View Poll Results: What star sign are you? (can't do 12 options, so I've grouped them as elements!)
FIRE - Aries, Leo or Sagittarius 3 13.64%
EARTH - Taurus, Virgo or Capricorn 6 27.27%
AIR - Gemini, Libra or Aquarius 6 27.27%
WATER - Cancer, Scorpio or Pisces 7 31.82%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2001, 05:13 AM   #1  
Scotland's finest export

Talking

hello girls, hope everyone is doing ok. good luck with WI, well done on losses, get well soons to those that need them!

glad to hear you all understand now that when i take the tube to work, i don't mean the tv! ali - i think it is just a generic use these days, shame cos it probably did mean something more specific years ago. yup - just asked my boss about it and it used to only mean the deep underground lines, but nowadays everyone uses it to mean the whole underground. still, at least the darn thing was up and running again today. and so was i.
lolly - bad girl. cadbury's creme eggs are on sale in the united kingdom of great britain and northern ireland all year round. not just england! just sticking up for the scots, welsh and irish there!
personally i'm mad on cabury's mini eggs. creme eggs make me feel sick.
ooh, and i had NO cake yesterday! hooray! (the gannets at work quickly polished them off and i was safe). thanks for all the support, i'd have felt v guilty if i'd given in!
today is friday (for those who aren't quite with it yet) and i'm in charge of the weekly office treats (usually wine, olives, nachos and salsa). which is good because (A) i get to go out the office purely to wander round marks and spencer's food hall and (B) i can make sure we get some low-point stuff in. they've got lots of cool harry potter sweets (candies?!) and cakes in at the moment. i might buy a sorting hat to see what house i get put in (gryffindor please!).
cadbury's milk tray usually refers to a box of chocolates. the choccies are milk chocolate, some with soft centres (orange, strawberry), some hard, some nuts, some coffee etcetc. i should stop now...
can't wait to read everyone's fave recipes - tag them onto that recipe thread i started if you like...

suppose i should start work now...speak to y'all later,
kirsty

Last edited by Kirsty; 03-30-2001 at 07:14 AM.
Old 03-30-2001, 07:19 AM   #2  
Crime Fighter

Default Ding Dong the Witch is Dead!

Had to post my overwhelming excitement over the fact that Jerri was voted off last night. Yay!
I am going to an office retreat today, and so that should be fun... then my father is coming into town (from Lennox-Vegas, Ali) to spend the weekend with me! So that should be fun.
Have a great day
L
Old 03-30-2001, 07:28 AM   #3  
Running Babe

I should tell ya of the cool compliments that I received yesterday, these were actually non-weight loss ones. One of my old high school friends says I just look happy all the time now. This is cool, because my natural demeanor is kind of serious (though it honestly doesn't reflect my personality). She also says she's happy that I am happy with myself which was really cool. The next was from one of my college friends, he says he sees my true self shining through and is happy that I am now sharing it for the world to see!

I am also going back to being a blond. I keep having a need to express my individuality, is this weird? I want tattoos, piercings and to dye my hair again (mayeb it's a quarter-life crisis). To contrast this though, I can't see myself losing my preppy clothes (I am a prep, c'est la vie, I bought some really nice clothes yesterday, size 9 at Dynamite).

Kirsty: Thanks for the info, I'll tell my dad, he's really into slang and likes to be updated on stuff like that. It's funny for about a month after I came back from teh UK this past summer, I kept using British slang, but I have lost a lot of it now (including the phrase, I gotta get it all sorted).... Unknown fact about me, when I am really tired I pronounce everything in an English way (with a Canadian accent though, it's funny). My parent's still have their accents (or as they say, they don't have accents, us kids do ) so I think that is why I find myself talking like that (or as my parents say I start speaking properly). Gryffondor rocks (I love the Harry Potter books)!

Belle: Well I am moving out of Lennoxville on April 25th and to Ottawa within a week of that (I should know by tomorrow which day). My parent's pretty much live at the half-way point between Sherbrooke and Ottawa (being slightly closer to Ottawa). Come to Ottawa one day! I would love to meet ya (and I'll try to get to Calgary one day too, my good friend has a daughter I have yet to meet and she's almost a year and a half now, so my friend keeps trying to get me to come visit her and her family <she put her daughter on the phone last time I talked to her, it was so cute> ).

To everyone else *hugs* and hellos!

Take Care!

Ali

Last edited by Sweater Girl; 03-30-2001 at 07:47 AM.
Old 03-30-2001, 07:36 AM   #4  
Running Babe

Lola: Enjoy the retreat! have you been to the mall in Sherbrooke recently? It's looking a lot nicer now (the have a bay where part of the Eaton's was and put a whole bunch of new stores there as well like the GAP and Yves Rocher), I was impressed. I also like Simmons a lot as well, their clothes are so nice (they should put a Simmons in Fairview).

Take Care!

Ali
Old 03-30-2001, 07:39 AM   #5  
Crime Fighter

A GAP in Sherbrooke? Wow. Very impressive. During my time, the Carrefour was a bit skimpy. I hate to admit it, but I haven't been to the Townships in over a year... my father usually comes here to visit. I should, though. I miss the Lion (although their chicken wings helped send me to WW).
Old 03-30-2001, 08:45 AM   #6  

Hi Everyone Busy here this morning... It's raining out. Yuck. It's not supposed to rain on the weekend! I'm hoping it'll clear up but I'm not sure if it will. Have no idea what I'm doing this weekend yet. Anyone have any interesting plans? Well, just wanted to say hi. I need to finish waking up LOL.
Old 03-30-2001, 08:55 AM   #7  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Good morning girls!

Kirsty - good going with the cake. Way to hang in there!

Ali - that sounds awesome. I'm sure those comments made you feel great.

The weather here SUCKS.. It's worse than rain, it's worse than snow - it's slush falling from the sky. Will this crap ever end? Where is spring already?

I did well with the enchalada dinner. It was delicious. And I had my roommate put less cheese and less chicken in the two enchaladas on the end.. so they may have been less than 8 points.. but I counted them as 8 to be on the safe side. I had one and a hlaf last night and I brought the left over half for lunch today. Then everyone had ice cream for dessert.. and I had sorbet instead. So I was still under by one point at the end of the evening.

I was SOOOOOOO glad Jerri was voted off. They still have the tribe advantage. SHe's such a you-know-what! SHe was shocked and it was hilarious. My friends and I were cheering!!!

Have a great FRIDAY!!!!

Lisa
Old 03-30-2001, 09:34 AM   #8  

Good morning ladies!!!!

I am so excited that it is Friday!!!!!!!

Lisa ~ I knew your dinner would be fab, glad to see you stuck within your points!

Shalyne ~ The weather is the same here, really dreary. Will it ever shine out???

Ali ~ I am so happy for you with all the compliments you are getting. Nothing feels better, and you deserve them!!! I am also pretty much a preppy, but since I have lost 35 pounds, have found that I have highlighted my hair (which is pretty much blonde anyway, but I thought it was sort of a change), bought some pretty trendy clothes and more form fitting ones, and had my belly button pierced. Change is good, and my DH says I am "sexier than ever!". (Oh, and I have a tattoo too, but got that while in college).

Kirsty ~ I really enjoy hearing about your day-to-day life. Our slang is different, and culture for that matter. I have never been able to travel overseas, I wish I could. I love seeing how others live and the differences in lifestyles.

What are some traditional things you all did when growing up? For us, here in Wisconsin, we did a lot of piling in trucks, getting beer, and having pasture parties til dawn with bonfires. (I know, very unsafe; beer, fire, trucks, not good, but boy, were they fun!!! )

Well, now I am sad cause I am reminising over the old days and high school, man, was that fun. Ok, Tonya, reality check, anyway, I have been staying OP this week, and walking every day, so hopefully my WI will be good on Sat.

Well, it has taken me about 20 minutes to type this, so for those of you I missed, sorry!! And a big "Hello!"

Check in later....
Old 03-30-2001, 09:35 AM   #9  

Happy Friday everyone! It's disgusting weather-I woke up to SNOW! I thought this was all over with...oh well...I am on call tonight which means I get to spend the next 30 hours in the hospital...I need to not snack at all of the nurses' stations...WI is tomorrow morning this week-I change the day almost every week b/c of my schedule...think I'll end up doing ok after all of the ups and downs this week but I'll let y'all know.
Bye for now-lori
Old 03-30-2001, 09:36 AM   #10  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Default HI All

I ran through the house cheering when Jerri was voted off. Funny thing yesterday... I heard the Las Vegas odds for the winner and Jerri had the best odds. How weird is that??? Last night she ticked me off when she refused to pick names fairly. She showed her true bagginess!!!

Last night I got my hair cut finally and made an appointment to get highlights put in. When we voted on hair coloring, I voted that I never had it done, but am thinking about it. Actually, my goal was to lose 15 pounds before I could... but I switched it to 10. I couldn't get an apointment until April 17th, so I may be down 15 by then!!!

Tonight we are sending Emma over to my Bro and Sis-in-law with there 2 crazy kids. We are going to the theatre (not movie... performing arts), so Emma needs to be babysat!!

WE have this crappy sleaty snow coming down and I could scream. We still have snow piles here and it is almost April! UGHHHHHH. I want spring NOW!!!

Well, gotta fly... I have payroll to get done and also have to do an interview for a job opening we have. I hate interviewing people!!
Old 03-30-2001, 09:50 AM   #11  
Scotland's finest export

Default just had to say

it's all sunny and springlike here! but don't worry, we're predicted rain for tomorrow.
enjoy your night out jen!
lori - no snacking. can you bring low-point snacks with you?
tonya - when i was growing up we used to go camping in the middle of nowhere and drink lots (oh, and kiss boys!). or if someone's parents were on holiday we'd all party there. but once it was legal to drink (or you looked like you were 18 - our legal drinking age) we were off to the pub. and nothing much has changed since...
lisa - well done on your points! i bet you feel proud.
shalyne - are you feeling better?
lola - enjoy the retreat.
ali - woo hoo on the compliments!
i got two emails today from friends that i went to a party with last weekend. both were telling me that this guy had told them he thought i was "amazing". i tell you, men are a sucker for long, blonde hair!! it's funny, but i never got such attention before i lost the weight, and i don't think your size should be how attractiveness is judged. i always look at faces. but there you go. haven't told BF yet in case he gets jealous! but he's got nothing to worry about.
work work work, only a bit to go till i'm off to markies!!

kirsty
Old 03-30-2001, 09:51 AM   #12  
Parrothead

Default It's Friday!

Good morning all. I went to bed so early last night that I feel great this morning. I didn't go to the gym because I was so tired last night. Oh well, I'll just go tonight.

Kirsty ~ good going on the cake. All the talk of chocolates makes me crave (that darn PMS)!

Ali ~ Those are the best compliments to get. People also say that I have more of a serious/proper demenor, too! I just tell them its plain Southern Manners. Once most people get to know me they notice my really sarcastic sense of humor. Many of the people I hang out with are not from the South and don't understand a lot of the etiquitte things we do down here. I guess I'm just not with the times . Go for the blonde! I think it would look fab on you. Its not just you that is having a quarter century crisis. I want to change my look too, but I already have a tatoo!

Lisa ~ Try to post the enchilada recipe! I love mexican food. It sounds heavenly.

Hi Lola and Shaylene.

This talk of the GAP makes me want to go shopping. Thats the only store ya'll we're talking about that we have here. I just bought some of the loose fit jeans and I love them. The only problem is that they are already too big (darn). I guess I'll just have to give them away now...

I think I'm going to save my money and go to the outlet mall before the cruise to stock up. That gives me about 5 weeks to meet goal and go a little lower. eeek!

Hello to everyone else! I'll check in later.

bye now,
Kay

P.s. - I'll post a recipe I have for lettuce wraps. Very tasty!
Old 03-30-2001, 09:54 AM   #13  
Go Avalanche!!

Default HELP!!!

Someone brought in Lamar's doughnuts!!! I'm eating my vanilla oatmeal right now and I HAVE TO STAY OUT OF THE KITCHEN. I was already tested once and passed on the grocery store doughnuts that were in there when I came in. I have a BADBADBAD weakness for doughnuts (Trish!). These kind are especially good.

I haven't had time to read posts today but had to come for some support. I was at 25 points for yesterday! I'm so excited. Here is the challenge......the weekend. We can do it!

Oh, I'm feeling weak. Must...........resist...........ignore...........e vil...........food...!!!
Old 03-30-2001, 09:56 AM   #14  
Scotland's finest export

Thumbs up

if i didn't eat cake then you can't eat doughnuts.
don't do it!!!
Old 03-30-2001, 10:19 AM   #15  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Ohhhh donuts..... I love them to, but when I look at them now, all I can think about if how incredibly high in points they are. My faves are about 9 points.... UGGGHHHHH. Still love them and sometimes I splurge on a cake donut.... BUT BRENDA... if you eat your oatmeal, you can't have donuts because you already ate your breakfast. Tooo bad, you lose out!!!!
Closed Thread