Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2004, 10:43 PM   #1  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Default Chit Chat #27

Welcome everyone,

We are a group of ladies who support each other through all of life's ups & downs, not just weight loss.

Won't you join us?

Angie
Old 02-05-2004, 11:43 PM   #2  

Height: 5'1"

I'm back again. Can you imagine how I must live my life? Do a little here, do a little there, come on the computer, chat and start all over! Believe it or not I am productive some of that time I'm away from the computer!!

Ok...question question....Angie--Jana...how did you two meet? Through here or through another message board or in person? Rereading some of the post I seen that you Angie mentioned that you met Jana and that is how you came here?

How did anyone find this site? Me? Well thank you for asking.... When I worked at Sony, on my breaks I would go to the computer and browse around all kinds of weight loss sites. This was when I was part of the Fitness Program and I was really getting into being in shape. And I was on Yahoo and saw health, then kept on going until I saw weight loss: personal experiences. And there was/is a list of personal experiences! 3FC used to have an area where you can visit and view other peoples weight loss success and view pictures.... What ever happened to that part of 3FC?? Do any of you ever remember seeing that?
Anyway, I used to come here a lot for about year before I finally decided to join. That was after Sony closed and I had more time to get on the computer. And why did I choose Jaded Ladies? Well at the time I didn't really feel Jaded about my weight, just about what was going on at the time with losing my job and all. Also, the ladies here just seemed so real, (that make sense?) Just didn't sound like anyone was trying to impress anyone. So that is why I chose to post here! You girls are great. Although...we have lost a few since I've started posting...did I scare them off? I'm curious if Michelle ever got her doggy day care going. Michelle is the one who was doing that isn't she???

Well how do you like that? Did I bore you all to tears?? I'm sorry!! I will go for now then. Extreme Makeover will be on in 15 mins. and I don't know if I've seen it or not. I think I need to get my gut lipoed...but then again I saw "cosmetic surgery gone bad"....never watch that!!!!

Ok..
take care
Marti

BTW....I may come back tonight...and if you must....ground me from posting until I come up with something more exciting!!!
Old 02-06-2004, 12:12 AM   #3  
kitty Momo

Default Thursday Evening

Hi,

Jana~ Thanks for the vegetable soup idea.I was so inspired I went to the store and bought some veggies & V-8 juice,and made some soup myself. Though I must say yours sounds better.....

Geez, I love these icons can I play with them for a while ... .....

My soup was just Italian veggies,V-8,onions,and some yellow squash.I turned it on low and let it simmer for 3 hours
It came out really good.I had 2 bowls for dinner.
I drank 80oz`s of water I think that is one part of tryng to lose weight I like the least, drinking water.I probably don't have to drink 80 oz`s though?? I am just always impatient.

Anyway, yes.......Jana. Single Parenting is a toughie.I must say though that my 2 oldest daughters ((12 & 11))live with there father. I moved in June out of the school district for my job. I must be 7 miles away from them,and see them every day. I just have Gaby with me full time and she just started her "Terrible Two`s"....she is into everything.

Marti~ Curious what you mean by "senior housing landscaper??".....
I know where Cottage Grave is Down south past Eugene?? Do you know where Oakridge is at?? I have an elderly lady friend that lives there, really very beautiful. I think Waldo Lake is close to her house.....by Rays grocery store.....lol
Anyway, if I don't scare you , would love to meet up with you & Kate sometime.
Angie was brave and came down from Canada for a visit a few years ago.I think we had fun??? It was during the Rose Parade, raining cats & dogs,typical Oregon, I guess. I was really scattered brained, wasn't a very good hostest.

Katie~ How did I lose 110lbs?? This was a while ago. I was 245 and lost 110 in 17 months. I started in Sep 98 and was at goal weight((135)) in Feb.2000.Which was weird because it was the same month I seperated with my husband.....
I walked 3 miles a day and used Slim Fast for breakfast.I didn't eat past 6PM and I drank a lot of water.I hate to say it but I only ate 1 main meal a day.I think my total calorie intake was 1000.
I gained back up to 190 with the birth of Gabrielle and I lost after she was born back down to 150.
I feel good at 150/145.I can wear 8 jeans at that weight,and think I look healthy.I was too thin when Angie visited, 135. I didn't feel healthy , could feel my hip bones and such.
So, was looking at the calendar and trying to decide if 3 pounds a week was realistic?? Thinking it is.......though always heard 2 a week is good.

Anyway, I am so friggin water logged I feel like a

LOL........I better get back to work.

Night
Susan
Old 02-06-2004, 12:16 AM   #4  
Give me strength

Jana and I met in BBW...I was at Chapters one day and saw this awesome mag. I bought it and came home and literally cover to cover read it in one sitting. In one part I saw they had a web site...I checked it out and ended up joining a support group there...meeting Jana. I really enjoyed it in there but... it took forever for me to read anything...believe me this site is like speed of light compared to BBW.
I was reading my emails...Mikado ( a production coming up) needs a props person....lol what is this almost a week?

I had to pick Brandon up early from work...he slammed his finger in a door and *yuck we had to make a stop at Walmart first for a splint and tape...poor kid. Will have to take him in to the Dr tomorrow...I would say its broken. But with a finger they can't do much and well ER are a bad place to be during a full moon.
well Im really going to bed....
Angie
Old 02-06-2004, 12:26 AM   #5  
Give me strength

Susan remember we used to talk about the diet olympics? Mad dashes to the bathroom after drinking gallons of water? Hurdling over toys,,,, what else did we talk about?
Yes we did have fun. Even thou I almost froze to death! Id love to come back and tour again...
Not sure if you know this,,,but we are trying to make plans for all of us to meet in Evansville In this summer. Well since Im an unemployed bum I can come anytime...lol Just have to save....*egads
Angie
Old 02-06-2004, 12:54 AM   #6  
kitty Momo

Default Mad Olympics???

Hi Angie

I am headed from home.

I really shouldn't drink water past 6PM or so, hate the bloated feeling.

We have talked about a lot of things.........going to the bathroom every 15 minutes included ......bonds people real quick, I guess.

If you have seen Kindergarten Cops.....(this is memory lane Ang)..... that bathroom in the woods that the lady cop has to stop at to throw up??? Cause she is so sick??
That is a place on HWY 26 to the Oregon coast from Portland.It is a real dive,it really does have its bathroom key hooked to a hub cap....anyway, I have been many times to that bathroom and have used it.My 15 minutes of fame.....lol.....anyway, I know all the bathrooms on the north Oregon coast....

Where is Evansville??

It was kind of nice here today.I live up from the bridge we watched the parade on.I went past the waterfront this morning where we tried to dry our hair from the bathroom hand dryer...lol......geez, you really looked miserable that day.
Oregon isn't always like that though,it can be very nice.

Night,
Susan
Old 02-06-2004, 01:22 AM   #7  

Wow...aren't you ladies just the chatters tonight!!

Susan--Yep, Cottage Grove is south of Eugene. Not much of a town, but the house we just moved into...I just couldn't pass the opportunity. And yes, I have heard of Oakridge...it's a quiet place. Pretty, but not much around. But I do know where Rays is!!!

That would be great to get together some time. We have You, Shanna, Katie, me and if Angie wanted to just stroll down south...we'd have a great little gathering.

Evansville is in Indiana....I've been through there years ago and the parts that I seen,,,well it was beautiful. (Is it still Jana???)

Angie--Mind if I ask what BBW is?? I'm glad that you met Jana and came mosing along over hear. I dragged Shanna on over....but she wasn't kicking and screaming (gosh darn it I was hoping I had some kind of control!) ....I think it's nice to have friends being a part of something.

Oh...Susan..Senior housing landscaping.....sorry for not making it clear..its the people who keep up the yards for the senior homes. They come every week to mow and rake the lawns. I sure wish they would just sneak on over to my yard and do a little bit of it for me! I live right next to the senior housing. These are just apartments for the seniors, they aren't unable to do things, heck they're probably more active than me!! During the summer, I sat on my patio while I watched one of the ladies go for her daily walk.......with her walker!! What's wrong with me?? So lazy!!

Well I think it's time for me to retire to the bedroom. My eyes are tired. I will chat with you ladies tomorrow!!

Night
Marti
Old 02-06-2004, 02:28 AM   #8  
kitty Momo

Good Night Marti,

I just totally can not sleep.

Too little food? Too much water? I am really tired........

Oakridge? Yes, it is a very small town.My friend lives above ((oh, geesh....so sorry. It cracks me up though))......Rays, across the railroad tracks.I have only been there 4 times.It has been a year or so now. Would love to take a trip down there and show her Gabrielle.

My sister goes to college in Eugene.She is so funny,says it takes her 90 minutes to get to Portland.I just say is that dead or alive.........way too fast.I think I can get to Oakridge in 3 hours though.

Indiana sounds nice.My heart is set on Arkansas though He says he doesn't worry about 10 pounds either way.....he doesn't understand why I do.Anyway,if we break up by March I will go to Indiana....lol....

Going to bed now though.

Night Marti

Susan
Old 02-06-2004, 02:43 AM   #9  

I'm having problems getting to sleep also...And I know I should considering I need to get up at 6:30a.m.!!! Crazy I tell you...

What college is your sister going to? U of O or the community college? I'm attending LCC right now. Can't wait for it to be over. Not a good attitude I know.

90 mins. to get to Portland??? Hmm.. I'm trying to think how long it takes us, about 2hrs or so, depending on where we're headed.

I really hope everything works out for you and your Arkansas man. Have you two exchanged photos? You are definately going to have to get Kayecee to do a sneak peak at your man and see if he's good quality! I wonder if he's any where near where she is??

Kayecee---where you at? What do you think of checking out Susan man?

Susan--I wanted to ask if you wanted to exchange home addresses. Since I started posting with these lovely ladies, I've been exchanging cards. We did Christmas and for some reason I wanted to do Valentines too. I also plan on doing the birthday thing. (once again, thank you ladies for sending me a birthday card...very sweet of you) I have everyone but you, and I don't want to leave you out. But I also don't want to make you feel you have to give me your address. If you would like to exchange addresses, send me a PM and I will reply to you. I know Valentines Day is a Sweetheart day, but I thought it would be fun. I haven't had this much fun with female friends in years!! My female friends from school ended up....well...let's say there was always some sort of competition thing going on that I thought was too juvenile and I decided to move on.

Ok...now I'm really going to attempt to get some sleep!!

Night Susan----you better get to bed too!!
Marti
Old 02-06-2004, 03:08 AM   #10  
kitty Momo

Hi Marti........

I was just kind of reading in the success stories.Trying to find some "inspiration" for tomorrow.......oh, wait.....the clock just turned to mid night.......Good Morning!! Everyone out of bed!! Don't be lazy!! Geesh....

lol

Umm, baby sister goes to U of O.I think it is her 2nd year.She also works in Ron Wydens office as an intern, she wants to be a lawyer.She is 21 and a sweet girl........

I met Arkansas Man on a dating site back in May.He saw my picture and responded to me.It was my 135 pic and I was really happy.
Now I have had Gabrielle, exhausted and weigh 25 pounds more.........lol.
He has seen updated pictures though.I think the last was when I was 150.
I have a whole album of him.He could stand to lose 20 pounds himself.....he isn't sweating it though....

Sure I will send you my addie, love to get a Valentine`s.Thanks

Ok.........will try and go to bed myself.

Night John Boy.........

Susan
Old 02-06-2004, 09:06 AM   #11  
GmaTo8

Hi Ladies,

This thread is going so fast! Not sure I can keep up!!

Angie - since you don't have to go to work, how about you and your SIL come on over to my house and clean MY closets?? LOL!! I have never heard of Mr. Clean Eraser, but it is now on my grocery list. Sounds like just what I need after the twins have been here, lol. How's Brandon's finger? Kiss it and make it better! I do my own pedicures, but would love to have a professional one. As I said before, I haven't even ever had my fingernails done by a pro.

Marti - BBW is Big Beautiful Women, named after the magazine. That is also where we met Michelle. I dragged both of them over here with me, when I knew I wanted to get sereious about losing weight, and they did, too. I think a meeting on the west coast in 2005 is a great idea! Count me in! Since some of us will have to fly, it really needs to be held at a city with a major airport. Other than that, you guys out there can decide which city.

Susan - I had asked for your snail mail addy, too, but I think you missed that. PM me if you want, okay? My valentines are ready to go - actually Neal mailed Angie's this morning on his way to work since I wasn't sure how long it takes to get to Canada. (Mail to Angie takes 65 cents, btw) Since you asked, yes, I do think 3 pounds a week is way too much if you plan to keep the weight off. Half that is more like it. You will be losing muscle, not fat, with a big weekly loss. Weeks 1 and 2 you will lose water, but after that, 1 or 1 1/2 pounds is more healthy. About Evansville, could you join us this year? We are meeting in August, probably the 14 or 21st. It is a nice place, sort of small, but with 2 malls, bookstores, a zoo, gambling boat, etc. The link to it is on the Meeting Thread. Anyway, if you come, keep your panties on or they will put them in a freezer!

I am going to Indianapolis tomorrow to see my nephew's twins that were born last week. Carter's had the cutest little blue and yellow outfits - a cute little dress for her and shirt and pants for the boy. With matching bibs! While we are in Indy, I'm going to get the rest of our park-hopper tickets for Disney.

I promise to stay OP while I'm gone. I did it last weekend, and I'll do it again! If I have a chance, I'll be back later today or in the AM.

Jana
Old 02-06-2004, 10:09 AM   #12  

Just a quick reply to you Jana before I get ready for school. It cost you 65 cents to send mail to Angie??!! I stick the regular 37 cent stamp on mine....Angie...you did receive my Christmas card right?? Now I'm worried. I don't want to leave someone out!

Also, big major airport? Both Portland and Eugene have one. But we don't necessarily have to meet in Oregon....we'll think of that AFTER you have your first meeting!!! (I'm hoping to win the lottery so I can join you this year! -and every year after that!!)

Ok..I need to wash up, eat breakfast, then head out the door. It was a rough night and I'm very tired today. ....having problems getting to sleep again. But hey....I did enjoy company on here last night!! That was nice.

Oh before I forget....Susan I sent you both home and e-mail addy....if you have MSN messaging ....it's by the same name as my e-mail. Just thought I would let you and everybody know.

Ok..I will be back later tonight.

Marti

BTW--Jana cute advatar...is that your dog or just a different one. Cute Cute Cute!!
Old 02-06-2004, 01:56 PM   #13  
kitty Momo

Good Morning,

Thanks for the warm welcome, so cool to be getting Valentine cards in the mail!! I will send you my address Jana, I didn't receive any message...

Though I did get Marti`s.So you are getting married in March? I saw James`s picture last night. He is very handsome!! You both make a cute couple, congratulations
How did you meet him? Does he have any older friends, older brothers?? lol

I agree Jana, 3 pounds a week is too much.I am going to be excited just about getting back on track.Let the weight part follow.....though I would like to get in those jeans for my birthday!!! But, ok........patience is a good thing.

What is SIL??

Evansville in Aug??? lol.........have to figure out where it is at first.Sounds like fun though.Kind of worried about why I WOULDN'T be keeping my panties on .........or they will be in the freezer??? I am not getting it, my 1 cell brain just exploded.......lol

Um, ok. I am awake.Had a toss and turn sleep.I have my 32oz water bottle ....thinking of starting to drink it but really am not in the mood.

Anyone like Dr.Phil?? I was thinking of getting his books on healthy eating habits.I kind of like watching his show every day.

Anyway,off to email Jana.

You all take care!!!

Susan
Old 02-06-2004, 03:33 PM   #14  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Angry Tgif!

Wow, you ladies have been some busy bees since last night. where do I begin??

Susan~oh yes that part (NW corner) of AR is absolutely gorgeous, especially during the fall and spring, absolutely breathtaking! I love the Ozarks! I guess I missed that you had lost 110 lbs. WOW! About Dr. Phil I believe there are a few fans here, me being one. I LOVE Dr. Phil! His Weight Loss Challenge book is awesome. I have already read it and and rereading it. I don't think I fully comprehended everything there is to take in.

Jana~love your new avatar! The puppy dog is soooooo cute! And I know how you feel being lost when Neal is gone. DH works late most evenings and the kids are either gone or in their rooms doing their thing and it gets lonely downstairs sometimes. I spend a lot of evenings online here or looking up stuff. Hey, received the info on the FT in the mail yesterday, thanks! I am going to start that Monday. I weigh in on Monday mornings so I want to see how well I do in a week. I bought a few things this morning at Wal-Mart when I took my film to be developed, so I am ready. Thanks again.

Mart~I almost fired that realtor a few weeks ago. I was so angry at him for cancelling on us AGAIN! DH asked if I wanted to but he works with the bank we are getting the loan through so has helped in that dept. Also, we figured if we started over with someone new who's to say the next person would be any better?? It's almost over. About 3fc-I discovered 3fc about 4 years ago through E-Diets. I was a member for a year and a bunch of the ladies talked about it all the time. The thread (can't remember what it was called) broke up because of indifferences between a couple of the ladies. So I kind of just quit when they quit. When I joined this time I had seen an article in a magazine about the site, and thought I would give it another try. I just read a lot of the the threads and discovered Jaded Ladies and felt at home.

Angie~So sorry to hear about Brandons finger-OUCH! poor guy. I shut the door on my sons hand one day, luckily it wasn't hard, it hurt but no damage, thank goodness. I felt soooo very bad. Of course I had to make up for it for about a week. My sister did that to me when I was a child so I know it hurt bad. Make sure you baby your baby. Hey, I too use the Lipton Soup mix for roast and stew, the mushroom & onion. I cook them in a crockpot also. Your soup sounds delicious! I haven't tried the eraser stuff, but I have seen the commercial and wondered if it did work-so thank you! I will have to get some as it will come in handy when we get out of this house and have to clean it. I haven't decided yet if we are going to have someone else come in and clean it or not. It would be a lot easier on me if we do.

Kayecee~how is Vallory doing? Been thinking about her and you and hoping the whole family is better.

Hi Katie, & Shanna

Not much going on with me today. I have tons of laundry to get done. Geez, you miss a day or two and spend the whole day catching up. I am taking a break from the packing today. Will work the whole weekend and get lots done. DH and I are going to a home show tomorrow morning. I have never been to one of theirs, they have it every year. I think twice a year. Anyway, I am hoping to get some ideas.

Almost forgot, I am definitely up to a West Coast meet in 2005. I haven't been back to CA in a few years even though I have been meaning to. I could make a total vacation of it, meet & visit with you ladies and then head to CA and visit my friends & family there. Okay, this is getting waaaay too long. See ya later ladies.

Last edited by FrouFrou; 02-06-2004 at 05:00 PM.
Old 02-06-2004, 08:29 PM   #15  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Marti - when Angie sent her Christmas card, it had 67 cents in postage on it, so that's why I put the same on mine to her. She may have had to pay the difference on yours - she'll tell us when she checks back in, I hope. The new avatar is one I picked up on a different board, but it looks like Chloe when she was small. Awwww..... makes me want a puppy again!

Susan - SIL is sister in law. Evansville is in southern Indiana, and no, lol, you certainly don't have to take your panties off!! LOL!!!! But the clean ones you bring for the next day (there WILL be clean ones, we hope) could end up as a pantycicle. Or Kayecee may put your hand in warm water as you sleep so you'll pee the bed! We were kidding around about these things on the meeting thread, and it got out of hand! Btw, I love Dr. Phil!! I don't get him on my satalite out here in the boonies, but watch a snowy version with rabbit ears when I can.

Cristi - the avatar is because of my beagles! Isn't it just the cutest thing?? Glad you got the FT. It is a challenge, but I'm telling you, if I can do it, anybody can! I think you'll notice a big increase in energy from eating all that healthy food! I got a lot of Spring cleaning done last week, lol. Glad you are taking a day off from packing - you need a break. Enjoy the home show.

Well, as I mentioned before, I'm going to Indy tomorrow, so I won't be here in the morning. Maybe tomorrow evening, though. I weigh in tomorrow and I am proud to say I have been OP all week, no slip-ups!

Have a good Saturday!
Jana
Closed Thread