Carb Counters - Quick trip over border? Tops or Walmart better for l/c products

jjcj
02-20-2004, 06:25 PM
I am thinking of trying to get hubby to take me over border in or around Buffalo. Do you think I could find much at Tops there? Target or Walmart?
I would really like to find those syrups you talk about.
Perhaps the yogurt that is out as well. Here in canada we have none of that. NONE
Heck I can find splenda and advantage bars and that is about it.

jdoggmartin
02-21-2004, 05:06 PM
Well, I'm a long way from Buffalo, but our Super Wal-Mart has a decent supply of low-carb products: bread, bagels, cake/cookie mixes, pasta, bbq sauce, yogurt, etc. Just within the last month, they've gotten tons of stuff. I never go to Target, and I've never heard of Tops. Not sure if I'm much help...

Leenie
02-21-2004, 08:38 PM
JJCJ is there any way you could call that particular store your going to just to make sure they carry it. It would be a shame for you to go that far and they didn't have it.

Froufy
02-21-2004, 08:39 PM
JJCJ - where are you? Toronto? There are lots of places to get low carb stuff there if that's where you are? (check out Canada thread at www.lowcarber.org in the support thread link (upper right orange).

I live in Ottawa and the GNC here has low carb tortillas, and mixes for muffins, cookies, breads, cakes, etc....as well as sf bars/candy/chocolate (altho I avoid those due to the nasty maltitol effect!)... Just recently located some Atkins bbq sauce and teriyaki sauce as well (have not tried them yet!).

I have found the sf syrups at Second Cup under the Torani brand name. You might try some other local coffee places to see if they carry an sf syrups? I know some of the health food stores carry the Atkins raspberry sf syrup..

Good luck!

Froufy:)

Khem
02-21-2004, 08:48 PM
I found ordering directly from davinci's for the syrups was pretty dang easy myself, so let me know if you couldn't find them.

jjcj
02-22-2004, 08:04 AM
Ok will try a GNC store first. No actually I am closer to the boarder then Toronto.
Humm I was just at the mall Wednesday and thought oh they won't have anything and walked right by it LOL. As for coffee shops never even thought of that. Second cup was there as well LOL
Holy smokes I didn't realize so many places in Ontario had stuff humm better look harder. My little town in the middle of nowhere has nothing though often in Hamilton