Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2004, 06:01 AM   #1  

Default Thursday Thread -- February 12

Good Morning all!

I had a better day yesterday. I ditched a dinner meeting (it was optional and I exercised my option!) and came home to hang out with my family. Very nice. My children are hilarious. Sometimes I forget to appreciate how wonderful they really are.

Kat -- Sorry about your hubby being sickish! Hope he's feeling better soon. Hey, I got my card yesterday! Thanks; it was so cute.

Angi -- Glad you went to a meeting! Aren't they wonderful?

Chris -- Are you enjoying your time off? Definitely praying for Gina's baby!

Jennelle & ellis -- Hello!

Off to make breakfast as I apparently don't have a lot to say this morning!

Love you all,
Christy
Old 02-12-2004, 06:34 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Good morning, Christy! I'm glad your day was better yesterday. I hope this one is even better.

Kat, how's your DH? I hope he's doing alright. I LOVE yesterdays meditation. Thank you so much for sharing it with us.

Angi, only keep "classic" skinny clothes. Otherwise they're useless when you get back into them. (says the girl with about 30 pair of stove-pipe leg jeans "waiting" for someone to slip back into them Stove-pipe WILL come back in, won't they?)

Chris, the grateful lists were a GREAT idea. We need reminders every once in a while.
I'm with you on the "feeling too blessed". I really have much more than I deserve. I keep waiting for the crash. Now, you? You DESERVE all that you have!
Saying prayers for Gina and her little one.

Speaking of coffee pots, I bought a real cheapy ($15) yesterday for up in the attic. I do my writing on an older computer up in our big, sunny, attic bedroom, and by the time I carry my coffee up two flights of stairs, it's colder than I'd like. I'm pretty happy... I've got powdered milk up there and an extra coffee grinder, so I'm all set.

Jennelle, are you doing okay?
Sarah? Where are you, girl?

Hey, I bought a bellydancing tape yesterday. I'm going to watch it today.
I'm going for a walk along the canal this morning with a friend. I'm feeling quite crappy, but hopefully the exercise will perk me up a bit.

Have a wonderful day, girls!
Old 02-12-2004, 06:49 AM   #3  
Searching

Default I need to get off this darn computer

And go to bed. Why do I do this to myself? Up in the night and researching eating disorders. You know that is part of the disorder, we want to know everything about the disease so we can protect it. Well your out in the light ED, AND I WILL NOT PROTECT YOU!

Okay thats out.

Ellis- So you think you might try some of that tape (<---he's not much of a belly dancer) And you can continue to hope for the stovepipe jeans I know WE ALL DESERVE OUR blessings. HAVE A LOVELY WALK!

Miss Chris<------On hands and knees thanking God for her recovery today

Angi- for hitting the meeting. YGG! Next up sponsors

Christy- Sometimes being with our families is the greatest blessing we can have. Have a beautiful day lady!

Okay I am call Qwest and going to bed
Much love to all!
Miss Chris
Old 02-12-2004, 10:53 AM   #4  

Christy, I'd love to hear about your children: how old are they?

Ellis, your writing room sounds lovely. What kind of writing do you do? My dad's a full-time Christian writer and has a sunroom at their house where he works. Dh writes software manuals on the side, and I used to do a lot of creative writing.

Miss Chris, I don't know if this is the same thing that you do, but I sometimes find myself compulsive about other stuff too, like researching ED on the internet into the night. It's another way to turn off my mind and numb the feeling. I shared in the meeting last night (topic: talking about feelings) that I often leave TVs on all over the house - I don't want to walk into a room and hear silence before I walk over and turn one on. I suspect I do this so I don't have to feel my feelings or listen to my own thoughts.

I appreciate everyone's encouragement, especially about the meeting. It was a nice, short little meeting too, so not too overwhelming. (Kat, I didn't make it to the 8:15 meeting - I went to the 12:30 a.m. one.)

My boy let me sleep in again today - is this a trend? Still always tired, but not the stumbling-around-answering-a-banana tired that hits when Elijah has a bad night.
Old 02-12-2004, 11:26 AM   #5  

You're not going to believe this...SNOW DAY.

Angi -- I'd LOVE to tell you about my children! I have two daughters -- ages six and nearly ten. They're really great girls. (And I can say this because they are not fighting at the moment. )

That's funny that you say that about televisions. I'm the same way about silence. I almost always have the TV on in the background, but very seldom watch it. I like the noise for the reasons you mentioned. I usually leave it on the TV Guide channel or the Weather Channel. My family kids me when we sit down to watch something together by asking if my favorite show is on -- the TV Guide channel.

I used to have a thing about lights, too. I had really bad post-partum depression with both of the girls. And with the second one, I had to keep all the lights on in the house even during the daytime. I felt so much more miserable at night so I fought off the darkness as long as I could each day. Weird, huh?

Ellis -- Your attic does sound so cozy! Do you write each day? On different things or do you stick to one project? I have always loved to write, too. Sometimes it's as good as reading for me.

Chris -- I'm going to play mother and say that you need to get to bed at a decent hour! Is it hard for you to do that since you're on shift work? My mom always worked nights when she was an ER nurse and really had trouble with her days off, even after 10 years!

Apparently with a little time on my hands I think of more to say! Hope you're all having a good day. I'm sure I'll check back in a bit.

Hugs,
Christy
Old 02-12-2004, 07:16 PM   #6  

Height: 5'-2"

Oh, Christy! ANOTHER snow day!? I CAN'T believe it!

Angi, I'm glad the meeting was good for you!
I'm sorry to say, there's no such thing as a "trend" where children are concerned. Elijah should start some sort of "interesting pattern" though. I hope you get some rest soon, hon. Oh... those sleepless nights are TERRIBLE. I feel for you.
You're all writers... that's wonderful! I've always wanted to be a writer, but it never seemed lucrative. (well, it still may not be, for me) Anyhow, I've always had a lot of encouragement to write, and last year I said, "to **** with it", and started writing a book. I actually joined the November group NanoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month), and wrote 50 000 words during the month of November. I haven't touched my novel much since then (busily procrastinating), but during the month of March there's another challenge. NaNoEdMo. (National Novel Editing Month) I'm going to do it. I'm having a RIOT, and I actually have faint hopes of being published some day.

Christy, you would love my attic. We have a big, three-story brick house. It was originally a single home, but the previous owner had divided it into three, two-bedroom apartments. One per floor. So the attic is BIG. Our closet is a bay-windowed room (I have my sewing machine in there, too), our bedroom is big, our DS's room is up there plus a craft room, a bathroom (with claw footed tub) and a little kitchen (where my new coffee machine is going ). I want to live up there when we retire, and rent the other two floors out. It's my favorite place to be.
Oh... you had post-partum depression. I'm so sorry, sweetie. I'm glad you survived it. There just isn't enough support for women/mothers.

Chris, did you get some sleep today, you crazy girl?
We had a lovely walk. We walked ON the canal, so it was a little slippery. It's very beautiful down there. Lots of skaters. Everyone come down for a visit.
Old 02-12-2004, 07:58 PM   #7  
Searching

Default Good Morning!

I just slept for about 9 hours so I think I am okay Hi everyone!

Well now I guess we found another thing in common. TV or music always on though rarely pay attention (even when I like whats on). And this isn't the first time I have thought of a topic and just researched it all night on the internet. You know my problem though I found a web site that talked about the grim reality of the disorder and then showed pictures of those who lost the battle. Sometimes its my empathy that overwhelms me, though I know that emotion is new. I never felt as much for others as I do now, and it is because I allow myself to have feelings. There is such a thing as being too sensitive, and it hurts me too bad to cry for the world. In fact when I have done this I have dug a deep well for me, NO THANK YOU! I refuse to go.

Ellis-I would love to come visit you. I heard Canada is cleaner than the US. So may I ask, What is your novel about?

Christy- How was your snow day lady? I have to keep my regular schedule on my days off until I am off nights Feb 23 I go to flex and I have 3 days of nights to cover right off the bat

Angi- Sometimes those babies make a trend. Bastian was like 2 months old the first time he slept through the night, I was so scared of crib death I came out and shook him. My husband caught me and reminded me of this "Let sleeping babies lie" I am a little jealous of the baby thing. I realized the other day that my baby is 12 and I am done and sometimes I think I hear my biological clock Keep reminding me all the crazy thing that come with babyhood

Much love to all!
Miss Chris
Old 02-12-2004, 08:54 PM   #8  

Just a quick hello. Very busy day - I moved offices.

I'll check in tomorrow and promise to say hi to everyone.
Old 02-12-2004, 08:59 PM   #9  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

All this talk of babies... It reminds me that they really are a lot of work!

I got my feelings hurt at work yesterday, and then again today (same subject). I talked with a fellow teacher about it and now it's straight. It's really strange...when my feelings get hurt, my "fight or flight" kicks in. Now, not being a fighter, I tend to run. Today, all I could think about for the last hour of class was how I was going to go to McDonald's on my planning period and get a cup of coffee. It was going to solve everything. In my heart, though, I knew what I REALLY wanted was some comfort from food. Well, french fries can't hug me and ice cream leaves me cold. (bad pun, I know! ) I decided not to go to MickeyD's, mainly because I wasn't sure I'd be strong enough NOT to order anything besides coffee.

I did find out today that our current librarian checked "no" on her letter of intent to return next school year. In my mind, that means that as long as I pass my test, I'll be the librarian next year. Sure hope the principal feels the same way!

Miss Chris...I also tend to be too sensitive, and you are absolutely right about it sucking the life out of you. I think my over-willingness to help stems from the fact that being called "selfish" is one of the worst insults one can hurl in my family.

Christy - Another snow day? Y'all are gonna be in school 'til July, at this rate!

Ellis - We are doing a small unit on Canada next week, in preparation for the minor league hockey players who are coming to speak to our class. (There are only four Americans on the team, so the chance we'll have a Canadian speaking to us is pretty high!)

Monkeybabies - please check in when you can and let us know how your little one is doing. :hugs:

Kat - I need to get to an online meeting! I"m sure I'll see you there.

Angi - I"m glad to see you here!
Old 02-12-2004, 09:20 PM   #10  
Searching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennelle
I got my feelings hurt at work yesterday, and then again today (same subject). I talked with a fellow teacher about it and now it's straight. It's really strange...when my feelings get hurt, my "fight or flight" kicks in. Now, not being a fighter, I tend to run. Today, all I could think about for the last hour of class was how I was going to go to McDonald's on my planning period and get a cup of coffee. It was going to solve everything. In my heart, though, I knew what I REALLY wanted was some comfort from food. Well, french fries can't hug me and ice cream leaves me cold. (bad pun, I know! ) I decided not to go to MickeyD's, mainly because I wasn't sure I'd be strong enough NOT to order anything besides coffee.
Jenelle I so love you girl. First look at this you got your feelings straightend out and when something bothers me it will just get worse (until) I am eating instead of confronting it. But then you made the best loving choice for you!
YOU SO ROCK!!!!!!!!!(((((((((((((((((BIG HUG)))))))))))))))))))))

Miss Chris
Old 02-12-2004, 10:11 PM   #11  

Jennelle, I agree! Congrats on overcoming that urge. That's big.

I had a really frustrating day. Elijah is high-need today. Now I know what all those moms talk about on Oprah! I feel used up.
Old 02-12-2004, 11:07 PM   #12  

What is OA ftf?
Old 02-12-2004, 11:44 PM   #13  

got my answer! nevermind. online OA speak for face to face meetings.

holding baby and 1hand typing!
Closed Thread