Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2004, 09:50 PM   #1  

Default Fibromyalgia #114

Boy, it took long enough to find out how to get this started

Mima, glad you got your computer fixed and Joanne so glad you and Mima got to meet. It is really kind of special when you can actually meet an internet friend.

Be back in awhile
Old 02-12-2004, 02:56 AM   #2  

Hi Happy..you can send me some sunshine.. I'm having my "winter" blues time! So how do you start a new thread here now? My son put a pop up blocker on here last time he was home but it has to be turned off to get some stuff I want like the smilies.......

Cleaning help cancelled Monday so I didn't do anything either, take the cat for shots on Friday...supposed to be nice, had to cancell due to weather several times!

Ally..driving your dogs to the next town to walk..what a bummer! Can they not walk in the snow? So what did your boys think of the super bowl and Janet!

Mima and Joanne..glad you all got to meet!

They told my mom her memory problems were stress too and it was alzheimers...she could have been treated earlier if the doc had been honest with our family! My dad had that early onset alzheimers in his forties......so my chances are a bit greater...I know sleep and pain play a big roll in my memory...........

Last edited by Candicej; 02-12-2004 at 03:02 AM.
Old 02-12-2004, 07:00 AM   #3  

I sure have that memory thing but then it will pop into my mind. Joanne, I have a brother 12 years younger, Brad has a brother 13 , my son Mike is 13 years older than my next son , and now Alison will have a brother almost 14 years younger!!!!It is a different relationship than your siblings almost the same age. Your sister is so nice. I thought it was my job to take care of my brother!!We locked in for next year-Dec through March. This place is awesome except for the owner of our site. He comes over all the time to cut down trees-allergy time. Now he has the yard dug up to cement and we are having company tomorrow night, He is a nice guy but he doesn't have boundaries. I talked to him yesterday about his plans. Enough is enough!!!Mima
Old 02-12-2004, 10:44 AM   #4  

Default Hey There

Hello Everybody-It is cloudy here today. We might get some rain by the weekend..
Candice- Happy- It was nice meeting Mima..We just started talking like old friends.
Mima- I know what you mean about feeling like we need to take care of the younger sisters and brother. I am the oldest in my family and I always had the feeling of wanting to care for them. I did my best ,but, when you are so young it is hard. I think it made me grow up real fast..Now ,sometimes I feel like they are taking care of me. I know my kids are always doing that.
Maybe the guy that owns the unit where you are just can't let go. He needs to be told to back off maybe.
You all have a good day...Tops tonight. I don't even want to get on that scale...Joanne
Old 02-13-2004, 06:54 AM   #5  

Hope the scale moves for you Joanne. Down!! I am hurting today because of that quilt. The sewing part is ok but then you have to cut in between the lines through a channel of a quarter of an inch. I will never make this quilt again -not good if your hands are getting osteoarthritis. We are having a cookout tonight-had to wait til it was warm because no room inside. We should have changed lots with that guy but then I wouldn't have met the wonderful lady next door. We have to be nice to him because we are staying 2 weeks longer. His 95 year old mother was visiting and fell and broke her hip and then had a stroke so she is down here in rehab. Not fun for them. I am so used to construction that I am not asserting my rights. When I get upset enough, I will Have a good day. Mima
Old 02-13-2004, 10:30 AM   #6  

Default Hey There

Mima- The scale went up!!! I knew it would...It wasn't a surprise. I just have to buckle down more.. I have to get back to the quilt I am making.. I let my reading get in front too often.. I will just set a couple hours aside each day/evening to do it. That's how I am ,I have to schedule my time...Sometimes I even write it down on my calender. I have a tendency to get pulled away to other things...Too many eggs in one basket ,so to speak.. I set a time for walking ... everything..Now I am back to measuring and weighing all my food. No eating out for at least a couple weeks. I told my hubby NO CANDY this weekend. He doesn't need it either.
Hello everybody...I hope you have a GREAT VALENTINES.
Joanne
Old 02-13-2004, 01:39 PM   #7  
RAR

HI! Everyone havent been on for a couple of days due to working12 hrs all I been doing is sleeping any one can send me some sunshine !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! as I HATE THIS COLD WEATHER MimiI know how you feel when MR Arthur visits I cant crochet as often anymore as my fingers really get stiff at times had the same problem last week the phone lone was out and so no computer just glad that you got it fixed Joanne that is a good way to get sress relief by walking on the beach well girls Happy valentine day!!!!!!!!and may everyone be strong enough to resist all the choclates that come your way Have a great weekend Rita
Old 02-14-2004, 07:41 AM   #8  

Happy Valentine's Day to all. Joanne, I remeber when I had to go back to counting points-it does get you on the right track. Then it sinks in again. Just when I was getting so frustrated about cutting the quilt, I found a way to do it much faster. They even sell special scissors but I won't need them. Had a great cookout last night but then the mosquitoes got us-guess we need that screen house.Had nws from the north-my brother is having medical problems. He just had pneumonia but his lungs are bclear and he's having weakness and a fever. He's also had rectal bleeding and an elevated psa. They are doing and endoscopy, colonoscopy , and urology appt. What's so scary is that my dad died of cancer so it's always on my mind. Plese pray for him. I have to let go of the outcome. Thanks. Going over Mike's to help clean out the bathroom-they are putting in a new one for Al. Then nap, church, and out to eat. Bye for now-Hey Ally, hope you have a nice day. Mima
Old 02-14-2004, 10:27 AM   #9  

Default Hey There

Mima- I put the unopened small heart of candy in the freezer!! I told my hubby Thanks but I was not going to eat it right now.. He ate most of his for his breakfast. He wanted a cake so I bought him a FF small pound cake. It is almost gone.Now on to other things...I hope your brother gets well soon . I had pneumonia a few years ago. It went into bacterial staph before I got to the hospital. I thought it was just a virus. The angel was there for me that day. I was in the hospital almost 2 weeks.What a mess. Cancer is a scary thing..My father,G/mother and everyone of his siblings were taken by cancer. Now as far as I know there is no cancer on my mothers side of the family.Just Heart Dx.and hypertension.We will pray for good news for him.Cancer runs in my hubbys side of the family. He lost his brother and sister within 30 days of each other.Two first cousins died of cancer also.What a gloomy subject for such a nice day.
I hope everyone has a nice day..We are going to stay quiet. We will rent a video and do the usual. I plan on going for my walk if it doesn't rain. I'll cook ,maybe a steak for us ,and try to stay within my points...
Bye....Joanne
Old 02-15-2004, 05:43 AM   #10  

Got the cat to the vet for her shots and then she got sick everywhere! Good thing I had a rug under her carrier. Got her settled at home then went back to town to the craft mall to find sale items, lots of snowmen! Found some Valentine cookeis too! Oh No!!!!!!!!! We had pizza tonight, don't have it very often....so good.....

Are you all doing the flex pts thing or just the regular way of counting? I gotta get serious about staying within my pts..I always count but on "cookie" days go over! I would like to drop the few I gained but do not have too...just would feel more comfy in my clothes around the waist. The IBS does not help that feeling either!
Old 02-15-2004, 07:43 AM   #11  

Yikes-I have 2 containers of candy now-went to eat last night-had white clam sauce on linguini-probably too much oil-won't eat the leftovers-but deliscious-Brad put a balloon shaped like red lips on the front of the trailer when I got home from Mike's -almost wet my pants!!!Dr thinks my brother still has the effects of the flu-and he doesn't rest-My daughetr called last night-her new boyfriend gave her diamond earrings for Valentine's day.Wow!!She was happy.He has always been super generous. It's rainy here today but it's also Sunday-a quiet day. My daughter loves the way WW does the points now. Have a good day. Mima
Old 02-15-2004, 10:36 AM   #12  

Default Hey There

I haven't been back to WW since they started the Flex points. I wish I had a copy but I don't want to go back to get them.. Anyone want to send me a copy? I am just doing the 123 system still.2 weeks ago I was 1 1/4 within my goal this week 4 lbs!!! I did good yesterday. I was only over 1 point.. I didn't eat any candy!!!!!!!!!I walked 2 miles (40min.) on the treadmil. That was my limit on the treadmil. It is an older one and noisy. It was raining and I couldn't go outside. I will try today..I was thinking all day yesterday it was sunday..I Hope all you guys had a great day...I ate a steak and veggies. Noe I am going to go look in the freezer and see how much fish I have..This is going to be fish and chicken week..I hope to lose this week..Wish me luck...Joanne
Old 02-15-2004, 11:33 AM   #13  

Joanne - Flex Pints

You"ll begin each week with 35 Flex Pints. Use them any way you please. Don't use them at all, use some, divide them evenly over the week, or spend them all on a weekend splurge. Once the week is up, they're gone. Keep track of them in your daily points.

I don' know if the Points Target changed at all. Here they are

Less than 150 Pounds 20
150 to 174 Pounds 22
175 to 199 Pounds 24
200 to 224 Pounds 26
225 to 249 Pounds 28

My daughter gave me the new Flex Points book. She had gotten two of them.
Old 02-15-2004, 11:44 AM   #14  

Meme - where in the world are you!!! It has been a loooooong time since we heard from you. How is your family? Is your daughter better?

Ally in Lust - You too!!! Where are you!

I hope you all had a great Valentines Day.

I am still fighting the yeast beast. I have a systemic yeast infection. Have taken a ton of Diflucan to try to kill it, but as of yet it has not worked. I am now trying a Homopathic treatment and it is much better. No cravings for sugar at all. I could look at candy and cake all day and not be tempted. This is wonderful news for me. This has been going on for more than 3 years, and stems from the cortisone shots I had 4 years ago. I had 16 of them in that year, all in the back. I had no idea what was causing this repeated yeast problem, but this summer, while at the Dermatologist she was going to inject a couple of little scars with cortisone, but advised me that she had to use minimum cortisone because it caused yeast to really grow!!!!!! Nobody EVER told me this before and it was after all these shots that this started. It causes terrible sugar cravings, and it has all the symptoms of FM as well. Right now, I am aching terribly, but hopefully that will pass. I have been on the treatment for a week and already feel a HUGE difference. The pain could well be from toxins being released. I HOPE that is what it is.

The Doctor told me I would not loose any weight as long as the yeast is present, asthe body holds on to everything. So hopefully, I can now lose some of it. Wish me luck!

Joanne - glad you froze your candy. Candice, get out of the cookies!!! You must be related to Cookie Monster! Mima, glad you are enjoying your winter interlude. Hi Rita, are you now on days off?
Old 02-15-2004, 06:49 PM   #15  

Default Hey There

Thanks Happy..It looks like I have been eating too many points.I am under 150 lbs...Now does it say that 20 points is the limit or is there a range to 20 pts?
I used to be bothered with yeast infections when I was working and wearing hose and poly uniforms. I seldom wear hose and it has been years since I have had a bad infection. I have had my knees injected with cortizone . Thank the lord not in the last year. They have to hurt awful bad for me to do that. It makes me sick for days after getting an injection.
Yes the candy is in the freezer. It has been a challenge to not look at it everytime I have to get something out.My body leans toward it every time.
I walked my usual route .That was hard today. It was windy and I was walking into the wind. I went before lunch. My sugar must have been low. My legs felt like rubber. I was really hungry. I told Louie I don't know how I did it. One of those days. I couldn't get something in my mouth fast enough when I got home.
21.5 points today.. Will try to stay under for the rest of the week.
Hello Everybody...Bye..Joanne
Closed Thread