Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2004, 06:20 AM   #1  
Searching

Thumbs down Thunderin Thursday 19 Feb

Yesterday my sleep was a mess so I have some higher hopes for today. One way or another I am having a relaxing week and not a should on my list.

Let's conquer the day ladies!

Jenelle- Did you relax? What did you do? One thing I like about program as soon as I hear people talking about this could happen or that could happen I remember I am living in the now, and I will cross all bridges with God's help and in His time.

Kat- Losing someone can be hard even when you know its for the best. All my prayers and sympathies hun I also hope your dear DH is feeling better today!

Christy- Any one on one Maybe we should let you get graphic

Ellis- How are you beauty?

Angi- Missed you yesterday and you too Miss Sarah

Much love to all!
Miss Chris
Old 02-19-2004, 10:49 AM   #2  

I did write a post last night, but it dissolved when I tried to post it. I gave up and went to bed. . .I said something like, "I'm going to bed early because I'm exhausted."

Then, Elijah woke up at 2 a.m. and every 20 minutes after that. (At some point, we just slept together because he didn't want to be put down.) There was definitely something bothering him- maybe his tummy or teething. I've got to figure out what food might be causing this. . .

Darn evil food!

He's hungry now, so this is short.

I will say that I prayed last night for a long night's sleep (most of my prayers these days or about Elijah not waking up!) and even though it was a long, frustrating night, I am still alive and relatively cogent. The fibromyalgia is in full force today - lack of sleep is very bad for it. . .but I know God will take care of me! I'm pretty sure my arms will not fall off (that's where it hurts the most).

More later. I'll try to be more upbeat!

Blessings for the day!

Last edited by AngiKL; 02-19-2004 at 10:54 AM.
Old 02-19-2004, 11:51 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Good morning, darlings!!

Geepers, Chris, if you're going to have sex all morning and then sleep, of COURSE your sleep patterns are going to be screwed up!
Have a wonderful day, sweetie.

Angi, hugs and prayers for you today. I hope you get some sleep soon and some relief from your pain.
Our second child (DS) was SO fussy and "colicky" that he needed to be nursed every hour for several months. I know it's not the right thing to do, but he ended up sleeping with us almost every night. Still, it was better than what might have happened if I'd lost my mind.

I've just shown the apartment to a lovely young couple. She's from Korea, and they're expecting their first baby in the spring. They really want the apartment. There's a single woman coming to look at it this evening, and she sounded just perfect. Funny... I really WANTED a little family to move in (particularly one that would appreciate the cultural diversity of the area), but now I'm worried about noise. And safety for the baby. Any prayers for the right tenant would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Hello Christy, Kat, Sarah and Jennelle! Love and hugs to all of you!
Old 02-19-2004, 12:48 PM   #4  

Default Morning!

Hi all,

Well, I stayed home from work today to be a nurse to DH. He's on bedrest for the day and is not supposed to move for the majority of it. So I thought I could be some help.

Angi - what a good mommy you are! It sounds like your son gets lots of love and I bet he feels so safe.

Ellis - is the apartment above your place? I would be concerned about noise, too, but can also see where a family would be nice. Good luck in making your decision!

Chris - here's to a relaxing week!

I'm doing OK. All crampy from AF and in a bit of a funk. But I went to a great f2f OA meeting this morning - lots of great shares.

OK, during this post I had to yell at DH for doing stuff for himself (like lifting! ) and not asking for help.

Have a great day!
Old 02-19-2004, 04:19 PM   #5  

Hey all!

Kat -- Sorry about your loss. Here are some (((hugs))) and prayers for comfort. It's so sweet that you're babying your DH...just don't spoil him too much! A spoiled husband is much harder to deal with after you have children.

Jennelle -- I hope you were able to relax. Do your best to leave it at school, hon. I know it's hard, but you'll make yourself crazy otherwise!

Angi -- Bless your heart! I can still remember those sleepless nights and fussy days. I think I've told you this before, but it does get better! You sound like such a loving and attentive mommy. Elijah will treasure you!

Ellis -- You're such a bad girl blaming Chris' sleep disturbances on her early morning romps. I think you're just jealous. Maybe we'll let you get graphic for awhile!

Chris -- Tell us all about your day of relaxation! I can't imagine seven days off with no hubby or kidlets hanging onto me for dear life every second. (hmmm...on second though, maybe you can't either! )

Not much going on here. Getting ready to cook supper, etc. etc. BBL with something exciting to discuss. Y'all talk amongst yourselves until I get back.

Love ya,
Christy
Old 02-19-2004, 05:20 PM   #6  

LOL, Christy. He's not being babied, just getting taken care of the way I'd hope he'd care for me in the same predicament. I even made the smart alleck remark to him that this was what I expected every day of my 9 months of pregnancy.

I forgot to mention the fantastic quote someone said today in my meeting. I absolutely loved it and wanted to share:

There is no bad weather, just inappropriate clothing.

What a great line and it so related to life. We just need to use appropriate tools to deal with the ups and downs of life. Nothing is ever 100% bad, since everything is an experience and a lesson - even if it's a heartrenching one.

Just chillin' here online and reading my book. DH is hanging out in bed talking to his writing partner on the phone.
Old 02-19-2004, 10:22 PM   #7  

Default Just saw this and thought it was cute - wanted to share

Closed Thread