Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2004, 03:56 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 189/177/135

Height: 5'7

Question Been AWOL for a while wondering if I can come back?

I have been absent for a good while (longer than six months) due to some life changes that didn't leave internet access on the top of my agenda. Some of you may remember me, alot of you look new..... I actually can say I haven't even been lurking around I just haven't been here.

Life Changes=

1. Graduated from college with my BSN in Nursing.
2. Got a job a the local Childrens hospital in the ER.
3. Had to adjust the EVIL shift work (still not there yet).
4. Turned another year older 33.... Sheesh!
5. Maternal family is falling apart.
a. Oldest brother lost everything due to drugs/wife writing bad checks.
b. Oldest sister lost everything due to financial advisor selling out.
c. Middle brother in custody battle for his three sons.
d. Youngest brother in middle of divorce after 14 years.
6. Dad died after long bout with colon cancer and alcoholism.
7. DH decided to purchase new house during the holidays. Closed 5 days after my Dad's funeral.
8. Still have other house- running 2 households and trying not to lose my mind.
9. Finally made up my mind I was tired of being tired and overweight and made a new years resolution to do something about it.
10. I am back here looking for guidance, friendship and a sounding board made up of someone other than DH, DD and DS.

I work with the best bunch of people but they have a flaw... they like to eat- baked good, candy, chips, junk, birthday parties you name it they do it. I didn't gain any weight over the past 7-8 months but losing hasn't been in the vocabulary either. I just started cutting back in January no results about 3 weeks ago I decided to go Low-Carb... Well I have lost 7 pounds in 3 weeks holding steady- trying real hard to adjust since I could live my whole life with out meat but am realizing that until I get down to my goal weight and feel good about myself I have to restrict the foods that are my comfort foods which are pretty much based on sugar and starches which is why I gained back up to almost 170 pounds. Didn't reach my high weight before turning around which was 186-192 but it would not have taken much to get there.

Well as of this AM I am 160.5 would like to lose 20-25 more but am doing this 5 pounds at a time. I can see the difference after 7 pounds stomach is flatter and can see it in my face and arms. I have a closet full of size 8's that I bought prior to starting Nursing School and that is pretty much my goal doesn't really matter what the weight is.

Hoping that you guys don't mind if I start posting again. Will probably be hap-hazard due to my goofy schedule but I really would like to jump back in with both feet.

Amy
Old 02-05-2004, 04:40 PM   #2  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Of course you can come back Amyjo!

Sorry to hear about your family troubles

Just think of all the good stuff though - your life with DH and the kids, graduating and a new job

If you need some help we have started a challenge to lose weight for the summer, daily food journal and daily exercise thread to keep us all on track - so go ahead and jump in
Old 02-05-2004, 05:58 PM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

No, Amy, you can NEVER come back.
So sorry about your Dad. Hang in there, hon.
Old 02-06-2004, 08:35 AM   #4  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Ellis-HAHAHA!!!

Amyjo-Sorry things have been so rough for you. OF COURSE you can come back!! (for a price) BUT SERIOUSLY: most of us have been trudging along not losing any weight ourselves!! Come on in whenever you can, and congratulations on the BSN and new job!!!
Old 02-06-2004, 10:16 AM   #5  

Hey,Amyjo, I am one of the new ones since you were here last. I want to quote Ellis, before she gets in here to say it. (Ellis. Hi! ) Get your bootie in here right now Amyjo and start posting! I'm sorry that you have had such a bad time. You really have had a lot of serious life changes. You might consider talking to someone professional to help with the stress and grief that you must be feeling.Meanwhile, we are here for you girl!!! Glad to meet you!!!!
Old 02-06-2004, 10:17 PM   #6  
Hot Stuff

OMG...Amyjo???? Is that YOU? So good to see you again! Not many of us left from the Alternative Group. Punkin is still around on our thread over in the Misc. Clubs forum, drop over if you get a chance.

Very sorry to hear about your Dad and all the other family troubles. You've certainly been through a lot. And two houses? Geez, I can barely keep up with one.

Glad you're back!
Old 02-07-2004, 05:32 AM   #7  

thanks guys
Old 02-08-2004, 11:20 AM   #8  

hey, i was gone a year, for my second disappearing act, and they welcomed me back into the nutjar. *grins*

welcome back. this is, by far, the best resource if you need emotional support. these ladies are wonderful, and i can't wait to get to know all of the new arrivals since i left.

please remember that, when things start to seem bad. it's a lesson that i wish i'd remembered several months ago.

Old 02-08-2004, 11:22 AM   #9  

Height: 5'-2"

Yeah. Just remember that we need nurturing, too.
Old 02-08-2004, 07:41 PM   #10  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

Hi Amy!!!!
Old 02-09-2004, 05:28 AM   #11  

Flower!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Girl! what has been up.... haven't heard from you in a while not since before you guys moved I think. Is all well with the kids and Chris? Wont prob just in case but hope everything is. Drop me an e-mail if you get a chance would love to catch up.

Hugs,
Amy
Closed Thread