Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2004, 05:29 AM   #1  
Searching

Talking Friends Forever Friday- 13 Feb 04

GOOD MORNING!!!!!

Morning ladies,
I took a nap during the night and I feel great, probably too great as I have to go back to work tonight It was my bath. I took the most fabulous bath last night. The dry winter has been doing a number to my skin (itchy, dry) so I popped in a couple of my fish oil capsules, did the full on bath gloves, shaving, rubbing the calluses out, then afterward moisturizer from head to toe. Its V-Day tommorow so don't you ladies forget to love yourself this much

So anyone have plans for V-day? I have to work, and I am hoping no one has candy there Not that God won't take care of me anyway.

Christy- Is there school today. I think you need to stay home and hangout I mean everythings going to be nuts after the Thursday snow day.

Angi- You answered your own question Thats cool. I hope the baby man will be less needy today so you can get some work done. Babies sometimes pick up the subtle signals of what we want so you might think about that today. Are you feeling a little needy?

Kat- You must check in so we can live vicariously through you and your young life

Jenelle- You are woman, Hear you roar! Actually I was thinking about you while I was talking on the phone last night, this girl Marla makes me think of you. She is so darn honest and I love her so much for it.

Ellis- Did you dance? I will forever imagine you sitting in your little studio, sipping coffee, and thinking the great ideas of the world. Maybe you should write your auto-biography "Big Old House in Ottawa" by Ellis

Miss Sarah Praying for you girlie.

Much love to all!
Miss Chris
Old 02-13-2004, 06:05 AM   #2  

Hello, hello, hello!!!

Chris -- Yes, I have school today. My youngest daughter looked at me yesterday with these big, sad green eyes and said "No three day weekend this time, Mom." I've passed on my snow day sickness to my children!

Your bath sounds lovely! I'll have to defintiely find time for one tonight. And maybe a new pedicure...the toes could use a fresh coat of paint.

Jennelle -- I'm sorry your feelings were hurt, but you did so well handling it! I'm proud that you avoided McD's and especially that you talked it out with the other teacher. That's awesome! (This coming from a notorious confrontation avoider! )

It sounds like the librarian thing is going to work out. Good for you! I know you must be so excited.

Angi -- (((hugs))) God bless you, honey! A high needs day will just suck everything right out of you. My first daughter was that way most of the time and a terrible sleeper at night, too. I don't have any advice other than "this too shall pass". Prayers coming your way for a more restful day.

Ellis -- Your home sounds lovely. And you're right, I would LOVE your attic. How many sq. feet is your house? It sounds huge! Hey, I exercised yesterday, too. Went walking at the gym with a friend. I feel like a new woman today!

Kat -- I hope you moved into a great office! Check in soon, 'kay?

My plans for Valentine's Day? Y'all will be so jealous. I'm signing the little one up for t-ball, baking cookies for the elderly with our youth group, taking the big one to her basketball game, and getting groceries. How romantic is that?! It will be good though because V Day is also the first anniversary of my hysterectomy. (Can you believe my gyn. planned that surgery for that day?!) I like to keep my mind off of it as much as possible. I don't mind the loss of my parts, but memories of that whole scary time period and the frightening recovery are to be avoided right now!

Well, I have to run. DH wanted me to wake him up earlier so that we could have coffee and breakfast together.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Feel the love,
Christy
Old 02-13-2004, 08:42 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Good morning, darlings!

Oh, Jennelle... I'd be so happy for you if you got the librarian job. I can imagine what that would mean to you.
And I'm so sorry you were hurt the other day. Put it behind you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennelle
Ellis - We are doing a small unit on Canada next week, in preparation for the minor league hockey players who are coming to speak to our class. (There are only four Americans on the team, so the chance we'll have a Canadian speaking to us is pretty high!)
Oh, my! Canadians! How exotic. Let me know if they have accents.

Angi, I hope Elijah (and you!) have a better day today. Remember to look after your own needs, too. Don't hesitate to get some help from friends/family if you need to get out for a while.

Chris, I'm glad you got some sleep. Gee, that was a good bath!
Mauvais and I are going out for breakfast on Saturday. I didn't realize it was Valentines day!
Okay, I'm the only one here who prefers silence over sound. I never watch TV, and I love listening to CBC radio, but I'd rather be alone with my thoughts.

Christy, try not to think about your H memories tomorrow. Besides, it's a part of who you are. We're made up of all kinds of experiences, good and bad. (okay, I'm a little foggy this morning... do you know what I mean? )
Our house is about 5000 sq ft. Not huge, but biggish. It's long and narrow, which means working with a number of smaller rooms, but I love it. I'm never leaving.
We were going to live in the entire house, but my sister was going to teachers college at the time we bought it, and we rented her the apartment on the second floor. Now we KNOW we don't need the whole house, so we've kept that floor as a rental. (we have a separate staircase of our own that goes to the attic) If we lived in the entire house, I would INSIST on having servants.
Congratulations on the exercise! Don't you just feel GREAT afterwards!?!?

My DD has a PD day today. Darn it. Well, at least she's quiet.
I'm DYING for an entire day to myself. Hopefully I can keep a few days free next week.

Monkeybabies, Kat, Sarah... are you there, girls? Love and hugs to all...
Old 02-13-2004, 02:00 PM   #4  

Hi everyone! Can't believe this is my first time on the computer today!

Miss Chris, Great bath idea! I'm inspired. You asked about Elijah's neediness. It's hard for Korean babies to fit into our parenting culture here in the U.S. He was living with a foster family, and in Korea they wear the baby all day on their back, and the whole family sleeps together at night. Babies are never alone! So, it makes sense that Elijah would rather sleep on me than anywhere else. And, yesterday morning I left him alone for about 3 minutes in his crib while I was getting dressed. He got whipped into a frenzy, and after I went to pick him up, it took him forever to calm down. We had a lot of cuddle time before he started breathing normally. (He was doing that post-cry hiccup.) Bless his heart. Who wants to be alone? Also, adopted infants can be more sensitive and afraid of being left. It takes a long time for them to realize, "Mommy always comes back."

And, I'm sure there are a bunch of other things going on that I don't know about! Like, maybe he sensed that I needed HIM to hug me, like you suggest. I know that when I was crying a little yesterday, he was giving me his biggest, most charming smiles.

Jennelle - did you post on the 12step4COE loop yesterday? It was SOME Jennelle and I was thinking about that post a lot this morning. So, if it was you, THANK YOU! And if it wasn't, here's the thought: the person was saying that she used to justify to people at work everything she ate: "I can eat this cake because I skipped breakfast." or "It's OK to eat this donut because I ate a salad for lunch." (I'm making these up - I can't remember the real examples.) And finally someone at work said to her, "No-one cares what you eat, Jennelle." So, she realized that her eating habits and the specific food she consumed wasn't at the center of everyone's minds or the topic of conversation at the water cooler. It was her own responsibility and worrying about what others' thought about it was wasting precious energy.

My MIL is a Librarian - I'm very proud of her! I hope you get that job!

Ellis - anyone who can write a whole novel is to be congratulated! What an accomplishment! I bought this book with all these worksheets (love to fill out stuff like that) that is supposed to walk you through writing a novel. I worked on it a long time, but never got to any actual writing - more plot planning, character developing, that sort of thing. that novel is still in my head - but don't know when it will happen.

Christy, you've got such a busy valentines day! But it IS a Saturday, so we'll be doing a bunch of busy stuff too. I don't know you're story about your surgery, (and you don't have to relive just for my sake!) but it sounds scary. I'm glad you're better and that's in the past.

Me? I'm trying to find a sponsor. I emailed someone on the (pretty short) 12step4COE sponsor list, but she answered back that she's had a relapse. Prayers for her! I was kind of prepared for it this time - that's the kind of thing that happened to me when I was looking for a sponsor a couple of years ago. And, I just know that lots of things can happen to people to change their situation. Seriously. That's why ultimately I depend on God, instead of people. People can be SUCH a help and blessing, but we are all flawed and just getting by!

Anyway, I'll be sending another email out to someone on that sponsor list and pray some more about it.

Elijah is at my Mom's today! I LOVE MY MOM! So, sanity has been restored, Elijah is having a ball with his Nana and Poppy, and everybody's happy. Such a blessing to have family nearby!

Blessings to all of you today!
Old 02-13-2004, 05:26 PM   #5  

Hey y'all!

Have any of you gals gotten my cards yet? I hope they won't be late!

Miss Chris -- I got your card today, dearie. It was very sweet! You're such a kind person!

Ellis -- Biggish? In my neck of the woods (or on top of my mountain...heehee) that would be one HUGE house. Is it a really old one, too? My DH and his dad restore houses and I love to go visit him at work just so I can poke around in the beautiful old Victorians. Sigh...

How are your meds? Feeling anything yet?

Angi -- I'm glad you'll be able to relax a bit today!

Coming here is so interesting! We're all so completely different, yet have so much in common. That is amazing to me. It's weird to think about how different our lives all are -- families, jobs, history and all of that. It is just fascinating to me. And, as I've confessed before, I'm so darn nosy I just eat up all the little details! I'm so glad I met you all.

Going to clean up the kitchen now and get ready to head to the gym. (What??? Two days in a row?)

Have a good one,
Christy

<--- I like this li'l guy! I wish we could keep him!
Old 02-13-2004, 06:18 PM   #6  

Height: 5'-2"

Christy, I haven't received yours yet. I mailed mine on ummm... Tuesday? Glad I'm not the only one late.
Our house is about 100 years old. It's a freakin' money pit. What a cool job your DH and his Dad have!
I hesitate to say this, but I'm feeling not too badly today. It's only been four days on the new meds, though... a bit early to tell.

Angi, thank God my tubes are tied, because you are describing your times with Elijah so sweetly that I almost want another baby. The picture of the two of you almost breaks my heart when I see it. (in a good way)
Old 02-13-2004, 07:05 PM   #7  

Default Tgif :)

Hi ladies!

Well, I moved offices yesterdfay and am now officially unpacked. My old office was big enough for 2 SLPs - but I am keeping a single. So I'm in a tinier place with no window. But it's mine only and that's great.

Jennelle: Yay you for not going to McD's!!!!! Your HP was definitely guiding you then!

Also, good luck with the librarian position.

Chris - My skin gets really itchy in the cold, too. Luckily, that rarely happens to me now that I live in LA. And over my young life. You're a cutie! It's really just my kid-free life. Give me a year and see what happens.

Christy: You do something for you, tomorrow, too! Maybe a bubble bath?

Ellis: Monkeybaby here! I'm a sound, girl, also, so I can't relate to the slience thing. I have music on right now. A music mix (Ani DiFranco is singing to me currently).

Angi: Good luck finding a sponsor! It makes such a difference.

So I am being a lazy blob tonight and playing a computer game. I need some down time.

I am not sure what DH and I are doing tomorrow. I wanted to hike and go on a picnic but it's been chilly here. So I am thinking it over (I was assigned Valentine's Day duty ). It's also a 3 day weekend, so that's great.

Have a wonderful night!
Old 02-13-2004, 09:38 PM   #8  

Default Friday the 13th Meditation

February 13 "Inner Harvest"
Hazelden Meditation Series

Once we clear a hurdle, it doesn't seem so high.

Anything--from cleaning the house, to doing a Fourth Step inventory,
to taking the bar exam, to apologizing for a mistake--can be a
hurdle. What seems to me to be a Herculean task may sound easy to
you. But in my mind it's a hurdle, and, until I clear it, I will
probably experience some degree of anxiety.

Sometimes we can break a big task into small pieces and tackle the
job a piece at a time. If the task is complex, sometimes it's best if
we work on it gradually, focusing only on what needs to be done
today, one day at a time. Often when we look back on the ordeal, we
realize that we had the help of a Higher Power and that clearing the
hurdle wasn't all that tough. And, even if is was tough, once we've
cleared a high hurdle, we realize that it probably won't be so hard
to clear the next time.

May I remember that the tasks and events that loom large today will
probably be easier once I develop an action plan and get started.
Old 02-13-2004, 09:40 PM   #9  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Angi - It was me. I'm glad I could help.

Everyone .... I am sick as a dog! I thought I'd beaten it...I was a little feverish on Monday night, but then woke up fine. Yesterday I started with a sore throat, today it's worse and I feel achy. I could not get warm at school today! I had the heat in my room up to about 76 and was still cold. Even the kids were complaining that it was too hot, and that's pretty unusual. I came home and took a shower and went to bed, but the dogs decided they would bark at every little thing. I didn't get a whole lot of quality sleep. Hopefully, I'll sleep well tonight, because I have a thousand little errands I have to run tomorrow.
Old 02-13-2004, 09:49 PM   #10  

Feel better Jennelle!

Closed Thread