Support Groups - Christian Encouragers #180

View Full Version : Christian Encouragers #180

SunnyD57
02-19-2004, 06:49 AM
If you are looking for a wonderful group of people who will be here for you and encourage you through Prayer & Support... then You have found the right Thread :) This is a great group who will be very encouraging and caring and ANYONE is welcome to join!

http://timbuktu.eluria.com/hushblinksfiles/JKittySnugglesBlinkie.gif

SunnyD57
02-19-2004, 06:57 AM
http://timbuktu.eluria.com/stamps_archivos/sqbearwithflower.gif Here's a LINK to the last Thread #179 in case you need to catch up on reading ;) Catch you all later...

Have a Great Day!!!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=522560#post522560

sami
02-19-2004, 07:29 AM
Thanks Sunny for starting a new thread. Well I am going to work today one of my DD's is taking care of Molli. The Dr. gave her some meds that she has to take 5x a day so She will be busy. I have someone working for me Fri. so I will be home with her Fri. And since she seems to have a mild case of chicken pox maybe she can go back to school Monday. (Please pray!)
I made a nice big meal last night (something I haven't done in a long time) made my meatloaf with red potato and carrots! What a hit even my Married DD came over to eat! (I just ate a little meatloaf and potato's)
Well got to run will post more latter!

SunnyD57
02-19-2004, 08:46 AM
http://timbuktu.eluria.com/stamps_archivos/stamp_february.gif You are very Welcome SAMI,
How are you feeling today? Your dinner sounded so very good! I took out some beef this morning --- I am going to make a meatloaf and mashed potatoes & veggies tonight. Joe is looking forward to it and so am I!

I am not doing so well these days with the SBD I am on (just not feeling well or losing wt.), so I am going to do what I did the last time I lost over 80lbs (in the 1980's)... watch my portions and remove all sugars & did not eat after 7:00pm. I still ate potatoes and lost so that's what I am going to do. I have been feeling very low (I think because I worked so hard exercising and haven't seen loss) and I miss making normal dinners - the comfort foods. So I decided after talking with my hubby last night to just cook like I use to and make sure I just make a veggie & salad at every lunch & dinner meal. And know the portions to eat! I think that's the biggie - portion sizes. I have had no energy and have felt completely exhausted this last 8 days or so... and I have no other place to vent but here! Everyone at home (family / friends) expect me to always be "Up" and "Happy" and won't give me the time of day if I am having a bad week. I am usually the one there for them, so I have no one for me when I need it. So... here I am very alone at the moment with the exception of you and the others... I so hate feeling like this!

I will keep Molli in my prayers. She has to be so miserable! WoW :o ... what a day of calamities you had yesterday! Hope you & the family have a much better day today!!

http://timbuktu.eluria.com/stamps_archivos/sqcolorflower.gif Yep! I think I am also going through "winter blues"... I am so ready to spend some time in my gardens. I miss feeling the sun on me and the warmth. It is just too gloomy here for too long and it's so hard to stay chipper without some :sunny: sunshine to give you a jump-start. It's suppose to get warmer and sunny today, but it is still very overcast at the moment --- I am waiting very impatiently... "Come on sun!" - "Come on Spring!"

Thanks so much for giving me a place to come to vent!

Love you guys!
Donna / SunnyD

wilma12
02-19-2004, 08:52 AM
I am feeling much better about myself. Thanks for your kind words and prayers. I realize that no one can change me but ME. I re-read the Curves eating plan last night (it's like SBD) and think I'll give it another go after I get some groceries this weekend. I agree with you Sunny that it's all about portion control.I think I'll end up doing what you are. I'm just doing this to kick start myself again.

Sami: Praying for you and Molly. Hope she's not too uncomfortable. Take care of yourself too.

Have a super day today.

SunnyD57
02-19-2004, 11:08 AM
http://timbuktu.eluria.com/stamps_archivos/sqpuppy.gif Just wanted to let you all know that I took a workout on the elliptical after I wrote this morning and I feel so much better... thanks again for allowing me a place to just vent. It's just great knowing there's a place to come to ;)

God Bless!

:wave: Hi WILMA!!!
I am so happy for you that you are feeling so much better! It is so hard when you get in that spot, isn't it. You know it's up to you to do something, but sometimes it's hard to see the light when the tunnel feels so deep. I saw too that the Curves plan is very similar to the SBD, but it's just not working for me with the workouts - I seem to need more carbs for working out. I feel better. I am just going to watch the amount I take in.

Keep your chin up :)

Angel-lover
02-19-2004, 01:22 PM
SunnyD...WE care! And we'll be here when you need to "vent" or have someone to talk with. I understand. I'm normally "up", & called "bubbly". No one expects me to be down...I'm the one to talk to. As you said. That's one reason I got started going into weight loss forums. I saw how people talked things over, & really listened. I've never had anyone to really listen to me. So, anytime....you may have to get my attention...but, scream if you have to! ;)
I get down a lot of times with this stupid house. Sometimes I wish it had just burnt down! We probably would be living normal by now. Easier to build a new one, than remodel. Sorry.....this wasn't about me. Just know that even "bubbly" & "happy" people can get down. I had a pastor one time to say that Christians shouldn't get depressed. They have the Lord & should be happy. I loved my pastor & agreed with most things he said. But, I disagree with that statement. Of course, I'm happy in the Lord. There are things in life that can burden us down, though. Also, things can keep happening...as it did with us...until we're in a depressed state. DH says he's not letting anything "rule his life" & get him down. But, I've noticed times when he didn't know I was around....he was very sad. He's also made statements before. Anyway....as I said...not about me.
We all love you SunnyD...& care when you're down. Just know that. http://www.emotipad.com/newemoticons/Hug.gif

Sami....I'm soooo sorry for all your problems. Hope Molli gets better real soon. Also, hope things work out at work, so you can help at home & not make the boss mad. Take care of yourself. http://www.emotipad.com/newemoticons/Hug.gif

Wilma...praying for you. http://mysmilies.ipbfree.com/s/contrib/sarge/Angel_anim.gif
Everyone have a good day. http://www.angelfire.com/pa3/horsesfancythat/images/ponybutt.jpg

sprout
02-19-2004, 03:09 PM
Thought I should drop in and say hi - have been reading all the posts but have just felt to tired to post.

Am doing fairly well I think. As of yesterday I have walked 729 miles and have had 9 workouts at Curves.

On February 10 we started a 6 week challenge at Curves - last Friday I had lost 1 pound - and tomorrow will get weighed for the challenge. Then next week - February 27 will be officially weighed for the 1 month since joining Curves.

Don't think much weight has left my body but do feel a difference in the way the clothes fit - so do no that inches have been lost. Funny thing though about the inches. Was measured on February 1 and then on February 10 when we started the challenge another person from Curves measured me - and put my waist measurments up by 2 inches. Didn't think to much about it but thie past Tuesday feeling that I might have lost a few I thought I would take a peek and remeasure my waist. Said the same as it was on February 2 - up 2 inches. So on Wednesday when I was at Curves at the girl about this (she was the one that originally measured me) She measured me again - the waist showed I was up 8 inches - impossible in 1 day. Don't know where or how she got this figure - so yesterday afternoon I called back the girl that measured me Tuesday night - they are correcting my original measurment from the number on February 10 rather than the one on the 1st. So am not sure what I have really lost in the waist. But I know I am feeling the clothes fitting different.

Please continue to pray for my son and myself - there is a lot of conflict between us - he does not like to be given instructions from anyone, and especially from me - and I am having a difficult time handling that he doesn't do as he is told.

With recovering from cancer, trying to lose weight and raising my son and my younger daughter who has Down Syndrome - homeschooling on top of this - and trying to be the best parent possible - well I feel really stretched. Am really feeling the sense that I have and still am failing my son - he only reacts to me - could be because I am with him 24/7 while his father isn't. Between teenagers, lack of finances, and health issues - I am finding myself rather spent thinly.

Am going to go now and have an afternoon 'nap' something I don't normallydue but with the headaches (caused from blood pressure going up because of the stress) I am finding I need to lay down occasionally.

Will check in later.

eeyore68
02-19-2004, 03:24 PM
Hi...I'm new here. :dancer: Is this an open group or regionally/otherwise specific??

Mainly I'm seeking prayerful encouragement. I've struggled with weight since high school, but not obese till the last several years. Now, I am concerned of just being more health conscious. I need to exercise more but rarely have the energy to do it.. or too sore so I try to do it as I'm able or have the get up and go to follow through. I have tried and failed weight loss many times and realize that not only does my weight outlook need a change, everything in life has to be balanced and focused.. on Christ. So that is where I've tried to be and I'm becoming increasingly conservative and more dependant on Him all the time.

I like checking in with a support network cuz maybe I have something useful to say or maybe I can learn a new low-cost, healthy recipe for a big lot like ours or just get uplifted for the day. I do not count calories or own a scale or follow any program or diet. I'm also a baby-stepper, praying to upgrade to letting go, as God truly wants. :yikes: I am here to serve God first in all things and know that along the way I need to include my eating and exercise (or lack thereof!). :sumo:

My top priorities in life are my daily walk and faith in Christ, opening up and remaining available to serve in whatever capacity God asks of me with and separate from my husband, Scripturally tackling parenthood and trying to return to or instill healthy habits in our family. :drill:

So, if you'll be so kind as to let me hang out with you and do my thing while hopefully helping you do yours then I think that could be cool. :cool:

some basic details...
I'm 35, disciple of Christ first then wife and mom/stepmom of 5
we live in NH with a retired GSD (used to breed) a cat that sort of adopted us but is really just using us for the food and one parakeet each for us three girls. My husband and I started livn4christ.com as opening a door to faith-based ministry as that is how we have lived our lives. Currently we are transitioning into creating some short 2D cartoon clips for evangelizing and witnessing, possibly web and DVD based. It's a learning process that we're excited about. Wherever God leads and directs!!

SunnyD57
02-19-2004, 06:34 PM
Hello EEYORE...
You are more then http://www.harrythecat.com/graphics/b/welcom22.gif to join in with us! So glad to meet you --- thanx for the introduction.

(I just did a copy & paste from my last intro - hope you don't mind)
A little info about me for you: I am just 47 years old. I selected SUNNYD57 for my name in the forum (most just call me Sunny ;) ) Sunny (for a good disposition) & D (Initial of my first name Donna) 57 (the year I was born - a very good year I might add... I love the 50's ;) ) I am a huge fan of the vintage years ~ 30's, 40's & 50's, Big Band Music & Fifties Music.

My hubby, Joe, works for a grocery store chain "TOPS". He works in Bakery Maintaince for ~ALL~ the stores in OHIO. So he drives all over the state, driving a very large van. He can get in anywhere from 800 - 1,000 miles a week in driving. So sometimes I get pretty concerned when he leaves the house - I rely on my prayers and faith that the Lord will bring him home to me when he walks out the door in the morning. Thank goodness for cell-phones too! We call one another at least 2 - 3 x a day... staying in touch and making sure each is having a good, safe day. He's all I have... well, other then my boys - 3 kitties - Domino (8 yrs old), & brother's, Guido & Zeppe (1 3/4 yrs old). Joe & I couldn't have children, but are involved in youth ministries & our church. We both sing in a small group called "Gift of Song". And have been married 28 yrs, June 21st will be 29 years for us :) My parents and two (of three) siblings live in MAINE... so you aren't far from them.

I wish you well and hope that this thread will help you reach your goals... I know that these people have really helped me since I joined last August --- as you can see from this morning... THANK-YOU, ANGEL!http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/201.gif You are Special!!!

So that's about it about us... (sorry everyone for boring you with info you have read before :^: )

Pic of my hubby, Joe: (Just click on links)
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=17385

Pic of me:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=17386

SunnyD57
02-19-2004, 06:42 PM
Pic of Domino:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=16799

Pic of my two boys - Guido & Zeppe (brothers):
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=17383

EZMONEY
02-19-2004, 09:43 PM
Here's pics of our new puppy. We will be able to pick her up in two weeks.
Gary is NOT HAPPY! He's a "scrooge" when it comes to dogs. But I know how to get what I want :s: ;)

EZMONEY
02-19-2004, 10:23 PM
I AM NOT A SCROOGE!! ;)

I just really didn't want another "kid" to take care of. Plus I was tricked!! YES :yes: :yes: :yes: I WAS!! Angie comes in from work late--I ask "where were you?" -"I was out shopping." - me "OK" the next thing I know she is on the computer, checking her e-mail as usual RIGHT? NOPE!! she calls me into the room and says "Honey, look what I bought today." Now how in the world could I resist that puppy-- she knows I am a sucker for babies and puppies! I am not so sure I like the idea of her carrying around her digital camera :lol: Anyway she placed the down payment on "HER" golden retriever and we should pick her up in a couple of weeks when she is old enough-- her name is RILEY-- Angie picked out her name after seeing some dog show the other day on TV-- had the name but NO DOG ;)

I have been busy with tennis and soccer (the girls) so haven't been here much.

I wish all of you the best and I know you can and will loose weight-- stop setting goals that cannot be reached, that just keep you frustrated-- just keep at it EVERY day through BETTER choices, better exercise-- stop worrying about diets (I KNOW IT WORKS FOR SOME PEOPLE and I don't want to offend anyone) But to tell you the truth I have seen tons of diets the 2 years i have been on this site and very few seem to work-- but what I have seen is that as long as you are trying (NOT PERFECT) and working at it through better eating and exercise (curves for example) you seem to be happier! Now! if you can take that and go with it for a couple of years I know you will see success! Dr. Phil is working, sbd, etc. but not for everyone-- my thinking is BOTTOM LINE-- calories in--calories out-- eat better-eat less- exercise more! and you will WIN!! You all know your VICES-- for me it's chips!! and beer.

As far as being depressed and Angel's 'ol pastor saying we shouldn't get that way--WE SHOULDN'T!! but WE DO-- we are human-- the ticket here is that we have Christ to get us through it as long as we focus on Him--it is harder for some of us than others-- but it is the KNOWING that He will get us through it that gives us hope that others do not have!

I have said prayers for all of you-- I don't have time tonight to post more- Ron and I have some homework problems to work through... bless you all SCROOGE! er... Gary

sami
02-20-2004, 12:16 AM
Hello! And a HUGE Welcome to eeyore! I go by the screen name Sami! I am the Mother of 6 children 5 girls and 1 boy the girls ages are 21,16,13,9,7 and my son is 19 and my oldest got married this past Sept so I have a wonderful SIL. I am looking forward to getting to know you better.

Sunny-You know you can always vent here. We are here for you and will alway listen! We all have our bad days and you are right getting sun light makes you feel better. I use to go tanning about this time of year because it made me feel better. And one of the questions on the medical form for the new speicalist I am seeing ask how much sun do you get per day. So I am sending you a big {{{{{HUG}}}}}

Wilma and Sprout-I don't care what the WI says you just keep going! Just think if you didn't you will gain! And I know that what EZ said is right the only time I ever lose is when I eat healthy and exercise! I really don't eat much but due to my health issues I went from being very active to a sit down job and I know all the pain meds make it worse also. We can't give up. That is just what the devil wants us to do Give up! And We are not going to give up!

Ez-I can see in the near future that dog will be sleeping in your bed! You will love it! And it will end up being your dog and not Angie's. I know my DH said my dog would not sleep with us and she does and now she is smart enough to love on my DH all the time and he is starting to be a big push over! Now my 16 yr old is a diffrent story. Pepper got in her Valintine candy and ate it then it upset her tummy and guess who's clothes she went on! My DD is so mad at my dog! I don't know why but this dog has always picked on her eats her stuff and goes potty on her clothes (even clean ones).

AngelLover-Everytime I think about your house I could just cry for you. My DM lost her house in a fire. We were out of town because my cousin had been killed in a car acc. and we got the call that her house had burned down. I will never forget what she went through. And to make matters worse she has to get 3 est. to rebuild and if that cost to much then they would buy her another house. She didn't know who to contact and the insurance gave her a name of someone who came in and way under bidded. And they were only willing to pay the least amount (which was thier guy who was way under the others) She did get a new house and God has watched over her and blessed her. My Mom had just went through losing my father and my brother and sister her Mother and now while she was with her sister (who was with her through everything) during her loss and she lost her house. She reminds me of the story of Job. She lost everything and then God blessed her with a house that is paid for and enough money to be comfortable. I will keep praying that your suffering will end soon.

I do have a prayer request. My brother has moved in with my Mom. He has a drinking problem and is really stressing my Mom. Please Pray that he will see that His drinking has cost him everything! He use to have a great paying job now he can't find one. He has lost his house and doesn't get along with his kids.

My Molli looks really good for Chicken pox. She should be able to go back to school Monday. I am off work friday so that makes me feel better.

I have to tell you one more thing. My boss has been gone or worked the opp. of me all week. I came in this morning and she had filled my mail box up with notes of things to do. And then had a note in there that said clean out your mail box! So I did all the stuff (most of it really is her job to do but she doesn't know how) And then put a note in her box that said My mail box was clean when I left on Tues. But someone put a bunch of junk in there for me to do! One of the problems I am having at work is my boss (who is really a nice person) but she doesn't stop to think before she does dumb things like that. She does things like this to her peers and they get mad and I end up being the one who catches the stuff. One of the other bosses were sooooo mad over something she did that I heard about it over and over. I finally said to him I have never said that to you why do you keep being nasty to me? So he has been going out of his way to be nice. Well now I have vented enough!!!!!

Prayers for all of you........ and a speical one for Riley!!!!

Angel-lover
02-20-2004, 10:08 AM
http://www.countryclipart.com/ApplesSet/applewelcome.gifEEYORE! Glad you joined us.
I'm 54...married to the greatest DH. Have 4 children & 11 grands. Two horses. Live too close to the road in the country for other pets. They kept getting hit by cars. The horses are pets for our grands.

Sami...I certainly feel for your mother & all she went through. It was similar to our problem with the insurance. 3 estimates....took the lowest, which wasn't near enough. Now, we're out of money....sitting in the middle of an unfinished burnt house! I'd send pics, but too embarrassed. I think the theft of the remaining furnishings & personal belongings bothered us worse than the fire, though. Maytag Co may finally come through, some day. But, they can't bring back the sentimental things that were stolen. I'm having to really fight the ole devil on that one. I took it so personally....more so than DH. We believe it was someone who knew about the fire & storage. To think someone would purposely hurt us.........anyway, no need to rehash. Just keep praying for us. Getting very tired of living like this. Glad things worked out for your mom.
I will be praying for your request. Sad when liquor & drugs rule our lives. Also, still praying for Molli. Hope things are better at work, soon.

Sunny...glad you're feeling better. :) Remember, talk to us anytime. You don't have to stop posting. I found it helps to "get it out".

Angie....what a sweet puppy! Just want to cuddle it! Glad the "scrooge" accepted it. :lol:

Everyone have a great day! http://www.cowboys-n-cowgirls.com/horsetx1.gifhttp://www.cowboys-n-cowgirls.com/horsetx1.gif

SunnyD57
02-20-2004, 09:47 PM
http://www.ecardgallery.com/egreetings/inspirational/brghtrtmorws08/1.gif
Hi ANGEL :wave:
Yep... doing so much better. The last two days we have had some sun and I cannot believe the difference in how I feel. GARY & ANGIE are so lucky to live in California with the sunshine... I really miss it!

I had a wonderful time at the Tea today... there were about 25 ladies and three babies and three on the way. It was a beautiful day all the way around.

GARY & ANGIE,
Your new puppy is adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just love, love, love baby animals! Animals in general... And I am glad that you (scrooge :drill: ) caved into accepting a new member of the family (not that you had a choice in the matter :lol: ). I must agree with SAMI --- That puppy is going to be your best friend EZ! You'll see... Riley will have you wrapped around her pinky (so to speak ~LOL~ ) ;) My nieces dog is a Chocolate Lab and his name is Riley too - he's 2 years old and huge! But so wonderful with kids! You will both love your new family member. Retriever's are a great family dog, so good with people and very smart. Do you know when you will get her?

Thanks SAMI,
I appreciate your kind words & {{{Hugs}}}... back at you :grouphug: I have felt so much better after having warmer temps and sun the last two days - especially today. It makes such a difference. I was rather quiet at the Tea today, but I did have a really good time! I KNOW the lack of sun is making a huge difference in my moods now.

Has anyone heard from MICHELE??? :?: I am worried about her, she hasn't written much lately and she usually writes at least once a day. MICHELE, are you lurking? You feeling okay sweetie?!? Hope all is going well with you...

Well guys, I am so very tired and am going to head off to bed.

:wave: "Hello's" to WILMA, MARILYN, SUE, DIVINEFAVOR (You gonna come back?), GARNET, CHRISTIAN- hope that your DF's girlfriend is doing well! and our newest friend-EEYORE :wave:

SunnyD57
02-21-2004, 07:31 AM
http://www.ecardgallery.com/egreetings/friendship/ifndafrnd08/1.gif

Good Saturday Morning CER's!

Here are some more pictures of my boys and me the first picture was taken on Sunday (last Sun.) and the second picture was taken this past Tuesday (my face & neck are all scrunched up the way I was sitting there & I look plump-er :o ) and the boys wanted to cuddle with me. Pictures 3, 4 & 5 are of Guido playing with my Ladybugs... yep, I have Ladybugs guys (don't think me strange or odd now). I keep my bathroom door closed to keep the kitties away from them. I didn't have the heart to throw the 2 -3 Ladybugs I found in the house last Fall out into the winter snow, so I kept them and now I have 24 of them. I keep them all under glass in my bathroom, so the boys cannot get to them. I have learned allot watching them. I feed them raisins, apples and cukes to keep them alive and wash out their home every 2 - 3 days to keep everything clean. The wooden heart closes up, so I wait till most of them go inside at night (most do) and that's when I clean their Dome Home :D As soon as the winter weather breaks I will set them free in my gardens. Hope you all don't think I am crazy now... it's not something I have ever done before, but thought it would be a fun project for the winter and it has been. I learned allot about their habits. Enjoy the pictures [ scroll down to see them :o ]

Love you guys...

eeyore68
02-21-2004, 09:18 AM
Sorry I didn't thank you for your welcomes sooner. We've had some major kid issues - still do, but I wanted to pop in real quick at least. The good news is that in my frustration/desperation I went to bed instead of eating. One thing that I haven't done in a long time is eat out of emotion like that - praise GOD! Now for those other vices... ;)

Sami: I thought it was rough having a blended family with 5 kids - you must have been exhausted in the early years!! :dizzy: Ours are now nearly-16, 15, 14, 13 and 11 - three boys, two girls.. the girls are at the top and bottom of the ages, boys in the middle.

Angel-lover: I like the apple clipart - cute! You must have a ball with all those grandkids. Can't wait till I can spoil the grandchildren and then send 'em home! LOL :lol: I absolutely LOVE horses but have never had the space and $$ all at the same time to keep 'em. My dream place has always been a ranch. I'd gladly shovel horse poo to have a few of those great creatures.

SunnyD: thanks for the big welcome and -no- I don't mind a cut and paste. :cool: I think the ladybug thing sounds interesting. I never thought of them as pets! hehe And you will have lots of little free pesticiders running around your garden now!! :halffull: Did you know that the Mall of America uses ladybugs on the plants in their amusement park because they can't use any chemicals.

Well, I need to go see what's up for the day. Hope you all have a good weekend!! :balloons:

Angel-lover
02-21-2004, 11:26 AM
Hi everybody....slow here today. Guess most are out shopping...I'm the only one too broke to go. :lol:

Sorry Sunny....Your pics wouldn't come up for me. Message reading they were invalid. I'm sure they were nice, though. Always are.

Thanks EEYORE for the compliment on the graphics. I've enjoyed using them since I first joined the forum. Sunny finds cuter ones....but, I try.
We've only got 2 1/2 acres for our horses. :D As I said, they are just big pets. Don't cost much for just them. I'm a little afraid, myself, due to a bad experience when I was a little girl. But, can't even go to the shed without them coming up behind me (unexpectedly) & putting their head under my arm...raising it to pet them! Of couse it startles me...seems to tickle them. Almost looks like they're laughing at me! :lol: The very first day we got the mom, Molly, we had a 2 yr old grand to pull up grass & feed her. She was so carefull around the little one's fingers. We knew she was a keeper! We would love to have a bigger place & raise horses, also.
Sorry for your problems...will pray for you. Sending you some pics of Molly (mom) & Milly (filly) 1.Molly trotting in pastor. 2.Molly (was expecting, again...but, lost it) 3. Molly & Milly possing! Camera hogs! :lol:

Hope all have a good weekend.http://www.countryclipart.com/Farm/barnhorsescene.gif

SunnyD57
02-21-2004, 11:39 AM
http://timbuktu.eluria.com/stamps_archivos/sqflower.gif Hi EEYORE!
Were you able to see the pictures? Here they are now for you. So good to hear from you, but am sorry to hear that you are having some 'in home' problems with your children too. I will lift you all up in prayer!

http://timbuktu.eluria.com/stamps_archivos/sqmouse.gif Good Morning ANGEL,
I am glad you said something to me about the pictures... the forum wasn't allowing me to upload the pictures the other day and no matter what I did it just didn't work...

Oh well, here they are now - they loaded up this time :)

PS>>> Your graphics are just as cute - you are such a goof ;)

Click ON the PICTURES to make them Larger:

wilma12
02-21-2004, 11:41 AM
I slept in this a.m. and am now enjoying my morning coffee before getting busy doing some chores. I woke up with a better attitude this morning. I decided that if I want to lose this weight I just have to do it. I know I can- I just need to say NO to sugar and some white flour products. So here goes once more!!

eeyore: I don't think I've welcomed you here yet so WELCOME!! The great people on this board are very supportive. I am almost 45, have a super husband and 2 college age boys who are living at home while getting their education. I am a faithful Curves goer and am struggling to get the last 30 lbs off.

Sunny: Ladybugs! I love them but have never thought of having them as pets. I couldn't get the pictures to work. A message came up saying they were invalid so I couldnt see them. :(

Sami: Thanks for the encouragement. I keep telling myself that at least I haven't gained weight back so that is a positive. we just need to keep plugging along.

Angel: I hope your day is going well.

Gary (and Angie): Your puppy is adorable. Riley looks just like the dog we had to leave behind when we moved. Rudy (a girl!!) was a great dog- lots of personality. It was hard to leave her behind but being an outside, country dog she would have been killed in the city within a week. She turns 14 next month and is going deaf. She now lives on a farm and loves to be around the animals.

Sprout: Great job on the Curves!! Is the 6 week challenge the weight loss class? Here we have to pay $65. to go and I feel I know what to do so I don't need to spend the money. I also think that with what we pay in fees we should get things like that free.

Michele: Thanks for the encouragement. Hope everythings okay with you. We miss you!

Have a wonderful day! I'm off to bake bran muffins for me and cookies for the men.

SunnyD57
02-21-2004, 11:46 AM
Hey there WILMA...
I got the pictures to come up :D
Take another look see...

Angel-lover
02-21-2004, 12:24 PM
Got the pics this time Sunny...they're great. I had trouble too. In fact, went back in to fix the pics & color of print on the last post & almost lost the whole thing! The other day I posted a long message 3 times & finally gave up. Just put in the link to another thread....wouldn't you know...it took that! :^:

Hi Wilma....my day is lazy so far! Gotta get up from here & get soundtracks together, though. Gonna be singing on Praise the Lord time at the TV station tonight. That's what we do on Saturday nights. Sometimes bring in groups from out of town. Sometimes it's some of us. Lots of fun either way! :) I'm also working on a new soundtrack. http://www.emotipad.com/newemoticons/Cans.gif Made one about 5 yrs ago. The money was donated to me, so I gave them away. I was afraid I wouldn't be able to give them away & my feelings would be hurt. :lol: To my surprise, I gave all 200 away & had to make more. Oh well, life can be full of surprises. Some of them nice. :) My hold up now, is my tape cover. I'm trying to decide which of the many pics to use. I'm getting very tired of looking at myself! :lol: Then, when I record the master, I'll get tired of listening to myself! :lol: Sure hope others don't feel that way. :dizzy:

Have a good day.http://www.eakles.com/136preciouscouple.gif

sprout
02-21-2004, 02:07 PM
Another week gone past already!!

Went for my walk this morning - did 1.25 miles which brings my total miles walked to 730.50 - getting close to making my next milestone of 760 miles!!

Since January 1 I have released 5.5 pounds - not much but it is going in the right direction.

Next week will be one month at Curves - they will weigh and measure at that time. As of today I believe it looks something like 2 pounds released and 3 inches -- I will take it!

Wilma: The 6 week challenge is at Curves. Here we pay $60.00 and for every meeting you come to you get back $10.00 so if you attend all 6 meetings the cost is 0. And it comes with their guide. I do agree though that I really do no what I have to do - it is just to do it. And after looking at their plan not sure whether I would follow it anyway as I prefer the outline from Dr. Phil better.

Am working on setting goals - have been doing this now all this past week - every night I set goals for the next day (re my health) and at the end of the day I go and be accountable to whether I accomplished them. They have been pretty much the same all week:

(1) Drink 40 oz of water each day (not much but a start)

(2) No eating after 8 pm

(3) No bread or potatoes

(4) Intentional exercise each day - I list whether it is just my walking or both walking and Curves

(5) To say something positive to each of my family members each day

So far so good -- am working on balance eating with enough protein and veggs with 2 fruit a day and 1 serving of milk each day. Keeping all of that processed food away!!

Anyway, it is lunch time, kids are hungry, I am tired ( to many headaches lately ) so better get off of here and get some more work accomplished.

wilma12
02-21-2004, 02:26 PM
It worked this time Sunny. Cute pics!!

Sprout: I'll have to ask about that at my Curves. It would be worth it if just for the support. How is Dr Phil's plan different?

sprout
02-21-2004, 04:42 PM
Wilma: You asked how the Dr. Phil plan is different from Curves. I found the biggest difference in the start of each of these programs.

Curves:1st two weeks: Heavy on the protein, a lot more restrictive in general. I counted up that in a given day in the 1st 2 weeks you eat min. of 5 servings of protein where Dr. Phil's is 3 servings. I find that Dr. Phil's is just generally more balance right from the beginning. Also Dr. Phil does not refer to 'you are on a diet' when you start his - where Curves starts of by 'you are on a diet until you lose the weight then you go back to eating' - whenever I have done that in the past I never kept the weight off. I understand that Curves is wanting the women to change their life style but the terminology used is a bit different - diet rather than life changes.

What I am working on re my food plan is:
(a) 4 - 6 small meals daily - rather than 3 meals and 3 snacks - just breaking up all the food to equal amounts throughout the day

(b) processed food (white flour and sugar) I am working on deleting completely from my food. This means no sweets, which include no chocolate bars, pop, juices with sugar added or listed in the 1st 3 ingredients. Also means eliminating white bread, (whole wheat ok), white rice (brown rice ok), past (whole wheat ok), staying away from all 'canned' foods as they are just to processed as well.

(c) no eating after 8 pm - am thinking of lowering that down to 7 pm

So what would my food look like:

(a) plenty of chicken, fish and red meat (listing red meat last as it is usually the highest in fat)

(b) eggs and cheese ok - have to watch the cheese though as it does a number on me

(c) 1 serving of milk per day

(d) fruit - 2 of these each day

(e) unlimited on the veggs / greens

(f) 40 + oz. of water per day

Some days are better than others. It is the sweets I tend to have a problem with so I am having to go more strick on getting in the eggs, veggs, fruit and chicken each day. When I do this I am full but when I succum to the sweets all havoc comes - guess I need to do some more work on 'detoxing myself'

Anyway that is where I am at - and I find that the Dr. Phil 'plan' is the best out there for me anyway.

My verse for today is:

Philippians 3:19
Their destiny is destruction, their god is their stomach and their glory is in their shame. Their mind is on earthly things.

EZMONEY
02-21-2004, 05:44 PM
HI LADIES :wave:

Haven't been home much to post. Was at tennis, soccer or softball games (the kids) every night this week and today. My daughter's match got rained out today after they were half way through the singles, they still had doubles and the boys still had to play--- and they say it never rains in southern California :lol: I enjoyed the time with my kiddo though, I took her down some pictures of RYLEE though which ALL the girls oohhhed and aahhhed over. Angie changed the spelling of her name from RILEY to RY (the first 2 letters of my son's name) LEE (his middle name)-- she did this because he wants(?) a dog less than me :( she figures this is one way to bring him around :s: ;)

SUNNY Thanks for the pictures (yes-I couldn't get them at first either) How many raisins can a lady bug eat anyway? Should get RYLEE either next week-end or the following.

ANGEL Good luck with your soundtracks. How is SIL liking being back home? Have a dear friend of mine and my son's who just joined the Army, he is bootcamp in Fort Knox right now and another son of a good friend of mine just joined the Air Force-- we need all those good guys don't we.

SAMI I hope this finds you and Molli feeling better. How much weight did Pepper put on with all that Valentine candy :lol:

WILMA glad to hear you are feeling a little more chipper. I talked to my mom who is with her mom in Illinois and they are going through some gloomy days with the weather. You will conquer the sugar!!

SUE Working are you? for that trip...er..our trip ;)

SPROUT You certainly are on the right track. Is your husband still walking with you? How is that boy doing?

MICHELE Boy hunting again and too busy to post? ;)

EYEORE Welcome! I am the only male the gals put up with here-- and that's only 'cause my wife covers for me.

Well have a few chores to do... discussing WHERE to put the puppy's house, etc..aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :lol:

IN HIS CARE--Worship tomorrow... Gary

SunnyD57
02-21-2004, 06:33 PM
Hey there GARY,
25 Ladybugs eat quite allot... :dz: Smarty-pants :dz:

I like the spelling of RYLEE... that's neat how she came about it. Okay, Big guy, time to stop acting as if you won't like this pup - you are so in denial about how attached you'll be gettin' to her. Joe told me "NO ANIMALS" when we first got married and I have had 4 pet hamsters, a pet rat (Richie), a pet skunk (Sweetpea), fish, and 6 cats (not all at one time & Joe brought home the second kitty! )... not to mention my Ladybug collection, so watch out :smug: - you too will be smitten by the baby animal club too, you'll see. I'm so happy for Angie... I remember when I brought home my first kitty. I was so excited - I didn't sleep for thee nights! No kiddin'

Haveta go... dinner is ready. Just a simple baked chicken, green beans and mashed potatoes - :hun: but oh so good!

SunnyD57
02-22-2004, 08:11 PM
http://www.ecardgallery.com/funnypictures/evolution08/1.jpg
:lol:

Hey there guys...
Guess what!? Joe & I got tickets for this Thursday at 1:15pm to see Mel Gibson's "The Passion" We are going with our friends, Mike & Peggy, and just cannot wait to see it!!!

I hope that your Sunday was good for you all - restful. And that you all went to Church today...

Hey... ... ... I am the one that is suppose to be missing on the weekends :^: what's going on here anyway???

No MICHELE, No GARY, No SAMI, No WILMA, No ANGEL, No MARILYN, No GARNET, No SUE, No EEYORE --- --- Shall I go on? What's happenin' ~ I'm beginning to think that if you could smell things on the net, you all were telling me I have bad breath or something. Or maybe... nawwww

Just come back guys, pleeeaassseee :D

doitforme
02-23-2004, 11:05 AM
Sunny- You are as fresh as a daisy, summer will be here soon, and you can start gardening so glad your feeling better. Welcome- eeyore- I am 42 and single, a work-a-holic. Very active with my church, do bullitins, youth mission trips, youth programs overall. ect, Have an awesome church family Great christian friends for support both here and at church. I have 6 nieces and nephews, so busy alot with them too, and a very supportive family. Wilma- so glad to hear your doing better, attitude is everything, glass have full, or glass half empty. E.z. The puppy is so cute, love labs they are so friendly Got 17 hours overtime this weekend, trip almost paid for. Yeah! Mitchy hope your feeling better soon, pray pain in back is better, Sami- so sorry for all your troubles as well, will keep you in prayer. Angel - so happy sil is home safely, pray for the rest of our soldiers, Garnet pray your asthma is better. Sprout- still praying for you and your sun, thanks for your example to the rest of us, great job with all the walking! It took me awhile to catch up again. I am doing great I lost 7 more pounds so down 13 all total. I had been bad for a few months and gained alot, so being good now just gotta stay that way. I have not felt hungry so far so I think the shakes do a better job leveling out my blood sugar. Spring is coming then I get more active. Like camping yea! Hi to everyone, and those I missed.catch ya all later. love ya's sue

Mitchypoo
02-23-2004, 02:09 PM
Hello all!
Welcome, Eeyore! I hope to see you post often so we get to know you. I've been posting not as often, having puter problems at home, not much time at work.

Gary~What a darling pup!! That Angie is so funny! You are going to be whipped with that little one. I can already tell! I think Golden's are maybe the cutest pups.......besides labs that is!

I didn't have time to catch up on everything but wanted to say hi and sorry i haven't been around but I've been really sick. I haven't been sick like that in a long time. Thursday afternoon i started feeling it, body aches, head ache, stomach, nauseous. I almost made it home, but puked on me and my car about 100 yds from the house, twice in the driveway..........ick, ick, it was gross. And i'm such a baby about that. I was puking and crying......and then realizing, why am i crying? no one to hold my hand...... i puked most of that night and i was just sooooo sick. i've been in bed all weekend, made it out sat. a.m to get soda, soup, banana and juice. But then it was back to bed.

I'm at work today but feeling ick in the tummy only. Having some soup and a soda for lunch.

Will have to post later.

SunnyD57
02-23-2004, 03:37 PM
http://www.ecardgallery.com/egreetings/friendship/umyfrnd08/1.gif
Hi MICHELE,
I am so, so sorry you were so ill... I would have held your hand if I could have been there & even drawn you a nice warm bath. There's nothing worse then that feeling of hurling, chills & alike. Hope that you are well on the mend and feeling like your old self again real soon. Boy, sounds like you had it bad! I really missed you!! You had not posted since I bagan this thread and I was beginning to really worry about you, now I know it was a instinctive feeling that you were not doing well. You keep on getting better now...

{{{Hugs}}}

http://www.ecardgallery.com/egreetings/friendship/umyfrnd08/div.gif

Hi SUE,
:lol: You are so funny! So good to see you again too... I thought that maybe you just have been working hard for "our trip" ;) Glad to hear that it's almost paid for :D When should I have my bags ready to go?? Oh, and how many days will 'we' be gone for? Gotta make sure I am fully prepared you know
:lol: :lol: All kidding aside :lol: :lol: I am so excited for you and bet you just cannot wait to go!!!

EZMONEY
02-23-2004, 05:34 PM
Hi

EZMONEY
02-23-2004, 05:44 PM
Hi Ladies-

I am having trouble with this computer today-- really slow and doing strange things. I will post while i can but have the cable guy coming to look at a problem on the tv line. Angie was going to go see Rylee yesterday and take more pictures but her schedule and the pup's current "mom" conflicted. Boy Lara (step-d) and Ron (nephew) sure were dissapointed, they were hoping to go see her for a few minutes. Don't tell Angie but I was looking forward to more pictures. I am not sure when we can pick her up, I THINK it is a week from today-- we were hoping next week-end but I am not sure, the following week-end we will be out of town too... I told Angie if we don't get her while she is a puppy then forget it 'cause i don't want a dog! She just threw stuff at me lol-- can't use the little icons today for some reason-- I hope this post makes it through.

Tell us about the movie Sunny- I don't see it until next Sunday, at church yesterday they announced we had sold all 350 tickets we had. One of the large churches here bought 4,000 tickets-- they are handing out a lot of them to lower income and homeless folks.

Well cable guy here, gotta go..

OH YEA HI SUE and MICHELE!! going...........

sami
02-23-2004, 08:07 PM
Hello I have to make it quick. My DD has a big project that she has waited until tonight to have done! This kid is Killing me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well Molli was back at school the chicken pox's are over.
Mitchypoo-I was wondering where you were! I am so sorry you were not feeling well. It sounds like you got the BAD flu that has been going on around here. Praying you are getting better fast!!!!!!
Sue-So glad you almost have our trip paid for!!!!! I am so happy for you! I wish I could get some OT but hours are tight at my work right now. I am bummed today because I found out one of my farvorite people at work was fired over the weekend for theft! He found a gift card that a guest lost and used it thinking it couldn't be traced. Well he was wrong the guest called about it and AP traced it on the camera's and caught him using it. It was a dumb thing to do. And the sad thing is he was a good worker and he knew better! He is afraid that if his parents find out they will kick him out.
Ez-I wanted to see more pictures also! I can't wait to hear your dog stories!
SunnyD-I don't smell anything here! LOL Sorry with one child with Chicken pox and two others hogging the comp. to do there big project! And here we are last min and one of them is still trying to get it done! We are going to see that movie also with our church next sat. I can't wait! My DD was telling me that Mel Gibson said his wife was going to go to ****. I looked up the coment by keying "Mel Gibson says wife will go to ****." I can't tell if that is what he meant or not. Take a look and tell me what you think?

Go to run! Sorry if I missed anyone.

wilma12
02-24-2004, 09:02 AM
Good Morning! Just a quick message before I head out the door to work. I did really well with abstaining from sugar yesterday. I'm starting to feel better about myself so hopefully I'll show some weight loss. I weighed myself (not officially) at curves yesterday and weighed in at 176. I'm going to weigh myself every Monday and then keep myself more accountable. I plan on reporting a loss next Monday.

Have a super day!

SunnyD57
02-24-2004, 10:05 AM
http://www.ecardgallery.com/egreetings/friendship/sombdycrs08/1.gif
Good Morning Everyone!! So Wonderful to see you all :)

Hi WILMA,
:dance: Congrats on getting through Day 1 w/o sugar!! I know how hard that is to do!!! Believe me - I just love my sweets! In fact, I made a batch of brownies last night (haven't made those in ??? Can't remember the last time - it's been so long). We had one warm with some vanilla ice cream last night - I packed one up for Joe's lunch and packed the rest for him to bring to work (got them out-of-the-house!)... I know I would eat them if they were here. Anyway, I begin the "cleansing" tomorrow of all sugars (nothing else - just sugar & I will watch my portions)... for Lent. I want to use Lent as a 'stepping stone' to begin fresh and using my faith and the support of my Lord through daily prayer. And with that and the support here I just cannot lose (or can I... ;) :lol: ) I have done it once in my life losing over 80lbs & keeping it off for almost 8 years - I know I can do it again. When I was successful last time - I began in April, Spring is a great time of HOPE & RENEWAL!

I am soooo sorry - I went off on my battles and such...
I do wish you well WILMA and am thinking of you and can SO identify with you.
{{{BIG Hugs}}}

http://www.ecardgallery.com/egreetings/friendship/sombdycrs08/div.gif

Hi SAMI,
:lol: I know that you all have very busy lives, I don't mean to pressure you - I just was really missing you guys! I had more time on the weekend then I usually do... we stayed home Saturday (crummy weather) and Joe had to work on some recordings for church - so he had to work in a quiet room :D therefore, giving me some computer time :D

I went to the article you mentioned - and I am a bit confused by it too. Don't know if he was quoted properly, but then again I don't know what his church is saying to him either (and the follower's of his church) about salvation... He could be very misunderstood if it wasn't quoted right. And that's beside the point too - people are coming to the Lord through this movie. God works through us "in spite" of our flaws, you know. That's what is so cool about GOD! :D I just cannot wait to see it on Thursday. I saw a special program the other day on PAX TV and it is airing again tonight at 9:00 (our time) on PAX... some "behind the scene" stuff on the movie. Great program. Glad I saw it before the movie. On morning TV, I saw the girl who plays Mary Mags and she said she was agnostic before she made the movie and said that now she studies scriptures, because she wants to know more about this man Jesus --- that is so cool :cool: And the person that plays the devil :devil: is a woman with a mans voice - wicked! In the movie... when Mary (mother of Jesus) walks with Jesus as he carries the cross - she looks at the crowds across the way from her and see's the devil in the crowds walking with her... oooh, did I get goosebumps!
You see this in the PAX show airing tonight @ 9:00.
Hope you guys are able to see it.

http://www.ecardgallery.com/egreetings/friendship/sombdycrs08/div.gif

Hi GARY,
I will come back and tell you about the movie after I see it Thursday... just cannot wait! I heard that there were over 2,800 theatre's (& growing) now showing the movie - where in the beginning there were only 2,000 - so cool!

I hope you are able to get your puppy real soon! I know how hard it is to wait for them, I went through that with my boys waiting for them to wean from their mom. Seemed like forever! Let us know when you get her, okay.
Take lots of pictures ANGIE!!!!!!!

Well, I must be going and get my day started.
:) God Bless you all!! :)

Mitchypoo
02-24-2004, 01:41 PM
Oh Sunny, I'm seeing The Passion on Friday! I just can't wait. I've had my tickets for awhile. Got tickets through that church i visited, they were reduced and the whole showing was bought by that church and another. I will know a couple people there. I invited my shyguy by email and i stressed to him that it wasn't a date, cuz i know he isn't interested in dating, but thought we were friends. I didn't want to make him uncomfortable. But he responded today and declined, he said he has to go watch it first by himself. (Slightly weird to me, but whatever...) So now i think I'll invite Charlie.

We didn't have our Valentine date cuz i was sick, he's called a couple times since, but i haven't heard from him lately. A little irritated about that...

And there's a new guy named Bernie i've been speaking too and he wants to meet this weekend and i will meet him for a drink or dinner. Sounds great, good Christian, funny guy. I'll tell you more if and when i meet him.

I'm at work although my tummy is still messed up, i'm having soup again for lunch. I didn't go to Alpha last night, too tired after work and didn't want to push it. And now cuz i've been in bed so much, my back is killing me. I'm just a mess....

SunnyD57
02-24-2004, 05:02 PM
http://www.ecardgallery.com/egreetings/friendship/frndsml08/1.gifhttp://www.ecardgallery.com/egreetings/friendship/frndsml08/2.gif
Hi MICHELE,
Isn't it exciting :cp:
As I said before - I just cannot wait. We only paid $5.00ea. for our tickets because we are going in the afternoon. I am hoping it will not be quite as crowded too.
http://www.ecardgallery.com/egreetings/friendship/frndsml08/div.gif
As far as you still feeling ill - that concerns me very much!! Do you think you may have gotten food poisoning? Have you gone to the Dr? I think that if you are still not feeling well in another day or so, it may be something to think about - going to your Dr. Food Poisoning is nothing to fool around with... you know, Michele.
As far as the guys go... just keep on truckin' there my friend. When that someone comes along - you'll know it, in the meantime... just have fun! Enjoy one another's company. I wish you only the best in life. So good to hear from you ~
"God Bless"
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

sami
02-24-2004, 07:44 PM
HELLO! Well today was the day for the big science projects for my youngest 3 DD's and as usual my 9 yr old didn't have hers done this morning! This Kid is killing me!!!!!!! Made her get up and put it together. Even if it wasn't quite right it was her way of doing it! Of course most of the other kids had very detail projects and you could tell thier parents did a lot of work!!!! I need to do so spring cleaning this weekend! I can tell the winter junk is piling up! I should lose a least 2 lbs cleaning Right?

SunnyD-I never feel pressured from you! You to nice and sweet and I feel speical when I am missed! I felt the same way you Did about Mel supposed comment. I guess if the media can't tear the movie apart the director would be next!

Wilma-I will pray that the Lord will help you through the next few days with no sugar!!!! Maybe it would be helpful to get a few sugarfree goodies to help you through the next few days. Ex.. sugar free Ice cream bars (some are as low as 25 cals each) Sugar free pudding (you will have to make it because they don't sell it premade because it becomes to watery after a few days) And sugarfree jello is good to! But don't eat to much sugarfree candy I made that mistake when I first found out I was diabetic. I ate about 20 pieces of salt water sugarfree candy and my stomach started cramping up and then someone pointed out that sugarfree candy has a type of laxative in it for flavoring! Never made that mistake twice LOL!

Mitchypoo-Maybe your shy guy know from the reviews that the movie will be very moving to him and he would be embarrassed if you saw him. And you know how guys can be Charlie might be thinking that you are giving him the cold shoulder because you have been sick. (You never know what guys are thinking (Sorry EZ of course you are diffrent) I know the Lord has someone special for you. (the hard part is that you will meet him in the Lords time and it get hard waiting sometimes)

Ez-How is the Nephew doing? Does he see his Mom much? I bet he will love having a Puppy to run with!

Sue-Is it really cold where we are going or is it going to be kind of warm? I think a Alaska as being cold but I think there are some places that are warmer that others.

Sprout-How are things going your way?

Angellover-How are you feeling? I was hoping to get some help from the New Dr. I was suppose to see on the 5th of March. I had an App. at noon and after the DR. App. we were going to go out of town to the Basketball tournament my DD would play in. But now I found out that the school was planning a field trip on the way. So we will see.

Well I better run!
Come back all you MIA! We miss you!

EZMONEY
02-24-2004, 10:17 PM
HI GALS

I have to be quick tonight. Got home a little while ago from my daughter's tennis match, she won her doubles 8-2. The team was winning when I left, left early because of all the traffic- took 2 hours to get home, when there is no traffic it is only 35 minutes. Step-d made honorable mention for soccer so we are happy about that!

SAMI- I laugh (not really!~) at the frustration with those kids and their homework-- I know what I have with just Ron. He sees his mom almost every friday night until Sat. night-- this schedule works well for all of us. Sorry about your friend at work-expensive lesson.

WILMA you are on the right track as usual-- your speed will pick up soon!

MICHELE Glad you are feeling better- have a good time (?) guess you really can't- at the movie. We see it Sunday, our tickets were $9.50.

SUNNY Not sure when we will have more RYLEE pictures, Angie doesn't want to bug the lady-- she is nicer than me :lol: Enjoy (?) the movie-- it is funny but you can tell by the reviews what critics are christian can't you?

ANGEL, SUE, SPROUT, GARNET and EYEORE -- I hope all is well.

Have a job 2 hours from home W/O traffic-- leaving early.... good night

Gary-- HAPPY ASH WEDNESDAY-- tomorrow

wilma12
02-25-2004, 08:48 AM
Another new day! I've been to Curves and back, showered and have had my bran muffin. I'm ready to start what could be a very busy day. Curves is having a Foods for Friends drive and challenge. To earn a free tshirt you have to bring in a bag of groceries, work out 3 times per week and lose either 5lbs or 5inches in March. I love challenges and am going for it.

Gotta go to work. I'll try to be here tonight some time.

Have a great day!

eeyore68
02-25-2004, 11:06 AM
I'm used to getting email instead of checking forums so I keep waiting for new notification and forget that I have to keep coming back to check if I haven't personally posted. :dizzy:

my husband ordered new computers and software to start going in the direction of short, simple animations so I've been doing the tedious work of getting things set up and reorganized - we've never done this before and unless you have a few thousand and up to spare, even this small time animation is going to be a time-consuming process. what's on my husband's heart is to make quick little cartoon snippets and maybe flash games for evangelizing and witnessing. He has to learn the majority of the techinical aspect and I have to do the drawing. God has given us many talents and abilities, we just desire to give them all back to Him and share these finished products freely as He allows.

sorry to hear there's illness going around...I agree an extended illness seems a little concerning.

wilma - u sound energetic - good on you!

sami - I'll trade you for homework issues any day. We have 3 teen boys that openly reject Christ and have learned that the "system" is in their favor when it comes to how the Bible teaches to parent vs. how the world works.

ezmoney - $9.50 for movie tickets, ain't it insane?

I'm anxious to hear personal reviews of the Passion movie. We saw the making of documentary but will have to wait for the DVD before this big family sees it, even if we did have discounted tickets!

I have to get back to yet another new program and see what God has for me around that bend! :^:

Hope you all have a great day in the Light of Christ and blessing of our Lord & Savior!!

1 Timothy 1:12
I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has strengthened me, because He considered me faithful, putting me into service.

doitforme
02-25-2004, 11:14 AM
So sorry to hear you were sick Mitchy, There is nothing worse then upset stomach, cramps, ect. Hope your soon feeling like new again. I have been so busy got 24.5 hours overtime in since Fri. I just got caught up again reading the posts, will respond individually later or try with what I remember. Gotta go grocery shopping, going with annie, but as always wish ya's a great day, and I too can't wait to see the passion, I haven't got a ticket yet. But hope to see it in the next week or so. Have a great day. See ya. Sue

eeyore68
02-25-2004, 01:55 PM
I saw the MSNBC excerpt of the "****" comments: Gibson was interviewed by the Herald Sun in Australia, and the reporter asked the star if Protestants are denied eternal salvation. “There is no salvation for those outside the Church,” Gibson replied. “I believe it.”

While I do agree that this is going to be one powerful movie, we do need to remember that Gibson is a very traditional Catholic and to him we outside Catholicism are those Protestants. So, if by Church he means Catholics it is an unfortunate understanding of true salvation.

That does not, in any way limit what GOD can do with this presentation! :cheer:

SunnyD57
02-25-2004, 02:39 PM
Good Afternoon Everyone :D

:cp: So nice to so many here :cp:
I sure do hope that ANGEL is okay!!!!!!
She hasn't been on any of the threads lately.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
ANGEL,
If you are lurking, just stop in and let us know you
are okay, would you?!? Have you been ill?
"Thinking of you!"

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

All is wonderful for me today --- the :sunny: sun is shinning :sunny: and the
temp is rising and that makes it a glorious day :)
:wave: Hi EEYORE :wave: Hi SUE :wave:

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_4_23v.gif I did my workout today on the Elliptical ~ 4.45miles in 30min http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_1_204.gif and another 15min in stretching time. And have almost gotten in 64oz of water already (hoping to get in round that +some each day). I never was a water drinker before, but I got this insulated mug at Wal-Mart a couple weeks ago that holds 64oz of water and it makes it allot easier to make sure I get that in at least. I cannot believe how much better I feel, just with the water! It has taken me two weeks, but I have worked my way up to drinking the whole 64oz in a day and sometimes a bit more :D

Well, guys... as far as the movie goes --- did I already say, "I CAN'T WAIT!" http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_1_20.gif I'll touch base with you as soon as I can after I see it. I just saw an interview with three movie goers in NY (they just came out from seeing the movie) and all three gave it a thumbs up and said that they felt the movie depicted the truth of what happen to Christ. So cool - not one negative comment!

You ~All~ take care now... I'll be back as soon as I am able.
Joe is off for the next few days.
"GOD BLESS!"

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

doitforme
02-25-2004, 02:52 PM
Grocery shopping was too much fun! I spent $138. But I am set for another week or so, I had run out of good food, and was eating at work last couple days, and they are all on increased caloric intake, so no low cal sytuff there. I haven't lost and I haven't gained last couple but will wait till next week to weigh in again. I have down good so far. Enough about me. I watched several interveiws with Mel. and He sounds like He seems to be on target with salvation. He is a how do you term it conservative catholic. He doesn't go along with alot of the changes that have come along. He doesn't believe works will get ya there, which many do... He doesn't seem to link mary with salvation either. But haven't seen enough yet to be sureI just hope his movie kicks off a revival across this country something that is greatly needed. One look at T.V. will show ya how far we have sunk. The media goes in waves but I agree with E.Z. you can tell which interviewers are christian and the ones that are not. I didn't care for Diane Sawyers interview. She almost seemed to address his views as hoeky. She did the same thing when she interviewed the missionary whose plane was shot down that lost his wife and daughter. I pray her eyes are opened. Great job working out sunny. enjoy Joe's days off.
E.Z. Your new kid will arive soon! Loved the pics. Sami- It will be around 75-80 most of the time, except near the glaciers. So pack your shorts. Hi there also to eeyore,wilma(rooting for ya on challenge), angel and all others I missed. gotta run, checking out skits for my teen group tonight see ya!

SunnyD57
02-25-2004, 03:07 PM
About the interviews...
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/18/18_1_103.gif "Here! Here! SUE" I so agree with you...
just had to come on and tell you, gotta get going now. Ta! :)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

sami
02-26-2004, 07:39 AM
Hello I have to be quick because I have to get the kids to school! I am happy I just got on the scales and I am down 5 lbs!!!!!! I have been so careful because of my stomach and cutting high fat and drinking more water. So I was happy when I got on the scale!

EEyore-I am very thankful my kids are Christians and they are all very close to each other. My two oldest ones do so much for the younger ones it is such a blessing. My oldest DD was a challange when she hit the teens I hated her choice of friends. But it passed and she is so much help with my other DD who tried that but big sister stepped in. And they do so much together it kept her away from the one friend I didn't think was good for her.
I will pray that the Lord works in thier hearts.

Sue-Wow I have to go shopping!

SunnyD-I took my pepper for a walk I am training her to walk on a leash. I am starting slow and we will walk farther every other night.

Mitchy-How are you Feeling?

Wilma-Keep us posted on how your doing! I know you will make the challage!

Garnet-How are you Post when you can.

EZ-Way to go for DSD. We are going up to WI for my 8th grade DD basketball. Don't you just love sports?

Angel Lover-I Pray thing are going well for you.

To all the others I am keeping this group in my prayers!

eeyore68
02-26-2004, 08:12 AM
Sami - Praise God our God is so merciful that he allows even the darkest heart the opportunity to still choose Him as long as there is breath in their body!! :) I think it's awesome that your kids are so good to each other. Good sibling bonds can be the strongest bonds people have. And major congrats on your loss!!

My weight praise today is that tho' that time of the month has come, I have not been so snack-crazy. Guess I've been to focused on other things too notice as much - that's a good thing! Also, recently I got a pair of 24W Venezia jeans off eBay 'cuz the waist bands in my 26's keep getting loose with wear. So I thought I'd see if the other jeans were just getting that broken in or if I was truly starting to go down despite my lack of committed exercise for a couple months. Well, thank the Lord they are tight in the waist right now but I can wear them!! I can wear 24 in Avenue Blues, but they seem to run bigger so this was pretty exciting stuff for me. Even more incentive for me to keep asking hubby for help getting the exercise machine fixed up for use again!! Praise the Lord!!

Hope you all are having a great day -- am anxious to hear from you Passion Movie goers ASAP!! It got LOTS of attention around here after it premeired, way more than a "normal" movie. Isn't that ironic?! Of course the media here is no different and tried to veil their disproval, but God is awesome!!

Looking to Him today for even more wisdom and freedom...
eeyore (michelle)

You who fear the LORD, praise him! All you descendants of Jacob, honor him!

Revere him, all you descendants of Israel! :yes:

For he has not despised or disdained the suffering of the afflicted one; he has not hidden his face from him but has listened to his cry for help.

Psalm 22:23,24 NIV

doitforme
02-26-2004, 08:25 AM
Thanks Sunny-CONGRATS SAMI YOU ARE DOING GREAT! AND ALSO CONGRATS TO EEYORE, JEANS NEVER LIE!
Hi to everyone else off to bowling, then onto work. Have a great day!

SunnyD57
02-26-2004, 08:56 AM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_4_23v.gif Good Morning CER's! Just a very quick post...

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/18/18_1_103.gif Congrats too all you "LOSER'S" :dance:
Isn't losing just the most wonderful feeling!
I just finished my morning workout and had to post it...

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_1_20.gif Elliptical: 30min / 4.60miles :D and I got in 70oz of water yesterday.

I would love to post to each of you if I only had the time...
but know that I am so happy and excited for you!!
Keep up the great work and have an OP day again today :)
God's Blessings!!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Mitchypoo
02-26-2004, 11:36 AM
Hello all :wave:

I didn't make it to work yesterday AGAIN! This time because of my back. I woke up at 5:30 in pain! I literally could not get out of bed. When i finally HAD to (to go potty) I almost could not make it there. I was limping on my right leg. It was so awful. I had to find my way step by step to get something in my belly to take some ibuprofen to see if it would help. It didn't really touch it. I prayed a lot, asking for healing, cuz i can't afford to be out of work, and I felt so helpless. In the afternoon it was a little better, i could get up slowly and walk around a little. This a.m. i could get up with less pain but my right hip is out. I'm going to the chiropractor this afternoon. I know he'll help my hip, but i'm in so much pain i'm afraid to go too. He'll fix me up.

I'm hoping to be able to still go to the movie tomorrow night. I think i'm going to go alone. Charlie hasn't been calling, says he's busy with work, but i'm wondering if he's lost interest. Whatever.....i don't care anymore. And the guy i had a terrible argument with, we're talking again and there's something about him, he's the one who has my heart, although he's the one who causes me so much heart ache too.

I started that book, The Purpose Driven Life, again. Doing it for the lenten season. Hoping that i'll stay open to what God wants for me and my life.

Will post individually later, but know i think of you all and you are also in my prayers!

EZMONEY
02-26-2004, 12:27 PM
HI GALS :wave:

BOY IS IT EVER RAINING HERE!! :rain:

I am taking the day off. I was going to work on a job a couple of hours away but with the rain (AND THE NASTY TRAFFIC) it makes it at least 4 hours each way-- even though I leave at 4:45 am. Plus if the rain blows out (not looking like it) my daughter has a match today-- she has been rained out of 3 already this year :( - one will be made up but not the others.

Another rain problem we are having is on a sliding glass door--aahhhh... this is the 3rd time with the problem. We had replacment windows put in a couple of years ago and now have an on going problem with the slider-- it is getting our carpet wet now. Not happy :mad: Have calls in already this morning.

Well the Passion is out-- I read interesting quotes from the folks locally in the paper this morning that saw it last night. The big church near us actually ended up buying 8,000 tickets when it was all said and done with- the first 4,000 went quick. We go on Sunday afternoon with our church.

SUNNYD- Well Donna how was it? Sad I know. With all that water you must have had to put the elliptical in the bathroom :lol: I am so proud of you! You are the new :coach: :tread:

MICHELE Hey i have an extra ticket for the movie if you want to join us- my step-d will be out of town and can't go. I hope you are feeling better by now. Angie has the chiroprator ON CALL ;) for her back. Sorry for the BOY trouble.

SAMI GREAT JOB :yes: on the water and diet AND THE LOSS!! How did the science project end up? Ron has a big civil war project about to start- I just signed a paper saying I understood the importance of it to his grade-- it is also a group project so the teacher is encouraging us to encourage the kids to do their parts. Hope your health and work is going well.

SUE How was bowling? Wow $138 for groceries-- I bet SAMI and WILMA AND MYSELF wish we could live on that-- I JUST know that dog is gonna cost me that much a week--I just know it :lol: I have my shorts already packed! My Vicar's dad had his surgery for his brain tumor and ALL went well!

WILMA How is the CURVES challenge going? I bet you are kicking butt ;) What is going on with those boys of yours? Must be with those dang girlfriends-- leaving mom all alone :lol: ;)

ANGEL Where are you dear? Are you still THANKING your hubby for those Valentine's Day flowers? Good for you!

EEYORE Good job on the jeans! Sorry about the boys not wanting Christ at the moment-- I will pray for you. All you can do is set the example, then wait on the Lord dear. We all come at different times. As far as $9.50 for the tickets to the movie- you as I know it will be $$$ well spent. Can't wait to see it either.... I know it will be hard to watch but the more times we "TRY" to understand the pain the clearer the message becomes. Each year after Good Friday service we leave in silence and in darkness, then we place nails in a cross made from the Christmas trees we have on the altar at Christmas-- I have made the cross the last few years (took over for a 95 year old man that passed on) ANYWAY I feel like I should place ALL the nails in the cross.

Well gonna take care of some chores while I am home.. Enjoy your day.

Angel-lover
02-26-2004, 01:33 PM
Hi everyone....gonna try to post! I've been pretty busy. Mostly though, just frustrated. I tried several times to post. When I hit the "submit" button, I'd lose my post! The first time was in my last post, when I gave up & just put in the link...wouldn't you know, it took it! :dizzy: I've tried other times, since then...but, wouldn't take. Also, the same way on another thread (where the link was). Anyway, I've been reading, & being blessed.

Hi Sunny...enjoy your time with Joe. We miss you, but know we have to share you sometimes. Just for a little while, though. :lol:

Sami...EEYORE!! Doing geat with your weight loss! In fact, everyone is!http://www.eakles.com/102smiles4.gif

Michelle...I'm sorry. I'm really feeling for you. I know you can get dates....that's not it. It seems, though, when you want something, or someone the most...is when it doesn't work out. If your heart is with this guy you had the argument with, maybe you should give him a second try. Just don't let your caring for him blind you to something you may need to see. At least, you would know then, if it's a pattern with him. I'm glad some of my friends gave me a second chance. ;) I will be & have been praying for you.

Yes, EZ....I'm still thanking DH for Valentine's Day! ;) If you clicked on the link, & saw our picture, you saw the big grin on his face! I thought he was so cute! He was so proud of himself....he knew he did good!! :cb: They're sitting on the table....dead. I can't bring myself to throw them away. :^: Oh well, they match the rest of the house, right now, anyway. :D
So glad the surgery for the brain tumor went well. May encourage you to know. My step/dad had the same surgery 1 1/2 yrs ago....no problems. Still clear.

Hello Doitforme........Been reading your posts, & enjoying. WOW! I wanna go to your house to eat! :lol:
I agree with you & all about the movie. DH & I are ready to go see it soon as we can! You know there is a lot of coverage over it....but, I think of it like this. I don't know if you all heard anything about the Alabama Judge Roy Moore who was put off the bench for refusing to remove the Ten Commandments from the courthouse. I'm sure most have....I still get emails about it. Anyway....God took a bad thing & worked it for His Glory! Look at all the coverage God's Ten Commandments got! Never has it been talked about so much in history! The same with this movie. Whatever it was made for, whatever Mel Gibson believes (he's so cute!), WHATEVER....look at all the coverage our Lord is getting! Look at all the lives that are being touched! I read one place that they were afraid that the movie was trying to be used to bring people to Christ in the same way Billy Graham's crusades did. I SURE HOPE SO!!!!! Billy Graham went to see the movie!

Well, gotta get off of here, & think of something to do. Surely there's other things for me to do. :lol: Hope you all have a good day. Hope this post goes through!

P.S. GUESS WHAT!!!!!!!! MY PHONE JUST RUNG....I'VE GOT 2 TICKETS TO THE MOVE!!!!!!! WE GO SUNDAY EVENING!!!!!!!! CAN YOU TELL I'M EXCITED?????!!!!!!!! http://www.byhislove.com/pages/images/anicross.gif

wilma12
02-27-2004, 08:53 AM
I trust everyone is having a great start to their day. I certainly have. I've had my Curves workout and am having a bowl of Optimum as we speak. I weighed in for my challenge yesterday and weighed 173. We'll see where I am in a month. I'm looking forward to it. I appreciate the support I get from all of you and want you to know that I NEED IT. Thanks!

Today will be our busiest day at work. End of RRSP season and everyone leaves it until the last day. Please pray I survive.

Have a wonderful day!

SunnyD57
02-27-2004, 08:55 AM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/13/13_10_3.gif "HAPPY 50TH BIRTHDAY, EZMONEY!!"

:hb: :goodvibes: :hb: :goodvibes: :hb:

Now Gary, Did you think that I was just gonna let this Special Birthday slip by?!?
NO WAY!

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/13/13_10_7.gif
Here's a LINK to a Special Birthday Card for a very Special Guy!

http://www.jacquielawson.com/viewcard.asp?code=6736707137

:balloons: I hope you have a Wonderful Day!! :balloons:

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

doitforme
02-27-2004, 10:24 AM
I am doing good lost 2lbs this week, slow but steady!HAPPY BIRTHDAY E.Z. !SO HAPPY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR VICAR'S DAD ! Keep us posted, on his recovery. My pastor's MRI (3-month off all treatment) came back neg. I am just praiseing the Lord He is a walking miracle. I know $138 isn't bad but when you consider I usually eat for free at work, and don't buy groceries. It made me relize what a great perk that is. Don't forget to pack your muscles to carry all our luggage and sammi's pillow. Hee Hee, you won't need to work out for a while after that.
Angel- I agree this movie has the potential to spread the gospel, by just perking curiosity. So happy you finally got it to post. Mitchy hope your soon feeling better, it has been a rough winter for you. Hi to sunny, wilma, eeyore, sprout and all the rest. I hope to see the movie sat. with my family. Going home for the weekend, I got teen nursing home ministry this weekend and junior church so busy weekend anyway. Your in my thoughts and prayers. catch ya next week.

Mitchypoo
02-27-2004, 10:34 AM
Happy 50th Birthday Gary!!!! :balloons: Woo hoo! Hope you enjoy your day! Tell me how the cake was, k? ;) And thanks for the ticket but i'm happily going by myself tonight and i'll know some people there from church. From what i've heard, maybe it's better i go alone too. Sounds very emotional. Sunny, what did you think?

Angel~wow, what a sweetie you are. Your words touched me like I was talking to my dear sweet mother. Thank you. I'm okay that shyguy didn't go, it's a personal thing. And you are right, i'm giving Les another chance after talking to him about it. We both have past hurts that we let our defenses come up and we have things to work on, but we both agree our life is better with eachother in it. I have an emotional connection with him I haven't felt since my last serious relationship. I can't just give up on it, although I am being cautious. He knows now that it's his actions, not his words that I care about. His actions are saying good things. But i'm still maybe going to continue dating also until I see what happens with us.....so my point is, i'm giving him a chance, but i'm not stopping my life for him either.

SunnyD57
02-27-2004, 11:18 AM
http://www.thepassionofthechrist.com/images/passionhome.jpg

"The Passion of The Christ"

I will begin by saying the film is "beyond words"... there wasn't a dry eye in the theatre and just silence at the end, no one moved from their seats for the longest time - a very good silence, almost as if we were all in "awe" of what we just experienced! I don't want to spoil the film for those of you that haven't seen it yet, but I will tell you that you will feel as if you were on the journey with Jesus in the last 12 hours of his life! I love the fact that Mel Gibson did "flash backs" all through the film... just awesome! The film begins in the 'Garden of Gethsemane' and goes through to his 'Resurrection'... it's a very sad, wonderful, inspiring, renewing, awesome and passionate experience!

If you know the Lord... you will feel like you know him better
& want to know him more.
If you don't know him... I think this film will make you feel
like you WILL want to know him.

**A special note** I think that because the film is so very graphic in depicting the suffering of our Lord, (it did happen to him) it's very important to inform children that you bring to the film what they are about to see & prepare them a bit & that you are there for them during and afterwards. The demons, in the film, are very frightening to see and very visual! Personally, I feel that if you are thinking of bringing a child with you - it may be a thought for you to see it first; then you will know whether your child can handle it. From the arrest in the garden Christ is beaten, abused & tempted...

There was so much I loved in the film & would love to share with you, but do not want to spoil it for anyone who has not seen the film yet and will... once you all have seen it - we can talk about it and share what we experienced, okay.

Jesus must love us so much to have gone through such intense pain & suffering for 'our' salvation! I am so very grateful to my Lord... for without him and his sacrifice I would have nothing
to HOPE for.

"May God Fill your Days with His Blessings"

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

eeyore68
02-27-2004, 12:02 PM
So we have a birthday boy in the house? HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! When my dad turned 50 we tried to give him the routine hard time and he was such a spoilsport cuz he already felt "over the hill". *LOL* I'm starting to think that whoever had their best years by their 20's or 30's may be missing the best years yet to come. I'm 35 and just now starting to really experience what God has for me. I was too young and naive to truly appreciate things the same way before. Hallelujah all the good stuff is just beginning!! I do hope you have a joyous day as God starts you off on your new best age ever!

sunny - Thanks for the review on the movie. I agree about parents previewing the movie before deciding whether or not kids should go. Each kid is different and there have been many warnings about just how graphic everything really is. Not that I mind the un-sugar coated version of what Christ went through, but if it causes nightmares instead of illumination the point will be missed. I've heard of adults that weren't able to handle it. I'm just thinking, if it's that poignant in the movie, can you imagine having been there that day?? Wow!!

mitchy - I think it's great you're willing to go whether you have a "date" or not! When I was single I was so self-conscious that I'd hardly do anything alone that I didn't have to. And for a movie like this, it'd be a shame to miss it based soley on having someone to go with.

wilma - what is RRSP? and you know, anyone that deals with deadlines can surely empathize that you're not alone when it comes to everyone waiting till the last minute!

I'm working on getting used to drawing in the animation program today. It's definitely different from just drawing graphics or using Corel. Just when I think I'm getting the hang of things, I end up having to redraw. Praise God that we even have this program or it would be a lot more work. He's been good to give me wisdom in finding my mistakes early so I haven't had that hard a time re-starting.

Hope you are all basking in the SONshine today!

But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
1 Corinthians 2:9-12 KJV

sami
02-27-2004, 06:06 PM
Hello I am on the run but I just had to stop in and say HAPPY BIRTHDAY EZ! Wow you are 25 yrs older than me! LOL

My DD got her science project done I am not sure yet what her grade was. This kid is killing me with her poky nature! My DH and His Mother and Step-Father are going to the see the Passion Sat. I can't wait to see Step-Father reaction because he is not a Christian. Good Guy and his son and DIL that he is the closest to are very active in the church. Pray that the Lord will work in his heart. EEyore thanks for the passage it just what I needed. Mitchy I hope you have a great time. EEyore's passage is so true the Lord has great things in store for you. Angel lover I had to laugh I also have dead flowers waiting to be tossed! LOL Sue I wish I only spent that much a week in food! I save alot! Got to run! Post more this weekend!

EZMONEY
02-27-2004, 06:27 PM
Thank You All So Much For The Birthday Wishes!! I Can't Stay Today But Will Post To You All Later--angie Has The House All Decorated With ''old'' Stuff--she Stayed Home From Work To Do It--she Said Family Is Coming Over Tonight-- Will Let You All Know How It Went.

Thanking The Lord For 50 Years--wow!!

wilma12
02-27-2004, 10:22 PM
Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! :hb: :cb: :joker: :cp: :gift: Gary, You're born the same year as my DH so it was a great year. Of course, mine married someone much younger. :lol: I hope your day has been a great one. God's richest blessings to you.

eeyore: RRSP is for Registered Retirement Savings Plan and the deadline for getting the tax benefits for the last year is on March 1st. Today was busy but not at all what I expected. I do know more than I did last year so that probably made a difference.

Gotta go. Just wanted to wish our birthday guy best wishes!!

SunnyD57
02-28-2004, 06:45 AM
Morning Everyone! :wave:

Brief post...

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/13/13_10_2.gif
I wanted to remind GARY to check back a page so he gets ~ALL~ his birthday wishes and I hope that you had a great time at your party GARY!!
I bet that ANGIE did good by you - she is a sweetheart.
Come back and fill us all in :)

Hi ANGEL!!! :D So good to see you posting again!
I'll be back on Monday (if not sooner - if I can) to post to everyone.

Later guys!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Mitchypoo
02-28-2004, 10:12 AM
Can't wait to hear about Gary's get-together and how the cake was! ;)

I saw The Passion last night and I thought it was a very emotional experience. I can't stop thinking about it, little parts of it. It was so emotional, gripping, beautiful, scary. I don't think i can truly describe it, but i've never had a movie touch me like that. I'm glad I was by myself. Think shyguy did me a favor re: that after all.

At work, have to get busy. Will be here most of the day, but I have my Valentine date with Charlie tonight. I wish i was more excited about it, just not. He didn't call since last Sat. so he doesn't even know what kind of difficult week i had........

Hope you all have a good weekend, i'll try to check in before i leave today.

eeyore68
02-28-2004, 01:20 PM
yes, gary do tell all about how you and your family celebrated your special day. My MIL always says the mom should get recognized for doing the birthing! Just one more greeting for the card companies to take our $ for! :lol:

wilma: ahhh... sorta like April 15 around here! :dizzy: Praise God you had a better time of it this go-round!

mitchy: so glad to hear that you enjoyed the movie on your own! God had His reasons for allowing you to have that moment to yourself. Just keep Christ the central focus in all these relationships and He will be faithful to lead you to the one who ultimately is right for you. He loves you and wouldn't give you anything less!!

to all: have a splendid day and enjoy all that God's given you for the grass withers and the flowers fade but God and His Word endure forever!!

At that time Jesus said, "I praise You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from {the} wise and intelligent and have revealed them to infants. "Yes, Father, for this way was well-pleasing in Your sight. "All things have been handed over to Me by My Father; and no one knows the Son except the Father; nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and anyone to whom the Son wills to reveal {Him.} "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. "Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light." /Matthew 11:25-30/

Angel-lover
02-28-2004, 02:08 PM
http://www.harrythecat.com/graphics/b/bday1.gifhttp://www.harrythecat.com/graphics/b/bday3.gifGARY!!!!Hope you have a great day!!

The weather is absolutely beautiful!! Makes me want spring so badly. Maybe soon.

Mitchypoo...I'm glad you're giving Les another chance! You'd always wonder....you know?!

Sami...I picked up the flowers to throw out this morning. Then put them back down. :lol:

Hello to Wilma, EEYORE, & everyone. Have a great weekend!

SunnyD... I'm going tomorrow to see the movie. I got all excited at first. Then realized it would be sad & got a little depressed at having to watch that part. But, you know, I think EVERYONE should have to watch that part! Of course, I agree about monitoring the children with it. I'm trying to get tickets for my son & his wife. I'm hoping it will touch their lives. They're in need of prayer!!!! http://mrmom.amaonline.com/images/gif/hello6.gif

eeyore68
02-28-2004, 02:39 PM
we're having nice weather, too but the farmer's almanac and past history indicate that it's too soon to get too excited! :) c'est la vie, it IS New England and it's still winter - God's in control!!

angel.. you're cute with your flowers - have you thought about pressing them so you can save them? I still have dried flowers in my senior yearbook!

I totally agree that we can use an un-sugar-coated account of what Christ went through so that we can not only better understand what we ourselves have done to Him by our own sin, but also to better appreciate the glorious rising from the death and destruction to public victory over the grave and sin and ****. HALLELUJAH!!!

eeyore68
02-29-2004, 08:54 AM
Good morning! I hope you are well this fine SONny morning!! May you be blessed with His peace and washed in fresh encouragement all day!! HALLELUJAH!!

Just thought I'd share some links with you from passion-movie.com...

Saw the movie and want to post your comments?
http://www.passion-movie.com/english/comments.html

Send Mel a note of encouragement:
http://www.passion-movie.com/english/thanks_MEL.html

posters, post cards and door hangers:
http://www.passion-movie.com/english/store2.html

soundtrack:
http://www.passion-movie.com/promote/soundtrack.html

Adios, all!! Have a wonderful day! :)

GOD'S DAILY PROMISE
"At daybreak he called together all of his disciples and chose twelve of them to be apostles." /Luke 6:13 NLT/

About this week's promise...

Jesus was surrounded by disciples (followers), from whom he chose 12 to be his regular companions. We see no evidence in Scripture that Jesus chose these people on the basis of any extraordinary talents or assets. The only notable characteristic they all shared was their willingness to follow Jesus. Being a disciple is simply a matter of following Jesus with a willing heart.

EZMONEY
02-29-2004, 05:49 PM
Have to be fast-- been busy with church, picking Ron up from a youth camp and BRINGING RYLEE HOME :) :) She is sooo cute :sssh: :yes: :sssh: :nono: Don't tell Angie--I still have on my mean face :lol:

Thanks again all of you for the birthday wishes-- I was overwhelmed from not only you gals but my family and friends! I don't deserve your kindness! Angie had a surprise party for me -AND IT WAS- with family and a few friends. I don't really like a lot of company so this was just right--my friends are just as tired as me when they get home from work, so a party is the last thing we want to do. Angie knew just who to have over. She had a ton of decorations (she stayed home from work!) and Togo's sandwiches, potatoe salad and relish trays fruit and veggie, and chips and drinks. Angel food cake- PLAIN --my favorite!! People brought presents too-- NOT NECESSARY!!

Have been playing with Rylee for a couple of hours and now she is sleeping! on a stairstep--of course Angie bought her a bed she doesn't want anything to do with--just now anyway. The girls haven't seen her yet, my daughter is at school with a ton of homework- she has had tennis matches almost every day this week and Saturday-- she played in Santa Barbara yesterday at a christian college-- she was going to see the Passion with us today but with so much homework and coming up to see her daddy on his 50th B-day has really cut into her time- she was going to come see Rylee for an hour but I talked her out of it-- I will send you all pictures. My step-d is off in the mountains with her dad skiing-- I called my son at work and told him she was here--he said " I'll be staying at mom's from now on" :lol: Although she would love to have him I don't think she has a bed for him anymore since he hasn't stayed there for 5 years. I guess he will have to get used to her just like me! Besides that I don't think he can live any place cheaper for room and board--$10 a week!

Well we are off to see the Passion--My son saw it last night and was moved to say the least!

IN HIS PEACE- Gary

EZMONEY
02-29-2004, 10:15 PM
JUST GOT HOME FROM THE MOVIE---OUTSTANDING!! A MUST SEE FOR ALL!!
It wasn't pretty--but then it really wasn't was it?! So many people skip Good Friday and go to Easter-- you won't after seeing this movie.

Thank you LORD for men like Mel Gibson who are willing to risk their reputations working as an instrument for you.

EZMONEY
02-29-2004, 11:15 PM
Here are new pictures of Rylee. We just got her today :cp:
The first thing she did was pee on the carpet. So much for wee-wee pads!

wilma12
03-01-2004, 08:45 AM
I hope you all had a great weekend and are ready for a new week. I spent most of Sunday laying on my back. I don't know what I did but it hurts. I'm going to try to go to work today and take it easy. It feels a bit better this morning so hopefully I'll make it through the day. Watched the Oscars last night with DS who is a huge Lord of the Rings fan. Sure made him happy to see how many awards they got.

I didn't go to Curves this a.m. I think I'll try for tomorrow a.m. and just do a light workout.

Gary: Rylee is adorable. I also remember the puppy days! Have fun!

Have a great day!

SunnyD57
03-01-2004, 09:38 AM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/12/12_1_100.gif Morning gang :wave:

Hi GARY,
The puppy is absolutely adorable!!! :^: I want one :^: So glad to hear that you had such a nice birthday. And to hear what you thought of the movie... did you note the single raindrop at the crucifixion leading to the earthquake??
The tear of God! That was so awesome!!!

Hi WILMA,
You probably just needed a day of rest from all the workouts http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_5_128.gif you've been doing http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_6_218.gif !!
You deserve a day or two of rest... Keep up the wonderful job!

EEYORE,
I just love your posts with the scriptures... Thank-you!

MICHELE,
I wish I lived closer to you!!!! So I could have gone with you... Me too!! I think about the film every moment of the day now. Joe & I want to go again - we want to see it in the theatre again. It was in our paper this morning that Mel Gibson's "The Passion" has now grossed over 117.5 million dollars in the first 5 days and it's still rising!! Is that awesome or what!?! It is #1 at the box-office still!

How are you feeling today, Michele?? Any better health-wise?? How's your back?
How was your date with Charlie?!? I hope & pray it's all good.

ANGEL,
So great to see you!!!!!!! :cp: I feel like we should throw a welcome home party :lol:
What did you think of the movie, ANGEL? Intense, wasn't it!!!

Morning SAMI, SPROUT, SUE, DIVINE FAVOR, GARNET & CHRISTIAN...

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Well, I got my exercise & 64oz (sometimes more) of water in the last few days...

Thursday: Elliptical - 4.6mi in 30 min
Friday: Elliptical - 4.5mi in 31min
Saturday: Elliptical - 4.4mi in 30min
Sunday: Rested
TODAY: 4.5mi in 31min so proud of myself in that I have been consistent - which is something I really do need to work on and have been trying so hard.
Tomorrow is my Curves Workout Day :)

I have been following the Michael Thurmond's food & exercise program (he's the trainer from the extreme makeover shows) and never felt better!
I eat every 2- 3 hours. Schedule is: 6:30 / 8:30 / 10:00 / Noon / 3:00 / 6:00 / 7:00 - fresh fruit for dessert.
His site: http://www.sixweekbody.com/6wk_main.asp?sourceid=00396505257312281367

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_4_46.gif Our weather has been such a boost for the emotions!!! It has been wonderful to see the http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_4_23v.gif sunshine and feel the temps of 61* :o yesterday! Today... rain, but at least it's not snow :cp:

You all have a wonderful OP day!!!
Love you guys!!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

eeyore68
03-01-2004, 09:50 AM
:dancer: Good morning, good morning!

Cute puppy! :goodvibes

WTG on the workout, sunny and to wilma for knowing when to rest!!

I finally remembered to bring the exercise machine (gazelle knockoff) down so hubby could tighten it up... which he did... and I'm ready to get back on it.

have a wonderful day, everyone!! :D

:flow2: When I kept silent about my sin, my body wasted away through my groaning all day long. For day and night Thy hand was heavy upon me; my vitality was drained away as with the fever heat of summer. /Psalm 32:3/

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness /1 John 1:9/ :flow2:

Angel-lover
03-01-2004, 10:12 AM
Hi everyone.

Sunny...the movie was an "EXPERIENCE", to say the least! I've never been anywhere, either, where there were so many people...& leaving without saying a single word!!! Our son & daughter was waiting at their car for us afterwards. (they actually sat all the way through it) Our son thanked us, & said it was "different" from things they were used to doing. We are really concerned about them. They have 2 beautiful little girls, but their home is in a terrible mess. Keeps us on our knees. Please, help us pray for them.

I don't have time to stay long...Mondays are long for me. I did want to drop by & say hello....I appreciated the links given, also,Eeyore.

The puppy is adorable, Gary...I took more pics of Molly & Milly Saturday. Will post later.

I hope all of you have a blessed Monday! http://www.lovechristnow.com/Carry2.jpghttp://www.lovechristnow.com/Calvary.jpg

Mitchypoo
03-01-2004, 11:33 AM
Have to be quick!

Gary~OH, Rylee is so cute! Want to just squish her! How fun to have a pup! And oh so much WORK! Try to enjoy it....

Sunny! The date with Charlie was really nice. He didn't have time to plan our Valentine date so asked if we could do something more casual, dinner and a movie. I was a little peeved, i like to know what we're doing, not so good with spontaneity but said it was fine. Thought to myself, oh, i could just stay home and watch Cops and AMW, but went anyway and then.......I had a wonderful time! He really is so sweet, so good to me. Treats my like a lady, all the way. Like a princess really, always making sure i'm comfortable and ok, very considerate. We went to a nice place for dinner, had great conversation, he's interested in my life and i feel he's sincere. Then we went to see the movie Miracle, which we both enjoyed, then we went to have a martini, talked and he brought me home. At dinner he shocked me. He asked me if I'd consider going on a trip with him......He has to go for work and wanted to know if i'd go. He says, "Would you rather go to Malaysia or Australia? Or you could stay in Australia and I'll go on to Malaysia and come back for you" I'm like, "HUH?....." I don't know if it'll happen but I'd certainly have to consider a trip like that. It'd be a dream trip for me!

Les didn't call me all weekend, not sure what's up with him :roll: and i've heard from a voice from the past, not sure what'll happen with that either.

Have a busy week ahead and this weekend on Sat. is holy spirit day for Alpha, may only go half day cuz of work, and Sunday is my Birthday! Shhhhh, don't tell anyone! ;)

My back is still hurting, but nothing like it was, need to go to the chiro again i think to get adjusted. Hips are really hurting still, but i'm so much better, on the right path i think.

OK, must get to work!

Happy Monday all!

Mitchypoo
03-01-2004, 01:53 PM
Where'd everyone go? :?:

sami
03-02-2004, 07:07 AM
Hello I am having trouble sleeping my back is killing me! I also I am cutting down on my diet coke and I am having bad withdraws! I want my Diet coke back!!!!!!! I realized that was drinking 2-2liters or more per day and MAYBE that could be some of my tummy problems. but only MAYBE! I saw the movie and all I can say is Lord I am sorry that my sins put you on that cross for me. I have read the stories and thought I could vision the pain but it was so much more!
EZ-Just think you could train your new dog to be a seing eye dog!LOL ok enough of the OLD jokes! Your puppy is so cute! I quit putting the potty pads down when I realized my puppy was peeing under them! I pick up the pad and think she had been good and this big dried spot would be on the floor! Good luck potty training!
Angellover-Will keep your family in prayer! I really trust in the passage train a child in the way he should go and he will return to it. But the hard part is in His time! You are such a strong example and your children need that.
Mitchypoo-I am glad you had such a good time. Who knows where this will lead! I hope your back feels better!
Wilma-I feel your pain it is re-enrollment time for benefits and you have sign up on the comp. A lot of people still don't know how to use a comp!
eeoyre-I just love your passage I feel like your posting them just for me! After the movie I thought I really need to Pray more. I feel like I pray for others but I really don't pray for myself! I guess I hate to confess what I struggle with because it would make me have to look at myself then I would have to give up my bad habits (to much diet coke, spending to much on ebay ect....)
SunnyD-My Mom wants to go see the movie but I am not sure I can watch it again! I did a WI on Sunday and I have lost 7 lbs!!!!!! I know it is because I have been staying away from what makes me so sick! (why do I eat things I know I will be sorry for later? That no spoiled child in me that says no one will tell me what I can and can't eat!)

Well got to go. I need to take my dog to the Vet! She is getting THE surgery!

to all the MIA's come back you are missed!

wilma12
03-02-2004, 08:49 AM
It's snowing lightly here. Lovely picture if it was December. At least now we know that it won't last long. It's starting to get really messy here with the snow melting. It is nice to see grass peeking through in places.

Went back to Curves today-felt great. I must have a virus in my back because none of the machines felt like they had put a strain on it. I didn't go overboard with my workout but did the full 3 rounds.

Sami: WAY TO GO on the weight loss. Isn't our gain mostly because of things we shouldn't eat?? I know mine is.

I better get going to work. Hope you all have a great day!

eeyore68
03-02-2004, 09:14 AM
GOOD MORNING!!

sami - it's cool to see how God uses seemingly small or random things to impact others. praise GOD!! I pray that your back will be healed and you can get back to feeling normal!! I haven't seen the movie but imagine I'll feel the same way afterward, like I can't even know until till I see it. But isn't it awesome that it doesn't stop at the cross??

:cheer: Hallelujah!! :cheer:

wilma: glad to hear you're not overdoing.. :smug: we don't want you getting hurt!!

:tread: I got back on the "gazelle" machine here yesterday and it felt good to be back on after the long "break." I only did 15 min. and .44 miles but it was an exercise achievement and I am all about the baby steps :bb: and the littlest woohoos!! Thank You, God!! Looking forward to going again today, but have to take hubby to the doctor first (shocker!) - he has a burning sore throat and is sore from some twists and falls on the ice this past weekend. :(

Have a great Tuesday, everyone!!! :grouphug:
...eeyore (Michelle)

GOD'S DAILY PROMISE
God works through those who follow him

How do we know if we are following after the wrong things?

"They have wandered off the right road and followed the way of Balaam son of Beor, who loved to earn money by doing wrong." 2 Peter 2:15 NLT

If you find yourself compromising your values in order to please those who don't know God, then you are following after the wrong things.

SunnyD57
03-02-2004, 09:37 AM
http://skins.hotbar.com/skins/mailskins/img/Sun___/Sun___in_glasses_3_prv.gif Good Morning CER's...

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_5_131.gif I just got home from my Curves class --- boy does it ever feel good after I go and workout! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/18/18_2_102.gif I feel so tired till I get started. I also got in my 64oz of water and then some yesterday. That is a real problem area for me, so I really have to work at it (part of my being consistent).

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Hi EEYORE,
Thanks for the encouragement :) How are you doing these days?? Are you doing with your plan??

I just got an e-mail that you posted this morning while I was typing my post.
Congrats to you EEYORE!!!! :cp:
So happy that you began getting in your workouts again!!!! You did well to start, just do what you can because it's more then you did before ;)

I hope your hubby feels better real soon!! God Bless!! Thinking of you!

Morning MICHELE,
I never came back to CER's yesterday - was busy elsewhere ;) I am sorry you felt abandoned... I know the feeling - believe me. There has been long pauses on the threads these days. Spring is Springing and I don't know about anyone else, but now that the sun is shinning, I see allot of winter dust! :o SO have tons to do!

So happy to hear that you had a good time with Charlie! But I must say that I feel a bit cautious about you going on a trip with him (you know what that usually means, don't you?). Just do not want to see you get into a situation you cannot get out of, you know? :^: Be careful, okay. I will hold you close in prayer as to your decision.

Hi ANGEL,
I knew you would feel that way about the movie also - awesome (!) How was your day yesterday? Didn't work too hard I hope ;)

Hi SAMI,
I so know what you are saying about eating foods that make you ill!!!!!!!! I have done it more then I care to say. I am so happy for you that you lost 7lbs!!! :dance: That is wonderful! You really must try to get rid of that pop - it is the worse thing for IBS!!! All that air! That's probably why your back is hurting you so badly... (I really do feel for you!) I know that when I have an IBS attack I always, always hurt in my sides and lower back from the spasms in my small & large intestines. Try real hard to drink more water - I cannot tell you how good I have been feeling since I began drinking the water I should.

About "The Passion" - Joe & I were thinking about going to see it again at the threatre ~ we'll take your mom ;)
Feel better, SAMI!

Hi WILMA,
So good to hear that you are feeling a bit better today. Maybe you just needed some rest. I go a full 3x at Curves too - with the stretching it comes out to 45 minutes at Curves.

Did you mention snow :o ! I feel for you guys... so far we still have temps into the 50's and only have had bouts of rain. It's sunny off & on this morning - peeking through the clouds. Not bad at all. I can handle this... we need the rain for the gardens...

Speaking of rain :rain: How's it going in California GARY & GARNET?? I see you guys are getting it allot!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Well guys... I must be going and getting my day started (still have to stop at my Curves thread this morning ;) )

God's Blessings with http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/11/11_6_9.gif

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

SunnyD57
03-02-2004, 12:06 PM
Oh MICHELE,

?? I forgot to ask you something...??
What Birthday will this be for you on Sunday?
Hope you don't mind me asking... :o

I was just thinking while doing some paperwork (do that once in awhile :lol: )
Thought to myself - "she doesn't have a year on her stats" :dizzy:
Sooooooo... ... ... I just popped 'on line' real quick to ask you :smug: ;) :D
Hope you are having a good day today :)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Mitchypoo
03-02-2004, 12:48 PM
Well Sunny.....I've chosen to not have birthdays anymore so I have anniversaries of my 21st bday! So I will only be 18 tomorrow!! ;)

sprout
03-02-2004, 01:11 PM
Have not posted for a bit - lots going on here. But have just got caught up on all the posts.

Gary - happy belated birthday - gosh to be that young again!!!

Son gave us a run for the money this weeken - really did a number on us. But I have to keep remembering that he isn't into drugs, alcohol or dating (yet!). But is having a terrible time with having to obey rules such as being home on time after youth group - he is consistently late by 1/2 - 1 hour. And attitudt toward me it horrendous - anything mom says to him he has to roll his eyes at but then says that he cares. I am sure he does deep down but his actions do not match up with what he is doing. So we have to come down a bit harder on him this weekend. He also just wrote some things for an assignment he is doing on 'love' that is unnerving / scary - so we are having someone from our church who is a high school principle and also has just raised 3 teens look at what our son has written - to get his opinion if it is something we should be concerned about. It has put me into a scare mode of just what son is thinking and might do!!

Anyway on the weigh issues:
Have now walked a total of 737 miles since Jan 2 2002. Feel good about that.
Have had 15 workouts at Curves.
Have lost 6 pounds this year and in February I lost 6 inches.

So my changes are starting to show results. Small changes eventually become habits.

eeyore68
03-02-2004, 04:40 PM
sprout - don't I know it with the teen boy issue... only we have three (13, 14 and 15) giving us fits all at once everything from dabbling in the dark side to being too close to abusing the wrong authority!! my heart goes out to you as a mom and sister in Christ. :^:

mitchy - what happens when you get to "21" again?? LOL :lol:

sunny - good girl on the water intake! I don't need as much, but still don't always pay attention to getting it in. It definitely makes a difference!

update on hubby: no signs of strep or flu, blood taken for mono but even if it's that there's nothing to do but get lots of rest and take in plenty of fluids. of course he hasn't done either so not sure why we wasted $10 on the copay. :dizzy:

workout: 15 more minutes today and .60 miles - so short after having worked up to 45 minutes back in Dec/Jan; but still feels like an accomplishment so Praise the Lord!!! :spin:

another nice day here with a little spittle of rain, but I'm still being very cautious as some of the biggest snowstorms have hit in March in the past!! I appreciate all of it... even the mud. God knows what He's doing and we chose to follow Him here. It's all a blessing in its own way.

have a wonderful evening and see u all next time... :D

Watch over your heart with all diligence, for from it flow the springs of life. Proverbs 4:23

SunnyD57
03-02-2004, 05:03 PM
:lol: Gotcha - Cute MICHELE ;)

Now I am really confused about the date :dizzy: In your last post you stated your birthday is tomorrow, but your profile states that it's on March 7th which is Sunday - so which is it kiddo? :lol:

Age setting in on you already???? :lol:

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Mitchypoo
03-02-2004, 05:41 PM
Must be old age Sunny! It's this Sunday, the 7th!

SunnyD57
03-02-2004, 05:48 PM
You are so adorable MICHELE! :lol:

I just popped in to see if you responded, sitting here with my hair wrapped in a towel after a wonderfully warm shower... Joe will be home soon with chilli from Wendy's for dinner (he's cooking tonight ;) ) and then we are heading out to go shopping @ Costco's.

So I will check back again later this evening.
Take Care! {{{Hugs}}}
D.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

sami
03-02-2004, 07:24 PM
Mitchy your a girl after my own heart. I have stayed 25 now that I have a DD about my age! LOL My family gives me two cakes one that says happy 25th and the other says the lost years! I hope you have a happy Birthday! (just in case I don't tell you on your Birthday because I will be out of town)
I also agree with Sunny on the trip thing. I think that is strange that he would not call or come around and now wants to take you on a trip? As a friend I would advise you not to go.

Sprout-I am really worried about your son. I woke up this morning and watched John Walsh show and they were taking about teen who were cutting and tried to kill themselfs. But the one thing they said and other teens said is to take what your child says or acts out as serious! Kids now days have a lot of anger and pain. Why I don't know. I went through a lot when I was a teen so I guess I do understand some of thier sadness. If you need a friend we are here for you.

SunnyD-I have been having it tough! My head pounded so hard this morning until I drank a diet coke. And of course I have been having lower pain all day. I guess you can't go from that much Coke to two without withdraws! And I know your right. I have been drinking water and I can tell it is flushing out my kidneys ( I was up 3 times last night ) That is what opened my eyes my kidneys were hurting again and when I thought about it I realized how much Coke I was intaking.

Ez-How did the puppy do today? Mine was spayed today. I feel so bad for her. When I walked into the Vet the Dr. took her right away she was talking to her telling her how cute she was. (and I thought you won't like her) They are keeping her overnight and I have missed her all day. I am picking her up right away Wensday and I feel so bad because we are going out of town thursday and I hate to leave her.

eeyore-Wow your kids are close! I will keep them in my prayers I know it is a big thing to walk on the dark side now. I have seen a group of kids around here who did the whole dressed up in black. I have worked with some of these kids and they just trying to standout.

I got to go. I got a phone call! Prayers are with you!

Mitchypoo
03-03-2004, 10:22 AM
Oh Sami~the best part of how you celebrate your birthday is that you get 2 cakes! Cool! Think that is a great idea! Actually, I don't even eat cake usually for my birthday cuz my parents aren't here, and why have a cake for me? But maybe i'll treat myself to a piece of cake or pie..........

eeyore68
03-03-2004, 10:53 AM
sami - thanks for the prayers; I thank God for every day He allows these kids another breath, another opportunity to turn from their ways and truly give their lives over to HIS control!!

still very wet and muddy here :p mainly from the remaining snow melting slowly away but it's not all dark and gray, just peaceful.. :cloud9: it's been nice not having to run so much wood through the woodstove (our main heating source)

hubby got some good rest finally last night, now I'm feeling a little "swirly" :faint: in my tummy so not sure if I'll get to do my workout today - will just see how it goes as I'm not anxious to stop so soon after restarting :dunno: now definitely to watch that water intake as sunny always says! :D

hope you are all having a wonderful day and enjoying the Lord's blessings in your lives.. praising Him with you... cheering you on!! :encore:

*eeyore*

Israel shall be saved in the Lord, with an everlasting salvation:
ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded; world without end.
Isaiah 45:17 KJV

The way of life is above to the wise,
that he may depart from **** beneath.
Proverbs 15:24 KJV

eeyore68
03-03-2004, 11:12 AM
...maybe i'll treat myself to a piece of cake or pie..........

not sure what health program you follow or what you like, but thought I'd share a few links with your pallet :smug:

FLUFFY GRASSHOPPER PIE with lowfat/low sugar options
http://baking.about.com/library/recipes/bljello4.htm

TOASTED PECAN CHOCOLATE SWIRL CHEESECAKE (LOW CARB)
http://www.cookingcache.com/lowcarb/toastedpecanchocolateswirlcheesecakelowcarb.shtml

ALMOND POUND CAKE (LOW CARB)
http://www.cookingcache.com/lowcarb/almondpoundcakelowcarb.shtml

Mitchypoo
03-03-2004, 01:39 PM
Eeyore~thank you! Very sweet of you. They all sound good.

Re: Charlie, I realize how it sounded to some of you but in his defense, it's not that weird for him to ask. We have dated more than a couple times and although I felt he wasn't calling and being attentive, he was super busy with work. I don't totally relate to it, cuz I'm not doing multi-M deals, internationally. Or doing presentations for the Board of a major company, but I believe he was sincerely, just busy. It came up, about how i hadn't heard from him since that Sat. when I had the flu, and he was so sorry, kept asking if i was sure, cuz he could have sworn he called to check up on me. He apologized and said he didn't mean to be neglectful although he knew he was.

And i know that I don't know him well enough to go anywhere with him...don't worry. I'm not stupid, i'll try to make good decisions. ;) But it's fun to think about anyway.

EZMONEY
03-03-2004, 07:39 PM
HI GALS- Sorry I have not been here for a few days-- working out of town and then going to daughter's tennis matches at night--- tonight we have a big Lutheran High School from Indiana (I think) singing at church after Lenten service-- we are bringing 2 girls home to spend the night and returning them tomorrow-- My daughter is in Georgia for tennis team--spring break-- matches and fun-- flying out Thursday--PRAYERS requested for a safe trip please-- should be able to post soon..AHHH maybe after this week-end-- going out of town for step-d soccer tournament--close to Angie's family so we should see them-BUT FAR FROM RYLEE!!!!!!! BOY DO I HAVE PUPPY STORIES!!--LOL-- no time today--LOVE ALL OF YOU--gotta go

EZMONEY
03-03-2004, 07:40 PM
Michele!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!we Gotta Talk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!no Trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Angel-lover
03-03-2004, 08:38 PM
Hi everybody,
I'm so sorry for not posting more. I'm really going through some rough times, though. Our son & DIL are really doing a number on each other, as well as us. I just don't know how much more I can take of this. I/we love him very much...but, it's hard to help him. He's into drugs, & so is she. The two little girls are in the middle of some of the worse fighting I've ever heard of. He calls us all during the night....so paranoid! He & the girls stayed here last night. Then SHE called during the night! I'm like a zombie walking around hoping to get a little mental & physical rest. I stay very stressed. A few years ago, my nephew was beat to death by a so-called "friend". So, I know the fear of this happening. DIL has a brother & cousins that stay after our son...& he just doesn't have a lick of sense any more! It would be so much easier to help him, if he would stay off the drugs, though. I'll post when I can. But, a lot of the time, these days, I have my hands full....literally! Please keep them in your prayers.

Michelle....You've made some good judgements in the past. I know you'll decide the right thing about this trip. You know in your heart what you should (and shouldn't) do. I have faith in you, that you'll do the right thing.

Sprout....I'm praying about your son's situation. He sounds a lot like our son was, as a teen. Please, don't get me wrong. Our son wasn't & isn't bad. He HAS made some bad choices in his life, though. He's really paying for them, now. I don't know what we could have done differently...but, wish we had the chance to go back, & try. You still have that chance. I know it's very tiring, mentally & physically. I don't want you to go through what we are, later, though. It doesn't have to be drugs, it could be other things. I'm praying hard for your family

Hi Sunny...sounds like you're really hanging in there with your diet & exercise! Oh, I thought of you the other night. We go to eat sometimes where there's an imporium...lots of antiques. Oh....such nice things that you're collecting for your house!

Hello Eeyore, Gary, Wilma, Sami....everyone....take care. http://www.byhislove.com/pages/images/StarAngel.gif

sprout
03-03-2004, 11:39 PM
This tip comes from Dr. Phil's web site.

Calcium Intake and Weight Loss

By JJ Virgin, CNS, CHFI

One of the trainers from Dr. Phil's Weight Loss Challenge recently contacted me regarding the current research on calcium intake and weight loss. If you are interested, on www.pubmed.com, there is an excellent study by Michael Zemel: "Regulation of Adiposity by Dietary Calcium": June 2000.

For those of you who are not as enthralled about reviewing scientific literature, I will summarize the study in layman's terms below. At the end, I will add a "take-away," which is what this research means to you and what you should do about it. If you are really not into science, you can skip directly to that!

The summary:

Increasing dietary calcium in obese patients for one year resulted in a 4.9 kg loss of body fat. Dietary calcium appears to modulate the efficiency of energy utilization — low calcium diets favor increased energy storage (i.e. you store more calories as fat) and high calcium diets reduce energy efficiency and favor increased energy thermogenesis ( i.e. you burn more calories and have a better basal metabolic rate). In the study, the rats fed the higher calcium diets had a higher core temperature, confirming this rise in basal metabolic rate. The major obesity study, NHANES III, found these same results — that the participants with the highest intake of calcium had the lowest percentage of risk of obesity.

The suggested science behind this is that low calcium diets stimulate the increase in a hormone called calcitrol, which increases intracellular storage of calcium in fat cells. This process decreases lipolysis (the use of fat for energy). Conversely, high calcium diets lower calcitrol release and increase lipolysis.

The take away:

You should strive to get your primary calcium intake from your diet and then use supplements to bring it up to ideal amounts. Calcium is a mineral, which means it is a rock, so the form you get it in can significantly impact the amount you can actually absorb — this can vary from 5 to 40 percent in absorption. You don't have to overload with supplemental calcium though, since you will be getting a good amount in your diet. You will need 500 to 1000 mg a day as a supplemental amount.

The other thing that you should do is include fruits, vegetables and green drinks with your dairy servings, as these are alkalinizing and reduce the acid load from the dairy. When your body is hit with an acid load, it has to draw calcium from the bones to buffer the Ph back up to normal. You will see that all of the meals and snacks I have designed include low fat sources of dairy like yogurt, cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, goat cheese and string cheese combined with fruit or veggies for that reason.

For more information:
www.designsforhealth.com
www.albionlabs.com

wilma12
03-04-2004, 08:50 AM
Not much is happening around here. Today is my long day at work and then I look forward to watching Survivor and CSI tonight. What a life!! I feel like I am getting my eating under control again. Planning more healthy dinners and am still packing that salad every day for work.

Sprout: Thanks for the info. I appreciate the tips. I used to eat or drink too much calcium and ended up having my gallbladder removed because of calcium stones. I have cut back a bit but still have to have my milk eachday.

Angel: I am so sorry that you're going through this with your son. I'm praying that he sees what he's doing and also for strength for you and your DH. HUGS

Gary: We miss you! I think that what you're really doing is spending quality time with Rylee and don't have time to come here. :lol: Just kidding!! Those puppies are so cute- messy but cute. Come back and tell us some of those stories.

Hi to Sami, Eyore, Michele and anyone else I missed. Have a great day!

doitforme
03-04-2004, 09:18 AM
Sorry I been gone so long, but when I got home from my parents on Monday I was catching up reading, getting ready to post and I had a staff call in her bil had an an-your- ism (don't know how it is spelled) blow in his head and there was no hope. He passed away that Monday. So, I had to go to work to find coverage. I been working since then and busy kids club on weds. night ect. bowling this morning. But still surviving. I got to see the passion sat with my parents and niece and nephew. (16-13) both kids are saved and baptised and go to christian school. They understood what was going on. It does make you relize some of what he went through for us, because it is suppose to be even worse than what was pictured. I feel for mel, as he has had to put up with alot from hollywood. Byt he has said he plans on making some more biblical films. If the passion is a basis for this these should be awesome.
I got great news over the weekend my sister who is 37 wants to have another baby, but was always very sick during her pregnancys so her husband who has 3 adopted brothers/sisters said he would prefer they adopt are qualified for a 6- month to 18 month baby from China so I might be going to China. I am so excited. This should be cool. Well gotta run, check in tom. hopefully God bless all! Sue

SunnyD57
03-04-2004, 12:11 PM
http://www.ecardgallery.com/egreetings/friendship/flwrsnsprng08/1.gif Good Afternoon Everyone!
Busy, Busy, Busy here yesterday - nice to see :cp:

I just finished my workout for today:
Today is Elliptical Day ~
I went for 35min. (I did a 5 min. jump, so now I will go 35min instead of 30min) 5.40miles & 64oz of water + :cheer:
I wonder what I will be able to do when I begin my walks outside :o I am hoping to walk to my Curves over the summer (it's a bit over 2miles in all).
I feel GREAT! I get so very tired at night and was "in bed" by 9:00 last night. Dragggggging myself around to finish up with clean ups and feeding the boys before bed. It was all I had to get it all done. But I feel wonderful today :D

*~*~*~*

SAMI,
I bet!! Doesn't diet coke also have caffeine? So it's makes all the sense in the world that you would go through withdrawals!! All you can do it just try to decrease as time passes and try to get in more water for those kidneys of yours! I am thinking of you... hope that your back is better and you no longer feel those headaches. I would like everyone to feel as great as I do right now.

EEYORE,
Thanks for the recipes :cp: Even though you posted them for MICHELE I am going to try them out too (after Lent ;) ) Hope your hubby is feeling better today.

GARY,
I agree with WILMA - WE MISS YOU!!!!!
Cannot wait (!) to hear your puppy stories!!! Joe & I had a German Shepherd puppy very briefly while we were overseas just after we married - her name was 'PUDDLES' :lol: Appropriate... all she did was leave puddles all over the house! We had to give her to a friend, she couldn't come to the U.S. :( that was so hard for me to do! But the friend needed her more then we did. Come back soon and fill us all in!!!

ANGEL,
So far very good :) Thanks Angel! I would have LOVED to go shopping with you at that emporium!! It's so cool to think that you thought of me ;) How sweet!

I will hold your DS & DIL & those KIDS(!) in my prayers, Angel... how very sad that you all have to suffer so!! (((Hugs))) :grouphug:

SPROUT,
I hope that you are doing okay... thanks for all the information you left for us. It's always great reading!

WILMA,
Hey... ... I think you have a great life ;) I am a huge Thursday Night fan!!! SURVIVOR - CSI - W/O A TRACE taped because I watch ER. So you are not alone :D

I wish you well with your diet - it's gotta be so hard when you work! I find it so much easier to plan my day because I am home. Thinking of you!!

SUE,
Always so very good to hear from you! I am so happy for you & your sister seeking children from China :cp: I have a niece that has adopted children from Russia and is so very happy with her life and her children! That is awesome! Prayers!!! I am so excited for you all! Keep us posted.

Also glad that you were able to help out that person - how sad! Once I worked for a Jazzercise Instr. who was a mom of 4 young children that died from an aneurysm... so very devastating - no warnings at all... just gone!

So you saw THE PASSION too - super film, huh!! I too feel for MEL He is really being cut apart these days! His film has now grossed OVER $125 MILLION!!! Now is that :cool: or what!

How's the bowling?? Do well? My folks use to bowl all the time and so did I as a child, but haven't much at all as an adult - I should give it another go :) It was fun!

Hey there MICHELE,
That Birthday of yours is getting closer :o
You doing anything special for you birthday???

*~*

Well, guys... I really must be going. I am meeting my girlfriend for lunch and grocery shopping at 1:30 and still have to take my shower.

Take Care everyone and have a Wonderful Day today!!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

SunnyD57
03-04-2004, 12:17 PM
PS>
Where's GARNET these days???
Miss you Garnet - if you are lurking about come in and post. Don't worry about responding to each of us, you don't have to ;)
Blessings!

SunnyD57
03-04-2004, 12:38 PM
I was just watching the news while getting ready to go and they stated that Mel Gibsons "The Passion of The Christ" has grossed over
$135 MILLION in the first week!

Now that is awesome!!
Later guys :)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

sprout
03-04-2004, 01:46 PM
March 4

Psalm 50:15
And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.

Jim's watch alarm beeped as the clock struck four. It sounded every hour and every half hour. I turned to him and asked him what he had set so many alarms for. 'I'm on a diet. Every time my watch goes off, I take a moment to say a prayer to God. It may sound crazy, but it has made this the easiest diet I've ever tried. It calms me down and gets my mind off food for awhile. I feel like I've got a partner, and you know, it's always easier to do something when you don't have to do it alone.'
Today's thought: I can be brave during the tough times, because God is with me!

Mitchypoo
03-04-2004, 02:06 PM
Marilyn~thank you for that! I needed to hear it!

EZMONEY
03-04-2004, 08:59 PM

I have a minute or two before dinner. It has been a while since I had some FREE time-- actually my son is a little bummed I didn't go to his soccer game tonight but I am just too PUPPIED out :lol: I have had alot of tennis matches to see after work-- and they are long!! plus the last one was 3 hours from home-- I left at 4:30 am and got home from work and my daughter's match at 9pm--Last night we had dinner at church then a concert put on by a high school choir here from Fort Wayne Indiana-- they were very good- brought home two sweet girls for the evening-- they watched American Idol with us- we had a great time.

RYLEE STORIES: I really enjoy this puppy :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Especially since I am the one getting up with her in the night! Don't know where in the heck my dear (I will get up with her) wife is...OH yes I do--sound asleep (actually she isn't she is FAKING) :lol: Been up several times with Rylee the first few days... last night we had her sleep in our room because the girls from Indiana only had 1 hour of sleep the night before (major delay at the airport for them).. Now Rylee doesn't whine when she doesn't get her way...OH NO!! She screams-AND I MEAN SCREAMS One of the little gals here said she sounds like a dinosaur :lol: Last night we got some sleep though cause she just slept under our bed for most of the night..Thank you Rylee! My daughter hadn't seen her yet with school so she and her boyfriend and a couple of other kids came up to see her after school and tennis practice, before they flew to Georgia today, what did Rylee do? she just slept the entire hour the kids were here. A wasted 2 hours on the freeway for them :lol: I will say she HITS the paper MOST of the time with her puddles--- the others I HIT with my socks :lol: So much for new carpet. I will get Angie to take some more pictures of her to show off... don't tell anyone but I rushed home from work early today to play with her :sssh: before anyone else came home.

WILMA ME TOO for Survivor and CSI-- but you already knew that! Great job on the dinners and salads for work! Remember for you it is all in the PLANNING!!

SUNNYD WOW you are doing great on the exercise-- you will be so fit by the end of summer.. how about a puppy to keep those boys occupied? Angie will be watching ER right with you..me..I usually see the first few minutes then I am OUT.. what do you think about them starting it a minute early? or have you noticed. Miss visiting with you.. will try to find more time next week, I will be working a lot closer to home.

SAMI I love the two cake idea!! I get headaches too when I try to cut back on coffee-- I usually just have my regular morning amount--A LOT- then I am fine the rest of the day with decaf. How is your spayed pup doing?

SUE Didn't you just love the Passion? You such a dear person! Always there to help. How exciting about the adoption and China trip-- I hope you do get to go!!

ANGEL I will pray for yopur son and dil-- my brothers were very into drugs years ago for quite some time.. they both went through the Savation Army-- A VERY GREAT PROGRAM!! The grand kids.. thank God they have you and your husband.

MICHELE I didn't mean to step on your toes about the trip-- I just think (from here anyway) it doesn't sound good-- but then I am a long way from you--I trust you!! and your judgement. I am going to tell you HAPPY BIRTHDAY now because I will be gone all week-end :love: :hb: :bravo: :cp: :hat: :dance: :dancer: :goodvibes :twirly: :yes:

SPROUT Prayers for you and your son dear! How you keep on track with your walking and Dr. Phil updates is quite a testimony to you!! You must be a wonderful mom-- I hope your daughter can see this when all the time seems to be with the boy sometimes-- sure she does!

EEYORE Hope your husband is feeling better.Glad to see you are back on track with your work-outs-- It will get a lot easier in no time.

Well Angie is calling me... RYLEE must need something :lol:

IN HIS CARE- Gary

doitforme
03-05-2004, 08:34 AM
Sorry I didn't post any individuals yesterday, but there was a knock on the door, neighbor ready to go to bowling so had to close quickly.
Sami- sorry to hear your not feeling well, diet coke is very addicting, I know people who drink it as is it were coffee. Pray you'll feel better soon.
Wilma- I love CSI (although the lead person is suppose to leave the show) and w/o a trace. Use to watch survivor but thought they should have made richard wear clothes especially when it was in primetime. He is a piece of work, and they love it.
Sprout- prayers for you and your family and situation with your son, kids have so many influences today our world no longer believes in discipline or right and wrong. Check out the mayors performing gay marriages, hello there illegal. They made judge moore step down when he refused to remove the 10 commandments as well they should because of not obeying. (It is not in conflict with God's law if they are not displayed, just if they are not adherred to and followed. But different story when it forfills their agenda. Getting gay marriages approved. Anarchy will be the norm soon, just give it time.
Angel- Prayers for your ds and dil and those kids, its sad, what a life for those poor kids. Its good that you are involved to give them love and support.
E.Z.- Thanks you are a sweetie! So glad to hear your enjoying the puppy. That is when they are so cute, they can do no wrong! Ha Ha
Mitchy - Happy Birthday early, prayers you make the right decision and things work out well for ya. Sunny- WOW so that is how ya spell it a-n-e-u-r-i-s-m. Ha Ha Ha It was sad He was only 54 and had no life insurance so his wife will have to pay the mortgage ect. somehow. The kids are all grown and on there own. I bowled crappy but thanks for asking. Still fun, I bowl with a group from work there are 12 teams, so always fun visiting anyway. Hi garnet- we miss you! Hi to all others I missed. Well gotta run to a meeting will be gone all weekend working and church ect. Maybe get a second to pop in, but wish mitchy a good b-day and all a great weekend.

SunnyD57
03-05-2004, 10:08 AM
http://www.ecardgallery.com/egreetings/friendship/ityorturn08/1.jpg
A very Good Morning Everyone!

I just got back from my workout at Curves - whew... nice workout! I always feel so tired before going and just "DO IT" anyway and then feel GREAT when I finish! I think I have gotten over that hump :o this past Wednesday. I felt like I was going no where with all the work I have done and this morning after seeing that my body-fat went from 47% to 44% in just 10 days (!!!) :D I was elated!! I go for my official weight and measure on the 16th at Curves. So after I get it done - I will check in and let you know the results.

*~*~*

GARY,
So good to hear about your puppy RYLEE and all her antics... just too funny :lol:
Something that may help you all sleep at night... puppy's are used to other puppies around them (not to mention their mom) and it's a "shock" to her not have it anymore - she'll cry for it. A suggestion: sometimes a windup old fashion clock 'ticking' next to her or some soothing music playing with a pet bed placed next to your bed will help or get a kennel cage and place her 'in her bed' inside the cage with the clock there in your room. And every night make it a fun routine - "time for bed" and she'll look forward to going. Believe it or not they usually like their cages when they are small - the large 'open space' of a house overwhelms them - so they cry. And the cage provides security. Just thought I would try to help... Puppies really need to feel secure with their owners - more so then cats do. Dogs really do connect with you and rely on you more. That's why they travel in "packs" where cats do not.

I just think it is wonderful how attached you seem to be to her ~ may I say "I told you so" ;) I look forward to more pictures of her. I use to help people train their dogs and cats and I still go over to my SIL's to give her dogs meds when they need it. I really should have been a vet (missed my calling).

I hope you are right!!! About being fit for the summer - you don't know how much I want it for both Joe & I. We want to go to the beach more this summer and I will not go if I feel crummy about me. And we both enjoy it so much... I have missed going with Joe and life is just too short to have missed opportunities, you know.

:wave: "Hello's" to ANGIE :wave:

*~*~*

Well, I must be going... have allot of paperwork to get done with getting our taxes done. We usually have it all done and mailed by now - we are much later then normal. Hoping to get it in the mail by Monday. It's all spent anyway --- we need a new driveway :^:

Have a WONDERFUL Day / Weekend Everyone!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Mitchypoo
03-05-2004, 10:49 AM
Gary~Sunny is so right about kennel training. It is a great idea to start when they are young and they do feel more secure if they have "their" space. I learned a lot about it when I was a dog counselor at our local humane society. You can probably contact one near you and get some info about it. It saves a lot of headache down the road and really does make the dog happier. But the kennel needs to be the right size. Often, people tend to get them too big. I know it's hard with a growing pup, but the kennel should be only as big to allow the dog to go in and turn around freely. Much bigger and it kind of defeats the purpose. Something to think about at least.

sprout
03-05-2004, 02:09 PM
Thought I would put my 2 cents in here.

We have raised Shelties over the past 20 years and have made a lot of 'errors' on house training them but finally 'got it together' when told by a kennel the proper way - so the last pup we had was trained within 4 days. Was so nice.

What we did was
(a) first we bought a kennel cage for the dog - one that would be big enough for him when he completed finished his growing - so when he was a pup there was 'lots' of room in the cage.

(b) When we went to bed the puppy was first put outside (not on paper) but outside in the area that he was to use - and we would wait for him to do something. Then he would be put in his 'bed/cage' for the night. We put papers down on the bottom of the cage. Within 2 nights he did not mess in it as he did not want to sleep in the mess.

(c) When we were not able to be with him monitoring his 'bathroom habits' - say we needed to go down town we would put him in his 'bed'.

(d) When we ate or when it was his feeding time we put him into his cage. We would allow him 10 minutes to finish his food and then let him out, putting him outside immediately in order that he would get used to the fact to messing outside. This also trained him that he would only eat in his cage.

Doing this we found that withing 4 - 5 days he was trained and we didn't have paper all over the house - he would go to the door when he wanted out.

Don't know if this helps but it sure worked for us.

EZMONEY
03-05-2004, 05:38 PM
YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME...SUNNYD, MICHELE and SPROUT :lol:

4 to 5 days to kennel train- HA- RYLEE had Angie and I trained in less than 2 days :lol:

Actually I really appreciate your advice and we are going to try some of it tonight. Here is what we have done though just so you know:

1-We bought a kennel, a clock and a heating pad that stays warm for 12 hours--she just cried--er...SCREAMED for (it seemed like FOREVER) the first night...soooo we came down and took turns letting her out of the kennel and lying by her-- after all she was just taken from her mom hours before.
2-The second night same story...I needed to get SOME sleep after all getting up at 4am
3-Angie and I kept her in our room the 3rd night due to our high school guests..slept like a baby..all of us, Angie and I in bed--Rylee on her blanket or floor or under the bed, she moved around a lot but seemed happy and no crying.
4-Last night Angie thought it was time to "kennel" her- so she put the divider in her cage and put a blanket over it so she could just see out 1 foot under the front of it--after all she sleeps under the bed just fine..and it is dark under there with the frilly thing Angie has hanging down over the mattress.. BUT NO!!!! she does her dinosaur SCREAM until we give in and bring her to our room...DID I MENTION I AM WEAK? ;) and a sucker for babies, puppies and kids :lol:

OK so those are problems to work on--BUT another problem we have is this-- we bought a 2 foot high fence to go around her cage in the daytime-- that way she can play in a little area-- she CLIMBS over it!! Yesterday Ron put her in the pen and went to school--Ryan wakes up and catches her in Ron's room--Ryan figures that Ron just forgot to put her in the pen---NOPE When I got home from work she was out-- I told the family last night I bet she climbs over the fence. My brother was with me today so we put her in the cage..listened around the corner to herSCREAM and then WHAM..BUSTED..she was going over the top when we peeked! AHH..not too safe...

I am working on a new sign :lol: DOG FOR SALE--CHEAP :lol:

Off to pick up my nephew then doing a family meeting with my wife-son-and ex wife tonight on buying-MAYBE-a house from my cousin, a STARTER HOME for my son..it's ONLY $380,000 :lol: just a little track house, 30 years old--ah California the GOOD LIFE-- :lol: :nono:
Not sure if we can swing it-after all he is a year away from teaching- but something to think over..
Going out of town this week-end so if I don't get back here before I go HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICHELE :dance:

OH..1 thing I forgot..RYLEE is about 90% trained on the pee pads at least!!

wilma12
03-06-2004, 08:46 AM
I am going shopping this a.m. with friends. It's nice to be able to do something fun for a change. I still have some work to do at home but that won't take all that long.

I was fitted for my new uniform at work and WENT DOWN 1 Size!!! I was pretty excited and it gives me incentive to keep going.

Gary: You love that pup and you know it. Our dog was an outside only dog so I can't even give you advice on what to do about training her.

Sunny: I feel the same about working out as you do. I don't always want to go but am always glad I did. I am finding that I have more energy on days I work out. I need to do something more on my days off from Curves.

doitforme: I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend. So young. My prayers are with you.

Michele: :hb: :cb: :gift: :flow1: :grouphug: :balloons: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!! I wish you all the best in the next year. Hope you have a super birthday.

Well, gotta go have breakfast and get ready for my day.

Have a great one.

Mitchypoo
03-06-2004, 10:16 AM
Thank you all for the birthday wishes! It's really sweet of all of you! I am at work this a.m. and then to the Alpha Holy Spirit Day until about 6:30 then home to Cops and AMW. Tomorrow i'm going to church and my cousin is taking me to dinner or lunch, my choice. Think i want to go to the CA Pizza Kitchen! They have a great salad that I love. That is if the weather cooperates, we had about 6 inches of snow yesterday and maybe another inch by this a.m. I don't like the snow, feel like it should be spring already. I have presents at home from Mom, Dad and bro that I've been waiting to open! That'll be fun! Thank you again :grouphug:

Charlie is moving to his new townhouse, he called me Thursday and Friday he called last minute and asked me to dinner. I declined, have to much to do because of today and i don't really like doing things last minute like that.

Must start work.

Oh Gary~sounds like SO MUCH work, but SO MUCH fun! You'll think i'm crazy but i love puppy breath! They all have it, and i just love it! Have fun. Very exciting about the house for son, hope it works out for you all.

sprout
03-06-2004, 08:05 PM
Snack Attack

By JJ Virgin, CNS, CHFI

In The Ultimate Weight Solution, Dr. Phil stresses the importance of learning the discipline of three meals and two snacks to keep blood sugar stable and cravings at bay. This means you should be eating two snacks per day to ensure that you eat every three to four hours. It is important that you plan these out ahead of time so that you aren't forced to rely on willpower when you start to get hungry.

Here are some High-Response Cost, Hunger-Suppressor snack ideas that you can easily prepare:

Yogurt parfait
Nonfat plain yogurt sweetened with cinnamon and no-sugar added vanilla extract. (If you need it sweeter initially while you are weaning yourself off the sweet taste, add xylitol, a sugar alcohol that doesn't raise insulin and helps reduce the risk of tooth decay, or splenda). Add 1/2 cup of your favorite fruit. (My top choices are diced apple for crunch or frozen berries defrosted and with a little of their juice — no sugar added of course — for a great antioxidant punch!)

Celery sticks stuffed with ...
- Peanut or almond butter.*

- Light whipped cream cheese or ricotta cheese whipped with your favorite herb mix and with 1-2 chopped olives or walnuts stirred in.

Tortilla roll-ups using low carb or whole wheat tortillas
- Almond or peanut butter* whipped with light whipped cream cheese or lowfat ricotta cheese. Spread 1-2 Tbsp. on tortilla, add 1/4 cup chopped apple for some crunch.

- Cottage cheese or light whipped cream cheese, salsa, chopped red peppers and jicama.

Great portable snacks:
- 10 raw nuts and a fruit serving.

- 1 oz. lowfat or nonfat cheese (especially string cheese) and a fruit serving.

Apple slices and nut butter

Baked apple
Sprinkle with cinnamon and bake, fill with lowfat ricotta or cottage cheese and top with a Tbsp. of freshly ground flaxseed meal.

Smoothie
1 scoop whey protein powder, 1/2 cup berries, 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt or cottage cheese, 1/2 cup ice and 1/2 cup water, cinnamon and vanilla extract. Try freezing this and have as a popsicle.

Faux trail mix
1/2 cup Kashi Go Lean cereal, 1 Tbsp. dried fruit pieces (no sugar added) and 1 Tbsp. chopped nuts.

1 cup steamed edamame
(soybeans) in the shell

1 cup veggie soup

Raw veggies and dip
Use olive oil, Dijon and balsamic vinegarette or nonfat sour cream mixed with your favorite spices.

Rice cake topped with
- Nut butter and a tsp. of chopped no sugar added dried fruit

- Whipped cream cheese and salsa

*Read the labels and choose the peanut butter that doesn't contain partially hydrogenated oils or high fructose corn syrup. Almond butter is a great source of essential fatty acids.

SunnyD57
03-07-2004, 06:45 AM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/13/13_10_3.gif
Good Morning MICHYPOO/MICHELE!!!

What a GREAT DAY it is!!! It's your Birthday!!
And I want to make sure you know how very much you are loved
and wish you a very SPECIAL DAY!!
May it be filled with good http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/12/12_11_7.gif & lots of http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/12/12_1_25.gifhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/8/8_4_15.gif...
most of all may you feel the Gift of God's Presence & His Peace in your life.

I hope you come back telling us that you had the best day ever!!
Just filled with fun and laughter & great memories, because you deserve it!

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/13/13_10_10.gif
"Have a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MICHELE!!!"

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/13/13_10_7.gif
Here is a LINK to your Birthday Card from me:
http://www.jacquielawson.com/viewcard.asp?code=6802474074

Loves, SunnyD

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

sprout
03-07-2004, 12:11 PM
March 7

Philippians 1:6
Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ.

Confidence. There are days when we feel we don't even know the meaning of the word. It is hard to stay confident when we feel so weak. It is important that we realize where confidence comes from. Our confidence comes from the Lord. It comes from no-where else. All we need do is look at the example of our blessed Lord, and we will see that He alone gives the kind of strength necessary to meet every challenge. The things He overcame cause our dieting efforts to pale in comparison. If Christ is truly our Lord and Master, then we will have confidence enough to succeed.
Today's thought: I am sure to lose weight because of Christ in me!

sprout
03-07-2004, 12:46 PM
Dr. Phil's Tip of the Day

Our tip for today has to do with you and your behavior. Have you ever wondered how much of your life is a function of habit instead of conscious choice? Have you ever wondered how much of your life is really being flown on automatic pilot instead of you deciding what's in your best interest and what you really want to do? You have to ask yourself, is what you're doing today what you want to do or is what you're doing today simply what you were doing yesterday?

If that's the case, you need to re-think it. There's never been a better example than with your eating habits. We don't understand how much we've been mesmerized by the marketing machine. We don't understand how much we've been programmed to think that food is fun, food is sexy, food is success. When in fact, it needs to be nutrition.

Stop and ask yourself, "Am I eating what I want, or am I eating what someone has programmed me to think I want?"

EZMONEY
03-07-2004, 08:59 PM

Well Angie and I got home from my step-d's soccer tournament in Westlake Village (Michele knows where that is) The weather was absoluteeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyy gorgeous! In the 70's. EVERYONE was out--like it was the first day of spring/summer.
My step-d won 2 and lost 1 so she didn't make it to the championship game, but it was a good week-end anyway. My daughter won her tennis matches in Georgia Thursday, Friday and Saturday so so far so good!

MICHELE Hope you had a great birthday--NOW--about that puppy breath.....Angie has been putting garlic in her food--something about keeping away fleas--anyway--WOW!! is she ever stinky after eating :lol: Good move on the date--demand respect! as far as the late minute things if they get to be too much--you are handling right.

SUNNY Did you and Joe sing in church today? Angie and I went to my sister and brother in laws church today--he is in the band, keyboards and my little neice-5 years old played handbells with some other kids--sooo cute. My wife's mom (who recently moved) and sis live real close to the tournament this week-end so we just stayed with them and visited--neato.

WILMA Did you have fun shopping for that SMALLER size!! Great job on the work uni!

SPROUT Thanks so much for the Dr. Phil updates.

Well the son and nephew took good care of RYLEE while we were out of town. Boy did I miss her :sssh: :sssh: don't say anything :tape: :yes: to Angie--ah heck she probably knows :lol:

Gotta go.........Ron put his homework off again

SAMI, SUE, ANGEL, GARNET EEYORE---HELLO, hope all is well.

SunnyD57
03-08-2004, 07:51 AM
http://www.ecardgallery.com/egreetings/petpictures/thsfelsgrtdntmve08/1.jpg

God’s “One Another” Family

In His best-selling book, The Purpose Driven Life, Rick Warren says, “God wants a family and He wants you to be a part of it. The entire Bible is the story of God building a family who will love Him, honor Him, and reign with Him forever.” I’ve often wondered if there was a common way all Christians in God’s family could feel more closely connected. When I read the following Bible passage, I knew I had found my answer: “So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.” Romans 12:5

Isn’t it wonderful to know that even though we may go to different churches, or belong to different denominations, we are still members of the family of “one another”! God has given every true believer in Jesus Christ a membership in His family. In His family, each member belongs to one another, and needs each other. Your “one another” family is bigger than you’ve ever dreamed. You belong to the family of God around the world…and they belong to you.

God has made us dependent upon one another. We have a built-in need for the fellowship, prayer, support, encouragement, and help of others in God’s family. It is true that each of us has a personal relationship with God through His Son, but God also wants us to have a personal relationship with one another. God wants us to come to Him in prayer, but He also wants us to pray for one another. God loves us deeply and personally, but He often expresses His love to us through others. Think of all the times that you have felt God’s touch through the hands of others, heard God’s voice through the words of others, sensed God’s comfort through the support of others, and known God’s provision through the gift of others.

Rick Warren also states, “Being included in God’s family is the highest honor and the greatest privilege you will ever receive. Nothing comes close. Whenever you feel unimportant, unloved, or insecure, remember to whom you belong.” I know that God has blessed each of us in many different ways, and it is His blessings upon us that make it possible for us to be a blessing to others.

God's Blessing be with you ALWAYS!

Be back later to post - Time for my exercise ;)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Mitchypoo
03-08-2004, 09:42 AM
I have to be quick, i'm at work, but I wanted to thank you all for the birthday wishes! How very swet of all of you.

Sat. after work i went to the Alpha Holy Spirit Day retreat and i felt awful not sharing the a.m. with them but the minute i got there they were so welcoming and happy i was there. We had some group time and then some music and then a talk and then prayer ministry. That was really a special time, everyone who came to us committed or recommitted their lives to Jesus! Amen! And the guy who i'm interested in at Alpha, John, he came to us for prayer and it was very emotional and special...

On my bday I slept in (missed church :( ) and went to CA Pizza Kitchen for lunch with my cousin. She had never been there but loved it. We had these great shrimp rolls and a bacon and gorgonzola salad and the thai chicken pizza! Was very yummy. We sat and talked for atleast 2 hours, it was fun. Then we did a little shopping, came home and I took a nap! It was a great day! My friend Rick in ND called me first thing in a.m. I spoke to my parents and brother and my best girlfriend from highschool. But Charlie didn't even call? :( What shall i think of that?

Must go, but will try to catch up later........Thanks again!

Oh and Sunny!~What a love you are! I love the b-day card! You are so wonderful!

doitforme
03-08-2004, 10:55 AM
Sorry to hear he didn't call, ! Maybe His feeling were hurt when ya turned him down for dinner, but He shouldn't have waited to the last minute, only you can tell what is right for you. Just know we are all here for you.
Wilma- Thanks but I didn't know the guy that passed away, I know his sister in law because I am her boss, and she called in for time off, which gave me overtime I could take. But thanks for the well wishes. Congrats on getting into smaller size. Congrats sprout on 6 lb loss so far this year, great job,
Sunny- Thanks for the family of God message. We can go anywhere in the world and we have family there. How awesome is that. E.Z. sounds like you and rylee are getting along great! Puppies are fun, not to mention cute. I am working nights to night so am off to go shopping for food, and materials for my junior church class this weekend. We got that awfull stuff called snow overnight about 3-4 inches. We had grass. Hope it melts quick I am ready for spring. Have a great day. Hi to all others. God Bless.

sprout
03-08-2004, 11:56 AM
March 8

Isaiah 65:24
And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.

When we feel the weakest and most vulnerable, then is the time to turn to God. God knows what we are up against, even before we call upon Him. There is no one who cares more about how we feel and how we do than God does. He is our staunchest supporter. He also realizes how difficult it is to face our diets alone. He waits for us to call on Him, but He will not force Himself on us until we call. When we do call, He will act quickly to help us, since He already knows what it is we will be asking. Don't hesitate! Call on God when you need Him most.
Today's thought: I am never out from under Gods' watchful eye!

sprite7
03-08-2004, 12:28 PM
Hi all,
I have subscribed to your thread. I hope you don't mind. I may not have time to talk much, but I have read parts of this thread and hope to get to the rest of it later. I too am a curves member, like some of you. I have been busy and haven't had time to go. I started back about 2 weeks ago and made it there 3 times a week, so that is my goal for now. I got officially weighed last week and have stayed the same, so for missing since November that is great. I hope to lose around 80 pounds, but I will take it one pound at a time. I will type more when I have time and give you details about myself, but for now I just wanted you to know there is an extra pair of eyes reading and enjoying these messages.

Mitchypoo
03-08-2004, 01:13 PM
Sprite~Welcome! So glad you've joined us. We love to have people join us. Sounds like whatever you've been doing, it's been good. Great news about your weigh-in at Curves. It's great that you're getting back in the habit of going. :coffee: (Ijust love this new smiley!)

doitforme
03-08-2004, 10:39 PM
Welcome Sprite! Glad you joined us, we are a friendly group.
Sprout - Thanks that is so true, Hi Mitchy everyone else! Just popped in, waiting to go to work I have to work Midnight to 7:30am. What I really want is to go to bed. I am off Tues, Wed. See ya all tom.

SunnyD57
03-09-2004, 06:34 AM
:coffee2: Good Morning CER's!!

*~*~*

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/8/8_9_10.gif WELCOME SPRITE!http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/8/8_9_10.gif
Like MICHELE/MITCHYPOO stated... we love having a new voice to our thread. So you are in Curves... me too :D I go 3x a week - on Tues - Wed & Friday's and just love it there. The other 3 days of the week I workout on my Elliptical. I cannot wait to hear more about you. Where are you from... State? Again... Welcome to our thread!

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/8/8_9_10.gif Morning MICHELE,
So happy to hear that you had such a good time on your Birthday!!! Glad you enjoyed the e-card (me too :lol: ) I too like the coffee smiley - always like it when they add new ones.

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/8/8_9_10.gif

Hi to everyone else... Sorry I can't post to each of you right now, have to go make Joe's lunch and have my coffee :coffee: Then I am going to get ready to leave for Curves :workout: ... I will come back when I get home and post to everyone :)

God's Blessings be Yours and May you have an OP (On Plan) Day :D

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

wilma12
03-09-2004, 08:45 AM
It's a bright sunny day here in friendly Manitoba. It's still cold by some measures but we're glad to see the near melting temps. We've lost a bit of snow and I can't wait for it all to disappear. Then I can start planning my flower beds.

I was reading an article on the weekend on weight loss. They talked about making changes one at a time instead of doing it all at once. So,I decided to get started with the snacks. This is a problem area for me. I also decided that boredom in the evening is a problem. I am giving myself one thing each evening to accomplish to keep my hands out of the snacks. Last night I bought a family pack of ground beef and got things ready for the freezer. I now have meatloaf, hamburger patties and meatballs just waiting for me to use. How's that for planning GARY? Tonight I have to do some more work on the quilt for baby Adelaide. She was born a couple of weeks ago and I need to get it finished.

Sprite: A big welcome to you. I hope you find the support and encouragement here as much as I do.

Gotta go to work now. Have a super day!

Mitchypoo
03-09-2004, 09:25 AM
Wilma~great idea to keep your hands busy and look how much you already accomplished! Thanks for the idea.....Today i am going to be sure and drink my water, that is my goal. Maybe we all for the rest of the week could post a daily goal?

Gosh Sunny, if you are at Curves 3x a week and THEN on the elliptical the other days......BRAVO!!!! That is really wonderful!

Got to work about 1/2 hour early, makes me feel less guilty for posting if i do it on my time. I was so busy at work yesterday but that is good news! I can't believe how much I love this job....

Had a wonderful time at Alpha last night, John and I walked in together and he saved me a place in line for dinner and we sat together. I think he's showing interest and i'm SO HAPPY about it!!! He's having lasix eye surgery this Thurs. I'm going to send him a get well card. I asked him what time the surgery was and that i'd keep him in prayer. He is opening up about his wife's death. He must have told the group Sat. when I wasn't there. I'm so happy to get to know him.

Gary~so what, you get a pup and you forget your 3fc friends? I'm sure Rylee is keeping you busy and wrapped around your finger! Please post pics cuz Golden pups change so quickly......On another subject, are you and Angie doing any walks or marathons this season?

Have a wonderful Tuesday! :grouphug:

SunnyD57
03-09-2004, 10:05 AM
http://www.ecardgallery.com/egreetings/inspirational/snysmle08/header.gifhttp://www.ecardgallery.com/egreetings/inspirational/snysmle08/3.gif
Hello again my friends

I just got home from going to Curves:
Got in my 40minutes of workout and 10minutes of stretching time.
I always feel so much better after going - so glad I MAKE myself go!
Next Tuesday is my Weight & Measure day... I am very nervous about it.
I sure do hope I see some results. :crossed:

http://www.ecardgallery.com/egreetings/friendship/tnkgofyou08/div.gif

We woke up to some snow the day before yesterday
and it snowed all through the day (aprox 2"). But today we have beautiful
:sunny: SUNSHINE! So good to see! We got just enough snow to cover
all the ugly mudddd we have.

http://www.ecardgallery.com/egreetings/friendship/tnkgofyou08/div.gif

Thanks so much MICHELE...
I need all the encouragement I can get! I am really trying hard. Working out everyday takes allot of commitment! I don't even question it - I just get ready & "do it". If I think about it too long I'll talk myself right back into bed :lol:

You sound as if you are doing so well these days. I hope you continue to have wonderful days, Michele :goodvibes I wish that for everyone! So cool that John is paying extra attention to you... glad to hear that you are taking your time and getting to know everyone.

WILMA,
You are so right! For me it was the 1) Water - (drinking at least 64oz everyday now) and then it was the 2) Exercise - to get in a workout each day but Sunday... so far I am doing well there. Now - I'm trying to 3) Eat by 7AM and not eat after 7PM. That is my next to completely conquer... I still have a tendency to snack once in awhile, but not nearly as often as I use to... that's a toughy!!!!

I cannot wait to see the blanket you are making. I hope you will post a picture when you have finished!!!???!!! My SIL has really gotten into knitting. She has made allot of scarves (very popular with the teens) and is now making a blanket for her son. He wanted one for his bed. She is going to teach me. Bet that your blanket is beautiful!

SUE,
Glad you enjoyed that post - I loved it too and just thought of our little group right away.

ET - woops :dz: EZ,
Come back!!! We miss you!

:wave: Hi SPROUT, ANGEL, SAMI, GARNET, EEYORE and SPRITE :wave:

Must be going and getting my day started.
Blessings!!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Shirl2004
03-09-2004, 10:06 AM
I would like to Join you all. I am a Christian and need support to lose weight. So far I have lost about 19 lb's since Christmas 2003. I weigh now 178 or 179, depends on the scales I use.
Shirl

EZMONEY
03-09-2004, 10:07 AM
Hi Gals-- I Just Checked In Because Ron Was Using The Computer Before School--no Time To Post--but I Did Post Yesterday Then Lost It But Didn't Have Time To Re-do--i Am Here--melting!!--it Is In The High 80's Here.
Be Back Tonight...

SunnyD57
03-09-2004, 10:23 AM
:goodvibes "WELCOME" SHIRL! :goodvibes

You are so very welcome to join us here!
As I said to SPRITE - we just love it when someone new joins in.
Tell us a bit about yourself... what state are you from?

"CONGRATS" on your weight loss!!!! :dance: How thrilling!
You are doing so well!

This is such a great place to come... sometimes it gets very quiet here,
so don't feel badly if it does...
We all come back eventually ;) Just get busy.
And soon Spring will be here :cp: Cannot wait!

Now I really must be going.

Oh! :o Hi GARY!!!!!
So good to see you! ;)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

EZMONEY
03-09-2004, 09:21 PM

Sorry I haven't been here--but I have..aahh I hate it when I mess up on my post because it takes soooo long for me to type!

Gone all week-end at step-d's soccer tournament, she did fairly well--won 2 and lost 1 but didn't make the championship game--she is playing softball too with her high school, the soccer right now is travel ball. My daughter is in Georgia with her college, she is doing well also-- she has won all her doubles matches while she has been there-- 3-0--more matches today, haven't heard yet the scores--she should be coming home tomorrow (I THINK?) What kind of dad am I huh? Not even sure when my daughter's coming home from her spring break, bet her boyfriend does! Oh wait, he is there too :lol:

Ron is trying out for the school basketball team, no one gets cut ;) He is in trouble tonight (NO TV) he has a habit of putting his 2 cents worth in when the teacher is scolding another child--his daily report made note of that so i grounded him from TV tonight. He is really loving to play with RYLEE, they go at it for hours in the yard.

The weather has been hot here since Saturday--in the high 80's, record highs for this time of year--got my shorts on........watch out for the glare ;)

RYLEE is in a slump :lol: --seems to hit the paper with her pee almost all of the time but the poo is less than 50%. At least they are little for now.

SUE What are you making for junior church with the materials--craft projects? Food? is it for teen-agers?-hope you got enough :) Funny about the grass-- I just had to mow mine for the first time in a few months--really pretty now--bet RYLEE messes it up soon!

MICHELE Sorry Charlie didn't call on your birthday but glad you and John are hitting it off. And no I didn't forget about my 3FC-- just really busy-gone-and lost post! Angie and I have not signed up for any races yet--one of the 5K's we do every year we can't this year 'cause step-d has a soccer tournament in Santa Barbara that week-end-- last year Angie's sisters and brother and their spouses did it with us--they were planning on it this year too.

SPROUT How is the boy doing? Still adding up those miles!! good for you! Is your husband still going with you?

WILMA OF COURSE YOU ARE PLANNING!!! With Martha going to be put in the slammer this is YOUR SHOT at stardom :yes: :cheer: Who is baby Adelaide? Bet the quilt will be great! You are going to have a great spring and summer!! I just know it--down 2 or 3 sizes in no time!!

SUNNYD Hey that puppy picture looked like RYLEE--when did you sneak into my back yard :lol: You haven't had much time either with all that exercise--boy oh boy is Joe gonna be HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!! Are your boys getting excited about going outside again? with the snows melting? Any new 50's decor for the home?

WELCOME SPRITE and SHIRL be talking to you soon.

SAMI where are you? Hope all is well!

Well have dinner on the table, Angie is making Greek salad with chicken--I cooked last night--lasagna.

IN CHRIST-Gary

EZMONEY
03-09-2004, 09:58 PM
Here are the latest pictures of our Rylee.

wilma12
03-10-2004, 08:59 AM
Had another good day yesterday. Kept my hands busy with my quilt so that I couldn't munch. Tonight's dinner is chicken parmesan with veggies.

Gary: Baby Adelaide is my niece's little one. I make a baby quilt for each of my nieces and nephews when they have their first one. I'll try to post a pic when I get it finished.

If you saw my house you'd apologize to Martha. :o :lol: Wonder what'll happen to her?

Shirl: A big welcome to you. I look forward to getting to know you. Post when you can.

Sunny: I'm so glad Curves is working for you. I love going. The girls that workout at 6:30 a.m. are really fun and the time flies. I plan on adding something to my off-days too when I figure out what I can do and not wake up the others in my house.

Michele: Sounds like things are going great for you. How did you do with the water. It's something I need to work on too. I get busy at work and forget that I have it there. This week it's snacking for me - next week it'll be lowering the pasta/bread in my dinner meal.

How is everyone else doing? We'd love to hear even a little snippet from you.

Have a great one!

Mitchypoo
03-10-2004, 09:43 AM
Welcome Shirl!! Wow, you have done great since Christmas!! So impressed.....Keep up whatever you are doing.

I think you've come to the right place if you want support. I'm here for you....

Still haven't heard from Charlie? :?: He's MIA.

Time for my coffee :coffee: and I have a busy day ahead of me. Have a great Wednesday everyone! :grouphug:

Mitchypoo
03-10-2004, 09:48 AM
Wilma, we must have posted at the same time. ;)

See how quickly i forget... I drank water consciously yesterday while at work, but not at home, actually I had a soda with dinner and then couldn't sleep so I'm sure I didn't get in enough. So my goal today is again.........atleast 64 oz. of water for the day. One tip i found that can help is when i'm filling my glass, fill it, drink as much as you can, and fill it again.

I'm reading that book The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren and today's point to ponder is.... I was formed for God's family.

Have a great day!

SunnyD57
03-10-2004, 09:56 AM
:coffee2: Morning GARY...
So good to hear from you. Thanks for the pictures, ANGIE. Your puppy, RYLEE, has really grown just since the previous posted pictures! I love pictures!!!

Good to hear that the girls did so well in their games :cp: :bravo: And Ron joining a basketball team... that will be good exercise for him. Hope he likes it and does well. Sports are just so good to get your kids involved in, teaches them allot!

As far as the weather goes - we aren't in the 80's :o (!) But we are having allot of sunshine :sunny: :) It's 38* right now and it is suppose to get into the 40's. I cannot wait till we have temps back into the 70's!

SUNNYD Hey that puppy picture looked like RYLEE--when did you sneak into my back yard You haven't had much time either with all that exercise--boy oh boy is Joe gonna be HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!! Are your boys getting excited about going outside again? with the snows melting? Any new 50's decor for the home?
Glad you liked the picture - I thought it looked a bit like her too ;) Yep, been exercising my head off - :o oh... don't want that, do I? :lol: As for the boys... they never go outdoors on their own - they are strictly inside animals. But Joe & I have taken them for their morning shoulder ride to get the paper again. They love that and it's all they know... so they don't know what they are missing with 'not' roaming. I couldn't stand the thought of them being out and roaming and not knowing if they were safe. They stay in my site almost all the time - I always know where they are.

Yep, I did get a butter-dish from my sister for my birthday. I'll have to send a picture for you all.

:coffee: Hi WILMA,
I just got back from my Curves and weighed in on my scale and it came up that I am now at 202.5! Can you believe it!!!??? :cool: I am finally beginning to lose again! I am not going to change my signature till my official weigh-in on Tuesday (3-16) at Curves... but it sure gives me insentive! I want to be in ONEderland so badly!!! So all this work IS paying off!! And I feel wonderful too. Boy, do I get tired at the end of the day though - by 9:00 I am heading for bed, cannot not see straight I get so tired. I sure do sleep well now!

Don't you feel so bad for Martha? I sure do... she made a very bad choice (very foolish of her) but we all have panicked and made wrong choices in our lives - hers was just on a larger scale. Call me naive, but I feel that they are making an example of her in punishment. If she just had probation I think that would be enough. I just feel badly for her even though I do know she was wrong & broke the law... one heck of a mistake. I hope she won't have to go to jail for too long.

*~*~*

Well guys, I have to go get something to eat.
Catch you all later ~ Have a Wonderful OP Day today!!
"Blessings"

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

doitforme
03-10-2004, 11:11 AM
Welcome Shirl! Congrats on your loss so far, your doing great. This group here is a great bunch of friends that are willing to support with whatever you need ( ie- prayers for illnesses, limited advice ect.) Sunny- I am not so sympathetic to Martha- She isn't that naive I am sure. I didn't own any of her stock, but I am sure the stockholders would view it all differently. She is notarious for looking out for #1. But then again so were the clinton's and He was pardoned for his shinanigans. I could stay on that soap box for awhile so I'll just jump down now. Hi E.Z. nice pictures of rylee- listen bud if you are complaining about the heat forward it to upstate N.Y. we would love it at least for a week or so, it snowed and we have about 3 inches on the ground again, no more grass. I teach a child's bible lesson then do a craft project. We also have a small snack usually cookies, or crackers and a drink. It is fun, I have kids from the older group I work with on WEd. nights volunteer to assist with Junior church. I only do junior church once every month and a half or so. They are preschool kids mostly. They don't sit well, so sometimes challenging. Thanks for asking! Mitchy, Wilma and sunny,sprout congrats on great dedication to exercise, that is important, and to drinking water. I love water, and drink alot of it. Exercise is not my forteit inlife, never has been. Sami, angel, eeyore, ect. where are you???

SunnyD57
03-10-2004, 05:09 PM
http://www.ecardgallery.com/egreetings/friendship/rembrbear08/1.gif

Hi SUE,
That's okay - I do understand why you feel that way about
Martha and I know allot of people do - deservingly so. I am
just a softy I guess.

Say... you know that our trip is getting closer!! I am really
working hard to lose weight and get in shape to go ya know :lol:
Seriously, I bet you are getting really anxious for your trip.
I know if I were you I would be :D

Thanks for the encouragement!!! I am really excited and cannot
lose this fast enough. Only 47.5 lbs to go in reaching my goal wt.
See ya!

http://www.ecardgallery.com/egreetings/friendship/rembrbear08/div.gif

Boy-o-boy, does it ever get quiet here - where is everyone :?:

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

doitforme
03-10-2004, 10:00 PM
I am so looking forward to vacation. It should be so much fun, I am glad your not upset with me, but my understanding was she is a rude, obnoxious, terrible to work for. But what she saved by this action was a spit in the pan compared to what she had. It is to bad, and I also hope she doesn't get alot of jail time, but I don't think she walk away either. Glad I am not the judge, nor do I want to be. This is a crazy world we live in, people who hurt animals get more time than people who kids, just crazy.
Anyway,You'll reach goal soon, I am sure especially with all the working out. Just don't jump ship when ya do. O.K. Promise!

Angel-lover
03-11-2004, 08:51 AM
http://www.emotipad.com/newemoticons/Happy-Birthday3.gif Michelle! I know I'm almost a week late....so sorry. I hope you had a good day. Sorry Charlie didn't call. Are you sure he knew it was your b'day?

http://www.countryclipart.com/PrimAngelsSet6/set6angelwelcomesign.gifSprite & Shirl! So glad you joined us. :)

Can't stay here long. When I have a free minute, I have to get personal business, etc., taken care of. Please pray for our son & his family.

Love & prayers to all. http://www.byhislove.com/pages/images/shirleyflo.gif

SunnyD57
03-11-2004, 09:53 AM
From Sue...
Anyway,You'll reach goal soon, I am sure especially with all the working out. Just don't jump ship when ya do. O.K. Promise!

Morning SUE,
I Promise you, I won't jump ship... I think you guys are the Best!

Hi there ANGEL!!
So happy you checked in with us...
your DS is in my prayers! And so are you!

*~*~*

Have to go get in my exercise for the day.
Later guys ;)

"Blessings!"

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

SunnyD57
03-11-2004, 11:39 AM
:coffee2: Morning CER's!

Just checking in:
Finished my workout on my Elliptical ~
Went 5.5 miles in 36minutes and have been
getting in all my water64oz +!

Now (!) to 'nail down' the snacking after 7:00 :dizzy:
Still working on that! I am allot better at resisting the
urge & most times I am successful, but cave once in awhile still.
Like last night...
woops :^:

Well, I really must be going. I have a full day today.
Hope that if you are lurking, you'll think about popping in ;)
Have a great OP day everyone!
"God Bless!"

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

SunnyD57
03-11-2004, 11:57 AM
http://www.ecardgallery.com/egreetings/inspirational/snshnangl08/1.jpg

Hi MICHELE,
I was just checking back on the thread and noticed
that you have posted and I just didn't see you in my
haste! I am so sorry... hope you didn't think I was not
posting to you deliberately :no: I wouldn't do that!

I am so sorry that Charlie hasn't called you... maybe he's
on another trip? Or maybe his pride was hurt? It's hard to
say. Or... maybe he likes spontaneity and you don't and it just
isn't working out for the two of you. Whatever the answer is
I know that (it) will all work itself out. Just know that we are all
pulling for you to find the right guy for you. You are so
deserving of someone loving and caring.

:cp: Good for you in trying to get in your water -
it's so important!! It was very hard for me at first, then I went
to Wal-Mart and got a 64oz insulated mug for like $4.00 and fill it
up each morning. Now I get it all in and then some. I take the mug
everywhere with me - It's a challenge but I do it :)

Now I really must be going...
God Bless you!
D.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Mitchypoo
03-11-2004, 01:48 PM
Angel~thank you for the bday wishes, so very sweet of you! Will keep you and family in prayer...

Charlie called last night and asked me out on Saturday, not sure what we'll do. He wants me to come to his new townhouse and see it. He says he's been very busy with moving in, work, etc. He asked me if i was comfortable with him at all. I said I was, when I'm around him, but he is bugged cuz i won't let him come to my house yet. I explained yet again why but it's bugging me that he brings it up. So i said i needed to ask him something.....did he forget my birthday on Sunday? He was really quiet and then said that yes he did. He knew it was my birthday, but he just forgot and then goes into why, because of the move, and work, and I have to understand, and he doesn't think i really understand what kind of work he does. I told him, that I think i have been understanding and I do understand that he has a high-pressure job.....and that I didn't expect anything except maybe a phone call would have been nice. He said he'd make it up to me, which I don't want him to do. Said he'd never forget, if i chose to keep having him around. But i think he'd forget again. Maybe he's just not a details person when it comes to family and friends? But that's important to me. Maybe i expect too much? But he's kind of skipped Valentine's and now my birthday? I'm disappointed.

Why doesn't John just ask me out so I don't have to worry about this? :D

I am SOOOOOOO busy at work, which is really great, i love it. But i'm also trying to organize my actual job and establish a routine, so i feel like i'm struggling a bit. I'm just jumping in and trying to get it all done. And my boss is really happy, she's told me and she recognizes what i'm doing, so that is cool.

Today's point to ponder is: Life is all about love.

Goal for the day! Drink that water! Guess i should start now since it's lunch and i haven't touched it. Oh, I had maybe a cup of water with my pills this a.m. Big woo!

wilma12
03-12-2004, 08:50 AM
It's Friday :cb: :dancer: This week has flown by.

Tomorrow I get to clean and then get some baking in the freezer. It's cold up here so I don't mind.

I've had a great couple of days. I have really kept my snacking under control. We'll find out in a couple of weeks if it worked. I have also been drinking more water which has helped immensely.

I wish for each of you a great day!!

doitforme
03-12-2004, 09:51 AM
This has gotta be quick, gotta finish a baby blanket for a shower ytom. been so busy haven't had a chance. Just wanted to pop in and say Hi! Glad to see ya don't plan on leaving us sunny, we would miss ya! Hope things go better this Sat. Mitrchy pulling for ya. Wilma- Know ya will see a difference, with all your hard work, just think a smaller uniform which was great. Angel praying for ds and dil and kids, hope that situation works out Hi to everyone else. gotta run, home for the weekend see ya! Sue

Mitchypoo
03-12-2004, 10:24 AM
Have to be quick, will try to post at lunchtime.

Point to Ponder: I'm called to belong, not just believe.

SunnyD57
03-12-2004, 12:57 PM
http://www.ecardgallery.com/egreetings/friendship/nobtrfrnd08/1.jpg
Good Afternoon...

Well, I went to my Curves this morning for the 3rd time this week and stayed OP :) Drank all the water I was suppose to (with the exception of today - the day isn't over yet ;) ) I sure do hope I have good results when I get weighed and measured on Tuesday (3-16)... if not, I will just keep on - keeping on :D I figure my body has to catch up with my workouts eventually :lol:

Here is a review of my week of exercise:
MONDAY: Elliptical - 5.35mi/35min TUESDAY: Curves - 40min/3x around
WEDNESDAY: Curves - diddo THURSDAY: Elliptical - 5.5mi/36min
FRIDAY: Curves - diddo.

WATER: Drank 64oz each day and some days a bit more.
EATING AFTER 7pm: 2x this week successful - 3x this week failed (need to work on this!)

*~*~*

:wave: MICHELE,

Charlie sounds like a man friend 'we' have... he does not believe in remembering birthday's, holiday's or anniversary's... he said he treats his wife well all the time and doesn't need to make a what he calls a 'big deal' of days that were created for the card shops. I am so happy that Joe doesn't feel that way :^: I love it that he remembers... I am old fashioned & nostalgic I guess. Maybe Charlie is like our friend :?: I feel badly for our friends wife - she always complains to me that he doesn't remember and therefore she doesn't feel special. He does bring her flowers for no reason or a small gift, but he does not remember the 'special days' and it bothers her. Maybe something to keep in mine, if you are feeling serious about Charlie. (I pray I haven't over-stepped my bounds with you, Michele) Just thought I would share this with you. Maybe ask him if he feels this way too? No? I do hope that your date on Saturday with Charlie goes well and you just enjoy one another's company.

Michele: I am SOOOOOOO busy at work, which is really great, i love it. But i'm also trying to organize my actual job and establish a routine, so i feel like i'm struggling a bit. I'm just jumping in and trying to get it all done. And my boss is really happy, she's told me and she recognizes what i'm doing, so that is cool.

I am so glad you have found a job you like and enjoy! Oprah always says:
"Find what you like to do, go for it & have fun with it"
Maybe you have found it ;) :dance: I just couldn't be happier for you!

How have you been feeling?? How is your back?
It was really bothering you for a long time there...

:wave: WILMA,
Another weekend of baking, eh. I have to give you allot of credit --- I could not bake like that & have it in my home or it would be gone and I would be pounds heavier :o I just cannot resist a good choc. chip cookie or homemade sweets of any kind. I am a "sweet-o'holic" :^: I'm afraid. I admire your strength to resist. I am sure your family just enjoys their baked goodies - yum!

Wilma: I've had a great couple of days. I have really kept my snacking under control. We'll find out in a couple of weeks if it worked. I have also been drinking more water which has helped immensely.

:cp: "CONGRATS" to you for doing such a wonderful job! I am so very happy for you!!!

:wave: SUE,
I sure would like to see that blanket you made the baby?!
Take a picture of it for us, okay.
Bet it's beautiful!
Have a great time at the shower tomorrow...

http://www.ecardgallery.com/egreetings/friendship/nobtrfrnd08/div.gif

:?: :^: :?: Sure would love to hear from the rest of you :^: :?: :^:
Maybe you could stop in and just say "Hi" and let us know
that you are well, okay...
we miss you!!!!

God's Blessings... Have a wonderful weekend!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

SunnyD57
03-12-2004, 01:01 PM
Northeast, Ohio woke up to 6" of SNOW this morning!!!! Joe was out there with the snow-blower at 6:30 this morning. And it is suppose to go up into the 50's and be sunny tomorrow - I hope! I hope! It is still snowing and with huge snow flakes!! Pretty, but I am so ready for Spring!

Later guys!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

EZMONEY
03-13-2004, 07:37 PM

Hi ladies-- Taking a few minutes to catch up. I have RYLEE worn out from playing in the yard so she is lying by me. Angie is in Palm Springs for the week-end bachlorette partying!

Been busy all week with softball (step-d and nephew) track meets (my son coaching) tennis (my daughter) did have time to work a little :lol: , get a haircut and take the family (and BOYFRIEND- of my daughter's...aahhh) out to dinner last night. We went to a great little mexican place that I have been eating at for about 38 years, since I was 12--it still has the same owner and his wife and sister work as waitresses!

SUNNY Great job on the Curves and elliptical this past week. You are probably ready to add more time (just what you want :D ) or up it to 2 a days! Hope the snow melts for you soon!

SUE Hope you had a great week-end HOME for a change! Did the blanket turn out OK?

WILMA Glad to hear the snacking is under control--now about those boys?? :lol:

MICHELE Did you have a nice date with Charlie?

HI ANGEL, SAMI and all the rest....hope all is well.

Mitchypoo
03-14-2004, 01:37 AM
Hi all,

I'm at Charlie's house and I'm checking email. We've had a wonderful date with him. We went to see the comedy/play which was a lot of fun! Then we had a great dinner at Ping's. It was hot and spicy and the conversation was great too! I've kind of let Charlie in on our conversation here. We've had a great evening. I've met him son Eric, who is 16 and what a cutie, very nice boy. He has reason to be proud. His new townhouse is really nice. And he took me by his work and he gave me a really beutiful Seiko watch that matches his own. Am I spoiled or what?

Talk soon.

Michele

wilma12
03-14-2004, 09:45 AM
It's a sunny Sunday morning here. It stormed last night so the roads are icy. I hope this is the last one and that spring is on its way. I am craving green grass and flowers.

I feel I am doing well with my eating. The house is full of snacks because the guys had friends over last night and so far I haven't indulged. I am seeing results on the scale and don't want to blow it. It will take great will power to stay away from them. Please pray for me!!

Gary: I thought I should let you know that last weekend one DS came to me and asked me for the bathroom cleaning stuff. I almost fell over. They are doing much better with keeping the main area clear and I don't say anything about their private areas. Oldest DS is going to meet his girlfriend's family over Easter. He's pretty nervous about it.

Michele: SOunds like things are going well with you in the romance department.

Sunny: I think your snow headed this way. We woke up to it too. It had rained a bit before the snow so the roads aren't very safe. At least the city makes sure the roads are clear.

Well, gotta go get ready for church. Have a wonderful Lord's day!

sami
03-14-2004, 03:37 PM
Hello! I am so sorry I have been MIA. We went to WI for my DD basketball tourement and they won 2 and lost 1 so they placed 3rd! This was her last year to play in this tourement. Took my doggie to the Vet and got her spayed. She wasn't suppose to jump for 3-5 days and what did she do she jumped of my couch and bed within the first 1/2 home! So the only was to make her rest was to lay down (she lays on my body pillow under the blanket when I am laying down). My son was in charge of pepper while we were gone and I worried the whole time. My DH has been sick and that left me to do all the homework and picking up from work and making dinner! So that left very little time for me to post. I don't think I have lost any more but at the end of the month I have two DR appt. so we will see. Sorry I can't stay but my head has been pounding today so I am going to go lay down again.

I will try to post more later!

SunnyD57
03-15-2004, 10:53 AM
STOP! DO NOT POST HERE...
GO TO CHRISTIAN ENCOURAGERS #181

LINK:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37980

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*