Carb Counters - A question?

View Full Version : A question?

cathyxxx
02-17-2004, 01:28 PM
Has anybody here being doing Atkins for longer then 6 months?
and if so, are you still losing weight???
thanks,
cathy

StarPrincess
02-17-2004, 01:39 PM
Yes and yes.

The weight loss is much slower now, but I'm still losing both pounds and inches. It's been 7 months and I've lost 58 pounds and 9 1/2 inches off my waist alone!

Of course, that includes a lot of exercise, too. ;)

The best thing for me is that this has gone from a woe to a wol. It's easy for me now and doesn't take much thought or or effort. Of course, my violent reaction to sugar helps me stay on plan, too!

cathyxxx
02-19-2004, 11:49 AM
just wanna move this back up to the top.
anybody else been on atkins for longer then 6 months besides Leenie and Star?
just wondering.
thanks,
cathy

Tummy Girl
02-19-2004, 06:27 PM
I'm at 8 months now and am still losing fairly regularly about 2 pounds a week but that's with a hour of exercise 5 days a week and strength training 3 times a week. It has slowed down from 4lbs a week but I'm still very pleased with how things are moving. I'm very similar to star in the fact that I have now moved into the wol mentality where I no longer view this as a quick fix for anything, if I stall for a few weeks I don't get concerned because with doing this for the rest of forever a few weeks is not a worry anymore, it will come off eventually.

Tummy

Kim in NJ
02-19-2004, 06:34 PM
Yes and No....
Still following it regularly - BUT I've been found to be cheating every so often now which I didn't do between July and October last year. I've been stuck within the same 5 lbs. since Oct. BUT I'm not exercising regularly like I should be. Just doing induction for 2 weeks isn't cutting it anymore - I think I need to get serious about exercising. I could eat perfect for weeks but the scale doesn't budge...man do I HATE THAT!

OOPS - forgot to mention the most important thing though. Even though I am still within the same 5 lbs. my clothing size continues to drop. I was in a 26/28 and now my top is a 1X (or between an 18/20) My bottom half is a 22 because of my low hanging belly. My legs are beautifully thin! :lol:

Khem
02-20-2004, 01:23 AM
I don't really count because I was not doing atkins before--but I was doing a reduced carb diet very similiar to what is described in Atkins For Life (Pre-maintainence and Maintainence phases). I did lowish carb for 5 months, atkins for 2=7 months :D Ok, ok, i know, not the same as 7 months of all atkins :P

Am I still losing weight? ummm good question. I lost 7 pounds in month one of atkins after being stalled out and cheating on my old plan. Now the scale went back up a tad and is holding still again. I do believe in the concept of set weights at which people naturally stall. I have been this weight many, many times and hated looking at the same number week after week. What it came down to was this: I LOVE Low carb food, I LOVE my energy level, and I LOVE not being hungry. Would I trade my stall for high carb nutso weight gain and mood swings?!!! never! I can easily put on 10 pounds a month while eating carbs and junk and attempting to eat like everyone else...I think a stall sounds lovely compared to that!