Exercise! - TaeBo

View Full Version : TaeBo

patientmomx1
02-12-2004, 05:00 PM
I absolutely LOVE taebo! I've been doing taebo for about 3 years now. When I first started doing taebo, I lost 65lbs along with a small amount of strength training and diet. I was always working alot, and really never had time for anything else.

I got pregnant in Oct 02. Gained all my weight back plust a few pounds. I'm now back up to 309.5. I started going to the gym 2x week, taebo 3x week, and pilates 1x week. Along with Weight Watchers, and drinking about a gallon of water a day. I would like to lose 2-3lbs a week. I'm looking so forward to weigh in day on Monday to see how much I've lost!

Does anyone else have any Taebo stories they would like to tell?? I would love to read them!

Patience :love:

blugirrl1
02-13-2004, 09:04 AM
Patience,
no stories but i love taebo.. everytime i do it i feel so energized afterwords.. Billy really gets you going..
and Sean is adorable.. :)

patientmomx1
02-13-2004, 04:46 PM
and Sean is adorable.. :)

Thank you so much! He's a little booger
:lol:

Patience

Jennifer 3FC
02-19-2004, 12:40 AM
I finally completed the tape from beginning to end - I was terrible the first time! I have no coordination, and my legs aren't the easiest thing to get up in the air. I haven't been able to complete every single move until this morning. I've been counting down for a week on the double speed round kicks at the very end. I could NOT do all 5 sets. I was doing 2, then 2.5, then 3, etc. Finally this morning I did all 5.
I have been exclusively treadmill for years, and this was harder for me than expected.

What kind of Pilates are you doing? Also have you tried the newest Taebo videos? I can't remember what they are called - but they have the handweights. I need the next level up on a workout, and I'm not sure which to buy. I've heard mixed reviews about his tapes, but nothing on the new ones.

patientmomx1
02-19-2004, 01:58 AM
I bought Taebo Cardio and Taebo Flex a few weeks ago. I saw an info-mercial for his newest ones... Taebo 2004, but haven't ordered them... I would like to when I get my tax return!!! I love taebo, always have.. always will!! Billy helped me lose my first 65lbs!! I'm sure he can do it again =)

jolee95
02-19-2004, 03:59 PM
I decided it was time to shake up my cardio a little and checked out Tae Bo tapes on Ebay. Got the 4 tape set for $12.50 with shipping. I cannot wait to get them and get started! :)

Jennifer 3FC
02-22-2004, 03:06 PM
Have you done the Taebo Cardio? I bought it last night with the WATP 4 mile Super Challenge. I tried the WATP and did it happily last night and this morning. I hope I like as much in the weeks to come. I want to alternate Taebo with it. They didn't have the 2004 Taebo tapes at Target, but the cardio dvd box looked interesting.

patientmomx1
02-22-2004, 10:39 PM
I've done Taebo Cardio. It's like the advanced 1 hour taebo tapes, but it's only 45min. They go fast, and really don't give you any time to catch your breath. I only do Taebo cardio maybe once every 2 weeks. Taebo flex is really easy and a little bit slower paced than the other taebo videos.

I saw WATP at walmart today.. is it really worth it??

Jennifer 3FC
02-23-2004, 07:05 PM
I tried a WATP video once and I wasn't too impressed, it was too easy. I bought the 4 mile Super Challenge and it was really good. I would like a 6 mile video! But I suppose 90 minutes would be hard to fit in a schedule all the time. I am going to do the WATP with ankle weights and then add on small dumbells to increase the intensity.

L144S
02-23-2004, 07:47 PM
Jennifer, Be careful of you knees please.
I love tae bo! I have not done it is a while, the VCR drives me crazy but I would love more info on the DVD's
-L

idontcarebear
02-24-2004, 12:57 AM
sorry to intrude. this might sound like a dumb question.. but im new here so please forgive me..

what is watp??

patientmomx1
02-24-2004, 01:18 AM
No, it's not a dumb question.. I didn't know either until I had to ask someone! WATP-walk away the pounds. It's a tape you follow in your own home.

idontcarebear
02-24-2004, 04:37 PM
thank you very much!! :D

Jennifer 3FC
03-01-2004, 01:58 AM
Oops! Sorry I didn't write back sooner! The tapes are widely available in department stores and on the internet, so if you need something easy to follow (choreography that is), they are a good choice. There are many to choose from, so you can pick your intensity.

Does anybody know if they still make the strap on ankle weights? I can't find any. I had some.....in the 80's I think. Are they still around?

idontcarebear
03-05-2004, 10:10 PM
i believe i have seen them at target. well atleast at the one around here.

Jennifer 3FC
03-06-2004, 12:25 AM
Thanks, I'll look there!

Mindi
03-23-2004, 09:31 PM
An FYI for you Taebo Fans, some Dollar General stores have the original Live Series Taebo tapes, Basic and or Advanced for a dollar a piece. This is the series that was came from the one new video per month workouts series and are no longer available anywhere. Its a big coup for those of us who missed a few of them initially! I just LOVE them! They're not rehearsed, they have tons of real people in them, and the music ROCKS!

Also, a new Impact duo will be available March 30, 2004, called Taebo Contact. Some places are selling it w/an inflatable kick/punch bag, some are just selling the workouts. Since Impact was my favorite Taebo series, I've been anxiously waiting new bag workouts. I hope these make up for Cardio which I really was disappointed in..Flex is a better workout, the emphasis on balance and strength is excellent! The infomercial set I've not purchased, I imagine I'll trade for them on my video swap sites eventually.

Jennifer 3FC
03-25-2004, 02:07 AM
Are the Live Tapes the ones with so many volumes? I saw that on a website not too long ago. They had multiple volume numbers and I didn't know which was which.

I recently bought the Cardio dvd, but I haven't seen it yet. You are the 3rd person I have heard that didn't like it! Are there specific problems with it?

Mindi
03-25-2004, 08:31 AM
Yes that's the ones! 1-12, both basic and advanced live.

No, there's no specific problems w/Taebo Cardio, its just not the intensity level we Taebo freaks were hoping for, after waiting so long for new workouts. Billy went w/Goodtimes to produce these new workouts and Goodtimes has a 'rep' in the video world, not a good one, of taking workouts and mucking them up. Lots of oldtime Firm users have the same complaint about the Goodtimes released Firm series now.

But on the other hand, Taebo Cardio does offer a beginner a good solid workout..its just that if you compare a Live Basic workout to Cardio, the sweat level isn't even close. I gave my tape away and I've not bought the new infomerical group yet either. I'm going to wait to trade for them. There a couple of websites I visit where we talk videos and stuff nonstop, trade, review them, etc. Total fanatics. LOL

But I have high hopes for the Contact series.

blugirrl1
03-25-2004, 12:18 PM
lol, i got the tae bo cardio to replace a lost dubbed tape that a friend gave me that i LOVED. but cardio just has my uncoordinated behind spinning in circles. i am going to keep trying though and see if i can get it down.

Jennifer 3FC
03-28-2004, 01:16 PM
Heather, I'm having the same problem. I can keep up with the tape except for the coordination. I have two left feet and when they are saying 6...7...8... I am saying 1....2....2.....2..... I want moderate-intense, with easy choreography! Does that exist?

Mindi
03-29-2004, 09:43 AM
haha I have the same trouble and balance was always an issue, still is, which is why I'm working on Flex. Just keep doing it, eventually it gets better, and don't forget to slow it down til you have the move under control and use a chair if you need a little balance help.

RachieD
03-29-2004, 10:38 AM
I saw the Contact Series at Wal-mart yesterday, (17.99 for the series DVD) but I was just wondering if anyone knew if the punching bag was necessary to the workout?

blugirrl1
03-30-2004, 02:53 PM
Jennifer :
I am right with you. super uncoordinated. 2 left feet I have.
Mindi, maybe flex would work better, but i am not fond of cardio. maybe hours on intense tae bo watching while relaxing in bed may help? lol