General Diet Plans and Questions - Calorie Points System!!!

View Full Version : Calorie Points System!!!

fitchers
02-05-2004, 11:20 AM
Hi all,

Is anyone familiar with the "Calorie Point System". It is where 1 calorie point = 75 calories. It is actually just a simplified way to keep track of your calories for the day, if you are counting calories to lose weight. I know diabetics use this sometimes for their weight loss method to count up their calories for the day.

So if ANYONE is familiar with the "Calorie Point System" PLEASE get in touch we me. Thanks in advance.

email at: rjwertel@northnet.net

bicker
02-06-2004, 07:40 AM
Weight Watchers owns the "Points" system. 1 point is about 50 calories. There are some modifiers, and each Weight Watchers division can have their own custom mods, which is rather strange if you ask me.

aphil
02-06-2004, 08:54 AM
The calories on the Weight Watchers plan are put into points...and it can very quite a bit from 30-100 calories per point. It depends on what you are eating. A big factor is how much fiber is in the food...because in the higher fiber foods you aren't absorbing all of the calories-so a higher fiber food of the same calorie content will be less points than a fiber free food.
Yes, I have heard of the calorie points system with diabetics...although the diabetics in my family usually use the exchange program...a certain food being 2 starches...or counted as 1 vegetable...doing it that way is easiest for them.
Aphil