Exercise! - Remember those exercise rope things?

02-08-2004, 09:52 PM
Does anybody remember those exercise ropes that were kind of popular in the 1980s? They were a set of ropes with loops at the ends attached to a pulley. They had a loop that went over a doorknob. You put the loop over the doorknob and laid down on your back and put your feet and hands in the other loops. Then you swished your legs and arms back and forth in tandem, with the pulley providing the guide and resistance. I don't know if I am describing this very well. My mom had a set in the mid-80s, and she absolutely loved them. They eventually broke, and my mom really wants a new set. I'd like to find them for her, but we have no idea what they are called, and I haven't seen them in any stores or online. Does anyone remeber these things or have any idea where I might find some? Thanks.

02-09-2004, 04:08 AM
I remember EXACTLY what you are talking about--we had one too!

I found one on eBay at: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3659829153&category=56203

Hope that helps & good luck!

Jo :wave:
The quality of my life is entirely in my hands.

02-09-2004, 04:02 PM
If you look on QVC type sites you'll find that the Pilates body system stuff is just that but updated and up-priced too!

Isn't it odd that this sort if stuff just gets reinvented, renamed and sold back out to us many years after its first demise?

Good luck with Jo's link!

02-09-2004, 07:38 PM
Hi I'm DonnaD, and I have one of those rope things with the loop that goes over the door. We had one years ago and I found one a couple of mos ago at "Sports Authority"
I haven't used it much. My door knobs not up to the task

02-10-2004, 10:03 PM
Thanks for the tips!

02-11-2004, 05:31 PM
Here is a link for you to try. This one is a little more expensive but is the same as the one that you are describing.
Good luck. And I found another one that's even better:

I think this is the one your mom probably had.

02-13-2004, 04:25 PM
LOL! My mom had one of those, too! I recently saw an ad for one in the back of a Weider Publication (Shape magazine, maybe?)

What to those rope things do, anyway??