Exercise! - Trying OXYCISE

View Full Version : Trying OXYCISE

POOKIE88
02-20-2004, 02:37 AM

ras8779
03-02-2004, 07:12 PM
Hi Pookie,
I've used Oxycise for years and it really does work. Of course I've fallen off the O wagon now and then but I always manage to go back to it. I especially use the commuter tape. If you run into Barb G tell her I said hi. We used to have an O thread going on here a loooonnnngggg time ago but if this is the same Barb I would love to say hi to her. Take care and good luck with your operation and with Oxycise.

jagmom3
03-02-2004, 11:31 PM
what is oxcise and the commuter tapes

ras8779
03-03-2004, 02:46 PM
Pookie,
Please keep me posted on your progress. Even if you can't do the breath as deep it still works. Believe me. I feel so much better when I do O. It really does help my energy level and it helps slim me down quickly. Thanks for telling Barb I said hi:D!

Jagmom-the commuter tape is a tape or a CD that you do the breathing exercise with while you drive. You don't do the physical motions but you just breath along with Jill and it really does help you keep focused and calm. I'm not sure about you but sometimes this is a challenge for me. Especially in heavy traffic.!

ageoldie
03-03-2004, 05:08 PM
Rose!!! What do you mean you don't do the motions? Haven't you met me with my arms waving through the open top of my Mustang?

Seriously, It's great to hear from you again!! I have had so many computer problems (and two separte laptops stolen) I lost track of you and lost your email addy. I have to admit that I am an off again/on again O'er these days, but Pookie has inspired me to try to get regular again. And now knowing you're around and still breathing, really inspires me. I've just had some disappointment in the weight loss front, but it's now time to regroup. TONIGHT I will measure, and start back on my level 1 tape.

ras8779
03-03-2004, 05:40 PM
Barb where have you been? I've had computer problems lately too so I can so relate and as for the weight loss, mine has been nonexistent so I've started doing O again and Leslie Sansone's walk videos. I will try to post more often on here so I stay more motivated and hopefully we can keep each other going:D! How have you been? It's been so long since we talked last. I have to use my work email because my home computer is sick so the only way to reach me is on here or through the IM. I hope we get to chat more! I've missed talking with you :) ! And I was wondering if that was you waving your arm around! ;)

Pookie,
Thanks for letting Barb know I'm around.:D Let's keep each other going. We can do this!

ageoldie
03-04-2004, 01:42 PM
Okay girls! ONE DAY IN A ROW!!!

I made my self do my level 1 tape last night and I slept like a baby, sure felt good. Why can't I do it every night? I WILL do it every night!

ras8779
03-04-2004, 05:52 PM
Hi Fellow Oers!

I did my level 2 and the commuter this morning. I agree Barb I feel so much better when I do the workouts, why don't I keep doing them? Anyway I won't be around until Monday because I post from work but I won't be in tomorrow. So have a great weekend and keep doing O!:D

ageoldie
03-05-2004, 10:57 PM
2 days in a row and I already feel skinnier :goodvibes

Pookie how are you doing?

ageoldie
03-06-2004, 06:37 PM
Watch out guys!!! I'm on a roll!!! :hyper: 3 nights in a row for me. WATCH OUT!!!
!

ageoldie
03-08-2004, 09:44 AM
It' Monday morning, and I've done my O 5 nights in a row now. Only 16 more and it becomes a habit again. That is what they say, do something for 3 weeks and it becomes a habit.
Rose, how are you doing? Pookie, you haven't reported in. Any lurkers out there doing Oxycise and want to join in. We love to hear your sucesses or even your failures, or fustrations. I've read Oxycise mentioned on several other of the thread I've read, so I know there are a lot of interest in it right now. It would be great to get this thread active again. The more that join in, the more accountable we all become!

Well, :coffee: coffee time is over, I've got to get ready for the health club and my walking and water aerobics. Have a great day.

ras8779
03-08-2004, 05:17 PM
Hey Pookie and Barb,
Sorry I can't post over the weekend. My computer at home is still broken. I'm right with you Barb. I'm determined to make O a habit. I am having teeth problems right now. It looks like I might have to get one pulled. I just hate toothaches. :mad: I will try to stay with the O anyway. The pain is just getting ridiculous though. Pookie there is always room on the wagon so jump right up. Be careful with your wrist. It's a good idea not to strain an old injury.

Well back to work for me. Keep Oing everyone:D!
I hope others decide to join us. The more the merrier.

mandw46
03-09-2004, 05:37 AM
I'm so glad to see others on this message board that use aerobic breathing. I'm new to these boards and have come along so far with doing Lifelift breathing. These breathing programs definately work well. And definately make us healthier from the inside out! : )

I'm glad to be here.

Wanda.

ras8779
03-09-2004, 12:41 PM
Hi Wanda,
I have LifeLift as well. I find Rachel's workouts are more similar to Greer and bodyflex but not as forceful as Greer's. I've used Oxycise (Jill's) for a while now and just find it so gentle so I use Jill's. But it doesn't matter which one you use the benefits are the same. I hope you'll post here with us:D! I agree that the benefits are great.

Barb and Pookie-I managed my L2 today. It felt great. I can already see the change. Especially in my face. I hope you all are doing well.:D

ageoldie
03-10-2004, 09:41 AM
YEAH!!! :dancer: :cb: :cp: :dance: :encore: :high: :goodvibes :bravo: :cp: :cb:

I have done my Oxycise for 1 full week, 7 days in a row. I so want to make this a part of my life again. I have lost 1.5 pounds without changing my eating at all. Just think what I could do if I could get my eating under contol.

:thanks: I want to thank Pookie for getting me motivated again, and to my long lost friend Rose for keeping me going. (I'll take the award now, sounds like oscar night huh?)

Welcome Wanda, I read your post on 300+ and meant to comment about your doing Lifelift, but there is so much to read and keep up with on that thread, it got lost in my mind. But we are glad to have you join in with us here.

Any other aerobic breathers of any kind, please join us and keep Breathing!

Pegesus
03-10-2004, 10:25 AM
Hi everyone,
Let me first say I've never tried Oxy-cise...but I recently started doing Yoga which also stresses deep breathing.
After only a few sessions, I can't believe the difference in how I feel!

It does give you energy and is relaxing at the same time.
I remember watching the infomericials for Oxy-cise a long time ago and I wondered then if we lose weight jogging...exercising...because we breathe DIFFERENTLY when we do those activities?
The little "knot" I feel in my stomach when I find something that's true....tells me there is something to that theory.

So...on that note...I'm off to find more info on Oxy-cise!!

ras8779
03-10-2004, 12:05 PM
Good Morning Everyone!

Barb-I'm so glad I ran into POOKIE too (thank you POOKIE) or I wouldn't have known where you went to :( ! Congrats on the full week of O! I'm happy to say I'm right there with ya! I love the feel I get from doing O! And here is your award Barb :encore:! Keep it up.

POOKIE-thanks again for reuniting me and Barb. I really missed doing O and now that I'm back with it, it feels so good.

Pegesus-Yes check out O. Go to oxycise.com and see what we're all raving about. Aerobic breathing is really a great thing. It's amazing how it can change how you feel and how fast it works. I hope you decide to join us:D!

I did my L2 this morning. L2 is my all time favorite along with L1. They seem to go faster. And Barb knows I have all the levels. It's the best workout you can get in 15 minutes. And it WORKS:D!

Back to work for me. Keep breathing everybody.

ageoldie
03-10-2004, 01:12 PM
I'm debating wheither to stick with L1 this next week or change to L2, the jury is still out. I have all of them too, and all three Easy Does It levels. I'd like to smuggle a VCR into work so I could do the Easy Does It from my desk.

I did dicsover how to sneak another 5 or 10 minutes a day. In my water aerobic classes we always stretch for about 10 minutes at the wall after ther exercise, I found out today that the O breath fits in perfectly with the stretches, and I smiled when I breathed in.

ras8779
03-11-2004, 12:20 PM
Hi my fellow heavy breathers;)!

I managed my commuter tape this morning and I might do my L4 today just for a change. I like this one too. It's been a while since I tried it.

Barb-I have a hard time not doing L1 or L2. They are my favorites. I swear I've almost worn out L2. Will they ever come out on DVD? That would be great. I keep thinking any day now that my L2 will stop playing and then my L1 and I will be sad. Of course my commuter tape gets a workout too and I've been using that one forever. I would switch to L2 just for a little variety. That is my favorite one:D!

POOKIE, Wanda, Pegesus-where did you go?

ageoldie
03-11-2004, 03:34 PM
I NEED A PRIZE..Last night I was so tired I didn't want to do my O. but I buckled down and made myself do it. Boy am I glas I didn, not only did I feel better and sleep great last night, I didn't breat my In a Row streak!!!

ras8779
03-12-2004, 05:01 PM
Yeah Barb :D! You're doing great! I managed to do my commuter tape this morning and L4 last night. Some of the positions on this one I have to modify. But I always feel good after I do my O! Okay so this is it for me until Monday. No computer at home. So I'll see you all on Monday and make sure you do your O!.

ras8779
03-15-2004, 02:10 PM
Hi Everyone:D!

POOKIE-When is your surgery? I have a friend that did the protein shake thing and lost tons of weight on it. It takes so much will power that I'm not sure I could do it but in your case it will only help with your surgery. Please keep posting when you can or feel like it even if you aren't doing O! We still want to know what's going on with you. That's what friends are for right:D! I hope everything goes well with your surgery. I've never had to have any type of surgery (knock on wood) so far. I'm grateful for that. I know the power of O is amazing. It can only help to get more oxygen flowing through the body. Take care of yourself!

Barb-how are you doing? I hope you didn't fall of the O wagon;).

I did O all this weekend! The L4 and L5. I will do L1 tonight. I feel so good right now that I know I'll keep doing it. It's amazing how much it can change the way you feel.

ageoldie
03-15-2004, 02:44 PM
No I didn't fall off the wagon, did have a little problem, I was sick Thursday & Friday nights so I didn't do my O, but was right back to it Saturday night. I'm still doing L1, but keep thinking about changing it up with another lever, but I KNOW this one so well...

Pookie, keep posting, and Rose glad you are still with it. Gotta get back to work, so I'll try to post more later. I did write a long post early this morning before I left for the health club, but lost it, and didn't have time to repost it. Now I forgot what I said!

ras8779
03-16-2004, 10:58 AM
Good Morning:D!

No O last night:(! My tooth was bothering me again! I will O tonight for sure though. I did manage my commuter tape this morning too. I also try to do the O breath while I'm at my desk when I think about it or when I start to feel tired. It really does help.

Barb-I knew you wouldn't fall off the wagon. I'm sorry you were sick:(! I hope you feel better now. Hang in there. I do the L1 and L2 more then any of the other workouts so don't feel bad if all you want to do is L1. There really isn't that much of a big difference in the levels except some of the positions are harder and I usually modify those anyway!

POOKIE-I hope you're doing ok. Check in when you can.

Off to work. I'll check back later:D!

ageoldie
03-18-2004, 08:56 PM
You could call me an on again/off again O'er this week. I've really been feeling bad and not quite up to par and have only been doing my O about every other night. Hopefully I get to feeling better soon.

ras8779
03-19-2004, 06:50 PM
Hi Gals:wave:!

POOKIE-I have a Gazelle Freestyle and when I use it I also do the O breath with it. It's fun. And you are right, it does kill two birds with one stone.;)

Barb-don't worry once you feel better you'll get back in the swing of things. Just take it easy and get well.:D

I've only done the commuter these last few days. But I think I'll take Pookie's advice and do the Gazelle with the breathing tonight. That's a good way to work in some cardio with the O. Good job on the inch loss Pookie:D!

Take care everyone and have a great weekend.

ras8779
03-23-2004, 11:35 AM
Wow I've been a bad girl. I didn't do any O for the past two days :( ! I need to get back at it so today I plan on doing either L1 or L2. I've just been so tired lately and I think it's because I'm trying to come down with something. I hate that.

Good job Pookie:D! I should break out my Gazelle and do the same thing. I thought about it last night but that's all I did, just think about it!

Barb-How are you doing? I hope all is well:D!

Okay back to work for me. I'll check back later.

waterbaby
03-23-2004, 05:40 PM
Oh, Rose, you bad girl! Missin' your oxy for two days!!!

Thought I'd swing through and give you and Barb a shout and a big ol' hug...

Claire

ageoldie
03-24-2004, 11:24 PM
Claire!!!It's like old home week. I'm glad you are still around. Are you still doing any Oxycise? What about water aerobics? So who is Don Lemmon and the others in your siggy?

I'm still not feeling well. I just don't feel good at all. I have not been to the health club for over a week, and today one of the ladies stopped by my office to see if I was alright. She was in the water aerobics class when I had to leave because I felt bad. Makes me feel wanted.

I did "watch" my balance ball video and did a lot of the exercise in it, but a lot of them were done on the floor, and I can't get down on the floor.

Maybe next week I'll be able to do my O again!

ras8779
04-02-2004, 07:08 PM
Claire!!!!! Is it really you???? Wow this is like an Oxycise reunion! I'm so glad to see you are still here:D! Here's a big hug back at ya. I have computer problems at home and they just switched us over to a new server at work so I've been deprived of my friends most of the week. How have you been? Do you still do O?(Like Barb asked). I hope you aren't going to be a stranger. Please!!!!! :^:

Barb-I'm sorry you're still not feeling well. It sucks being sick. I hope by now you are feeling better and check in the last time you posted was 3/25! I'm starting to worry :( !

POOKIE-How are you doing? Even if you aren't Oeing just pop in to say hi!

Of course I won't be able to post again until Monday. I hope that I hear from you all by then. Take care of yourselves and have a great weekend:D!

ageoldie
04-03-2004, 08:02 PM
Finally begininnig to feel human again. I think I'll try O'ing again tonight. But with a sore throat, and congestion in my lungs, it just wasn't working. I've been on antiobics since Wed, so I think I might try and see what happens.

I have'nt posted cause I hate to post to myself. Hope things are working out at work Rose, I've been so busy at work, I don't have much time to post from there, but I do have time at home.

Sexy Bookworm
04-13-2004, 11:21 AM
i do oxycise everyday, sometimes twice a day. i lost 5 pounds last week and i know if i had relied solely on reduced calories, i wouldn't have had that sort of result. oxycise is a wonderful way to exercise. anyone who is interested can go to www.oxycise.com and read all of the articles and the forum.

sam

ageoldie
04-14-2004, 03:54 PM
Sam, I see you beat me here. I am having a really hard time getting back in the grove of being consistant with my O!!! Maybe if you post here and Rose gets back we can motivate each other. I KNOW it works, I just can't seem to get motivated to do it.

rocketman70092
03-17-2006, 05:00 PM
i posted a question about this under does this work - maybe it should be here. Will i lose weight by just deep breathing and tightening my abdomen? (Thats what i read in the First magazine my mom bought). It still seems a little far-fetched for me to buy the full tapes until i see some actual results. Is it really possible?

Not to sound like a cynic. But as far as being able to sleep better at night - well oxygen gets you high. That deep breathing causes you to become euphoric and calm as a Hindu cattle.

But Id really like to know what kind of results people are getting from this program. like i said, it sounds far-fetched, but if it really works, i have a workout proram i can do in my bed!!!!

kathyhegg
03-18-2006, 06:04 AM
I've got an old oxysize tape collecting dust in the back of the video cupboard. I remember losing weight on it when I bought it about 12 years ago, I'll have to drag it out and see if it helps me sleep.

I could do that in the evenings and go to the gym during the day. Funnily enough I remembered how to do the breathing and hold the posture, and do it when walking on the treadmill.

ageoldie
03-20-2006, 09:00 PM
It's been a year since I last posted here, but I have to tell you that YES as far feteched as it seems, it does work. The only problem with it, you have to DO it and be consistent. It doesn't work sitting on top of the VCR or DVD or whatever.

I haven't been doing it because I have been recently diagnosed with Asthma and by breathing is hard normally now and I just can't seem to get the hang of the deep breathing anymore.

You can find the tapes or DVD's on ebay really cheap. I'd say give it a try!