Old 02-06-2004, 10:51 PM   #1  

Default Easy Chicken Satay (PH 1)

I made this on Super bowl Sunday and it was yummy! Didn't tell non SBD hubby and son that it was "diet" food!! I got it from Prevention forums.

Easy Chicken Satay

3 Tbsp natural peanut butter
1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
1/2 cup lemon or lime juice
1 Tbsp brown sugar substitute (sugar twin)
1 Tbsp curry powder
3 cloves garlic, chopped
2 tsp hot pepper sauce
6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cubed
wooden skewers soaked in water for at least 2 hrs.

In large bowl, combine 1st seven ingredients. Add chicken to mixture and marinade overnight. Weave the chicken on skewers and grill until done.

I used chicken breast tenders.

Michele
cub77cub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 09:27 AM   #2  

THanks for the recipe! My chicken is marinating. But what if I don't have a grill???

Any suggestions on how to bake with the marinade- how long? how hot? etc?
luckyredlisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 11:25 PM   #3  

Default Chicken Satay

Lisa -
Directions are as follows. Go to Neiman Marcus and purchase new purse. Then start recipe. HA HA HA!!!

Anyway, I have used the method of baking chicken, letting it cook over night then shredding it. I find this is a good way to have great chicken with lots of sauce due to more surface space.

I have tried Anne Chung's Peanut Sauce (it is all legal - it has 4grams of sugar, but totally worth it considering I would pass on 100 bowls of cereal for that). Anne Chung's is sold at Trader Joes, and asian markets. The packaging is very american though.

The other option is to skewer the chicken tenders and bake at 350 for 12 minutes. I suggest buying an instant read thermometer - I use it constantly and I cater professionally.
pebbles396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 09:45 PM   #4  

Default Good Stuff

This recipe was very tasty! It's the first one I've tried from this site and I really enjoyed it. I hadn't been using any peanut butter since I'd started SB last year, so it was a nice change from things I've been eating.
chefladybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 05:07 PM   #5  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

I'm not sure with the PB sauce on it, but you could try broiling this for 4 mins, turning the skewers once. I have a satay recipe that cooks that way, and the meat is totally done by that time, as long as it isn't thick.
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote