Support Groups - CCRRMM Vernal Equinox Exercise Challenge: Hijinks at the Faire, Be There or Be Square

Amarantha2
02-22-2004, 11:17 AM
Come one, come all! By popular request, the Wandering Fitness Troubadors have graciously agreed to extend their Fitness Faire in the Village Square to March 21 in honor of the CCRRMM's celebration o' the Vernal Equinox ... that magical time o' year when day and night be in balance, spring officially arriveth in the Northern Hemisphere, birds and bees get a little gleam in their eyes and the voice o' the turtle be heard in the land ... :flow1: :flow2: :cloud9:

Anyway, the Fitness Troubadors are officiating at the First Annual CCRRMM's Vernal Equinox Exercise Challenge Feb. 22-March 21. All CCRRMM's are asked to come out and participate in the exercise event o' their choice. Post thy personal exercise challenges daily or weekly or in any time frame thou preferest on the giant magic board you'll find on the Faire Grounds near the Fitness Troubadors' tent. Everyone is encouraged to post any fitness challenge they have in mind for themselves ... be it a few minutes of stretching or even a day of rest (which is counted as a fitness activity).

Please come to the thread whenever thou canst and let the avid crowd o' celebratory fitness joust watchers know how each personal challenge came out ... brevity encouraged also ... the Troubadors will not let the Empress Amarantha talk thee to death!!!! :s:

All visitors and neighbors are also welcome to join in the events!!!!

COME TO THE FAIRE IN THE TOWN SQUARE!!!! BE THERE OR BE ...

:thanks:

Amarantha2
02-22-2004, 11:29 AM
Ok, Wandering Fitness Troubadors, I'm here ahead o' the crowds to place my personal fitness challenge on the giant board. As per thy nasty comment above, I shall not talk anyone to death and be brief:

One: I, Amarantha, pledge that this week I shall continue with my successful "360 Minutes of Exercise Quest!" Again, I shall divide the minutes up throughout the week in whatever fashion I choose and log the minutes on the spreadsheet I set up in my hard drive. I shall succeed in reaching 360 minutes for this, the third week in a row.

Two: I, Amarantha, am pledging that I shall do 30 minutes of this exercise time today (Sunday), which is often a day of rest, but one can't be sure what'll happen the rest o' the week, so it's good to get a jumpstart on the 360 minutes. It is likely to be in several short walks as I've not felt well BUT I AM PLEDGING TO ADD A VARIETY OF PLANKS to the walks, having seen a variation of that fab ab exercise in a magazine and wanting to try it!!!

Hope that be brief enough! :yes:

Wildfire
02-22-2004, 04:04 PM
Participant Wildfire signing up for the challenge! Not sure which events in particular I will take part in yet, but the overall challenge for me is to partake of 40 minutes of exercise per day, in whichever form it may present itself. Treadmill, video, walk outside, weights...whatever.

I was looking at the Slim in 6 video package this morning. Wonder if it is as good as they claim? Of course I don't believe the infomercial "miracles", but from the glimpses of the exercise videos, they look good. Also thinking about giving Pilates a whirl. :chin:

We are having a lovely Spring-ish day here. Bright blue sunny skies, mild, ice melting everywhere....but still a chill in the air. Gives one hope, though. After my laundry is done I'm thinking about a walk outside.

deleted2
02-22-2004, 04:25 PM
Queen Eydie loves a good challenge, so here goes. I may regret this but....I challenge myself to rise up early in the morning and get in some form of exercise before going to work. I love it when I can actually accomplish this---its sets me up physically and mentally for the day. However, I haven't done this in a while because it's cold and the bed is so toasty---but Spring is in the air and I must readjust my thinking!

Amarantha2
02-22-2004, 10:14 PM
Yo!!!! Huzzah!!!! Vernal Participants Wildfire and Eydie!!! Welcome to the Faire and may the spring breezes ruffle yer hair ... er, my report:

Participant Amarantha won a blue ribbon for meeting her challenges today. That'd be a 10-minute a.m. walk indoors (on "hall treadmill" ... through kitchen, living room, loooong hallway, turn around in exercise room and etc.) with several planks thrown in (practicing the "plank walk" ... do plank for the count, move arms one at a time out as if you were going to "walk" ... hold for the count, walk arms back, hold, repeat); and, a 20-minute walk/run, also on "hall treadmill." Huzzah!

Wildfire, I think videos are a good idea so if a package appeals to thee you'd probably like it, notwithstanding the marketing ploys ... haven't seen Slim in 6, but most exercise vids are pretty good, IMNotHumbleO! Why not treat thyself!? :) Pilates is great ... also if you're working on core strength may I put in a plug for the plank?! :s: That tightens everything up in a jiffy! :yes: Sorry for the unsolicited advice! Have fun!!!

Eydie, you've set a hard row to hoe as usual but you can do it!!!!! :jig: Good luck on that rising early thing! :wave:

deleted2
02-23-2004, 07:59 AM
I really wanted to stay in bed this morning. I mean really. But I roused my old carcass at 5:56 and did a 20 min. Pilates video and I feel good. Late, but good! :)

zadie k
02-23-2004, 11:07 AM
This week I will do at least 30 minutes a day on the stair stepper.

So far so good with 35 minutes clocked in for Sunday.

Amarantha2
02-23-2004, 04:46 PM
Yowza!!!!! Vernal Event Participant Zadie hath signed in at the registration desk with a goodly challenge and she be 35 minutes to the good already!!! Yowza!! :cheer: Have a blue ribbon, Zadie ... except we dont' have a smilie for that, so have a :cb: !!!!!

Huzzahs and a :cheer: to Participant Edie also, who hath also received a blue ribbon (except it looks like a banana) for hauling a** outta bed and meeting her challenge goal!!! Huzzah! :cb:

A :cb: goeth to Amarantha also for doing 55 minutes towards her weekly challenge goal of 360 exercise minutes! She doeth a 20-minute walk outdoors, 10 minutes walk/run on treadmill at gym, 25 minutes weights in gym.

Huzzah!

ceara
02-23-2004, 06:39 PM
Sword-Bearer reporting in!

Was held for ransom by knights errant (we shalt not divulge the fee) over the week-end. But hast been freed now, and am ready for duty....whatever it is.

Will aim for 20 min/day of either treading or walking....guess I'll do that after work!

Avanti!

Ceara

deleted2
02-23-2004, 07:08 PM
Here's my totals for today: 20 min. Pilates, 20 min. dumbells, 4 miles treadmill, and 200 crunches.

Amarantha2
02-23-2004, 08:33 PM
Yowza, Avanti Participant/Sword Bearer Ceara!!!!! Don't forget to take thy sword on thy walkies as those Knight Errants can be quite pesky!!!!!! Here be thy blue ribbon for the day ... it looks like a yellow banana, but ignore that: :cb:

Participant Eydie: Have another blue ribbon (TWO HUNDRED crunches? Wowza!!!) :cb:

Tomorrow Amarantha be going to challenge herself to go exercise first thing in the a.m. because she loseth focus later!!!! That's all she can handle with the hanging-on sinus pain (yes, went to doc but it's still here ... no fever so can exercise)! Avanti, Fairegoers, party on!

:cheer:

dollar
02-23-2004, 08:49 PM
Oh my oh my I have been lost but now I have found you all.
I couldn't remember where I left you all but now that I know I'm in for the challenge if you will have me back once again.
My goal for this week is to make it to the gym and to do 1hr-1hr30min workout at least 4xs and on the days I don't make it to workout at home with my fitness ball.
It has been astruggle because since starting the gym after reaching my goal wt I have put on about 8.5lbs yes I have heard the it is muscle and it weighs more then fat it is still hard to accept and around the Christmas season some of it was do to a little over indulging, on the up side my clothes are not feeling snug like they did in early Jan and the scale last week was down 1.8 so maybe I'm on my way back. I do keep up with the excercise and I must say I sure feel good and I can certainly tell when I have missed a few days. I planned on going today to get my week off to a good start but my son put the brakes on that idea when he woke up this morning with a foot twice the size it should be so we spent from 9-2 at the hospital and stillwere never seen we went to the doctors office and they sent us back to the hospital for an x-ray so now we have to wait until Tues for the result but Im going tothe gym in the morning if I have to tie him to the bed till I get back. So on with the challenge.

Wildfire
02-23-2004, 09:18 PM
Participant Wildfire picks up the blue magic marker and fills in her spot on the giant magic board in the towne square:

Activity for February 23: 40 minutes on the treadmill. :tread: UPHILL. Listening to disco. :eek: Barefoot....in the snow...:dancer: Okay, not barefoot because that is not proper treadmill safety, and the power cord won't reach outside in the snow. :D

It was fate, or maybe just a mere coincidence, but in today's mail I received a magazine from Running Room. So I'm off to have some water and see what's inside.

Welcome back, dollar! :wave: So glad you found us again!

Amarantha2
02-24-2004, 03:31 AM
Yowza, I just love this pink typeface!!!! :doh:

And YOWZA again because here is Participant Dollar back with us again and I'm so glad to see her!!! :wave: Dollar, we have three threads currently going on this forum ... all of them start with CCRRMM (Courtly Challengers, Regal Reducers and Merrie Maintainers!!! Not sure when thou lost sight of us, but we're all more or less here!!!

Your weight loss is fantastic and I think it's great you added that 8.5 pounds of muscle ... working out at the gym is great ... I just signed up for another year!!! Thanks for joining the challenge!! Have a blue ribbon for today (and, yes, it looks like a yellow banana because, as thou knowest, we haveth no blue ribbon smilie) :cb: !!!!

And YOWZA again as the event organizers discern Participant Wildfire hath blue markered her barefoot-in-the-snow challenge success story for today!!!! Wildfire, I think it WAS fate that thou received that running mag ... thou inspireth me to running aspirations again ... have a blue ribbon that looks yellow like a banana :cb:

ceara
02-24-2004, 09:31 AM
Did not tread last night...however, have done today's treading...20 min/1.25 miles if that thing is to be believed. 2 cups of water down my gullet also. Am off to do work programme and scavenge for oatmeal.

No food after 7 last night, 5 c of water for the day and no wine...no big eating gaffs either....not a bad day!

Ceara

Amarantha2
02-24-2004, 11:58 AM
:cheer: and a :cb: (blue ribbon) to Participant Ceara for her good day yesterday and her treading process this a.m. ... huzzah!!!! It's a good day to be at the Faire and eat healthy treats whilst we win blue ribbons!!!! :cb:

I've done 45 minutes walk/run on :tread: am entering a special challenge for myself to take a walk this afternoon to make up time towards my 360!!!!! Avanti!!!

zadie k
02-24-2004, 12:12 PM
Welcome back Dollar!

Well, I chalked up 31 minutes on the evil stair stepper. For some reason yesterday it seemed particularly difficult. Today it will be a breeze.

deleted2
02-24-2004, 05:37 PM
Hoorah! Dollar is back---reason to celebrate! BANANAS FOR EVERYBODY! :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb: :cb:

Rose up out of my crypt early this morning [5:50] and managed a 15 min. 'buns' video. :D Not as much as I'd like, but it's a start. After work I walked 4 miles on the treadmill, did 40 pushups and 200 crunches, and I still have 20 min. of yoga before I call it a day.

We're all doing so well. We rule indeed! :)

Amarantha2
02-24-2004, 05:50 PM
BLUE RIBBONS THAT LOOK LIKE YELLOW BANANAS ARE BEING BESTOWED ON PARTICIPANTS EYDIE AND ZADIE AT THE GRANDSTAND FOR MEETING THEIR CHALLENGES TODAY!!!! :cb: :cb: :cp:

Sorry to shout! It's the loudspeaker! Oh, and one for Participant Amarantha, who also hath taken her extra walkie pushing her exercise minutes for today to 65. :cb:

YEA, EYDIE, WE RULETH INDEED!!!!!

Oops, shouting again. How rude.

(We rule.) :wave:

dollar
02-24-2004, 09:16 PM
Hello all, met my challenge for today, went to the gym did an hour of weights for my lower body ( I hate doing lower my legs are angry with me for a few days) & I did 35min on the treadmill and increase my speed just a tad. Hey I was also back here again today that is a bonus. Take care all.

Wildfire
02-24-2004, 10:02 PM
"Forty-five minutes of repeating hills", Wildfire writes in Royal Blue on the magic board in the towne square.

Amarantha, can I have bananas instead of ribbons? I like bananas and they're great for energy. :cb:

Whoo hoo! We're doing it! :cheer:

Amarantha2
02-24-2004, 11:57 PM
Hear ye, hear ye, will Participants Dollar and Wildfire come to the podium to collect their blue ribbons for today!!! Yay!!!! Good work, guys!!!! Here's a blue ribbon for Dollar :cb: and Wildfire :cb: Let's give these two stalwart challengers a round of applause!!!! :cp:

Tomorrow Amarantha be again entering the Early-On-Exercise-Challenge and will go to gym, er, the parade grounds, before she doth anything else (except feed pets and bathe and stuff)!!! Yowza!!! Mayhap she'll see thee there, Eydie!!!!

Huzzah!

ceara
02-25-2004, 10:21 AM
Ha! 20 minutes on the tread mill, 1.29 miles....guess I went faster today. Also did a half hour dog training class last night and have been tossing the tennis balls for my ball demons. Food and water were quite reasonable yesterday....hoping for a loss at weigh-in tonight.

Hi Dollar! I didn't take any time to read the posts yesterday so I missed your exciting appearance! Welcome back! Glad to "see" you!

Ceara

zadie k
02-25-2004, 12:32 PM
30 minutes on the evil stair stepper. I hit it really hard as far as speed and intensity goes and it was not that bad.

Cerise
02-25-2004, 04:18 PM
Here's Viscomptess Cerise checking in sheepishly (3 days late to the Faire!!). I am having a devil of a time getting motivated to even THINK about going to the gym right now. I am in the pre-contemplation stage. I am, however, eagerly awaiting the arrival of my two new bellydancing DVDs, and am also seriously contemplating taking a Flamenco dance class at the local (within walking distance!) comm. college.

I have hardwood floors now, with 10 inches of concrete underneath, so I'm thinking that I should take advantage and start buying some exercise videos. I already did a stirring interpretive dance to an old A-Ha song (remember A-Ha? "Take on Me"?) and the floor was very, very nice to dance on. The cats were not amused.

dollar
02-25-2004, 07:18 PM
Well I'm heading for the gym about 815 tonight. Boy do I need to after the lunch I had today. I went shopping with my friend and we went to Montanna's for lunch, we started off well I had soup and a wrap but we ended up badly we had a Mile High Mud Pie however we did share it we didn't have one each plus we walked over to the place from where we shopped then went to another store, we walked and then walked all the way back to the car so that should help. We don't go often and we had a nice day, so I will be back on track in the morning. Well got to run I have things to do before I head for the gym.

deleted2
02-25-2004, 07:27 PM
Here's today's efforts:

200 crunches***40 pushups [at the crack of dawn]
4 miles treadmill
20 min. dumbells {it's so gratifying to see that my arms are totally different than when I first started this madness!}

Hey, Cerise--- Maybe you're having trouble getting motivated because you're just not a gym kind of person? I say this, because I hate going to gyms, but I love working out at home with my beloved videos. Your SIL could teach you some stuff to do at home too. Hope this doesn't sound too forward---just a thought. The flamenco dancing sounds wonderful--so romantic!

Amarantha2
02-25-2004, 08:05 PM
Yowza!!!! Listen up, Fairgoers, more blue ribbons are being given out as we speak in front of the main tent!!!! Ta-da-da-da (that's a trumpet blaring as banners fly in the wind)!!!!

A :cb: and a royal om shanti to Participant Cerise who hath won the best of show for precontemplation today!!!! Gotta contemplate before we do anything, so let's have a round o' royal applause for Participant Cerise, the future Fab Flamenco Dancer (that sounds FUN)!!!! :cp:

A :cb: to Zadie for 30 minutes on the EVILLLLLL STAIRSTEEEPER!!! Yowza!!! Well done, Participant Z!!!

A :cb: to Participant Dollar who walked off that half piece o' mud pie and be off to gym tonight!!! Good job, Dollar!!!! :cp:

A :cb: to Participant Ceara who did 20 speedy minutes on the :tread: and assorted canine assisting activities!!! Yowza! :cp:

A :cb: to Participant Eydie who not only did her exercises in the a.m. but that included 200 (TWO HUNDRED) crunches at the crack o' dawn!!! Huzzah!!! Thou be more stalwart than I, Participant E!!!! :cp:

A :cb: to Participant Amarantha who logged 65 minutes in gym (55 weights, core day, plus 10 recumbent bike) towards her 360 minutes and also pulled weeds for an hour at home (which doesn't count towards the total but beats sitting on couch, methinks!)!!!!

Just time to post on food thread before I head out to cover something. Later, Participants!!!!

Cerise
02-25-2004, 08:26 PM
I'm concerned about the number of bananas you seem to be consuming, Empress.

~Viscomptess Cerise

ceara
02-26-2004, 10:02 AM
Reporting in thus far today...20 min on treadmill 1.25 mi (and then the belt flipped, not slipped ....jeez), played t-ball with heathens and am off to the shower...feel ripe"ish".

Hope to get my hairs cut today, and do mundane things...pay taxes etc...may park and walk to do that though.

Have to add 15 minutes of walking through town yesterday...I walked to the weigh-in and walked back to work. 2 lbs down by their scale!!!

OK....off like a terd of hurtles here...

Ceara

wsw
02-26-2004, 10:25 AM
ceara-congrats on the 2 lbs. down! that's great!

today, i will do 20 mins. on my bicycle (it's stationery, has pedals, which can be placed on floor to use while seated or in wheelchair. can also put the pedals on table top and use for arm exercises, which i do too.); leg stretching exercises, and 20 crunches (for my back). will give this all a shot and see if i can do anything additional. for now, this is a pretty lofty goal for me, so will be thrilled if i can do this.

cerise-i think you had asked me on one thread what cardio-vascular exercises i can do when i'm "having technical difficulties" and inside during winter. since if i get hot, my body doesn't work much at all (due to ms), i do some bicyle exercises at the p.t.'s office using hands and arms together at a quick pace with a nice big fan on me! since i can't always use my legs, this unfortunately is not always a regular for me, but whenever i can, i seize the opportunity. i do physioball exercises (not cardio-vascular), but it is great for my back. i can only do those at p.t.'s office too, though now because they want to have someone right in back of me in case i run in to "technical difficulties." i also have videotapes with (wheel)chair "dancing" exercises which i do whenever i can. some of the leg exercises can get my heart rate up pretty well. again, i can't do all of these things all the time, so whenever all(well, or as many at a time, as possible, anyway) systems are go, i strike and get in whichever ones i can for that day. when i can't do anything on my own, and i am in physical therapy, they do passive exercises on me and move my arms and legs, so with all this combination, in one way or another, i continue to move in some way each day. i don't know if any of that info. was helpful or not, for your sil-who is the trainer. hope it was. if you have any other questions about that, please feel free to ask me. well, speaking of exercise, i'm going to tackle that 'ole bicycle right now. take good care, all.

zadie k
02-26-2004, 03:30 PM
Ok, so yesterday I do the big nada. So, the rest of this week I have to up my minutes to get the average ahead.

But on the plus side I am having some amazing squash/carrot soup with shittakke mushrooms for lunch.

Amarantha2
02-26-2004, 07:15 PM
Amarantha knoweth this be the exercise thread but this IS exercise related, as she decided to pitch all her size 10s today and put on her eagerly waiting size 8 jeans! They fit. This is due to exercise!!!! And a little bit due to calorie counting! So Participant Amarantha wins a blue ribbon :cb: for a moral victory!!!! And yet another :cb: for logging 40 minutes of walk/run on her "hall treadmill" as she hath not had time to go to gym today because of travel for work.

Blue ribbons are being given out at the main podium, followed by a free virtual dinner ... come one, come all. Huzzah!

A blue ribbon :cb: goeth to Participant Zadie for the moral victory of having a healthy and delicious lunch and for resting (because methinks the experts consider that rest is as important as exercise)!! Huzzah!

A blue ribbon :cb: be earmarked for Participant Wsw for her planned workout (which by now she's done and even if she didn't get it all in, it's all to the good)!!!

Two blue ribbons :cb: :cb: goeth to Ceara for TWO POUNDS down and for her walking and playing Tball with her heathens!!!!

Blue ribbons are waiting at the podium for all who stop by tonight and report their challenges!!! The judges are going to have dinner!!!! :wave:

Kaylets
02-27-2004, 07:02 AM
Hello all!

I finally got here!! I heard the troubadours songs and the bright laughter and knew I was missing all the fun!

Empress! So exciting to be down a size! Can you remember the last time you wore size 8?? For me, it probably was when I was 8!!

I only have my 8 flights of stairs to report...really need to add something instead of just talking about it.... TODAY IS THE DAY!

Kaylets
02-27-2004, 07:06 AM
But wait, b/4 I go...

Congrats Ceara on 2lbs down!

And Zadie K-- more details please on the soup! All those ingredients sound great!..

deleted2
02-27-2004, 09:30 AM
Ceara, congrats on being down 2 pounds---Wonderful! :D

zadie, i'd love to see the soup recipe too. Maybe you could post it on the food thread?

Amarantha, I'm sooo thrilled that you're into size 8's!

Ah, this is why I check in here every day. You're all so inspiring to me!

Yesterday was a bit light for me, exercise-wise. I got up at dawn and did a 15 min. abs video and walked 3 miles on the treadmill in the afternoon.

This morning, I'm afraid I failed in my quest for early moning exercise. I slept late, because I was sulking. It didn't snow last night! :mad:

Amarantha2
02-27-2004, 12:14 PM
Ok, EVERYONE gets a blue ribbon, saith the Faire officials, handing them out ... :cb: !!!!! :s:

Kaylets, yup, I do remember wearing a size 8, it was when I got into the 140s the first time but then I started to gain again. I never made it to size 6, which is pretty much as far as I want to go, but we'll see. I pitched all the size 10s I own because I don't want to wear them again or see them again!!!

Did 40 minutes of circuit training by myself whilst waiting for trainer to get off the phone on her personal business today. This really shouldn't have bothered me as she's really great and I know she works very hard, but it did. I felt, once again in life, how much of a dispensible person I am ... she was still talking when I stuck my head in and said I needed to leave. I need to rethink spending money on this training. Anyway, I'll do another 20 today towards my 360 goal. Gotta do some paying work today.

:yikes: Participant Eydie, I'm not sure the above whining qualifies as inspiring ... sorry, this put me into a bad exercise mood!!! :s:

I'll be baaaack! (Arnold voice)!!![/b]

wsw
02-27-2004, 06:23 PM
i did get all my pre-planned exercising in yesterday and have done the same today.

amarantha-congrats on that victory to size 8!!! that is wonderful!! sorry you had a bad experience with trainer being rude to you today. you are very INDISPENSIBLE, empress! you are such an inspiration to me.

will go for same exercise plan again tomorrow, all body parts permitting anyway.

Amarantha2
02-27-2004, 07:02 PM
Thankee, Wsw, thou be inspirational to me as well. I just posted a response to you on the food thread!!! They want you to come and pick up your blue ribbons for GIVING AWAY GIRL SCOUT COOKIES! I could never do that in a million!!!

Looking at my spreadsheet, I don't really have to do the 20-minute walk. With my 40 minutes of circuit training this a.m., I only have 65 minutes left for the 360, so I'm just going to make that up tomorrow. I'm working in the mountains and maybe I'll take a hike if it's warm. So I guess I get a blue ribbon ... :cb: !!!! Will be in a cheerier mental place tomorrow, hopefully! :)

deleted2
02-27-2004, 09:30 PM
I was doing a step aerobics tape today and something in my left calf "crunched", a pulled muscle or something? I'm limping and it's a bit painful, so I'll probably have to get more creative for the next couple of days. Anyway, I attempted to 'walk it off' and got in 30 min. of the video, albeit modified, and then I did 200 crunches and 40 pushups.

dollar
02-28-2004, 08:25 AM
I'm checking in but I have disappointed myself I didn't manage to get in my planned excercise in the last 2 days. I got word Thurs that my brother's father died Thurs night and I have been a little distracted with figuring out arangements for getting down there for the funeral but really no excuse. In case you are all wondering it was my birth brother's father so he is not directly related to me but he accepted me into the family when my brother found me 2 years ago. He was my brother's adopted father and he was so happy they found me. If you can believe it he found his own sister that he hadn't seen in 64 years when he fled Russia as a young boy. He spoke with her for the 1st time the day before he went in the hospital last week, she called to check on him last night only to be told he had passed on, rather a sad story but at least he knew she was still alive and had survived the terrible ordeal they went through when they were young. Sorry wrong place for this. Anyway Im off to the gym early this morning for my 90 min workout.

Amarantha2
02-28-2004, 09:25 PM
Yo! Dollar, so sorry about thy brother's father passing. I personally think that's rather a valid reason for thee to not get thy workouts in as this is sad and stressful for you. I think you should get a blue ribbon anyway for each day :cb: ... :cb: ... and another one for getting to the gym early this a.m. :cb: !!! Hang in there!

Participant Eydie, hope thou be hanging in also, although the judges have noticed how stalwart thou beist at all times ... left calf "crunched" and thou attempted to walk it off and did 30 minutes of a vid, 200 crunches and 40 pushups? I'd say thou deserveth double ribbons ... :cb: :cb: ... but be careful of that crunchy feeling in thy leg and have it xrayed if it doesn't feel better ... exercising on an injury can be bad news and set thee back more than if thou rested ... unsolicited advice, I know, I'm like that ... sorry!!!!

Participant Amarantha be inspired by thy stalwartness and despite feeling blue all day finished the 65 minutes she needed for her 360 minutes-per-week challenge ... and this is the end of her 21-days at 360 minutes. Will post her new challenge tomorrow, although it may be the same 360 minutes. It seems to work well for now, but eventually I want to get to 420 a week. :cb:

Later, gators!!!

deleted2
02-29-2004, 10:08 AM
Thanks for the advice, Amarantha! I never know exactly what to do when those kinds of things happen. I limped around a bit and got some of those neat 'menthol' pain patch things for it. I felt much better yesterday morning, but still took it easy with a 2 mile walk while out in the world. I need a new exercise challenge and will meditate on that today while I'm at work.

Dollar, sorry to hear about your brother's dad. Don't feel badly about being too distracted to exercise---My program has come to a screeching halt because of far less than that from time to time. Thanks for sharing your story with us. It makes me think of the quote that Cerise shared: 'Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle.'

I'm feeling so lazy today---'hung over' from a very bad food day yesterday. Honestly, I may or may not workout today. It'll pass!

Amarantha2
02-29-2004, 01:22 PM
Yo! Methinks a lazzzzy haze hath settled over the Faire, Eydie, because I feel that way, too! But I also have to work today and tomorrow and am dividing up some exercise minutes into small sessions to accomodate that. Not the place to report it, but I'm down another half pound (4 weeks in a row going down!!!)!!! :cp:

My New Early March Initiative calls for a weekly exercise total of 390 minutes (plus a weekly calorie average of no more than 1500-1800, but that's another thread). This initiative will last three weeks ... I keep track of the math on a spreadsheet! I'll report my exercise minutes here tonight and will be on hand to help the judges pass out blue ribbons, 'cause we KNOW we're gonna get some!!!!!

I'm excited about my new initiative and know it will get me where I want to be!!!! Yowza!!!!

Ok, Participants, the Faire doors just opened ... there's a healthy Exercising Brunch spread out on trestle tables in the main tent. The sun is shining and banners are flying ... tomorrow is the beginning of March and there's a contingent of :lucky: s waiting in line with tickets to see the events!!!!! Let's not let Sunday (a work day for some of us) be an excuse not to go out there and have fun actively (or resting, which is really important, too, as long as we know what we're resting for)!!!!

Participant Eydie is advised (again, she didn't ask for advice, but there it is) by the nosy and push Palace Physicians to stay off the leg until she's sure there's not an injury and if she exercises, she should do the top half only (how about isometrics, Eydie? You can really get at the triceps with these!) :yes: :) :chin: :doh:

Avanti!!!

Wildfire
02-29-2004, 02:20 PM
Particpant Wildfire is back from visiting the nearby township of Parental Stress and declares a new challenge for herself:

Let "The Countdown to Vegas Challenge" commence! In a mere 30 days from today I will be getting on board the Royal Jet to be whisked away to Las Vegas for a week with my handsome prince (AKA DH). In those 30 days I WILL exercise each day, keep a food journal, drink plenty o' water, and stay within the points range I have declared. (22-29)

To kick off this new challenge I have completed 47 minutes on Ye Olde Treadmill, started a fresh food journal, and toasted my efforts with a large goblet of water. :hat:

Amarantha, congrats on the loss! You're really making some headway now! :cb:

Eydie, I agree...give your leg a few days rest to heal.

:wave:

Amarantha2
02-29-2004, 02:58 PM
Yowza, a BLUE RIBBON :cb: with Viva Las Vegas be at the judge's table for Participant Wildfire for doing 47 minutes on :tread: and all the other specifications of her Viva Las Vegas Challenge!!!! Viva! Huzzah! Yowza!!!! Thou be coming to the desert, Wildfire, mine own stomping grounds, and going to be in FAB shape to enjoy it!!!! :wave:

Gotta go eat lunch. Had brunch but at the Faire we have lunch AND brunch! Then back to paying writing c**p!!! :s:

deleted2
03-01-2004, 07:50 AM
I roused myself yesterday and got some exercise. You may have seen "the Firm" infomercial with the videos and the 'fanny lifter' thingy? Well, I went mad at purchased it at Target Saturday and did a 55-minute workout yesterday. It's usually pretty comical the first time I do a video, but I think I'll get it. It'll be easy to learn the moves [I hope!] but it's pretty strenuous. I'm excited about it---I love getting a new toy!

Thanks, Moms Wildfire and Amarantha. I'll be careful. It is still a little tight, not painful though. Very bizarre sensation to feel a muscle CRUNCH! ewww....

Amarantha2
03-01-2004, 08:45 AM
Hear ye, hear ye, there's a blue ribbon :cb: at the judge's table for Participant Eydie who bought a Firm vid and did it for :yikes: 55 minutes!!!! Huzzah!!!! Hope thou be appropriately "lifted" from the experience, :queen: E!!!!

Participant Amarantha receives an honorable mention :chin: for the paltry 10 minutes of walking she did yesterday. She hopes to make more headway today towards this week's goal of 390 exercise minutes. The truth be she doth not feel happy about her gym anymore (although she just renewed her membership) and doth not want to be there. Hoping this will pass when the heat comes back to Arizona and the, er, crowds depart. Also being ignored for a training session she paid in advance for did not help, but she's putting that behind her.

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!! Ta-ra-ra-boom-de-AY!!!!! Where's everyone today? Participants, the banners are floating gently in the spring wind, the steeds are prancing, the pink heather's bloomin' on the hillside and the knights are out looking for a little joustin' glory in the sunshine ... LET'S PLAY!!!!!!! :jig: :balloons: :cp: :doh:

zadie k
03-01-2004, 03:31 PM
I was pretty good last week. Lets try for another. This week I will do 40 minutes on evil stair stepper 5 days this week and I will do 30 minutes of walking 3 days this week. Additionally I will not let myself get overwelmed by work and poop out on the exercise/me-time.

deleted2
03-01-2004, 06:21 PM
Today I did a 25 min. abs video, 3 1/4 miles on the treadmill, and 20 min. of yoga.
I'm really sore from doing the 'firm' video yesterday--the good kind though; it makes me feel like I'm doing something different and challenging.
I also purchased a cheapy pedometer over the weekend and I'm going to try to 'outstep' myself every day! ;) I'm pretty obsessive about flipping it open to see what i'm up to-----I need to get out more!

anagram
03-01-2004, 09:11 PM
The Old Lassie is late to the Faire but since several weeks still remain until the solstice I hope to get in some good licks.

Will need to do some serious thinking about what will work. Had a letter while gone that pool will be closed "for some time" for serious repairs. I'm feeling the ill effects of not having that particular kind of exercise so may need to try to find an alternative aquacizer. Since I no longer have that lovely beach to walk, I'll have to deal with macadam and do some of that. No more hot tub for the leg exercises either. While away, I toyed with some elementary weight lifting (a 15 oz can of veggies in each hand) and think I would like to try that in moderation.

Tomorrow's exercise will likely be more of today's - running (;>), moi run?)up and down stairs doing laundry and putting things away. Yuck!

Anyway, if tardy tarts are welcome, I'm in.

Wildfire
03-01-2004, 10:28 PM
Day Two of Wildfire's Countdown to Las Vegas Challenge!

Just finished 45 minutes of walk/run hills on the treadmill! :tread: Not enough water today, but I'm still working on it. Points in check. Journal journalled. :drill:

Amarantha, I think you deserve a bushel of blue ribbons :cb: for all your efforts and for being such an inspiration and cheering squad for all of us! Have a few more :cb::cb::cb: !

It's never too late, anagram! :wave:

Eydie, 55 minutes of buns? Good gawd, girl! :yikes:

zadie, isn't it awful that we can't make time for ourselves? I'm guilty of it, too. But NOT this week! This week we are going to put ourselves first, or at least not last! :high:

Amarantha2
03-01-2004, 11:32 PM
Huzzah, Faire Participant Anagramatic!!! Be a tardy tart the same as a treacle tart? :chin: :s: OF COURSE THOU BE WELCOME!!! Yowza! Have a blue ribbon for thy stalwartness in thinking up new and different challenges for thyownself now that thy pool's unavailable (as thou hasn't been at the Faire earlier, may I say that we are ignoring the fact that the Blue Ribbons look like yellow bananas ... ) :cb: :wave:

Participant Zadie, huzzah. I heard a rumor that there be SEVEN blue ribbons at the podium for thy good week last week :cb: x 7!!! Here's to another victory this week and no overwhelming pooping out!!! :nono: Huzzah!!!

Highsteppin' Eydie! That's a great idea about the pedometer. I have one but it kind of gets in my way when I try to wear it all day. Congrats on thy Firmness activities and today's :tread: and etc. ... I believe there's a fresh blue ribbon waiting for thee at the main tent ... :cb:

Las Vegas Lady (aka Wildfire): Huzzah on Day Two of the countdown to a Nevada-like you!!!! Woo-hoo! (I've been waiting months for an appropriate occasion to say 'woo-hoo' ... but I digress ...) ... thankee for nominating me for blue ribbons ... I think I earned some today ... but it's thou fairgoers who are firing me up ... we can't have a faire without fairegoers or a joust without troubadors (not sure what that means but bear with me!)!!!! Huzzah!!!! Here's thy blue ribbon for Day 2 and another WOO-HOO!!! Keep a'goin' ... Las Vegas is worth it!!! Hey, it's the DESERT ... best climate on earth! You'll be struttin' around in a skimpy little black dress under the casino lights, swimming under the desert sun ... looking veeeery nice ... I can see it all now!!! :jig:

Participant Amarantha was muchly burnt out today in the weight room, got talking to the yoga instructor and went and took the class and felt much better ... so added 65 minutes towards my 390 goal. Not sure how I'm going to fit it in but they're starting a 30-minute easy yoga class on Wednesdays and Fridays so I'm going to try to stay at gym on those days and add the yoga as it really strengthens me. :cb: (Amarantha's blue ribbon!)

Participants, let's go out there and make hay whilst the sun shineth and repeat this successful day we've all had tomorrow!!!! Sis, boom, bah!!!! Rah!!!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

wsw
03-02-2004, 11:07 AM
i am going to stick with my minimum of 20 minutes exercise/day and add whatever i can to that. so far, this trick seems to be working. i usually get up to 30-40 minutes/day, but when can only do 20, I am pleased with that. Some of this for today will include my back stretches, bicyle (for arms and legs). thanks also to amarantha for your rousing support of our endeavors at whatever level we may be. your support and enthusiasm really make a difference, empress!

Amarantha2
03-02-2004, 04:46 PM
Thanks be to Wsw for her stalwart support of the Faire also!!!! Here be thy blue ribbon for comin' out and reaffirming thy plan and commitment, Wsw~!!!!! :cb: :cp:

I kind of do the same type of thing with my weekly minutes of exercise goal ... it's the minimum I plan to do (sometimes I kind of cheat and add walking around Walmart as walking but, well, it IS walking!) ... it just keeps me up to the mark and hopefully, someday, I'll exceed that mark!!

Adding the yoga yesterday really tired me out so I basically just walked in the neighborhood for an hour ... didn't feel like seeing people at the gym. Pulled weeds, too, but didn't count that. Don't have any of the paying work today so methinks I need to take it easy and later I shall make muffins!!! Yowza! I get a blue ribbon for walking an hour, even though it was not particularly aerobic ... :cb: !!!

Huzzah!!!! This be a Faire day so let's go out there and win one for the Faire Gipper! Huzzah!

anagram
03-02-2004, 05:50 PM
Did a 35 minute walk in the beautiful sunshine this afternoon. Plus the many trips up and down the stairs.

dollar
03-02-2004, 05:51 PM
Hi All,
Yesterday was another day of no excercise. Yesterday I had to drive just over 2 hrs to go to the funeral and the same back again, it was a long stressful day and when I got home I just wanted to chill. Even though I only new this man for 2 years I saw the impact he had on so many lives. My brother was an only child but his wifes family lived on the same street as him growing up and they all have house there now and children and his dad was a papa to them all. My brothers kids were very upset because it happened so much sooner and then all my sister in laws sisters and husbands and there children, there wasn't a dry eye in the house. I have decided I will never attend another funeral alone it is just too hard. So I will get back to the gym tonight after I go to WW and for my groceries it will make me feel so much better.

deleted2
03-02-2004, 09:10 PM
55 min. "Firm" video
30 minute step video
15 min. yoga
20 min dumbells

Amarantha2
03-02-2004, 10:57 PM
The blue ribbon factory in the village be workin' overtime to meet the needs of the Vernal Exercise Faire Challengers. Factory employees have demaned a raise. Film at 11! :s:

We have a BLUE RIBBON winner in Participant Anagramatic who did 35 minutes in the sunshine plus logged some extra stair time!!! :cb:

We have a BLUE RIBBON for Participant Dollar who had a long sad day yesterday and is still planning on going to WW and working out!!!! The judges are impressed with her commitment! :cb:

We have a BLUE RIBBON for Participant Eydie in the division of one of the most grueling workouts the judges have seen ... two videos, yoga and weights for a total of 120 minutes (e.g., two hours)!!! WTG, Eydie! :cb:

I was wondering how I was going to add the yoga class I committed myself to tomorrow and get in weights when I'm feeling tired already from work I haven't even done yet, but thou makest me feel it can all be done!!! :wave:

Please rest, though!!! :)

:cheer: :cheer: SIS BOOM BAH!!! HURRAH!!!

anagram
03-03-2004, 08:05 PM
A 30 minute walk today. Plus perhaps 15 minutes so far of leg exercises and stretches. And, of course, stairs.

Amarantha2
03-03-2004, 08:17 PM
Yowza, there's a blue ribbon at the podium for Participant Anagramatic for the category of 30 MINUTES OF WALKING, 15 MINUTES OF LEG & STRETCH PLUS STAIRS!!!! :cb: The sun be shining, the crowd be cheering and the huzzah's be following Anagram as she walketh off the field of victory, royal robes ripplin' softly in the gentle spring breeze!!!! Huzzah!!!! :cheer:

Participant Amarantha spent the entire morning at the Faire (aka the gym) and winneth a blue ribbon :cb: for her 35 minutes in weight room (total body, somewhat light), 30 minute yoga class, and 60 minute tai chi class. She then came home to work but tooketh a nap instead that lasted all afternoon.

SIS, BOOM, BAH!!! :cheer: :jig: :strong: :cheer: :jig: :strong:

deleted2
03-03-2004, 08:47 PM
Today's efforts:

30 min. step video
20 min. yoga

Sorry I'm a woman of few words lately--I've been working some long days!

Cerise
03-04-2004, 04:13 PM
Yesterday's efforts:

30 min. basic moves bellydancing

45 min. walking to work and back home

Amarantha2
03-04-2004, 04:34 PM
Yowza!!!! Blue ribbons are at the podium for Participant Eydie, who hath managed 50 minutes of exercise into a busy day yesterday, :cb: and Participant Cerise, who did 75 and also saved the environment by walking to work and back home and she lives in Seattle!!! I've lived there as well and walking up and down the hills burns a lot of extra calories :cb:!!!!

A :cb: for Amarantha today for a paltry 20 minutes o' run/walk on :tread: as she still be tired from 125 minutes in the gym yesterday. She planneth on meeting w/trainer tomorrow (assuming she be not stood up again) and also taking the yoga and tai chi. We'll see! :chin: Likely won't be back tonight as working in mountains and it be cold and rainy!

Huzzah! :cheer:

deleted2
03-04-2004, 05:41 PM
55 min. 'the firm' video [cardio-sculpt]
30 min. belly dance video [slimdown]
15 min. dumbells
15 min. yoga

Cerise, where's our bellydance smiley? :dancer: :cb: Those will have to do! :lol:

anagram
03-04-2004, 07:43 PM
An hour walking a grocery store under remodelling and looking like a war zone. Everything not in its usual place and what should have been a quickie trip seemed to take forever.

Leg exercises, stretches and up and down stairs.

Amarantha2
03-05-2004, 06:03 PM
Hear ye, hear ye!!!! Participants are asked to come to the main tent for a special blue ribbon cheering ceremony:

To Participant Eydie for 115 minutes of exercise goeth a SPECIAL BLUE RIBBON :cb: (ok, so it looks just like the other ones, work with me here!!! :s: )!!!!! Yowzaaaaaaa!!!!! The crowd roars :cp: , the cheerleaders cheer madly :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

To Participant Anagramatic who braved an hour in what soundeth like the GROCERY-STORE-FROM-H**L and yet added legs, stretches and up-n-down-stair goeth a SPECIAL BLUE RIBBON :cb: Roar o' crowd :cp: , cheers from the cheergals :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: !!!!

To Participant Amarantha goeth a SPECIAL BLUE RIBBON for 150 minutes o' exercise in gym: 60 in weight room w/trainer, 30-minute yoga class, 60-minute tai chi! Huzzah! :cb: :cp: :cheer:

Amarantha hath exceeded her weekly goal of 390 minutes by 40 minutes and hopes to add some more tomorrow. Huzzah!

anagram
03-05-2004, 08:19 PM
Another 35 minute walk around the neighborhood. Love reading those high numbers you gals post. WOWZA!

deleted2
03-05-2004, 09:35 PM
A light day for me today! Walked a very sprite-ly 3 miles outside---feels like spring! :D

Amarantha2
03-06-2004, 10:29 AM
A fuzzy pink spring day at the Faire, the beauteous black-n-white blue-eyed horses are prancing and the rainbow-colored banners are fluttering gently in the soft breeze. Amarantha shall post a poem on Cerise's CCRRMM poetry club thread about how she feeleth on this Faire day. In the meantime, blue ribbons go to Participants Anagramatic the Remarkable Striding Woman for 35 minutes of intrepid walking :cb: and Eydie the Spring Sprite for three sprightly miles outside. Participant Amarantha hath not done anything yet!!! :cheer:

deleted2
03-07-2004, 09:35 AM
Saturday's workout

55 min. 'Firm' video [Cardio Sculpt]
25 min. "Firm" abs video
20 min. dumbells

Felt excellent after!!! :D

Amarantha2
03-07-2004, 11:46 AM
The Faire judges hath announced that all registered Participants have passed to a new level of exercise dedication. Henceforth there will be TWO (count 'em) blue ribbons for each successful event!!!! Have a good day!!!!!

And here be the TWO BLUE RIBBONS won by Participant E for her Saturday sprint of 100 minutes!!!! :cb: :cb:

Participants Anagramatic and Amarantha hath both received a second blue ribbon for Saturday so's they can keep up with the intrepid E!!!! :cb: :cb:

Coffee, thankfully, be served along with a healthy brunch in the mess tent!!!! Let's fuel up for the week ahead, Intrepid Participants!!!

:coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

deleted2
03-07-2004, 03:57 PM
You're too kind, Empress! I feel like I'm going thru a honeymoon period again with my workouts because I'm trying several new things. I'm loving it! I wish that I could travel back in time and show my old overweight self what I would become---that I would be thinner and strong--the thought actually makes me alittle teary.

Anyway, [!] Here's what I accomplished today: I did an advanced tae bo video that my wonderfully supportive dear one got for me--it was an hour long and it was hard, but I got thru it. [Wasn't necessarily pretty; I always flail around when I do something new!] Also, did some rather aerobic spring cleaning and am trying to gather myself together to do a few minutes of yoga before the day's out!

Amarantha2
03-07-2004, 06:16 PM
Yowza!!! Participant Eydie receives TWO BLUE RIBBONS :cb: :cb: for her Sunday tae bo and aerobic spring cleaning!!!! Huzzzahhhhhh!!!! The crowd roareth as Participant E marcheth to the podium to collect her ribbons. The judges just hand them out rather than trying to pin more on as Participant E be covered from top to bottom in blue ribbons, pinned to her medieval jousting outfit made of shiny gold metal and vegetarian leather!!!! Huzzah!!!! :cheer:

Thou be inspiring me, Eydie, was going to take this as a rest day from exercise but may do some eaaaaasy walking later ... also cleaned and did heaaavy shopping and now going to make the pear-cheese muffins because tomorrow starts a week of traveling every day and I'll need something portable ... sorry, this should be on the food thread but it's been a :devil: kind of eating day. I'll post a menu there later ... just trying to get a grip now!

Amarantha2
03-07-2004, 09:26 PM
Nope, Amarantha just strolled about the Faire today and looked at the banners swaying gently in the sky. Rest day from exercise. I plan on doing the tai chi and yoga classes again this week in addition to my regular stuff and traveling on the job, so we'll see!!!!

Wildfire
03-07-2004, 11:04 PM
(hushed voice-over) Participant Wildfire has returned from a long journey to the Land of Used Automobiles, and fueled by her distrust of car salesmen she hit the treadmill running....

If only I could take the treadmill to work, I'd be all set....although I never seem to get to where I am going. :dunno: Nevertheless, I spent 60 minutes trying to get there. :tread:

Amarantha2
03-08-2004, 02:28 PM
The crowd roars as Participant Wildfire raises arms in triumph and receives her double blue ribbons :cb: :cb: for a stalwart 60 minutes of running on :tread: to shake off the effects of visiting the LAND OF USED AUTOMOBILES!!!! :yikes: Good job, Wildfire!!! :coffee2:

Participant Amarantha receiveth two blue ribbons :cb: :cb: for 40 minutes weights (vented about junk overheard in gym on the main thread but I was stalwart indeed not to walk outta that awful place), 5 minutes on recumbent bike and 15 run on :tread: !!!! Huzzah!

Later ...

deleted2
03-08-2004, 09:38 PM
Monday!

55 min. cardio sculpt video
30 min. step video
15 min. dumbells

anagram
03-08-2004, 09:51 PM
Just a 25 minute walk today but it was cold! then lots of stairs and running around. Was busy, busy. No real exercise Sat/Sun.

Amarantha2
03-09-2004, 06:04 PM
Yo!!! I'm having an exercise rest day ... just a bystander at the Faire today. Going to have to go some to get to my 390 minutes this week but troubles are intervening and tomorrow be another dayeth!!!! :doh:

I hear tell that Participants Eydie and Anagramatic received double blue ribbons for their challenges on Monday!!!! Huzzah!!!! In case they haven't picked up their ribbons yet, here they be:

:cb: :cb: for E, :cb: :cb: for A!!!! Hooooray!!!

I'll be back!!!

anagram
03-09-2004, 08:06 PM
And, as I spent my day driving in the mountains ala our Empress, no exercise for me today. I 'fess I was home in time to get in a small walk in daylight but was too badly in need of a cup of tea. And then the elder princess called, all excited to tell me about finding a four leaf clover and then.......well, one excuse is as good as another (or as bad).

Amarantha2
03-10-2004, 01:37 AM
Anagramatic, methinks we should get a special award for the Driving in Mountains So We Couldn't Do Our Workout category!!! I shall propose that anon to the Faire officials!!!! :balloons:

Amarantha2
03-10-2004, 02:37 PM
Two in a row to announce my own blue ribbon for 10 minutes running on treadmill, 30 minutes yoga class, 60 minutes tai chi class. Huzzah! :cb:

deleted2
03-10-2004, 05:35 PM
Tuesday I walked 4 miles on the treadmill [60 minutes].

Today [wed.] I did my 55 min. "Firm" cardio sculpt video and 15 min. with dumbells. BTW, I'm really digging the Firm---I definitely want some more of their stuff!

Amarantha2
03-11-2004, 01:22 AM
Yowza, Participant Eydie, four more blue ribbons await thee at the podium, two for Tuesday's :tread: trek and two for today's vids & dumbells!!!! I like the Firm also, Eydie, especially the older tapes with the mansion sets.

On to Thursday!!!! Yowza!

Amarantha2
03-11-2004, 05:28 PM
60 minutes (15 on treadmill, 5 running outside w/trainer, 40 weights with trainer)!!! Yowza! :cb: :cb:

deleted2
03-11-2004, 05:36 PM
45 min. step tape
25 min. abs tape

Maybe I'll do a bit of yoga later--or not! :D

Am, I think I'll make a gown out of all these blue ribbons and be the belle of the ball! Thanks! :)

anagram
03-11-2004, 08:06 PM
Twenty five minute walk today - it was cold and I think we walked faster as we both had thought we took a 30 minute route.

Amarantha2
03-11-2004, 11:23 PM
Due to the plans of one of our stalwart Faire Participants to create a fashion statement with the blue ribbons, Faire officials have announced that henceforth all participants shall receive TRIPLE BLUE RIBBONS for the successful conclusion of each day's events!!!! Huzzah!!!! THE CROWD ROARS!!!!! :cp: :jig: :balloons:

Participant Eydie, aka Belle o' the Ball, please come to the podium for the blue ribbons (ok, they're yellow but ...) thou earned with 70 minutes of working out and for contemplating yoga later!!! Huzzah!!! :cb: :cb: :cb:

Participant Anagramatic, aka Stalwart Striding Woman, come on DOWN and pick up thy blue ribbons for covering a 30-minute route in 25 minutes, thus increasing thy exercise intensity and reaping health and metabolism benefits!!! Yowza!!!! :cb: :cb: :cb:

Let's hear it for Participants Eydie and Anagramatic and Amarantha as well!!!! Yay!!!! Hooray!!!!!!!!!!!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Amarantha2
03-12-2004, 09:07 PM
Yo!!! The Palace Guard is shutting down this Faire as the villagers can't sleep over the roar of the crowd over the successes of you vernal equinox people!!!!!!! There be now a nice quiet and brief combined exercise/food thread posted so dinna post here no more, no more, folkettes, please? Ok? :doh: :wave: