Support Groups - Scale Addicts Anonymous #5

View Full Version : Scale Addicts Anonymous #5

Hotsplashes
02-16-2004, 03:05 PM
Here we are...on Thread #5...there's only 4 of us left but boy are we are a good bunch..And we're always glad to have new folks!!! Hopefully Leanne will be over her AMsickness so we can hear how she's doing soon!~ And then Tulip will get a new puter so she can post without having to listen to chugachuggachugga!lol Grassie is still on her detoxing diet to rid her body of nasty allergies and such. And there's me...who's off to my first session with a private trainer so I can get motivated like the rest of the Scale Ladies!!

Hope to see newbies in here soon!

little grasshopper
02-17-2004, 08:20 AM
Hi guys!!! Sorry I've been MIA for a few. Things have been hectic here. It's snowing like crazy right now. Wasn't suppose to start until tonight but here it is.

TF - congratulations for quitting your job!! I'm glad you're strong enough and smart enough to realize a bad situation and get the heck out! I'm finally learning. This is the last week at the bad job. :) yeah!!!!

HS - how was the training session? Learn anything new and exciting?? Do share! :) I've been on the couch for a few days. I came off the diet for Vday. The plan was to just cheat for one meal. I'm mostly back on now - not quite though. I gained 3 pounds of water but I know it's water. If I could just behave myself it will fall back off. I liked seeing such a low number on my scales.

OHHHHHH - I get to go shopping for new scales!! (I'm waaaayyyy past denial about my addiction) I'm moving in May and the scales I use are roomates. I'm very excited about the whole deal. :)

I'll write more this afternoon when I get to second job. Looks like school is canceled for tonight. I'm never going to graduate at this rate.......free massages for all - cause I can't charge until I GRADUATE!

Have a great day guys!!!!

Hotsplashes
02-17-2004, 09:07 AM
Tulip has started a trend! I quite my job yesterday. Working 6 days week 4 of them usually 18 to 20 hour days was just too much. And i just couldn't stop feeling like I was completely lying to myself that I was helping these horses. Yah. Helping them to hurt themselves more. I can't believe how much better I feel today!

:D :D :D :D

Grassie, water weight is the easiest to lose. And you deserved to go off for Vday! And more snow? DON"T send it this way please!lol Glad to know you are joining the ranks of Stand Up Scale Addicts with Tulip and Me! My first session with the trainer kinda sucked. All she could do was talk about how she's becoming a pro cyclist now and how it sucks not to be making money. Yet she charges 50 dollars a session. Needless to say I won't be going back to her.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tulip! How goes your day so far? It would be around 2pm your time as i type this. What kind of job will you be looking for? Was the guy that bad? How awful. I've had bosses like that. It's like being inprison! Hope you find something you enjoy! How's the kids and Ozzie? How's the weather in Merry Ole' England? Hope all goes well!

;) ;) ;)

Today is relax day and enjoy myself day. Gonna do the regular chores such as housecleaning and laundry. BUt I'm going to take my time. And catch up on some much needed reading too! Have a lovely day folks!

RavenToy
02-17-2004, 09:30 AM
HS! Pardon me for sticking my nose in here - you quit! Wow! What are you going to do now? I'll just skulk back to my thread now. :D

little grasshopper
02-17-2004, 01:57 PM
Raven Toy - you don't have to skulk anywhere! You could always dust off the scales and join us :) And if you have a job you want to quit - it's highly fashionable on this board......all 3 or the 4 of us have now quit our jobs and started working out. what's next ? :)

HS - I'm glad for you. Especially if you were having such guilt over the poor horsies! Have you thought about what you want to do now? Sounds like you're a very educated, highly motivated person. I hope you find something you can love as much as you love the animals. Sounds like you were making your boss a nice chunk of change - especially for a hobby!!!! Enjoy your relaxation today!

TF - how is the stress level today? And yes, how are the puppy, and the family? Still boozin it up in England :) :) I ate Taco Bell for lunch - I have NO ROOM to tease.

Took Doggie to the vet today. He has an inner ear infection and is depressed. All the time at work and school is leaving my poor doggie all alone too much! I am trying to work out a deal with doggie day care so he can have play dates. Never thought I'd send my doggie to day care, but I can't stand that he's this sad either. It's only 2 more months, AND I have mornings with him now too. He needs a friend. When I graduate I'm getting one for him (and me).

Oh, and he is the newest official member of the website - he's 5 pounds overweight!! Poor guy! He is an Aussie and he weighs 68 pounds. Very big (tall) frame though. The worst part was that I couldn't get him to stand still on the scales alone so I had to get on them with him - our two weights combines was SCARY! I'll be good from NOW ON!

By for now! HS congrats again!! TS you too! I worked my last day today!! :) Yippie!!!! Do we need to change our name or what??

Tulip-Fairy
02-17-2004, 06:19 PM
WE ARE ALL NOW UN-EMPLOYED...SO HAVE SO MUCH MORE TIME TO WEIGH OURSELVES!!! YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!
I vote that we chance our name to Unemployed scales addicts no longer anon...!!!! or something...LMAO!!!

Welcome Raven Toy...we love all our memebers here but need some new blood, who are not tooooooo addicted to their scales (!!!) or giving up their jobs or mad on their animals so.......what can you bring to the group???? anything...honest....it doesn't have to be much to get us interested...after a while you too will be doing things the same...even your menstrual cycle will be the same...lol!!!...(HS- hope that bit hasn'nt put her off...lol!!!) don't sulk somewhere else...please sulk here with us...we need more friends!!!!!! (hey guys...how sad does that sound??? but we do need more fweeeends!!!!!

Spalshes...WAY TO GO GIRL....!!!!!!

Tulip-Fairy
02-17-2004, 06:35 PM
OH MY PUTER IS PLAYIN UP...!!!!

That last post, went and posted itself without me knowing!!! why?????

any way as i was saying..well done HS - U gave up your job??...WOW..do you feel better?? I do!! but it still makes me feel like...have i done the right thing?! But i do feel better..life is way too short to do stuff that you really don't need to do!! what are you going to do now??

GRASSIE...DOGGIE DAY CARE?? WOW we haven't got that over here yet..maybe that's my next business venture..is it big over there??? Doggie day care sounds a big U.S.A for the UK market...but hey tell me more...bet your dog benifits from it!!! don't feel bad about putting the dog on the scales... my oldest - Claire - weight Ozzy today..she had to stand on the scales first then with him ..he weighs 5lbs!!! sorry, which is what your doggie is over weight...has your doggie, eaten my doggie???!" LOL

Its late.. I need my beauty sleep, so will talk more tomorrow...Love you all.. but must sleep..see you all tomorrow as it is half term and i'm around with the kiddies all week!!

Keep off those scales girlies..I will be back tomorow to check up on you all!!
Tulip
~x~

RavenToy
02-17-2004, 06:40 PM
*lol* I don't know what I can bring to the thread.. lets see, I'm a scale addict, definitely. I'm stupid about my animals, all 452,618,392 of them.... ok, maybe not that many it just seems that way. But! Ha! I am not quitting my job! I was going to, but they gave me the raise I asked for, so I decided to stay.

My latest addiction seems to be running. Er.. or my imitation thereof. I do weights because I feel obligated to do so, but I hear the treadmill call my name in my sleep, I swear.

Thank you for the nice welcome. :)

Tulip-Fairy
02-17-2004, 06:53 PM
we must be online at the same time Toy..as i've just got your message!!!!!!

Running??? YOU DO EXCERCISE????? TRAITOR...YOU HVE TO ASK PERMISSION AND INVITE US ALONG TOO!!! Ok - or.....you could motivate us to do some??? what do you think???

God you have a lot of animals..hope their all house trained?!! Ozzy isn't grrrrrrrrr!! (yet!!)

Looking forward 2 getting 2 know you!!!

we need 2 swap instant messenger addys here???

c u all soon

Tulip
~x~

miss_elisha
02-17-2004, 09:47 PM
Hi everyone! My name's Elisha, I've been on this site about a week, haven't quite found a board I'm completely comfy with, but you guys seem really friendly and pretty active. :) And I'm DEFINITELY a scale addict.
Can't say I've just quit my job, but I'm interviewing for a promotion on Friday, and if I don't get it, I probably will quit as soon as I find something else. And I do love animals. Right now we've got 4 dogs, 6 cats, a bunny, and there's a bunch of chickens and ducks (a couple dozen, I'd say).
So anyway, how about some fresh meat? I'd love to join your group!
~Elisha

Hotsplashes
02-17-2004, 11:18 PM
Welcome Elisha!!! I have 2 dogs, a cat, 3 fish, and a horse. And Raven is bringing her Zoo!! YAYYYYYY

Elisha and Raven, we LOVE to have fresh meat, new blood, new friends...I had to add friends cuz meat and blood was making us sound like vampires or something!lol Glad to see some new faces. You gotta give us motivation Raven! Elisha..you won't find a more fun group or weirdly cycled group. Tulip and I have timed our ToMs to the precise date so we match and can have PMS together...I know someone else on here was timing it with us...can't remember who tho.

As for what am I going to do now Ladies? Well, enjoy my time off...stop feeling guilty. It's someone else's job to fix the broke down horsies now. And no more 20 hour days! And I'm going to go to the gym and do a mass spring cleaning at my house.
I'm already looking for a job...probably go back into hospitality...I do love bartending and managing. But then again...maybe I'll open up my own business...don't know...got time...will think about it.

Grassie, doggie day care is HUGE up here in Canada...Got 3 in my city alone. It's kewl to see the dogs that go for play dates...my friend takes her lab/collie mix (who is 10lbs OW) and she loves it. She runs around like mad and barks for the first 5 minits and the other dogs look at her as if to say,"Uhh is she insane?" Then she settles down and plays nice. Since I have two dogs, they keep each other company. And all they do is sleep anyways!!LOL

Elisha and Raven...I hope to see you folks here more often...then we can all compare days, animals, and scale addictions!lol

RavenToy
02-18-2004, 10:24 AM
Oh dear, so .. we're inventorying the animals? Ok... 3 dogs (one great dane, one rat terrier, and one husky/greyhound mix foster dog), 6 snakes (two mutt redtail boas, two corn snakes, one king snake, and one texas rat snake), 4 lizards (one bearded dragon, one lemon leopard gecko, one regular leopard gecko, and one cuban rhino iguana), and two horses (one bay appendix mare - my daughter's, and one cremello QH gelding, mine). We'll be adding another horse this year for my son. Attrition has taken it's toll on the reptile population, and we also lost our darling little hedgehog this year.

HS - No guilt, we can only do what we can do. And sometimes, we can't do much. You gave so much of yourself, and now maybe it's time to give TO yourself, eh? Such a big heart, girl.

Elisha - Welcome to the forums! I just started noodling around in this thread because I've seen HS on the journals (and you, too), I'm on another thread as well. Keeps me from getting bored at work and hitting the vending machine. ;) Another animal freak. Gotta luv it!!

Tulip - Please forgive me, yes... I actually exercise. :lol: It took me a while to get back into the habit, but I'm really enjoying it now. Well, most days. I have to admit that I do have my "But, I don't waaannnnnnaaaa" days. I do it anyway. I would like to get to the point where I can run 5K. I'm getting there slowly. My foster pup, Artemis, is kinda sorta housebroken. She knows she's not supposed to go in the house, but she doesn't understand holding it till we go outside. One of these days the lightbulb will click on, I know.

In the meantime, my scale is stuck. I knew this would happen, but .. it's annoying anyway. Plateau or adding weights back in or just scale orneryness, who knows. All I know is that I really need to just keep doing what I'm doing. *nose wrinkle* Yeah.

Happy Wednesday!

little grasshopper
02-18-2004, 10:31 AM
Hi everyone! Elisha and Raven - very nice to see you here!!!!! Tell us more :) Between my self and my roomate there is 1 dog (mine) 1 cat, 3 ferretts and 3 fish tanks. We're not the zoo Raven has, but we're growing. I will get another doggie as soon as I finish school. Last year I decided to quit my corporate job and go back to school to be a massage therapist/body worker. I graduate in 2 more months (as long as it stops snowing!!) Then I'll be in all sorts of other programs to further body knowledge. In the year since I've quit work I've lost 25 pounds and thrown out all my business clothes :) I feel like my old happy self again. Now I'm working on the last 15 pounds. I have been cheating a lot lately though with Vday and my birthday and a serious love of red wine........I'll get there though. I'm off the couch and exercising now and I've vowed to get back on track with my allergy diet today. :)

I love talking with the guys (gals) here. It really does keep me motivated and it's so nice to know there are real people with real lives struggling with the same battles I do. I've learned a lot being here. Hope you stay!!

TF - Doggie Day care is HUGE! Here. Even our pet stores now offer it. Another thing that is really growing is doggie massage. You can train for about $300.00 and you're all set. I think the going rate is $30 per half hour. And it gives the same benefits to dogs as to humans. I've seriously considered training in it. One of the biggest day cares has a small in ground pool and hoops, walls, tunnels, all kinds of stuff for them to play in. They even has obedience classes! They do all kinds of in house training for dog owners so that you know how to use the same commands they use and so that you aren't doing things to screw up all the training they are getting at schoo. It's funny but really effective. The day care place I'm looking at will let you pay by the day or session. You can drop a doggie off for 3 hours and then pick him back up again. Oh, there are also tons of dog parks here. Fenced in areas with bark rangers and all. On a warm day there will be 50 dogs out there playing! It's so fun to watch!! I guess we're a pretty dog friendly area.

Okay, guys. Today is the day - I WILL kick the sugar thing and get my butt back in gear! I must!!!! I'm worth it!! I can do it. (this is not working at all) I'm going to do my very best to be really good today!! I'll tell you how it goes.

HS - enjoy your days of relaxation! I always wanted to be a bar tender.....you can make good money if you're good at it, can't you...

okay, out of here for now. :)

miss_elisha
02-18-2004, 10:41 AM
Okay, this is a completely random question (I do that occasionally), but could anyone tell me how to find the Spring Fling Challenge that Jennifer is running? I hear people talking about it all over the message boards and journals, and I've looked everywhere and can't find it. I must be overlooking something. Help!

I need a lot of help right now. I'm doing fine with the exercise, adding time and speed to my walks on the treadmill. I think I'm going to try something different today though, just to spice things up a bit. But I'm not doing so well on the dieting part. I'm trying to stay motivated, I really am, and this site is a great help, but I don't feel like I'm doing enough. I want to be thin NOW!!!

I know, I know, Patience is a Virtue. Patience is a Virtue. Patience is a Virtue. Good things come to those who wait. I'm expecting one heck of a payout. :)

~Elisha

RavenToy
02-18-2004, 10:58 AM
Elisha - If you check in Miscellaneous Clubs, you'll find the Spring Fling thread. :) If you haven't read the journals yet, or you missed the one by Mooz, you should read it. She posted a Ralphie quote that really hit the spot for me today, and it sounds like you could use it, too!

LeanneM83
02-18-2004, 08:00 PM
Wow, finally got my puter fixed...ah, but it still doesnt seem to be 100%.ugh, darn machines!
FINALLY, I am down to 138.6..........YAY!!
I am proud to say I have been eating REALLY well while pregnant...I have an ultrasound next week to see just how pregnant I am...looks like a september baby though.... ;)
ANywho, when I went to the doc yesterday he was amazed when he last saw me I was 222lbs. I told him I have been busy :lol:
Hope everyone is doing well..........I am SO happy that I have an amazing scale to remind me EVERY day of my weight...Wish I had one the last 2 times I was pregnant, then maybe my weight wouldnt have gotten so out of hand!

Ciao

Leanne
SW 215
CW 138.6 :lol:

little grasshopper
02-18-2004, 10:12 PM
Good for you Leanne, taking such good care of yourself. You have a lot to be proud of and a baby on the way too!!!! How wonderful for you!!! Glad you got your puter...well...improved......:) maybe it's a good patch for now and we can have you back with us!

Hope everyone is having a good night!!

RavenToy
02-19-2004, 12:27 PM
Happy Thursday, chicks :)

Leanne - Wow. From 222 to 138. And you're pregnant. That's absolutely wonderful! And your weight loss is very encouraging and inspiring! I'm hoping this year I'll hit my goal of 135. How long has it taken you to lose that much weight? I'm aiming for 5 pounds a month, which will put me at goal by the end of the year. I'd LOVE to hit New Years 2005 at 130anything. :lol: Sooner would be cool, too. :s:

Grasshopper - Ferrets. My daughter wants one SO bad, and they are so blasted cute.. I'd love to have one, too. But we are so busy already with the dogs and horses and everything else. I'd hate to get one and then not be able to pay adequate attention to it, you know? Poor little thing. How did the self motivation to kick the sugar go?

I confess, I worked out today. I did shoulders/back/chest with weights.. still kind of disappointed at how much less weights I can lift than when I fell off the wagon last year, but that will come in time. And of course, the scale is being stubborn. Weights, water, who knows. I just have to keep remembering that the fat is disappearing, the muscle is developing, and I'm OP. Tomorrow will be cardio, Saturday biceps/triceps and cardio, and Sunday is legs.

How is everyone doing?

Hotsplashes
02-19-2004, 03:20 PM
Wow! I just checked out that piece that Mooz put on her journal by Ralphie...It is amazing...i just sent it to a friend who was having a bad day and it turned her mood around 100%!! I am printing it out as I type. I'm going to hang it on my fridge and read it every day! Hope everyone is having a good day. It's fairly sunny and somewhat mild..if you consider 35 mild. so things are melting slowly but surely. I am off to go salt what ever ice is left so more of it can be gone sooner than later. Then it's massive spring cleaning time...gonna start with 1st floor then tomorrow will do 2nd floor.

I have a survey to ask everyone...

"How did you get motivated to get excersising?"

I cannot get into it no matter how hard I try...maybe if I get some answers from the ladies here...I will be more motivated!! Thanks

See everyone tomorrow.

LeanneM83
02-19-2004, 03:51 PM
Hi Ladies,

Happy Thursday to all.......yay, survivor is on tonight..........my fav show!

Hotsplashes, I hear you guys are getting some SNOW there.....hopefully, it isnt too much b/c we'll probably get it tomorrow.........Well my son is 6.5 months old now so it has taken me that long...I was 215 the day I brought him home from the hospital.(august 1st/03)

Anywho, I am still on a mission to look GREAT while pregnant......

Leanne

RavenToy
02-19-2004, 03:59 PM
Wow.. how did I get motivated. Hmm. I guess I just got sick and tired of hearing my own excuses. I knew I needed to do it to get the results I wanted, and I knew that when I do exercise, I love the way I feel, soooo... I guess I just decided enough was enough. Did I want to lose weight or not? Put up or shut up kinda thing.

Good lord it was gorgeous here today. In the mid 60s and I'd swear it was spring. *sigh* It's still down below freezing at night, and for the weekend and next week it will only be getting into the low 50s, but that is SO much better than the teens and 20s we were having a couple weeks ago! I'm such a weenie when it comes to the cold! I just wish I could have skated out of work and gone riding. :s:

little grasshopper
02-19-2004, 04:03 PM
Hi guys. How did I get motivated. Well, I'm not. I' thought I was. Turns out it was just a spurt. I'm doing horribly. I have been eating horribly, haven't exercised at all this week. Not even yoga stretches. I can tell it too. I hurt all over.

Need a good swift kick in the pants. I even did the really bad thing - I stopped at dairy Queen last night at 10:00, on my way home from school. I'm really upset with myself but that doesn't seem to be making a differnece right now.

Sorry, just a little frustrated that i'm still not back on the wagon. It seems like something as simple as "don't put it in your mouth" would be easy to control.......

miss_elisha
02-19-2004, 09:49 PM
Motivation? I just keep telling myself that no matter how much I hate myself for getting fat in the first place, I'll just hate myself even more if I don't do anything about it. Oh, and I'm sick of seeing really cute clothes at the department store I work at only to find that they don't come in my size. And as I was on the treadmill a little while ago and I wanted so bad to stop and just sit down and watch tv, the words "I can I can I can I can I can I can I can I can...." started sing-songing in my head. It actually helped.
Well, that was motivation for exerise. As for motivation for eating right... well, if anyone figures that one out, please let me know, because that answer hasn't hit me yet. And at this point I need a good hard slap in the face.
~Elisha

little grasshopper
02-19-2004, 11:14 PM
Ug. We have a client in the school clinic that has apparently been trying to get frisky with one of my classmates. She told him his behavior was inappropriate and he stopped for about 2 seconds before starting all over again and even grabbing her hand at one point and massaging it for her. She was freaked out but at the end of the massage anyway so she just walked out and told the teach. Teacher not only didn't say anything to him about it, she told the classmate that in the future it was the TEACHER'S job to decide if the actions warranted stopping the massage not the students.

Well guess what - he is my first client Saturday. He REQUESTED me. He has not gotten frisky with me but he's been getting more talkative and last massage he stared at me a lot - throughout the massage. Made me uncomfortable but sometimes people do that kind of thing because they are nervous - I didn't know what was going on with other classmates. I hope htey don't expect ME to go to this same teacher and ask her opinion because I won't. If he creeps me out in the slightest I will stop the massage and tell him to get the h%&*! out!!

It's stressing me out even knowing he's asked for me and that they broke policy to move my appointments around so that he'd get me. Do they not realize what he's doing???? Why aren't they supporting students? It's really peeves me to no end!! I'm calling tomorrow to tell them I refuse to work on him based on his past behavior with my classmate and my new insite on his past behavior with me.

Sorry for dumping but I'm really angry and stressed out. i'm angry for my classmate that had it happen to her. And I'm angry that I may have to face the same kind of crap first thing Sat morning with the same cranky teacher! And I just finished my Taco Bell dinner which is not making me feel any better. The good news is that I think I've finally eaten enough junk that I'm sick of it for a while.

I hope you all had a good day!! Tomorrow is friday - (or today is for some I guess). A Weekend. Working one for me. 3 weeks before my first break - I think I'll reserve the time for SLEEPING! Talk to you guys tomorrow.

Hotsplashes
02-20-2004, 11:33 AM
Good morning every one..

Grassie, go to the humanresource dept. of your school. Explain what is happening and the teacher's behavior. Let the teacher know as well that you are contacting the HR dept as well as the dean of the school. This works. Trust me. I had a situation at school where a teacher was getting friendly with me. I explained to him that if his advances did not stop I would go to the head of the Dept. Head of dept. did nothing..so I went to Dean of School and HR...HR flipped out on teacher, head of Dept, and went to Dean with me. Teacher was suspended as he had been doing this for several semesters and students had complained to Head of Dept..so Head of dept got fired. HR can be a wonderful help. Good luck!

Thanks for the info, everyone, on how you got motivated. I am at that point too where it's put up or shut up. EatingI can control pretty well now cuz any junk food makes me feell ill. It's just the exercize. Now I REALLy have to work for it.

See everyone tomorrow!

135/140

miss_elisha
02-20-2004, 09:56 PM
Well, looks like I'm about to become an "official" member of the group by quitting my job. :/ (Read: I didn't get that promotion.) I guess that means I have to get a real job now. *sigh*
On the plus side, I did really really well on my diet today. That makes one day. I even got up early and exercised. Yay Me! But I'm really glad I did it this morning, because right now I'm so mad I just want to.... I don't know.... throw something. They gave that job to a girl that even the manager doesn't like. And I'm sure I would have done a much better job than she will.
*deep breath*
That just means I'm destined for an even better job with even better money.
And one day is all it takes. Every day. I have to do this one day at a time.
~E

Hotsplashes
02-21-2004, 04:59 PM
Howdie everyone!

Well, Elisha, I always wonder what the other person ever has over me when I KNOW they don't have near the qualifications. Doesn't it make you wanna sneak into the office and take a peek at the interview notes? I alway think I will find "Gives good BJs under the desk" or something like that. I'm mean aren't I? It just comes from seeing that happen way too many times as a bartender.

Congrats on getting up early and exercising! I have done nothing today but groceries and watch tv!lol

Leanne, we didn't get snow. We got Rain! and LOTS of it. The snow has just started today and it's really hitting coming down. The weather network says less than 1cm. But we've already got an inch. So i figger prolly 2 or 3 which is fine, considering the east coast got 5 feet of it!

Tulip and Grassie, where be you two? Did you two hop a plane to somewhere warm with the rest of Scale Addicts? For Shame!!! And I bet you picked up Raventoy on the way!!lol

See everyone tomorrow, more than likely!!

RavenToy
02-21-2004, 08:58 PM
Helllooooooo peoples. Wow, what a great day! I got up early, had my coffee and my weekend treat of Raisin Nut Bran, then walked the dogs and did the dishes. Then I made a run to Super Walmart, got home and put all the chicken breasts and hamburger in the freezer in single serving sizes... Then I did my bicep/tricep weights. I wasted a little time then just kicking around for a few minutes, then hit the treadmill and did my 2 miles 18 seconds faster than my previous best time. And .. I blew out my headphones. :o Then I grabbed a quick light lunch, took a quick shower, and we headed out to the stables. We rode for about two hours, I think my legs will be telling me all about it tomorrow. I was able to do my posting trot for 6 times around the arena, not necessarily gracefully, but I did it. And for the first time in 30 years, I hit a canter. And not just once! Now I have to start working on the details.. like - get that butt down in the saddle! :dizzy: Fed all the ponies, dogs, and cats - then home and STARVING but ate my dinner and my healthy choice ice cream sandwich, and calories came in almost exactly on target. *oof* It was beautiful weather, finally. We go out to the stables early to feed again tomorrow. I'll probably ride Copper again, then lunge Arashi.

Grasshopper - I wouldn't handle something like that well at all. Not from the client, and NOT from the teacher. As a professional you wouldn't be expected to put up with that kind of nonsense, why should you have to now?? I hope you got the situation resolved!

Elisha - I replied to your journal on that one... I know it really stinks, but maybe just trying to hang onto the thought that the next job you find will be one where you are appreciated and compensated appropriately. Sometimes it takes a while to find the "right" job.

HS - Hey! That's how I got most of my jobs, you got a problem with that!?!?! :s: Yeah, I'm kidding. But I know I wonder too about why some people get promoted over others. It really is awfully suspicious sometimes. And hey! It was pretty darn warm here today, for a change! I think we made it into the upper 50s! Boy did I need that. I really hope the warming trend continues. I'm SICK of winter, sick of rain, sick of grey and wind and cold. Bleh.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

little grasshopper
02-22-2004, 08:36 AM
Hi guys. Thanks for the support. I got someone to swap my afternoon clinic hours Saturday. I was to have 2 massages. When we got there, they hadn't taken creepy hands off the books, just moved him to a new therapist. We all insisted that we would not work on him and couldn't possibly give him the unconditional, healing touch we are suppose to give under the circumstances...anyway they took him off the books and the teach was surprisingly nice to us. It wierded us all out a little but she was very nice. We'll see how it all plays out when we are back in class with our teacher Monday night - I know they had a phone call about it all while we were IN THE ROOM. I'm not going to worry too much about it until it matters to. Only 2 more months....two weeks and I have spring break. 1 week of freedom!! :)

Yesterday was beautiful here too!!!! I worked clinic and then took a 3 hour sleep! Something I've needed for a long time! Opended all the windows in my house and just slept!! Then BF and I took Mac to dog park and then to a lake park so he could swim. We saw 50 first dates last night. Very cute movie! I do recommend it.

Okay, I have an all day seminar today. Better get moving. HS - no planes to warm weather, allthough I like the idea!!

miss_elisha
02-22-2004, 09:09 AM
Ok, I've got another survey/question for everyone:

How do you deal with unsupportive people?

My family just isn't helping. They keep bringing home boxes of chocolate cupcakes and cookies and then even after I say no they keep trying to talk me into having "just one" (which is never really just one). I've tried to explain to them that I want to be healthy and that means eating healthy foods, but it only seems to work for about 5 minutes. Sometimes I win and sometimes I don't. One thing I know for sure is that I can't handle this all the time! I know I've got to do something, I just don't know what to do.

Hotsplashes
02-22-2004, 03:38 PM
Elisha, I am in the same boat as you. I have a bf who just won't stop bringing home chips and cookies. I have an obese sister who refuses to admit to her weight problem even tho the doctor told her she's got to lose the weight or be dead of a heartattack in 5 years. What I do....is...force myself to be strong. Make things in my house less junk food friendly. I throw out all opened bags of chips and cookies. If bf says where are they? I say they went stale. I cook for myself. I tell people that aren't supportive that I can't have them over or go to their house unless they agree to be supportive. It's amazing how blunt honesty can work. I now have some friends who invite me for lunch or dinner and serve very health conscious meals! And they in turn, have realized how poorly they've been eating. Mind you this is only a few of my friends. ANd I'm finding my circle of friends has become smaller because of my healthy lifestyle choices....but I intend to live alot longer and healthier....So that is what I do. Mind you, I do falloff the bandwagon...But I alway climb back up!

Grassie! Good for you and the other students standing up for yourselves! United we stand! As for the teacher being surprisingly nice....I wouldn't be surprised if someone has gone to the head of the dept. or the Dean and said something. A prof's attitude will change dramatically once they've been thrown under the bus. Wow...spring break already? I hope you go somewhere nice! I have been itching to go back home to Baja...just the right timing to catch the last of the whale migrations.

Raven!!! Posting trot 6 times!!! AND a Canter!!! YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY...I know how hard that posting trot is! Congratulations! Now just think of all the wonderful muscles you are building with it! As for cantering...the trick is..relax and ride from the hips...my old English instructors could never getover how I would just sit and go with the horse at a canter...And I had to explain to them it was all those years of Western Pleasure showing!lol And Congrats on having such a good day.

I just got news that we have our first baby on teh ground at the barn! A little filly, kinda hard to tell her her color..Grulla right now..;but who knows what she'll shed out to be. She has a white mapleleaf shaped star on her forehead...so her owners are going to call her Maple....I know...pretty hokie...but hey...it's better than George or Spot!!LMAO

Have a great day ladies!

RavenToy
02-22-2004, 05:54 PM
Happy Sunday! Well .. sort of - that means tomorrow is Monday and I have to go to work... blah. ;)

Grasshopper - Excellent that the teacher got the message. Why ask why? :D That ought to make the next couple months a bit easier to cope with.

Elisha - Hm. I divorced the guy that kept sabotaging my diet. :lol: Eh, yeah, there was a lot more wrong than that, but he was so insecure that he kept thinking I'd leave him if I lost weight. So he'd bring home those wonderful dove ice cream bars because "I was so grumpy." :mad: My fault for putting them in my mouth. I think what it comes down to is making it clear and sticking to it. It's harder when people bring food into your home that you can't eat. No doubt about that. But I think ultimately it does have to be YOUR decision to say no. And if they insist, get up in their face about it. Sometimes you really have to get serious before people will take you seriously. You know, I started trying to change my life a year ago. When I announced my plans to my family, my daughters comment was "yeah, sure, right mom" :rolleyes: Now.. I could have slugged her or started crying, both of which crossed my mind, but I decided to do neither, and instead I thought in my head "just you wait, girlie, just you wait." Three months later, she was the one saying to me "Wow Mom, you ARE losing weight, your gut doesn't stick out past your boobs anymore!" :o I decided to take it as the compliment it was intended as. It doesn't mean I've been perfect, or I learned everything overnight, it meant I just needed to keep trying. I know it's hard when there are foods around that you want, and people around pushing them on you, but really - only YOU can decide whether it's going to end up in your mouth or not.

HS - Thank you, thank you. :D It's been 30 years since I cantered. I know in my brain what I need to do, it's just going to take practice to get it all working together again. I even taught my daughter that lovely hip roll .. erm.. I told her to really get to *know* that saddle. :lol: She finally got it, that and keeping her shoulders back after I spent an hour in the arena yelling "shoulders back" at her every time she'd start to lean forward. Now she's the one yelling it at me! :D What fun. She even made me practice the hip roll motion while I was just sitting there on Copper... I felt so goofy, but really, it's what I need to do! What breed is the filly?? Do we get to see pictures?? OMG a little grulla!! *die* I love odd colored horses. I want one of each color... :eek:

Today was all about stripping stalls and picking the arena and sweeping the barn. I think that was workout enough. :p I talked to Rosa about a little deal where I'll come out every Sunday morning and strip stalls and feed so she has a morning off, and in return, I get free lessons. YAY! I can't wait. So now my daughter is working for her lessons, I'm working for mine, and the only one I have to pay for is Machine (my son, he rides too).

I have one week from tomorrow to reach my goal of 5 pounds for the month.. I'm curious as to what the scale will read tomorrow morning. Maybe I can actually pull it off! :D

Off to cook dinner.

little grasshopper
02-22-2004, 09:44 PM
You know, my family did that for a long time. It drove me crazy!! Caused a lot of problems in the family because it was a very "you're not done til every scrap of food is gone!" then there was the "there's only 2 bites left in the bowl, don't make me store it - just eat it." Then came the "you're putting on some pounds aren't you....." My personal favorite though was when my great grandmother - the very one stuffing all this food down our faces told me that "you must be getting fat, I don't have trouble seeing you anymore..."

How did I handle it, I told them flat out that this is the choice that I've made. No, it's not forever and yes, every NOW AND THEN I will eat a special meal with them but this is the choice and if they don't like it, I just won't be eating with them for a while. The ball is in their court. Believe it or not I had to leave the house several times before they got the picture - but they did finally get it.

I'm sorry you're not getting the support. You have it here though - I know that doesn't help when it's actually happening - but you do have our support. We're proud of you for making possitive, healthy changes!!! You're family may never come around - but the beauty of it is that they don't have to. It would be nice, but it's not a requirement for you to reach your own goals!!

Good luck with them! Be clear, polite but firm and let them know what it's doing to you when they push food on you and how much it hurts your feelings that they aren't supporting your goals. Then just leave if you have to. :) I can't promise it will work, but it did work for me....

Tulip-Fairy
02-23-2004, 06:38 AM
Hi al,
Welcome newbies...its great to see new people posting, while the old 'uns fall off the wagon and don't post for days on end!!!

Tulip-Fairy
02-23-2004, 06:56 AM
See what is wrong with my machine?????? That just got posted and i only just started typing!!! :mad: :mad:

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! I hate my puter!! :mad: :mad:

Like i said in my "last post!" I fell off the wagon... :o well i was a bit tipsy at the time!! :lol: :dizzy:
The weekend started early with a funeral on Thrusday (Hubby's uncle died!) which meant travelling half way up the country for the service, then friday was our anniversary where we had planned an afternoon drinking with friends but then our wonderful kids all stayed over at friends or granparents which left us kid free...!! Yippee...had a hangover from **** on Saturday :devil: ate way too much on Friday night, then again on saturday to chase the hangover away and got taxi's everywhere so no walking excersie to boot!! :^: How bad am i???

I am back on track and eating well today..need to drink more water today to combat the deydraytion from the weekend! :(

Since we are doing the inventory of animals...i will join in..(shouldn't take me too long!)
1 yorkshire terrier (5months old - NOT housetrained yet!) :mad:
1 hubby (42 years old and still only partially housetrained!) :?:
3 daughers (14, 12 & 8 yrs old - progress is slow, but i'm working on it!) :s:

Splashes - hope the job hunting goes better than mine...I'm looking at starting something myself also, i need to fit in with my family and nothing i look at does that!!! :crossed: that we find something soon.

Need to change my C/W from 125 to 127 OUCH!!!! If I needed motivation, that gave it to me...I really don't want to see my numbers going up!

I promise i'll call back in tomorrow...

little grasshopper
02-23-2004, 01:11 PM
oh man! I got out of bed this morning to go to the gym. dropped my brush right next to my foot. Went down stairs, dropped a plate in the floor - missed my foot. Then about 2 minutes later, dropped a FULL glass of water on my big toe and broke it. :mad: :mad: :cry: :cry: :mad:

I'm soooo mad!!!!! At least I have a two week break before my next clinic to figure out why I'm throwing things at my feet. NO gym for me for a while. Pilates at home it is. Still mad!!

RavenToy
02-23-2004, 03:40 PM
Hey peeps.

Grasshopper - uhm .. hey, if you need a break, you know.. just take one! Talk about self sabotage. ;) I have days like that, though. Seems like no matter what I do, I'm going to end up injuring myself. I hope your toe feels better soon! :(

Tulip - I love to have a glass or two of wine in the evenings, but I've had to stop that completely. Not just the calories from the wine itself, but - like you kind of noticed there - it completely wrecks my ability to monitor my intake of food. Ah well, at some point I will be in maintenance, and then I can add in the wine once in a while!

I did ok today.. but I never got over to Walmart to pick up new headphones, so my treadmill workout this morning was not exactly over the top. I still managed to do my 2 miles in 30 minutes, so I guess it wasn't that bad. The real upside to all this is that I've dropped another pound. I'm only a half pound away from my 5 pound monthly goal now, and if I can squeeze a pound and a half out of this week, that puts me at my stealth goal for the month. I might actually do this yet. :D I'll try to hit Walmart on the way home tonight and pick up the headphones, and maybe I'll try to do my back/shoulders tonight.

Tulip-Fairy
02-24-2004, 09:08 AM
GOOD MORNING...OR SHOULD I SAY GOOD AFTERNOON! It's nearly 2pm here and i've spent all morning cooking yummy stuff for the kids lunch boxes. I have also made two batches of soup to see me and hubby through the week at lunch times!

Grassie...the things you do to get out of doing excersie, ;) just take the day off girl, you don't need to damage yourself!! :lol: :D :lol: Hope the toe is feeling better soon!

Splashes???? Where'd you go?? If your sat on the couch, eating biscuits i'm gonna smack your bottom!! :mad: ...or she could be out job hunting i suppose :( if so said bottom will not be smacked - promise!)

Raven - Well done on the treadmill, and the ongoing weight loss - way to go girl...1.5lbs isn't a lot if your good! :smug: NO wine for you then?! :lol: I was good again last night, no wine, sensible tea, no supper plenty of water. I was a good girl and the scales showed it this morning, i had to do best out of three to believe what they said...back to 125lbs YIPPEE!!! another 7lbs and i've hit my ideal weight!!! all i have to do is keep it there then!!!
I'll be still saying this when were on to SAA #200 !! :lol: :lol:

Hey - I have just scrolled down and seen loads of posts from the weekend that i haven't seen??? My puter again??? I havne't recieved any emails about them...I'll do take a read and will be back! bye! :)

Hotsplashes
02-24-2004, 10:12 AM
Morning everyone! Sorry about missing yesterday! It was a busy day. No job hunting. Mondays have become my "Caregiver Day" Mondays I usually do stuff for my elderly neighbor across the street. Now that I am home all day, I do more things with him. I took him for his blood work, then I went to his Qi Gong(Tai Chi) class with him,which is put on by our local Cancer Care center. Then I helped him around his house. THen I cleaned my own house. Had a nap. Got up, went and picked up BF for supper. After that, came home, went to neighbor's again to make sure he ate his supper, and got a waltzing lesson from him. Then came home, did more housework...had a bath then went to bed....I know it don't sound like alot, but that Qi Gong class was quite the work out...Don't ever think that Tai Chi does not give you a work out...IT DOES!!lol

Poor Grassie! I know how you feel...I get those days too where I drop everything!!! And it makes you wonder what karma wheel you set off balance!Lol I hope you feel better soon, I know all about broken toes...you go to the doc's and they say, "Well, it's broken. There's Nothing we can do but tape it up!" At least you have some time off to let it heal. ANd the Pilates sounds like a good athome work out!

Raven Congrats!!!! You'll have made your goal!! Now what's a Stealth Goal? This sound interesting. That would put you at 6lbs down. Is this like a little Surprise Goal...like bonus points? I like that idea very much! I finally finished Dr. Phil's book. ANd he says to set Managable Attainable goals. I learned in a management course about Smart Goals...Seeable, Maintainable, Attainable, Realistic, and now I can't remember what the T was!Lol I'll look it up and post it on here later this week.

YAYYYY FOR TULIP!!!!!1 back to her 125....it's gotta be nearly ohhhh 20years since I've been 125. but then again....20 years ago I was only 5'6. I'm 5'10now...yes late growth spurt...And only 6lbs away from your goal, Tulip!! AWESOME....As for your puter...hmmmmmmm I think it's haunted!!!lol

RavenToy
02-24-2004, 11:45 AM
Morning folks!

Tulip - I love leftovers! I usually cook enough dinner so that I can take healthy lunches to work at least twice. :D My BF won't do it, though.. not sure why. He prefers to eat fast food. tsk tsk Nope, no wine for me!! I don't even keep it in the house right now because especially after a rough day at work, it's SOOooooo tempting to just have ONE glass?? *sigh* Which always leads to two, you know. And that almost always leads to bread dipped in olive oil with spices... :o :nono: Congrats on getting back to 125!! My word... I think the last time I weighed that I was about 11 years old. :D I doubt I could pull it off now even.. I'd look starved, my bones are too big for that. 135, I think I can do. Only 7 more pounds for you.. that's fantastic!! :bravo:

HS - How incredibly nice of you to do all that for a neighbor. That kind of gets me all sniffly because I know my dad had a really hard time there for a while before his accident.. ah well. He's in an assisted living home now, and even though he misses living in his own house, I think he's happier with people around him all the time. Stealth goals.. Ok ... I had this problem with setting myself up for failure with unreasonable goals. Over a period of time I noticed that 5 pounds a month seemed to be very reasonable and attainable to me, so this year when I started again, I knew I had 60 pounds to lose and at 5 pounds per month, I could do it in one year. But.. there is always a number of pounds I'd really LIKE to lose. Like this month, my 5 pound goal would put me at 186, but I'd really LIKE to be at 185. Oddly enough, my stealth goal this month originally was 183, because that's the weight I remember seeing as the scales were going up when I was going to go out to meet a couple with my BF... I was horrified. Anyway, but I changed it because of a goal of another person in a different thread... :blah: So... it's just a weight that I'd be reallllly tickled to reach, but if I don't, it's not the end of the world. Boy, that was long winded, wasn't it.

Goals.. I have to say that the scale goals are not as important to me as they used to be. Since I really can't control the numbers. I can control what I put in my mouth, I can control my working out, I can control how much water I drink, etc. So even when the scale is being stupid, I look at what I CAN control, and I know logically that if I just keep doing what I need to do, the scale will eventually change. There is no way it can't.

I picked up headphones on the way home from work yesterday, and today's treadmill workout was better. I dropped my time for 2 miles down to 28:30. Once I hit 25 minutes, I'm going to add a half mile, and then start pushing to do that in 30 minutes. I really hope it's not raining tonight, my son and I have riding lessons... but it's getting colder, and I can't do the cold AND the rain. One or the other, but not both! :lol: If I don't ride, I really need to do a LB weights session for my quads and butt.

Hope everyone is having a good week so far!

Tulip-Fairy
02-24-2004, 05:25 PM
Hiya I'm back...it's nearly bed time but thought i'd pop in and post!! I read all the posts i missed...Sorry Splashes, thought'd you'd gone AWOL again as i hadn't seen any of your posts...Don't know what's wrong with my puter!! :mad: Hey your a darn nice person giving all that time to your neighbour! well done your an :angel:

Elisha - I'll repeat what the others have said...you'll get loads of support on this thread, which may help to back you up at home...it is horrible when there's no support at home...My hubby is now sharing my WOE and it's much better, i've maintained my wieght loss for ages now (bar the odd fall! :o ) but at 125lbs i'm not as harsh with myself as i was at the begining! But found it difficult to gain support at home too. I am very short with a very small frame and have never before had a weight problem..i had 3 children in 6 years and gained a little bit with each other them, but wasn't that much over weight, after i had my third i developed a wheat intolerance which made me pile on the pounds as well as other symptoms(!) I felt really ill, and unhappy with the extra pounds that i wasn't used carrying...it got to the stage where my joints were aching under the extra weight..my top weight was 139lbs which doesn't sound very heavy but on my frame it is. Friends and especially family told me not to worry about it..soem friends even thought it great that i wasn't skinny any more...bout time too was one comment!! My mum said that it ws the middle age spread starting it has happened to her and she is still fighting it now!!!! She was almost pleased that i was becoming her size??!! :?: I was determined no nip it in the bud before i became to difficult to shift...not saying it has been easy!! ;) I invited friends for dinner at my house and fed them what i could eat rather than the other way around, i always had soemthing in my bag that i could eat so if i ws offered soemthing i wasn't allowed i fell back on what was in my bag...as long as your eating there tend to leave you alone!!
Oh boy i'm rambling again!! :blah: :blah: :blah:

Leanne - glad your puter is better (well better than mine anyway!! lol) and well done on your healthy eating and weight loss...hope the sickness has gone?!

Raven - The idea of great BJ's to get a job!! ;) I'll keep that in mind at my next interview!! :lol: :lol:

Grassie - glad you got your dodgy customer sorted...sounds scary...glad you didn't have to put up with him!

It's getting late now and i've rambled on for long enough!!! See you all tomorrow

little grasshopper
02-24-2004, 11:13 PM
Hi guys! TF glad you got caught up to date. Shame on you for giving Neighbor Nurturing HS such a hard time :) HS - that really is a sweet thing you're doing for your neighbors. I've tried to do nice stuff with mine here but none of my imediate ones are social AT ALL! I can jump the fence in my backyard and hang out with the ones on that street - they're all great! Good Cooks too!!

Doggy's ear ache is getting better. He HATES the drops I have to use but overall he's much improved. Loves his new low fat food - first dog food I've given him that he loves to eat! That's a relief!

School just got interesting. No more creepy guys. Just one hostile, disrespectful student that won't stop running her mouth (no, it's not me). I'm about one day short of telling her she's a total B*#!ch and not to touch me again untils he can straighten her a$$ out! (we are massage students after all - lots of touching involved). I think she was rude to every single student in the class tonight. At least she's giving out equal treatment. At what age do you grow out of the need to "act up?"

Well I have to get some sleep. Another exam tomorrow. Need to get some rest and study early tomorrow am. Talk to you guys soon! Meri

Hotsplashes
02-25-2004, 10:55 AM
Good luck on the exam Grassie! Ok folks..here's a long one...and I would like input as I'm nearing the end of my rope with one of my best friends. When Tulip mentioned her being small and people happy when she wasn't skinny anymore, it brought up thoughts of my friend when we went out last nite.

Karen is 4'10 and 175lbs. She has a sister who is 5'9 and 120. Her sister constantly calls her a 'Fat piece of S**t', says she'll never find a husband because she's so fat, and other such wonderful things. At the same time says,"Oh karen, please lose weight, I don't want you to die. I'll be left all alone." and while saying the "yes lose weight" she brings over baked goods for karen.

SOoooo..Karen read Dr. Phil....says, I'm serious this time. Her Dr. also told her she HAS to lose weight. Puts her on a special eating program (which she doesn't follow), and she will not exercise.

SOooo last night we went out windowshopping, she tells me she wants to get down to 100lbs. I told her that it was not a reasonable goal because she is 43 years old and has NEVER weighed that since she's been about 18. Her dr. said 110 - 120 would be perfect for her. She watches Extreme Makeover and says...I'm going to follow that program. (3 members lost over 50lbs a piece in 6 weeks.) Now she thinks she's going to get the same results by walking on a treadmill 1/2 hour a day, no weights, no serious eating plan.

I said what about the severe diet they were put on...she says..well I'll do it some of the times...So i got sooo mad/upset...that i said..."Karen, get real. Finish reading Dr. Phil's book. ALL of it...and realize what category you have to put you and your sister in. Sis is a severe sabotager..she doesn't want you to lose weight..then she can't demean you anymore. You refuse to do as your own family doctor says...you REALLY don't want to lose the weight."

So she just laughs and says...that's not true..pat says those nasty things because she loves me. I drove her straight home.

What do I do?

Hope everyone has a good Hump day!!! Sorry to vent....

RavenToy
02-25-2004, 11:28 AM
Walk away? Hon.. you're absolutely right. But until Ms. Denial is ready to face the facts, nothing is going to change. You can't change her, she's the only one who can change her. It's frustrating, I know. I had to walk away from another friend because she was in severe denial about several things going on in her life, and I couldn't handle her constant crying about things she wouldn't face.

The alternateve would be to stay her friend, but tell her simply that subject is off limits till she wants to address it realistically. You don't want to hear about her family, her diets, anything, until she's actually willing to face it head on.

Like I said in my comments to your journal entry, I don't mean to sound superior. I've been where your friend is, and it took me a long time to take off the blinders. I feel sorry for her, but again... your hands are tied until she's ready to listen.

Tulip-Fairy
02-25-2004, 01:10 PM
Good luck with the exam Grassie!
Splashes - i've got a freind a bit like that, we are still friends but we don't talk diets anymore...I encourage her when she is in her determined mood, and praise the **** out of her when she's sensibly loosing the pounds but make a real effort to turn a blind eye when she's freaking out about getting off the wagon or doing it with unattainable goals...I ignore her until she stops talking, it's a bit of a joke now but i just tell her to get on and do it and stop talking about it!!! She's a lovely girl but has little self confidence which she would have if only she'd loose soem of those excess pounds!!!!! it a vicious circle!Lets hope your freind finishes the book and sees some sense...as for her sister maybe she needs to visit the doctor and get some advice off him on how to suppport her sister?!

Blaue Liebe
02-25-2004, 10:49 PM
Hello,

I'm new here but I'm definitely addicted to weighing myself. It got so bad I had to get rid of my last scale. But I know that I have to get another one. I don't know if I'll be able to handle a 'brand new scale'. I really don't want to fall into old habbits. Is anyone else here fighting the urge?

Splashes, I'm sorry to hear about your friend. But the lightbulb really does have to click for her to realize what you're saying. Sometimes people feel it's easier to sacrifice their own wellbeing than to challenge someone else (especially if the other person is supposed to have their best interests in mind). She's going to have to realize her own inherant importance before she can begin to fight the verbal diarhea being spewed by her sister...

Much love and light,
Shayla

Hotsplashes
02-25-2004, 11:53 PM
Welcome to the group, Shayla! Yes, I get that urge everyday when I wake up...first place I head is the bathroom. And it's very hard for me NOT to dig into the back of the cupboard for the scales. I'm getting very good. I'm down to weighing myself only 1-3 times a week now. SOmetimes I go almost a week and half without hopping on.

Ladies, thanks for all the support about my friend. You are all right, I can do nothing for her, she has to want to do it for herself. All I can do is be there for her when she does decide to.

Thanks again, and see everyone tomorrow!

little grasshopper
02-26-2004, 12:09 PM
someone remind me of why I live in the SOUTH! We aren't suppose to get snow once a week! Until I was 20 years old I'd seen one snow storm....I've seen more this year than my entire life combined! School is closed AGAIN....at this rate it will be Feb 2005 and I'll still be writing about school exams! :) And hopefully not about how badly my eating has been :)

Shayla, WELCOME! Yep I really have to fight getting on the scales all the time! I even discovered that if I weigh right when I get up and then 20 minutes later I will have dropped 1/2 pound. At least I'm no longer in denial...I have a PROBLEM :) :) lately I haven't been so eager to get on them though. I've not been eating well and I don't want to see the numbers right now.

wow, it's almost a white out right now!

HS - I'm glad you're feeling better about your friend today. It's really hard when helping someone seems so easy "if only they'd do what you say!" :) We have a classmate that is exhausting all of us because she is in the middle of a ton of issues from childhood and thinks that gives her the right to treat us any way that she wants. Most of the time we just want to smack the crap out of her - but we're all trying to be patient. We have started our own "support group" to deal with HER! :lol:

Well guys. Sat is my bday - I'll be 31. We're going to celebrate and then Monday is the start of eating well. I'm excited about it. Getting back to the gym (can you really say "back to" if you only went twice before?)

Okay, off to work - to be sent back home again. Talk to you guys soon! mrm

Tulip-Fairy
02-27-2004, 04:53 AM
YIPPEE!!!!!!!! MY KIDS HAVE A SNOW DAY!! they are outside playing in the white stuff as i type...i have hot chocolate and cookies and warm clothes waiting for them as they look like there gonna be freezing when they get back in!! They are also very noisy...hope the neighbours are on a night shift and trying to sleep...lol

Welcome Shayla...you don't have scales??? Well done you!! I'd die if i couldn't weigh myself...I've got it down to a couple of times a week now, once a day at my weakess point!! It's part of my daily routine, i'd turn up early everywhere if i stopped my weigh in's lol

Grassie - I don't know why you live in the south, but i know we'd love to have snow more often, we've only had it a couple of times in the 18 years i've lived in this part of the UK!! But there again i'd love it to be boiling hot all the time too!! lol

Splashes - hope it helped getting the worries of your friend off your chest...house the spring cleaning going? Mine is now on halt since the house is full of kids, wet clothes and kids friends...we have a house full due to friends parents working and the snow day has left them high and dry!!
I've got friends around for lunch today as well, so i think it will be a trip to the video shop for something to keep them quiet while i catch up with the chat in the dining room!!
Have a great Friday...hopefully i'll pop in over the weekend

Eat well, and excercise if you have to!! :lol:

Blaue Liebe
02-27-2004, 09:38 AM
Just a quick note. Thanks for the welcome everyone!! :)

I'm gonna go get a scale today. :cry: I'm so scared. I know I'm gonna be weighing myself every two seconds to "check the validity" of my new scale.

~Shayla

Hotsplashes
02-27-2004, 01:16 PM
Welcome back Shayla and hope you do well on your Scale Shopping adventure! I freaked out the other night, I got on my neighbor's scale and I was 5lbs heavier on theirs. Then they had to calm me down and remind me, It was 7pm at nite, I'd just had a big supper, and I was wearing two heavy sweaters and a pair of jeans and big socks and shoes. Whew....So now I'm ok!lolol

Tulip! BusyBusyBusy! It sounds like fun tho. As for halting the spring cleaning...mine did too...all our snow is melting and with the muddy paws and boots that come in and out my side door...well the rest of the house has to wait while constantly sweep and mop my kitchen floor!lol I now have a towel at the boot rack so I can wipe the dogs' paws off when they come in from their walks...It seems to be a never ending chore.

THe weather here is great! It's 42 here withlots of sunshine. The snow is melting really fast. It's supposed to be in teh 50s for the next few days so I plan on spending lots of time outside. I'm going to repot my indoor plants too.

My eating has been good. I've gone a whole week without junk food! No chips and no cookies and such! YAY me. But I reallly realllyyy have to get into the gym now that I'm not at work everyday to burn off the calories. And got to start running too. GOnna try on the treadmill at first. I think...if I don't fall off and injur myself!lol

Have a great weekend everyone!

RavenToy
02-27-2004, 01:35 PM
Hiyas Chickies...

Hiyas Shayla and welcome! I'm a relative newcomer to this thread, but not the site. And yes, I'm slightly obsessive about my scale, though I've gotten better. Not necessarily about how often I weigh, more about how I let the fluctuations affect me and my progress. I weigh in at least once in the morning. But then, like yesterday when I was stuck at home all day because of snow and I didn't feel like cleaning house... lordie I think I hopped on that thing at least 5 times. :dunno:

Tulip - I moved south so I could get away from snow days. The one or two times we get it here is MORE than enough for me. I get cranky. ;) I don't do cold well. I'm a self admitted weather wimp. I love the heat, though.

Grasshopper - Happy Birthday!!! :hb: :gift: :hat: :balloons: I swear you don't look a day over .. uhm .. :mag: 26! :yes: Its a day early, I know, but in case I don't get a chance to pop in here and post tomorrow morning I don't want you to think I forgot your birthday! I think, personally, that if you ever thought about joining a gym, you can say "back to." ;)

HS - I have to admit I stay away from "unfriendly scales" - which means any scale but mine and the one I have no choice about - the doc's. :yikes: Good for you for getting the eating cleaned up!! And have FUN at the gym! Do you have a treadmill at home? :tread:

I'm a happy camper today. My horse rolled in the major muck the other day and got filth in his eye (I really do think he's half pig :ink: ), and of course it swelled up and looked horrid. I rinsed it real well, and put ointment in it. Thank goodness it's all cleared up today - I really didn't want to deal with a vet call right now! :p And!! I'm down another pound, which puts me at a half pound below my 5 pound goal for this month. Woo! :cb: I did 4 miles on the treadmill Thursday, since I didn't go to work because of the snow. Then did my usual 2 miles this morning. I suppose I really do need to throw in some weights again. :strong: This puts me back to where I was before I did my nose dive off the wagon last fall. I think there was a part of me that thought I'd never make it here again. Well, I did, and now it's time to Keep Going!!

Hope everyone is feeling good and looking forward to a great weekend!

little grasshopper
02-27-2004, 06:11 PM
Hi girls!! You won't believe the day I've had! We had this sweet little patient come in today. Happy as a clam when she got there (looking back....manic) and then 2 hours later she was yelling demons out of people and seeing evil spirits all over the place! At 5 when I left she was still there and still not doing well. None of us saw that coming at all. She is from out of state and flies home tomorrow. ug. I'd hate to be the person next to her on the plane - yikes!!! I don't mean to pick on her at all because she is just in pitiful shape right now and has no diagnosis that we are aware of that would let us know this could be hiding out in her little head. I felt so sorry for her but some of the stuff she came up with you just had to laugh at! Hopefully they can get her stable tonight.

Thank you for the happy birthdays! :) I'm enjoying the whole weekend so far. But to let you know how bad I am with time right now - over stressed I guess. TODAY is my birthday - not tomorrow. I forgot the date of MY OWN BIRTHDAY! (well, the day, not the date). Anyway, we ARE going out tomorrow night. looking forward to it.

RT I thoroughly enjoyed reading your post. Made me laugh! I think my dog is half pig. They really do need to put more laws on where pigs are allowed to roam freely - they're just mixing with all kinds of animals these days!! :dizzy:

Oh, and I DO NOT get on other people's scales!! I use to get on the one's at the gym, until they moved them to the MIDDLE OF THE WEIGHT ROOM!!! Now the whole room can watch you get on the scales. I DON'T THINK SO! I haven't seen a girl get on them since!

Snow is melting and it should be in the 60's by weekend-end. HS - how is you were warmer than us today? Something's odd about that.......

Well, I have to get ready to go to dinner. I'll write more later. Oh, got on the scales today. All this bad eating.....4 pounds. Pretty sure it's not just water now. I promise to do better next week. :)

Hotsplashes
02-27-2004, 06:22 PM
:hb: :hb: :hb: :hb: :hb: :hb: :hb: :hb: :hb: :hb: :hb: :hb: :hb: :hb: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :gift: :balloons: :balloons: :balloons: :balloons: :balloons: :balloons: :balloons:

Ok...and here I was the only one who thought Grassie's Bday was tomorrow! Even SHE thought it was tomorrow...well at least I got in the Bday Wishes while the day was still here!!

HAPPY Sparkley Day Grassie!!!

:chockiss: :chockiss: :chockiss: :chockiss: :chockiss: :chockiss: :chockiss: :chockiss: :chockiss: :chockiss: :chockiss: :chockiss: :chockiss: :chockiss:

Tulip-Fairy
02-28-2004, 02:26 PM
Just popped in to wish Grassie a Happy Birthday!!!

I'll be back tomorrow to see how your all doing!

Hotsplashes
02-29-2004, 01:17 AM
Just had to post realy quick so we didn't fall off the board! I'll see everyone tomorrow hopefully!

little grasshopper
02-29-2004, 09:39 AM
Hi guys! Thank you for all the Birthday wishes. I had a great one. Blew good eating out of the water, but I knew I'd do that. I planned for it :)

We went to this great new place called Twisted Fork. It reminded me of something you'd see in NY or LA - not Raleigh. It was really cool and I had amazing food! I think this meal was worthy of a "last supper" before being very good again. I feel good about it all now. Got lots of massage stuff - sheets, blankets, candles....and BF got me an incredible set of knives. (I won't use those in my massage practice....don't worry :) )

I hope you are all doing well! Talk to you this week, when we're all back and doing well - time to be loosers!!!! I will bring the scales back out this week and let you all know the damage. Time to come clean and make some changes for the better. :) see you soon. Meri

LeanneM83
02-29-2004, 11:37 AM
HI Ladies

My scale and I are getting along VERY well these days....136.2....yay, yay, yay!
I am absolutely LOVING this weather eh HS?? FInally, getting rid of some of that SNOW...yuck!...I am looking forward to taking the boys out for a walk today and enjoying this "heatwave"....
I have developed a craving for Tim Hortons Bagels....I have always liked them, but now I always want them...and I know that wont reflect nicely on the scale...I have also become fond of rice cakes, so I am trying to replace the bagel craving for rice cakes...so far so good...*fingers crossed*
Glad to hear everyone is doing pretty well...

Leanne
SW 215 (august 1/03)
CW 136.2
Baby #3 Due, September 20th/04 :lol:

Hotsplashes
02-29-2004, 07:37 PM
Hay Leanne! Lovely to see you! Yes it was lovely here today. Nearly 60...but rain is in the forecast. Hope it's nicer up NOrth...and have you tried those Quaker ricecakes in Caramel? I LOVE them...unfortunately I eat a whole bag in one sitting.

Grassie sounds like you made out like a bandit! And I love getting a good set of knives. One can never have enuff sharp knives in the kitchen..

Well...I am proud of myself for the fact that bf wanted to go for fastfood for supper and I said NO!! YAY ME!

See everyone tomorrow after I take my neighbor for his bloodwork and his Qi Gong class.

little grasshopper
03-01-2004, 08:16 AM
Hi guys!! It's an incredible day here! Sun is shining (figures - I just bought a full spectrum light) and it's in the 60's today. Gives a nice dose of spring fever!! I'll have to start tending my herb garden soon. Can't wait!!

Leanne - even the plain rice cakes with a touch of almond butter are really really good!! That's my snack at school at night. I have to warn you though - I'm the only person that NO ONE ever begs food off of. Must look really wierd :)

ok guys. Today is it.....I WILL be good today and I WILL start back on my eating program today! I have all the food for it. I'm ready to go!! Getting my hair cut, going to the gym. Toe is better but not great so I'm sticking to weights and stretches - yoga, pillates, stuff like that. The main thing is that I'm going to MOVE! :) YIPPEEE!!! I feel like I'm ready. The problem I hit is that when I get to my afternoon job there is candy everywhere and not a healthy food in the whole place! That's where I have to be strong.

I feel like I'm ready again now though. BF is back on South Beach so that helps. 125 here I come!!!!

I hope you are all as excited about your monday morning. :) See you soon!

Hotsplashes
03-01-2004, 08:25 AM
Well, tis time for me to get ready to take Neighbor for his dr. appt and then it's off to Qi Gong with him. I really love this class..and it's a great work out. As you folks can prolly already tell, I'm in a great mood and full of energy! Great way to start a Monday!!! Hope to see everyone here today!!!! :gossip: Needed to start the day off bright and early this AM so we wouldn't get knocked off the board! So here I am! :D

This week I'm hoping to see Miss Elisha and Raventoy again! Raven was probably out riding her horses with her kids and enjoying the lovely weather. Miss Elisha was probably out being energetic and making us couch potatoes look lazy!lol :p

As everyone can see, LeAnne made it back to the board! And it sounds like she's over her morning sickness and her puter is back in working order! YAYYY Welcome back LeAnne! :dizzy:

Now for us regulars...I'm starting to think of me, Tulip, and Grassie as the Three Musketeers!LMAO Anywho....I have high hopes that all of us will be back OP this week and hit our targets this week or this month, Just like Raven did! I have been so inspired this weekend by several thing that I have just come to the conclusion. I need to do this for me. For noone else, for no special reason other than to be happy and healthy. :strong: :strong:

I'm going to be going through my closets today and tossing out ALL my 'fat clothes' that are too big for me. That way I will not have an excuse to fall back on for gaining any of the wieght back. I've already started posting inspirational stuff on my fridge. And I'm going to be going through my fitness magazines and getting some pics out them and posting them up on the fridge beside a fat pic of me. That should be an eyeopener when I go to reach in the icebox! :idea:

Hotsplashes
03-01-2004, 08:27 AM
Wow..how bizarre. Only half my postie got posted.... ok never mind...I see that half of it back on Page 4!!!!LMAO looks like we'll be needing to start SA#6 soon!!!

Hotsplashes
03-01-2004, 08:28 AM
ok...I was wrong...It's not there...then what happened to the first part of my postie?????

little grasshopper
03-01-2004, 08:55 AM
Poor thing! I see your post just fine. I'm glad you're having a good day and have fun tossing the fat clothes!!! I'm going to toss mine as soon as I can get new ones that fit! :) Really looking forwared to that!!

okay, off to hair cut and start a business plan! I've been up for 2 hours now and haven't cheated yet. Doing good so far :D :D :lol: :D :D

Everyone have a GREAT DAY!!!!!

RavenToy
03-01-2004, 11:59 AM
Hey ladies.. I'm here.

Just had a bit of a rough weekend. The ex is causing problems - I survived with a minor burp of off-plan eating Saturday night - three pieces of pizza - which I guess is just not that big of a disaster. I'm ready to start the new month, I made my goal for last month, so I can do it again. I'm pleased that my minor excursion into non-approved foods didn't turn into a full blown dive off the wagon. Tonight is my son's riding lesson, I think I'll be taking one too. That ought to do for a workout, since I missed this morning's run on the treadmill. :(

HS - I'm not sure what the first half of your post is, but the one I see starts with taking your neighbor to qi gong. I applaud your tossing the fat clothes.. as soon as I have any to toss, I will. I'm amazed that I can lose nearly 30 pounds and still be wearing the same jeans. Yes, they're loose, but... I think that just illustrates to me how incredibly tight they had gotten. I refused to buy bigger clothes. I'd better shrink out of them pretty darn soon, because they're wearing out and I have smaller ones I can ALMOST wear, but I won't because of that roll over the top. Yech. And I sure as heck am not going to buy another pair of 16s no way no how. :nono:

Happy March! Spring is truly just around the corner now!

Tulip-Fairy
03-01-2004, 03:24 PM
Good Evening ladies?!

Sorry I didn't get on this morning, my friend as just got back from her holiday in Australia...spent the morning catching up on the gossip!! Shared a really healthy lunch with her...she has managed to put on only 4lbs in the 3 weeks that she has been away, so she's dead chuffed but is still maintaining her weight loss so will give me great support to reach my target weight!!

It's still that ToM so my scales are a bit out at the end of this month but i will lose that by the end of this week...both me and hubby are doing really well, it really helping, us doing it together.

Glad you enjoyed your birthday Grassie, don't worry about the birthday excess - just knuckle down and be good now it's over!! Glad to hear the knives are for the massage clients...although they may have come in handy when dealing with our dodgy customer!! :devil: :D

Leanne - glad your feeling well now, glad you like your scales now!!!

Splashes - Sounds like your having fun not working and helping out your neighbour...wonder who's enjoying it the most, you or your neighbour??? :lol: :lol: :lol: As for getting rid of the fat clothes...well done, it is so empowering to clear them all out...there's no going back, just forward to the new clothes shop!!!! :s: :lol: :) I have a wardrobe full of new clothes that i bought last year so can't throw them out as they are all so new...one pair of trousers i haven't even worn!!! I am going to get a seamstress to come over and alter them for me! Cheaper than buying new, and these were my new slim clothes this time last year, but now i'm even smaller :D I'm so pleased with myself!!! Hubby has to go and buy new clothes as well as all his clothes are falling off him. I am going to get his suit trousers altered as it's a new suit!! In fact i'm going to see if i can post before and after pictures to let you see our progress. I posted mine on a different thread on here, but wil do hubby's also.

RT did you enjoy your 3 peices of pizza?? Your right it's not that bad, especially if you enjoyed them! :D

Miss Elisha - were'd you go??

miss_elisha
03-01-2004, 11:34 PM
Sorry I've been out. My computer went a little hay-wire on me, and while My Brother the Computer Genius is fixing it he gave me his new one to use (since he's never here long enough to even hook it up), and it's really nice, but it runs Linux, so it took me a while to figure out some things. Haven't been online a lot over the past few days, and when I have been I've been looking for a job! And then there's the whole life thing, sorting out bills and friends and trying to get my mind around my (un-)romantic situation, and all of that can get kind of distracting. But I'm here now, and I should be good for a while. :)
Anyway, on to the important stuff....
Today was my first recorded weigh-in and measure since I started this health kick about 3 weeks ago. The results: 2 pounds down! Not the hoped-far 5, but about what I expected. In the past few days I've adopted a more pro-active approach to this whole weight loss business, and it's helped me tremendously already. I'm actually trying to figure out how my body responds to different foods and exercises and so forth rather than trying to force myself into a specific diet or routine.
I came across a slight problem today though: I keep referring to this effort as a "health kick" or even as an "effort" or an "attempt." But that's not right. All of those terms make it sounds like I'm just playing, like I'm not really going to do it. But I am, so I need to come up with a better term. Any suggestions?

Oh dear... my mind has been so spastic the past few days that even I don't know what's going on inside my head. Not only have I lost my train of thought, but I think a few days back there was a major derailing that caused one heck of a pile-up, and my little brain-train engineers are still trying to sort out the mess. Bear with me...

RavenToy
03-02-2004, 05:52 AM
A really quick response here, then I'll post more from work..

Elisha - How about your new lifestyle? Because that's what you're aiming for. :)

little grasshopper
03-02-2004, 08:47 AM
Hi! Elisha - I like RT's - how about Way of life. That's what I'm calling mine. I have the same problem. If I think about this in a what I can have/what I can't kind of way I get really upset and frustrated. It all seems like so much effort RIGHT NOW. I'm more prone to just deciding I'll start tomorrow. I have to really focus on what I CAN DO NOW! And how great I'll look this time next month.

You guys will like this....knowing how limitted my diet is....I met my BF through a dating site on the net (yahoo). COMPLETELY out of charactor for both of us. We were kind of pushed into it by friends who were doing the same thing. Now their all upset because we met each other and they met wierd people....anyway.....one of the people that kept writing, wanting to meet, talk, write, ANYTHING, had a big line in his ad that actaully said "and please, PLEASE, don't be a picky eater." At the time I thought it was my short coming that I'd let myself gain weight and now had to be a picky eater so I could lose it. Now I realize that being careful about what you eat is what keeps you healthy, strong, pain free, energetic, and over all a lot better off than the high metabolism, eat anything they want people like that guy!

RT I'm sorry the ex is giving you problems. Nice reminder of why it's called "ex" ?? :) Sounds like you're pretty motivated - good for you! And Congratulations on making your goal last month!!! I made mine -then gained it all back..all in one little month. I have a solid goal for this month though. 4 pounds. (that includes water weight because I've been so bad lately). Hopefully we can both make it!!

TF how is job searching going?? I guess I can ask that about all of us huh!! How is everyone doing??? HS seems to be enjoying freedom for a few days! OH and Qi Gong is WONDERFUL! I take it every Tuesday night and I never thought I'd like it so much. It's part of one of my classes - I'm going to sign up after class is over too.

Anyway, TF - please do post your photos - before and after! I'd post mine and BF's but he looks exactly the same! 30 pounds diff, and unless he's in his riding uniform (cycling) you can't tell at all. (or neked, and your not getting those!! :) )

Ok, time to fess up about yesterday - I did wonderful until 3:30 when I realized there was a pack of chocolate truffles in the office. I had 3-4. It didn't derail the rest of my day though. The thing is that last night I got a HORRIBLE headache!! The only thing I could think about was those truffles. Maybe it's enough to carry me through detox so that I can make it for sure!

Okay, I'm talked enough now - see you all later today! mrm

Hotsplashes
03-02-2004, 11:13 AM
Good morning ladies....!!! ...I'm still trying to find the first part of my post where I was congratulating everyone and wondering where Miss Elisha was etc. Maybe it got sent out to the people i was mentioning cuz here they are!lol It was great to see LeAnne back! And she's getting thinner instead of fatter while pregnannt...hmmmm what's her secret?LOL

RT, give the ex some exlax....will make him go away right quick! And yes I hear you about realizing how tight the fat clothes get. I was doing the lay down on the bed and do up my jeans thing...or stealing the bf's jeans. I refused to keep spending money on ever expanding waistsizes. Do you find that all the work at the barn is a good work out? that's what helps me. Keep up the awesome work! What is this month's stealth goal?

Miss Elisha...wonderful to see you back with us! YEs..."Lifestyle" is the word you are looking for. It's a change in the way you live. If you read the Body For Life book, you'll get a great understanding of that statement. Same as with Dr. Phil's book. It's something you are going to be doing for the rest of your life. Hope this helps in some strange way!lol

Tulip! Good for you on having a fun weekend. And as for the seamstress...yes it sometimes is cheaper than buying new clothes. wow pants you haven't even worn yet! I got pants like that too! Nearly into them too. Can't wait.

Grassie, keep up the good work. We all fall off the wagon...but just think...you didn't eat half a loaf of apple cinnamon bread like me!! I know what you mean about bf not looking much different...my bf is the same way..he gain or lose 30lbs and not look any different unless he's in his undies!lol Hope your exams are going well!ok time for me to go and do something constructive. What...I don't know yet..but I'll think of something!lol

Hotsplashes
03-02-2004, 11:15 AM
yayyy the whole thing showed up!!!!!

Tulip-Fairy
03-02-2004, 05:50 PM
Just a quickie....it's past my bed time, but it's the only time i could get on here...homework rules in this house in term time!!!! LOL

job hunting is going well..going to see a catering business tomorrow with the intentions of buying it!!! wish me luck...we have been saying our prayer since making the appointment this morning!!!

Promise i will right more tomorrow, but have been researching business venture all day and am now wacked out!!! Even forgot to wiegh myself this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

C U All 2moro!!

Tulip
~x~

Hotsplashes
03-02-2004, 09:15 PM
On my way to bed...thought I'd tell everyone I stayed OP today on eating! THat's two days in a row. Yay me! Hope to see everyone tomorrow!

little grasshopper
03-02-2004, 10:56 PM
Hi guys, in my way to study but wanted to tell you all that I made it! I have gone through the entire day without cheating once! okay, so i drank some tap water - but weight wise, I did GREAT!!!! I'm so excited!!!

HS -congratulations to you too!!!!!! That's HUGE! Twice as much as me :) haha!

TF - no weighing in today....this venture really is huge! seriously though - good luck tomorrow. If it's the right deal for you, I hope it falls into place perfectly!! I'll be thinking about you!

See everyone tomorrow!!!! RT, Leanne, Elisha - can't wait to hear more from you tomorrow!

RavenToy
03-03-2004, 09:41 AM
Good morning ladies!

Well, I've been doing alright. Not perfect. But alright. I'm not going to beat myself up over the small slip ups. This thing with me ex wore me out mentally to the point where I was totally exhausted. So far though, no more whining from his part of the world. I don't expect it's over, but for NOW at least it's quiet on the front lines. ;)

Yesterday I had an attack of the major, painful hungries. Not appetite, hunger. I looked back in my journals, and I've discovered a pattern. About one week before my period starts, I have one or two days where I am absolutely starving. I wish I could ignore it, but it really gets extremely uncomfortable. I was totally unprepared for it, and I had no acceptable food here other than my lunch and my orange. I ate those and about 2 hours later was just miserably hungry. So I bought a snickers bar, cut it in half, logged it into fitday, and dealt with it. I was even drinking water to try to stave off the hunger, but it was doing *nothing* ... So today I'm prepared. And I think I'm going to work on keeping something here at work that can help me deal with those "episodes."

My exercise got derailed completely, and then this morning it's just not possible because of the time issues getting my daughter to the stables for her day of work so she can earn her lesson time. But I'll be ready to get back on that treadmill tomorrow morning. :D

:bravo: to Grasshopper and HS for their victories!! Mondo good work, girls!

HS - My stealth goal is 176. That's a bit ambitious, but since the "reasonable and acceptable" goal is always the same thing - 5 pounds - I feel free to set my stealth goal high. Who knows? I might get there!! I started out this month at 186, which makes my standard goal 181. Today I'm at 184, which means I only have to lose 3 pounds to hit it. I need to push harder and drop 8 pounds to hit my stealth goal. I remember seeing 176 on the scale. The thought at that point was "ok .. this isn't a disaster, I'm ONLY 9 pounds up from my weight when I moved to GA, I can lose this." Yeah. Then I took it upon myself to singlehandedly eat everything in Georgia. :rolleyes: So yeah, 176 would be awesome on a couple fronts - it would put me solidly into the 170s, which would be SO cool. And it would be that last memory of my gruesome climb up the scale since I moved down here. I would feel pretty triumphant with that one.

TF - Wow... I really hope things work out for you!! How exciting!!! Keep us posted, please?

Grasshopper - Cool beans.. really. I know often that first day is just absolutely a struggle. And you did it. :high:

Today is going to be a bear at work. *headache face* I hope everyone else has a GREAT one!

little grasshopper
03-03-2004, 01:14 PM
Hi guys - you sleeping in late today :) just kidding!!

I did great yesterday and was rewarded today with a 1 pound water weight loss! I'll take it! :) So I'm at 137.5 (goal is 120-125).

Making it through yesterday really was an a miracle. I've officially hit the wall with the amount of "growing pains" i.e. inappropriate behavior allowed out of a college's directors, teachers, and staff. Last night was the final straw. I've made the calls today and am filing a formal complaint on several levels. I feel better about having made the call. I will talk to the Dean this afternoon. Remember Mr. Creepy hands. Well last night a Day class student told us that me and the student that was grabbed were "made examples of" to their entire class. She gave them all kinds of bad info on what happened and how we handled it and basically made us look like fools to her whole class. Now most of this class can't stand the woman anyway but STILL. That was inappropriate on so many levels. The way the school has handled this situation from the very beginning is just pathetic! I'm tired of dealing with it.

Well, eating has been good today. I feel much better now. Headaches stillt here but more energy and slept soo very well last night. It's beautiful here today! Even studied outside today.

We're gonna look so good for spring!!!!! Exciting! Just thing how great it's going to be if we keep up this good work! WE CAN DO IT GUYS!!!!

Hotsplashes
03-03-2004, 03:12 PM
Howdie doo everyone! I see we're missing some people still! I don't see Blaue Liebe, Miss Elisha, nor Leanne......Hope you ladies pop in real soon!

Tulip! I hope all your interviewing and such went well and was successful today! Keep us informed. It sounds like it would be a job that you would enjoy very much. What exactly will you be doing? Are you a chef? There's so much I really don't know about all of us here at SA! Maybe we should start one of those fun surveys! I'll do that after this post!

YAYYYY for Grassie! As Raventoy said in my journal, One day Leads to Two Days, Leads to Three Days! One day at a Time, Grassie! Now a super BIG YYAAAAAHOOOOOOOOO!!!! for you for standing up for your rights. That teacher had NO rights either personally, ethically, nor legally to use you and the other student as an example. Make sure to check into Ethics codes and such...she can lose her job for that...at least up here she would. Stand Tall and Proud! You are doing an amazing thing and setting a wonderful example for everyone! KEEP UP THE AWESOME WORK@!!!! :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

Raven! Thanks for posting in my short little entry in my journal! Just that single post from you gave me so much confidence in myself you wouldn't believe it! And it's Awesome that you have been able to correlate the two day hunger pangs with your ToM. Alot of times, people won't take the time to try and analyze why, or where, things come from or happen. As for Wednesdays being your busy day, why not do something simple like taking a nice walk while you are waiting for your daughter to be done work? Or even consider it a rest day. Treat yourself to something nice, a bubble bath, a magazine and private reading time. Something that can relax you after such a hectic day? You DESERVE IT!@!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Well ladies, after this I am going to post my little survey...I hope everyone joins in! :D :D :D :D

little grasshopper
03-03-2004, 03:14 PM
I'm a sucker for surveys! I'm in.....

Hotsplashes
03-03-2004, 03:28 PM
What's yer name? Or what do you go by?

Dang...depends on who's callin' me!lol Michele, Mikki, Hay You,!lol

Where ya from?

Right now, Niagara Region of ONtario Canada. Have lived in: California, Mexic, Japan, NY, FLA, CO.

What do ya do?

Hmmm...Happily Unemployed at the moment. But am Horsie Physiotherapist by Education. Horsetrainer by Trade. Bartender by choice.

Kids or Pets or both?

Pets... but my pets ARE my kids!lol Dobie, JRT, Fish, Cat and of course the horse.

What do want to be when when you grow up?

I want to be the Tyrant of a small tropical country. I'm working on Antigua!lol

What is the current CD in your player or that you last listened to?

Love Below by OutKast

Last Movie watched?

Pirates of the Carribean

Last Restaurant you ate at?

Spagucci's, italian...over priced and overrated.

You're favorite food to go out for?

Mexican or Japanese

First thing you are going to do when you hit your goal weight?

Go out to Suisha Gardens and eat TONS of Japanese! It's one of those restaurants that the chef is in themiddle of the table and cooks for you.

Piece of clothing you want to wear most when you hit goal?

A pair of shorts and a tank top.

Any other goals for celebrating?

Yes, A weekend at a spa and get pampered. A new wardrobe. A trip to Italy!

HOpe everyone enjoys this little survey!

:D :D :D :D :D :D

little grasshopper
03-03-2004, 04:17 PM

Meri but Little Grasshopper is a real nickname from my martial arts days. There was already a big grasshopper.....

Where ya from?

From a beach town -Wilmington NC (I hour north of Myrtle Beach) and have lived all over NC. Still in love with the State

What do ya do?

I am a full time student (massage therapy program) and I work two part time jobs to pay bills - one legal research - the other Medical office stuff.

Kids or Pets or both?

Pets... but my pets ARE my kids!l Dog - Australian Sheppard - Mac. And fishies! I will get another dog as soon as I'm out of school and settled.

Retired! :) lol! I want to combine Massage, Kinesiology and NueroMuscular reprogramming to work with chronic pain clients.

Louis Armstrong and Ella Fitzgerald - love good Jazz!

Last Movie watched?

50 first dates. Cute date movie.

Twisted fork - over priced but YUMMY!!

Mexican!!

3 day weekend at the beach - I'll live in that 2 piece :) I'm not sure I want to reward with food right now :)

A sexy black dress (at night, after wearing the 2 piece all day :) )

A weekend in Asheville, hiking, climbing and camping and a trip packing through Europe.

RavenToy
03-03-2004, 08:27 PM

Marian, Mom, Babe, RT

Where ya from?

Alaska for 35 years, moved to GA 8 years ago to be with a guy I met online. Yep, we're still together.

What do ya do?

*groan* I work full time, I home school two kids, I work at a stable whenever I can to earn lesson time.

Kids or Pets or both?

Pets, kids, and a boyfriend. Two horses (stb three) Mt. Shadow Bay Appendix Mare, Arashi Rei Cremello Quarter Horse Gelding. Three dogs Callisto the boston mantle merle Great Dane, Ursa the white with brown spots Rat Terrier, Artemis the foster greyhound/husky mix. Four snakes one boa (my big boa died last week :( ) Miss Piggy (but I think he's a Mister). Two corn snakes Broken Arrow and Peppermint Patty. One king snake Houdini. One leucistic texas rat Omen. Four lizards onne Australian Bearded Dragon named Red, one yellow leopard gecko Neon, one normal leopard gecko Chaz, one cuban rhino iguana Hera. Two kids - Ian (Machine) 12, and Valeska (Nickie) 15. Live in boyfriend Richard. :D

I have to grow up? :( Ok, dream time. I want to buy enough land to be able to build at least two houses, and have many horses. I want around 60 acres. I want to complete a training program for horses, and do that for a living.

The Dralion Soundtrack

Last Movie watched?

At the theatre? I don't remember. Here at the house? Seabiscuit. :D

Chili's - Caribbean Salad

Mexican

Schedule my tummy tuck!

Anything I WANT to! Tank tops, hipsters, shorts, bathing suits... ALL of it!

That weekend in Asheville sounds awesome. A trip to Disneyworld with my family. Buy a Honda Shadow Spirit. Maybe a new tat. Just have fun!

little grasshopper
03-03-2004, 08:46 PM
RT - how funny...I met Greg on line also (my boyfriend). my mother has finally - after all this time, stopped calling him "that freak from the internet..." she likes him now!

miss_elisha
03-04-2004, 01:59 AM

Elisha, Lish, Smarta**

Where ya from?

North-central West Virginia. Left a couple of times but always came back, and finally got it through my head how much I really love it here. Unfortunately, not much business opportunity here, so as soon as I find a real job I'll probably be moving elsewhere.

What do ya do?

I'm currently working part-time as a sales associate at a department store, or in other words I'm looking for a job.

Kids or Pets or both?

Pets, for now. I personally have one kitten, Camilla, but there are 5 other cats, A shepherd-lab mix named Streak, Buddy the beagle, Archie and Jughead the indeterminate breeds, an attack bunny name Beatrix, some chickens, and a bunch of ducks.

Either an editor in a book publishing company, a college English professor, or something to do with education systems or improving the quality of education.

All Mighty Senators

Last Movie watched?

Matchstick Men

Applebee's

Mexican or Italian

Go shopping! I want cute clothes!

Bikini

A trip to Greece. Or Disneyworld. Both of them will come in time. A new wardrobe.

~E

Hotsplashes
03-04-2004, 12:03 PM
Morning Ladies! My addiction won out last night. I was getting ready to have a shower and the Scale called to me. I fought like crazy saying..."But I don't want to get on till Friday!" The scale replied back, "Trust usssssssss....You will be happyyyyyyyyyy...we are your friieeeeeeeeeeennnnnnnnnnd...."

So I did....

ANd guess what....Down 3 lbs! and back at pre xmas weight! YAY ME!

I love reading everyone's surveys!

SW: 199
CW: 169
GW: 135 -140 or an off the rack size 8!

little grasshopper
03-04-2004, 12:26 PM
HS - yeah!!!!!! :bravo: :cp: :cp: :cb: :cb: :cp: :cp: pre christmas weight is huge!!! You were losing like crazy then, weren't you!

Sounds like we all need to get together for some Mexican food!! We have this great place in town that is pretty authentic. Just so happens that one of my classmates is a waiter there. We get GREAT drinks :) :) I would eat there every day if I knew my butt wouldn't look like I was doing just that. :lol:

Today has been okay. Forgot to take Vitamins and am really struggling with not wanting to eat any of the 5 foods I'm allowed. I work at the clinic tomorrow though and am going to ask him if I can go on a protein drink or something like that. When I work out (TF - see that...twice at the gym, and I'm claiming to work out....) I get lightheaded easily. Need more food....tired of eating it.

Last night a box of splenda chocolate ice cream took me hostage. I am completely not allowed to have it but was still proud of myself for resisting the box of chocolates and cookies at my desk all day long!!!! I still lost 1/2 pound. Exciting but not very - I know it's just water at this point. I want my 133 back :)

Next week I think my toe will be well enough to hit the gym again. :) I find I miss the treadmill. RT are you sending the Treadmill vibe my way??? send away girlie!! I can use all the help you've got!!

Where is TF?? I hope the meetings went well for her!!!!

okay, this chapter of the book is done for today. Talk to you guys soon!! Hope you're all doing well and getting skinnier by the minute :)

RavenToy
03-04-2004, 01:29 PM
Woo HS!!! *doin' the 'watch her go' dance!* :cb: :cp: :dance: Ya'll are gonna leave me in the dust!

We have this wonderful mexican place here.. they serve the white cheese with jalapenos and unlimited chips... you can really pork out there, if you want. My kids always want to go there for their birthdays!

Grasshopper - FIVE foods?? I'd have been insane within 2 days. Unless one of the five allowed was ice cream. Then I'd be set for life. Is this a test run for allergic reactions? Tell me you aren't limited for life?? I remember when I finally decided to move to GA to meet Richard and see if we could actually make it as a couple real time - I'd never been out of Alaska and you should have heard the folks telling me I'd HATE GA and omg he's probably an axe murderer... :lol: I'll admit he's a little twisted, but those are his GOOD qualities! Sadly, my mom never got to meet him. I know she would have thought he was great. Sending oodles of good, positive, treadmill vibes your way!! :goodvibes: :goodvibes: :goodvibes: GOoooooooooo Grasshopper!!! Rah! :cheer:

Hotsplashes
03-04-2004, 08:03 PM
:tread: :tread: :tread: :tread: :tread: Well, I hope Tulip Fairy is doing well and that the Catering guys didn't take her away from us forever! And I hope everyone else gets a chance to drop by. LeAnne, Blaue Liebe, And everyone else who's gone MIA...COME BACK! WE MISS YOU!!! :df: :df: :df: :df: :df: Good evening everyone! Another good day of eating! And went to a job interview and I start next week. Back into Hi-end Woman's Fashion retail I go!lol It's kinda funny to see me selling expensive clothes. But I'm good at it. It still didn't rain here today so I was quite satisfied with that. Woulda been happier if it had been sunny out! The weathermen have been wrong everyday so far about their weather forecasts!lol :rain: :rain: :rain: :rain: :rain:

Grassie you sound in a wonderful mood today! That is awesome. And back into the gym! Amazing!! You are just blasting off the pounds! And yes I was losing like crazy before xmas...but then I fell off the eating wagon. And of course the physical labor of my job helped alot. Which is why I need to get back into the Gym. Hay how is the "Creepy Hands" case going? I'm really interested in hearing what comes of that. That teacher of yours sound like a downright B**Ch! Build up them muscles so's you can kick her but! I also noticed that you, Raven, and I all have roughly the same weight goal, @135 range. We should all be each other's supporters! Then we'll all go and use our muscles on Mr. Creepy Hands!LMAO :strong: :strong: :strong: :strong: :strong:

Raven, I gotta thank you for all the nice things you put in my journal! How's the kids and the critters? My horse is a ball of mud and I have to keep wiping my dogs's paws off after their walks. It's not raining here but it's wet and muddy. We just had a filly born at the farm on Sunday, tiniest little thing. This stud seems to be throwing small babies even on large mares. But they are good as far as conformation goes. This one looks like she's gonna be grulla. Hay...send some of those Treadmill vibes my way!!! Maybe it'll git me in gear to git into the gym!

Hotsplashes
03-04-2004, 08:04 PM
CRAP!!! it only printed half my post again!!!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Hotsplashes
03-04-2004, 08:06 PM
ok...not half...jsut messed up! this site has issues...I swear it

little grasshopper
03-04-2004, 10:22 PM
HS you make me laugh. At this time of night I've had my biweekly massage and I'm relaxed.

I have to share this so you guys don't think it's all fun and fluff at massage school (i know you dont - just put that in for effect :) ) Tonight we had to get down to our undies (just take off our pants) and examine each other's abs. GREAT time to be feeling fat!!! I get the one guy in the class AND I'm wearing baby blue, lacy undies. Even better! So do I do his exam then It's my turn. He's very professional about the panties - but he pokes me in the tummy and says, "you're holding that in! relax and let it go!!" I'm sorry dude, but short of failing this class, I am NOT letting my chunky tummy hang out for you while standing in a t-shirt and socks and blue panties!!! sorry - it ain't happening. (in truth I just said uh-uh and he started laughing.). Then we did deep tissue massage on the tummy. Very very wierd.

mood is good. I ate well today and doc is going to see if I can have a rice based protein drink tomorrow. Cross your fingers for me!!

It was 80 here today - INCREDIBLE!!! Took Mac to the dog park, studied outside and finished up 2 of 5 papers. Things are going well. Now i just have to get through 2 more exams and it's spring break!!!! yippie yippie!!!!!

I'll weigh in tomorrow after my weigh in. Can't think well tonight so I know I'm not answering any questions!! I'll check in am tomorrow.

LeanneM83
03-05-2004, 10:59 AM
Hi Everyone...

I am still here....my hubby FINALLY went back to work, so I have been keeping myself VERY busy getting stuff done and throwing stuff AWAY, hoping we will soon move to a bigger house on the base here....YAY!!
My weight is STILL 136.2-137...it helps having that scale to remind me EVERY day....
Hope everyone is doing well..........so far so good for me!
Leanne
SW 215
CW 137
Due date: September 20th/04 :lol:

Hotsplashes
03-05-2004, 01:24 PM
I'm sorry to say, Grassie but you left me with a VERY humorous image of you and that guy in yer undies. Wonderful post! Made me smile! Congrats on getting so much done! And I hope the Doc let's you get the rice drink in! And just think, only 2 more exams and it's Spring Break! ANd 80 Degrees!!! I'm just happy that it's 55 here!LMAO Have a great weekend and good luck tomorrow!

LeANnnnnneeee!!!!! Congrats on your maintenance. Ooh and duedate! Wonderful! A Libra Baby....how awesome! I just don't envy you carrying through the summer. Keep up the great work, and don't forget that it's normal to gain weight for pregnancy!lol Gonna be a healthy baby! Do you want another boy, or are you hoping for a girl? Got any names picked yet?

Miss Elisha, Tulip Fairy, Raven Toy, Blaue Liebe, hope to see you all later!

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Hotsplashes
03-05-2004, 01:25 PM
50 Reasons to Exercise!

1. Burn calories
2. Increase your metabolism
3. Lose weight
4. Lower your body fat
5. Lower your bmi
6. Prevent weight gain
7. Build muscle & get stronger
8. Increase endurance & stamina
9. Feel energized
10. Increase self-esteem and confidence
11. Feel & look healthy
12. Look younger
13. Burn your fat clothes
14. No more starving yourself
15. Enjoy all types of food without gaining weight
16. Improve circulation
17. Relieve stress
18. Reduce anxiety levels
19. Alleviate depression
20. Prevent injuries
21. Reduce low-back pain
22. Strengthen joints
23. Alleviate or prevent migraine headaches
24. Alleviate or reduce pms
25. Improve immune system
26. Sleep better
27. Improve balance & coordination
28. Improve posture
29. Increase or maintain flexibility
30. Lower resting heart rate (gives your heart a break)
31. Lower or control blood pressure
32. Reduce total cholesterol
33. Reduce circulating levels of triglycerides
34. Reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s
35. Reduce the risk of heart disease
36. Reduce the risk of cancer
37. Reduce the risk of stroke
38. Reduce the risk of colon cancer
39. Reduce the risk of breast cancer
40. Increase insulin sensitivity and prevent adult onset diabetes (type II diabetes)
41. Increase or maintain your bone mineral density to prevent osteoporosis
42. Live a longer and better quality life
43. Set a good example for others (your kids, relatives, friends)
44. Quit smoking with less trouble
45. Live an independent lifestyle as you age
46. Increase your pain threshold
47. Feel the rush of endorphins
48. Participate in fund raising walks/runs without a problem
49. Be the one everyone wishes they looked like
50. Get complimented on a regular basis

miss_elisha
03-05-2004, 05:48 PM
HS-- Thanks for that list! I printed it out and am going to hang it on the wall right beside my treadmill!

Blaue Liebe
03-05-2004, 06:03 PM
Hello,

Yes, I fell off the face of the earth. Well I did buy my scale, and um... it's not good news. 195lbs *shivers at the thought* However, I technically look good for a 5'5" 195lb girl. *shrug

50 reasons to exercise, that's a lot of reasons. I should print that list out! It's already making me want to get out there and run. woo hoo!

Leanne, congrats on the baby! BTW a September 20th baby isn't a Libra. 9/20 is definitely a Virgo baby. :D

I WILL exercise today. Well, I better, or something like that. I need to read those 50 reasons again...

~Shayla

miss_elisha
03-05-2004, 10:10 PM
While on my treadmill a few minutes ago, reading over that list of reasons to exercise yet again, I decided to add a few reasons of my own. How about "Look Good In Anything I Want To Wear (Including A String Bikini)," or "Walk Up A Flight Of Stairs Without Getting Winded"?
Anyone want to add any others? I'd love to hear some more additions...
~E

LeanneM83
03-06-2004, 11:47 AM
Hi Ladies

yeah, so far I have been maintaining this weight, which is GREAT considering I havent been able to work out very much, although running around after a 3 year old is quite a workout... :lol:
I think I am hoping for another boy...YET, I would cry endlessly for joy if I was having a girl.but practically I think 3 boys would be great. (at least I have all the clothes already)...Yes, just like LAST SUMMER, here I go being all pregnant again...it wasnt fun last year, I bet it wont be as fun this year, but I will make the best of it...
Hope everyone has a GREAT weekend...

Leanne

little grasshopper
03-06-2004, 03:01 PM
Hi guys. Leanne, 3 boys huh? You've got stamina, guts, or SOMETHING I just don't have :) Congratulations though. Hopefully the summer won't be too rough on you! There is one nice thing about being pregnant - you don't have to worry about getting pregnant again :)

I'm watching a commmercial right now where they ask "how are you cutting carbs?" One of the girls says "I licked the butter off a piece of toast." OH MY - I must not be tired enough of my food :) I haven't hit that point yet :)

I worked clinic today and actally got a note that said "I have been here 4 times and this student has helped me the most." YIPPEE!!! Every now and then you need to hear you don't suck at what you're studying! It was a great day! The teacher I've been having trouble with has taken her name off clinic in general. Of course, now she's coming in for massages from students. So far I haven't had to work on her.

Diet is going well. I'm fighting a cold but holding my own. Everyone here has this viral infection that is just awful! Even the docs I work with are coming down with it now. So far I'm fighting it well. I want to hit the gym this coming week. Need to be healthy to do that :)

Okay I'd better get back to the weekend. It's time for a nap - we're going hiking this afternoon. Hope you guys are having a great weekend!!

Hotsplashes
03-06-2004, 06:15 PM
Miss Elisha! I love those extra additions to the list! And as for being 5'5 and 190...that's much better than my sister at 4'7 and 175. She cannot go up and downstairs without having to stop for breath half way up. And I mean stop for a good 2 or 3 minits! My other friend is 4-10 and 200lbs. Neither one of them will do anything about their weight, except sit around and whine about it. They seem to think the weight will come off by itself just by wishing it away...or whining it away. You are an inspiration to everyone! Keep up the great work!

Good Idea on the boy thing LeAnne! Save money on the clothes!lol Have you got names picked out yet? I find people are going back to old fashioned and biblical names. My neighbors have 5 boys...all named alphabetically for the bible: Adam, Baltazar, Caleb, David, and Eziekiel...go figger. They're trying for a girl now!lol

Grassie! Congrats on getting the Kudos Note! I love it when something like that happens...it makes you feel so good to know that you are doing a wonderful job! ANd I guess that teacher got what was coming to her, huh? Now she's just coming in to see if she can give you guys a hard time. What a nasty...witch?lol Hope you are feeling better soon, everyone up here is getting sick too..SO i am trying to avoid sick people lilke the plague,,,,pun intended!lol

ANother day of good eating so far, folks! Going for chinese tonite...See everyone Tomorrow or Monday!

Hotsplashes
03-07-2004, 04:02 AM
quick note!!!

I'll be starting Thread #6 on monday!!!!!!

LeanneM83
03-07-2004, 09:29 AM
Hey Everyone..

HS- some names picked out...I am "pretending" my hubby has a choice and I am letting him come up with some....so far he really likes Tyler....I do not. I really like Cole. when I had my 1st son, cameron I really wanted to name him austin and when I had my 2nd son Ryan I really wanted to name him Blake...BUT, I like their names, so this baby name will be a battle too.... :lol:
Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend...it is sunny, but COLD here...

Leanne

Hotsplashes
03-07-2004, 03:32 PM
Just popping in to say hello and that the sun has come out!! I've just finished doing kitty box and now am onto sorting laundry. It's cold but as long as the sun comes out, I'm Happy! See everyone on the New Thread tomorrow!~!~

Tulip-Fairy
03-09-2004, 01:46 AM
50 Reasons to Exercise!

1. Burn calories
2. Increase your metabolism
3. Lose weight
4. Lower your body fat
5. Lower your bmi
6. Prevent weight gain
7. Build muscle & get stronger
8. Increase endurance & stamina
9. Feel energized
10. Increase self-esteem and confidence
11. Feel & look healthy
12. Look younger
13. Burn your fat clothes
14. No more starving yourself
15. Enjoy all types of food without gaining weight
16. Improve circulation
17. Relieve stress
18. Reduce anxiety levels
19. Alleviate depression
20. Prevent injuries
21. Reduce low-back pain
22. Strengthen joints
23. Alleviate or prevent migraine headaches
24. Alleviate or reduce pms
25. Improve immune system
26. Sleep better
27. Improve balance & coordination
28. Improve posture
29. Increase or maintain flexibility
30. Lower resting heart rate (gives your heart a break)
31. Lower or control blood pressure
32. Reduce total cholesterol
33. Reduce circulating levels of triglycerides
34. Reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s
35. Reduce the risk of heart disease
36. Reduce the risk of cancer
37. Reduce the risk of stroke
38. Reduce the risk of colon cancer
39. Reduce the risk of breast cancer
40. Increase insulin sensitivity and prevent adult onset diabetes (type II diabetes)
41. Increase or maintain your bone mineral density to prevent osteoporosis
42. Live a longer and better quality life
43. Set a good example for others (your kids, relatives, friends)
44. Quit smoking with less trouble
45. Live an independent lifestyle as you age
46. Increase your pain threshold
47. Feel the rush of endorphins
48. Participate in fund raising walks/runs without a problem
49. Be the one everyone wishes they looked like
50. Get complimented on a regular basis

1 Reason NOT to...Can't be bothered :o

:lol: :lol: :p :D

Tulip-Fairy
03-09-2004, 01:54 AM
Tulip ~ Mum calls me Julie

Where ya from?

South West of England.

What do ya do?

As little as possilbe :lol: Unemployed at mo but looking at buying a catering business...still...it's taking me a while!!

Kids or Pets or both?

Both! 3 girls (14 , 12 & 9) One yorkshire terrier pup (6months old)

I have no intentions of growing up...and if you make me i'm just gonna go and retire!!

The Very best of the Sylistics...very retro!! :^:

Last Movie watched?

Finding Nemo :o (I have kids!!)

The Haus

Chinese or Indian

Buy a bikini...I'm way too old for one, but i don't care!!

A pair of short shorts and a tiny top.

Yep, A weekend at a health farm to be spoilt and pampered.

Tulip-Fairy
03-09-2004, 01:55 AM
I'll see you all on the new thread...C U soon