100 lb. Club - What's motivating you?
03-29-2001, 04:34 PM
There are always the big things that are motivating me, like wanting to be normal and shop anywhere for cloths and not be a fat mommy. But I'm wondering what are the daily things that are motivating you? For me some of them are:
My co-worker Angie (toothpick) in her black slacks and her short orange jacket with her white turtleneck. WOW! I want to come to work looking like that!!
The awesome cloths in the coldwater creek catalog I just got in the mail.
Being able to "squeeze" between the booth table and a seated person and not have my butt setting on the table while doing so!! LOL :D
What's motivating you?
03-29-2001, 07:45 PM
I have so many, I think that's why I've been finding it easy to stay OP.
1. We've been trying for a child for 2 1/2 years, unsuccessfully (Been going through the lose weight or get pregnant debate). I kept telling myself I would just start eating healthy when I got pregnant, but that didn't work. I finally realized that if I didn't get healthy before I got pregnant there wasn't going to be a pregnancy. (really long story and I won't bore you with the details :) )
2. I started a web site that I maintain daily to keep me motivated. I have to stay on track or I won't have any progress to report.
3. I want to shop for new clothes and not have to immediately hunt for the women's section.
That's just 3 of the many.
:wave: Dawnyal :wave:
03-31-2001, 02:46 AM
There are of course many reasons but the main one is my health. I have gained all of my excess weight over the last five years. So far, I have had no negative health effects, but as I dragged my body around, I knew that I was I walking time bomb. High blood pressure, diabetes, and the weight was getting too much for my damaged ankle to handle. I know too many people who end up with health problems where weight has played a part. Then it becomes a do or die situation. I wanted to avoid that.
03-31-2001, 07:35 AM
Many things motivate me, they seem to come in and out of my life depending on what's going on.
I want to wear normal clothes.
I don't want to be pitied or felt sorry for or looked down upon by strangers or people I know because of my size. I don't want to make choices that take my weight into consideration first. like where to sit in a restaurant.
I want to look myself in the mirror with pride.
I want to feel OK
As I read this I am confronted with the fact that I really need to change the way I think of myself. The reality is the number on the scale vs. my mental attitude really have nothing to do with each other!!
10-30-2001, 03:54 PM
1. Black slinky sexy low cut bare back dress I plan on buying and wearing for New Years Eve. Anyone have a date you can set me up with? :D
2. I want to feel better, not lose my breathe, be able to run and be free without jiggling.
3. CLOTHES SHOPPING
So so many...
10-30-2001, 09:07 PM
Oh boy do i have a motivation now.
As my job has laid me off i have been trying to think of things that i want to do for myself as far as work goes. it all comes back to the old stanby of helping others. It is the nurse in me i guess. but as i have a personal trainer i keep thinking of how wonderful it is to do what he does and help others get in to shape. if only i had that kind of push with my diet, a persoanl trainer for dieting! Well that is what i am going to be!!
A health and nutritional councelor!! A Personal Trainer for diets. Who better than one that has been there before and know what it is all about!! One who know how hard it is to stay on tract, Onw who knows what to do to succeed (even if she falls every once in a while, but know how to get back up)
I have decided to call my business Balqis Nutritional Counceling
Balqis is the real name for the queen of sheba, I thought that it was a fun touch!!!
so for my motivation i need to get off my but and really loose in honesty and keep it off.How is that for motivation????
vBulletin® v3.6.7, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO