Support Groups - Way Over 40 # 7

View Full Version : Way Over 40 # 7

Lizziepie
02-18-2004, 11:00 PM
Hi everyone. It was actually the Support Groups page. Check it out. I arbitrarily selected a number so it would not be the same as our last one. :dizzy:

Not much new around here. Took our dog to the Vets today, and he can't find anything really physically wrong with her, and is suspicious that she just might be in the beginning stages of doggie senility. That is the only thing that seems to make sense as far has her messing in the house, and she had never done it before. So it is a wait and see game I guess.

Alice: I can see how frustrated you all must be, when someone does such a half- ---ed job. And you are supposed to pay them to do it. :mad:

Siwa: I bet you are experiencing cooler weather than we have right now. but there is hope, it is supposed to warm up over the week-end.

Candice: Next time it is your turn to start the new thread. ;) I think you are doing great when you can eat all those cookies and still stay ata your goal weight. :)

Barb: Is your snow all gone? That must have been a nice experience as long it was a short one. Have you started on the experiment, or testing, or whatever you call it? I know you said they were to notify you.

Got the tax papers ready for the accountant. Glad that is done. It isn't so bad, just takes time to organize everything. Can't go in with a shoebox full of receipts, like the H & R block t.v. ad says.

I've had some fun news. I have been searching my family ancestry, and got the marriage certificate from my GGrandfather and GGrandmother, from Wales. It is exciting to be able to put all the pieces together bit by bit.

Have a great day tomorrow. Ann

Lizziepie
02-19-2004, 09:12 PM
Hope you found this, and are just busy. Ann

ageoldie
02-19-2004, 11:06 PM
[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=4][COLOR=SeaGreen]I found it, but I don't want to talk about the research study, I was just kicked out today because, once again, I am too fat. This time it is my BMI that kicked me out. But I'll try to explain more tomorrow. Maybe then I'll know more.

Siwaoasis
02-20-2004, 02:07 PM
test post

Siwaoasis
02-20-2004, 02:13 PM
Whenever I do a test post it shows up but my longer posts are deleted. POOF!! Perhaps it's a "time" thing so I'll keep it short. We've had 2 glorious days of full sun and 60's. Nicest it's been in 5 weeks. Today is warm, humid and overcast.

Last nite the condo mgmt supplied fried chicken for the building pot luck. I wanted to meet others in the bldg even if they are the ages of my parents. It didn't work out too well cuz the tables sat only 6 and we and my parents were 4 of those 6. We did talk to a nice couple from MI. They've been coming here for 14 yrs so they told us all about every restaurant.

Going to a local Mardi Gras parade tonite. Wonder how many beads well end up with.

Lizziepie
02-20-2004, 10:19 PM
Barb: Sorry that you didn't qualify. Seems strange to me, but what do I know.

Siwa: How much longer do you have before you start back to the cold weather? Our weather is gradually improving. I really want to go swimming, but I can't get motivated until the air gets warmer.

Hi Candice, Alice, Kate.

I tried a recipe from my Welsh cookbook tonight. A gingerbread. Definitely not a diet dish, but it was very good, and I did give some of it away. I'm going to have fun trying some of the recipes in the books my Welsh Cyber friend sent me.
See you later. Ann

aleka
02-21-2004, 10:29 AM
Good morning,

The worst part about this whole thing with the surveyor is that he came highly recommended. He's the one holding things up. He has to give paperwork to the septic guy, who is his brother so he can go in and do a perc test for the buyers. He hasn't even done that yet. Now next week they'll both be on vacation. :censored: :bomb:

Barb, sorry that you won't be able to do the study. It doesn't make any sense to me. Hope you find out more why you were kicked out.

Siwa, hope you had a good time at the Mardi Gras parade.

Ann, how is your dog doing? Hope she's doing better.

Hope you all have a great weekend.
Alice

Siwaoasis
02-21-2004, 02:47 PM
ANN--We'll be checking out of the condo by 11 am on 3/10 and then we plan to take our time going home. We're having another lovely day today. This is the way it's supposed to be. The entire US had a fairly cold winter from what I saw on weather channel.

ALICE--How absolutely frustrating for you! My mom caught more beads than anyone and she got some really interesting ones too. I only got 6 strands of normal ones. There was an older man in front of me who kept backing toward me to catch anything thrown my way. I was afraid he'd knock me over. One time DH and I had to put our hands on his back to keep him from falling over. People do go crazy over those worthless beads.

ageoldie
02-21-2004, 08:31 PM
We went to Home Depot today and loaded up on weed & feed, potting soil, mulch and pretty spring plants. Came home and actually worked in the yard.

The flowers are really pretty, just hope we didn't jump the gun and have them freeze on us!

Lizziepie
02-21-2004, 08:49 PM
Hope not either, but planting flowers and stuff is great fun after a long winter.
Hi everyone. Ann

Siwaoasis
02-21-2004, 09:46 PM
ANN--How soon you forget! Long winter, my foot! It's just barely 1/2 over. ROFL

Katey
02-22-2004, 03:02 PM
Hi everyone,
I've taken quite a hiatus. Glad to see that you're all still here. If you don't mind, I'll jump back in with you.

It's been a busy winter for me. We just got back from Las Vegas last week. Had been there to see our DS who was giving a presentation. Friends went with us so it was a whirlwind trip. I came back exhausted and came down with a cold yesterday. The first I've had in a few years and it has wiped me out. Didn't leave the house yesterday and don't plan to today. Our department at work had to move to another building on Thursday. That was a lot of packing and unfortunately our work stations didn't get in so we're still not unpacked. They were supposed to do them yesterday. It will be hard unpacking and trying to keep up with work too.

Diet-wise I'm still plugging away. It certainly is a neverending battle. I'm still at Curves. We got a new glute machine last month so the circuit takes a little longer. In January I made it 4 times a week! I felt real good about that. It won't happen this month. In addition to my cold, I did something to my back and have decided to give it some time to heal. Only hurts with certain movements, but when it happens I freeze right up.

Ann: Saw Mamma Mia while we were away. It was wonderful! Are you getting ready for any performances? Good that your taxes are done. We haven't even started to get anything together yet. What fun to be doing your family tree. I understand that it can take a lot of digging.

Barb: Sorry to hear about the study. They should give you some more information. Maybe they can recommend something else. Flowers....how I wish it was time to do that here! It will be a while yet. There's still a lot of winter left for us.

Siwa: Guess you've been away for the winter. It has been a harsh one in the northeast. It was just in the high 50's in Las Vegas, but that felt good to me. Hope you'll have nice weather for your last couple weeks in the south.

Alice: OMG, you're still trying to finish things up with the cottage! It's been quite a hassle for you. Have you been doing any reading? I just finished The Secret Hour. It dragged...our new library still isn't open so I haven't done much book reading, just my magazines.

Well, guess that's about it for now. Take care all.

Kate

Lizziepie
02-22-2004, 06:16 PM
Kate: How good to hear from you again. The new machine at Curves - is that the one where you push back with your legs? I use that one a lot, since that is a place where I need all the help I can get. I haven't been weighed or measured since Thanksgiving, for a variety of reasons, and going to do it this week. I just have to be focused more.
I haave been fortuante on the ancestor thing to have people helping me out. Like the cyber friend in Wales. She did things for me that I couldn't do myself. But digging is fun, sort of like putting together a jigsaw puzzle, matching up stuff.

Siwa: I guess it depends on where you are about what constitutes a long hard winter. I remember what it was like in Northern New York. And now I am just a little hot house flower:rofl: It has been a cold winter for us, longer than usual.

Hi Alice, Candice, Barb. Hope things are going well for ya'll. Ann

aleka
02-22-2004, 07:11 PM
Kate, it's good to have you back. When my cousin and I went to NYC in Dec. we saw Mama Mia on Broadway. Wasn't it fantastic?? I felt like getting up on stage and dancing along with everyone else. :dance: When we got home I bought the soundtrack for myself and gave one to my cousin for a Christmas gift. I play it constantly. Glad you had a good time in Las Vegas.

Ann, we still have at least 2 more months of winter even though the calendar says spring.

Barb, how I envy you being able to plant flowers now. We have to wait until the frost leaves the ground, which is sometime in May.

Hi Siwa, Candice, hope you both are having a good weekend.
Alice

Katey
02-23-2004, 06:58 PM
I'm beat....spent the day unpacking boxes and getting things set up in our new place. It's a lot smaller than where we were so it was a challenge to fit everything in. The good thing was that the time went fast, so fast that I didn't even think about eating my snack this afternoon :) With this cold I don't feel much like eating anyway.

Alice: I loved Mama Mia--it was a hand-clapping, foot-tapping show. It did make you feel like you wanted to dance! I'll have to look for the sound track. Are you getting some warmer temps? Today was lovely and someone said it's supposed to get in the 50s this weekend :D A friend actually saw a flowering crocus!!!! It was close to a building, but it does give us hope that spring is coming.

Ann: Yes, the glute is the machine where you push your leg back. It was hard at first, but it's getting easier. Good luck with your measuring. It's been a while for me too, but I don't even want to think about that yet. You definitely wouldn't have liked the winter in northern NY this year. It's been soooo frigid:yikes:

Hi Candice, Barb and Siwa:wave: Hope you've had a good start to the week!

Kate

Lizziepie
02-23-2004, 09:59 PM
Kate: Somehow I guess I had forgotten that you were moving. If I ever knew that. downsizing is good. That is what we did, but now I have found lots of ways to put in all the stuff, and once again it is time to start tossing the stuff I haven't used in a year. You are right - no more frigid winters for us, unless it is some sort of family emergency. We do plan to come north this summer and do our tour like we have done before. Some of this travel is going to depend on how our doggie is doing. Right now she is okay, but it is a waiting game, with her old age.

Went to Curves today. I try to go 3 times a week. There are 5 of us from our park who go and we try to ride together as much as we can. Because it is about a 15 minute drive. I have been looking up Curves in the places we will be going this summer, and know that there will be an opportunity to go in a couple of the towns.

Siwa: Gee, March 10 is not that far away. We are doing our chorus show on the 15th and I am now in the pulling out hair stage, thinking it isn't going to come together. Hope you don't run into any spring snow on your way home.

Maybe they will make Mama Mia into a movie. What do you think of all the controversy over the 'The Passion of Jesus Christ' I read so many conflicting arguments. I don't remember any of this stuff, when they made the movie 'The Greatest Story Ever Told.' I sort of think there are some personal axes to grind and the press just eats up any sort of controversy.

Alice: Isn't there some way that you can give a little push to the 'hold up the works guy'? It is criminal that one person can be so irresponsible, and hold up everyone.

Candice: What is going on with you?

Have a good day, all. Ann

aleka
02-24-2004, 06:47 AM
Good morning,

I finally have some good news. The surveyor called Sunday evening and said that the paperwork was done and he brought the maps over yesterday afternoon. His brother, who does the septic, had been down to the cottage to do a perc test for the buyers, but the ground is too frozen and he can't do anything until the frost comes out of the ground. At least things have started moving. How this all came about is, my girlfriend, who is also the RE agent in all of this, knows a lawyer who represents the bank the buyers are financing through. She asked the lawyer to give the surveyor a call. I assume the lawyer did because everything started happening. I would KILL to know what the lawyer said to him. :s:

Ann, that would be nice if they made Mama Mia into a movie. Last week I heard through the grapevine that a Curves will be opening up in the town next to our's sometime this spring. I'm kinda excited about it. The closest one now is 10 miles one way. Glad that your doggie is doing better.

Kate, how is your cold? Hopefully you're starting to feel better. I find that if I'm really busy I don't think about food at all. Hope things will settle down soon for you at work as you get used to your new place. We still have some pretty cold mornings, but it warms up into the high 30's during the day. It's nice as long as we don't have any wind. I have managed a couple of walks outside with Lacee, so we don't go very far. She's very happy to get out of the house too. Did you read Cold Mountain? My MIL sent it to me, but I thought it was awfully boring. It probably didn't help that I saw the movie before I read the book. I was glad when I finished it.

Siwa, are you still having nice weather?

Hi Candice, Barb, hope everything is well with you.

Have a good day everyone.
Alice

Siwaoasis
02-24-2004, 03:53 PM
The warm sunny days left with my parents yesterday. Rained really hard and there were flood watches for nearby areas. It was so windy that the condo complex had problems w/automatic doors closing, including the elevator doors. After several tries we made it up to the 10th floor. It's too difficult to explain how the elevators are outside--sorry.

ALICE--Hooray! Finally some progress.

KATE--Glad to see you've returned but not happy to hear about your cold. I too have escaped having one for several yrs. My parents often go to Las Vegas for a few wks in the winter. My dad's sister lives there. I'd been watching the temps there cuz I was feeling bad we had cold temps but then I saw that LV had pretty much the same temps. Cold all over the US this winter.

Katey
02-24-2004, 06:45 PM
Hi all,
Didn't make it to Curves today. I don't want to go and spread my cold germs all around so I'll wait another day and see how I feel. My back is doing better. I've been putting Ben Gay on it at night and Vicks on my chest and under my nose. I smell great :lol:

Ann: Just our work department is moving. Heavens, I can't imagine having to unload this house. A couple years ago I got on a tangent that we had to get things cleaned out because I don't want our kids to have to do it. My DH and I are both collectors. We did get rid of some things, but there's still a lot to do. I remember how bad it was with his mother. What music are you doing for your show? I've been reading a lot about Mel Gibson's movie. I'm not sure if I want to see it or not....just because of the explicitness of it. It sounds like it's quite graphic. I don't have a problem with the content.

Alice: Glad that things are finally moving on your cottage. Sometimes it just takes a little prod from the right people! I meant to tell you that I like the picture of you and Lacee. Very nice...now I'd know you if we passed on the street :D Abby hasn't been as lucky as Lacee, no walks outside yet although DH did take her to the park once. The snow has been so deep and crusty that she had a hard time walking and was pooped when she got back. Haven't read Cold Mountain or seen the movie. Did you like the movie?

Siwa: The weather sure isn't cooperating for you. Hope that the rain and wind have stopped by now. I'm guessing that your aunt must live in the outskirts of LV. We flew in at night and it seems to stretch endlessly. It was a pretty sight. It was sweater weather, but that's considerable lighter than what I've been wearing here this winter! Is your DS taking care of your house while you're away?

The kitchen calls....time to think about getting dinner ready. Hi Candice and Barb. What's new?

Take care,
Kate

Siwaoasis
02-25-2004, 04:24 AM
KATE--Yes, DS is watching the house with the exception of the next few days. DS just arrived VERY late. We're still up late talking. While he's here a friend of mine is staying w/the cats and fish. We're so lucky to have someone to always stay at our house.

aleka
02-25-2004, 09:07 AM
Kate, Cold Mountain was a very good movie, rather gruesome in some parts, but other than that my girlfriend and I really enjoyed it. Usually people read a book first before they see the movie and say "It didn't happen that way in the book". I kept saying to myself, "That's not how they did it in the movie" :lol: I would recommend the movie. Hope you're mostly or all unpacked from your move. Thank you for the compliment.

Siwa, glad that you have someone staying at your house while you're away.

Ann, I don't think I will be seeing Passion Of Christ because it's too violent for me. I'm rather squeamish when it comes to things like that. I do know it happened that way, but I just cannot watch it. Let us know what you think of it if you do see it.

Hi Candice, hope you're doing ok.

Later this morning I am off to lunch and a movie with a friend. We're going to see Along Came Polly.

Take care and enjoy your day.
Alice

Katey
02-25-2004, 09:36 PM
Good evening,
I've decided to give up sweets (all) and pasta for Lent. I always like to do something and this should help me with weight loss too. They're my 2 favorite comfort foods.

Siwa: It's nice that your DS can visit you for a few days. Enjoy your time together. It's good that you have someone to watch your house. I'm always a little leery when we're away. Since our DS is living here again, I feel better when we're gone.

Alice: The unpacking is done and now it's just getting used to the new layout. I figured out part of what's bothering my back....it's very hard moving the chairs around on the carpeting and I'm straining. We're going to get mats for the floor. It's supposed to be edging to the 50s and sunny by the end of the week :D Hope you get the same!

Hi to Candice, Barb and Ann! Take care all.

Kate

Lizziepie
02-25-2004, 10:30 PM
Hi all: another cool and rainy day here. Glad I didn't live in the area that was hit with a tornado of sorts. a lot of damage.

This has been a busy week and will continue that way, I guess. Curves this a.m. and then tomorrow we will be taking an AARP 55 alive driving class. It is two mornings, but then you get a reduction in your auto insurance premiums. It is good to have the driving review. Our Norwegian family are arriving on Sat. but we don't know what time. They fly standby as the father flies as Captain on SAS airlines, so he gets free passage and the family gets reduced fares. But the bad part is that there is no time schedule or particular airline. We just wait. And then Saturday night we have a Strawberry Festival and Gospel night in the park. Never a dull moment.

Alice: glad things are finally moving for you. Againn that is one of those cases where a man will take direction from another man in authority. :mad:

Siwa: HOpe your last days of vacation before you have to go north will be pleasant, and that the sun will come out and it will warm up.

Kate: we are singing a lot of songs with the moon in the titles. We are having a couple who is celebrating their 50th anniversary, reminisce about their years together, and how often the moon was a part of their best times together. Sort of a fun show.

I sort of feel like a friend of mine who said, "I don't want to go and see the Passion, but I have to'. There is something compelling about the whole thing. What Mel Gibson is trying to do, out of some sort of compulsion he felt to make the movie. And I think for me, I want to make up my own mind, rather than let the media reporters tell me what I should think. Call me an independent thinker, I guess. I'll let you know what I think. :)

Hi Candice - Barb: Hope things are going well for you. :wave: Ann

Lizziepie
02-26-2004, 08:45 PM
Hi: Well, finished the first day of our drivng course. We have done this before, but it does give an insurance discount. Went shopping and then got tickets for the Passion for tomorrow at 4:00p.m. I have been reading a lot of reviews, and it is like everything else, it depends on the perspective of the reviewer. Hope you have all had a good day. Have a great weekend. I'll let you know what we think, tomorrow. Ann

aleka
02-27-2004, 08:46 AM
TGIF!

Yesterday was our anniv. DH & I have been married 32 yrs. :faint: We went out to lunch at a place called Macaroni Grille. It was sooo good. Last year we went to one in FL and found there was one in Massachusetts. I was able to get whole wheat pasta which I was happy about. We also had dessert, chocolate cake, which was enough for 4 people. The cake was so good that I wanted to lick the plate! :lol:

Ann, please let us know how you liked The Passion of Christ. Just about everyday there is a review in the USA Today about it. A lot of people are speechless as they walk out of the theater, and some walk out during the violent parts.

Kate, how did you hurt your back, and how is it doing? After doing all that unpacking I hope that you're taking it easy when you get home. We're supposed to get some of that 50 deg. weather, or possibly close to it, by Monday. Can't wait for it to get here!!!

Hi Barb, Siwa, Candice, :wave:

Take care and enjoy your weekend.
Alice

Siwaoasis
02-27-2004, 10:35 AM
We've been having a good time since DS arrived. Time is going fast. It is a nice change from having my parents here. I love my parents and I realize how lucky I am to still have both of them alive but..............my mom was getting on my nerves and I could see that she was often irritated w/me too. With DS here it almost feels like being home. I guess the feeling of home for me is having my family around. Still having crappy weather--rainy and cool (only 50 yesterday). My sister lives in NC and they had bunches of snow there. Took her 3 hrs to drive home from work. We were thinking of maybe going there on our way home but my little nieces and nephew are having a b'day party on Mar 20 that I don't want to miss. We'll see.

Siwaoasis
02-27-2004, 10:42 AM
ALICE--Congratulations on a long marriage. I've eaten at a Macaroni Grill and I enjoyed it too. I'm not a chocolate person but I do like a good key lime pie so I know how you feel about licking the plate.

ANN--Remind me again how you know the Norwegian family. I love having international guests. It's a little like traveling. Don't think I'm interested in seeing "Passion". I like fun, happy movies and musicals. I can't believe all the stupid stuff people are saying about this movie---"didn't know it would be violent, anti-semetic" etc---it's not like they didn't ever hear the story before. People!!

Lizziepie
02-27-2004, 10:14 PM
Hi everyone:
Siwa: When my youngest daughter was a senior in HS Mona came as an AFS excange student and lived with us for a year. this was in 1974. We have kept in touch all these years, my DD was her maid of honor at her wedding, I sang, they have visited us many times and we have been to their home and to her parents home. We went when their oldest son had his confirmation.
Mona has come with her each of her sons, just the two of them, but hadn't come with their daughter Oda. so this year is her turn, but her Dad is coming too. Mona has MS, and some things are not easy for her, but she has been in remission for a long time, and knows how to care for herself. Terje, her husband flies Captain for SAS Airlines, so they fly standby, and so we don't know exactly when they will get here. We will have a lot of catching up to do, and of course I know they will want to take Oda to Disney.

We went to see 'The Passion' this afternoon. My feeling is that there is a lot of Christian symbolism used, that probably some of the reviewers didn't get. It is a powerful film, and when the scourging gets too intense, there is a flashback which is a relief, and also ties in much of Jesus teaching and prophecies. The actress who plays Mary is wonderful. As is Jim Caviezel, as Jesus. I have been reading a lot about the film in my online issue of Christainity Today and today was really interesting. They were talking about strange things happening on the set, healings and such. I am glad that I saw it, and have found that it has given me a greater appreciation of what Jesus sacrifice really means. There is no hint of anti-semitism, and I believe that all of that press was because of certain agendas that those people had.
Iwasn't sure I wanted to see it, but felt compelled to do so. and am glad I did. Hope that is helpful in some way to you.

Finished our driving class today. it was good, and was a great review for all drivers. . Company tomorrow. Sometime. I'll be back. Ann

Candicej
02-28-2004, 12:49 PM
Lizzie..how was it reading the sub titles in the movie not sure I would like that..gives me a headache!

Made a new fudge WW recipe last night..really good, it is for some friends of mine for their BD's if I don't eat it all before then! :lol:

Off to bed now if I can sleep with the bright sun out today!!!!!!!!!!!!

Katey
02-28-2004, 03:41 PM
Happy weekend everyone!
It's a beautiful sunny, springlike day here :cool: I had some errands to do this morning and saw all sorts of people out walking and bicycling. I intend to get out for a walk too. It's too nice a day to be inside.

Ann: Thank you for sharing your impression of Passion of Christ with us. I've read others comments from those who have seen it and they agree with what you felt. I took the AARP 55 Alive class in the fall. It's worth doing it. We can all use a refresher and the insurance break is good too. Enjoy your company from Norway. It's nice that you've kept in touch all these years.

Siwa: Glad that you're enjoying the time with your DS. It's fun to spend time with young people. Keeps us thinking young. I know how much I enjoy having our youngest at home. Hope the weather situation is improving. NC probably doesn't know what to do with snow. It would be nice if you could stop there for the birthday party. You probably don't get a chance to be around often for those.

Alice: A belated Happy Anniversary! 32 years is a wonderful accomplishment in this day and age. It will be 31 for us in August. We have a Macaroni Grill here and it's one of our favorite places to eat. (Unfortunately I won't be able to go there til after Easter because I gave up pasta for Lent.) We love their bread with the olive oil :T yummy! I didn't realize that they had whole wheat pasta. I'll have to try that the next time. My cold and back are much improved. I went back to Curves, but took it a little easy. You'll have to check out the Curves near you when it opens. How are you doing with exercise and eating?

I lost 2# this week :D That's the first time in a while that I've seen the scale go in that direction.

Take care,
Kate

Lizziepie
02-29-2004, 11:07 PM
Hi all: The sub-titles aren't a problem. With it being in Aramic and Latin it drawns you in, feeling that you are really there. And many of the sub-titles are scripture quotes. Even if you don't read them the film won't lose it's impact.

We are still waiting for our company. Flying on stand-by is very iffy at best. and it makes for us being nervous, and concerned that there might be some sort of problem. Not even a telephone call. Oh well. tomorrow. Ann

Candicej
03-01-2004, 06:05 AM
Here is the fudge recipe if you are interested, it is just was good made another batch last night!

http://www.weightwatchers.com/food/rcp/index.aspx?recipeId=59401

Siwaoasis
03-01-2004, 10:10 AM
DS left last nite and it was kind of sad. We had such a good time and I wanted to show him more but it was back to school, work and snow for him. Now we have a couple days to ourselves before a friend and her mother arrive for a visit. I think we overscheduled ourselves w/visitors. I was afraid I would be bored being here w/o friends so we scheduled lots of visits. Next time we prob won't do that. A couple weeks w/a couple friends would have been enough.

CANDICE--Why is it that you made a 2nd batch of thos brownies???-!-? Did the first batch mysteriously disappear?

KATE--I didn't make myself very clear--my nieces and nephew having the b'day party are in MN and sister is in NC. If we visit sister we will miss the b'day cuz we won't be home in time. We've since decided to skip NC this year and go north on Mar 10. We'll prob tak 7 days or so to drive home tho so we can make some stops on the way.

Lizziepie
03-01-2004, 11:04 PM
Our Company Got Here Tonight And Very Tired. They Had To Leave Norway Later Than They Planned, Hence Didn't Get Here As I Thought They Would. Now We'll Have A Good Time I'm Sure. Ann

Katey
03-02-2004, 12:43 AM
Met a friend for dinner tonight after work. I had two huge glasses of iced tea and a cup of hot tea....now I can't sleep! I'm not used to drinking anything with caffeine at night:yikes:

Ann: Glad your company finally arrived. Have a great time!

Siwa: Sounds like you had a nice visit with your DS. Enjoy your free days til your next round of guests shows up!

The weekend weather was so nice. I spent some time walking around the yard looking at the damage the deer have done this winter. I can't believe how they've eaten almost every bush we have :s: I doubt that some of them will survive. They've been right up on our sidewalk by the front door! Next year I think we'll have to encircle the house with snow fence:lol:

Well, I really need to get to bed although I'm still not feeling tired. Hope everyone is having a good week.

Take care,
Kate

Siwaoasis
03-02-2004, 01:09 PM
KATE--Caffeine has no perceptible affect on me. I'm not a coffee drinker at all--have tasted coffee out of about 5 cups in my life but cannot remember drinking an entire cup. I do drink tea and could easily take a nap or go to bed immediately afterwards. I wouldn't believe the "caffeine prevents sleeping" idea if so many didn't say it is true. What time did you finally fall asleep?

Friend and her mother are arriving today between lunch and dinner. Received a call from them last nite from northern AL. We had 73 degrees yesterday and same predicted for all this week. Finally! tulips, daffodils and magnolias blooming like crazy now and trees beginnig to leaf out. It's so much fun to see spring time twice.

Katey
03-03-2004, 07:00 PM
Good evening,
DH is working late tonight so I'm trying to decide how I'm going to keep away from the kitchen. I've had supper...just green beans and some turkey. I'm full, but I'm craving some sweets tonight...or pasta! This is the first time since the start of Lent that I have the urge to break down and I think it's just because I'm alone. I need to find something to keep occupied so as soon as I finish here I think I'll head to the shower. I bought some scrapbooking items a while back to do some of our trips so maybe I'll pull those out tonight. A friend of mine showed me some that a relative did and they are fabulous. It sparked an interest in doing it. I'd like to take a class, but I haven't found one yet.

Siwa: I've never been a coffee drinker. In fact I'm really not fond of hot drinks except hot chocolate when it's cold. I'll drink tea if I go to a function where that's all they're serving. I like tea, but I never make it for myself at home. I do think caffeine keeps me up if I drink it later in the day...that includes pop (soda) too so when we go out I tend to stick to water. It was about 1 when I finally got to sleep. I was ready for bed early last night. So glad to hear that your weather has warmed up. Hope that you're having fun with your company. It must be so pretty with the flowers and magnolias blooming. I can't wait for that to happen here!

Hi everybody:wave: Hope everyone's doing well! Candice, are you still baking???? :lol: Take a break and drop us a line.

Take care,
Kate

Candicej
03-04-2004, 04:35 AM
Siwa...the fudge is for friends and I made a batch with nuts and one without....but I am sampleing it often!

Kate..good to see you back! we ahve deer eating stuff too..they love my pussy willows!

Lizzie..enjoy your Norway friends:D

Bad few days for pain but better right now....damp and rainey here but a tad warmer so that helps some I'm sure. Washed my hair theother night after DH had put iron out in the water softener and it made it smell funny! Like a perm or medicated powder...so I washed it again tonight......Can't stand smelly hair!

Lizziepie
03-04-2004, 09:22 PM
Hi: Just a quickie. Our guests have gone to Disney and are not back yet. I know that they will be exhausted when they do get here and ready for bed immediately. They aren't quite used to our time either.

Candice: I'm with you. I don't like smelly hair and I can harly wait after I have a perm to wash it, and of course you can't do it for 48 hrs.

Siwa: Spring is wonderful where ever we are. And it is different in each area. Hope you and your company are having a nice time. I guess you'll soon be heading back.

Kate: I am just like you with the caffiene - but now I am just a totally de-caffinated person. If the choices all have caffiene, I just drink water. I have spent too many sleepless nights, and now because of health reasons C. is not on my list of things to enjoy. Hope you were strong and kept away from the sweets.

Barb: How are things with you. Texas girl scouts made out news. Those parents were within their rights to express how they feel. I wish more parents would take a stand.

Have any of you seen the 'Movie' yet? I want to know what you think. See you another day. Ann

Katey
03-05-2004, 08:52 PM
3# gone this week....yippee :D I needed that.

Ann: I was able to keep away from the sweets and pasta so it was a good night. I must be shrinking my stomach because I seem to get full fast. I had a fish sandwich tonight and some coleslaw and now my stomach is bothering me. No, haven't seen the movie.

Candice: Hope the weather gets warmer for you so it helps your pain. Our temps have been mild all week, some rain today. It's supposed to get quite windy tomorrow. How is your DS doing in med school?

Hi Siwa and Barb:wave: Have a good weekend! Alice, where are you????

Take care,
Kate

Siwaoasis
03-05-2004, 09:11 PM
The last of our guests left this morning. Whew! Now I can get back to my regular eating plan. I loved having all the guests but all the dining out played havoc w/my eating. Won't weigh myself til I'm home even tho I have my scale here w/me. I don't want to discourage myself w/a number so I'll just be good for the next 2 weeks. Now we have 4 days on our own and no plans to do anything.

We returned to Bellingrath Garden today to see how the flowers had come out after some warm temps. The tulips and daffodils were out in fine form. It was 80 and extremely humid. Today we just made the decision to return next year. We'll see later if we actually do return.

KATE--You're doing so well with losing. Keep it up and you'll reach your goal in no time.

ANN--Now it's your turn to host guests. Have a great time with them. I didn't hear the girl scout story. Can you brief us?

ageoldie
03-05-2004, 10:32 PM
I can't believe it's been so long since I''ve posted here. But remember how I kept saying things had to get better once the loan was finalized? Well, if I had only know. Alvin & Mark are staying tied up all the time at the new building. The construction is done, and all the equipment is in and just this week they started making parts (starting out with hoods) But that has left me to "run" things at the office. I have had to take over a lot of the duties Alvin did, and added to the ones I already did, I don't' have time to even think strait, much less play on the computer, and when I get home, I''m brain dead.

The plants we planted have really done good in all this rain we''ve been having. That is all but the one''s I planted in the flower box on the front porch. Those have been flatten out by neighboring cats sleeping on them!

I got kicked out of the second research study too. It was because of my Sjorgren, and the meds i take for them. I made an appointment to see my PCP to talk to her about what I can do. I watch what I eat, I exercise every day, I take my vitamins & supplements, I get plenty of sleep, but I still can''t loose anything. I am at an all time high. I''m beginning to wonder if maybe I have developed diabetics or something.

I sent another email to Berniece at the email addy she said she would be using after they got to Florida, but never heard back from her. Anyone heard from Mona?
We are going out of town tomorrow to a compettior/vendor/customer's open house. Shoud be interesting. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

P.S. Siwa: I am a BIG coffee drinker, and caffine didn't bother me either, until just a couple of years ago. Now if I drink coffee later than mid afternoon, I can''t sleep at all. Bummer...

PPS (or is it PSS) I saw the Passion of the Christ last Thursday night. I am glad I saw it, but it is not something I''d want to see again.

aleka
03-06-2004, 09:09 AM
Good morning,

Last week we went down to the realtors (who is working for the buyers) office to sign yet more extension papers. This time it's extended out to May 1st. I really don't mind because nothing can be done before then. My girlfriend, who is also my RE agent told me that I have the option of pulling out of the sale if they want another extension. Which, I think I will do because the summer season will be approaching and I can put it back on the market. My girlfriend told me that there is someone else who is interested in the property if this sale falls through. DH & I have decided to spend a few weeks in FL next month and visit his parents. While we are there we're going to look around for either a house or condo and relocate to FL. We haven't had any work since Dec. so we've decided to close the machine shop and start over, and decided that if we have to start over it will be in a warmer climate. This winter was very hard on both of us.

Kate, congratulations on your 3 lb. weight loss. :cp: That's fantastic!!! I need my caffiene in the morning, but the rest of the day I drink decaf. I just finished Ken Follett's new book, The Flight of the Hornet (I think that's what it's called). It was so good that I could not put it down. Those are the books I like. It's a WW II spy thriller. Have you been having these mild temps? It's been in the 40's here and it's supposed to reach 50 today. We did get rain overnight last night.

Ann, my girlfriend saw the movie with her DIL and is going again with someone from either her church or work. She is glad she saw it. Enjoy your company.

Barb, you sound really busy. Maybe the medication you're on is stopping you from losing weight. That's a good idea about talking it over with your PCP.

Siwa, glad you had a good time with all your company. Now you can get back to your normal routine.

Candice, hope you're feeling better and don't hurt as much.

Enjoy your Saturday.
Alice

Katey
03-06-2004, 01:59 PM
Just got back from Curves. I really pushed myself today and boy am I sweaty. When I go during the week, I'm there with 2 friends and we do a lot of talking. I think I tend to slack off then.

Alice: It's good that you have another option for your cottage. You've waited quite a while for that deal to go through. I'm so sorry to hear that you've had a rough winter. I hope that moving to Florida offers a new opportunity for you and your DH. I know you'll enjoy the weather more than in NH, but it was always nice to know that there was another northeasterner here to commiserate with over the weather. I'm going to Media Play today because I have to return something and I have some coupons. I'm hoping to find some good books at a great deal :D

Barb: I know how discouraging it is to feel like you're doing all the right things and still the weight doesn't come off. I've had that talk with my doctor too. Do you eat a lot of carbs? Since I gave up pasta and sweets for Lent, I've lost 5#. My doctor recommended eating 3 meals and 2 snacks a day with some protein at each. I just think that at this stage of my life carbs work against me.

Siwa: Glad that you have some time on your own before you have to head back home. Some of my bulbs are starting to poke their little heads through :) I'm far from goal, but just happy to see some loss. I need to keep the motivation going. Once you get home it will go better for you.

Ann: When will your guests be leaving? Now that Barb has seen the movie, you'll have someone to discuss it with.

Candice: I have a feeling you're baking :D

I have an email address for Mona. I should give that a try again.

Tonight we're going to a friend's for dinner. I said I'd bring dessert that way I won't feel bad not eating it.

Take care,
Kate

Siwaoasis
03-07-2004, 12:08 PM
KATE--What a great idea--your bringing the dessert. I'd never thought of that. Thanks.

Lizziepie
03-08-2004, 07:45 PM
Our company has gone, I have finished the laundry and now I am ready to put my feet up and relax. See you tomorrow. Ann

Candicej
03-09-2004, 02:38 AM
I'm on my 4th day of no sugar...just fruit unsweetend, boy this is hard, terrible withdrawal...not sure how long I can keep this up, just wanted to see if I could give it a go and jump start my losing again..can you believe it... 4 days no cookies!

Cleaned under beds and fridge today and now I am sore from standing on my head using the sweeper! The gal that helps me was here today, but she never does those jobs good enough, I can still see dirt when she is done and I hate telling her to redo it so I do it myself! She did run the sweeper through the rest of the house and we got my sons room ready for him over spring break. I have to check over eveything she does, if I am not right there with her. Too picky, I know.........

'Creamy' fruit salad

1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
1 can (8 1/4 ounces) water-packed peaches, drained
1 can (8 ounces) water-packed pineapple chunks, drained
4 ounces fat-free cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
4 tablespoons shredded coconut, toasted

In a decorative serving bowl, combine all of the fruit. In a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, yogurt, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add it to the fruit and mix well. Serve chilled, topped with toasted coconut.

Yield: 4 servings

Nutritional Analysis Modified
Calories 145
Dietary fiber (grams) 3
Fat (grams) 2
Percent calories from fat 12
Percent polyunsaturated* 0
Percent saturated* 12
Percent monounsaturated* 0
Cholesterol (milligrams) Trace
Sodium (milligrams) 190
Protein (grams) 7
Carbohydrate (grams) 25
*Type of fat

Note: People with diabetes or those on calorie-controlled diets may count one serving as 1 fruit, 1 skim milk.

Siwaoasis
03-09-2004, 12:39 PM
We're packing today for a morning departure tomorrow. Funny how a couple weeks ago I was so looking forward to being home again and now that the time is here I hate to leave. Part of the reason is that the weather is so nice now. Sunny every day and 60's-70's. We have to be out by 11 am tomorrow so the eating out will begin at lunch today. We'll be taking about 10 days to go home. We want to stop in a few northern AL towns and then whatever else we find along the way. I may not be able to log on while traveling but we always try to find a hotel w/internet capabilities.

ANN--Seems like your guests came and went very fast. I think you had a nice visit nonetheless.

CANDICE--I, for one, can't believe you've not had any cookies is so long. Is your wt up? I thought you were at your goal.

Candicej
03-10-2004, 01:05 AM
Siwa...Up my usual winter time weight! I am just 1 over goal and have to nip it before it gets out of control. It is a never ending battle...if I could stay out of the cookies it would not be a problem! Day 5 of no sugar and no cookies!

Katey
03-10-2004, 09:01 PM
This morning we awoke to a heavy frost and fog. Everything just sparkled. It was a beautiful drive to work...looked like a fairyland.

Candice: You're doing well staying away from sugar and cookies for 5 days. That sugar withdrawal can be difficult. Sounds like you have a jump on spring cleaning. Spring is officially here pretty soon.

Siwa: You must be on your way back home. Have a safe trip. Too bad that you have to leave now that the weather is getting nice. Bringing dessert did work well. I ate a normal dinner and was able to say no thanks when it was time for dessert. Two weeks into this and still going :D

Ann: Are you rested up yet? I've been wondering, are you still doing Southbeach? We have so many new members at Curves. Today for a while all the spots were filled. They say we might be getting another machine soon.

I came home to find a lovely basket filled with daffodils, crocus, and tulips from our neighbors for watching their house when they were away. I love it... it brings a much needed feeling of spring into the house.

Hi Barb and Alice:wave: Hope your week is going well!

Take care,
Kate

Candicej
03-11-2004, 03:18 AM
Day 6 of nothing"bad" to eat...but DS will be here over break and he loves sweets!

Katey...the basket sound beautiful...I can smell them now! No spring cleaning just doing what needs to be done, still having lady bug problems and we never do in the spring. I'm not sure what we need to do to keep them form coming in so much. I'm tired of always sweeping them up dead or alive!

Siwaoasis
03-12-2004, 12:51 AM
2 days on the road and all the further we are is Birmingham AL. Toured in Selma and Montgomery today. Tomorrow is Helen Keller's house and then on to Nashville. The blooming Bradford pears are glorious.

KATE--How nice to receive a basket of blooming spring. Soon you'll be seeing the same outside.

CANDICE--You're so wise to keep your wt under check so carefully. It's so easy to say--it's only 5 lbs, I can lose that--and then go on to gain even more.

Siwaoasis
03-12-2004, 11:46 PM
Finally out of AL this evening. We're staying in Nashville. We're not country music fans so we won't be staying that long. Want to see the home of Andrew Jackson and a chapel at Vanderbilt Univ dedicated to a relative of DH. It's getting colder by the mile. 45 at 8 pm today. Haven't seen my breath in a long time. Toured Helen Kellers home today--interesting guided tour. Did you know there's a Braille US flag? new to me.

Katey
03-13-2004, 07:37 PM
Hi all,
Sunny but cold and windy here today. The wind goes right through you. I had banking and errands to run. Went to Curves first...that makes 4 times this week!

Siwa: You're seeing some interesting places on your way back north. Never heard of a Braille flag. Have you ever been to Athens? We're going there in April for 10 days.

Candice: If you figure out how to discourage the ladybugs, let me know. We've had them again too. When is your DS getting home?

I didn't have a weight loss this week. That's ok I'm still down 5#. I think I may have to start counting WW points again.

Hi to Alice, Barb, and Ann:wave: Enjoy what's left of the weekend.

Take care,
Kate

Siwaoasis
03-14-2004, 12:15 AM
We made it to KY today, but not far into it--just as far a Bowling Green. The Andrew Jackson house and grounds were just too interesting. We're just 60 miles closer to home but it's not a problem. We're finding hotels w/internet most nites.

KATE--We stopped for the nite in Athens on our way down. What will you be doing there?

Looking forward to a strict eating plan once I arrive home. It will feel good to lose and, boy, do I ever need to!

Candicej
03-14-2004, 07:34 AM
Siwa..you sure do enjoy your traveling! I was on ebay looking at coffee makers and this one person had abuch of egyptian stuff listed, had to think of you!

katey..I just keep the portable sweeper handy and suck them up..its a real pain! DS should be here by Monday....he wasn't sure if he was stopping to see friends.

I am so bloated from too much salt, we do not use any table salt and when I get in packaged food I just hang on to it all!

Haven't given into the sugar thing yet, but wanting it more and more, that is why I do not usually limit myself , anything and everything in moderation I think is the key. I'm trying to wait untill I show a loss before I start back up. I do not think doing without sugar stops my cravings but makes me want it more, just have to learn to limit my cookies!

Siwaoasis
03-15-2004, 11:31 AM
CANDICE--Once again we stayed in Champaign on our way home so we were again an hour from you. When we are this close to home we want to arrive there asap so I didn't contact you for a possible meeting.

Starting to get cool temps now that we're nearing the northland. No snow tho. Not sure what we'll find at home. DS says there's just a little around the edges and that when it snows now it melts as soon as it falls. Can tulips be far behind?

Yesterday we stopped at Lincoln's boyhood home in Indiana. There's not much left there, it's just known that it was the spot. We decided against Springfield because we could not make it before dark. Prob no stops today.

Katey
03-15-2004, 08:45 PM
I just got finished listening to the news. I'm already sick of hearing Kerry and Bush attack each other. And this goes on til November...yuck:mad:

Siwa: I misled you. I was thinking about your travels abroad and was wondering if you've ever been to Athens, Greece. We're going there in April because our older son will be there. You're almost home! I hope you don't get the storm that we're supposed to be getting tomorrow. They're talking possibly a foot of snow:yikes:

Candice: I agree with you about everything in moderation. There are times I can't seem to follow that, but it's usually due to stress. I work on making myself aware of why I'm eating and try not to eat unless I'm hungry.

Hey, Ann, Barb, and Alice...where are you? Miss your posts!

Take care,
Kate

Siwaoasis
03-17-2004, 07:35 PM
Home again, home again. We arrived Monday nite. I've been busy getting the house back into the order in which I like to live. Sure doesn't take long to break all my nails. 3 gone already. Haven't made it to Curves yet but plan to before the week is up.

KATE--I couldn't figure out why you'd be in Athens, AL for 10 days unless you had friends/relatives there. I was in Athens, Greece, in 1984--loooooonnnng time ago. I suppose it's changed in 20 years--LOL. I saw some things I'd always wanted to see in the museum and Delphi. I loved my trip there on a bus and the scenery from there was amazing. I found more disagreable people in Greece than in any other country--esp when they found out I was American. Loved the food and had a great time anyway. Also went to the island of Mykonos. Great time there tooling around in a rented jeep. Good memories. You'll have a great time. Do you like lamb? I love Gyros and tsadsiki. May be somewhat cool in April.

Katey
03-20-2004, 10:48 AM
Happy first day of spring everyone! And here we sit with lots of snow on the ground:mad: Well, I'm sure it won't be long and we'll see more and more signs of spring...ever the optimist! This morning on my way to Curves I saw a huge number (like hundreds!) of geese in a corn field.

Siwa: You're home! How is the weather situation there? Have you started back to Curves yet or are you still getting the house in order? I need to start getting my house in order so I can leave:lol: I've eaten lamb, but not in a very long time. I'm usually not too fussy an eater so I shouldn't have a problem with the food. I hope the people have changed. But being an american now might not be a popular thing.

Sure is quiet around here. Where is everyone? We're leaving for PA in a little while to see some friends. I'll check in tomorrow when I get back. No weight loss again this week, but at least I'm staying the same.

Take care,
Kate

aleka
03-20-2004, 11:04 AM
We have closed our machine shop. DH called our vendors to tell them. Some were surprised and some weren't. He also called one machine shop that does some work for us to let him know and he told DH that he may not be very far behind us in closing his shop too. He also said that he knows of a couple of machine shops that are going under. We're heading for FL in a few weeks, and while we're down there we'll be scouting around looking at houses, and if the cottage sells then we'll buy something.

Kate, we still have snow too. Did you get a lot of snow earlier in the week? We only got about 3" and that was 3" too much :D We had on and off flurries most of the week. They say we might see more snow by tomorrow morning.

Siwa, glad you're home safely. Was there much snow on the ground when you arrived home?

Hi everyone :wave:

Enjoy your weekend.
Alice

Siwaoasis
03-22-2004, 01:35 PM
You know, I didn't miss all this housework AT ALL while I was gone. Since I'd paid the bills ahead for 3 months I didn't have that to deal with either and that very relaxed lifestyle suited me just fine. I like being active around the house, it's just the grunt work I dislike. Had a good time yesterday at the nieces' and nephew's b'day party. The now 6 yr old looked like she'd grown 2" since I saw her at Christmas. The 6, 7 and 8 yr olds were quite toothless. Gosh, it's sure fun watching them grow up, esp when I don't have to be involved in the day to day of it. This must be kind of like having grandchildren. The girls will come over for an overnite during their spring break. That's always fun for all of us.

Siwaoasis
03-22-2004, 01:46 PM
Still concerned about losing long posts so that's why I'm doing 2-----------------

KATE--I started back at Curves last Thur. There are only about 3 machines that made me feel the pain. Upper body machines. They have a new machine again. Now there are 14 machines. The new machine makes us bend left and rt at the waist. Not much snow when we arrived last week. Just as DS said--around the edges of yards where the plow had piled it high. Then it snowed a couple inches and was clinging to everything the next morning. It was gorgeous and GONE by 10:00am. Have had 40's and even more of that edge snow melted. RE:Greek American relations---The Greeks have not like Americans for a long time and I think it's almost a traditions now. Just as in all countries you'll find nice and not so nice people. I think you'll have a fabulous time there.

ALICE--No snow in the forecast and most is gone now. Evev some 50's in the near future. No "REAL" signs of spring yet.

Katey
03-24-2004, 08:54 PM
Hi all,
We had sad news last night. Our friends that we visited in PA last weekend have a DIL who was expecting. Her due date was Saturday. She had 20 hrs. of labor Monday and they decided to take the baby by caesarian. Something went wrong...they severed an artery or cut her uterus too deep and she began bleeding very heavily. They've given her 2 liters of blood and she's may have to get more tonight. She already went through a second surgery. If she's still bleeding they'll have to do a hysterectomy. What an ordeal she's been through. It would mean a lot to me if you could keep Sheri in your prayers.

Alice: I'm sorry to hear about your machine shop. It must be very hard for you, but what wonderful new opportunities are open to you. You and your DH both dislike the cold so Florida should be a perfect move for you. I'm sure your in-laws would welcome you being closer. I hope you find just what you're looking for when you visit and I will keep my fingers crossed that the sale of your cottage goes through soon. We had a foot of snow with the storm last week. It pretty much had melted and then we got 3 inches yesterday. Today it rained and it was up near 60:yikes: weird, weird, weird.

Siwa: Glad that you had fun at the birthday party. It's nice that you live close and are able to enjoy your nieces and nephew. Kids keep you young. You have a few more machines at Curves than we do. We're supposed to be getting another soon. I think it's the one that you described...bending left and right. I'm hoping that the people in Greece are more receptive to tourists since they're hosting the summer olympics in August.

Ann, Barb, and Candice: Is everything okay? It's been a while since we've heard from all of you. I hope it's just from being busy.

Looks like I may have lost another # :D I sneaked a peek today. I've been trying to weigh just once a week, but I couldn't resist.

Take care,
Kate

aleka
03-25-2004, 08:48 AM
Good morning,

Kate, I am so sorry about your friends' DIL. What a tragic thing to happen in someone so young. I hope everything will turn out ok so she won't have to have a hysterectomy. I will definitely keep her in my prayers. Please let me know how things turn out. Congratulations on you weight loss!! :high: :cp: Are you still staying away from pasta and sweets? If so, it's working very well for you. It's great once you take sugar out of your diet. You wouldn't believe how many foods have hidden sugars in them. You really did get a lot of snow in that storm. I am very thankful it stayed well to the south of us, as did the second storm. Our temps haven't been all that great, but hopefully by the weekend they'll be warmer. My IL's are only in FL during the winter months. They are a riot, everytime they go out they ride around looking at houses for us, plus every week my MIL sends the weekend RE section to us. :lol: Our move is very scary and exciting at the same time. I hope everything goes as planned.

Siwa, glad that your snow melted so soon. Our's has melted from the last couple of storms, but we still have a lot to go. Actually, we didn't get as much snow this winter as we usually get. Glad that you had a good time at the birthday party. It's amazing how kids change when you don't see them for awhile. We have a Curves that just opened up last week in the town next to me. I may see about it when we get back from FL. I was surprised that one opened in that town because I didn't think there would be enough interested people to support one, as it's a very poor town.

Hope you all have a lovely day.
Alice

Lizziepie
03-25-2004, 10:54 AM
Hi Everyone: Things have been busy around here, and then we were away for a few days at Bonita Springs to visit DH brother and SIL. We sure don't want to live down there is South Fl. The traffic is unbelieveable. I'll never complain about our traffic here. It tooks us 45 minutes to drive about 6 miles one day. bumper to bumper, just barely moving. :(

I have been trying to catch up on all the posts.
Siwa: Glad you are home safe and sound. I think you had an interesting return trip. I enjoy museums, etc. but since lately we have been traveling with our little dog, it is hard for us to take in some of those neat places. It is not possible to leave her in the car, as usually it is too hot.

Alice: If I remember correctly your family is in the Fort Myers area. The weather is great, and the winter traffice is horrendous. So I guess there has to be a trade-off, but we are content where we are. We aren't great beach goers, and we have found everything that we need right here in Central Fl. I think the building craze is going on all over Fl right now.

Candice: I wish i could be as disciplined with food as you are. Even if you do talk about cookies alot. I know what you mean about salt. I don't use salt either, and then when we go out to eat, or I get something ready prepared I can plan to hold on to a couple of lbs of water. Chinese food is the worst.

Kate: Sorry about your friends DD. I hope that she will not have to have the hysterectomy. I think that Dr. should be liable for mal-practice. Most usually in todays world, a C section is not too complicated. Is the baby okay? Glad we aren't in N.Y. now. We are so happy to be away from snow and all that goes with it. Especially all the April mud.

I am finally getting used to not haveing so much to do. I have almost relaxed too much, as I have forgotten to do some things that I should have done. but I think now I am settled into a more normal life. My DH loves the fact that the telephone isn't ringing all the time. :lol:

Hope to see you tomorrow. :wave: Ann