Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2004, 10:27 AM   #1  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default Everything Chat: Week of 2/8

Hi All!!

Hope everyone's having a great weekend (better than mine at least)!!!

I came home from work Friday night to a flood! The drain at our back door (which is our main entrance, and is down 4 steps) was clogged up, because it was frozen out at the road. We had about 6-7 inches of water (up to the first step) and it was a couple inches up the door. Once we got inside, the whole hallway and 1/2 the kitchen was flooded, not deep, but a huge puddle that took us about 3 hrs. to clean up. Also, the foundation leaked and the water came into Peter's bedroom, so we had to empty that out and put everything in the garage, including his carpet. I don't think the carpet will be ruined, it's a nylon berber, and the water was just running out of it when we picked it up. The padding will be alright too. We laid it out in the garage to dry. We're going to put it out in the driveway today to help it dry out, since the sun is out. We have Peter's crib in our room, which is a feat in itself!! The landlord came over and helped DH bail out the water from by the back door, and finally borrowed a sump pump from his brother, so they pumped the water out. This happened once before, but the water didn't get this high.

Today we're going to my my mom's to pick up a chest of drawers from her basement for Peter's room. We need more space for his things now, and the rolling carts and changing table aren't cutting it. the problem is, I can't fit everything in there, so I will have to either move the glider, or put the changing table in mom's basement. I really don't want to move the glider, because it's nice to keep him in his room during the night when he wakes up. But the chest, even though it's a small one, I think is too high to use as a changing table. It's higher than a dresser, but lower than a regular adult size chest of drawers.

Anyway, as much as this was a fiasco, it got us to clean stuff out!

OK, gotta go mop the floor with bleach! Catch y'all later!

PS- if you didn't see Jackie's pics on last week's thread, check them out!!
Old 02-08-2004, 11:49 AM   #2  
Working on Weight loss!!!

GREAT pics Jackie!! Cute puppy and son!!It is soo nice to put a face to people!!!

Well, Ms Priss is officially walking!! She has been pulling and holding on to everything and going around the house but I think now she is not scared to let go!!!Bought her a wedding outfit for next month..She is soo funny to find clothes for!!!She is getting long that I need the 18 months almost but they are way too big...I tried whole milk alone, she projectile vomits it..DOes fine with the 1/4-1/2 strength..I am going to buy another ENfamil Lipil and keep mixing!!
Got to run!!!
Have a great day all!!
RR
Old 02-08-2004, 12:46 PM   #3  
LBH

RR, I've been giving Peter whole milk for a week or two now, and he's fine with it, but I just used up the last of the formula yesterday. I'm not going to buy anymore, since he's OK with it. Do you think she's slightly lactose intolerant, or could it be that she just doesn't like it? I would guess it's not an allergy, since she takes it OK it mixture.

I have the same problem with Peter for clothes, need 18 month for length, but he's soo skinny, the waists are still big...he's almost grown into them though.

Peter had a pop tart for breakfast this AM...he liked it! Of course, it's sweet! (Had a little banana too, and drank almost 8 oz. of milk from his sippy!)
Old 02-08-2004, 03:19 PM   #4  
Rattie Lover

Thumbs down

Goodness Lauren!!! What a PITA!!! esp. in the dead of winter there!! Sounds like you were ready to make your own personal ice rink.

Those pics were cute, Jackie!! <animal sucker here>

Well...last weekend I went to Southern California to visit some friends and to go get my new "babies". I brought home two "Special Needs" rats. Can you say Sucker?!! I just love them to pieces!! The gal that gave them to me got thousands of emails asking for this 1 rat named "Roo". Roo is missing 1 limb and his other is deforemed. He was on the rescue web page and she decided to let ME have him! I am honored! And I also got his brother...Harry. He has a stub for a foot and a stump for a tail. Here's a few pics!!
Old 02-08-2004, 03:20 PM   #5  
Rattie Lover

And here are my two new handicapped snugglerats!!! Roo is missing 1 front leg completely, and his other front leg is disfigured. He hops around like a KangaRoo! Harry is missing most of his tail and he has a stub for a back leg and is missing some fingers here and there. But he doesn't know that...So I'm not going to tell him.

Old 02-08-2004, 03:21 PM   #6  
Rattie Lover

Prince Roo getting a kiss from Momma...Awwww...

(Now don't worry. They are very clean animals and I just cleaned them more before I gave them lovins'. Ya Ya..Noodles is nuts...about her Rats!! )

Old 02-08-2004, 08:29 PM   #7  
LBH

Oh Noodles, you're such a crackhead!! But I will say, that pic is cute, he's got a cute face.
Old 02-08-2004, 08:32 PM   #8  

Noodles..Hurray for the rescues!!! I rescued cats until I got married soo we could never live together with my 5 furry friends~~~~~
RR
Old 02-09-2004, 03:15 AM   #9  
Rattie Lover

Thumbs down

That's me...the sucker crackhead for all footless and fancy free ratties. But I wouldn't have it any other way.
Old 02-09-2004, 10:37 AM   #10  

hello!

I lost .5 this week. Down is down.

Noodles - rats, huh?

Jackie - great pictures! I'll bet your son really loves that dog.

Lauren - wow, sorry about the flood! What a mess.

RR - cool that the little one is walking.

Rabbit
*3.5 down, 21.5 to go
Old 02-09-2004, 12:38 PM   #11  
LBH

Yay Rabbit!!!! Every little bit counts!!
Old 02-09-2004, 07:36 PM   #12  

Hi.....................

Hope everyone is having a good day so far. Mine was busy as usual. I decided to ask my boss if I could go ahead and get set up at home to do my extra work, and he said I could and so I ordered a DSL line from BellSouth today and it should be in on Thursday and then our computer tech will load it on my computer. I really wanted to wait until we moved, but with so much going on, it was 6:30 at night before I could get to the office and I usually had about 3-4 hours of work to do. DH was getting worried about me and I can't blame him. Anyways I am very excited about this and it will make it much easier on me to work at home after hours.

The puppy is doing fine. I think I have spoiled him. He was crying and crying this afternoon and after trying everything, I finally picked him up and cradled him and rocked him and he fell asleep. I am having so much fun with him, except for the losing sleep part.

I got to go get dishes done so we can go to Home Depot and order the bathtubs for our house.

Talk to you all later.

PS: Noodles: That's so sweet of you to take Roo and his brother. They sure look like they love each other.
Old 02-09-2004, 08:55 PM   #13  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi guys,

OK, I'm trying again. I typed a nice post and lost it. I hate that.

Hope everyone had a great day. We had a jammie day here. We both stayed in our pj's all day. We had an awful night. Alex kept waking up wailing and it took awhile to get him consoled/quited. He's been doing this about once a week. Sure wish I knew what was causing them. Then after we got up and started breakfast the cat threw up in the heat register. EWWWWWWW. That was awful to clean up.

RR: Cool on the walking!! Yeah Kaylee.

Lauren: Oh wow, that really sucks!! I hope the mess wasn't too hard to clean up.

Noodles: Sorry, I just can't do rats. I'm glad that they have you to look out for them.

Rabbit: Yeah for the loss!!

Jack: Those are awesome pics. Both boys are adorable. Yeah on being able to work from home. That will be a relief for you.

Found out tonight that DH will be away for Alex's first birthday. That makes me pretty sad. I guess we will just have to celebrate the week before. Drat.

OK, here are lots of new pics:
Just imagine his head a little lower to the floor and you have his new favorite night time nursing position!! Sometimes it's like a circus in there!!

I just thought this one was cute.

I let him feed himself dinner. We had quite the mess!!

It's ok tho, Nikki was there with a helping tongue!!

OK, enough for now!! Have a good night!!

*edited to remove pics

Last edited by KarenK; 02-27-2004 at 10:29 PM.
Old 02-09-2004, 10:12 PM   #14  

Wow...he is growing up!!!
Rabbit--Yeah on the loss!!!
Jackie-Good that U can work at home!!
Hello everyone else!!! Off to bathe!!!
RR
Old 02-09-2004, 11:29 PM   #15  

Karen: Cute pictures!!!!!

I finally had a chance to catch up on the posts

Lauren: Sorry about the flood you had.

RR: That's great about Kaylee walking.

Rabbit: Congrats on the 1/2lb loss. That's better than what I am seeing. (Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream )

Karen: That's awful that DH will miss Alex's 1st B-Day, but good that you will celebrate the week before he has to leave.

See you all later

Jackie
Closed Thread