Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2004, 10:37 PM   #1  

Default BowFlex

Has anyone tried or have a Bowflex or similiar..my dh wants to get one for me and I want to get some views..I LOVE weightlifting and find it really helps to tone me up

Thanks much!
Old 02-18-2004, 02:06 PM   #2  
Uber-Moderator!!

I've never used one myself, but heard good things about them.

BTW...if you want to get a good deal - check the PennySaver or classifeds in your area (dunno if you're in a Craigslist.org area but if you are, check 'em out - good deals) - people are always selling used exercise equipment and the Bowflex is no exception - I just did a Craigslist search in my area and found them listed anywhere from $300 (Bowflex Power Pro) to $1500 (Bowflex Ultimate).
Old 02-18-2004, 02:52 PM   #3  
Meg

Just FYI -- there's a recall on certain Bowflex models http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36308 so if you go the used route, check out your model #.
Old 02-18-2004, 10:02 PM   #4  
Mel

I've used one a few times, but don't own one. Setting it to change between exercises was an immense pain in the rear. Maybe if I used it more frequently, it would be easier as I became more intimately acquainted with the machine, but even its owner decided it was more cumbersome than it was worth. Makes an interesting clothes tree, tho.

Mel
Old 02-19-2004, 08:20 AM   #5  
Peace with body and soul

I love mine! Its saved me from having to go to a gym, which I like almost as much as going to a gyno. YUCK! I don't find it any more difficult to reset than some gym machines or even changing plates on a barbell. It folds up nicely into a corner when not in use, but since its used almost daily, its been given a spot of its own to stay ready 24/7. I use it along with dumbells and barbells of course.

My bf and I are thinking about adding the Bowflex Extreme to our collection..LOVE that machine and then we won't fight over the PowerPro we have! If you get one, get the squat attachment and the Lat bar and you'll never have to head to the gym again!

There are some recalls on older machines so if you buy a used one, check that out. Bowflex is a good company and has provided repair and extra warranty for any models involved in the recall.
Old 02-20-2004, 06:34 PM   #6  

HI Mindi

Iam with you..I have a weight machine now and I find THAT a pain in the rear to change weights etc..and the bowflext looks so much more easier to use and I think I would have MORE desire to use it if I had one

I know that Weider has come out with their own version so I shall see..expensive as they are still cheaper in the long run than going to the gym
Old 02-21-2004, 09:03 AM   #7  
Peace with body and soul

I like it MysticGrace, because if that 'urge' to work out (haha) comes over me, I can just walk over the Bow and do it, even if its late or really early w/out having to get dressed and drive. Since I'm in a rural area, that's a big deal!

Weider make the Crossbow and while I kind like the Platinum Crossbow, I'd not spend 500 bucks for the cheaper model, it uses cords and I don't like the looks of the longevity of them. Plus the Platinum can be upped or downed in poundage just by adjusting the computer! I like that a lot! Would love to try one!

Point is, any piece of exercise equip. is only as good as how much its used. If you decide to get a Bow, I don't think you'll be disappointed in it. Be aware though that if you can lift pretty heavy now w/dumbells and barbells? The Bow will humble you fast. LOLOL It did ME!
Old 02-21-2004, 10:13 AM   #8  
it's always something

The BowFlex is the "today's special value" on QVC, for about $583 plus shipping, and it's on ezpay, pay it in 3 monthly payments.
Old 02-21-2004, 10:13 AM   #9  

Default Hi Mindi again

Hi again

Iam use to lifting heavy weights,I love the feeling of sorenes after,tells me my muscles are working and getting strong...strange as it may seem when I was going to a gym I LOVED the burn and the sweating

Iam in a rural area too and the only thing they have around here are the 30 min type gyms....circuit training which I dont believe in..when iam lifting weights I like to take my time and concentrate on each and every lift..not power lift then move on..

I think there is a greater chance of injury when someone circuit trains..especially those that have never lifted a weight before or used a weight machine.....with weight lifting its a matter of slow moving and getting each move right in order to be the most effective

I do have a weight machine now but its useless..jsut one of the cheapest Weider makes..and I hate it...my Best friend told me that she would use my bowflex and I could go to her house and use her treadmill Instant gym LOL

Thanks for your thoughts!

PS I can get POWERPRO XTL W/LEG, LAT, BOWFLEX, MAT & T-SHIRT For $1779 Canadian..is that a good deal?

Last edited by MysticGraces; 02-21-2004 at 10:25 AM.
Old 02-21-2004, 11:03 AM   #10  
Peace with body and soul

Wow, Suzanne, the Q has a good price on it! I'll have to see which one they're selling!

Hey Mystic, I didn't get a tshirt so you're already one better! LOL Let me know if you get it!
Closed Thread