then you realize. So, thanks!!! Again! Hope things settle down for you.

Ok, well, I am off to do more laundry and I am going to try and pick out some light fixtures today. Ky is still sick and she is pretty congested in her chest. I feel so bad for her but she doesn't complain. She's just too sweet.

TTYL!

candybar74
02-24-2004, 01:46 PM
Oh, Spryng, thanks for reposting the pics...much better! It seems Tanner and Bubba kinda look alike. Do they look like your DH? I think Ava looks like you but of course, I could have it all wrong. It is hard to tell in pictures.

spryng
02-24-2004, 04:28 PM
Good afternoon all!
I didn't expect to be home already but as soon as I got to joplin and pulled up next to DH's truck he got a call from his boss and his load needed to get delivered a day early, so he just had time to eat lunch with us and then head out :( I was dissapointed but what can we do? He'll still be home friday so I'm not worried about it. So I went to walmart and spent some money, some people stress eat, and I like to stress shop, lol. I bought me a much needed new pair of pants. My jeans were so baggy and even the belt had gotten to big! So I got me a nice pair of khakis (sp?) that fit wonderfully. They are cut small so they are a 9/10 and a perfect fit on my hips. Nice to not be pulling them up constantly. :) Then I went and rented the kids a cartoon and came home. Long drive for nothing but that is ok. I will take an hour with my DH anyday. He was more dissapointed than I was. But he wanted chinese for lunch and I'm not sure how many pts I had, I'm guessing around 15-20 so the rest of the day I will drink my water and eat very light, maybe just stir fry for my dinner instead of the fish and make the kids something else. And of course tonight I'm planning on doing my pilates.
Candy, yes Tanner does look like Bubba, their baby pictures are identical! Only Tanner has darker hair and grey eyes whereas bubba has blue eyes and blonde hair. And yes, they look like my DH. You should see his baby picture. They all look the same :) And yes Ava is a little me. Only without blue eyes. And she acts so much like me that is scares me at time! lol, but in a good way. She is a good girl all the time. Glad your housework is going well without your helper. Maybe it's for the best.
Ginny, another busy day for you? I don't believe it!! LOL. You never slow down, it just wouldn't be you. :dizzy:
Well I guess I should get off of here and do something. I don't know what since everything around here is done but I guess I can read my new Health magazine I just got in the mail today. TTYL!

meltin
02-24-2004, 09:22 PM
JW is teething and he has been running a low grade fever. I wish I could take the pain away from him. It hurts me to see him so upset. Any suggestions on the teething. We go for his 6 month appt tomorrow, so I will check with the pediatrican.

No workout for me today. I am so concerned about JW that I have been watching his every move. Just being a first time mom.

Resisting the late night snacking and stayed on program. Hope everyone is have a good Tuesday evening.

Chubba
02-24-2004, 10:00 PM
Good evening everyone,

Melinda, Tylenol during the day and Motrin at night ... the motrin lasts longer. It's too bad that they have to go through the pain, but at least it doesn't last more than a couple of days.

Spryng, glad you got to see Dh even only for lunch. Any little bit is nice. Glad you found a new pair of pants too. I have many different sizes here, so once I start going down all I have to do is go to the archives :lol: But then I'm getting rid of all my fat clothes because I refuse to ever wear them again. I won't have anymore pregnancies to use as an excuse to eat!! Got the word from the doc's today that the vasectomy worked :D and my friend TOM came to visit today so no surprises there either :D

Candy, I love the WATP too. It does seem easy even though you end up sweating your butt off (hopefully literaly!). Today I did pilates in the morning (I have "Pilates for Dummies" ... it's a beginner and intermediate workout ... I haven't mastered the beginner's part yet :dizzy: ). Tonight I got on the treadmill and even jogged for a minute or two. Scarey sight...I probably scarred poor Will for life. What am I saying, he's seen me naked ... if that hasn't already scarred him nothing will :lol: :lol: Glad you're feeling well enough to tackle that laundry on your own. That's a good sign. Hope Kylie is feeling better soon.

Hi Ginny. It's great that you pop in so that we know you're doing great ... just busy! Life is hectic isn't it??

I decided to be like all the other Mom's out there and take both of my boys grocery shopping with me. I thought that if I waited until tonight to go I wouldn't get any workout in. It really wasn't too horrible. Will could have been much worse and Tony fell asleep. It amazes me the positions that kids can sleep in. Sure didn't look to comfy to me!! I usually only take them both to any store if it's going to be a quick in and out because Will get's way too restless. Tony was flopping around in the cart until just recently too... even with the straps.

Dinner was whole wheat spaghetti with sauce and meatballs and a salad. With TOM I was really tempted to double dip into the spaghetti, but I behaved myself.

Have a great night everyone. Talk to you all tomorrow!!

A&A's Mom
02-24-2004, 11:02 PM
Good Evening Everyone!

I've had a busy day. Me and my friend Amber ate at Pizza Hut and then went to Walmart. It was nice to get out of the house for a change. It helped to keep my mind off of things too. I'm still bleeding. I think I probably have lost the preg. It makes me sad, but I've had a real peace about everything. I know when the time is right, I will have another child. I really don't think my family will feel complete until I have 3. I go to the Dr. tomorrow and I will know for sure then. Thanks for all of your prayers! :D

Candy, I've never live up north. I'm from Arkadelphia, AR. It's a town of about 10,000 people. It's a really nice place to live. Dh is from Gurdon, AR about 20 mi. south of Arkadelphia. We live there now. It has about 2,000 people in it. Now you really know I live in the sticks! I like living in a small town. Everybody knows everybody kind of like the Andy Griffith show. :lol: I would only move to be closer to Dh. This is home to me. Proud of you for all of your exercise!!!! ;)

Spryng, I'm sorry about you day with Dh. I know you were glad to see him if only for an hour. It does make you sick when you thought you had the whole day though! Ya'll are doing great on your exercises! And I loved your pictures. You have very cute kids! ;) I love your long hair! Mine is short and light brown. I used to wear it long, before kids! :lol:

Geri, I know what you mean about having clothes in every size! :lol: My sizes range from 8-14! I can't wait until I'm in those 8's again! Thanks for all of your prayers!

Melinda, hope JW gets to feeling better. I agree with Geri on the medicine! It worked great for me!

Well I'd better get to bed. I have a long day tomorrow! TTYL!

spryng
02-24-2004, 11:28 PM
Good evening all.
I am so glad this day is over. After I wrote my last post things got very stressful for me around here. The kids decided to put me to the test with my nerves and won. I was so irritated and stressed out, then the dvd I rented wouldn't work so I loaded the kids back into the van and exchanged it for another one and while I was in town I thought I would get the kids a kids meal for dinner since I was frazzled and didn't feel like cooking. Well I ended up ording me a combo meal and I ate every bite. I was so disgusted with myself. I haven't stress eaten in a long time but it just took over me. Then the kids escaladed once we were home and I was so upset. Finally I told them they were going to clean the living room (which they had been demolishing no matter what I did to try and stop it) and go straight to bed. I think they finally got the point because they cleaned up the living room without any more prodding and then I sat them down for a long talk about behavior. It worked. THANK GOD! They were great the rest of the night and just now went to bed. I am so emotionally tired though right now and I'm feeling so guilty going over my pts today... I think I used up the rest of my flex and probably a few more too so the next couple of days I need to get in extra water and some extra exercise. Keep on me girls so I will get it done, ok? I can sure use some support right now. I feel so bad. But tomorrow is a fresh day and a no mistakes so I'm going to look forward to that. :)
Andrea, you are handling things so well. I am hoping the baby is fine but if not it's good to see that you are dealing with everything ok. You must be a very strong woman. I admire that. Let us know how the appointment goes tomorrow. We are here for you.
Geri you are doing very well on your exercises! Keep up the good work and send some exercise vibes over here. I needed to do some tonight but I just feel so overwhelmed and tired. So I plan on trying to get in two sets tomorrow. We will see how that goes.
Melinda, Tanner is teething right now too. Last week he ran a fever for two days solid and was so cranky. Do you have any of that baby anbesol (sp?) that gel you put on the gums that relieves the pain? There is a night time formula one also that lasts longer and helps them sleep. Maybe you can try that. Also, does your baby like a pacifier? If so put them in some icewater and then give him one to suck on, the coolness with help with the swelling and pain, and then alternate pacifiers... or even a washrag with some ice in it tied up helps alot too if they will chew on it, or one of those teething rings you can freeze or chill in the fridge. But mainly you just have to give it time. Once those little teeth push through his pain will subside (until the next one wants to come out, lol) My aunt used to give her son beef jerky to chew on when he was teething because it was so hard and chewy he could really knaw on it a long time and relieve his discomfort without actually eating any of it, but he got the flavor of it and liked it.
Well I need to get in bed before I collapse here on the desk... TTYL!

ECmom
02-25-2004, 07:09 AM
Morning!!!!!
Spryng- sorry things ended up tough for you......sometimes you just have to almost give in to that stress eating and get it out of your system! As long as you get back on track today, you will be just fine! You are doing great!

Candy- glad you like the WATP tapes. Nice too that you can keep the intensity low, or kick it up a notch. And seems so easy.......until you are huffing and puffing on that 3rd mile!

Andrea- I will keep praying for you.......gosh I know how tough that can be!!! ( I lost 3 pgs in 12 months). Keep your chin up.....big hugs! Feel free to PM me if you need to vent/unload.

Melinda- hope your day quieted down and the baby is ok.

Geri- WTG behaving yourself with the pasta!!!!!!!

Sorry to be so short.......gotta go to work. WW meeting and Walmart today- so the rest of the day is busy. Have a great day!
Ginny

spryng
02-25-2004, 09:24 AM
Good morning all!
So glad that yesterday is over and today is here! :) I feel so much better about everything today and I know I can overcome yesterday's eating.
Ginny, thanks for the encouraging words. And you are right, it seems like stress eating has it's own force that takes over your physical and mental compacity until you are done stuffing your face, lol. Hopefully he won't visit for a long time again. :) Can't wait to hear about your meeting today and your WI!! Sending you skinny vibes!!!!
Well today I plan to keep myself busy. I'm going to get some light housework done, there really isn't much to do because I've been staying on top of it. And just relax and get some exercise in, hopefully twice today. I plan to do my pilates when the kids nap today and also after they go to bed tonight. We are aiming for 3 workouts a week, if I get two in today does that count as two?? or because it's all in the same day it only counts as one?? I won't exercise tomorrow because it's the day before my WI and muscles hold water after a workout and can influence the scale so I just don't do it so I'm hoping I can count two workouts today of 20 min or more each and hit my 3 for the week. Let me know what you all think about that.
Andrea, my thoughts are with you today. Hope the appointment has a happy ending for you. Hang in there.
Ok, I guess I'm off here to eat some breakfast. Tonight I'm making that oven fried fish that I was suppose to have yesterday for dinner. What is everyone else having?
TTYL!

candybar74
02-25-2004, 11:50 AM
Morning! Fixin' to go in and get in some exercise. Twisted my knee day before yesterday so I think I will try the pilates today since it does not require that I stand up.

Spryng, sorry about the rough night. I know it is harder for you than for most of us since we can yell at our DH's "They are YOURS now!!!" and you can't so a little stress eating is understandable. As for the exercise, you suggested the challenge so I will leave it to your discretion! Doesn't bother me if you count 2 in one day as 2 though.

Ginny, hope your meetings and Walmart go well. Spend a couple dollars for me, ok??? I am on RESTRICTION with my spending. It is funny, Spryng, that you mentioned stress spending the other day because that is me to a tee! But I have imposed a restriction on spending for myself (my Dh can hardly spend money when I force him too!) so I can get my debt paid off so I can quit working!!! Our house payment will be more for the new house but with only 1 car payment and all our credit card debt paid off, we should be able to make it on 1 income. Anyways, way off the subject, Ginny, look forward to hearing how your meeting went today!

Melinda, hope JW cuts those teeth soon. All the suggestions given are great. I wouldn't go too crazy with the pain killers though as they aren't good for their little bodies but sometimes when it is really bad, you got to do what you got to do!

Geri, you totally crack me up!!! The whole Will seeing you running/naked thing had me cracking up!!! Sounds like you are doing great on the exercise and snacking!!! Congrats! Keep up the good work!!!

Andrea, I'm thinking about you! Hope your visit goes good today but if not, we are here for you.

Ok, well, part of my exercise goal is to get in at least some exercise before noon. Beings that I only have 10 minutes left, I better get my behind off here and in there exercising!!! TTYL!!!

meltin
02-25-2004, 12:38 PM
JW appointment went well today. He is 18lb 6 oz, 6 months. He had two shots and a prick on the finger for blood sugar. I am so obsessed about him being overweight, being that my Dh and I have such a weight problem. I am hoping that we are both much lighter and healthy by the time he is old enough to know. I definitely do not want to impose our weight issues on him. Anyway, the doctor said that he is growing at a good rate and that I should not worry about him being overweight.

Geri: We use the whole wheat pasta and brown rice for the lower carbs and I really don't mind the difference anymore. One thing that I can not seem to change is the ground beef to ground turkey. Great on the Pilates workout. I am going to have to try a Pilates class again, it is all the rave. I remember all of those position being quite difficult. I am so high strung that it is hard for me to calm down in pilates and yoga. I have loosen up a little since the baby though.

Andrea: That is great that you got to go out with your girlfriend. I have been thinking about you this week. I truly believe that there is a reason for everything.

I did not get breakfast with JW appt this morning. I need to make time for it, b/c I am starving at lunch and I think I continue to eat during the day to make up for it. Haven't got a workout in yet, but hope to report one before the day is over.

Keep up the good work ladies!

Melinda

ECmom
02-25-2004, 01:26 PM
Hi!
Dh sent me online to send an email for him......so here I am again.

Melinda- glad to hear that JW's Dr visit went well. A lot of little ones are chubby- and how nice for him that you are making healthy choices from now on! Try to relax a bit about his weight- I know it is hard. As long as he is active and eating quality foods (eliminating most junk) he should be just fine.
Hope you get your workout in......funny you should mention breakfast my WW leader was harping on that!

Candy- sorry about your knee! I hope you are feeling ok.....and can still get some workout in. I did not spend anything for you......this was just a food run and I did not allow myself to get into clothes...crafts....any fun stuff!!!! My wallet is on empty (had to write a check) and thankfully- payday is tomorrow~!!!!!!! But I hear ya with finances. One income is doable...sometimes challenging....but what a blessing for your family to have you home for them!

Spryng- AP's are counted for the week, hon....so the way I see it you have worked out for 2 days!!!!!!! Hope today is nice and relaxing for you and you can get your Pilates in.

Well, as for WW, I guess I am plateauing...lost 0.2# - but then I did have those stir fried green beans last nite with soy sauce......so probably lost some. I have also changed my workouts- the new WW tape does build muscle, and it is possible that I am in that phase too.....and muscle weighs more than fat. Not worrying about it- though- but these last few pounds are taking forever....... Drink your milk ladies!!!!! Laura mentioned there is a real link to the protein in milk combined with the naturally occuring calcium that assists weight loss. 3 glasses a day is what she mentioned......but that is a lot of points......

Gotta go face the monsters......see ya later.
Ginny

spryng
02-25-2004, 02:33 PM
Good afternoon all!!
Ginny, congrats on the .2 lbs lost!! That is great. I know it doesn't seem like much but you are right, a new workout will influence that and you have probably started to lose more inches now too. And I've been hearing alot about calcium making people lose more weight... I read up on how yogurt is really helping people lose weight faster, so of course I bought some and have been trying to eat at least one a day (but the study said you need to eat 3 a day, but that is at least 6 pts just on yogurt!!!! I can't bring myself to waste that many pts on something I don't like that much, lol) I don't drink my milk either... I know I know... I need milk. But 2 pts for 8 oz of fat free milk doesn't interest me. I rather have a no pudge brownie for 2 pts!!!! :lol: But I do take my multivitamin and eat cheese in alot of my meals and such so I know I am getting in good calcium without having to actually drink the milk.
Melinda, I agree with Ginny. I wouldn't worry about his weight yet. It'snot called baby fat for nothing. As soon as he starts walking and then running he'll slim down. All my kids went through a chubby phase as infants and they are sticks now. Tanner is slimming down with his marathon crawling, lol. BTW, he turned 8 months old yesterday. can you believe it?? He'll be walking soon. Time passes so fast.
Candy, hope you got your exercise in. I'm fixing to do mine also. :) Then I'm down for a nap.
Well, my day is getting better and better. The kids played outside most of the morning which helped keep them calm inside. I think they are fed up with winter too. Once summer hits they will practically live outside. I can't wait. And I think I am going to try and incorporate some fun things to do this summer, like going to the park more often, walk on the nice walking trails with them, etc. They would love to get out and I would love a change in exercise every now and then.
Ok, need to get off here. I won't be at the chat today because I'll be exercising and then snoozing so I'll chat with you all later!
TTYL!

candybar74
02-25-2004, 03:05 PM
Hi all! Got in my 22 minutes of pilates. Remarkably it was much easier to do it alone than to do it after WATP's! Imagine that. I have noticed both yesterday and today after I exercise I get a bad headache. I am drinking plenty of water and really don't know why. This ever happen to anyone?

Ginny, I need to do a food run also. Just juiced the last of my carrots and oranges and both fruit bowls are almost empty. Ugh. With Ky being sick I'm gonna have to find a way to get to the store. Maybe tonight after DH gets home. Anyhows, congrats on your loss which is as you mentioned is also probably muscle gained!

As for the milk, I hope noone gets offended but in all my reading lately, I came across some info I found interesting and thought I would share. We all know that cow milk was originally intended for baby cows. In fact, humans are the only ones who continue to drink milk after being weaned but did you ever stop and think about how big that baby cow grows up to be after drinking that milk??? Cow milk contains all the ingredients to produce bones that can support 2000 + lbs. As for osteoporosis, Americans, Canadians and 2 other countries consume the most milk. The Japanese won't touch it because they think it is gross. Did you know that osteoporosis does not exist in Japan, they don't even have a word for it? Know who has the highest stats? USA, Canada and the other 2 countries that consume the most milk. If you have to drink milk at all, it stated that goat's milk would be best since the body frame of a goat is closer to the frame of a human. Ok, I'm done. :soap: I do love ya'll though and thought you should know. And if you wonder why this information is not well known here in the US, just think about the $$$ involved!

Melinda, glad JW's appt went well. Who is your ped? I agree the with others about the overweight issue. And I strongly encourage you to start him out right by not letting him have junk from the beginning. As a voice of experience, it would have been much easier if my kids had never had the junk!!! They are doing really well with our new way of eating but it is a little hard on them at times (especially with all the commercials for junk on tv!). Anyhows, hope you got in a workout. As for pilates, some of the positions are a little difficult at first but they have modifications where you can cheat a little until you get stronger.

Well, I'm gonna try and get some work done. Hope everyone has a great day!!!

meltin
02-25-2004, 04:44 PM
I did one of my .50 cent tapes Abs and Chest of Steel. :) It was all right at least worth the money. I did not feel like moving the furniture in the den, so I could not move around as much, but I think it was a pretty good workout. Downing the water too.

Spryng - 8 months wow! I know time does go by fast. When do they learn to sit up. JW is not yet at 6 months. I am not one of those parents that is pushy him to do anything. But it will be nice when I can prop him in the grocery cart instead of the carrier. We are going to have to trade in our infant carrier for a new one in the next couple of months. Which one did you get? CR says the Evenflo Titan or Truimph is great safety wise.

Candy - We go to Dr. Geils - Seacost Pediatrics. She was on JI but has moved downtown until her new office is ready in JI, not until Spring 2005. They have parking so it is not too bad. JW started eating solids about a month ago. I buy the cereal and oatmeal, but have been making veggies and fruits. I think making his food will eliminate the extra sugars and additives. I bought the Super Baby Food book and it shows how to make the oatmeal and cereal, but I have not ventured into that yet. My point being that since I am breastfeeding and all; it should all be healthy baby weight. People can be rude about saying how big a baby is. They don't come up to adults and say they are fat. As far as the headaches, it could be caused by getting up to fast or not stretching enough. When I ruch to do something else, right after a workout. I also get headaches. I think your body just needs time between each action. I have also gotten headaches from drinking my water too fast after a workout. I have started drinking it throughout, so that I am not so thristy in the end.

I am with you on the milk thing. I don't like to waste the points. The only time I really get it in is in cereal. I try to get at least a swallow when I take my prenatal. Oh and they are great with those cookies. But since I got that out of my system, I will not be getting my milk intake from there. Candy, that is interesting on the milk. My mom is Asian and never had a weight problem, hates to drink milk, loves coconut and soy milk instead. Think of the fat in coconut, it must metabolize well.

Melinda

A&A's Mom
02-25-2004, 05:10 PM
Hey Everyone!

Wow! This thread has been busy today! There's no way I can address all of the posts.

I went to the Dr. today. He did an ultasound and we could see the sack still in my uterus. There was no sign of a baby or a heartbeat. He said we should wait until Monday just to make sure and then he will do another ultrasound and see if anythings changed. If I haven't passed all of the preg. by then, he will do a D&C. Is that the right word? I'm spelling it like it sounds. Anyway, after the ultrasound, it was vaginal, I have been bleeding like crazy. I know for sure I'm having a misscarriage. I just hope I don't have to have a D&C. Dh will be home for my app. on Monday. It will be nice for him to be there with me.

Well, I was down 2lbs from last wk when I was weighed at the Dr. office today. I'm starting WW again and will focus my attention on that. Hope ya'll have a great rest of the day!

spryng
02-25-2004, 05:30 PM
Oh Andrea, I am so sorry for your loss. I know you have mentally prepared yourself for this but it must still hurt. My heart is with you. But don't try to rush into anything right now diet wise. You are recovering from a pregnancy after all and your body still needs time to heal. Listen to your body and go from there.
Melinda, Ava (my oldest) sat up the day she turned 6 months old. Tanner was crawling before he would sit up, but he was about 5 1/2 months when he sat up. And My first son was 5 1/2 months also when he first sat up. I'm not sure what kind of car seat I bought. It's a really nice one though. Evenflo, I think. It is kinda rounded and Tanner just LOVES it! it was expensive though but worth it to me. Tanner has been on cereal since he was a few weeks old. Now he hates baby food so I puree everything we eat in my food processor, but now he is able to pick things up and feed himself so I buy some of those gerber toddler foods now, like the mess free ravioli's. He will eat them well because he can feed himself. But he loves just about everything I make, but his favorite food is those puff cheetos. I know all about the junk food things with kids but I figure a little bit won't hurt them but teach them how to eat it in proportion to the rest of the healthy things they eat. It's worked for all of my kids so far.
Well dinner is almost done. Smells so good in here. What is everyone else having? TTYL!

candybar74
02-25-2004, 09:58 PM
Hey all!

Andrea, so sorry to hear the sad news. I'm thinking about you.

Melinda, congrats on the workout. We see Dr. Vasko at Plantation Ped's West Ashley. As for sitting up, both my kids did at 4 months. I remember someone coming up to me in Walmart asking how old Sean was because he was this tiny little thing buckled up and sitting in the cart. Both my kids started eating solids around 4 months. Kylie was sitting in a highchair eating goldfish at 4 mos! Ugh!!! I was not in a rush, especially with Kylie, but both my kids were. I would love to have a baby that stayed a baby for a little bit! People were always talking about Kylie's size. She was a CHUNKY baby. Now she is normal size. They really do start thinning out when they get moving. As for the headaches, I did drink through out but maybe I need to do a little more cooling down than the videos allow for. I will give that a try. It was weird because I have never had that happen before when exercising.

Spryng, did you do your fish tonight? I had a salad with some new dressing I picked up (not super crazy about it) and an avocado with a wasa cracker. Talk about fat! 1 avocado has 40 grams of fat. Can you believe I eat one almost everyday and am still able to lose weight? Anyways, I have 2 sick kids now and a fussy doctor on my back so I am about to pull my hair out! It is the end of the month and one of the dr's in particular always gets fussy at the end of the month. Oh well. I have decided that I would like to quit my job around September 2005. Whether or not it happens is yet to be seen but I can hope!

Well, I am gonna get off here and deal with my babies. Hope everyone has a good night!

Chubba
02-25-2004, 10:04 PM
Hi everyone,

Andrea, I'm so very sorry for your loss. Please feel free to talk to us about it anytime you need to. I'm glad Dh can be with you on Monday ... it would be too rough emotionally to go it alone. You are right ... God has a plan for everything.

I'm not going to address everyone tonight. I'm a bachelorette freak so I have to see the final show tonight.

I got in my 3 mi WATP dvd this morning although I was diverted occasionally by chasing the boys around who were misbehaving!!

I drink milk with breakfast or have it in my cereal, have a yogurt with my first snack fruit, and a glass of milk with my afternoon fruit and also with dinner. I like milk! Candy, have you ever tasted goat's milk?? I used to date a goat farmer and I could have died when I tried it!!

Gotta go ladies. Hi to Ginny, Melinda, Spryng, Lori, Ricci, anyone else??

Chubba
02-25-2004, 11:10 PM
I had to come on to check my email because I forgot to earlier. I don't remember if anyone else watches the show, but once again, she chose the wrong man...I mean Matthew was the PERFECT guy!!

Oh well, to each her own!

Good night

A&A's Mom
02-25-2004, 11:23 PM
Evening All!

I'm having kind of a sad moment right now. I got to thinking about the fact that I found out 2 of my good friends are preg. and are due within a few weeks of me. It makes me sad to think they are going to have their new babies this fall when I should be having mine. :( I think Dh not being here has made things a little more sad for me. (He's been gone since Mon.) He left knowing I would probably miscarry and it's been hard on him too. I think he's feeling a little helpless. Anyway, he brought me roses on Sat. Sheldon is the sweetest soul I have ever met, but he's not very romantic. :lol: I think he tries to suprise me from time to time though! Anyway, I know I've told ya'll a hundred times I'm going to Memphis this weekend, but I'm really excited and I think this is just what I need!! Good quality time with Dh and my boys.

Candy, sorry you are had a rough day. When both of my boys are sick, life seems to be hard! Ya know? Thanks for the warm thoughts!

Spryng, did you post your white bean chilli on Candy's site? I would love to make that. Did you say it was 3pts. per cup? Thanks for being concerned about me! I won't overdo it I promise! I am kind of getting excited about exercising though! I really love to walk the neighborhood with Alex in a strowler. It seems to relax both of us. But, I'll wait a little bit before I start doing that! This week it's supposed to be in the high 60's, so at least I can get outside without a jacket and get some fresh air!!

Geri, I keep telling myself, God has a plan and gives a peace that passes all understanding, that's for sure!! Otherwise I know I would be going CRAZY!!! :lol: I can't believe how much milk you are drinking/eating! Good for you!! Guess what I dreamed last night? My Dr. was out of town for my appt. and Dr. Phil was filling in!! :lol: He said he'd never done any "female doctoring" before! I was freaking out!! Glad it was just a dream! I woke up and thought about you since you are reading his book right now. I have crazy dreams. :lol:

Hi to everyone else. Hope all ya'll sleep good tonight!!

spryng
02-25-2004, 11:27 PM
Good evening all!
Well here it is. Another day gone. I am so relieved. I am pooped! :)
Geri, sorry your show didn't turn out the way you hoped. I didn't watch any of the bachelorette this time around. I just never like Meridith much.
Candy, yes I did make the oven fried fish tonight. I liked it but of course the kids didn't so I made them some mac and cheese to go with their dinner and that made their day. I hardly ever make it anymore. I had brown rice and steamed veggies with my dinner and it all hit the spot. I love avocados! But the fat, even though its a healthy fat makes them so high in pts. So enjoy one for me too!
Well I did get in all my workouts... thankfully! lol. I think I will be so sore from it tomorrow. With pilates you really have to keep your "powerhouse" (abs) contracted at all times and I really focused on that today and I could feel a difference. The workout seemed much more intense.
I guess I'm off to bed now. TTYL!

A&A's Mom
02-25-2004, 11:27 PM
Geri, I agree with you about Matthew! I couldn't believe she picked the other guy!! Did you see the way he took the rejection? He's a man with a heart. Didn't ever act ugly or selfish. He'll make some woman happy someday! LOL!!

spryng
02-25-2004, 11:34 PM
Andrea we must have been posting at the same time :) Don't feel bad about being sad. It is so normal. Grieve if you need to. And yes when the fall comes you will probably be sad once again but who knows maybe by then you'll be pregnant with a very healthy baby!! :) I wish the best for you and your family. I'm glad you will get to spend the weekend with your DH. I haven't posted the white bean chili recipe yet, but I promise I will post it here tomorrow for you ok? And I know you will take care of yourself, I just worry about all of my friends. And you ladies are very much my friends :) That is funny about your dr.phil dream!! I have some very strange dreams sometimes too that I wake up thinking how in the world did that happen?? I dreamt about denise austin coming to me and she was really over weight and wanted me to help her lose it.... I also had a dream about Steve from blues clues once also that was hilarious. lol. Can't control what you dream and they can get weird, lol.
Ok, I really do need to get in bed now. Talk to you all tomorrow!

ECmom
02-26-2004, 10:55 AM
Hi!
Just a short hello- I hardly got any sleep last night and am actually going to take a nap. (unheard of for me!)

Andrea- I feel awful for you......having been thru similar myself a few years back. Hopefully you will not need the D&C- I have had 2 of those. They are not awful (you are anethestized) but still just one more thing to worry about. I still have several excellent articles on miscarriage- they deal more with the emotions than anything else- that I found comforting. If you like I would be happy to send them to you. My heart goes out to you.

Ok, so I did stay up and watch the Bachelorette.......and I agree Meredith is not someone I would want to call friend......and I would love to talk to her in 5 years when she wakes up and realizes she made a huge mistake. Nuff said????!

Gotta go, I am tired.......forgive me for not getting personal with everyone.
Ginny

spryng
02-26-2004, 03:17 PM
Good afternoon all!
Ginny I hope you got a good nap in. Sometimes we just need a power nap or a long nap to make it through the rest of the day.
My day has been going well. I made one huge mess in my kitchen. I'm getting my avon order in today and my avon lady misplaced my reciept so she called to see if I still had my copy lying around so she could bag everything so I was making grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch and had already put the bread on the skillet when she called, so of course I got all excited about my goodies coming in that I ran to find my copy and the next thing I know I saw smoke and my grilled cheese sandwiches were burning and cheese was oozing everywhere! I left a spatula too close to the burner and it melted too... What a MESS!!! But it turned out well. I just scraped everything off into the trash and started over again. We had egg drop soup to go with our grilled cheese and it was super good. hit the spot :) I need to be more careful next time though, lol. So my avon lady should be here any minute to deliver my stuff and I can't wait to play with it all!! I love new makeup. Then after the kids get up I am off to town to buy groceries for this weekend and next week. I'm getting excited about DH coming in tomorrow. Seems like it has been forever.
Ok, I need to get off of here. What is everyone having for dinner? I'm probably going to grab something at the store or maybe hit subway on the way home. Haven't decided yet. well, TTYL!

Chubba
02-26-2004, 03:19 PM
Good afternoon everyone!

Will's taking a NAP!! OMG I hardly thought it was possible. I had to go to the bank then decided to take a drive out in the country a little bit and BOOM, out he went! :D He'll be crabby when he wakes up but I'll enjoy the peace while I have it. Tony's busy chewing away on something. :)

Andrea - I don't mind Dr Phil in my head and on my TV .... but he's the last person I want down there if you know what I mean :lol: :rofl: And Spryng, Denise Austin asking for help losing weight.....TOO FUNNY!

Ginny and Andrea I hear ya. I mean not only is Matthew drop dead, 6-pack abs, trade in my Dh in a minute if Matthew would have me (not really :o ) gorgeous but he communicates and holds himself together well. Why isn't he already married???? Some woman is going to be very very very happy some day!! I mean he was excited that Merideth could want him to be the father of her children! The day my Dh would say something like that ... sheesh! :rolleyes:

I got in a bottom body toning session and 1 mile of walking this morning. Tonight is girl's night out so we're going to dinner at a place called Noodles & Co. Never been there but sounds good. Then to 1 of the girls for dessert. I have had no sweets for about 1 1/2 weeks so I'm looking forward to a small piece of dessert. Then Saturday we have my nephew's birthday party. I will be having a small piece of cake there too!! If I get home early enough I may take a walk on the treadmill. I have so much extra energy these days I don't know what to do with myself!!

Well that's about it for now. Better get more done while Will's asleep.
Talk to you all later.

candybar74
02-26-2004, 03:58 PM
Hiya! Ginny hope you got a good nap!!!

Spryng, too funny! Do ya know I did that too one day. I burnt the grilled cheese sandwich so bad that the top bread was burned from the bottom up!!! It is amazing that mother's do not burn houses down more often than they do! Hope you have fun with your Avon goodies. I am not much of a make up person though I try now and again for DH's sake. I did buy some from Avon though when I got the cellulite creme because they had some really good deals. Plus, I had to replace my mascara that was at least 5 years old. What time is your DH due in? You get him for 4 days right? Does that mean he'll leave Tuesday morning?

Geri, you definitely deserve dessert!!! You are doing fabulous with your exercise and I love to hear that you have more energy! Isn't it great?!? I did my 2 mile WATP's the morning and might try to go get in some pilates.

Both kids are sick and it is the end of the month...ugh!!! I know I probably already said this in a previous post but I'm stressing a bit. Too much to do and too little time to do it. I was up way to much last night as both kids came and got in bed with us. DH left and went to their bed. My mom did come and watch them for a couple hours today so I could go to pay our property taxes on the vehicles and renew registrations. Tomorrow was my last day so I was stressing. Normally I do it online but there was a "glitch" that caused DH's bill not to print so I had to go get it done. Ugh!!!

And for dinner....hmmmm. Well, not sure. Might do a MS farms parmesan ranch chik pattie and a salad. Have any of ya'll ever had pecan butter? I made some yesterday with just pecans and honey. Yum! We put some on a cracker and it was a nice little treat. Kinda sweet but not overpowering. I LOVE pecans anyhows. Geri, dessert tonight isn't pecan pie is it? Or is that a more southern thing?

Well, I've babbled enough. Gonna try to motivate myself to work or else go exercise. I ordered the WATP's 1 mile and I am gonna try doing it first thing when I get up to see if it will boost my energy even further. Plus exercising in the morning is supposed to improve your sleep so maybe it would help me sleep better too!

TTYL!!!

spryng
02-26-2004, 11:22 PM
Good evening all!
Candy, I love makeup. Any kind, any where, lol. But I don't wear makeup that screams "look she's wearing makeup!!" I just wear neutral colors and such. Right before I got married, at my bridal shower a friend told me that I should always get dolled up for my husband. It's the little things he will appreciate and it stuck with me. I dressed up for him while we were dating and I still dress up after 5 years of marriage :) including my makeup. And he is due in sometime tomorrow. Don't know exactly when. could be tomorrow morning, could be late tomorrow night. And he doesn't leave out until wednesday morning. His days off doesn't start until saturday so friday's are like a freebee.
Geri, I hope you had fun at your girls night out! I wish I got one every now and then. And congrats on getting in two workouts!! You are sure motivated. Great job.
I went grocery shopping tonight and walmart had most of their workout dvd's on sale! I bought a new pilates one. It's called The Method Pilates. It has 4 workouts, abs, arms, thighs, and hips and each are 15 minutes long so you can combine them all for a really long great workout or pick and choose which ones you want to do. I watched it tonight while I was re-dying my highlights in my hair and it looks much harder than the pilates I already have. I'll be trying it out soon. But I had subway for dinner and it hit the spot. Tomorrow is WI and I am nervous that my stress eating on tuesday might impact it. I just hope I don't see a gain, and I hope I'm not too dissapointed if it stays the same, either. I really want a loss. But I will take the consequences of over eating on tuesday. Wish me luck!
ok, I need to get in bed. TTYL!

candybar74
02-26-2004, 11:23 PM
Wow! Where is everyone today? I justed (that is short for just wanted...caught it after I posted! :))to note that I did get in a pilates buns and thigh workout. Almost killed me! I guess those regions are REALLY out of shape. I did have my chik pattie on a bun. It was yum! ER tonight was pretty good but looks like next week is a rerun! Drats!!! I hate reruns! Well, I am off to bed. Both kids are finally asleep so I'm gonna get some before they wake up coughing. Hope everyone is having a good night!!!

candybar74
02-26-2004, 11:28 PM
Oops, Spryng, we were posting at the same time! I agree about dolling up for DH. Not that I do but I agree I should!!! He would sure appreciate it! Although lately he's been all over me without...he is loving the new me...so when I have on normal clothes (yes, I admit there are days when I don't get out of the flannel and tshirts!!) he just about goes crazy like I am really fixed up. Sad but true. Anyhows, hope DH makes it in early!!! Anything special planned besides family picture? TTYL!

spryng
02-27-2004, 08:29 AM
Good morning all!
Well just did my WI and it was bad. Gained 1 lb. I hate that so much. But it's my fault. I'll just have to do better this week. Which will be hard with DH home for 4 days. But after I use my flex this weekend I told him I will not go over my pts monday or tuesday while he is home. I already bought low pt meals to make. He'll just have to suffer, lol. I'm too close to my goal to keep messing up!
Candy, nothing really special is planned for this weekend. It's suppose to be in the high 60's so hopefully we can take the kids to the park or something. Monday we want to get a baby sitter and spend the day together, but we'll see. I have yet to ask SIL about it. But nothing specific planned.
Well I am going to re-clean this house now, the kids had fun messing it up last night. So that is all I have planned for today. I still don't know when DH should be home so I'll be trying to stay busy until then or I'll go crazy. Well TTYL!

need2losemore
02-27-2004, 09:21 AM
started a new thread. See you there

babygrant
03-30-2004, 12:28 AM
can I join you ladies? Also, which section in the forum is this group located in??

Angela

mompen
03-30-2004, 06:59 AM
Hi Angela,
We are now on STAY AT HOME MOMS 142, I believe!

Here is the link:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38684#post550868

Copy and paste it to your browser!

See you there :)