South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2004, 07:28 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default The Weekend - February 14 and 15

Happy VALENTINE'S DAY!
I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend, whether with a lover, a friend or a furry, finny or feathered companion but remember that loving yourself is the best.

We didn't go anywhere or do anything yesterday as Harry was having a "flat" day. The lads dug in the right place for the well and I was very controlled when I offered them coffee and muffins - not a smirk crossed my lips! Steve hopes to have water today but fears his septic system has frozen up so...... There's a lot to be said for city life!

Not much planned for today. However, I must at least start to tidy my sewingroom now that ellis has pictures of it. I guess she could threaten to post them in here if I don't get it looking better!

Have a lovely and loving weekend!
Old 02-14-2004, 07:59 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Yeah, I'll give ya a week to get it cleaned up before I post them.

Happy Valentine's Day, girls!!

I'm going out for breakfast with another 3FatChick. Unfortunately, the b*tch is skinny (are you reading this Mauvais? ), so I'll look like Jackie Gleason beside her. Darn these women who lose weight before I do!
Ruthie, I wish you were here. When the heck were you last in Ottawa? When the snow is gone, I'm going to drive out early and we'll have breakfast in Delta. Do they do breakfast in Delta?

love and hugs to all...
Old 02-14-2004, 08:25 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

Ellis, aside from a trip to the Civic for a CT scan in October, I was last in Ottawa the day you and Mauvais and I had dim sum - Sept 6, I think?
By the way, I just removed the iron from the ironing board and put it away. The red ribbon is put away too. Such progress! I may be able to get as far as the sewing machine later today.
Old 02-14-2004, 10:08 AM   #4  
Member Florida Chick

Happy Valentines Day

I can't figure out how to have a change in font, color and size and have them just once. Anyway, hope everyone has a loveing day with someone you love.

We went out for Valentines Dinner last night, since we knew every restaurant would be terrible crowded tonight. Once you get over 29
hte actual day doesn't seem to matter so much. It's the thought that counts.

Ruth: good luck with your cleaning project. Maybe I will get some inspiration to do something before too long, with the whole house. You know cupboards, and closets, and under the beds where we store stuff that won't fit anywhere else. Since we have been having problems with our dog, and the little packages she has been leaving around, I am fearful to look under the bed.

Ellis: Are you and your friend sort of like Mutt and Jeff, or Laurel and Hardy? You are probably too young to remember those characters, I guess. I know what you mean about being with someone who has such great metabolism that they can eat anything and never gain an oz. Just disgusting. I have the metabolism of a That is disgusting too. Is it possible that you and Ruth and I could plan someway to meet this summer? I think we will be in Clayton, N.Y. shortly after the 4th of July. I think that would be fun.

Hi to everyone. Hope you have a great weekend. Lizzie
Old 02-14-2004, 10:19 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

Lizzie, I went in and edited your post. If you click on edit, you will see how it works. It was easier to do it than to explain it.

Of course we are going to see you this summer on one side of the border or the other! Closets, drawers and under beds? Don't go there! I tidy flat and visible surfaces only!
Old 02-14-2004, 10:25 AM   #6  
Member Florida Chick

Thank you, Ruth. The trouble for me is after about so long tidying flat places things get shoved into all those other spots, and then they get to overflowing.: Then I am forced to start over. When I know the exact dates we will be in New York, I will let you know, so we can make some plans. Lizzie
Old 02-14-2004, 10:56 AM   #7  
A Lily from my yard!

Angry

Hey girlie girls! What a wonderful day. Sleep late no kids no plans! DH asked if I wanted to ride up and see my mom for a lil while. Not sure if I feel like making that kind of drive but i could see my 2 lil nieces on the way to wish them a Happy V-Day. Although they would latch on and beg to come with me and it is so hard to say no. It's also nice to feel so loved by them. They are 2and 4 so I'm still cool to them! Well I hope you all have a wonderfully blessed day with whomever you are spending it with.

Lizziepie I can remember as a kid having to clean out from under my bed and how I hated it. That is why I never put anything under my bed. When my dd cleans her room I make her clean out from under it after I discovered she shoved everything under it to clean. She was about 5 when I found that trick. Ds has a bed that has drawers under it so there is no shoving under the bed.

Ellis I'll be waiting to see those pics if Ruth don't get movin on that sewin room. Ruth to bad we are not closer when you get all cleaned up I could come over and let you teach me how to sew!
Old 02-14-2004, 11:52 AM   #8  

Height: 5'-2"

Bamie, I used to keep my cereal bowls under my bed when I was a kid.

Lizzie, YES! We will get together!!

Had a lovely breakfast with skinny Mauvais. She looked stunning, as usual. Yes, I was going to say Laurel and Hardy, Lizzie, but I always forget which is the fat one.
Old 02-14-2004, 12:18 PM   #9  

Default GoodMorning!

Hello Chickies -
This morning started out great shall I say. So hopefully the rest of Valentine's day is as wonderful. We don't exchange gifts, and I refuse to go out.

We'll probably do a favorite date of mine, go to the book store, and read and enjoy tea. I know we're dorks....

Scale was up .4 pounds. Mad at Le Carb. DH had Carb Sense Pizza last night, I'm not a fan of pizza - but he said it was very good for those that are interested.

Glad I could finally get back in and see how things are going, work has been quite busy.

Enjoy your day (I keep getting offered chocolate cremes, proud of myself for saying No).

Weekend goal, to work off that darned .4 pound.
Old 02-14-2004, 02:57 PM   #10  
Professional dieter

S/C/G: 250/232/130

Height: 5'3"

Happy Valentines Day My Lovelies!

I hope everyone is doing well. I have to do laundry today and I already cleaned the kitchen, but I'm not doing any other cleaning today because it is Valentines Day! I collect fairies, and my husband gave me 3 precious moments fairies and 2 other fairies from the company "fairy of the glen". They have got to be the best small fairy sculptures I have ever seen. The detail is just fantastic. He bought them at Yankee Candle.
Well, I am not going to the gym today either, but tomorrow I am going to take a cadio kickboxing class. Hope everyone has an uplifting day.
Old 02-14-2004, 05:06 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Hi ladies,
I asked to join your group a few weeks ago and got side tracked. Had to get a fender bender fixed. Don't laugh no one was hurt not even the tree that I backed into. My Rav looks brand new again.

I'm back Ruth.

I'm off to do the exercise thing.

Happy Valentine's day everyone.
Old 02-15-2004, 08:13 AM   #12  

hello everyone, sounds like you all had a great valentines day!! i did also dh and i had our romantic dinner at home fri. night we ran off to sam's club right after work and got these beautiful lobster tails and a few crab legs came home cooked them up and soooo enjoyed!!! watched "under the tuscan sun" on dvd really cute movie. and totally relaxed, kiddos were with their father for the night so we took advantage of a quiet house for a change.
saturday was a very full day with our valentines celebration out of the way we got up very early went out to my sisters house to get a dining room set she was giving us and also her stairmaster it is in the garage i believe i will tackle it today....wish me luck i'm not much of an exerciser but am willing to give it a shot. then dh and i spent the better part of the day at an estate auction i got a beautiful lane cedar chest for $30 needs a little refinish work but i love it anyway.
today i must get caught up on the laundry!!!! nothing else just laundry. 3 kiddos sure wear alot of clothes.

hope you all had a wonderful weekend

jodi
Old 02-15-2004, 08:38 AM   #13  

Default !

Hi everyone.

It seems like a fairly good weekend here. I went to the allotment and did some weeding. The ground is a bit wet so I dont want to go compacting it all down, but I did a bit. I have a problem with couch grass, and this is the best time of the year to pull those long devilish roots out, if you can stand the cold....

Then off to the garden centre to buy some heated propergators. i have two already, but decided that rather than do the whole 'I can start one cucumber, two aubergines and a pepper in that one and some early lettuce in that one' routine......no, this year I am going to take up the whole of the dining table with heater propergator units for six weeks, now until the end of march. Or maybe beginning of march until mid april. Whatever. This year I have decided to grow all kinds of things I have not tried before like tomotillos.

Yesterday also I went shopping for baby things. My neice is about to give birth (due date was yesterday but it is her first so we are not holding our breath), which will make me a Great Aunt! I am very excited about it. I plan to spoil the child rotton, allow them to drink twice as much alcohol at my house as they are allowed at home, buy loads of toys, books and fun stuff, and teach them to spit cherry stones further than any one else can even imagine.

I hope my neice is not reading this web site.....

I started yesterday by indulging in the cutest french baby toys, all soft fabric and interesting chewable bits for young gums. And some indulgent new mother cosmetic things from neals yard (wholesome delicious stuff). Now I am just awaiting the news!! I never thought I would be a great aunt before being 40, but it is fine. I can jump in to the stereotype. Do you know that poem that goes 'when I am old I shall wear purple?' I plan to be like that in my Great Auntness

When I am an old woman, I shall wear purple
with a red hat that doesn't go, and doesn't suit me.
And I shall spend my pension on brandy and summer gloves
and satin sandles, and say we've no money for butter.
I shall sit down on the pavement when I am tired
and gobble up samples in shops and press alarm bells
and run my stick along the public railings
and make up for the sobriety of my youth.
I shall go out in my slippers in the rain
and pick the flowers in other people's gardens

and learn to spit.

You can wear terrible shirts and grow more fat
and eat three pounds of sausages at a go
or only bread and pickles for a week
and hoard pens and pencils and beer nuts and things in boxes.

But now we must have clothes that keep us dry
and pay our rent and not swear in the street
and set a good example for the children.
We must have friends to dinner and read the papers.
But maybe I ought to practice a little now?
So people who know me are not too shocked and surprised
When suddenly I am old, and start to wear purple
Old 02-15-2004, 10:48 AM   #14  
Come on Spring!

Tee Hee! Clovey, that's the theme poem for The Red Hat Society of which I am a member. www.redhatsociety.com

Looks like everyone had a great Valentine's Day.

It is VERY cold this morning ... -22F out there right now. Miss Lucy goes to the "fur stylist" today for her pre-nup haircut. She has to look gorgeous for her tryst with Purple Reign whenever that will happen. I have her quilted red dog coat waiting for the trip home because she is going to really feel the cold today.

Have a great Sunday!
Old 02-15-2004, 11:51 AM   #15  

well, i was able to stay away from chocolate this V-day .. Yea for me. I did have a sugar free fudgesicle I have a weakness for truffles so I steered clear of any that were in my vicinity .... Worked out at Curves and Yoga for exercise. Stayed in with husband, in the evening and had a great dinner of baked boneless, south west pork with a mixed mushrooms and asparagus side .. it was great !

hope everyone is having a great sunday and the sun is even shining here
Closed Thread